PDA

View Full Version : The Official 12-13 NBA Rookie impressions thread

fadedmario
10-18-2012, 12:10 PM
Discuss all rookies here throughout the year.

Surprised no one started this thread sooner.

Many rookies so far have been very impressive.

fadedmario
10-18-2012, 12:13 PM
This is the best group of rookies I have seen in years and years and years. This draft could eventually end up being like the 1984 draft.

Anthony Davis is a stud. Michael Kidd Gilchrist and Brad Beal are 19 years old but they already know how to play. Andre Drummond is a beast AND he'll play next to the most underrated Greg Monroe. Jonas Valenciunas plays big and he knows how to score. Damion Lillard plays like a seasoned veteran. He has all star potential. Harrison Barnes is starting at 20. Terrance Robinson is a physical talent. Jeremy Lamb looks like a 20 ppg scorer. Donatas Motiejunas is highly skilled. Bigs selected late in the draft already look like they can contribute. Ezeli can catch and finish. Sullinger will help the Celtics depth. Moutrie is going to get playing time on a deep Philadelphia Sixers team. Andrew Nicholson is bound to put up a lot of points as a rookie on a bad team. Perry Jones III is going to likely end up helping a good team! How did he fall to OKC?

Am I too hyped over this draft class or is it that good?

I agree that this draft class is loaded.

akia83
10-18-2012, 12:27 PM
Maalik Wayns :clap:

And I don't give a **** about the sixers, but the kid is pretty good so far.

dalton749
10-18-2012, 12:30 PM
valanciunas will be a future 20/10/2 guy. solid defender, wants to dunk everything, shoots 80% from the line, showing a few post moves already and is a capable shooter but he wont take many shots this year until he has plays run for him

Chill_Will_24
10-18-2012, 12:36 PM
I am absolutely :drool: over Drummond right now. The things that kid could accomplish is he ever develops a work ethic like a Rose or Dwight

OKC
10-18-2012, 12:49 PM
yes Terrance Robinson is a beast.
anyway, i can realisticly see 3 rookies winning ROY.
davis-obvious reasons
lillard-the dudes can play.as simple as that. he will be starting at point in the blazers and i predict something like 20 pts 6-7 assists 4-5 rbs.
beal-he will have a big role in washington and will get a lot of credit.
if davis doesnt make a big enough impact on the hornets i can see beal/lillard winning it.

mdm692
10-18-2012, 12:54 PM
Who the **** is Terrance Robinson. Who does he play for?

Gram
10-18-2012, 01:06 PM
Who the **** is Terrance Robinson. Who does he play for?

Obviously it was a typo. Don't be ignorant. :cool:

DubbyDubbs
10-18-2012, 01:21 PM
yes Terrance Robinson is a beast.
anyway, i can realisticly see 3 rookies winning ROY.
davis-obvious reasons
lillard-the dudes can play.as simple as that. he will be starting at point in the blazers and i predict something like 20 pts 6-7 assists 4-5 rbs.
beal-he will have a big role in washington and will get a lot of credit.
if davis doesnt make a big enough impact on the hornets i can see beal/lillard winning it.

Im sorry but 20/7/5 seems completely unattainable by any rookie. When is the last time those numbers were averaged by a rookie? Maybe Lebron? Brandon Roy came close i beleive?

But I would bet the house that Lillard does not average that

DubbyDubbs
10-18-2012, 01:24 PM
Drummond has looked nice. Almost wish we would have taken him instead of Terrence Ross so we could have our twin towers of Drummond and Valanciunas..

Ive also liked Scott Machado when he gets time to play in Houston... Can put up huge assist numbers.

iDefend10
10-18-2012, 01:26 PM
I am extremely impressed by Andre Drummond and Jared Sullinger. A Drummond/Monroe front court is going be nasty. Sullingers motor never stops running and he is going to be learning under one of the greats in KG.

Six-8-TheWizard
10-18-2012, 01:33 PM
Im sorry but 20/7/5 seems completely unattainable by any rookie. When is the last time those numbers were averaged by a rookie? Maybe Lebron? Brandon Roy came close i beleive?

But I would bet the house that Lillard does not average that

I think Tyreke Evans had 20/5/5 his rookie year

fadedmario
10-18-2012, 01:48 PM
Can a mod sticky this thread?

John Walls Era
10-18-2012, 01:50 PM
Jonas Val. and Brad Beal! Nuff said.

Ebbs
10-18-2012, 01:54 PM
Jonas looks good.

Drummond, Davis, Beal, all look good.

I stand by my Drummond will be better than AD sentiments.

iDefend10
10-18-2012, 02:40 PM
Festus Ezeli looks great too. In all four pre season starts he has averaged 7 points, 5.8 rebounds, 2 blocks a game. The number might not be spectacular but if you watch him play he has all the fundamentals and does exactly what he is suppose to do. I believe he is going to be a great back up for Bogut when he gets healthy.

bholly
10-18-2012, 04:48 PM
Can a mod sticky this thread?

Why? If people want to post in it, it'll live. If they don't then it won't, and there's no need to force it to the top. It isn't like the forum is overrun with rookie threads every year and people need to know there's already one to post in. Specific lesser-known players that are standing out are some of the best topics of discussion during the season (when they don't involve the big teams and get overrun with fanbase bashing) - making all rookie conversation go in here would be way counterproductive.

Anyway, to echo others, I've liked what I've seen from Maalik Wayns an Andre Drummond so far. Also had a really nice little stretch from Arnett Moultrie for the Sixers yesterday, so that was encouraging.

Gators123
10-18-2012, 05:24 PM
Drummond has been a beast. Hes already a great shot blocker and a really good defender. DPOY potential IMO.

Another guy I like is Perry Jones. He is going to be one of the biggest steals of the draft.

spreadeagle
10-18-2012, 05:36 PM
Drummond has been a beast. Hes already a great shot blocker and a really good defender. DPOY potential IMO.

Another guy I like is Perry Jones. He is going to be one of the biggest steals of the draft.

Raps passed on both and they went right after to Det and Okc....:facepalm: I knew Drummond would beast but his free throws are terrible, hack a Drummond could start up. J Valanciunas looks good, are not many 7 footers as quick as he is, and Lithuanians live to play hoops, I always like there passion.

Meaze_Gibson
10-18-2012, 07:36 PM
Drummond obviously but also Terrence Jones from the Rockets, Harrison Barnes looks to have improved his handle, and also Perry Jones looks more athletic and ready than I thought. Just preseason I know, but this class shows a lot of promise

MagicBucsSox
10-18-2012, 07:55 PM
Maalik Wayns :clap:

And I don't give a **** about the sixers, but the kid is pretty good so far.

Yeah, Orlando f'd up letting him go

fadedmario
10-19-2012, 07:11 PM
Drummond with a pretty sick dunk last night.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=p97JEyETOPs

MintBerryCrunch
10-19-2012, 07:17 PM
Reeves Nelson next LeBron

Vampirate
10-19-2012, 07:29 PM
I agree that this draft class is loaded.

Nice, except Jonas was selected in the Draft prior to the one that person is talking about.

fadedmario
10-19-2012, 07:30 PM
Nice, except Jonas was selected in the Draft prior to the one that person is talking about.

He's still considered a rookie, no?

Vampirate
10-19-2012, 07:34 PM
He's still considered a rookie, no?

Yup, but that article is talking about this draft class as the one in 84, and mentioning Jonas as one of the reasons why.

Just nitpicking is all. ;)

fadedmario
10-19-2012, 07:36 PM
Yup, but that article is talking about this draft class as the one in 84, and mentioning Jonas as one of the reasons why.

Just nitpicking is all. ;)

;)

fadedmario
10-19-2012, 07:37 PM
Drummond and Leonard have looked like they can be really good centers.

Anyone watched much Anthony Davis yet? If so, how's he looked?

Also, what the hell was Cleveland thinking at 4? Barnes or Drummond would have been a much better pick there.

thrice4
10-19-2012, 07:42 PM
Henson is showing good moves in the post but he's getting over powered.

John Walls Era
10-19-2012, 08:56 PM
Raps passed on both and they went right after to Det and Okc....:facepalm: I knew Drummond would beast but his free throws are terrible, hack a Drummond could start up. J Valanciunas looks good, are not many 7 footers as quick as he is, and Lithuanians live to play hoops, I always like there passion.

Don't need Drummond with JV. Ross is smooth on offense and iirc wasn't a bad defender in college. Drummond might work out in Detroit, but not something the Raptors need. Perry Jones can be dominant in college, but it will require more than just speed and hops in the NBA. Going to OKC might help him if hes getting limited minutes.

JeffG20
10-19-2012, 09:02 PM
Anyone watched much Anthony Davis yet? .

hadent seen any games because they havent shown them here yet but stat wise h's looking as good as advertised. offense hasent been all that bad and he's been a great rebounder and blocker.

fadedmario
10-20-2012, 11:56 PM
Watched Drummond and MKG tonight. Drummond impressed as usual. Never realized Kidd-Gilchrist had such an ugly shot.

Bravo95
10-20-2012, 11:59 PM
Mike Scott gets buckets. BUCKETS.

fadedmario
10-21-2012, 12:02 AM
How's Harrison Barnes look? Anyone on here watched him much?

I Rock Shaqs
10-21-2012, 12:13 AM
Obviously it was a typo. Don't be ignorant. :cool:

Nah That's racist!

Arch Stanton
10-21-2012, 03:38 AM
Drummond and Leonard have looked like they can be really good centers.

Anyone watched much Anthony Davis yet? If so, how's he looked?

Also, what the hell was Cleveland thinking at 4? Barnes or Drummond would have been a much better pick there.

Yeah it's preseason!

Arch Stanton
10-21-2012, 03:41 AM
How's Harrison Barnes look? Anyone on here watched him much?

Shouldn't you know? Didn't you write: "what the hell was Cleveland thinking?" Barnes, Drummond? Or were you wondering what outfit he was wearing out tonight so the two of you could color coordinate?

OKC
11-01-2012, 07:02 AM
now after seeing most of them play, it realy looks like davis and lillard are the only options.

DanG
11-01-2012, 08:31 AM
Damian Lillard is a beast. It's between him and Davis