PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever switched teams?

Machinehead
10-19-2012, 04:23 PM
Have you ever changed your favorite team? If so, who was your original and who did you change it to? I have always been a life long Rockies Fan

GA16Angels
10-19-2012, 04:27 PM
I was actually a Cardinals fan when I was like ages 5-6. But that was mainly because I hated the Dodgers and it seemed like they always beat the Dodgers. Also, I thought Mark McGuire was really awesome.

Rush
10-19-2012, 04:38 PM
Nope. Always been a Giants fan and will always be one.

natepro
10-19-2012, 04:41 PM
Once I got lost while hiking, and the only way to survive as night hit was to stay warm, so the guide and I...

Oh. Baseball.

Not really. I've always been an Angels fan, they were just who I gravitated towards growing up despite the existence of the Dodgers as well. I've always pulled for the Cardinals, too... my grandpa was a life-long Cardinals fan (he was born in Joplin), and because of that my mom is, and my girlfriend is, and I lived in STL for a long time, so it only seemed natural. Helped that they rarely played the Angels, too.

rocket
10-19-2012, 04:46 PM
no. never.

OneTuzSea
10-19-2012, 04:50 PM
:whistle:

Yep. I was a Mariners/Chargers/Magic fan until earlier this year. The change started when I went to my first game of any sports last year when we saw the Indians/Mariners. I really liked actually being in range of a team that I could see, and the crowd and general feeling was awesome. Then when my son was born in February I decided to try and switch to all Cleveland teams so I could actually take him to games and I haven't looked back since. It's much easier to follow them and I feel more connected to them when they're closer. And I actually get to watch the Indians play, unlike the Mariners that start at 10:10 every night.

I picked teams for weird reasons. The Mariners because of his video game on the N64 and I just followed him from them on, the Chargers because I randomly picked them in a game against my brother on Super Play Action Football for the SNES when I was really young and the Magic because I wanted to be Shaq when I was little.

Also, where I grew up was almost dead center between Cleveland and Pittsburgh and I couldn't stand Pittsburgh fans so when it came to that argument I was always on the Cleveland side. So the transition wasn't huge.

metswon69
10-19-2012, 04:51 PM
Wouldn't ever think of it.

Besides i have a Met's tattoo on my arm as part of a sleeve.

Would be hard to switch teams now!

WadeKobe
10-19-2012, 04:53 PM
Once. When I was really little (4-6) I was a fan of the Red Sox, only because of Roger Clemens.

When I found Frank Thomas and the White Sox at age 7, I picked them, but still followed the Red Sox pretty adamantly. When Roger left when I was 9, it was settled. The White Sox were my favorite team. Have been ever since.

old blue
10-19-2012, 04:55 PM
All the time when I was in the elementary. But been with the dodgers since early 70's. although te McCourt later years were trying

redbird89
10-19-2012, 04:57 PM
I've always been a Cardinal fan, as its in my blood.

I didn't really start paying close attention to baseball until my teen years, though.

rcs15
10-19-2012, 05:00 PM
No, I'm not ****ing lame

JesusNYY_Savior
10-19-2012, 05:01 PM
Have you ever changed your favorite team? If so, who was your original and who did you change it to? I have always been a life long Rockies Fan

guessing you have a foot fetish?

tp13baby
10-19-2012, 05:08 PM
The Rockies born and raised. Just sick of losing is all:(

GNick
10-19-2012, 05:11 PM
I was an Expos fan but switched to Blue Jays when they came into baseball

Beltrans Mole
10-19-2012, 05:19 PM
That's an awfully personal question. But if you must ask...I had some wild experiences in college...

mikekhelxD
10-19-2012, 05:25 PM
Nope. Been a Bulls fan simply because I grew up in the 90s and that's what I heard and saw most of the time. Only been a Dodgers fan, but it was hard being a fan the past couple years. As for Hockey, I just started watching when the Kings made the playoffs last year. I like watching underdog teams, and it happened to be the LA Kings. I don't even consider them my team yet, but it seems like i'm heading that way.

Lakers + Giants
10-19-2012, 05:35 PM
I used to be a dodger fan then switched to the angels then to the yankees then the phillies and now I'm a giants fan. I might become a cardinals fan tonight.

jonnydanger1
10-19-2012, 05:36 PM
One does not simply, change teams.

Gram
10-19-2012, 05:40 PM
I grew up in a house where it was be a Tiger fan or get out. So no.

Jack of Blades
10-19-2012, 05:50 PM
Once I got lost while hiking, and the only way to survive as night hit was to stay warm, so the guide and I...

Oh. Baseball.

Not really. I've always been an Angels fan, they were just who I gravitated towards growing up despite the existence of the Dodgers as well. I've always pulled for the Cardinals, too... my grandpa was a life-long Cardinals fan (he was born in Joplin), and because of that my mom is, and my girlfriend is, and I lived in STL for a long time, so it only seemed natural. Helped that they rarely played the Angels, too.

:laugh2:

GrumpyOldMan
10-19-2012, 06:03 PM
Growing up we didn't have a team in Canada, but I could always listen to the Yankee games on the radio so they were the team I followed. Then when we got the Expos in Montreal I became a fan of them. Then Toronto got a team and I had a National League team and an American League team. Now that Montreal lost their team I am only a Jays fan.

cheaptrikz
10-19-2012, 06:03 PM
Absolutely not.

long ball
10-19-2012, 06:10 PM
When I was really little I wasn't interested in baseball. At that time I suppose I rooted for the Twins because that was the team my dad liked.

When I really got into baseball in middle school I became a Brewers fan because I grew up in the Milwaukee area.

There have been different teams I've rooted for throughout the years for different reasons though. I would say I've ever been a fan of a team other than the Brewers though.

SenorGato
10-19-2012, 06:10 PM
Grew up around Yankee fans, was a Yankee fan, still watch a ton of Yankee baseball, still pay attention to the Yankees, read a ton of the material on how the Yankees have operated in the past....Fan of the Cubs since '98 and look forward to the day I can hold them to the kind of standards the Yankees operate at.

SenorGato
10-19-2012, 06:12 PM
That's an awfully personal question. But if you must ask...I had some wild experiences in college...

So what you're saying is that you kissed boys in college? POSSIBLY made physical contact with a penis?

fadedmario
10-19-2012, 06:32 PM
Absolutely not. Been a Tigers fan since 1981.

Only other team I support is the Cubs. Growing up as a kid when the Tigers weren't playing we could get Cubs games on WGN. I loved watching Ryne Sandberg and Mark Grace.

Beltrans Mole
10-19-2012, 06:40 PM
So what you're saying is that you kissed boys in college? POSSIBLY made physical contact with a penis?

Of course! (Bane voice)

YadiSTL
10-19-2012, 06:50 PM
I was a Rangers fan when A-Rod was there, Of course I got tired of his *****ing and when he left, I was so frustrated that we had a star player and he left us for dead, I left the Rangers and baseball for a bit, But, I wasn't paying as much attention to baseball then as I do now. I started to watch the Cardinals(since we get their games here) and fell in love with the cards shortly after. Texas was my second favorite team for a while, but I don't care for them too much anymore.

Skippy15
10-19-2012, 06:58 PM
Always has been the cardinals.

I mean when I was 3-4 my family would get free reds tickets and stuff and I'd wear reds hats and be excited when the reds did something based on crowed reaction but I didn't know what was going on at the time. I started watching the cardinals when I started really watching baseball at about 8.

Mell413
10-19-2012, 06:58 PM
I rooted for the Sox in my younger days. Since my dad was a Sox fan. I grew out of that when Sosa was a Cub. Still pay attention to the Sox though, but that's mainly to watch AL teams I normally don' t get to see

More-Than-Most
10-19-2012, 07:11 PM
Nope always Packers/Phillies/Flyers/Sixers

CHRISDODGERS
10-19-2012, 07:16 PM
used to be Giants fan

UPRock
10-19-2012, 07:23 PM
Gigantes.

LionsFan..LOL
10-19-2012, 07:23 PM
Nope. I support all Detroit teams through thick and thin. I once considered stop watching football after 2008 but never actually went through with it.

fadedmario
10-19-2012, 07:25 PM
used to be Giants fan

Not surprised.

Yankees90.
10-19-2012, 07:26 PM
Born in the Bronx, lived in Staten Island for a while before moving to PA. Been a Yankees fan since I can remember, and always will be no matter what.

CHRISDODGERS
10-19-2012, 07:27 PM
Not surprised.

lol, you're the worst

fadedmario
10-19-2012, 07:29 PM
lol, you're the worst

ok. CHRISGIANTS..

SFGIANTSFAN32
10-19-2012, 07:35 PM
No Way!! Always been Black n Orange and always will be. I always give my cousin crap cause he use to be a G's fan. He became an A's fan(ugggh) when the Giants traded his fav player Matt williams back in the day. He was only like 10 or 12 at the time and was persuaded by another cousin(also an A's fan) to switch.
You would think with how many good (semi elite)players the stupid A's traded away since, he woulda switched teams again 50 times

SFGIANTSFAN32
10-19-2012, 07:39 PM
It really suprises me how some people really can switch teams. I kinda get it if you are young and dumb like i mentioned above about my cousin, but to me when you are older, it shows you have no loyalty to your team and perhaps maybe they are bangwagoners imo

SFGIANTSFAN32
10-19-2012, 07:41 PM
I used to be a dodger fan then switched to the angels then to the yankees then the phillies and now I'm a giants fan. I might become a cardinals fan tonight.

Please do switch to the Cards, im sure the real Giants fans dont want ya :facepalm:

fadedmario
10-19-2012, 07:42 PM
It really suprises me how some people really can switch teams. I kinda get it if you are young and dumb like i mentioned above about my cousin, but to me when you are older, it shows you have no loyalty to your team and perhaps maybe they are bangwagoners imo

x2

sacgiants1213
10-19-2012, 07:42 PM
Braves used to be my 2nd favorite team. Loved Chipper and Maddux and they were on TBS during my childhood. So, i switched my 2nd favorite team from ATL to no one.

CHRISDODGERS
10-19-2012, 07:47 PM
ok. CHRISGIANTS..

:laugh2:

Rush
10-19-2012, 07:50 PM
Nope always Packers/Phillies/Flyers/Sixers

What happened to the Eagles?

Machinehead
10-19-2012, 07:51 PM
What happened to the Eagles?

The eagles have never won anything.... This kid's obviously a bandwagoner

MetsFanatic19
10-19-2012, 07:53 PM
Win, lose, or tie, Muts fan 'till I die.

Machinehead
10-19-2012, 07:54 PM
Win, lose, or tie, Muts fan 'till I die.

How old are you?

Rush
10-19-2012, 07:55 PM
I just find it weird in my opinion how one can't be a fan of their home town team and find other teams to root for. That's just me though.

My cousin though, ugh. For whatever reason she grew up in a city just south of San Francisco and hates the 49ers. I don't get it. She moved to Nashville in her early 20s and became a Titans fans. It was great timing too considering that's the year they went undefeated into Week 11 :rolleyes:. Then started to love Tebow because he was hot and became a Broncos fan. Now that he's traded to the Jets, she's kind of a Jets fan and still is a little bit of a Broncos fan, but I guess Titans still #1. I don't know. As for baseball she was an A's fan because she thought Mulder and Zito were hot. In 2010 she was all Giants and bought some World Series stuff, but now when the A's were coming down the stretch it was all about the A's. Pisses me off.

Yankees90.
10-19-2012, 07:59 PM
Double post sorry

Yankees90.
10-19-2012, 08:00 PM
The eagles have never won anything.... This kid's obviously a bandwagoner

You do realize that there are other reasons to being a fan of a certain team besides being born in that city/state or being a bandwagoner right?

Use my futbol team for example. I still consider myself a New Yorker even if I no longer live there. But I absolutely HATE the MLS. It's like watching women's futbol. My team in based in Munchen (Munich) I could write you a book on why that is my team, but to put it shortly....when I first watched them, love at first sight. I did not know how successful that team actually was until I really started to study and learn the team. My favorite player currently (Bastian Schweinsteiger) and my favorite player of all time (Franz Beckenbauer) played for the same team. The icing on the cake though was when I went on a Euro trip and visited Munich. My goodness, absolutely beautiful city and by far my favorite. Yes, more then New York and dare I say, Amsterdam :hide:

Sorry to get so into my response towards your post, just figured I'd share because there are many other reasons a person likes a certain team. Sure, you have a TON of bandwagon fans, and being a Yankees fan I deal with plenty of them. But not the only reason.

Oh and P.S....since I have family all over Europe, including Munich, it makes it easier for me to visit and watch my team :)

MetsFanatic19
How old are you?

Clever. I'm 16, by the way.

SFGIANTSFAN32
I just find it weird in my opinion how one can't be a fan of their home town team and find other teams to root for. That's just me though.

My cousin though, ugh. For whatever reason she grew up in a city just south of San Francisco and hates the 49ers. I don't get it. She moved to Nashville in her early 20s and became a Titans fans. It was great timing too considering that's the year they went undefeated into Week 11 :rolleyes:. Then started to love Tebow because he was hot and became a Broncos fan. Now that he's traded to the Jets, she's kind of a Jets fan and still is a little bit of a Broncos fan, but I guess Titans still #1. I don't know. As for baseball she was an A's fan because she thought Mulder and Zito were hot. In 2010 she was all Giants and bought some World Series stuff, but now when the A's were coming down the stretch it was all about the A's. Pisses me off.

That explains it right there..... Some females just like the game/s or team/s for the guys im sure. I knew female friends who also liked Mulder, Hudson and Zito back then as well but not usre if they were into the team itself haha

SFGIANTSFAN32
10-19-2012, 08:01 PM

That explains it.....

Machinehead
10-19-2012, 08:02 PM
You do realize that there are other reasons to being a fan of a certain team besides being born in that city/state or being a bandwagoner right?

Use my futbol team for example. I still consider myself a New Yorker even if I no longer live there. But I absolutely HATE the MLS. It's like watching women's futbol. My team in based in Munchen (Munich) I could write you a book on why that is my team, but to put it shortly....when I first watched them, love at first sight. I did not know how successful that team actually was until I really started to study and learn the team. My favorite player currently (Bastian Schweinsteiger) and my favorite player of all time (Franz Beckenbauer) played for the same team. The icing on the cake though was when I went on a Euro trip and visited Munich. My goodness, absolutely beautiful city and by far my favorite. Yes, more then New York and dare I say, Amsterdam

Sorry to get so into my response towards your post, just figured I'd share because there are many other reasons a person likes a certain team. Sure, you have a TON of bandwagon fans, and being a Yankees fan I deal with plenty of them. But not the only reason.

I stopped reading after the first line because I came to my senses and said to myself "wait a minute.... I'm going to get a lecture about being wrong about band wagoners.... From a Yankees fan!? That's like an oxymoron"

SFGIANTSFAN32
10-19-2012, 08:03 PM

Use my futbol team for example. I still consider myself a New Yorker even if I no longer live there. But I absolutely HATE the MLS. It's like watching women's futbol. My team in based in Munchen (Munich) I could write you a book on why that is my team, but to put it shortly....when I first watched them, love at first sight. I did not know how successful that team actually was until I really started to study and learn the team. My favorite player currently (Bastian Schweinsteiger) and my favorite player of all time (Franz Beckenbauer) played for the same team. The icing on the cake though was when I went on a Euro trip and visited Munich. My goodness, absolutely beautiful city and by far my favorite. Yes, more then New York and dare I say, Amsterdam :hide:

no offense bro, i stopped reading when i read that lol

Rush
10-19-2012, 08:04 PM

Use my futbol team for example. I still consider myself a New Yorker even if I no longer live there. But I absolutely HATE the MLS. It's like watching women's futbol. My team in based in Munchen (Munich) I could write you a book on why that is my team, but to put it shortly....when I first watched them, love at first sight. I did not know how successful that team actually was until I really started to study and learn the team. My favorite player currently (Bastian Schweinsteiger) and my favorite player of all time (Franz Beckenbauer) played for the same team. The icing on the cake though was when I went on a Euro trip and visited Munich. My goodness, absolutely beautiful city and by far my favorite. Yes, more then New York and dare I say, Amsterdam

Ya I understand that. Another example like they're family may have moved, but remain faithful to their team's city and brought up their kids liking that team. That's what I'd do. I know what you mean. But I guess it's just me.

Rush
10-19-2012, 08:05 PM

Hey! Soccer's great!

I wish America embraced it like the other major sports.

OpenAvalin
10-19-2012, 08:08 PM

Props. It's hard for people to be mets fans first of all, but for a 16 year old? Damn, you weren't even alive their good ol days... Good for you man. I'm 16 also, and an A's fan. I started following in '07 which was the beginning of the collapse for the A's. I really like when people are fans for bad teams, no offense, but I just appreciate and respect them more.

Anyone can like good teams, real men like teams through thick and thin, even if they have a ton of bad years.

This was the first time ever I got to see my favorite team finish above .500

MetsFanatic19
10-19-2012, 08:08 PM
That explains it.....

Are you saying that because I'm only 16, I haven't realized that the Mets are bad yet? I'm not a toddler sucking my thumb, thinking my team is the best. I said "Muts" for a reason. Of course I get frustrated that they suck, but honestly, I've grown up around ****** sports teams.

My high school football team sucks. Basketball team sucks. I'm a Jets fans, Knicks fan (who sucked horribly until a few years ago), so on and so forth. I'm kind of used to it. I HATE bandwagon fans. HATE them! I will never leave a team just because of their record.

MetsFanatic19
10-19-2012, 08:10 PM
Props. It's hard for people to be mets fans first of all, but for a 16 year old? Damn, you weren't even alive their good ol days... Good for you man. I'm 16 also, and an A's fan. I started following in '07 which was the beginning of the collapse for the A's. I really like when people are fans for bad teams, no offense, but I just appreciate and respect them more.

Anyone can like good teams, real men like teams through thick and thin, even if they have a ton of bad years.

This was the first time ever I got to see my favorite team finish above .500

Lol thanks. I got a breath of fresh air in 2006, but that's it, but it was the greatest.

Yankees90.
10-19-2012, 08:10 PM
I stopped reading after the first line because I came to my senses and said to myself "wait a minute.... I'm going to get a lecture about being wrong about band wagoners.... From a Yankees fan!? That's like an oxymoron"

Well then, that just goes to show you're educational level, and what an idiot you are. MAYBE if you read the whole post, you would see what it was about. But you go and act like a female who is bleeding because I'm a Yankees fan. You're sad kid.

Yankees90.
10-19-2012, 08:11 PM

Well then, maybe football? Actually requires you using your feet. And I say "futbol" because that is how it is said in written in my "home" country, and in most other countries. I was born here but still consider home over there.

Rush
10-19-2012, 08:13 PM
Are you saying that because I'm only 16, I haven't realized that the Mets are bad yet? I'm not a toddler sucking my thumb, thinking my team is the best. I said "Muts" for a reason. Of course I get frustrated that they suck, but honestly, I've grown up around ****** sports teams.

My high school football team sucks. Basketball team sucks. I'm a Jets fans, Knicks fan (who sucked horribly until a few years ago), so on and so forth. I'm kind of used to it. I HATE bandwagon fans. HATE them! I will never leave a team just because of their record.

Agreed. I can't stand them.

Yankees90.
10-19-2012, 08:17 PM

Try being a Yankees fan and literally having to deal with this everyday lol. I try to sit there and have a legit, intelligent convo about the Yanks, and I leave there slapping myself in the face.

Machinehead
10-19-2012, 08:21 PM
Try being a Yankees fan and literally having to deal with this everyday lol. I try to sit there and have a legit, intelligent convo about the Yanks, and I leave there slapping myself in the face.

Are you contradicting yourself?

MetsFanatic19
10-19-2012, 08:23 PM

Yeah, the Yanks definitly have the most frontrunner fans, but for the most part, you guys are good. Especially yous guys on PSD.

One bad apple spoils the bunch, and in your case, it's the douchebag with the Yankees snapback who only knows how many championships they've won.

CHRISDODGERS
10-19-2012, 08:24 PM

Give me a break. Not all Yankee fans are bandwagoners. keep trying.

Puck017
10-19-2012, 08:24 PM
Don't think I would ever change my favorite team in baseball even if the Braves moved since I'm not from Atlanta to begin with, but when the Hornets moved out of Charlotte it wasn't difficult for me to drop them as my favorite team. I've been looking for a team to root for in the NBA ever since and change allegiances practically every year.

MetsFanatic19
10-19-2012, 08:26 PM
I always imagine what it'd be like if I were to move to, say, Los Angelas and how I would still keep in touch with the Mets. I'd definitly become a minor fan or the Dodgers or Angels, but the Mets would still be #1.

CHRISDODGERS
10-19-2012, 08:28 PM
I work at a movie theater in Los Angeles obviously, and this couple walks in with full Giants gear on. They were wearing matching hats and I believe shirts too. Being a douchebag Dodger fan, I had to say something lol. I said they're in the wrong part of Cali jokingly and they looked at me like I was a complete idiot. The guy didn't say anything until they walked away with their tickets and he goes "I just collect the hats man..." and that was it.

so weird.

Rush
10-19-2012, 08:31 PM
I work at a movie theater in Los Angeles obviously, and this couple walks in with full Giants gear on. They were wearing matching hats and I believe shirts too. Being a douchebag Dodger fan, I had to say something lol. I said they're in the wrong part of Cali jokingly and they looked at me like I was a complete idiot. The guy didn't say anything until they walked away with their tickets and he goes "I just collect the hats man..." and that was it.

so weird.

:facepalm: Dumbass.

OpenAvalin
10-19-2012, 08:31 PM
Baseball: A's (my #2 is Pirates)
Basketball: Kings
Football: Raiders

I am definitely NOT a front runner. I'm from New Jersey and I love all the sucky teams from across the country. I don't know why, but I just have a thing for underdogs. I just don't see the fun in liking a team that's already good, it makes it much more enjoyable for a bad team to have that one great season. (2012 A's)

Yankees90.
10-19-2012, 08:32 PM

:facepalm:

Ok kid, let me try to explain this as simple as possible.

The Yankees, without a doubt, have the MOST bandwagon fans. But, to not read someone's post because they are a Yankees fan, and then automatically accuse them of being a bandwagoner is one of the most childish things. But I wouldn't expect anything less from someone who can't even start a thread the correct way, can't actually use facts to back your points up, and just talk out of your azz to make a point, then completely disregard everyone else when they argue your point. And you show no respect.

But maybe when you turn 12 you will see what I am saying.

Yankees90.
10-19-2012, 08:37 PM
Yeah, the Yanks definitly have the most frontrunner fans, but for the most part, you guys are good. Especially yous guys on PSD.

One bad apple spoils the bunch, and in your case, it's the douchebag with the Yankees snapback who only knows how many championships they've won.

:nod:

I know what you mean, trust me I have friends like that. You know how funny it is when you're both Yankees fans, and you're sitting there arguing as if its a Sox/Yanks fan going at it? lol

I think what makes it really easy for me though, is the love I have for the Mets. As I have stated so many times, my Pops is a DIEHARD Mets fan. So growing up, I've watched plenty of there games, and I have attended quite a few Mets games as well. And yes, I'm so sorry Yanks fans, but when I attended Shea/City, I rocked a David Wright jersey :hide: They are also the only other team I can watch with as much interest in the ballgame. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a "fan" of the Mets, but they are like that little brother you know lol so it makes it easier to not spread hate or rub my team in someone elses face.

Lakers + Giants
10-19-2012, 08:41 PM
Please do switch to the Cards, im sure the real Giants fans dont want ya :facepalm:

Yea bro, cuz i was totally being serious. :facepalm:

OpenAvalin
10-19-2012, 08:42 PM
Yea bro, cuz i was totally being serious. :facepalm:

Well what was the point of being sarcastic? The op asked a serious normal question....

MetsFanatic19
10-19-2012, 08:44 PM

so weird.

He was definitly lying. CHRISDODGERS is just too scary to deal with.

Lakers + Giants
10-19-2012, 08:48 PM
Well what was the point of being sarcastic? The op asked a serious normal question....

I'm sorry. :(

RenegadeRiot36
10-19-2012, 08:49 PM
Not since i was like 9 and that was for basketball only. I started with the usual Bulls because of MJ growing up, went to Philly because of AI (favorite player of all time), and hopped on the LeBandwagon in 2003 when Larry Brown left and the Sixers sucked. Stuck with my Cavs ever since. Ive been a lifelong Yankees and Eagles fan though so that more than makes up for my childhood indecisiveness.

theslick1
10-19-2012, 08:50 PM
I grew up a Cardinals fan and they remain my favorite NL team. Went to college in New York and became a die hard Yanks fan (and this was before they started racking up championships in the 90s).

CHRISDODGERS
10-19-2012, 08:51 PM
He was definitly lying. CHRISDODGERS is just too scary to deal with.

that's what I'm saying. noone wants to mess with someone 5'9 150. hell nahhhhh

MetsFanatic19
10-19-2012, 08:55 PM

Isn't Stallone 5'9" 150?

CHRISDODGERS
10-19-2012, 08:57 PM
Isn't Stallone 5'9" 150?

no, but Chuck Norris definitely is.

WOwolfOL
10-19-2012, 11:33 PM
I'm a Cubs fan but I was a big Braves fan also in the early-90's. Always was a big Justice fan, I went bonkers when he hit that HR in the 95 WS, and then it tuned out to be the lone run scored, that was like validation for being such a big fan of him. I did the tomahawk chop when I was young, I watched every game for that little 4-5 year window.

In fact I followed him to Cleveland and was absolutely shocked when the Marlins beat them in 97. That Cleveland team was really easy to cheer for. My god did it have ridiculous talent.

JLynn943
10-19-2012, 11:53 PM
I haven't switched, but my dad just switched from liking the Mets to the Phillies after 40+ years :pity:

j/m_ets
10-19-2012, 11:59 PM
when i was a young boy, like 8 i was a yankee fan because i thought all the cool older guys are yankee fans. Being a yankee fan is a cool thing to do at that time (1997). Then i really started to become a REAL fan of baseball and became a mets fan. part of it because there games where easy and cheap to go too, but i just liked the mets more.

natepro
10-20-2012, 12:09 AM
This thread has the word "bro" in it way too many times.

UPRock
10-20-2012, 12:35 AM

Yeah sometimes is different, I don't live in the States and never been in SF, but I grew up watching Barry Bonds destroying the ball and the other guys and I'm a SFGiants fan, you know what I mean.

SFGIANTSFAN32
10-20-2012, 12:54 AM
Hey! Soccer's great!

I wish America embraced it like the other major sports.

ehh to each his own, I played 1 year many years ago when i was 9. I was decent(i guess i was, made the all stars lol) but it wasnt for me. If im going to run that much i want more contact and more physical like Football. Baseball and football was/is my thing.

utl768
10-20-2012, 12:57 AM
never

mets all the way regardless of performance

SFGIANTSFAN32
10-20-2012, 12:57 AM

Nah i was just messing with ya bro :D I hear ya though I could never switch teams. My 9ers were terrible for years until last year and same with the SF Giants until like 2008 or so they got better. I gotta say its a great time to be a SF sports fan :clap:

SFGIANTSFAN32
10-20-2012, 01:06 AM

Are you 13 ?? Thats about what I was when i was 13 :D

SFGIANTSFAN32
10-20-2012, 01:10 AM
I haven't switched, but my dad just switched from liking the Mets to the Phillies after 40+ years :pity:

You should give him crap for that. Thats one of their main rivals. Thats like me becoming a ...................a..............a.............. ugggghh Dodger fan, thats hard to even write. I had to wear a dodger hat in 6th grade little league years ago, but I think i trashed it at after that.

SFGIANTSFAN32
10-20-2012, 01:12 AM
This thread has the word "bro" in it way too many times.

dang sis you are right

giants73756
10-20-2012, 01:23 AM
I was actually a Cardinals fan when I was like ages 5-6. But that was mainly because I hated the Dodgers and it seemed like they always beat the Dodgers. Also, I thought Mark McGuire was really awesome.

But not awesome enough to spell his name correctly.

waveycrockett
10-20-2012, 01:24 AM
I used to be a Yankee fan now a Mets fan lol

Rush
10-20-2012, 01:27 AM
I used to be a Yankee fan now a Mets fan lol

My condolences.

ciaban
10-20-2012, 01:34 AM
Wouldn't ever think of it.

Besides i have a Met's tattoo on my arm as part of a sleeve.

Would be hard to switch teams now!

i imagine that the wilpons make you wish you weren't a mets fan.

waveycrockett
10-20-2012, 01:38 AM
My condolences.

Yep looking back that was a real fml moment

lol, please
10-20-2012, 01:49 AM
Nope. Always been a Giants fan and will always be one.

Hell ****ing no.

One does not simply, change teams.
Agreed.

[/B]

Agreed. I can't stand them.

:rolleyes:

:D

Rndy
10-20-2012, 01:55 AM
Nope I find it weird. If you're going from your team to a team that always wins it's just kind of lame. I just don't like fair weather fans.

Hell I didn't even watch a single Blackhawks playoff game when they won the Cup because I was never a fan of NHL.

DodgerB24
10-20-2012, 02:46 AM
Nope. Here for the long haul. (I survived the McCourt's!)

dtmagnet
10-20-2012, 03:26 AM
No, I'm not ****ing lame

lol love it.

CHRISDODGERS
10-20-2012, 06:02 AM
Are you 13 ?? Thats about what I was when i was 13 :D

I'm 20. and?

FortDetroit
10-20-2012, 07:07 AM
no, i will always be a tigers fan. if i end up moving to another area down the road i could see myself "following" whatever the local team is but i could never truly be a fan of another team. tigers are 1A, 1B, and 1C and always will be.

Lions, Tigers, and Red Wings no matter what. Not really a basketball fan, but I guess i'm a Pistons fan....although I really don't give a **** if they are good or not honestly.

tmacsc2
10-20-2012, 07:24 AM
When i watched football when i was 5 i was a broncos fan then from 6-8ish i was more a jags fan cause i liked their colors and mascot, From then on im a broncos fan till i die! I never really switched teams, i just added a team that i liked a lot cause i would still cheer for the broncos when they faced the jags

Benaforce
10-20-2012, 07:42 AM
I grew up a Houston Oiler fan and when the *** of an owner Bud Adams packed up and left for Tennessee I refused support him. I am a Texan fan. However, I do wish Houston could have retained the rights to the "Oiler" name and all related history.

Halladay
10-20-2012, 07:47 AM

Oh. Baseball.

Seinfeld reference? Ive gained a new found respect. If not...boo this man

HowFit
10-20-2012, 08:26 AM
No way!

Leandres_sf
10-20-2012, 12:45 PM
Nope, never switched teams. Giants, Niners, Warriors, Sharks diehard.

SINCESTARBURY25
10-20-2012, 12:57 PM
Always been a Braves fan. Grew up in Georgia and my dad is a huge braves fan. Loved watching Chipper and Smoltz.

gilly
10-20-2012, 01:01 PM
I did, kinda... the first team I ever really took notice of was the Phillies. But that was complete front-running as the first game I ever really watched was a World Series game in 2008 while I was on holiday in NY.

However, the more and more I watched and understood baseball, I decided to actively research which team fit, and the Dodgers had loads of history (the main reason) and cool players (Kemp and Kershaw). Therefore I picked them. Can't see myself every changing either.

netsgiantsyanks
10-20-2012, 01:18 PM
nope never.

LongWayFromHome
10-20-2012, 03:12 PM
I wish I could stop being a cubs fan. Of course I haven't watched/listened to a game in over 3 years.

todu82
10-21-2012, 01:01 PM
I bounced from team to team but I remember watching Game 7 of the ALCS in 2003 and was heartbroken for the Red Sox when they lost. Been a fan of theirs ever since.

waveycrockett
10-21-2012, 01:11 PM
I wish I could stop being a cubs fan. Of course I haven't watched/listened to a game in over 3 years.

I wish I could do that.

thefeckcampaign
10-21-2012, 04:26 PM
Switched teams? No. Had a team fade away as I grew up? Yes.

I will always be a Phillies fan as that is where I grew up. I was an Angels fan in the 80's but that faded away. The Royals sort of faded away, but I will always love them as half of my family is from KC.

Guppyfighter
10-21-2012, 06:03 PM
The biggest one I saw was Mariners to the Indians.

moshy2
10-21-2012, 06:17 PM
I had someone tell me once that it was ok to switch teams as long as you declare it before the season starts. I just shook my head and walked away. I could never be a fan of any other teams. It's weird that I am a Duke basketball fan given where I live, but I've stuck by them for over a decade, this isn't something recent

jej
10-21-2012, 06:25 PM
The biggest one I saw was Mariners to the Indians.

Hahaha OTS!

jej
10-21-2012, 06:27 PM
I did, kinda... the first team I ever really took notice of was the Phillies. But that was complete front-running as the first game I ever really watched was a World Series game in 2008 while I was on holiday in NY.

However, the more and more I watched and understood baseball, I decided to actively research which team fit, and the Dodgers had loads of history (the main reason) and cool players (Kemp and Kershaw). Therefore I picked them. Can't see myself every changing either.

Where did you get the random assortment of teams? Does your hometown not have a team?

BuddhaMONK
10-21-2012, 06:32 PM
yup but only cause they moved....Expos to Bluejays

Fly
10-21-2012, 06:37 PM
Where did you get the random assortment of teams? Does your hometown not have a team?

gilly's english

Public Enemy #1
10-21-2012, 06:40 PM
Always been a Giants, Warriors, Niners fan. Didn't start taking sports seriously till I was 13 though. Got into NBA big time when I was 13 and became a huge Lebron fan, still am to this day but I hardly ever watch games that aren't GSW games, seems kinda pointless unless they are playoffs/Finals games.

Became a hardcore Giants fan in 2008. Just started watching the season from Day 1 and got really into it and probably watched 150+ games. From there, basically watched every game every year.

Niners were also around 07-08. Just got into football and started following them. My bro is a huge Raiders fan so it's always fun getting into heated exchanges about records and seasons.

Kinda weird cause I started following when the Niners were absolutely garbage and Giants were mediocre. Started following the Warriors right when they traded for Stephen Jackson and Al Harrington, knew they would be good after that and sure enough did the whole "We Believe" thing and upset the Mavs in the first round. Watch all their games too, but the Dubs have so much bad luck... Maybe this year... lol

fishfan79
10-21-2012, 06:43 PM
grew up and yankees fan, but added the marlins too when they came into existence. But, I never stopped loving the Yankee, I just watch both now.

masTOR_shake1
10-21-2012, 07:10 PM
no, unfortunetly. it's nice when loyalty is rewarded, i love but also hate the jays more than any other team. our ownership is ****.

dodgersuck
10-21-2012, 07:17 PM
When I was really little I used to watch the A's or the Giants but after my first Giants game I became exclusively a Giants fan

jlohm1
10-21-2012, 07:48 PM
Never have. don't see why I ever would

GasMan
10-21-2012, 07:53 PM
I hated Cecil Fielder, especially when he was making $9 million to be a below average player in 95-96. I adopted the Braves for those two years who I could watch on TV more often than the Tigers thanks to TBS. When Cecil became a Yankee I ended my self-imposed hiatus.

Jeffy25
10-21-2012, 08:03 PM
Cards first and fore-most always.

Regardless of how they do.

But I do root on the Rays and Royals as well.

ATL#22
10-21-2012, 08:38 PM
No bro, I haven't

thefeckcampaign
10-22-2012, 09:10 AM
I have a friend who has favorite players and switches teams depending on where they play. Shaq is one I can think of off the top of my head.

Faabs89
10-22-2012, 09:26 AM
Always have been and will be a Bills fan, but hopped on the Texans when they came into the league in 2002. Loved the battle red. Everyone chirped me when I started cause I went to one **** team to another but Texans are paying dividends now :)

Pinstripe pride
10-22-2012, 10:00 AM
switched no, but i did add the ravens when i moved to baltimore because we had seaosn tickets

burgh_fan66
10-22-2012, 09:12 PM
If I haven't switched by now I think it's safe to say I'm not switching. I'm a Pirates fan for life and I can't even stop if I try so ....

stupidmop
10-22-2012, 10:27 PM
I've always been a Giants fan. I don't think I would ever stop being a Giants fan, but if I moved somewhere else I might start rooting for the local team in addition to the Giants (unless I moved to LA, obviously).

theproof
10-22-2012, 10:59 PM
Hell no. Never have, never will no matter the circumstances. That's just me though.

seikou8
10-23-2012, 12:30 AM
yankees fan for life forever
giants
yankees
knicks for life

Krush
10-23-2012, 02:55 AM
I'm born and raised in LA; therefore, there is no way I could ever change my team. A true fan sticks with his team through the good and the bad times.

Rush
10-23-2012, 02:57 AM
I think I may change teams...

Leandres_sf
10-23-2012, 03:02 AM

I would if I were you, your team sucks :D

Pinstripe pride
10-23-2012, 09:01 AM
If I haven't switched by now I think it's safe to say I'm not switching. I'm a Pirates fan for life and I can't even stop if I try so ....

you sir, are a true fan and don't let anyone tell you differently

Pinstripe pride
10-23-2012, 09:02 AM

what would the term be for a reverse bandwagon fan?

Black Betsy
10-23-2012, 05:21 PM
No the only sport I switch teams was basketball because Allen Iverson got traded, now I just hate watching basketball. I like playing it but I hate the NBA period.

DR_1
10-23-2012, 05:23 PM
Cubbies for life!

AsfanSince99
10-23-2012, 08:20 PM

Was a Mets fan as a kid, but then family moved to San Francisco and I became an A's fan.

xxplayerxx23
10-23-2012, 08:46 PM
yankees fan for life forever
giants
yankees
knicks for life

:speechless: Did you read my plax in my room??

Rush
10-23-2012, 09:01 PM
Was a Mets fan as a kid, but then family moved to San Francisco and I became an A's fan.

You moved to San Francisco, but you didn't become a Giants fan? How'd that happen?

stipe1280
10-23-2012, 09:12 PM
Lifelong Rangers fan here, but if we resign Josh Hamilton, my loyalty is going elsewhere.

RevHokALugie
10-23-2012, 09:46 PM
Hate to admit it but was once a Cards fan a long time ago (My dad was cards fan since the Braves didn't exist back in the 60's. So he was a lifelong fan of them.). However I grew to love the Braves. Guess it was late 80's when I became one. Its easy to love the team that's close to you and that's what happened, braves were here. Till the day I die, tomahawk chop. />/>/>

AsfanSince99
10-24-2012, 12:43 PM
You moved to San Francisco, but you didn't become a Giants fan? How'd that happen?

I'm always stunned by these comments and reactions... esp when I'm wearing my A's gear throughout SF.

You do realize there are Giants fans who live in Oakland? ..and vice versa.

For me, I was invited to numerous A's tailgate parties, then just latched on to the team from there. It's been fun being an A's fan, nothing beats an A's tailgate party.