PDA

View Full Version : K. Love out 4-6 weeks

mjm07
10-17-2012, 03:51 PM
@WojYahooNBA T-Wolves Star Kevin Love has suffered a broken right hand and will be out 4-to-6 weeks, league sources tell Y! Sports

Will this hurt their playoff hopes this season?

I hope not.

xxplayerxx23
10-17-2012, 08:34 PM
Horrible, i heard 6-8 weeks. Playoffs chances is bascally can Williams, Pek, AK47 keep them at 500 until Love and Rubio come back.

Hawkeye15
10-17-2012, 08:36 PM
Wolves open with something like 15 games in November, 5 of which are projected playoff teams. Hoping Roy's knees allow him to be awesome for at least the early portion.

Just sucks. Shooting hand on top of everything, meaning he will have to fight off rust when he does come back. Why do the basketball gods hate the Wolves so much?

69centers
10-17-2012, 08:37 PM
Another dose of bad luck for the Wolves.

Hawkeye15
10-17-2012, 08:38 PM
thank god this site wasn't working when I heard the news. I went an lifted weights for 2 hrs instead. Ugh.

**** being a Wolves fan. It's so hard.

Ezio
10-17-2012, 08:39 PM
Did he pull a Boozer?

lilchuckdoubles
10-17-2012, 08:40 PM
thank god this site wasn't working when I heard the news. I went an lifted weights for 2 hrs instead. Ugh.

i hear you man. go lynx??

xxplayerxx23
10-17-2012, 08:40 PM
I 4got about Roy, they still have a shot if Roy plays good. Roy, AK47, Pek with Williams may be able to hold down the fort until Love comes back :pray:

KB-Pau-DH2012
10-17-2012, 08:41 PM
Didn't KLove say that if the Wolves weren't going to make the playoffs this season, he would seriously considering looking at other options (aka requesting a trade?). Well, if they don't make the playoffs in the tough West with him and Rubio missing the first 6 wks of the season, does he still go that route knowing that a big part they wouldn't make the playoffs is because of his own injury to begin the season?

xxplayerxx23
10-17-2012, 08:41 PM
Your putting too much into it. I don't think he will request a trade, this team is on the rise IMO.

NBAfan4life
10-17-2012, 08:43 PM

The only bright side and I mean only (and its not that bright) is will get an idea of what D- Williams is worth.

I think he will be better than most people think he is.

lilchuckdoubles
knowing how love cries about everything he might.

Hawkeye15
Didn't KLove say that if the Wolves weren't going to make the playoffs this season, he would seriously considering looking at other options (aka requesting a trade?). Well, if they don't make the playoffs in the tough West with him and Rubio missing the first 6 wks of the season, does he still go that route knowing that a big part they wouldn't make the playoffs is because of his own injury to begin the season?

No, he basically said he was the only member of the Olympic squad that hasn't been in, and he wanted to send a message to the Wolves FO to get him help. He is locked up for 3 years. He has absolutely no pull for 2. He also commented on how happy he was with the offseason they had. Furthermore, Kevin, you are the one missing games, man up, and move on.

lilchuckdoubles
10-17-2012, 08:44 PM
The only bright side and I mean only (and its not that bright) is will get an idea of what D- Williams is worth.

:hi5:

Hawkeye15
10-17-2012, 08:45 PM

We shall see. Pekovic now needs to be a 20 a night guy for the first 15 games, Roy needs to be 80% of old Roy, and Kirilenko needs to be his former self. Luckily, the Wolves have a fairly soft opening 15 games, facing only 5 probable playoff teams. If they can somehow be around 8-7, or 9-8ish when Love gets back, and Rubio starts practicing, all is fine. We shall see if that is the case.

topdog
10-17-2012, 08:55 PM
Bad new, but better that it happens early when Roy and AK should be at their best (healthwise). As long as Pek, Roy, AK and Williams can keep the record even, Rubio and Love can pump the record up once they get back.

KB-Pau-DH2012
10-17-2012, 08:57 PM
Bad new, but better that it happens early when Roy and AK should be at their best (healthwise). As long as Pek, Roy, AK and Williams can keep the record even, Rubio and Love can pump the record up once they get back.

It's the Western Conference. I agree that if the Wolves were in the East, your statement would hold true. But not in this case. The West is just too tough.

popo85
10-17-2012, 09:00 PM
terrible news, peko and dwill will have to step up in his absence.

Hawkeye15
10-17-2012, 09:00 PM
It's the Western Conference. I agree that if the Wolves were in the East, your statement would hold true. But not in this case. The West is just too tough.

The west also isn't what it was. You don't need to win 50 to make it anymore. The west is finally getting older. 50 wins last season, percentage wise, gave you a 5 seed.

topdog
10-17-2012, 09:01 PM

We're only talking about the first month to month and a half. There have been plenty of starts worse than .500 which teams have recovered from to make the playoffs out West.

mdm692
10-17-2012, 09:02 PM
At least one month without Rubio and K-Love. I always thought the T-wolves would not make the playoffs because of injuries I just didn't think it would be K-Love. Although its just 1 month that is ALOT of games.

chong2204
10-17-2012, 09:04 PM
Sucks. My favorite white NBA player.

KB-Pau-DH2012
10-17-2012, 09:04 PM
The west also isn't what it was. You don't need to win 50 to make it anymore. The west is finally getting older. 50 wins last season, percentage wise, gave you a 5 seed.

We'll see, but I mean until Rubio and KLove come back which I presume will be early-to-mid December, you have to look at the teams that will have better records than them by that time.

Lakers, OKC, Clippers, Spurs, Nuggets, Grizzlies are a given.

Then you know the Suns and Mavs will try to stay as competitive as they can, and the Jazz are a wildcard.

I would love to see your Wolves make the playoffs, but I just don't know how likely it will be for them when teams like the Suns, Mavs and Jazz get a 6 wk head start on them.

KB-Pau-DH2012
10-17-2012, 09:05 PM
We're only talking about the first month to month and a half. There have been plenty of starts worse than .500 which teams have recovered from to make the playoffs out West.

It'll be interesting to see what Adelman can do in the meantime with AK47, B.Roy, Pek, DerrickWill and Barrea.

topdog
10-17-2012, 09:07 PM
At least one month without Rubio and K-Love. I always thought the T-wolves would not make the playoffs because of injuries I just didn't think it would be K-Love. Although its just 1 month that is ALOT of games.

That definitely was the last injury I think anyone was expecting. Now, to make the playoffs, let's say you need about 50 wins out West. If Rubio and Love aren't back/ready until January (which is well over 8 weeks on Love but factors in returning to playing form), that's 27 game. If the team can go .500 or about 13-14 then they need to win 2/3s of the rest of their 55 games which is doable.

DoMeFavors
10-17-2012, 09:10 PM
I knew they werent going to make the playoffs, Timberwolves cant catch a break.

Maybe next year

Hawkeye15
10-17-2012, 09:12 PM
We'll see, but I mean until Rubio and KLove come back which I presume will be early-to-mid December, you have to look at the teams that will have better records than them by that time.

Then you know the Suns and Mavs will try to stay as competitive as they can, and the Jazz are a wildcard.

I would love to see your Wolves make the playoffs, but I just don't know how likely it will be for them when teams like the Suns, Mavs and Jazz get a 6 wk head start on them.

trust me, this dampens the Wolves playoff outlook, no doubt. But we have a fairly soft schedule the first month, with 15 games, 5 projected playoff teams.

We shall see where we are when Love and Rubio return.

topdog
10-17-2012, 09:13 PM
I knew they werent going to make the playoffs, Timberwolves cant catch a break.

Maybe next year

:laugh2: There has been a single game played yet! I think paper basketball is really interesting, but I'd much rather see what happens on the court.

Hawkeye15
10-17-2012, 09:13 PM
:laugh2: There has been a single game played yet! I think paper basketball is really interesting, but I'd much rather see what happens on the court.

Dont even bother with him/her.

Vinny642
10-17-2012, 09:14 PM
Tough break

douglas
10-17-2012, 09:14 PM
Hopefully Kevin Love's hand is not broken anymore after four to six weeks.

topdog
10-17-2012, 09:18 PM
Hopefully Kevin Love's hand is not broken anymore after four to six weeks.

When Thanksgiving comes, can we shoot the turkey? Please!

P Harvy
10-17-2012, 09:24 PM

The Suns?! With Beasely as the go to guy? Nah I've seen too much of that to not be worried about them.

DoMeFavors
10-17-2012, 09:25 PM
Love wont be happy also, because what is likely to happen in the offseason is AK47 will opt out of his contract and sign the MLE with the Nets.

KB-Pau-DH2012
10-17-2012, 09:25 PM
The Suns?! With Beasely as the go to guy? Nah I've seen too much of that to not be worried about them.

Beasley at the 3, Scola at the 4 and Gortat at the 5 isn't bad with Dragic running the show.

Swashcuff
10-17-2012, 09:26 PM
This sucks sooooo much balls it aint funny. Devastating news for Wolves fans and Kevin Love. I was infuriated when i read the news. The silver lining in all this Derrick Williams stock which is at the lowest it could possibly be may just see a hike if he produces well in a starter capacity.

Swashcuff
10-17-2012, 09:28 PM
Dont even bother with it.

Fixed

P Harvy
10-17-2012, 09:31 PM
Beasley at the 3, Scola at the 4 and Gortat at the 5 isn't bad with Dragic running the show.

Yeah it's not bad but there's no doubt they take a step back without Nash. There will be games Beasely looks like a god and someone who you sit there and say how is this guy not a top 5 scorer in this league but those games come around every once in a blue moon. Dragic is definitely still a great PG but I don't see him being able to maximize limited potential like Nash was. Some of those Suns teams were just so bad I don't even know how Nash made them competitive.

So really I think the Wolves still have playoff potential and possibly even upset potential in the playoffs once this team gets clicking with Rubio and Love back. It's been said but we need to be right around .500 when they come back and hopefully we will be.

P Harvy
10-17-2012, 09:32 PM
And by the way this is terrible. I don't think people understand the pain and suffering we Minnesota fans go through. This just adds insult to injury

Aleksandar
10-17-2012, 09:36 PM
As a Twolves fan I got to say this:

- Derrick Williams can't "hold down the fort", he's an inconsistent work in progress. But he will pull off a good game here and there.
- Brandon Roy can't "hold down the fort", last thing I would do is put pressure on him and his empty knees. But he's cool to play his 24 min under the radar, pass the ball, score a bit, just do his thing.

Guys I expect to hold down the fort are:

C - Pekovic/Amundson - Pekovic arrived at the camp in awesome shape, he should go wild in this first month at least. Amundson is limited, but he's ready to hustle off the bench. Stiemsma doesn't seem like much in the preseason, no idea if he catches up.

PF - Kirilenko/Cunningham - Kirilenko is as reliable as they come, I'm only afraid that he doesn't get injured as well. Cunnigham is ready, he won't let down.

SF - Budinger - He won't be brilliant but he won't bad either. Derrick Williams should also have couple of the good games, but he'll have the terrible ones as well.

Our guard rotation is a question mark to me.

SG - Roy/Shved - Roy should do well in his limited role, but I wouldn't like to see him forcing things. Shved is like Williams, but a rookie instead of sophomore. He'll do nice things occasionally, but is still too erratic.

PG - Ridnour/Barea - This is where I'm afraid the most. Ridnour seems worse than last year, and could easily get injured again, and JJ Barea is.. well, JJ Barea.

BklynKnicks3
10-17-2012, 09:38 PM
i think they will have the best record during that stretch then they ever did with k love

iamsteel
10-17-2012, 10:06 PM
I hope he didn't punch a fire extinguisher

Guppyfighter
10-17-2012, 10:21 PM
This is a blessing in disguise for the Twolves. They weren't ready to compete this year, for a playoff spot, yes, but a title was not close. They should get a lottery pick and keep developing.

Swashcuff
10-17-2012, 10:24 PM
This is a blessing in disguise for the Twolves. They weren't ready to compete this year, for a playoff spot, yes, but a title was not close. They should get a lottery pick and keep developing.

Its only a blessing in disguise if it doesn't affect Kevin Love in the long run.

Guppyfighter
10-17-2012, 10:25 PM
Its only a blessing in disguise if it doesn't affect Kevin Love in the long run.

You are absolutely right.

TheNumber37
10-17-2012, 10:33 PM
I don't mind injuries to bigger names to start a season. if only Rubio was ready. time for ak47 to earn that pay check and for Williams to increase his value.

Chill_Will_24
10-17-2012, 10:36 PM
This truly ruined my day. Aside from my Nets the Wolves were the team i was mostl looking forward to watching this year. I love Rubio's game and i really like Kevin Love. I hope he recovers fast.

tapajafri
10-17-2012, 11:20 PM
6-8*

kblo247
10-18-2012, 12:38 AM
Wolves open with something like 15 games in November, 5 of which are projected playoff teams. Hoping Roy's knees allow him to be awesome for at least the early portion.

Just sucks. Shooting hand on top of everything, meaning he will have to fight off rust when he does come back. Why do the basketball gods hate the Wolves so much?
Kenyon Martin going to get paid and get minutes in Minny? You don't invest in AK and Roy, and try to show Love you are about winning to avoid him going Dwight and Melo on them to not even try to compete just because Love hurt his hand, and Martin is the best replacement on the market and better than anyone on the team.

topdog
10-18-2012, 12:46 AM
Kenyon Martin going to get paid and get minutes in Minny? You don't invest in AK and Roy, and try to show Love you are about winning to avoid him going Dwight and Melo on them to not even try to compete just because Love hurt his hand, and Martin is the best replacement on the market and better than anyone on the team.

He definitely wouldn't "get paid." Wolves are over the cap and can only afford the minimum. K-Mart is an interesting idea, but it seems his best days are far behind him.

kblo247
10-18-2012, 12:53 AM
His D isn't behind him. Ask the Memphis frontline. He's worlds above Pek, AK, Love, and Williams on one on one D. He was brilliant guarding Zach and Marc in the post and then switching out on the perimeter and keeping Gay in front of him with everything on the line.

I still say that it makes no sense to me that Kenyon wasn't courted hard by the Spurs because eh would instantly be the second best big they have and stop Duncan from being demolished by whole front lines like the past playoffs where he wears down eventually covering for those soft 4s

Chronz
10-18-2012, 12:59 AM
His D isn't behind him. Ask the Memphis frontline. He's worlds above Pek, AK, Love, and Williams on one on one D. He was brilliant guarding Zach and Marc in the post and then switching out on the perimeter and keeping Gay in front of him with everything on the line.

I still say that it makes no sense to me that Kenyon wasn't courted hard by the Spurs because eh would instantly be the second best big they have and stop Duncan from being demolished by whole front lines like the past playoffs where he wears down eventually covering for those soft 4s

I think you overrate Kenyon, hes a ghost offensively and not much of a rebounder. Hes still quick laterally but I dont know what makes you think he defended the Memphis bigs all that well. Z-Bo was Evans ***** while K-Mart heroically tried to defend their center, it was a tall task that he deserves some kind of credit for but he didn't do that great of a job by my account.

Still if he would get over himself and just accept an min deal, Im sure lots of teams would be lining up to provide it.

John Walls Era
10-18-2012, 12:59 AM

Thats like the poorman's run and gun suns of 2005-2007.

Hellcrooner
10-18-2012, 01:00 AM
Why is people worried.?

They have the Almighty Barea, who will average a cuadruple double of 40 20 20 and 20 and lead them to a perfect record.

:p

KnicksPain
10-18-2012, 02:13 AM
I honestly think they can still make the playoffs. It wont be easy but Pekovic has continued to improve Barea is solid until Rubio is healthy, AK47 and Shved should be a bosst and Roy looks to be about the same as 2 years ago's playoffs where he lit up Dallas. (not saying he will be doing that every night or ever but he can score and facilitate)

Again it wasnt a lock to begin with but IF Love and Rubio come back healthy I thing they can still get in.

topdog
10-18-2012, 02:30 AM

Defense isn't really an issue as losing Love doesn't impact that immensely. Daunte Cunningham actually has been pretty impressive overall (versus expectations) and Stiemsma can provide defense as well. The issue is that those two and Lou Amundson are fairly limited offensively.

Overall, the schedule does not look that difficult (going primarily off of last year) considering the first 2 months of games includes:

-2 against Orlando (R) = re-building
-2 against Sacramento
-2 against Dallas (with Dirk having knee troubles of his own)
-2 against Golden State
-Charlotte
-Portland (R)
-Milwaukee
-Cleveland
-New Orleans
-Houston (R)
-Phoenix

Losoway
10-18-2012, 02:44 AM
damn that sucks . the stat pad king cant stat pad

thechom80
10-18-2012, 02:52 AM
damn that sucks . the stat pad king cant stat pad

:facepalm:

Showtime Steve
10-18-2012, 02:58 AM
Summer with team usa, no prob. 2 weeks with team, broken hand.

D.O.N.
10-18-2012, 03:08 AM
I may be crazy, but i think the wolves can benefit from this.

If williams plays well he's trade value will increase a lot and i'm pretty sure he will be traded during the season

Also Love won't be as worn down by the end of the season so if they make the playoffs he would be in better shape

They would be a .500 team even whitout Love at least i hope so. i would hate not to see LOve in the playoffs he deserves it

xcrisisx
10-18-2012, 04:14 AM
I may be crazy, but i think the wolves can benefit from this.
If williams plays well he's trade value will increase a lot and i'm pretty sure he will be traded during the season

Also Love won't be as worn down by the end of the season so if they make the playoffs he would be in better shape

They would be a .500 team even whitout Love at least i hope so. i would hate not to see LOve in the playoffs he deserves it

stopped reading after bold part

PurpleJesus
10-18-2012, 04:14 AM
Why is people worried.?

They have the Almighty Barea, who will average a cuadruple double of 40 20 20 and 20 and lead them to a perfect record.

:p

Balkis is banned.

PurpleJesus
10-18-2012, 04:41 AM
stopped reading after bold part

Well, if you continued to read, you would see he has a point...I dont really agree with it (yet I agree with some of it), he still brings up some good points.

JEDean89
10-18-2012, 05:52 AM
too bad wolves fans, this team would have been a lot of fun to watch this year but the idea that this is a 500 team without love and rubio (their 2 best players) when they have never been a 500 team is ridiculous. the west is stacked this year, sacremento, gsw and phoenix will all be trying to make the playoffs. their division is stacked and will have many tough games against them. perhaps you guys get a good lotto pick and get a good wing scorer for next year.

knicksfan42
10-18-2012, 06:43 AM

Warriors:

Curry
Thompson
Barnes
Lee
Bogut

Jarret Jack
Rush
Jefferson
Carl Landry
Biedrins

Off the bench

Gotta worry about them too.

beasted86
10-18-2012, 08:03 AM
I guess this and Rubio's recovery will be the crutch in the "why the Wolves missed the playoffs but Love is still a top 5 player" discussion.

Had to say it because it is true.

Swashcuff
10-18-2012, 09:05 AM
Saw a certain idiotic poster came in here and commented on the thread and I expected an equally idiotic post from him. Guess what there it is. Living up to his reputation :clap:

Oefarmy2005
10-18-2012, 09:09 AM
say a certain idiotic poster came in here and commented on the thread and i expected an equally idiotic post from him. Guess what there it is. Living up to his reputation :clap:

lmao!!!

Da Knicks
10-18-2012, 09:44 AM
This sucks for wolves fans but atleast now they will find out what they have with Williams.

D-Leethal
10-18-2012, 10:23 AM
Where would you guys draft Love in fantasy this year given his injury? 2nd round? 3rd round? I plan on picking him up just because getting him anywhere past first round is a steal regardless of the injury in my book.

THE MTL
10-18-2012, 11:15 AM
I wonder what that does to his fantasy stock lol. But anyway, that sucks hopefully Brandon Roy can turn back the clock for the month of November.

Foye
10-18-2012, 12:39 PM
too bad wolves fans, this team would have been a lot of fun to watch this year but the idea that this is a 500 team without love and rubio (their 2 best players) when they have never been a 500 team is ridiculous. the west is stacked this year, sacremento, gsw and phoenix will all be trying to make the playoffs. their division is stacked and will have many tough games against them. perhaps you guys get a good lotto pick and get a good wing scorer for next year.

Lol. Phoenix isn't going anywhere. 30 wins max.

Im_in_Mia_bish
10-18-2012, 01:29 PM
this changed my fantasy goals.

kdspurman
10-18-2012, 02:06 PM
Hopefully it's a quicker recovery than expected.. Looks like it may be 5-6 but guess we'll see.

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA
After meeting with doctor in N.Y., there appears real chance Kevin Love could return within 5 to 6 weeks from broken hand, source tells Y!

torocan
10-18-2012, 02:21 PM
Tough break for the TWolves. First Rubio, now Love.

Hope he's back into form afterwards relatively quickly. Recovering from a broken hand can really mess up shooting for a while.

Will be a dog fight for them to get into the playoffs. Not impossible, but definitely an uphill battle.

topdog
10-18-2012, 02:27 PM
Tough break for the TWolves. First Rubio, now Love.

Hope he's back into form afterwards relatively quickly. Recovering from a broken hand can really mess up shooting for a while.

Will be a dog fight for them to get into the playoffs. Not impossible, but definitely an uphill battle.

:rimshot:

tbone2171
10-18-2012, 02:35 PM
Love broke hand doing knuckle push-ups

http://www.startribune.com/sports/blogs/174810791.html

You read that right. Kevin Love broke two bones in his right hand doing knuckle pushups during a workout at his condo on Wednesday with personal trainer Rob McClanaghan.

Love visited a doctor in New York, who confirmed that no surgery will be necessary. The timeline -- Love will return in 6-8 weeks -- remains in place.

PurpleJesus
10-18-2012, 02:36 PM
I guess this and Rubio's recovery will be the crutch in the "why the Wolves missed the playoffs but Love is still a top 5 player" discussion.

Had to say it because it is true.

If they miss the playoffs, you dont think that missing their two best players for a third of season is a good excuse?

Hawkeye15
10-18-2012, 02:52 PM
If they miss the playoffs, you dont think that missing their two best players for a third of season is a good excuse?

Honestly, at this point, the Wolves are running out of excuses. And they know it. That being said, yes, its a terrible streak of luck we are enduring, and hopefully Roy will beast early, Kirilenko as well, and Non coming into camp and great shape will show up on the floor. Williams is a wild card, I just don't have faith in him until he shows me something consistently.

theheatles
10-18-2012, 04:55 PM
Love broke hand doing knuckle push-ups

http://www.startribune.com/sports/blogs/174810791.html

an NBA player doing knuckle pushups :facepalm:

boxer or mma, yeah, even a football player okay, but basketball player? idiot

P Harvy
10-18-2012, 04:56 PM

Yeah Love is an idiot for doing something he's been doing all his life lmao come on stupid comment. Just an unlucky break, thats all. (no pun intended)

Hawkeye15
10-18-2012, 05:11 PM

Love has been doing them since grade school. Its why he has extremely strong hands, which has helped him in rebounding and outlet passing.

I was trying to re-create what may have happened, and he must have been going at a high rate, and bent his hand one way or another. I mean, he has done thousands upon thousands of these types of pushups, and all of a sudden now he gets an injury? Weird.

Cromedome
10-18-2012, 05:27 PM
Uh oh.

If Love is out for too long.... the Wolves have no hope/chance at winning the championship this year.

DR_1
10-18-2012, 06:10 PM
Step 1: Love breaks hand
Step 2: Wolves playoffs
Step 3: Love requests trade to Chicago

Book it!

:dance:

tbone2171
10-18-2012, 08:30 PM
Step 1: Love breaks hand
Step 2: Wolves playoffs
Step 3: Love requests trade to Chicago

Book it!

:dance:

Not if the Bulls suck...saw them in a preseason game and wow did they look atrocious. Can't believe I saw Marko Jaric and Vlad Radmanovic on an NBA roster!

chicagocubsfan
10-18-2012, 10:11 PM
Not if the Bulls suck...saw them in a preseason game and wow did they look atrocious. Can't believe I saw Marko Jaric and Vlad Radmanovic on an NBA roster!

You don't think D Rose and Love would be amazing together?

Guppyfighter
10-18-2012, 10:17 PM
He was doing knuckle push-ups to punch someone really hard.

thechom80
10-18-2012, 10:37 PM
He was doing knuckle push-ups to punch someone really hard.

Either that or he did actually punch somebody and they are using his knuckle push ups as a cover. Is Barea missing half his face?? Someone look into that.