PDA

View Full Version : Hiroki Kuroda

Agar629
10-19-2012, 01:27 AM
It's no secret that one of our top priorities this offseason is startling pitching. Names like Greinke, Peavy, and Marcum are being thrown around, but I've yet to really hear anything about one of the best pitchers on the market, Kuroda. He had a solid season, and an even better post season. I know he's getting up there in age, but I think he still has another season or two left in him. Thoughts on brining him back on a one or two year deal?

LASportsFan1996
10-19-2012, 01:44 AM
Of course I'd want him back, but who knows if he even comes back to MLB, he might go back to Japan, but if he still wants to pitch in MLB, the Dodgers would be high on his list, I know for sure he loves LA... Kershaw Kuroda Beckett Bills? Harang/Capuano/Lilly

mikekhelxD
10-19-2012, 01:49 AM
I have no problem taking a chance with him again. He is personally one of my fave pitchers watching when he was with us.

Blue french
10-19-2012, 07:58 AM
Nomo,Kuroda, Saito, even Ishii, I like japaneese pitchers. He is Mr consistancy buT getting old. Colletti was wise to sign Capuano and Harang for the. Same price . Now if he can come back foa a year: Great ! More ? No way

Krush
10-19-2012, 01:47 PM
Kuroda would be perfect for us because he most likely would only be interested in a 1-year deal, he loves LA, and we can afford him now, but the Yankees probably want him back as well.

DodgerBlue8188
10-19-2012, 11:20 PM
Kuroda is probably the only free agent pitcher we could grab on a 1 year deal. That would be perfect for us since guys like Lee, Reed and co. are still young.

bluedawgalex
10-20-2012, 12:55 AM
rather have him than harang/lilly/cap

i dont think ever he had an injury other than an oblique strain or something of the sort

Sleeper
10-20-2012, 06:57 PM

i dont think ever he had an injury other than an oblique strain or something of the sort

Just nit-picking, but he did miss some time when he got smacked in the head on the line-drive back to the mound. 2009 was kind of injury filled. Other than that, he stayed relatively healthy.

GibbyIsMyHero
10-20-2012, 07:53 PM

Just nit-picking, but he did miss some time when he got smacked in the head on the line-drive back to the mound. 2009 was kind of injury filled. Other than that, he stayed relatively healthy.

Well... In fairness, that's not a conditioning injury, it was a freak accident. The point of that post was that he's healthy and durable, not that he has a super-ability to defy the laws of physics.

DodgerBlue22
10-20-2012, 10:26 PM
should of never let him go!! I'll take him over Cap/Lilly/Harang anyday..I would go to town with Kershaw Beckett Kuroda Billz and a new SP..I think we are stuck with Cap and Harang tho especially with Billz injury so Im guessing we only bring one SP in..I'd fully expect a deadline deal tho once Cap/Harang keep showing their true colors. Lilly isn't even a factor I think he's probably finished or at least I hope so he blows the most of them all

Sleeper
10-21-2012, 12:54 AM
Well... In fairness, that's not a conditioning injury, it was a freak accident. The point of that post was that he's healthy and durable, not that he has a super-ability to defy the laws of physics.

An injury is an injury.

Edit: I did say I was nit-picking...

Derek Brink
10-21-2012, 01:08 AM
If we can not sign Greinke I would love for us to make a run at Kuroda.

He pitched very well this year and probably wouldn't require a long term deal. 2 years 20 million would probably get it done.

Scully in 2012
10-21-2012, 11:00 AM
I'd love to see Kuroda back! I wouldn't mind taking a run a Grienke or Haren too. Haren will likely wait until Grienke signs to drive his price up - it will be far cheaper than Grienke though.

DodgerBlue8188
10-22-2012, 11:15 AM
Kuroda seems like an awesome answer. He won't demand a long term contract.

old blue
10-23-2012, 09:26 PM
I could live with that and maybe help us land the young stud from Japan

Bleedinblueball
10-24-2012, 06:09 PM
koruda had pretty much the same year he always had he would be great for the rotation and like old blue said he might help sign the kid from japan seeing koruda is a hero over there. I still hope lilly comes back he was on a roll last year and could still be ready for spring ...... Oh and we are paying him no matter what soooo?