PDA

View Full Version : Do the Knicks have what it takes to win the 2nd seed?

DanG
10-17-2012, 01:46 PM
The East is very open after Miami. Can NYK get the 2nd seed and make something happen in the playoffs? Carmelo was injured last year and they couldn't do **** against Miami. Now with signing Kidd, Camby, Felton, Wallace, Brewer they got more leadership and their defense will look good.

Kidd
Shumpert
Anthony (Looks in very good shape right now)
Stoudemire
Chandler

Bench: Brewer, Camby, Felton, Wallace, Thomas, Prigioni, White

Key Role Players: Novak, J.R Smith

Now if Stoudemire and Melo will bring it and have a good shooting year and Novak, J.R start hitting three's they can be very good.

Carmelo http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mb9m5tuDjs1r2br17o2_400.png

waveycrockett
10-17-2012, 01:47 PM
I hope this is a joke. Of course not. And Shumpert blew out his knee dont know why you listed him.

Chronz
10-17-2012, 01:51 PM
I want to believe, but I just shudder at the thought of that fan base letting any remote success get to their head. I can see them being 2nd in their division, isnt that an accomplishment in itself?

NYKnickFanatic
10-17-2012, 01:52 PM
2nd seed? No.

I expect them to be 4th or 5th seed, hopefully.

NYKnickFanatic
10-17-2012, 01:53 PM
I want to believe, but I just shudder at the thought of that fan base letting any remote success get to their head. I can see them being 2nd in their division, isnt that an accomplishment in itself?

That is more believable, but who knows. Tough division this year, Nets look solid.

KnickaBocka.44
10-17-2012, 01:54 PM
I don't think they will, but I think if they can avoid the injury bug then they have what it takes to win the 2nd seed as the question asked.

gaughan333
10-17-2012, 01:57 PM
The knicks are garbage, no they will not get the second seed.

waveycrockett
10-17-2012, 01:57 PM
I don't think they will, but I think if they can avoid the injury bug then they have what it takes to win the 2nd seed as the question asked.

They are the oldest team ever in the history of the game. There is 0% chance they avoid the injury bug. They practically will be infested with injury bugs.

Rockice_8
10-17-2012, 01:58 PM
Can they sure, will they unlikely. Still yet to see Amare/Melo gel the way they should and until then they are underachievers. 4-6 is my guess.

And get your team right, Felton is starting and Shump is out for half the year. The SG spot will be either Brewer or Kidd I guess.

KnickaBocka.44
10-17-2012, 02:01 PM
They are the oldest team ever in the history of the game. There is 0% chance they avoid the injury bug. They practically will be infested with injury bugs.

Their old players are not the one's crucial to their success. They are the one's who will fill in if there is an injury. Camby and Kidd are the only old players who will be a part of the rotation playing double digit minutes.

Rockice_8
10-17-2012, 02:05 PM
Their old players are not the one's crucial to their success. They are the one's who will fill in if there is an injury. Camby and Kidd are the only old players who will be a part of the rotation playing double digit minutes.

I would consider them crucial to your success then. If Chandler goes down for a substantial amount of time I could see the Knicks struggling. Camby is a nice backup for 8-10 min but having him starting with no solid backup is going to be bad news.

Plus Chandler is the heart and soul of the D, he needs to be there to keep these slackers in check.

NYKnickFanatic

Couldn't have said it better myself.

ink
Can't see it.

waveycrockett
10-17-2012, 02:06 PM

Their 2nd best player has been injury plagued over the years, their young SG blew out his knee and Carmelo has been no picture of health himself either.

ManningToTyree
10-17-2012, 02:09 PM
Yes. Will they? probably not. Top 4 seed imo.

JordansBulls
10-17-2012, 02:09 PM
How do you win the 2nd seed? You mean get the 2nd seed?

Honestly I think they have enough to get the 1st seed in the conference. No one thought the Bulls would get the #1 seed in 2011. In fact most had them 4th. And in 2012 many thought Miami would be the top seed as well.

In reality in the East right now, #1 seed isn't a concern much for Miami.

KnickaBocka.44
10-17-2012, 02:12 PM
Their 2nd best player has been injury plagued over the years, their young SG blew out his knee and Carmelo has been no picture of health himself either.

Which is why I said "If they can avoid the injury bug" in my first post.

KnickaBocka.44
10-17-2012, 02:13 PM
I would consider them crucial to your success then. If Chandler goes down for a substantial amount of time I could see the Knicks struggling. Camby is a nice backup for 8-10 min but having him starting with no solid backup is going to be bad news.

Plus Chandler is the heart and soul of the D, he needs to be there to keep these slackers in check.

The main point was to let Wavey know that outside of those 2 players, the Knicks rotation isn't exceptionally old. However, if people don't understand this by now then they never will, the point has been :horse:

KnickFanSince91
10-17-2012, 02:13 PM
#2 is just the first place loser. Who cares?

Hawkeye15
10-17-2012, 02:15 PM
Can they? Possibly. Move Melo to the 4, and bring Amare off the bench. Make sure last season's defense wasn't a mirage. And stay healthy. That is the only way I see it possible.

I have Indiana, and Boston ahead of them for sure. They will be fighting Brooklyn, Philly, and maybe even Chicago for that last HCA spot.

Rockice_8
10-17-2012, 02:17 PM
The main point was to let Wavey know that outside of those 2 players, the Knicks rotation isn't exceptionally old. However, if people don't understand this by now then they never will, the point has been :horse:

Yeah I know what you were doing and the old part is a bit over blown, I agree. I was just pointing out how important Chandler is though. Without him the Knicks are in trouble. Without him that does put alot of pressure on guys that probably can't handle it.

Rockice_8
10-17-2012, 02:18 PM
#2 is just the first place loser. Who cares?

Yep learned that from my 3rd grade No Fear shirt.

KnickaBocka.44
10-17-2012, 02:25 PM
Yeah I know what you were doing and the old part is a bit over blown, I agree. I was just pointing out how important Chandler is though. Without him the Knicks are in trouble. Without him that does put alot of pressure on guys that probably can't handle it.

Oh trust me, all of us Knick fans know how important Chandler is.

Jetsguy
10-17-2012, 02:45 PM
who cares, what does the 2nd seed even mean?

koreancabbage
10-17-2012, 02:45 PM
if they hold together, no injuries and still maintain that great defense?

yes.

Nycbball08
10-17-2012, 02:47 PM
lol...its threads like this that bring out the Knick haters, if Miami or LA got hit with this injury bug they could end up in the 7th or 8th seed...with this in mind anything is possible... I know that non of y'all can predict what will happen...at the end of the day everything that we post is just our opinion...

29$JerZ
10-17-2012, 02:49 PM

We;ve been 2nd in our division the last 2 seasons.
That's only an accomplishment to Dolan since he is a business man. Fans want better.

oak2455
Cool a Knicks thread win the east ..... Have a great day

nycericanguy

That can be said of any team, "take away so and so and this team will struggle".

Camby is one of the better backup centers in the league though, they can withstand an injury or two.

Can they get the #2 seed? well they have a chance just like BOS, IND, etc... I will take the field and say they don't get the #2 seed, but they have the talent to do so.

Dade County
10-17-2012, 03:02 PM
The knicks are loaded... I see them starting the season really good, then the injuries get them ( because of old age ), but then they finish the season strong.

The Knicks will make it to the semi finals this season... I actually think the HEAT & Knicks will meet in the ECF, but I haven't seen the script.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
10-17-2012, 03:04 PM
I'm going to be honest, what have they done that makes them 5 seeds better than they were last season?

JNoel
10-17-2012, 03:09 PM
They really have the team on paper to accomplish it, but a couple injuries and botched chemistry is what will ultimately prevent this from happening.

JordansBulls
I'm going to be honest, what have they done that makes them 5 seeds better than they were last season?

They got a better coach in Woodson who is defensive oriented. They were 18-24 with D'Antoni and 18-6 with Woodson. They lost Lin and Shumpert but gained Brewer, Kidd, Felton, Camby and Rasheed. That is clearly a better squad and they got training camp this season as well.

29$JerZ

Replaced awful young players with decent/solid older role players.
Actually have 3 Pg's to run the offense as opposed to none all of last season.
Almost healthy. Melo is actually in good shape and I can't see Amar'e play as bad as he did last year with actual PG's to help him out.

Is it enough to move 5 seeds higher?
Not sure but the Knicks are vastly improved from last season. That was the worse effort/product the Knicks put out and they still managed to finish strong.

I still see us as a 5th seed but we are definitely still the 2nd best team in our division behind Boston.

xxplayerxx23
10-17-2012, 03:17 PM
Do they have what it takes? 100 percent yes, this team is very deep and very talented. I think they will be anywhere from 2-5, Prob 4.

xxplayerxx23
10-17-2012, 03:19 PM

1. First full year with Amare and Melo, TC etc.
2. Added depth
3. Short season, Amare and Melo both missed at least 8+ games, I think Melo missed 12-15 IIRC
4. Not saying we will but, the talent is there to beat anybody in the east.

king4day
10-17-2012, 03:20 PM
I think they're capable. I don't know that they will though. IMO, Boston will. But NY is just as capable.

jmoney85
10-17-2012, 03:24 PM
no way they get the 2 seed

strahan92osi72
10-17-2012, 03:26 PM

LOL LOL LOL... wait this was a joke, right?:eyebrow:

Hawkeye15
10-17-2012, 03:28 PM
I honestly don't see Melo/Amare ever forming chemistry, which is why I think they need to start Melo at the 4, and bring Amare off the bench.

xxplayerxx23
10-17-2012, 03:29 PM
no way they get the 2 seed

Knicks>Nets.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
Replaced awful young players with decent/solid older role players.

I liked the Camby signing, but there's really nothing else that stands out. Sure they got Ronnie Brewer, but was he that much better than Fields? Fields is the better offensive player but not by much. Brewer's definitely a better defender but is that really a huge improvement?

Actually have 3 Pg's to run the offense as opposed to none all of last season.
Almost healthy. Melo is actually in good shape and I can't see Amar'e play as bad as he did last year with actual PG's to help him out.

Those three point guards are a 39 year old who just came off his worse season, another player who just had his worse season and has had problems staying in shape as of late and a 35 year old rookie. I find this a pretty big downgrade from Lin last season because without "Linsanity", the Knicks aren't even in the playoffs.

As for Carmelo he just came off his worse season as well. It's looked pretty clear that Carmelo and Amar'e on the court playing on the same team is still a dumb idea. Throw in Woodson Iso ball and Amar'e may turn into a completely worthless player.

Is it enough to move 5 seeds higher?
Not sure but the Knicks are vastly improved from last season. That was the worse effort/product the Knicks put out and they still managed to finish strong.

I still see us as a 5th seed but we are definitely still the 2nd best team in our division behind Boston.
As of right now I'd have them about 6th finishing behind Boston and Philly in the division.

Pierzynski4Prez
Can't say no because there is no clear 2nd team after Miami. I do think that this year is there best year to compete for the top 2-3 spots since about 90% of their team has already peaked and/or are already on the decline, so hopefully for them they do.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
10-17-2012, 03:30 PM
LOL LOL LOL... wait this was a joke, right?:eyebrow:

Knicks>Nets.

Care to elaborate guys?

Hawkeye15
10-17-2012, 03:31 PM
Can't say no because there is no clear 2nd team after Miami. I do think that this year is there best year to compete for the top 2-3 spots since about 90% of their team has already peaked and/or are already on the decline, so hopefully for them they do.

great point.

nycericanguy
10-17-2012, 03:34 PM
I liked the Camby signing, but there's really nothing else that stands out. Sure they got Ronnie Brewer, but was he that much better than Fields? Fields is the better offensive player but not by much. Brewer's definitely a better defender but is that really a huge improvement?

Those three point guards are a 39 year old who just came off his worse season, another player who just had his worse season and has had problems staying in shape as of late and a 35 year old rookie. I find this a pretty big downgrade from Lin last season because without "Linsanity", the Knicks aren't even in the playoffs.

As for Carmelo he just came off his worse season as well. It's looked pretty clear that Carmelo and Amar'e on the court playing on the same team is still a dumb idea. Throw in Woodson Iso ball and Amar'e may turn into a completely worthless player.

As of right now I'd have them about 6th finishing behind Boston and Philly in the division.

People answered your question but its obvious you already have your preconceived notions so why even ask?

Felton is in great shape, he was out of shape for 2 months to start last year, that doesn't negate his entire career. Do you honestly think Felton's conditioning will be an issue in NY? He never wanted to leave here and he's very happy to be back. Did you see him in the 1st two preseason games? Looks in better shape than even 2010. Has 15 assists and just 2 TO's.

The "35 year old rookie" also has been VERY impressive, he is in PHENOMENAL shape, I can see why he was compared to Nash.

The trio of Kidd/Felton/Pablo is a MASSIVE upgrade over Bibby/Douglas and 25 games of Lin.

Camby, Kidd, JR, Brewer, Pablo, Sheed, & Thomas is a MASSIVE upgrade over the bench they had last year. Keep in mind JR didn't come until later, and Novak was an unknown and didn't play until later on also.

And of course they will have a steady head coach and an actual training camp, last year they were a team literally thrown together.

ManningToTyree
10-17-2012, 03:41 PM
People do realize Shumpert is expected to return in January right?

B'sCeltsPatsSox
10-17-2012, 03:46 PM
People answered your question but its obvious you already have your preconceived notions.

Felton is in great shape, he was out of shape for 2 months to start last year, that doesn't negate his entire career. Do you honestly think Felton's conditioning will be an issue in NY? He never wanted to leave here and he's very happy to be back. Did you see him in the 1st two preseason games? Looks in better shape than even 2010. Has 15 assists and just 2 TO's.

The "35 year old rookie" also has been VERY impressive, he is in PHENOMENAL shape, I can see why he was compared to Nash.

The trio of Kidd/Felton/Pablo is a MASSIVE upgrade over Bibby/Douglas and 25 games of Lin.

Camby, Kidd, JR, Brewer, Pablo, Sheed, & Thomas is a MASSIVE upgrade over the bench they had last year. Keep in mind JR didn't come until later, and Novak was an unknown and didn't play until later on also.

And of course they will have a steady head coach and an actual training camp

A lot of this post is based off of preseason games. Hell wasn't Pablo on the floor at the end of the preseason game against the Celtics where the Celtics had 4 guys on the court that will only see garbage time this season? Sure they've looked good, but it's been 2 preseason games. Whoever is going to be starting at PG for the Knicks will be the worse starting PG in the division, and near the bottom of the conference.

Outside of JR and Camby, the bench really isn't that impressive. Rasheed Wallace hasn't payed a game in over 2 years and is in his late 30's, Thomas will make a very minimal impact if any coming off the bench. Brewer and Kidd are fine if they're coming off the bench but shouldn't be getting starting minutes.

seikou8
10-17-2012, 03:46 PM
People answered your question but its obvious you already have your preconceived notions so why even ask?

And of course they will have a steady head coach and an actual training camp, last year they were a team literally thrown together.

ding ding we have a winner thank you for saving me the time

29$JerZ
10-17-2012, 03:47 PM

Fields was horrendous last year. His offense was non existent. And his defense was decent at best.

These were his percentages from Year 1 and Last season.

Rookie Season
FG% - 50%
3P% - 39%
FT% 76%

Last Season
FG% - 46%
3P% - 25%
FT% 56%

Fields had no good role here for this team. He was counted on to be a jump shooter and he was terrible. Ronnie isn't an improvement offensively but defensively he more than makes up for the loss of Fields and Shumpert for half a season. Offensively we won't be much of a scoring team from the 2, it's all on our PG's, Tyson's efficiency and of course Novak/Melo/STAT.

While I agree Knicks don't make the playoffs without Lin helping us when he did the Knicks don't make the playoffs if Melo doesn't have that amazing April which had no Lin and Stat missing plenty of games. Knicks were winning many different ways and finally fixed their biggest hole at PG. Losing Lin for nothing was ******** but we at least didn't get stuck with Bibby/Douglas like Guards for this team.

The PG's age thing is overblown. Kidd even at this age is still capable of running a team and hitting open 3's which is all he is going to have to do for NY. Last season STAT and Chandler had Bibby/Douglas as their PG's who never got them any sort of open looks. Felton/Kidd even after a down year are immense improvements as floor generals compared to those 2. And STAT is useless without a competent PG helping him out, Felton/Prigioni/Kidd have all shown this preseason they are more than adequate at PG so that position is not an issue at all.

And I agree, I'm not a fan of Woodson and his JR Smith love or Iso play.
That's why it was important for the Knicks to get real PG's.

Is it enough to get the 2 seed? Doubtful but they are much better than last year. Kidd/Felton had bad seasons but they are still immense upgrades over how awful both Bibby and Douglas was. Not to mention they both are healthier than what Baron was last season too. I understand why people just look at who we signed at PG and think nothing much but what I've laid out is why its not as bad as people make it out to be,

nycericanguy
10-17-2012, 03:48 PM
A lot of this post is based off of preseason games. Hell wasn't Pablo on the floor at the end of the preseason game against the Celtics where the Celtics had 4 guys on the court that will only see garbage time this season? Sure they've looked good, but it's been 2 preseason games. Whoever is going to be starting at PG for the Knicks will be the worse starting PG in the division, and near the bottom of the conference.

Outside of JR and Camby, the bench really isn't that impressive. Rasheed Wallace hasn't payed a game in over 2 years and is in his late 30's, Thomas will make a very minimal impact if any coming off the bench. Brewer and Kidd are fine if they're coming off the bench but shouldn't be getting starting minutes.

Actually its not, Felton is in great shape period. Pablo is 35 but in amazing shape. None of that is based off preseason.

Agree that Sheed & Thomas won't contribute much, but they are the 13th and 14th players. You don't need or expect production there.

Their regular rotation bench is Novak, JR, Brewer, Camby, Kidd & Pablo. That puts them at 11 deep, more than enough. Novak has turned into a deadly weapon BTW, any team would LOVE to have him on the bench.

Ebbs
10-17-2012, 03:50 PM
Yea if they play to their potential absolutely

jmoney85
10-17-2012, 03:50 PM
Actually its not, Felton is in great shape period. Pablo is 35 but in amazing shape. None of that is based off preseason.

Agree that Sheed & Thomas won't contribute much, but they are the 13th and 14th players. You don't need or expect production there.

Their regular rotation bench is Novak, JR, Brewer, Camby, Kidd & Pablo. That puts them at 11 deep, more than enough. Novak has turned into a deadly weapon BTW, any team would LOVE to have him on the bench.

im sorry but that bench rotation looks AWFUL

nycericanguy
10-17-2012, 03:52 PM
im sorry but that bench rotation looks AWFUL

Love your sig

jmoney85
10-17-2012, 08:46 PM
Love your sig

im actually serious and not trolling

xxplayerxx23
10-17-2012, 08:47 PM
How ironic, a net fan talking about a bad bench.

nycericanguy
10-17-2012, 08:49 PM
im actually serious and not trolling

sure buddy ;)

Chill_Will_24
10-17-2012, 08:56 PM
Possibly but they will have to avoid injuries at all costs

Kashmir13579
10-17-2012, 09:02 PM
If they can stay healthy, why not?

jmoney85
10-17-2012, 09:07 PM
How ironic, a net fan talking about a bad bench.

nets have one of the best benches in the nba

NYsFinest
10-17-2012, 09:09 PM

Nets back up center is Andre Blatche...and Lopez played 5 games last year. Camby played close to 30 mpg last year btw.

And I don't know where you get that the Knicks are slackers on defense. Shumpert and Brewer are top defensive wings, guys like Kidd and Felton are no chumps on defense and vets like Thomas, Camby, Sheed are all solid defenders. This will be a top 5 defensive team in the NBA.

leprechaun5
10-17-2012, 09:10 PM
21 people voted YES :facepalm:

NYsFinest
10-17-2012, 09:11 PM
nets have one of the best benches in the nba

There is about 8 Nets fans on this site... and 6 of them are complete morons. Not even homers, just flat out retards that make me very worried about the younger generation in this country.

NYsFinest
10-17-2012, 09:14 PM
21 people voted YES :facepalm:

Question is CAN they, not WILL they...

uprightciti
10-17-2012, 09:19 PM
the answer is very simple...YES

jmoney85
10-17-2012, 09:20 PM
There is about 8 Nets fans on this site... and 6 of them are complete morons. Not even homers, just flat out retards that make me very worried about the younger generation in this country.

you can think what you want but I know the nets have a top bench...we are 13 deep with quality

beasted86
10-17-2012, 09:23 PM
Yes. They have enough talent offensively and defensively.... I just don't think they will actually reach their potential. I see the Knicks as a 5th seed.

Chill_Will_24
10-17-2012, 09:23 PM
Nets back up center is Andre Blatche...and Lopez played 5 games last year. Camby played close to 30 mpg last year btw.

And I don't know where you get that the Knicks are slackers on defense. Shumpert and Brewer are top defensive wings, guys like Kidd and Felton are no chumps on defense and vets like Thomas, Camby, Sheed are all solid defenders. This will be a top 5 defensive team in the NBA.

What does this thread have to do with the Nets or their fans?

jmoney85
10-17-2012, 09:25 PM

thomas camby and sheed need to be put in a retirement home....sheed hasnt even played a game in 2 years

felton shumpert and brewer are good defensive players but whos going to create efficient offense off the bench other than a guy who can only hit open jumpers and JR headcase smith who chucks up terrible shots time after time?

beasted86
10-17-2012, 09:27 PM
Funny how Knicks' fans response to all criticism is that the comment maker's favorite team has no fans or are threatened.... They run the same schtick with Miami, Boston, Chicago, and Nets fans alike. You'd think they would switch up their M.O. but they don't.

xxplayerxx23
10-17-2012, 09:27 PM
:laugh2: 1. Camby is prob the best backup center in the game. 2. JR a headcase yes but Lol what do you call Blatche? Anyway back on topic, def can will they it would be diffcult.

DoMeFavors
10-17-2012, 09:28 PM
I voted no, maybe if this was 2007 when most were in their primes. But its way past then, so far Kidd has shot like 20% from the field, all the old guys cant even play they are so old. Amare is hurt. So I voted no, they arent going to get run up on and all over by the Nets.

jmoney85
10-17-2012, 09:30 PM
:laugh2: 1. Camby is prob the best backup center in the game. 2. JR a headcase yes but Lol what do you call Blatche? Anyway back on topic, def can will they it would be diffcult.

blatche never had a stable locker room in his entire career... if he stays on track he will be much better than camby but either way this isnt knicks vs nets like knicks fans always want to make it when somebody gives an opinion about their team

Chill_Will_24
10-17-2012, 09:33 PM
Funny how Knicks' fans response to all criticism is that the comment maker's favorite team has no fans or are threatened.... They run the same schtick with Miami, Boston, Chicago, and Nets fans alike. You'd think they would switch up their M.O. but they don't.

I do not get it. You would think that with all the experiences the have had with DMF they would know better than to allow themselves to be baited into this crap. Please ignore this DMF imitator and stick to the topic.

The Knicks have an interesting squad. I do not think they will get the second seed but they certainly can do it if they avoid injuries.

These "old guys" that people keep taking about were not signed so that NY could contend in the future. The were signed because their experience will help them contend NOW.

Will they contend with MIA and BOS... i do not see it happening but that does not matter. Their intent is to win now so their veteran signings should not be a point of mockery. It should be a point of discussion.

Chill_Will_24
10-17-2012, 09:34 PM
I voted no, maybe if this was 2007 when most were in their primes. But its way past then, so far Kidd has shot like 20% from the field, all the old guys cant even play they are so old. Amare is hurt. So I voted no, they arent going to get run up on and all over by the Nets.

Please ignore.

bklynny67
10-17-2012, 09:34 PM
this team is gonna be the type of team where people wouldn't be surprised to see them finish 2nd, but also wouldn't be surprised to see them finish 7th.

Chill_Will_24
10-17-2012, 09:35 PM
blatche never had a stable locker room in his entire career... if he stays on track he will be much better than camby but either way this isnt knicks vs nets like knicks fans always want to make it when somebody gives an opinion about their team

Please ignore.

DoMeFavors
10-17-2012, 09:36 PM
Please ignore

Oh so Jason Kidd, Rasheed Wallace, Camby are in their 07 form?

knicks=love
10-17-2012, 09:37 PM
Oh so Jason Kidd, Rasheed Wallace, Camby are in their 07 form?

but andre blatche is the next coming of jesus..

jmoney85
10-17-2012, 09:37 PM
Please ignore.

excuse me?

DoMeFavors
10-17-2012, 09:39 PM
excuse me?

Instead of backing up his fellow Net fans, he wants to look good infront of Knick fans the ones who bash his team all the time.

DoMeFavors

He has been great.

seikou8
:horse:

jmoney85
10-17-2012, 09:40 PM

andray blatche has a better chance of becoming jesus than any of those senior citizens returning to 07 form

Chill_Will_24
Instead of backing up his fellow Net fans, he wants to look good infront of Knick fans the ones who bash his team all the time.

Spare me. What is there to back up? Your idiotic attempts to derail yet another thread?

xxplayerxx23

No chance, Blatche sucks lol.All I said is its Ironic that a net fan would call somebody elses team's bench bad.

jmoney85
10-17-2012, 09:41 PM
Spare me. What is there to back up? Your idiotic attempts to derail yet another thread?

you can start by stating how my opinions were "idiotic"?

knicks=love
10-17-2012, 09:42 PM
He has been great.

...in the preseason.

andray blatche has a better chance of becoming jesus than any of those senior citizens returning to 07 form

andre blatche is garbage. and i never said anything about the knicks bench, so not sure why you're trying to bring them into this conversation.

DoMeFavors
10-17-2012, 09:42 PM

It is called opinions, in every thread are we supposed to agree? Are we supposed to say "yes" to every thing?

jmoney85
10-17-2012, 09:43 PM
...in the preseason.

andre blatche is garbage. and i never said anything about the knicks bench, so not sure why you're trying to bring them into this conversation.

andray blatche is garbage??... really??

knicks=love
10-17-2012, 09:44 PM

there ya go.

knicks=love
10-17-2012, 09:44 PM
andray blatche is garbage??... really??

would you care for me to spell it out for you?

jmoney85
10-17-2012, 09:45 PM
...in the preseason.

the last 2 pages of this thread were about the knicks bench... try to keep up

Chill_Will_24
10-17-2012, 09:45 PM

I did not state that your opinions are idiotic. I do not like to state obvious things. I called your attempts to derail this thread with yet more Knicks vs Nets bull **** idiotic.

This thread had nothing to do with the Nets. You could have just said your piece that you do not think so and left. No baiting needed.

DoMeFavors
10-17-2012, 09:46 PM

Andray Blatche does help put the other players on our team in garbage minutes because he is going to make sure Nets win by 20 every night.

knicks=love
10-17-2012, 09:47 PM
the last 2 pages of this thread were about the knicks bench... try to keep up

i haven't been on PSD all day..

knicks=love
Andray Blatche does help put the other players on our team in garbage minutes because he is going to make sure Nets win by 20 every night.

:laugh:

jmoney85

please dont.... you have already misspelled andray about 3 times

DoMeFavors
10-17-2012, 09:48 PM
I did not state that your opinions are idiotic. I do not like to state obvious things. I called your attempts to derail this thread with yet more Knicks vs Nets bull **** idiotic.

This thread had nothing to do with the Nets. You could have just said your piece that you do not think so and left. No baiting needed.

How does it have nothing to do with the Nets? This is about do Knicks have what it takes to win the 2nd seed? And no they dont not with THE NETS in their conference. Nets have the better players.

Chill_Will_24
10-17-2012, 09:48 PM
It is called opinions, in every thread are we supposed to agree? Are we supposed to say "yes" to every thing?

You can say no and leave. No need to bash players or how a team runs their business particular with how passionate and defensive Knicks fans can get. You know what you are doing. I do not need to explain this.

You are an exceptionally certified troll. Glad to see your doing something productive with our life.

jmoney85
10-17-2012, 09:50 PM

Im not the one who started the knicks vs nets mumbo jumbo in this thread... I simply stated my opinion on the how I think the knicks wont get the two seed and I was jumped on by knicks fans

knicks=love
10-17-2012, 09:51 PM
please dont.... you have already misspelled andray about 3 times

twice.. good comeback though. :facepalm:

Chill_Will_24
10-17-2012, 09:52 PM
How does it have nothing to do with the Nets? This is about do Knicks have what it takes to win the 2nd seed? And no they dont not with THE NETS in their conference. Nets have the better players.

Like i said. You know what you are doing. I am not one of these kids one here that will fall for your clever trolling methods.

seikou8
10-17-2012, 09:52 PM

ok if you say so:rolleyes:

knicks=love
10-17-2012, 09:56 PM

when was the last time the nets were relevant? when was the last time this nets team played an actual game that actually COUNTED where winning actually meant something?

and saying the nets have the better players.. that's an opinion.

felton < deron
brewer < JJ
melo > wallace
amare > humps
chandler > lopez

we have the advantage in 3/5 of the starting lineup. but the nets players are better right.. :facepalm:

jmoney85
10-17-2012, 09:58 PM
knicks fans make it a battle of knicks vs nets again smh

Chill_Will_24
10-17-2012, 09:59 PM
Im not the one who started the knicks vs nets mumbo jumbo in this thread... I simply stated my opinion on the how I think the knicks wont get the two seed and I was jumped on by knicks fans

As i recall you called their bench awful. What is your reasoning for that beside their age (which has not been an issue for the Celtics or Spurs or the Mavs when they won).

You do not have to fall pray to Knicks fans taunts. You can't get mad everytime someone says Knicks>Nets

Nets have had a losing reputation for years now. Only the play on the court will change that perception, not your mindless back and forth with Knicks fans.

Chill_Will_24
10-17-2012, 10:01 PM
when was the last time the nets were relevant? when was the last time this nets team played an actual game that actually COUNTED where winning actually meant something?

felton < deron
brewer < JJ
melo > wallace
amare > humps
chandler > lopez

we have the advantage in 3/5 of the starting lineup. but the nets players are better right.. :facepalm:

This is also opinion. Popular opinion but opinion nonetheless. I still believe that Lopez has the tools to be a better player than Tyson Chandler but that is simply MY opinion.

jmoney85
10-17-2012, 10:05 PM
As i recall you called their bench awful. What is your reasoning for that beside their age (which has not been an issue for the Celtics or Spurs or the Mavs when they won).

You do not have to fall pray to Knicks fans taunts. You can get mad everytime someone says Knicks>Nets

Nets have had a losing reputation for years now. Only the play on the court will change that perception, not your mindless back and forth with Knicks fans.

me calling their bench awful has nothing to do with the nets

and the celtics spurs or mavs were not nearly as old as Kidd Thomas camby and rasheed wallace

DoMeFavors
10-17-2012, 10:07 PM

felton < deron
brewer < JJ
melo > wallace
amare > humps
chandler > lopez

Well actually we do since Lopez is better than Chandler, but I know im not going to convince you. The difference of Deron and JJ over Felton and Brewer is a lot bigger than the difference of Melo and Amare and Wallace and Hump.

DoMeFavors
10-17-2012, 10:09 PM

and the celtics spurs or mavs were not nearly as old as Kidd Thomas camby and rasheed wallace

He actually keeps the conversation going when he replys to Net fans like he is the peace maker for us.

TheIlladelph16
10-17-2012, 10:11 PM
This is also opinion. Popular opinion but opinion nonetheless. I still believe that Lopez has the tools to be a better player than Tyson Chandler but that is simply MY opinion.

Chill Will you have fully changed my jaded perception of the Nets fan base that trolls like DMF have helped create. Thank you for restoring the faith haha:clap:

Bringing this back to the actual topic though... I do believe that the Knicks have the talent to be a 2-4 seed. They have a solid all-around roster, and despite an older bench, a deep rotation with experience. The only concern would have to be the age of some of their key bench/rotation pieces, but assuming reasonable health they should be fine on that. Melo is just as talented as any player not named Lebron James, but he has to take his team to the next level or I believe the blame should fall squarely on his shoulders.

I don't, however, believe they will ultimately get the 2nd seed. The East got better this past year, especially the Atlantic where there could be 4 or 5 playoff teams. Miami and Boston are both clearly superior teams at this point, and NYK will have to battle it out with Brooklyn, Philly, Indiana, etc. for a high seed. All of those teams are just as good or better than last year, so I guess we will see.

Chill_Will_24
10-17-2012, 10:12 PM

You are missing the point and i am done spelling it out for you. Enjoy your personal war with Knicks fans

Chill_Will_24
10-17-2012, 10:16 PM
He actually keeps the conversation going when he replys to Net fans like he is the peace maker for us.

I honestly could care less. You wanna get torn apart by Knicks fans foolish enough to pay you mind then have fun. I find you entertaining. I really do.

Chill_Will_24
10-17-2012, 10:20 PM
Chill Will you have fully changed my jaded perception of the Nets fan base that trolls like DMF have helped create. Thank you for restoring the faith haha:clap:

Bringing this back to the actual topic though... I do believe that the Knicks have the talent to be a 2-4 seed. They have a solid all-around roster, and despite an older bench, a deep rotation with experience. The only concern would have to be the age of some of their key bench/rotation pieces, but assuming reasonable health they should be fine on that. Melo is just as talented as any player not named Lebron James, but he has to take his team to the next level or I believe the blame should fall squarely on his shoulders.

I don't, however, believe they will ultimately get the 2nd seed. The East got better this past year, especially the Atlantic where there could be 4 or 5 playoff teams. Miami and Boston are both clearly superior teams at this point, and NYK will have to battle it out with Brooklyn, Philly, Indiana, etc. for a high seed. All of those teams are just as good or better than last year, so I guess we will see.

Eh just stay healthy. Do enough to secure homecourt and then ride your veterans and stars as far as you can. I honestly do not like Amare. I feel he is your undoing. Hopefully for you guys last year was just an aberration.

I honestly do not see him and Melo ever working out together. Let's see if Woodson can prove me wrong.

Guppyfighter
10-17-2012, 10:20 PM
This is a dumb thread.

jmoney85
10-17-2012, 10:22 PM
You are missing the point and i am done spelling it out for you. Enjoy your personal war with Knicks fans

I understand your point but your logic is ********

knicks=love
10-17-2012, 10:33 PM
Well actually we do since Lopez is better than Chandler, but I know im not going to convince you. The difference of Deron and JJ over Felton and Brewer is a lot bigger than the difference of Melo and Amare and Wallace and Hump.

you're not even worth arguing with because you'll never bring out good points to any argument or discussion.

Legitimate
10-17-2012, 10:36 PM
No way New York would become 2nd seed. The amare and melo experiment has failed. If they get can get rid of Amare for something other than trash, I think they would be a lot better team.

TheNumber37
of course they have a shot. less than likely, but a chance. I don't even think Miami will get the 1 seed, they won't be as good defensively this year.

29$JerZ
Some people just feel the need to jam the Nets in evey conversation that has nothing to do with them.

They belong no where near discussion for 2nd best in thier division. That's New York and Philly's spot.

At least be smart.

jmoney85
10-17-2012, 10:39 PM
Some people just feel the need to jam the Nets in evey conversation that has nothing to do with them.

They belong no where near discussion for 2nd best in thier division. That's New York and Philly's spot.

At least be smart.

blame your fellow knicks fans

and

LOL @ the 2nd part of your post

DoMeFavors
10-17-2012, 10:46 PM

At least be smart.

I hope Nets can win 4th atleast!

But like you said Toronto will probably get the 8th seed over the Nets.

Hardaway Here
10-17-2012, 10:48 PM
yeah i doubt it

ohreally
10-17-2012, 10:57 PM
The year hasn't started yet, so everybody has a chance at everything.

But though I've liked most all of the old guys the Knicks have signed as players throughout their careers, they are old, and there are a slew of them. Novak is a great 3 pt. shooter but can only shoot when he's wide open. JR, playing a major role, is as likely to assure a loss as he is to assure a win. Brewer is OK since he's a good defender, but saying he is more than OK is just wishful thinking. Amare is still Amare until he proves otherwise. Felton will likely start out OK and go downhill from there, just like he did when he was last on the Knicks. Melo is talking as if he's turned a new leaf, but it's easy to talk. Shumpert showed real promise defensively, but he also showed boneheadedness, and in the summer of LeBron, let's not forget, Toney Douglas was "the perfect" point guard for LeBron, even if he had already lost some of the luster of being "the best point guard in the draft," "the rookie of the year," and "a great defender"--no way to really judge a guy after a rookie season unless he is clearly spectacular, and Shump didn't really cross that threshold--before the injury.

Basically, the Knicks have proven nothing, and last year at this time they were also a deep beast of a team who would be no lower than 3rd seed.

If the old guys have enough left, the Knicks may be fine, but if a few of them need to be on the court at the same time they are going to get burned on the defensive end. And yes, Camby, too.

The Nets are a solid team, and deep, with nothing of the same age factor. Philly is going to be very good. The Celtics are still the class of the division until proven otherwise. Chicago won't be pushover even without Rose. The Wizards, with Nene back and then Wall later, could be better than anyone is giving them credit for.

Nobody knows, but I see no way that the Knicks have any more right to say they "could" be the second seed than Philly or the Nets or the Pacers do, and the Celts "should" be the 2nd seed.

Personally, and I have been a Knick fan by breeding since the championship teams (though truth be told I don't care much for Melo or Amare and my Brooklyn roots are a stronger pull than I thought they would be), I think both the Nets and Phlly are better teams than the Knicks.

calibird707
10-17-2012, 10:59 PM
I think it will be between boston and ny for the 2 seed...woodson is a solid coach and i believe melo is primed to have a career year...an in shape felton and kidd coming in off the bench is huge...they will be able to run a smoother more high percentage offense....camby coming in behind chandler is huge..prigioni also looks pretty solid in the preseason...when shumpert returns this team will be as tough as any in the east..seems like most of the hate towards the knicks on this site is meant to rile up knicks fans

justinnum1
10-17-2012, 10:59 PM
i dont think so. Maybe the 4th seed.

torocan
10-17-2012, 11:02 PM
The Knicks definitely have the POTENTIAL to get the 2nd seed...

IF they remain mostly injury free for the season...

and

IF they can sort out the Melo/STAT chemistry...

and

IF the starters and bench play up to their potential...

That said, it's alot of IF's. I still think Boston is favored to take the #2 seed if Miami ends at #1.

As for the Nets... lots of talent, but I think Chemistry will be their #1 issue. 50% of the minutes turned over from last season, and as Miami taught us, it takes TIME to gel as a team. I find it hard to see that happening right out the gate, which means a middling record for at least the first month, and possibly longer assuming they avoid injuries.

Beltrans Mole
10-17-2012, 11:05 PM
They do have what it takes to win the 2 seed...but they need everyone to stay healthy, need Shump to come back strong and need Melo/Amare to work things out. Those are all big ifs but if it happens why can't they get the 2 see? Dwight is gone and Rose is hurt. Indiana is a good team but they are not a team I necessarily fear.

Guppyfighter
10-17-2012, 11:10 PM
Knicks need to play better and have everyone play much worse. Then they have a shot at the second seed.

GiantsSwaGG
10-17-2012, 11:15 PM
Jmoney, dmf and wavey are obvious trolls. I'm starting to think they're the same person. Mods need to investigate

bklynny67
10-17-2012, 11:16 PM

I don't think its even close between Chandler and Lopez. Chandler makes a much more positive impact on a team than Lopez does. That seems obvious.

But the bolded part i think is literally the only thing you've ever said that i agree with. Deron and JJ DESTROY Felton and Brewer/Shump...... so i think that would help the Nets possibly have a better team than the Knicks this yr. Having Deron is huge. We'll see what happens though.

jmoney85
10-17-2012, 11:17 PM
Jmoney, dmf and wavey are obvious trolls. I'm starting to think they're the same person. Mods need to investigate

how am I an obvious troll? .... because I state my opinion that you may disagree with?

DoMeFavors
10-17-2012, 11:19 PM

Yeah, im back on this account now. Damn are you a detective?

STL Don
10-18-2012, 12:47 AM
Just by the simple fact that there's no other team outside the Heat currently that stick out from the rest. With Rose hurt, Dwight traded to the West and the Celtics not having Ray Allen anymore, the East has a much different look and it's too early to tell how things will play out.
The Knicks have the players to form a very successful team. I think this might be the year they take off and it'll have a lot to do obviously with Melo and Stoudemire.
Indiana is another serious threat with a lot of depth and balance through out the roster. They'll display a ton of athleticism and explosive fast break offense with solid big men in West and Hibbert.
Other teams (other than Bos/Ny) like Brooklyn, Philadelphia, Chicago could very find there way into the top seeding's if some things can go well for them as well.

boriquaabe
10-18-2012, 02:12 AM
Knicks fan here... Answer: No.

amos1er
10-18-2012, 04:24 AM
I have them as the second seed in my predictions. The curse has to have ended by now. I think that Carmelo has a lot to prove this year and is going to ball like crazy. Amare is healthy and they have a coach that can get the job done with this their particular mix of talent. Call me crazy, but Melo is my MVP prediction this season...Well, him or Durant.

xcrisisx
10-18-2012, 04:29 AM
on paper yeah offcourse
knicks, celtics, nets, bulls, pacers, sixers can all take second place out east
it depends on so many things

Guppyfighter
10-18-2012, 04:33 AM
The oldest team in NBA history to make it as the second seed? Okay.

Jenceman
10-18-2012, 04:48 AM
knicks fans make it a battle of knicks vs nets again smh

Aren't you the genius who tried to argue Lopez>Bynum?

:laugh2:

We saw how that turned out for ya.

basketfan4life
10-18-2012, 07:29 AM
Can they? Possibly. Move Melo to the 4, and bring Amare off the bench. Make sure last season's defense wasn't a mirage. And stay healthy. That is the only way I see it possible.

I have Indiana, and Boston ahead of them for sure. They will be fighting Brooklyn, Philly, and maybe even Chicago for that last HCA spot.

If Amare can't return to his 2011 form, i don't see a good future in NYC. i think there is no chance for them to get 2nd seed wiht Amara coming off the bench.

mjm07
10-18-2012, 07:34 AM
I believe they can. Melo and Stat have a lot to prove this season. As one poster mentioned, Stat coming off the bench and Melo at the 4 spot would be perfect. Unfortunately for the Knicks, I don't see Stat ever agreeing to this. Thats being said, they have solid defense, enough offense, experience, leadership to hold down the 2nd seed.

More realistically, I see Boston securing that spot.

Knicks21
10-18-2012, 07:59 AM
I reckon the 2 seed is up for grabs, Celtics have never given a **** about regular season.

Gram
10-18-2012, 08:27 AM
No. Half the players on that team will be playing bingo on the bench.

xcrisisx
10-18-2012, 08:48 AM
I believe they can. Melo and Stat have a lot to prove this season. As one poster mentioned, Stat coming off the bench and Melo would be perfect. Unfortunately for the Knicks, I don't see Stat ever agreeing to this. Thats being said, they have solid defense, enough offense, experience, leadership to hold down the 2nd seed.

More realistically, I see Boston securing that spot.

what? nooo...
you can't justify that, he makes 20 million a year and came in as the franchise player only 2 season ago and he's 29yr

Rockice_8
10-18-2012, 09:50 AM
I had Boston @ #2 but the more I think about they might slack a bit during the regular season. I could see it going like this

MIA
INDY
BK
BOS
NYK
CHI
PHI
8th (can go to about 4-5 different teams)

Da Knicks
10-18-2012, 09:59 AM

this! :clap:

basketfan4life
10-18-2012, 10:01 AM
Even 1st seed is within reach for a lot of teams in the east this year. Miami and Boston doesn't give a **** to regular season. I mean why would they? They went to the finals 2 years in a row and win one without even being the 1st seed in their conference.

Da Knicks
10-18-2012, 10:11 AM
The knicks are loaded... I see them starting the season really good, then the injuries get them ( because of old age ), but then they finish the season strong.

The Knicks will make it to the semi finals this season... I actually think the HEAT & Knicks will meet in the ECF, but I haven't seen the script.

Much respect sir, and just like you i see the nba being rigged to where i see Miami and New York in the Ecf. I say the nba wants Lakers vs Knicks this year in the finals...

D-Leethal
10-18-2012, 10:17 AM

Camby started last season and was the best per-minute rebounder in the NBA and still a stellar defender.

8-10 mins? Whered you pull that one from?

Why no mention of the Lakers age? They have 4 starters AND 6th man which are HEAVILY relied upon over 34 years old.

Celtics have 3 of their 30 mpg core pieces set to retire in 2-3 years.

Knicks starting lineup is 27-27-28-29-30. The old guys all played more minutes last year than they will be asked to this year. When Shump is back we will have a 23 yr old in there at the 2 guard.

If you weigh everyones age with the projected minutes they are set to play, they really aren't the oldest team in the NBA, that would be the heavily favored NBA Championship Lakers, yet no mention of age?

D-Leethal
10-18-2012, 10:20 AM
Knicks have a real shot at 2nd seed. Celtics have a stronger team but have old, injury prone guys who they are heavily relied upon to contribute huge minutes. Doc is also known to coast thru the regular season.

Who else is out there that makes you say 'Knicks have no shot'?

Absolutely no one. Not saying its going to happen, but outside of the C's they have a better shot than anyone.

TheIlladelph16
10-18-2012, 10:34 AM
Eh just stay healthy. Do enough to secure homecourt and then ride your veterans and stars as far as you can. I honestly do not like Amare. I feel he is your undoing. Hopefully for you guys last year was just an aberration.

I honestly do not see him and Melo ever working out together. Let's see if Woodson can prove me wrong.

I'm not a Knicks fan even remotely haha, but I agree with what your saying. It comes down to Melo finally taking the next step forward and how Amare can coexist with him.

Nycbball08
10-18-2012, 10:36 AM
People keep saying "if they can stay healthy", as if injuries only target vets.. how many young players get injured every year??.. I tell you what, I bet you every GM in this league are taking notes on this team.. their success will be the new blueprint for the entire league....old *** vets!!!!!

LongIslandIcedZ
10-18-2012, 10:39 AM
Do they have the talent to be the number 2 seed? Absolutely.

But, like everyone here knows, it takes way more than just talent to get the two seed.

I'm inclined to think they'll be the 4 seed, any less than that and I think I'd be disappointed.

METSandJETS94
10-18-2012, 10:41 AM
Talent wise they should be the second seed. Obviously the Heat should go number 1. But after that, no one is really that great.

The Bulls lost some key role players and are missing Rose for a lot of the season.
The Nets are a lot better but still aren't as good as the Knicks.
The Hawks lost Joe Johnson.
The Pacers have a good team but no real superstar.
The Celtics are getting older and aren't as good.
The Magic don't have Howard anymore.
The Sixers lost their best player, although Bynum is very good, I think they were better off with Iguodala.

This is how I see it...

1. Heat - Two of the best players in the NBA, another great player, and now good role players and bench
2. Knicks - One of the best players in the NBA, another great player, and the roster is very solid from 1-11. Possibly best bench in the NBA
3. Nets - One of the best players in the NBA, another great player, decent bench and other starters are good as well
4. Celtics - 3 very good players, although two of them are getting old. Decent bench
5. 76ers - Very solid roster but no real superstar
6. Pacers - See above
7. Hawks - Lost Joe Johnson, but got back Horford for a full season
8. Bucks - Pretty good team

The Bulls could make it based on how early Rose gets back. They could be anywhere from 2 to 9 depending on Rose.

jmoney85
10-18-2012, 10:55 AM
talent wise they should be the second seed. Obviously the heat should go number 1. But after that, no one is really that great.

The bulls lost some key role players and are missing rose for a lot of the season.
The nets are a lot better but still aren't as good as the knicks.
The hawks lost joe johnson.
The pacers have a good team but no real superstar.
The celtics are getting older and aren't as good.
The magic don't have howard anymore.
The sixers lost their best player, although bynum is very good, i think they were better off with iguodala.

This is how i see it...

1. Heat - two of the best players in the nba, another great player, and now good role players and bench
2. Knicks - one of the best players in the nba, another great player, and the roster is very solid from 1-11. possibly best bench in the nba
3. Nets - one of the best players in the nba, another great player, decent bench and other starters are good as well
4. Celtics - 3 very good players, although two of them are getting old. Decent bench
5. 76ers - very solid roster but no real superstar
6. Pacers - see above
7. Hawks - lost joe johnson, but got back horford for a full season
8. Bucks - pretty good team

the bulls could make it based on how early rose gets back. They could be anywhere from 2 to 9 depending on rose.

wow

xxplayerxx23
10-18-2012, 11:04 AM
wow

Its not as outragoues as you saying the nets have one of the best benches. Underplay Kidd, Camby as backups and Novak and Smith are good bench pieces, we aren't the best bench but were top 10.

C_Mund
10-18-2012, 11:06 AM
Yep learned that from my 3rd grade No Fear shirt.

aaaaaahahahaha....No Fear.

jmoney85
10-18-2012, 11:13 AM
Its not as outragoues as you saying the nets have one of the best benches. Underplay Kidd, Camby as backups and Novak and Smith are good bench pieces, we aren't the best bench but were top 10.

im going to tell you a few things

jason kidd < CJ watson

marcus camby< blatche

rasheed wallace< reggie evans

novak < mirza teletovic (novak can shoot the open 3 better but teletovic has a better all-around game

Jr smith > marshon brooks

that's about as deep as im going to go since I dont really know prigioni

xxplayerxx23
10-18-2012, 11:16 AM

jason kidd < CJ watson

marcus camby< blatche

novak < mirza teletovic (novak can shoot the open 3 better but teletovic has a better all-around game

First of all there is no chance at all Blatche is better then Camby. Second Novak is proven, Teletovic is not. Pringioni has some game, but Im not sure how much of a role he is going to have, he looked good in the preaseason but Im not ready to call him part of the rotation yet.

Da Knicks
10-18-2012, 11:18 AM

jason kidd < CJ watson

marcus camby< blatche

LMAO!!! DOMEFAVORS has get you wrapped up!!!

jmoney85
10-18-2012, 11:20 AM
First of all there is no chance at all Blatche is better then Camby. Second Novak is proven, Teletovic is not. Pringioni has some game, but Im not sure how much of a role he is going to have, he looked good in the preaseason but Im not ready to call him part of the rotation yet.

then we agree to disagree... I think blatche is better than camby

and how is novak proven? proven at shooting open 3's.. thats about it ... teletovic was actually euro player of the year last season

D-Leethal
10-18-2012, 11:48 AM
LOL. CJ Watson better than Kidd and Blatche better than Camby.

Thats funny. Would love to poll the NBA and get their opinion on that one.

jmoney85
10-18-2012, 11:49 AM

watson is regarded as one of / if not the best backup PG in the nba

Chill_Will_24
10-18-2012, 12:01 PM

Bledsoe by far

xxplayerxx23
10-18-2012, 12:03 PM
then we agree to disagree... I think blatche is better than camby

and how is novak proven? proven at shooting open 3's.. thats about it ... teletovic was actually euro player of the year last season

Meh, I really don't see how but I'll respect your opinion.
Well Novak shooting the 3 at such a high % forces you to have a guy on him at all times, you leave him to double Melo he is going to make you pay. Teletovic has yet to play an NBA game (Preseason doesn't show me anything which is why I wont count Priginoi) and Nba is a lot faster of a game then Europe.
On Kidd vs watson I would take kidd as well, but Watson has proven he can be a very good backup. I like that pickup a lot for the nets.

jmoney85
10-18-2012, 12:04 PM
Bledsoe by far

are basing it on upside or right now?

DoMeFavors
10-18-2012, 12:06 PM
Here we go again Kidd is shooting like 20 % so far pre season, Camby hasnt played they are 40. Stop looking at their careers and judging them off that. Right now they are no better than below avg players. Novak is a dleague player his entire career. JR Smith is the only good bench player.

xxplayerxx23
10-18-2012, 12:07 PM
How is Camby average. One of the best rebounders in the game. Novak played pretty well last year, Please troll go away.

C_Mund
10-18-2012, 12:11 PM
Talent wise they should be the second seed. Obviously the Heat should go number 1. But after that, no one is really that great.

The Bulls lost some key role players and are missing Rose for a lot of the season.
The Sixers lost their best player, although Bynum is very good, I think they were better off with Iguodala.

This is how I see it...

1. Heat - Two of the best players in the NBA, another great player, and now good role players and bench
2. Knicks - One of the best players in the NBA, another great player, and the roster is very solid from 1-11. Possibly best bench in the NBA
3. Nets - One of the best players in the NBA, another great player, decent bench and other starters are good as well
6. Pacers - See above

The Bulls could make it based on how early Rose gets back. They could be anywhere from 2 to 9 depending on Rose.

I dig that you give other teams respect in your post, but I'm seeing two arguments from Knicks fans that are completely contradictory. the Knicks just added vets which most NYfans are saying "don't make us older because they won't play much." At the same time, these "won't play much" vets make them jump from 7'th in the weak East to contender? It's a pretty biased way of looking at the NBA. Plus, Camby, Stoudemire and Melo haven't played a full season of ball in a while, Shump is out for a while (this is unfortunate), and everybody's assuming that Felton comes back in great shape and plays amazing. That's a lot of "what if's."

I think NY will be in the mix for HCA so I'm not trying to be a hater or anything. I just don't think that it's fair to everybody that's not a Knicks fan in the PSD forum that we have countless threads in which old men join the Knicks, make them way better and yet somehow their age won't effect the roster while focusing on everybody else's negatives.

C_Mund
10-18-2012, 12:16 PM
Meh, I really don't see how but I'll respect your opinion.
Well Novak shooting the 3 at such a high % forces you to have a guy on him at all times, you leave him to double Melo he is going to make you pay. Teletovic has yet to play an NBA game (Preseason doesn't show me anything which is why I wont count Priginoi) and Nba is a lot faster of a game then Europe.
On Kidd vs watson I would take kidd as well, but Watson has proven he can be a very good backup. I like that pickup a lot for the nets.

I agree with you about Novak. If you have isolation players on your team a deadly 3-pt threat is worth its weight in gold.

DoMeFavors
10-18-2012, 12:16 PM
Celtics,Nets and Philly upgraded a lot. Knicks on the other hand are overated once again. They added Kidd,Camby,Rasheed all 3 players are old and nowhere near they were 3 years ago. So suddenly they become a 2nd seed? Makes no sense. Its melo basically by himself, he doesnt have the superstar he wanted next to him. Amare doesnt have it anymore.

xxplayerxx23
10-18-2012, 12:18 PM
:sigh: poor DMF, Enjoy 4th place a game behind philly.

DoMeFavors
10-18-2012, 12:21 PM

I wouldnt enjoy it because unlike your fanbase I dont take pride in just getting by. When Knicks were swept by Celtics in 2011 the fans stood up and cheered. I would be booing my team off the floor and yelling to Billy King to trade them all.
I know my team is going to win the Atlantic, and I already booked by May flight to Miami for the ECF when I see my boys take on the Heat.

Chill_Will_24
10-18-2012, 12:21 PM

You do not know that.

You do not know how Brook Lopez will play. Their most important player imo

You do not know how Bynum's health and attitude will hold in Philly

You do not know at what level Deron will perform since by all accounts he was dogging it last year.

You do not know if Melo and Amare will finally co exist.

In short you do not know enough to predict a fourth place finish for the Nets. You are basing all this on assumptions you formed from watching their highlights and reading their stats from last year.

xxplayerxx23
10-18-2012, 12:24 PM
You do not know that.

Yeah, I just do it to bother you know who ;). Nets can win the division for all I know and yet they can be 4th in the division. Nets are talented, but chemstry and there front court could hurt them.

Chill_Will_24
10-18-2012, 12:25 PM
are basing it on upside or right now?

Both

xxplayerxx23
10-18-2012, 12:25 PM
I wouldnt enjoy it because unlike your fanbase I dont take pride in just getting by. When Knicks were swept by Celtics in 2011 the fans stood up and cheered. I would be booing my team off the floor and yelling to Billy King to trade them all.
I know my team is going to win the Atlantic, and I already booked by May flight to Miami for the ECF when I see my boys take on the Heat.

:laugh2: your a funny girl. You sure showed some pride last year, trade them all after one failure in the playoffs nice. At least Miami is nice, so you can go to the beach because the nets won't be in no ECF.

C_Mund
10-18-2012, 12:26 PM
Celtics,Nets and Philly upgraded a lot. Knicks on the other hand are overated once again. They added Kidd,Camby,Rasheed all 3 players are old and nowhere near they were 3 years ago. So suddenly they become a 2nd seed? Makes no sense. Its melo basically by himself, he doesnt have the superstar he wanted next to him. Amare doesnt have it anymore.

Hey, what about the Raps??
kidding, I don't mean to bring them into a conversation about the second seed, but they've improved quite a bit and won't be a pushover in the Atlantic. Solid division, it's going to be fun to watch this year

Chill_Will_24
10-18-2012, 12:26 PM
Yeah, I just do it to bother you know who ;).

Oh. In that case carry on then sir. I shall go get my popcorn :cool:

xxplayerxx23
10-18-2012, 12:27 PM
Yes get some popcorn :p

xxplayerxx23
10-18-2012, 12:28 PM
The raps are going to surprise some people. Lowry,Fields and Joanas added to this team could do them wonders.

Chill_Will_24
10-18-2012, 12:29 PM
Hey, what about the Raps??
kidding, I don't mean to bring them into a conversation about the second seed, but they've improved quite a bit and won't be a pushover in the Atlantic. Solid division, it's going to be fun to watch this year

How is that Euro guy that you drafted last year performed. He was pretty hyped last year. Is he good? Valanciuanas i think is his name.

DoMeFavors
10-18-2012, 12:29 PM
:laugh2: your a funny girl. You sure showed some pride last year, trade them all after one failure in the playoffs nice. At least Miami is nice, so you can go to the beach because the nets won't be in no ECF.

Oh I will be seeing my team in the ECF, take a flight the day of the game to Miami catch the Net game probably leave in the late 3rd after Nets go up by 25, go to the bar, have a ONS, come back and go to the next game here.

jmoney85
10-18-2012, 12:36 PM
Both

thats just crazy.... bledsoe has been nothing but a benchwarmer up to this season... to say hes better than a proven backup PG right now is just asinine

xxplayerxx23
10-18-2012, 12:39 PM
Oh I will be seeing my team in the ECF, take a flight the day of the game to Miami catch the Net game probably leave in the late 3rd after Nets go up by 25, go to the bar, have a ONS, come back and go to the next game here.

:laugh: You think the Nets would beat Miami? Good luck.

knicks=love
10-18-2012, 12:41 PM

This is how I see it...

6. Pacers - See above

Obvious here.

Knicks don't have "possibly" the best bench. There's better benches out there that I was easily take over them. I don't see the Knicks getting higher than a 3 seed.

I know I'll hear about this but I don't see them being better than the celtics or being higher than a 5 seed. Bench is not good enough.

Decent bench? Easily a top 5 bench in the entire league. They'll most likely be the 2 seed.

I guess Bynum isn't a superstar?

6. Pacers - See above

They'll be higher than 6.

Don't see them making the playoffs.

They'll fight for the 8th seed.

jmoney85
10-18-2012, 12:41 PM
:laugh: You think the Nets would beat Miami? Good luck.

why respond to him?

:facepalm:

xxplayerxx23
10-18-2012, 12:43 PM
why respond to him?

Eh, Im bored and didn't have class today lol.

Chill_Will_24
10-18-2012, 12:46 PM
thats just crazy.... bledsoe has been nothing but a benchwarmer up to this season... to say hes better than a proven backup PG right now is just asinine

Watson is proven at taking a lot of shots and providing energy. To tell you the truth so far i prefer the way Taylor runs the offense as opposed to Watson. Watson is just a better version of Gaines. Good back up but to say he is among the best is dumb.

I think Taylor will eventually earn the back up spot from him.

TheIlladelph16
10-18-2012, 12:46 PM

Considering the Heat's top two players are better than any single player on your team, and their third best player is better than anyone other than Deron, I'd say you have your work cut out for you on that one bud. Your single advantage comes at the center position, which is fine because he isn't a traditional center who will be banging it inside which kills the Heat. Even the advantage you would have at PG is negated because their PG is just there to shoot threes while Lebron/Wade handle the rock.

At this point Miami, Boston are for sure better than the Nets. Indiana is young and talented, NYK have a deep team, Chicago had the best record last year without Rose for much of the season, and Philly is another young, deep team. Your counting your chickens before they've even laid an egg.

DoMeFavors
10-18-2012, 03:44 PM
Watson is proven at taking a lot of shots and providing energy. To tell you the truth so far i prefer the way Taylor runs the offense as opposed to Watson. Watson is just a better version of Gaines. Good back up but to say he is among the best is dumb.

I think Taylor will eventually earn the back up spot from him.

Gaines couldnt shoot

29$JerZ
10-18-2012, 03:55 PM

2K13 doesn't count.
Win a playoff game first.

D-Leethal
10-18-2012, 04:08 PM

Thats funny, never heard that before.

He doesn't even play like a PG. Hes a shooter off the bench. Bulls fans were ecstatic he left.

For all the dudes who act like average age means something (that would be assuming all players played equal minutes, correct?) heres a tidbit on the Knicks being soooooooo old this season (I don't have weighted ages for this season, willing to bet Lakers are above us).

Since the New York Knicks signed 38-year-old Rasheed Wallace two weeks ago, there have been a plethora of articles and “hot takes” in the media about how the Knicks have become “the oldest team in NBA history.” Most appear to stem from this Wall Street Journal article by Chris Herring. While it is certainly true that the average age of the New York roster is the oldest of any team in history, that is a red herring. In fact, when viewed through the proper lens, the Knicks probably won’t even be one of the ten oldest teams in the last 15 years.

The average age of a team assumes that each member of the team is playing an equal role. Obviously that is not the case. A 25 year old starter is far more important to a team than a 40 year old deep bench player; why should their ages be given the same weight? To come up with a meaningful measure of team age, we need to weight the ages by the amount of minutes that each team member plays.

The core of the Knicks’ rotation is actually fairly young. Amare, Carmelo, Ray Felton, Ronnie Brewer, and Tyson Chandler are all between 27 and 30. Thus, the Knicks’ minutes-weighted age is far below their average age. Even if you assign Jason Kidd starter minutes at the expense of Felton’s playing time, and give Sheed more minutes from Amare, the minutes-weighted age does not come close to the Jazz’s mark of 32.

While it makes for good headlines to proclaim that the Knicks will be “the oldest team in NBA history,” the reality is that New York will likely not even be one of the ten oldest teams of the last 15 years. For that to occur, they would have to start Kidd and play both Wallace and Camby more than Stoudemire and Chandler. Barring injuries, it is hard to envision that scenario happening.

There is no doubt that New York got substantially older this offseason, they will almost assuredly not be the oldest team in NBA history.

http://harvardsportsanalysis.wordpress.com/2012/10/10/weights-and-measures-why-the-knicks-are-not-the-oldest-team-in-nba-history/

dtmagnet
10-18-2012, 04:20 PM
They have a collection of talented players, who for some reason just haven't played well together. I don't think they can get the 2 seed.

dtmagnet
10-18-2012, 04:22 PM

No, thats Jose Calderon.

jam
10-18-2012, 04:22 PM
This team's been horrible for the last 12 seasons. They'll be fortunate to make it to the 2nd round of the playoffs. I predict 45-48 regular season wins as long as their top players remain relatively healthy.

Im_in_Mia_bish
10-18-2012, 04:25 PM
the east is open after Miami and Boston*

there, fixed it for you :)

Evolution23
10-18-2012, 04:31 PM
Doubt it. Probably 4th seed.

nycericanguy
10-18-2012, 04:35 PM
the east is open after Miami and Boston*

there, fixed it for you :)

ehh After MIA really.

BOS hasn't been a great regular season team the last few years. They rely heavily on 2 guys that are 35+ years old, 3 if you count Terry.

D2theJ
10-18-2012, 04:40 PM

Their bench is pretty old, not terrible, but definitely old. Even the younger players (Smith, Brewer, Novak) aren't that young.

But to answer the question I don't think so. I think the Knicks best case senario is a 3 seed, while worst case would be a 7 seed. My prediction was 5 or 6, depending on whether Bynum is going to healthy and effective for the Sixers.

illwill83
10-18-2012, 04:40 PM
Yo why do people even make these types of threads on this board there are very few legit knowledgeable knicks fans. Those of you who are know who you are. Then the rest just a bunch a knick haters no matter what the knicks do they hate.

DoMeFavors
10-18-2012, 04:43 PM
2K13 doesn't count.
Win a playoff game first.

When you have the talent we do, its not hard.

C_Mund
10-18-2012, 04:50 PM
How is that Euro guy that you drafted last year performed. He was pretty hyped last year. Is he good? Valanciuanas i think is his name.

He's looking pretty good for a 20-year-old-Rookie-Euro-big-man, haha! I know that's not the highest praise...
but his stat line last night in like 23 minutes agains the Wiz was 8-8- 3 blocks and a steal with no turnovers. He'll probably be a couple years in the making but he's going to be a solid starter right from the get-go. Sky's the limit from there but I don't see him living up to our hype for a little while.

29$JerZ
10-18-2012, 04:51 PM
When you have the talent we do, its not hard.

Everything you have said is all talk.
When the Nets actually do so then you'll have some form of credibility.

abe_froman
10-18-2012, 05:04 PM
of course they do.the east seedings are wide open after 1.c's usually dont go full bore in the regular season,bulls will be without rose for awhile and thus lose alot more games,and after that everyone is an untested wildcard.ny has the talent to do it,will they finally get their act together long enough to?...who knows,but why not

lamzoka
10-18-2012, 05:09 PM
I hope this is a joke. Of course not. And Shumpert blew out his knee dont know why you listed him.

Do the rockets have what it takes to make the playoffs? the answer is NO.
Shump will be back mid-dec. The only joke i see here is "Linsanity"

knicks=love
10-18-2012, 05:16 PM

please do.

lamzoka
10-18-2012, 05:22 PM

the only way you'll go to mia is 1-heat vs 8-nets. first round sweep

jmoney85
10-18-2012, 05:59 PM
the only way you'll go to mia is 1-heat vs 8-nets. first round sweep

like the knicks? lol

29$JerZ
10-18-2012, 06:08 PM
like the knicks? lol

Knicks weren't Swept

KnickaBocka.44
10-18-2012, 06:09 PM
Their bench is pretty old, not terrible, but definitely old. Even the younger players (Smith, Brewer, Novak) aren't that young.

But to answer the question I don't think so. I think the Knicks best case senario is a 3 seed, while worst case would be a 7 seed. My prediction was 5 or 6, depending on whether Bynum is going to healthy and effective for the Sixers.

They are all in their prime. J.R. and Brewer are 27 and Novak is 29. Kidd and Camby are the only 2 players in their second 5, or 10 man rotation for that matter, that are over 30.

Having a young bench isn't necessarily a good thing.

Captain Moroni
10-18-2012, 06:29 PM
Absolutely they do. So does Boston, Indy and Philly.
It all depends on health and depth. If healthy, the Knicks are going to win a lot of games.

nycericanguy
10-18-2012, 06:40 PM
Lets not be so quick to hand MIA the #1 seed either. Bosh & Wade have quite the injury history. And Lebron has been playing almost non stop since last year. And are they really going to be as motivated during the regular season now that they are champs?

MIA doesn't have quite the depth some of the other teams in the EAST have either to withstand injuries.

Guppyfighter
10-18-2012, 06:41 PM
Is someone trying to argue the oldest team in the history of the NBA is not old?

KnickaBocka.44
10-18-2012, 06:50 PM
Is someone trying to argue the oldest team in the history of the NBA is not old?

No, the point that I am trying to get across is that the age argument against the Knicks is completely overblown because only 2 players out of the first 10 in the rotation are even over the age of 30. That is a fact.

ne3xchamps
10-18-2012, 07:20 PM
this thread isn't serious is it?? they will be in the playoffs, but not as the 2 seed.

ne3xchamps
10-18-2012, 07:23 PM

If I'm not mistaken, I think the celtics have an older roster in terms of age. I have no clue what you are getting at here.

xxplayerxx23
10-18-2012, 07:35 PM
So in your eyes Knicks have no shot at the division?^

Evolution23
10-18-2012, 07:46 PM
If I'm not mistaken, I think the celtics have an older roster in terms of age. I have no clue what you are getting at here.

The Knicks have the oldest roster but those players won't play as much. Kurt Thomas, Sheed are not playing much if at all. Kidd is a backup along with Camby. So the Knicks being old argument is not really too smart.

TyrionLannister
10-18-2012, 08:01 PM
Doubtful. I think it's Boston's to lose. I have NYK as the 4-seed.

Tha Truth
10-18-2012, 08:45 PM
2nd seed? No.

Homecourt? Maybe

Meaze_Gibson
10-18-2012, 08:49 PM
I honestly think Brooklyn gon end up number two... Knicks have what it takes but they are built for playoffs not the regular season. Probably end up around 3 to 6. No lower than 6th though.

ChitownBears22
10-18-2012, 09:36 PM
I don't think the Knicks make the postseason. That has been my thought since the big free agency moves were made.

Evolution23
10-18-2012, 09:38 PM
I don't think the Knicks make the postseason. That has been my thought since the big free agency moves were made.

:clap:

Dankster
10-18-2012, 09:55 PM
They absolutely have what it takes to get the # 2 seed. The only major issue that could potentially end up hurting them is the lack of team chemistry as there are many new additions to this team since last season--Kidd, Prigioni, Camby, Brewer, Felton, White, Wallace. That's 7 guys off the top of my head, and the majority of those listed will be seeing some important minutes for this team.

Since getting Stat to NY, the roster has gone through several changes and I think finally after 2 years they'll be sticking with this roster for at least the next year, year and a half.

But I don't think they'll end up as the 2nd seed. On paper, they have a very realistic chance but until I see the Celtics actually "get old" on the court, I wouldn't disrespect that franchise who continually go deep in the playoffs yearly now and also continue to shed the "old age" image on a yearly basis.

Knicks at the 3rd or 4th seed seems more pragmatic. I think they're better than pretty much every team in the EC not named Boston or Miami.