PDA

View Full Version : How does LeBrons game change after winning a title?

P Harvy
10-18-2012, 03:11 PM
We've all heard the phrase "the monkey is off his back".. It may be cliche but this obviously holds true here.

How does his game change?

Are we going to see the scariest LeBron we have ever seen or does he take a step back from his unreal 2012 campaign? That's definitely hard to duplicate.

Ebbs
10-18-2012, 03:13 PM
I think he should play how he played last year. He found his recipe for success and he needs to stick with it. I don't think the monkey is off his back because I believe he wants to be in the legitimate GOAT discussion.

xxplayerxx23
10-18-2012, 03:14 PM
IMO it doesn't. The load that was on his shoulder is thrown off. He can finally breathe. I think he will be the same Lebron we saw last year.

Hawkeye15
10-18-2012, 03:22 PM
LeBron was obviously a guy who struggled with all the negative attention, so I would expect him to be more relaxed this year. Not sure if that is good or bad, that has yet to be determined.

b_russ
10-18-2012, 03:29 PM
He's still got some more monkeys, not 2...not 3...not 4...not 5...not 6...not 7... okay I'm sorry I had to. I'm intrigued to see how he does.

heyman321
10-18-2012, 03:30 PM
He will be even better cause he has personal confirmation that he is indeed the best player. I'd expect him to win at least 3 more championships. Last year was a real confidence booster.

el hidalgo
10-18-2012, 03:33 PM
better question. how will the sky hook affect his game?

LongIslandIcedZ
10-18-2012, 03:34 PM
I dont know if the monkey is off his back for good.

He won and played incredible and temporarily got the media off his ***. They have to continue winning and probably win at the very least, another championship. If he ever starts reverting back to the "cant close big games" moniker, the media will be right there to tear him down.

Keep dominating and keep winning rings, the guy was hyped to be an all time great, gotta just keep winning.

Kinda reminds me of A-Rod. Killed it in 09', won the Championship, media got off his back, now look.

GunFactor187
10-18-2012, 03:37 PM
I think we've yet to see LeBron in his true form, I don't think he's even hit his prime yet either, he'll be a supermonster in a couple more years IMO.

DerekRE_3
10-18-2012, 03:43 PM
Now that he has a ring he will now have the shot of a champion. The heart of a champion. The passing of a champion. The list goes on.

justinnum1
10-18-2012, 03:46 PM
KNows what it takes, knows what he has to do, knows what his team needs of him, knows what not to do(long jumpers),

He will play near the basket a lot more and pass out of the post to open shooters.

Defenses have the choice of trying to single cover lebron in the post or double him and leave a shooter open.

asandhu23
10-18-2012, 03:49 PM
he will start porking out and eventually get himself forced out of nba.

P Harvy
10-18-2012, 03:52 PM
When I said he got the monkey off of his back I obviously meant for that first championship. There is no doubt that there is still pressure for him to win multiple championships but I think it will be very interesting to see how he comes out and plays after one of the most decorated seasons in NBA/basketball history with the Olympics and all as well.

JordansBulls
10-18-2012, 04:02 PM
That the Heat have added even more help this season even if Wade or Bosh were to miss a few games they still got guys like Ray Allen and Rashard Lewis to replace them and still be a top notch team. So in that sense he won't have to do as much. I would expect him to average no more than 36 mpg this season.

Ebbs
10-18-2012, 04:15 PM
Now that he has a ring he will now have the shot of a champion. The heart of a champion. The passing of a champion. The list goes on.

Have you ever posted without sarcasm?

Im_in_Mia_bish
10-18-2012, 04:15 PM
omg, stop... :drool:

DerekRE_3
10-18-2012, 04:42 PM
Have you ever posted without sarcasm?

I try not to.