PDA

View Full Version : who might might burn Heat ?"

pacersfan1967
10-18-2012, 09:44 PM
Oklahoma city thunder, Los Angeles lakers, chicago bulls..Boston celtics ,San antonio spurs, Los Angeles clippers, INDIANA PACERS, dallas mavericks..

xxplayerxx23
10-18-2012, 09:45 PM
Did he say the Pacers, bulls and Mavs :eyebrow:

Guppyfighter
10-18-2012, 09:46 PM
Teams with big men who can exploit the Heat's bad front court.

Pacers, Lakers, Celtics, Thunder. Maybe Sixers match up wise, depending on Bynum and Jrue's development.

Azzacadabra
10-18-2012, 09:52 PM
Who might might burn heat XD.

xxplayerxx23
10-18-2012, 09:53 PM
Still not over the Mavs being named lol

pacersfan1967
10-18-2012, 09:53 PM
Did he say the Pacers, bulls and Mavs :eyebrow:yes I'm not the only one who agrea's get a usa today sports special section nba preview...

C-Style
10-18-2012, 09:54 PM
Lakers have the best shot, Celtis 2nd and Thunder 3rd

xxplayerxx23
10-18-2012, 09:55 PM
yes I'm not the only one who agrea's get a usa today sports special section nba preview...

All hail USA TODAY SPORTS SPECIAL SECTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mavs will be lucky to be a playoff team sorry. Not a big indy fan, don't see anybody but maybe the Celtics giving the heat a run for there money out east.

Dankster
10-18-2012, 09:59 PM
Lakers. They have the size to make things interesting in that matchup. Miami won't see too many open lanes with Dwight and Pau patrolling the paint.

bucketss
10-18-2012, 10:04 PM
i like how he put the pacers in capitals:)

PC
10-18-2012, 10:15 PM
I see what you did there

JROX213*323*310
10-18-2012, 10:16 PM
The Pacers controlled part of that series with the heat before their lack of experience gave that series away. It's definitely not out of the realm that they can beat the heat.

Lakers have the best shot of course.

pacersfan1967
10-18-2012, 10:22 PM
dallas mavericks I would say there dark horses. but are capable of getting on a roll.,..Indiana pacers We have all starter back got some playoff experience are bench got better. roy hibbert might be the best 7 footer in the east.....Los angeles clippers.got new player problem is There always hurting .But they have several experienced player now they signed. san antonio spurs they 've posted west best record the last two years but they haven't had much of a crack at heat ..they have a deep bench....Boston celtics there younger this season signed some player new player with experience in playoffs.. chicago bulls 1 thing derick rose.......Los angels lakers ...The heat can't guard dwight howard ..The lakers added the only player in the league the heat cant match up against properly. Oklahoma city thunder there young gained alot of experience durant & russell westbrook They lost immature mistakes lacking aggessiveness ,bad calls & sporadic shooting...

49erGiantLaker
10-18-2012, 10:35 PM
Lakers and OKC.

Y2JOrdan
10-18-2012, 10:38 PM
Lakers, celtics, spurs and thunder.

kswissdaf
10-18-2012, 10:44 PM
strong title is strong/10

InRoseWeTrust
10-18-2012, 11:38 PM
Lakers...Thunder....maybe the Celtics? If Rose were to somehow be at 90-95% come playoffs, I could see the Bulls giving Miami fits if the team gels in time with him back in the lineup. That's a huge if though.

dnewguy
10-19-2012, 12:32 AM
Lakers...Thunder....maybe the Celtics? If Rose were to somehow be at 90-95% come playoffs, I could see the Bulls giving Miami fits if the team gels in time with him back in the lineup. That's a huge if though.

When Rose was 100 percent with a better team, the Bulls didnt win more than 1 game.

InRoseWeTrust
10-19-2012, 12:41 AM
When Rose was 100 percent with a better team, the Bulls didnt win more than 1 game.

Rose was nowhere near 100% that series and it was the team's first season in Thibs's system. Young teams traditionally have to lose in the playoffs and have their hearts broken before finding team success.

Moreover, the games weren't blowouts. It was generally a pretty close series. It's also the reason why I said "maybe" the Bulls.

Dade County
10-19-2012, 12:49 AM
I don't think that the higher ups are going to give Lbj those orders again, sooooo.... Maybe no one.

OKC, Clippers, or the Lakers can play the HEAT tough, but Wade should get his 3rd ring and maybe another finals MVP; but it's a long season and the script writers might make some revisions.

Remember people NBA = Entertainment

TheLegend
10-19-2012, 01:09 AM
Rose was nowhere near 100% that series and it was the team's first season in Thibs's system. Young teams traditionally have to lose in the playoffs and have their hearts broken before finding team success.

Moreover, the games weren't blowouts. It was generally a pretty close series. It's also the reason why I said "maybe" the Bulls.

This is an excuse. The Bulls won 62 games that year so I don't want to hear any crap about their first time in Thibs system. Miami was simply the better team.

Guppyfighter
10-19-2012, 01:11 AM
He's right about the close games. Close games have a lot of random variation.

TheLegend
10-19-2012, 01:13 AM
I don't think that the higher ups are going to give Lbj those orders again, sooooo.... Maybe no one.

OKC, Clippers, or the Lakers can play the HEAT tough, but Wade should get his 3rd ring and maybe another finals MVP; but it's a long season and the script writers might make some revisions.

Remember people NBA = Entertainment

The Lakers can do a lot more than just play the heat 'tough', they can beat them and will like win the title.

tht_one_guy
10-19-2012, 06:21 AM
The Lakers can do a lot more than just play the heat 'tough', they can beat them and will like win the title.

gotta beat the thunder first but yea the lakers got a shot they will be strong where miami is weak, thunder got a good shot, boston i thought they would of beat the heat if Ray Allen would of showed up for the series, o yea and the heat have the best shot of beating the heat for some strange reason i could see this team going self destruct next year when things start going wrong

InRoseWeTrust
10-19-2012, 09:20 AM
This is an excuse. The Bulls won 62 games that year so I don't want to hear any crap about their first time in Thibs system. Miami was simply the better team.

Yeah, Miami was the better team. I'm in no way denying that. It doesn't mean that a healthy Bulls team with a healthy Rose couldn't beat the Heat in a 7 game series at the end of 2012 (with the conditions I described in my last post). I would think the chances are fairly low, but my only point was it could happen.

And I have to reject the premise that it's an excuse, especially regarding Rose's health. He was beat to **** by the time he got to that series.

LongIslandIcedZ
10-19-2012, 10:08 AM
Lakers
Thunder

Celtics

Munkeysuit
10-19-2012, 10:27 AM
The real season starts in April and ends in June, so go ahead and toss your 2 cents into the wishing well chumps, while we feed off the hate, eat your teams alive and spit out whatever is left of them on our way to the most gruesome bloodbath the NBA has ever witnessed.

meloman1592
10-19-2012, 10:34 AM
Clippers

theheatles
10-19-2012, 10:39 AM
Teams with big men who can exploit the Heat's bad front court.

Pacers, Lakers, Celtics, Thunder. Maybe Sixers match up wise, depending on Bynum and Jrue's development.

Celtics can't expose anything on the Heat, LeBron and Bosh have too much manhood for KG to handle at this point in his career. Especially now that we'll have a full 82 game season for a much longer grind unlike last year when he was getting ample rest throughout last season. It was a difficult grind for everyday players but was just a shortened easier go-round for KG. His playoff success was an aberration because of how rested he was compared to others and not having to deal with Bosh for most of the Heat series.

QueensG_718
10-19-2012, 10:39 AM
Knicks...close thread

bucketss
10-19-2012, 10:42 AM
Yeah, Miami was the better team. I'm in no way denying that. It doesn't mean that a healthy Bulls team with a healthy Rose couldn't beat the Heat in a 7 game series at the end of 2012 (with the conditions I described in my last post). I would think the chances are fairly low, but my only point was it could happen.

And I have to reject the premise that it's an excuse, especially regarding Rose's health. He was beat to **** by the time he got to that series.

so was wade, and dampier,ilgauskas and james jones were all out that series with injuries.

TheLegend
10-19-2012, 10:46 AM
gotta beat the thunder first but yea the lakers got a shot they will be strong where miami is weak, thunder got a good shot, boston i thought they would of beat the heat if Ray Allen would of showed up for the series, o yea and the heat have the best shot of beating the heat for some strange reason i could see this team going self destruct next year when things start going wrong

They won't self destruct. They won the title. They have that swagger now, and they have the confidence. Teams that self destruct are teams that know they can win but don't know how. The Heat know how to win now.

sammyvine
10-19-2012, 10:49 AM
Lakers

TheLegend
10-19-2012, 10:51 AM

Look, keep your B.S. garbage excuses to yourself. That's a kid fans mentality. I know better. I don't want to hear that crap about Rose was beat-up by the time the ECF. A lot of player's are beat-up at that period. That's why only the strong survive. The Heat was the better team and that's why they won, period. The Heat simply had the pieces to exploit the Bulls and I still don't think the Bulls have the personnel to get it done. The Heat have 2 superstars(with one being the best in the world), and 1 star. We have one superstar. Go do the math.

theheatles
10-19-2012, 10:56 AM
The only 3 teams I think that have a chance against the Heat this year are the Lakers, Thunder and Clippers but they'll have to go through each other to get to the Heat.

Knicks, Sixers and Pacers can all probably take the Heat to 6 assuming everyone on both teams are healthy. I just see the Heat cruising through the East.

jbelmar4
10-19-2012, 10:57 PM
Thunder,Lakers,Pacers(maybe),Sixers and Spurs

jbelmar4
10-19-2012, 10:58 PM
I'm forgetting teams but they're alot of teams that are capable of beating the heat.

tht_one_guy
10-20-2012, 05:01 AM
They won't self destruct. They won the title. They have that swagger now, and they have the confidence. Teams that self destruct are teams that know they can win but don't know how. The Heat know how to win now.

tht is y i think Miami could self destruct too much of tht swag after winning the title now everybody is expecting repeat i hope they dont self destruct cause i dont want to hear any complaints of y the thunder beat them in the finals this season but i just got this strange feeling tht something bad is going to happen to the Heat team this year i am not sure y

12evolution 9
10-20-2012, 05:20 AM
Lakers. They have the size to make things interesting in that matchup. Miami won't see too many open lanes with Dwight and Pau patrolling the paint.

i see alot of comments about how heat is gonna have problems with size....

ummm dwight was in Orl and he didnt really bother the HEat that much... he is expected to get 20-10....

lebron and wade are going to roll through those lanes and if dwight and paul are there... That means they left some one open to be there.... that means wade or lebron is going to get an assist to the stat sheet... Bosh is making three's , then if HEAT go small with Battier they got pure shooters on the court.... Ya bring your size it hasnt bothered the heat for the last 2 years ...

just play out a scenario with bron bron going to the hoop... Dwight ofcoarse is gonna want to block his ****, problem is lebron passes and so does wade so miami might be living and dieing by the three, but atleast there wide open threes...

Welcome to KAboom City, its gonna be a blast watching this...

Clippersfan86
10-20-2012, 05:20 AM
The only 3 teams I think that have a chance against the Heat this year are the Lakers, Thunder and Clippers but they'll have to go through each other to get to the Heat.

Knicks, Sixers and Pacers can all probably take the Heat to 6 assuming everyone on both teams are healthy. I just see the Heat cruising through the East.

I agree that those 3 teams match up best with Heat. As you said though these same teams need to beat each other up and deal with Spurs, Grizzlies, Nuggets etc in earlier rounds before they even have a shot. Miami's path should be less cutthroat than the top seeds in the west.

Clippersfan86
10-20-2012, 05:21 AM
I'm forgetting teams but they're alot of teams that are capable of beating the heat.

"A lot" of teams yet none did last year. Seems off no?

jmartin80
10-20-2012, 06:13 AM
Maybe the Lakers and maybe the Thunder.

That's about it.

Bulls_fan90
10-20-2012, 06:22 AM
Not the Knicks, that's for sure.

faze38
10-20-2012, 07:23 AM
Nets I am not a net fan but Wallace has always given Lebron fits. I mean some people have to remember when the Bobcats could beat the Cavs. I mean those teams just match up well. It will be a fun series.

SteBO
10-20-2012, 01:20 PM
Nets I am not a net fan but Wallace has always given Lebron fits. I mean some people have to remember when the Bobcats could beat the Cavs. I mean those teams just match up well. It will be a fun series.
Easier to defend one guy when you don't have anyone else on the opposition that requires a double team.

Besides, Crash has been average defensively the last couple years.....

Iron24th
10-20-2012, 01:23 PM
Lakers, okc, celts

KB-Pau-DH2012
10-20-2012, 01:49 PM
The 3 teams that are well equipped to be the Heat are in this order:

1) Celtics

2) Lakers

3) Bulls (never doubt Thib's team defense in a 7 game series, he's one of the main guys responsible for helping the Celtics establish their elite defense since 2007.)

OKC is still soft as hell, they're a finesse and jumpshooting team, and Miami's defense will bury them just like last yr in the finals.

Im_in_Mia_bish
10-20-2012, 01:51 PM
How can you burn heat?

topdog
10-20-2012, 02:13 PM
i see alot of comments about how heat is gonna have problems with size....

ummm dwight was in Orl and he didnt really bother the HEat that much... he is expected to get 20-10....

lebron and wade are going to roll through those lanes and if dwight and paul are there... That means they left some one open to be there.... that means wade or lebron is going to get an assist to the stat sheet... Bosh is making three's , then if HEAT go small with Battier they got pure shooters on the court.... Ya bring your size it hasnt bothered the heat for the last 2 years ...

just play out a scenario with bron bron going to the hoop... Dwight ofcoarse is gonna want to block his ****, problem is lebron passes and so does wade so miami might be living and dieing by the three, but atleast there wide open threes...

Welcome to KAboom City, its gonna be a blast watching this...

There is only one "L" in Pau Gasol.

Also, there are various defensive schemes such as zone defenses which could allow a team like the Lakers to both cover an attack at the rim and 3pt shooters.