PDA

View Full Version : Ray Allen: Celtics Didn't Put A Good Contract Offer on the Table

KB-Pau-DH2012
10-20-2012, 02:08 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/miamiheat/post/_/id/15502/ray-allen-on-boston-we-had-to-go

Can opening night get here any sooner?

The Heat kick off the season against the Celtics on Oct. 30 in Miami, and, as you might expect, Ray Allen is anxious to get back on the court against his old squad.

After spending five seasons in Boston, Allen left Beantown to join the team that sent the C's packing two postseasons in a row. Allen reportedly left about $6 million on the table to come to Miami, turning down a two-year, $12 million offer to stay in green.

Why?

To Allen and his family, it was all about business. Talking to WMEN in Miami (transcript via sportsradiointerviews.com), Allen laid out his reasons for joining the Heat.

“Well it was just really a shame because on one hand you could say so many great things about me as a player and my impact on the floor, and not only on the floor but off the floor, like we did so many great things in the community -- not only as a team, but as individuals -- and that was my community and I support it as much as I could. We had some foundation initiatives that we still continue to do, so that doesn’t change me.

It was a business decision and the team put me in the position where we had to move. We had to go. Miami was a better choice for us based on what the team was doing, so it wasn’t, don’t boo me, boo the team in a sense. Now it’s out of my control. … When this contract situation came down, everybody in my circle — mom, family, brother, sister, friends from college, people who watched me since I was in high school and since I was in college — nobody wanted me to re[-]sign in that situation because they thought, ‘There [is] so much left in you and this team isn’t taking care of you or treating you right.’ That’s the way I felt and it was like, if you are going to come and not put out a good contract on the table then, hey, we gotta think about going somewhere else.”

So, to recap, Allen picked Miami because of "what the team was doing" and also because the Celtics did not "put out a good contract on the table." Unless Allen thought he deserved more than the two-year deal that reportedly was offered by Boston, it's odd that he frames it as a decision based on a contract. After all, he reportedly took half the money to go to Miami.

The cheaper living costs and lack of a Florida state income tax might help, but probably not nearly enough to cover a 50 percent pay cut.

Corey
10-20-2012, 02:13 PM
Celtics offered double what the Heat offered.

The Celtics offered Ray Allen 2 years for 12 million + a no trade clause.

Allen turned around and asked the Celtics for 3 years 27 million.

Okay then.

P Harvy
10-20-2012, 02:14 PM
You know why I laugh the most?

KB-Pau-DH2012
10-20-2012, 02:16 PM

Okay then.

Exactly. I remember this guy calling out Kobe when he supposedly "ran Shaq outta town" and was talking **** about Kobe for all those yrs while he was rotting in Seattle.

And now here he 8 yrs after all of that. Now he feels entitled after being a seasoned vet, all-time leader in 3s (I take Reggie over him all-time anyways) and a championship.

The fact is he had injury issues, he has been declining the last 2-3 yrs, and he isn't the same player that he was when he was initially traded to Boston in the Summer of 07.

KB-Pau-DH2012
10-20-2012, 02:17 PM

The fact that it was a business decision, but for some reason you deleted that comment? :laugh2:

Im_in_Mia_bish
10-20-2012, 02:19 PM
Interesting..

topdog
10-20-2012, 02:20 PM

"It's a business decision" is one of the most underrated phrases on this site. I've seen so many people bash Ray Allen for leaving yet if you're working a job where you aren't respected and there are problems with employees in the office and you get offered MORE money to take another job it's an absolute no brainer.

The NBA isn't any different from someone working in a corporation. You are going to do what's best for yourself and your family. It doesn't have anything to do with the people in Boston. He didn't betray KG, he didn't betray Pierce and the fact that those two guys are butthurt over that is kind of pathetic.

But he didn't get offered more money. His decision is his decision. I don't see any reason to be mad at him; but, if it's about a contract, he's got to remember he's not the Ray Allen he used to be. He looks more like Allan Ray these days than Ray Allen :rimshot:

(You guys remember Allan Ray, right?)

justinnum1
10-20-2012, 02:21 PM
:yawn:

KB-Pau-DH2012
10-20-2012, 02:22 PM

This has less to do with the Heat and more with Ray Allen the "businessman".

You Heat fans are so paranoid in every single damn little thing. :laugh2:

And hey, don't blame us who make a thread of this, look who wrote the article, your team's very own stat whore Fat Haberstroh.

Usually, you're the quickest in quoting his tweets in these forums.

The goods
10-20-2012, 02:25 PM
Exactly. I remember this guy calling out Kobe when he supposedly "ran Shaq outta town" and was talking **** about Kobe for all those yrs while he was rotting in Seattle.

And now here he 8 yrs after all of that. Now he feels entitled after being a seasoned vet, all-time leader in 3s (I take Reggie over him all-time anyways) and a championship.

The fact is he had injury issues, he has been declining the last 2-3 yrs, and he isn't the same player that he was when he was initially traded to Boston in the Summer of 07.

Didn't he say Kobe would never win a ring without shaq? Shows what he knows I mean Kobe ***** on rays resume every morning, before going to practice.

InRoseWeTrust
10-20-2012, 02:27 PM
******** it had to do with money. You took LESS to go to Miami.

Vinylman
10-20-2012, 02:28 PM
Ray Allen is a real good basketball player...

Unfortunately he isn't the sharpest pencil in the stack...

doubt Heat fans care about that as long as he hits open 3s

shep33
10-20-2012, 02:30 PM
Honestly, who cares? Celtics got better. Barbosa + Bradley + Terry + Lee seem like a fine backup plan

KB-Pau-DH2012
10-20-2012, 02:34 PM
Honestly, who cares? Celtics got better. Barbosa + Bradley + Terry + Lee seem like a fine backup plan

Obviously the Celtics won out of all of this on the basketball court, but it's about the principle of things shep.

Allen has been BS-ing and trashing Rondo and the Celtics Organization like DOc and Danny, it's kinda disgusting. He should just be thankful that the Celtics were willing to part ways in a lottery pick (Jeff Green, who they ultimately got back) to acquire Ray, or else Ray would never have been a champion and would rot in Seattle or get traded to some other team that probably wasn't well equipped in building a championship contender like the Celtics did in the summer of 07.

Look, I hate those damn green icky leprechauns, but you know and I know that Ainge and Doc are geniuses and the Celtics have been one of the NBA elites now for 5 consecutive yrs, and now they've re-tooled to give themselves another 2-3 yr win on top of that. So we're essentially talking about 7-8 continuous yrs where they're among the contenders to win a champion.

Not many franchises can say that.

shep33
10-20-2012, 02:41 PM
Obviously the Celtics won out of all of this on the basketball court, but it's about the principle of things shep.

Allen has been BS-ing and trashing Rondo and the Celtics Organization like DOc and Danny, it's kinda disgusting. He should just be thankful that the Celtics were willing to part ways in a lottery pick (Jeff Green, who they ultimately got back) to acquire Ray, or else Ray would never have been a champion and would rot in Seattle or get traded to some other team that probably wasn't well equipped in building a championship contender like the Celtics did in the summer of 07.

Look, I hate those damn green icky leprechauns, but you know and I know that Ainge and Doc are geniuses and the Celtics have been one of the NBA elites now for 5 consecutive yrs, and now they've re-tooled to give themselves another 2-3 yr win on top of that. So we're essentially talking about 7-8 continuous yrs where they're among the contenders to win a champion.

Not many franchises can say that.

I agree, I mean it does seem like a weird comment by Ray, considering the Celts were going to offer him more money and I'm pretty sure they had a no trade clause in his contract offer too.

If he would've said "I left because I didn't get along with Ray or Doc", or something to that extent, fine. But yeah he's not telling the truth here, which I do find to be very uncharacteristic of Ray.

Looking at it from a Celtics perspective, I don't think it's a big deal. They're probably the deepest team on the perimeter right now.

Either way, i'm looking forward to the rivalry between these teams.

beasted86
10-20-2012, 02:44 PM

Says the guy who's first opinion based post in this thread about Ray Allen, managed to make it about Kobe.

Your level of Kobe jock-straddling is really quite disturbing. This is no longer about hate or dislike of Kobe or the Lakers or fan vs fan jabbing and debates... you really seemingly have a mental/social disorder.

DoMeFavors
10-20-2012, 02:49 PM
Ray Allen made the right choice. You only get one career in the NBA did he want to pass up another championship? Or pass up the chance to play with LeBron,Wade,Bosh?

bbd24
10-20-2012, 02:52 PM
STFU Ray Allen. You're digging yourself a deeper hole.

Nobody believed you when you didn't sign the better deal, & nobody is believing you now.

It's ok, you couldn't take a young cat like Rondo directing your arse all over the court. You'll get over it. Someday.

Zefflin
10-20-2012, 02:55 PM
The heat are the ultimate heel team...especially with pickin up rayray...****in heat, see you in the finals, lol

stern would have nothing less!

TheNumber37
10-20-2012, 02:58 PM
Don't boo me, he says. Yeah, right.

Chronz
10-20-2012, 03:33 PM

Okay then.

Thats the price of loyalty bro, Boston didnt put a good offer down. Probably for the best that they didn't

D-Leethal
10-20-2012, 03:33 PM
If your trying to not get booed, your gonna have to do better than that.

If I was a Boston fan I would boo him even more ruthlessly after this half assed attempt at getting back in good graces with Boston fans.

SwaggaIke
10-20-2012, 03:36 PM
It seems as if the Celtics only see it as "just business" from their end of the spectrum. Ray was always 1st up when it was time to make a possible trade & that's cool. But Ray made a business decision for himself & to be honest it's probably the best one I've seen in sports in a while. He fell into the perfect situation to end his career. He comes across as a fool w/ the lies, just tell it like it is. Miami is a better situation right now for his skills set & it was time for a fresh start.

Chronz
10-20-2012, 03:37 PM
Why are you generalizing what he said and downplaying it as "**** talking"? He ended up being right about his prophetic claim that Kobe would be asking for a trade within 2-3 years.

NBA Players feel entitled? Your joking me

Just another player we shouldn't take seriously huh.

sixer04fan
10-20-2012, 03:51 PM
Enough with this. No one cares anymore Ray Allen.

TheIlladelph16
10-20-2012, 04:10 PM
This very obviously wasn't about the money considering the deal he eventually took. My interpretation of it is that he felt Boston was not paying him enough considering what he had accomplished with his teammates, thus feeling disrespected. I honestly don't blame him for walking, but he is letting his pride get in the way of what was a pretty good offer from Boston to begin with. Between the contract situation and the Rondo clash (who from what I have read is a complete headcase), it worked out better for both parties involved though.

The Flash
10-20-2012, 04:12 PM
Ray Allen is awesome. He is a Miami HEAT player now and we all love him. Great dude

Supreme LA
10-20-2012, 04:13 PM
Ray Allen has always been a lil b**ch. It's nothing new. Now he's at a place where he belongs and fits in well with others just like him.

ThunderousDemon
10-20-2012, 04:14 PM
Says the guy who's first opinion based post in this thread about Ray Allen, managed to make it about Kobe.

Your level of Kobe jock-straddling is really quite disturbing. This is no longer about hate or dislike of Kobe or the Lakers or fan vs fan jabbing and debates... you really seemingly have a mental/social disorder.

Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

The Flash
10-20-2012, 04:19 PM
STFU Ray Allen. You're digging yourself a deeper hole.

Nobody believed you when you didn't sign the better deal, & nobody is believing you now.

It's ok, you couldn't take a young cat like Rondo directing your arse all over the court. You'll get over it. Someday.

I'm not sure Allen's on PSD , but who knows ...

naps
10-20-2012, 04:28 PM
Ray was treated like a piece of **** in Boston last 2 years. He had one leg out all the time as he was being shopped for 2 years. Ofcourse, a man with pride would feel insulted.

ThunderousDemon
10-20-2012, 04:31 PM
Ray was treated like a piece of **** in Boston last 2 years. He had one leg out all the time as he was being shopped for 2 years. Ofcourse, a man with pride would feel insulted.

How so?

avrpatsfan
10-20-2012, 04:43 PM
The real reason he went to Miami is they're the team with the best chance at winning a championship. I don't have a problem with that at all, but I'm tired of people saying he was disrespected. Business isn't personal.

Teeboy1487
10-20-2012, 04:55 PM

Okay then.

Ray Allen is clearly a dumb **** for turning down that deal (I had no idea about the no trade clause). He already has a ring too, so I don't know why he is ring chasing at this point. That's just me. I could care less about him joining the Heat, but when he says stupid crap like this, I just do this :rolleyes:.

Ebbs
10-20-2012, 05:01 PM
I don't care he made the right choice. Let's all move on. He has a pretty sure finals birth this year and he get's to play in a limited role that beneits him with a team of guys he doesn't hate and he gets to live in a hot state.

Teeboy1487
10-20-2012, 05:02 PM

Well the Heat just gave him half the pay the Celtics were offering and he is a bench player now (Most likely would have been starter for the Celtics). On top of that, the Celtics offered a no trade clause. I guess that's the mistreatment he left Boston for? There was no mistreatment.

bagwell368
10-20-2012, 05:36 PM
and now they've re-tooled to give themselves another 2-3 yr win on top of that.

The day KG is done, is the immediate ending of that.

kobe4thewinbang
10-20-2012, 05:41 PM

Okay then.That makes Ray Allen sound like a piece of crap that was trying to take advantage of a VERY GENEROUS offer for a guy that couldn't hit a shot all year a couple seasons back. Really questioning his character now. Still don't understand why he took half of the original amount if he wanted 27 million. Either way, this report makes him look like a selfish jerk. He won't be missed.

kobe4thewinbang
10-20-2012, 05:45 PM
This very obviously wasn't about the money considering the deal he eventually took. My interpretation of it is that he felt Boston was not paying him enough considering what he had accomplished with his teammates, thus feeling disrespected.27 million/3 years? That is simply nuts for a player on the decline.

KB-Pau-DH2012
10-20-2012, 05:47 PM
The day KG is done, is the immediate ending of that.

Yup, and that's why KG IMO is a top 20-22 player of all time in my books. The fact that he kept the Minnesota Timberwolves a perennial playoff team (or close to it) for 13 yrs and brought that team nationally televised games yr and yr after yr, and that his attitude, toughness, leadership and elite defense put the Celtics in championship contention for 5 yrs and probably for 2-3 more yrs (that's 7-8 yrs total).

Man, the guy is just flat out special!

jam
10-20-2012, 05:50 PM
Ray Ray doesn't need any more money. He's made well north of $100 million.

He was just sick of playing for a coach talking out of both sides of his mouth, and with teammates whom he despised (rajon bricklayer rondo), and for an org. phasing him out of the lineup at the same time they were telling him how much they valued him (doc and ainge).

Yes, he's playing for the darkside, and yes, he does want revenge, and yes, he is ring chasing. You can hate him for all of those reasons.

Boston did what it had to do to phase out an aging, past peak all star, and ray ray did what he had to do to get out of an org. with individuals whom he no longer trusted or perhaps never got along with from the very beginning.

The bottom line is both parties got what they wanted. Hate everyone for being happy now.

AddiX
10-20-2012, 06:09 PM
ray looking like a real btch.

3ballbomber
10-20-2012, 06:17 PM
This is the gist of Ray Allens situation as i see it:

He was butt hurt by Boston & made the decision to sign w/ Miami out of spite. But put himself in a position to acquire another ring albeit w/ a lesser role off the bench and by joining a rival team he was unable to beat.

Good for him if that's the way he wants to out but it's put a real bad taste in people's mouths - of course it tastes pretty sweet to Heat fans.

ThunderousDemon
10-20-2012, 06:20 PM

He was butt hurt by Boston & made the decision to sign w/ Miami out of spite. But put himself in a position to acquire another ring albeit w/ a lesser role off the bench and by joining a rival team he was unable to beat.

Good for him if that's the way he wants to out but it's put a real bad taste in people's mouths - of course it tastes pretty sweet to Heat fans.

It sure looks that way.

KB-Pau-DH2012
10-20-2012, 06:22 PM

The fact that he's making excuses with the whole contract thing is silly.

Funny how Doc, Ainge, KG, Pierce and everyone else has moved on from that and are busy incorporating the new guys like JET, Lee, Barbosa, Darko and getting Green incorporated back into the thick of things in Boston while this clown is still *****ing about the past rather than trying to build chemistry to the team he crawled to in South Beach.

king4day
10-20-2012, 06:23 PM
I think the Celtics made out just fine. They have guys who should stay healthy that can replace what Allen offered them.
Miami has their 3pt shooter. If he's healthy then they are winners too.

avengedchaos5
10-20-2012, 06:36 PM
im dead serious in saying this. ray allen is atop my all time hate list. what a whiner.

hate list

1 ray allen
2 kobe
3 D wade
4 lebron
5 ron artest

KB-Pau-DH2012
10-20-2012, 06:39 PM
im dead serious in saying this. ray allen is atop my all time hate list. what a whiner.

hate list

1 ray allen
2 kobe
3 D wade
4 lebron
5 metta world peace

fixed ;)

C-Style
10-20-2012, 06:42 PM

And hey, don't blame us who make a thread of this, look who wrote the article, your team's very own stat whore Fat Haberstroh.

Usually, you're the quickest in quoting his tweets in these forums.

:clap:

C-Style
10-20-2012, 06:43 PM

hate list

1 ray allen
2 kobe
3 D wade
4 lebron
5 ron artest

Why you hate Ron? he makes the Lakers/Celtics games more interesting!

KB-Pau-DH2012
10-20-2012, 07:00 PM
Why you hate Ron? he makes the Lakers/Celtics games more interesting!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-mT99HCFFI :)

Randy West
10-20-2012, 07:01 PM
I love Celtic fans tears

KB-Pau-DH2012
10-20-2012, 07:02 PM
I love Celtic fans tears

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owzhYNcd4OM

Lakeshow24KB
10-20-2012, 07:03 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-mT99HCFFI :)

He's such a boss! Don't care what anyone says he's my favorite player after Kobe.

KB-Pau-DH2012
10-20-2012, 07:06 PM
Here's an interesting fact, despite Ray Allen having that record 9 3 pters in game 2 of the 2010 finals in LA against the Lakers....

did you guys know that Ray Allen didn't have a single 3 pt make in the 3 middle games of games 3, 4 and 5 in Boston?

P Harvy
10-20-2012, 07:13 PM
The fact that it was a business decision, but for some reason you deleted that comment? :laugh2:

Lol I deleted the comment because I was wrong about a certain thing. At least I can admit when I'm wrong you know

KB-Pau-DH2012
10-20-2012, 07:15 PM
Lol I deleted the comment because I was wrong about a certain thing. At least I can admit when I'm wrong you know

I didn't see where you were wrong tbh. Maybe I didn't read your whole post.

Corey
10-20-2012, 07:20 PM
I love Celtic fans tears

Most Celtics fans that are actually capable of forming their own opinions are happy that Ray is gone because of the end game.

Lost Ray, but got Terry, Lee and Barbosa. I'll take that every day of the week.

NYMetros
10-20-2012, 07:24 PM

hate list

1 ray allen
2 kobe
3 D wade
4 lebron
5 ron artest

:facepalm:

You hate a guy who gave the Celtics 5 great years and a championship? Wow.

KB-Pau-DH2012
10-20-2012, 07:27 PM
Most Celtics fans that are actually capable of forming their own opinions are happy that Ray is gone because of the end game.

Lost Ray, but got Terry, Lee and Barbosa. I'll take that every day of the week.

Exactly, I just posted that Cartman link because that 2010 finals title over you guys still feels so good. :)

KB-Pau-DH2012
10-20-2012, 07:29 PM
:facepalm:

You hate a guy who gave the Celtics 5 great years and a championship? Wow.

Well, Ray Allen hates an organization that gave him that chance in the first place by parting with their lotto pick in Jeff Green and he despises a PG who probably gave the majority of his passes to Allen for his wide open 3 balls.

Goes both ways buddy.

JNoel
10-20-2012, 07:33 PM
Some people are never going to get over this, are they?

P Harvy
10-20-2012, 07:38 PM
I didn't see where you were wrong tbh. Maybe I didn't read your whole post.

I thought Allen was offered more money from the Heat but I was wrong. Either way it still doesn't change the fact that Ray was disrespected in Boston and he went somewhere where the money was still good and he'd be valued.

KB-Pau-DH2012
10-20-2012, 07:40 PM
Some people are never going to get over this, are they?

It's actually Ray Allen himself who hasn't gotten over it and is sounding like a bitter old man. This is becoming a weekly thing with him as he comes up with a new excuse while everyone in Boston has basically moved forward and are trying to incorporate their new pieces.

beasted86
10-20-2012, 07:41 PM
America is surely going to fail with how easily people take gossip for truths, and things at face value as credible. Because someone reported from unnamed sources that Allen got a $12M offer with a no-trade clauses, dumbasses will simply lap it up as that's exactly what happened. Similarly they will listen to a politician say he will lower taxes and get us out of the defecit and they will similarly swallow the blue pill.

NYMetros
10-20-2012, 07:43 PM
Well, Ray Allen hates an organization that gave him that chance in the first place by parting with their lotto pick in Jeff Green and he despises a PG who probably gave the majority of his passes to Allen for his wide open 3 balls.

Goes both ways buddy.

How does Ray Allen hate the Celtics lol? His contract was up so he went to the situation he felt was best. Is he supposed to be loyal to a team's that's tried trading him multiple times? So he has to be loyal to Boston but Boston doesn't have to be loyal to him? Okay then..

And you obviously don't know what you're talking about with the Rondo/Ray situation, buddy. Just cause they're not best friends doesn't mean they despise each other.

beasted86
10-20-2012, 07:47 PM
How does Ray Allen hate the Celtics lol? His contract was up so he went to the situation he felt was best. Is he supposed to be loyal to a team's that's tried trading him multiple times? So he has to be loyal to Boston but Boston doesn't have to be loyal to him? Okay then..

And you obviously don't know what you're talking about with the Rondo/Ray situation, buddy. Just cause they're not best friends doesn't mean they despise each other.

Dude, just shut up... Don't try and inject sensible logic into this thread.

JNoel
10-20-2012, 07:50 PM
It's actually Ray Allen himself who hasn't gotten over it and is sounding like a bitter old man. This is becoming a weekly thing with him as he comes up with a new excuse while everyone in Boston has basically moved forward and are trying to incorporate their new pieces.

He is just clearing up the air, and justifying on a MIAMI radio station, why he signed with the Heat. The media is just making another attempt to try and get everyone to hate the Heat again by looking at any little flaw or "newsworthy" detail they can, to try to derail the Heat simply for a story that people will follow. Because Miami is a small market, they take full advantage of downtalking them.

JasonJohnHorn
10-20-2012, 07:54 PM
But he didn't get offered more money. His decision is his decision. I don't see any reason to be mad at him; but, if it's about a contract, he's got to remember he's not the Ray Allen he used to be. He looks more like Allan Ray these days than Ray Allen :rimshot:

(You guys remember Allan Ray, right?)

I wish I knew who Allen Ray was, because something tells me that was a great joke.

SteBO
10-20-2012, 07:55 PM
Ray had his reasons for leaving, and people just need to accept the fact that he left. It worked out for both parties in my humble view, so as far as I'm concerned, this is a non issue.

But of course, people are going jump on it because of the team he's on. Shame, but it is what it is....

JasonJohnHorn
10-20-2012, 07:55 PM
From the sounds of it, boston but a reasonable contract on the table. I understand why Ray Allen had some hurt feelings towards Boston, and that is reason enough to leave if it bothered him that much, but at the end of the day, the contract they offered him was better than the one Miami offered him.

Vinylman
10-20-2012, 08:16 PM
I thought Allen was offered more money from the Heat but I was wrong. Either way it still doesn't change the fact that Ray was disrespected in Boston and he went somewhere where the money was still good and he'd be valued.

Ray Allen wouldn't know disrespect if it hit him in the face let alone do anything if he was disrespected...

what did he do when that racist gym owner basically told him he was a worthless POS because he is black...

Nothing?

Thats what i thought

xxplayerxx23
10-20-2012, 08:23 PM
He didn't like Rondo, that was a key reason he left IMO.

Slug3
10-20-2012, 09:05 PM
He didn't like Rondo, that was a key reason he left IMO.

I'm sure this and he didn't like the fact Boston tried to trade him. I think those 2 things are what made him pack his bags.

Corey
10-20-2012, 09:32 PM
I'm sure this and he didn't like the fact Boston tried to trade him. I think those 2 things are what made him pack his bags.

They offered him a no trade clause, just saying.

mdm692
10-20-2012, 09:52 PM
They offered him a no trade clause, just saying.

Allen: I want 27 mill/3 years
Ainge: You get 12 mill/2 year if you like
Allen: Excuse me but that's ******** you got this foo Rondo on my *** all the time and Rivers always making run around and play defense. On top of that you guys been trying to trade me
Ainge: Well you've been declining and hurt quite a bit. As a matter of fact you being injured and inconsistent cost us a title. You know what to show you loyalty you get a no trade clause.
Allen: Thats fine then. Does my mom still get free season/playoffs tickets.
Ainge: Yeah just tell her to stay sitting down
Allen: **** this I'm going to Miami she can hang out with Lebrons mom. . .and Delonte West :rimshot:.

bucketss
10-20-2012, 10:05 PM
KB forever hating on haberstroh lol.

SwatTeam
10-20-2012, 10:40 PM
derp derp post padding derp derp

Gram
10-20-2012, 10:41 PM

Past your bedtime?

Losoway
10-21-2012, 12:55 AM
you never know what the details to the contract was .

justinnum1
10-21-2012, 01:21 AM
Past your bedtime?

Very original. 6/10

fishfan79
10-21-2012, 01:24 AM
Oh wells, who cares. He is here now. Heck last year the C's kept trying to trade him repeatedly. So their loss is out gain.

naps
10-21-2012, 01:54 AM

X10000000000.... The guy is sick. He has a very frequent tendency of turning a completely different topic about Kobe.

naps
10-21-2012, 01:56 AM
How so?

Read the next sentence. And there are more reasons.

The real reason he went to Miami is they're the team with the best chance at winning a championship. I don't have a problem with that at all, but I'm tired of people saying he was disrespected. Business isn't personal.

So when people accuse him of betrayal what do you say? If that was business then his departure from Boston is business too.

Well the Heat just gave him half the pay the Celtics were offering and he is a bench player now (Most likely would have been starter for the Celtics). On top of that, the Celtics offered a no trade clause. I guess that's the mistreatment he left Boston for? There was no mistreatment.

He was being shopped for 2 years. He had one leg out all-time. Who wants to be insecure about his job, family, and career?
His eccentric point guard didn't like him and everyone, reportedly, including the coach was on Rondo's side.

I guess coming off of bench to replace the best shooting in the league is more respectful than replacing Bradley. Not to mention that comes with a much better chance of winning it all. And Celtics already committed to Terry before Allen committed to Miami, IIRC.

The man is the most consummate professional you can think of who has a lot of pride to not put up with crap, locker room politics, and job insecurity.

naps
10-21-2012, 01:58 AM
The fact that he's making excuses with the whole contract thing is silly.

Funny how Doc, Ainge, KG, Pierce and everyone else has moved on from that and are busy incorporating the new guys like JET, Lee, Barbosa, Darko and getting Green incorporated back into the thick of things in Boston while this clown is still *****ing about the past rather than trying to build chemistry to the team he crawled to in South Beach.

You are such a clown. Not long ago they have all run their mouth about Ray. WTF are you talking about?
And Ray was being asked to explain the reasons for his departure.

naps
10-21-2012, 02:06 AM

Htownballa1622
10-21-2012, 02:11 AM
I find it ironic the same ppl who dislike the Heat can't leave them alone and quit making threads about them and their players.

naps
10-21-2012, 02:15 AM
I find it ironic the same ppl who dislike the Heat can't leave them alone and quit making threads about them and their players.

It's the very same few people if you notice.

rockbottom2010
10-21-2012, 02:17 AM
big mistake for nba fans.....ray allen is ur worst nightmare

Htownballa1622
10-21-2012, 02:39 AM
It's the very same few people if you notice.

:nod:

Meaze_Gibson
10-21-2012, 11:51 AM
Let us go head and stop the lies. The Celtics never offered Ray Allen a no trade clause. They considered it...but never offered it to him. No way would I go back to a team trying to bench and shop me without stability, especially when my child needs a steady environment for health reasons. Great decision by both Ray and Celtics.

Bos_Sports4Life
10-21-2012, 02:00 PM
the only thing that makes ray look like a douche is the fact he was upset about being benched...

Bradley was giving the c's a better chance to win, everyone saw that besides ray..

mvb815
10-21-2012, 02:19 PM
what he is really saying is, "i would have stayed in boston for more money, but if i'm not going to get the money i want i'd rather just get a ring in miami."

can't blame him