PDA

View Full Version : Are the Tigers being disrespected by the media and the Yankees?

fadedmario
10-18-2012, 01:11 PM
All you here about is A-Rod. Even trade rumors leaked during the playoffs. Tigers pitching is breaking records, but it's being ignored. Media is a joke.

Zander 77
10-18-2012, 01:17 PM
I want to say yes, especially as a Tigers fan. But the problem is even deeper than that. The problem is how little attention the playoffs are getting PERIOD. You wouldn't even know the playoffs were going on if all you were watching was ESPN.

But it does seem that of all the teams in the playoffs, all along, Detroit has gotten the least amount of coverage/exposure.

NYNJ30
10-18-2012, 01:29 PM
I don't see how you can say they're being disrespected by the Yankees, but the media...probably.

rocket
10-18-2012, 01:44 PM
Yeah it's pretty garbage. The media is ****ing dumb

Ares
10-18-2012, 01:53 PM
It's always been this way when the better team loses the series.

Algmuskrats
10-18-2012, 01:54 PM
There not getting so much "disrespected", but more overlooked by the media. It happens when you vs a team from New York.

VRP723
10-18-2012, 01:55 PM
Who cares? Your team is about to win the American League Pennant, stop whining.

Pinstripe pride
10-18-2012, 01:57 PM
how is it the yankees disrespecting them? they dont control who the emdia covers

Rivera
10-18-2012, 01:57 PM

This I guess this isn't enough and they want the national media on their nuts as well

ciaban
10-18-2012, 01:58 PM
I want to say yes, especially as a Tigers fan. But the problem is even deeper than that. The problem is how little attention the playoffs are getting PERIOD. You wouldn't even know the playoffs were going on if all you were watching was ESPN.

But it does seem that of all the teams in the playoffs, all along, Detroit has gotten the least amount of coverage/exposure.
in fairness you guys were playing Oakland in the first round, they aren't exactly a team that people watch.

this!

rocket
10-18-2012, 02:05 PM

:cry:

LongIslandIcedZ
10-18-2012, 02:07 PM
Disrespected by the Yankees?

You think the Yankees want all this? Of course not.

People care more about the Yankees than the Tigers, thats why they get the headlines. Is it fair, no. It's just how it works

2009mvp
10-18-2012, 02:11 PM
No, the Yankees are simply the far more interesting story. Amazing how much whining there is on this board about "respect" for a team with the 7th best record in the American League.

fadedmario
10-18-2012, 02:16 PM
Regular season means everything.... Sure is working out well for the Yankees.

hugepatsfan
10-18-2012, 02:16 PM
:cry: people aren't nice enough to my team :cry:

fadedmario
10-18-2012, 02:17 PM
Only on PSD..

rocket
10-18-2012, 02:19 PM
No, the Yankees are simply the far more interesting story. Amazing how much whining there is on this board about "respect" for a team with the 7th best record in the American League.

:laugh:

What kind of stupid and pointless comment is that

fadedmario
10-18-2012, 02:19 PM

:rolleyes: Better team? You guys are getting embarrassed by the better team.

getfoul
10-18-2012, 02:20 PM

What kind of stupid and pointless comment is that

Factual?

2009mvp
10-18-2012, 02:22 PM
Stupidly factual? :shrug:

sexicano31
10-18-2012, 02:24 PM
It seems like the tigers fan on PSD have some sort of inferiority/Napoleon complex or little brother syndrome

hugepatsfan
10-18-2012, 02:26 PM
It seems like the tigers fan on PSD have some sort of inferiority/Napoleon complex or little brother syndrome

I could add a few fan bases to that.

NYYCowboys
10-18-2012, 02:27 PM
Regular season means everything.... Sure is working out well for the Yankees.

You won't be singing that tune when we come back and beat you.

HotMayo
10-18-2012, 02:28 PM
Tigers are best team in baseball. They were the best team since April. AND THEY ARE DOING THIS WITHOUT V-MART. Yankees never stood a chance. NO TEAM IN BASEBALL EVER STOOD A CHANCE.

sexicano31
10-18-2012, 02:29 PM
I could add a few fan bases to that.

I don't seem to see crying like this coming from other fan bases

sexicano31
10-18-2012, 02:30 PM
Tigers are best team in baseball. They were the best team since April. AND THEY ARE DOING THIS WITHOUT V-MART. Yankees never stood a chance. NO TEAM IN BASEBALL EVER STOOD A CHANCE.

Didn't they have the 7th best record in the AL?

HotMayo
10-18-2012, 02:30 PM

What you talking bout willis?

Chitown Cubs Fan in the House stinkn up tigers thread. :clap:

Zander 77
10-18-2012, 02:31 PM
Ok, let's look beyond our particular teams just for a second.

Do you all think, as fans of BASEBALL, that the Yanks getting all the press and publicity is good for the sport? There were 8(10) teams in the playoffs this year. If you weren't a fan of the Yanks or Nats, you heard about 30 seconds of coverage(maybe) about your team.

Think about the casual baseball fan. For every Yankee fan, there are two Yankee "haters". If all they're talking about is the Yankees, what are the odds that fan is going to tune in later on to watch the game?

I wouldn't even have known that Oakland, Cincinnati, or Baltimore were in the playoffs, and I would only know about Detroit because of Verlander. I think it's ridiculous. And it's bad for the sport.

Zander 77
10-18-2012, 02:32 PM

Shut up Dash.

sexicano31
10-18-2012, 02:33 PM
What you talking bout willis?

Chitown Cubs Fan in the House stinkn up tigers thread. :clap:

Oh I'm a cubs fan now, eh? That's a new one.

hugepatsfan
10-18-2012, 02:34 PM

Do you all think, as fans of BASEBALL, that the Yanks getting all the press and publicity is good for the sport? There were 8(10) teams in the playoffs this year. If you weren't a fan of the Yanks or Nats, you heard about 30 seconds of coverage(maybe) about your team.

Think about the casual baseball fan. For every Yankee fan, there are two Yankee "haters". If all they're talking about is the Yankees, what are the odds that fan is going to tune in later on to watch the game?

I wouldn't even have known that Oakland, Cincinnati, or Baltimore were in the playoffs, and I would only know about Detroit because of Verlander. I think it's ridiculous. And it's bad for the sport.

You basically answered the reason why they talk about the Yankees so much but you're don't even realize it because you hate them so much and just want an excuse to *****. :laugh:

HotMayo
Didn't they have the 7th best record in the AL?

Does regular season matter when you have:

Verlander
Fister
Sherzer
Cabrera
Fielder
Jackson
Dirks

No, because in the playoffs TALENTED PITCHERS & HITTERS >>> Regular Season Records all together

EVERYONE KNOWS WHEN TIGERS MAKE IT IN THE PLAYOFFS THEY GO DEEP
BECAUSE THEIR TALENT GREATER THAN BASEBALL BEST.

sexicano31
Shut up Dash.

My point exactly.

2009mvp
10-18-2012, 02:35 PM

Higher than the odds that they'd tune in to watch the Reds and Orioles. There's a reason sports are covered nationally the way they are.

NYY09
10-18-2012, 02:36 PM
:rolleyes: Better team? You guys are getting embarrassed by the better team.

Yes, losing 3 close games is totally embarrassing, for sure...

Cool story bro.

Rivera
10-18-2012, 02:37 PM

ive notied this on psd to and its not only tiger fans but pistons and lions fans as well basically the detroit sports fans and its not even all of them its a portion of them

sexicano31
10-18-2012, 02:37 PM
Does regular season matter when you have:

Verlander
Fister
Sherzer
Cabrera
Fielder
Jackson
Dirks

No, because in the playoffs TALENTED PITCHERS & HITTERS >>> Regular Season Records all together

EVERYONE KNOWS WHEN TIGERS MAKE IT IN THE PLAYOFFS THEY GO DEEP
BECAUSE THEIR TALENT GREATER THAN BASEBALL BEST.
Oh. So last year the Cards had the most talented team? And the year before that the Giants?

Zander 77
10-18-2012, 02:38 PM
Higher than the odds that they'd tune in to watch the Reds and Orioles. There's a reason sports are covered nationally the way they are.

Then what about the converse point?

You argue that the Yankees covered nationally because they are popular. Wouldn't other teams be more popular if they received more national coverage?

HotMayo
10-18-2012, 02:41 PM
Oh. So last year the Cards had the most talented team? And the year before that the Giants?

Yea cards were better than tigers last year as well as giants the previous year.

Tigers are good this year b/c:

Sherzer stepped up his game
Quinten Berry inserted at 2 spot
Fielder
Omar infante inserted in the 9 whole
anibal sanchez pickup

The team is finally balanced with everything you need to win it all

day_gun
10-18-2012, 02:41 PM
I'm just saying the Kings got more headlines as an 8 seed when they did well than the Tigers are getting with the 7th best record in the AL when theyre doing well.

AllKohn
10-18-2012, 02:43 PM

You argue that the Yankees covered nationally because they are popular. Wouldn't other teams be more popular if they received more national coverage?

It's pointless to complain about it. NY gets the coverage because they have more people, more money and generally are thought of as more important than the rest of America. I'm not happy about it, but it is a reality.
You guys should just enjoy the *** whippin your putting on them and look forward to raising that trophy. Go Tigers.

Pinstripe pride
10-18-2012, 02:44 PM

netowrks put what people want to see on TV to get ratings, which is the yankees in baseball. i doubt more coverage to the other teams would do anythign but drop ratings, otherwise they would get the same attention

NYY09
10-18-2012, 02:46 PM

Bigger brand = more coverage.

Pinstripe pride
10-18-2012, 02:47 PM
I'm just saying the Kings got more headlines as an 8 seed when they did well than the Tigers are getting with the 7th best record in the AL when theyre doing well.

the kings won the stanley cup. win the world series and the tigers will get plenty of headlines

NYY09
10-18-2012, 02:48 PM
Yea cards were better than tigers last year as well as giants the previous year.

Fielder
anibal sanchez pickup

I guess defense doesn't count in your tally.

xxplayerxx23
10-18-2012, 02:49 PM
Yeah because yankees want the media talking all about them sure.

xxplayerxx23
10-18-2012, 02:49 PM
And who the **** cares, your team is one win away from the WS and yet you care about the Media :laugh2:

StriveGreatness
10-18-2012, 02:53 PM
Media loves to talk about overpaid old men for whatever reason. Bothers me a little but I don't get too upset.

oak2455
10-18-2012, 02:54 PM
No disrespect.... I think when a guy like Arod is going through this ,it makes headlines no matter when or what's taking place.... He's gone and that will be the next move

sexicano31
10-18-2012, 02:55 PM

Fielder
anibal sanchez pickup

I didn't ask if they were better than the tigers. I asked if they were the most talented teams

Kinkotheclown
10-18-2012, 02:55 PM
I don't see how you can say they're being disrespected by the Yankees, but the media...probably.

:clap:

Tigers pitching has been insane. The Yankees completely respect that and the rest of the team.
The yankees are a **** show right now. They are getting covered because of the drama.

getfoul
10-18-2012, 02:57 PM
I do agree the Tigers are being slighted, even though they did have the 7th best record.

If they were playing any other team, the story would be about the Tigers pitching shutting down team X's offense. When the Yankees are involved, it's either about them winning or losing, not how the other team does.

Tigers will get the credit after today hopefully.

Raider0510
10-18-2012, 03:01 PM
Im going to start calling you tigers fans kardashians why you ask? Beacause youre all a bunch of attencionseeking whores get over it the yankees get all this attention because theyre from new york and oh yeah theyve won 27 rings you dont hear my crying about how my oakland athletics stole the west from the rangers when evrybody had them pegged for a hundred plus loss team.and we didnt get more than two minutes on sportscenter Just be happy youre emberracing the yankees and forget the media

sexicano31
10-18-2012, 03:03 PM
Punctuation next time.

pacofunk64
10-18-2012, 03:41 PM
Who cares...I mean seriously it's baseball and unless your are in a major market, which the Tigers are not, then you will not get exposure because the rest of America could care less. The reason why ESPN is all over the Yankees nuts is because they are a world wide favorite.

OnslaughtXX6
10-18-2012, 03:48 PM
Espn

OnslaughtXX6
10-18-2012, 03:49 PM
Double post

Jeffy25
10-18-2012, 03:50 PM
Hell the entire MLB playoffs is being ignored.

And these are 4 very popular teams that are left.

albo23
10-18-2012, 04:02 PM
Im going to start calling you tigers fans kardashians why you ask? Beacause youre all a bunch of attencionseeking whores get over it the yankees get all this attention because theyre from new york and oh yeah theyve won 27 rings you dont hear my crying about how my oakland athletics stole the west from the rangers when evrybody had them pegged for a hundred plus loss team.and we didnt get more than two minutes on sportscenter Just be happy youre emberracing the yankees and forget the media
:laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

Your tears taste delicious. But go on the Yankee forums if you want to see Kim Kardashians/Drama Queens.

To address your cries, the A's got no media coverage because they never led Detroit in the series and they lost the series. Detroit is beating NY handidly, and will likely win the series.
Furthermore, A's baseball coverage was taken up by Detroit Tigers baseball coverage. Detroit Tigers baseball coverage is now not taken up by Yankee coverage, but coverage of how much the Yankees blow and how many balls A-Rod can give to girls in two minutes.

carnage101
10-18-2012, 04:08 PM
you actually want the media attention please take it, it obviousy doesn't help the team at all

Zander 77
10-18-2012, 04:08 PM
Hell the entire MLB playoffs is being ignored.

And these are 4 very popular teams that are left.

That's pretty much been the point I've been trying to get across in this thread.

WadeKobe
10-18-2012, 05:19 PM
Tigers deserve to be ignored and disrespected. They weren't the best team in the AL Central, and they aren't good enough to be where they're at. They got hot and lucky at the right time. The sooner they're knocked out, the better baseball will be. **** the tigers.

redbird89
10-18-2012, 05:21 PM
It's the media obsession with the big markets, especially New York. ESPN is the worst.

MLB Network isn't so bad about it, though.

Zander 77
10-18-2012, 05:38 PM
Tigers deserve to be ignored and disrespected. They weren't the best team in the AL Central, and they aren't good enough to be where they're at. They got hot and lucky at the right time. The sooner they're knocked out, the better baseball will be. **** the tigers.

Nope. They weren't the best team in the Central. That's why the White Sox are in the playoffs. Oh wait.....

MonroeFAN
10-18-2012, 05:41 PM
and there goes Miggy.

Bye Bye Yankees. Have fun being the better team.

MonroeFAN
10-18-2012, 05:46 PM
Ahh yes, the homophobic line. Haven't heard that one before. Perhaps it was wrong of me to throw it out there, I have nothing against people who choose to be that way.

But this is pretty ridiculous man, what would you say to defend your team? They're about to sweep the Yankees, and some how they don't deserve to be where they are?

This place is over-run by obnoxious New Yorkers.

sexicano31
10-18-2012, 05:49 PM
Ahh yes, the homophobic line. Haven't heard that one before. Perhaps it was wrong of me to throw it out there, I have nothing against people who choose to be that way.

But this is pretty ridiculous man, what would you say to defend your team? They're about to sweep the Yankees, and some how they don't deserve to be where they are?

This place is over-run by obnoxious New Yorkers.

Lol at the bolded

I sure wouldnt tell them to "STFU homo" like a child

They dont deserve to be there. They arent that good. Just like the Cards last year. And the Giants before that. And maybe the Phillies in 2008. Theres nothing wrong with having a meh team that gets hot in the playoffs, it happens all the time. Dont pretend like the Tigers are some amazing team. They arent

MonroeFAN
10-18-2012, 05:51 PM
Ok?

What is an amazing team to you? Someone who spends a lot of money on talent that doesn't produce?

One of the best players in baseball, the best pitcher in baseball... one of the best fielders in baseball, and one of the best power hitters. What is so outlandish about the fact that our fans think they're a great team?

sexicano31
10-18-2012, 05:54 PM
Ok?

What is an amazing team to you? Someone who spends a lot of money on talent that doesn't produce?

One of the best players in baseball, the best pitcher in baseball... one of the best fielders in baseball, and one of the best power hitters. What is so outlandish about the fact that our fans think they're a great team?

Because the team had the 7th best record in the AL. They got hot at the right time, like the Cards and Giants. An amazing team is an all around team that performs in the regular season and playoffs. See 2009 Yankees

fadedmario
10-18-2012, 05:55 PM
Best to just ignore sexicano.

Yup. Were going to the World Series. :)

sexicano31
10-18-2012, 05:57 PM
Best to just ignore sexicano.

Why do you all get so upset when someone doesnt bow down to the tigers? They arent a great team. Accept it. They got hot at the right time.

MonroeFAN
10-18-2012, 05:57 PM
Because the team had the 7th best record in the AL. They got hot at the right time, like the Cards and Giants. An amazing team is an all around team that performs in the regular season and playoffs. See 2009 Yankees

ha. Whatever dude.

We'll see you next season.

sexicano31
10-18-2012, 05:59 PM
ha. Whatever dude.

We'll see you next season.

See me where? I cant tell you the last time the Phillies played the Tigers

sexicano31
10-18-2012, 06:02 PM

Because I wasnt bowing to the Tigers and pointed out that I am, in fact, not a Yankees fan?

MonroeFAN
10-18-2012, 06:08 PM
I would have never thought you were a Yankees fan, Cubs.

No one expects you to bow down to anyone, but the least you can do is keep your commentary to yourself. We're up 6-0 in a sweep game to go to the world series, they couldn't have had a better performance.

albo23
10-18-2012, 06:18 PM
I love this anti-Tiger posts. Waaahhh the best regular season team isn't winning in the playoffs waaaaahhhhhhhh.

After tonight, the Detroit Tigers are the undisputed BEST team in the American League. If you think otherwise, turn off the TV, watch replays of the regular season, and pretend the playoffs don't exist.

DaSox_05
10-18-2012, 06:29 PM
I love this anti-Tiger posts. Waaahhh the best regular season team isn't winning in the playoffs waaaaahhhhhhhh.

After tonight, the Detroit Tigers are the undisputed BEST team in the American League. If you think otherwise, turn off the TV, watch replays of the regular season, and pretend the playoffs don't exist.

So with that logic the 2006 St. Louis Cardinals were the best team in baseball that year with 83 wins? The White Sox won 90 games that year and didnt even make it to the playoffs because of the 96 win Twins and 95 win Tigers. And the Tigers lost the World Series that year to an 83 win team.

fadedmario
10-18-2012, 06:33 PM
Tigers starting pitching in these playoffs so far is among the best EVER. They are a great team. Our hitting is starting to wake up too.

DaSox_05
10-18-2012, 06:41 PM
Tigers starting pitching in these playoffs so far is among the best EVER. They are a great team. Our hitting is starting to wake up too.

The 2005 White Sox beg to differ.

natepro
10-18-2012, 06:41 PM

That makes sense. I mean, they got in with the help of a collapse by the White Sox, and there are teams better than them, in better divisions than the AL Central, that didn't even get a chance to see the postseason... but yeah, they're the best.

Okay.

rocket
10-18-2012, 06:47 PM
The 2005 White Sox beg to differ.

Uh 61.2 IP, 66 strikeouts, a 1.02 ERA.

natepro
10-18-2012, 06:53 PM
Uh, they're not even top 10.

http://www.beyondtheboxscore.com/2012/10/18/3518456/mlb-best-post-season-playoffs-pitching-staffs

albo23
10-18-2012, 07:34 PM
So with that logic the 2006 St. Louis Cardinals were the best team in baseball that year with 83 wins? The White Sox won 90 games that year and didnt even make it to the playoffs because of the 96 win Twins and 95 win Tigers. And the Tigers lost the World Series that year to an 83 win team.

You're damn straight they were. They beat us in the World Series, they were the best. Honestly, why are you watching these playoffs? The playoffs determine who is the best team in the MLB, that's why they're played. Once again, if you think otherwise, just turn off the TV and pretend the regular season was the last bit of baseball played. The Nationals are the real World Series champions.

fadedmario
10-18-2012, 07:34 PM
Actually top 2 lolz

fadedmario
10-18-2012, 07:37 PM
Uh, they're not even top 10.

http://www.beyondtheboxscore.com/2012/10/18/3518456/mlb-best-post-season-playoffs-pitching-staffs

The website you linked has a virus... nice.

natepro
10-18-2012, 07:41 PM

Yeah... Beyond the Box score is known for their viruses.

:facepalm:

Jeffy25
10-18-2012, 08:01 PM

I got nothing, clean for me.

sexicano31
10-18-2012, 08:06 PM
I would have never thought you were a Yankees fan, Cubs.

No one expects you to bow down to anyone, but the least you can do is keep your commentary to yourself. We're up 6-0 in a sweep game to go to the world series, they couldn't have had a better performance.

Again, Im not a cubs fan

If I have to keep my commentary to myself on an internet sports forum, then you should too

10-18-2012, 08:06 PM
Tigers pitching is top shelf no doubt. However I'm sure I could have shut down the Yanks for a few innings the way they were swinging the bats. I would just throw everything into the dirt and watch them swing away.

tinliz48
10-18-2012, 08:23 PM

7th best? And yet the Tigers are going to the World Series.

Sick Of It All
10-18-2012, 08:25 PM
This thread has become too problematic to stay open.