PDA

View Full Version : Battle of the bench (FINALS)

esb
10-19-2012, 08:07 PM
Here are the winners of the poll results of the Eastern & Western Conferences.

Which bench 5 is the nba's best?

Eastern Conf.

Atlantic: Celtics

PG - Avery Bradley
SG - Jason Terry
SF - Jeff Green
PF - Jared Sullinger
C - Darko Milicic

Western Conf.

Pacific: LA Clippers

PG - Eric Bledsoe
SG - Jamal Crawford
SF - Grant Hill
PF - Lamar Odom
C - Ronny Turiaf

jbelmar4
10-19-2012, 10:00 PM
Clippers; Although Jeff Green could matchup against Grant Hill

ChiTownPacerFan
10-19-2012, 10:15 PM
How are the Clippers winning this poll? If Sully is as good as he's looked in preseason, you could argue that the Celtics are better at every position.

jericho
10-19-2012, 10:21 PM
didnt the celtics also get leandro barbosa 2????

NYMetros
10-19-2012, 10:28 PM
How is the Clippers bench even close to being as good as Boston's?

xnick5757
10-19-2012, 10:47 PM
Sullinger might end up starting for the Celtics the way hes playing

mets100%
10-19-2012, 10:51 PM
Celtics bench is more explosive and balanced than the clippers.

airforceones25
10-19-2012, 11:05 PM
The way I see it..

Bledsoe > Bradley
Crawford >= Terry
Barnes/Hill =< Green
Odom ??? Sullinger
Turiaf/Hollins =< Milicic

mets100%
10-19-2012, 11:11 PM
The way I see it..

Bledsoe > Bradley
Crawford >= Terry
Barnes/Hill =< Green
Odom ??? Sullinger

Bradley is better than Bledsoe and Terry is better than Crawford.

Guppyfighter
10-19-2012, 11:52 PM
Spurs/Pacers/Nuggets should have won this. Crazy people.

Super.
10-20-2012, 12:01 AM
The way I see it..

Bledsoe > Bradley
Crawford >= Terry
Barnes/Hill =< Green
Odom ??? Sullinger

Bradley's defense alone makes him better than Bledsoe, not to mention he's completely superior to him offensively makes it over the top how much better Bradley is than Bledsoe
http://i.imgur.com/jgRlT.png

And Terry is really just better than Crawford, the numbers don't lie.
http://i.imgur.com/6pEp4.png

Sullys looked good in preseason, but eh, preseason. Odom was terrible last year.

Milicic/Wilcox > Turiaf/Hollins
The only reason Hollins was even playing last season was because Wilcox was hurt and Stiesma was hurting.

ROY 2 MVP Braun
10-20-2012, 12:16 AM
celtics have jeff green coming back too they are way better than the clips bench!!

ROY 2 MVP Braun
10-20-2012, 12:17 AM
is that the green you meant or did u mean gerald green for sf? not sure im kinda confused i dont know if gerald resigned there but i thought he did for some reason

Ebbs
10-20-2012, 12:54 AM
Celtics. Green is no more of a question mark to me than Odom is really. Also I think Melo can contribute this season who isn't listed.

airforceones25
10-20-2012, 01:08 AM
Bradley's defense alone makes him better than Bledsoe, not to mention he's completely superior to him offensively makes it over the top how much better Bradley is than Bledsoe

Sullys looked good in preseason, but eh, preseason. Odom was terrible last year.

The only reason Hollins was even playing last season was because Wilcox was hurt and Stiesma was hurting.

First off I get a kick out of you comparing 1 freaking season as evidence a player is better than the other. LOL

Secondly, i'm going to just go ahead and assume you have never seen Eric Bledsoe play. He was coming off surgery last year that saw him miss a huge portion of the season and had to play his way into shape. His offensive game reflects that. If you just look at his post season numbers offensively and defensively its a completely different story.

It's also convenient that that Crawford had statistically his worse year ever last year. However, both he and Terry finished with the exact same 15.80 per. I feel an argument can be made either way for these players hence the = sign I displayed. For one to argue one is clearly better than the other is somewhat laughable considering they nearly have identical career numbers.

Clippersfan86
10-20-2012, 01:11 AM

Bledsoe is only a slightly worse man defender, is a MUCH better rebounder on both ends, is a better help defender and off ball defender (steals and blocks superior by a long ways). In otherwords Bledsoe overall impacts defense more and rebounds better IMO. Steve Nash has said he HATES playing against Eric Bledsoe. Here are their PER 36 numbers last year.

Bradley: 12.7 ppg, 3 rpg, 2.3 apg, 1 spg, .3 bpg.

Bledsoe: 10 ppg, 5 rpg, 5 apg, 2.5 spg, 1 bpg.

Bradley is the more consistent and better scorer and slightly better man defender at this point. Bledsoe is the better passer, rebounder, off ball defender and help defender right now. So people need to STOP acting like there is a gap between these guys. Bledsoe has more upside and is more raw and Bradley is slightly better at best right now.

airforceones25
10-20-2012, 01:17 AM
If he wants to look at some tiny sample size as he has I find in convenient that he didn't include the playoffs when Bledsoe was healthy. Probably because Bledsoe dominates Bradley in every category. lol

As he says numbers don't lie. Lol

Clippersfan86
10-20-2012, 01:21 AM
If he wants to look at some tiny sample size as he has I find in convenient that he didn't include the playoffs when Bledsoe was healthy. Probably because Bledsoe dominates Bradley in every category. lol

As he says numbers don't lie. Lol

Well he left out that Bledsoe wasn't even near 100 percent till end of May or early April. He came back early May but was sore and didn't play much, then had his week long D league stint. That was coming off a knee surgery and no time to really rehab to max due to lockout. Bledsoe impacts the game in more ways than Bradley can dream of. The rebounding and blocks are astounding for a PG then he racks up steals extremely quick as well.

In the playoffs Bledsoe put up 16.6 ppg PER 36 once he was healthy to go with normal 5 rpg, 4.5+ apg and 2.5 spg (and the 1 bpg). His shot looks a lot better this year so far as does his passing.

mets100%
10-20-2012, 03:10 AM
Well he left out that Bledsoe wasn't even near 100 percent till end of May or early April. He came back early May but was sore and didn't play much, then had his week long D league stint. That was coming off a knee surgery and no time to really rehab to max due to lockout. Bledsoe impacts the game in more ways than Bradley can dream of. The rebounding and blocks are astounding for a PG then he racks up steals extremely quick as well.

In the playoffs Bledsoe put up 16.6 ppg PER 36 once he was healthy to go with normal 5 rpg, 4.5+ apg and 2.5 spg (and the 1 bpg). His shot looks a lot better this year so far as does his passing.

I don't see Bledsoe being mention as the best on-ball defender in the league. Last year Bradley play with a bad shoulder.

Clippersfan86
10-20-2012, 04:43 AM
I don't see Bledsoe being mention as the best on-ball defender in the league. Last year Bradley play with a bad shoulder.

Have you watched Bledsoe starting with the playoffs? His defense is flat out elite. The guy forced Manu and Tony Parker into multiple 24 second violations and has no problem swatting the crap out of PF's and C's in the paint. Then he's an absolutely dominant ball thief. I already said Bradley is a better on ball defender but it's a much slighter margin than people here would lead you to believe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7q5hOPAlpM

I know it's preseason but watch his impact. Dude had 27 points. 8 rebounds, 5 steals, 5 assists and 2 blocks. He regularly has all around stat stuffers like this in limited minutes (usually 10 points instead of 27). He's had multiple 4+ steal quarters and 2 block quarters off the bench.

When you have the most ball handling savvy PG in the game (Nash) saying he hates going up against you that's how you know you've made it defensively.

Clippersfan86
10-20-2012, 04:52 AM
Deleted