PDA

View Full Version : Most overpaid player?

el hidalgo
10-16-2012, 01:12 AM
Who do you think? Id have to go with joe johnson, hedo, or kobe bryant, given their production compared to their salary

Chill_Will_24
10-16-2012, 01:13 AM
Amare but Joe Johnson is next

Andrew32
10-16-2012, 01:15 AM
Agree with your list and I'd add Kendrick Perkins.
Useful player in certain situations and has some value but doesn't deserve close to the salary he is paid.

LoveMeOrHateMe
10-16-2012, 01:27 AM
Who do you think? Id have to go with joe johnson, hedo, or kobe bryant, given their production compared to their salary

Kobe isn't overpaid his play is still top 5 player esque and he brings in the most merchandise in the NBA! He makes the lakers a lot of money

DR_1
10-16-2012, 01:36 AM
Brook Lopez and Joe Johnson, Amare's up there as well.

Shareeb_omac2
10-16-2012, 01:38 AM
The Nets roster outside of Deron Williams.

javaid64
10-16-2012, 01:43 AM
Kobe isn't overpaid his play is still top 5 player esque and he brings in the most merchandise in the NBA! He makes the lakers a lot of money

he doesnt bring the lakers alot of money. he brings the nba money. people have to realize merchandise sales are divided among the 30 teams.

but back to the argument, yes in the context of production he is overpaid. but in context of comparing with the contracts of others he is good investment.

Chill_Will_24
10-16-2012, 01:49 AM
The Nets roster outside of Deron Williams.

Interesting take

mdm692
10-16-2012, 01:56 AM
Interesting take

I think he meant to say the starting 5 except D-will. Still a very good team though.

Knicks333
10-16-2012, 01:58 AM
Amare'..hands down

meloman1592
10-16-2012, 02:00 AM
Joe JOhnson, Kobe, Hedo, Amare, Brook Lopez, Kendrick Perkins

BKdoubleStacker
10-16-2012, 02:00 AM
*insert rival players and players you hate here*

Caveman508
10-16-2012, 02:07 AM
Rashard Lewis anybody?

Chill_Will_24
10-16-2012, 02:08 AM
I think he meant to say the starting 5 except D-will. Still a very good team though.

Idk.. i agree with Johnson obviously but idk about Lopez. Depends how he performs this season i guess but the Nets only payed market value. Big men get paid and both Charlotte and Portland were prepared to offer Lopez the same deal.

Wallace is slightly overpaid but not by much imo and Humphries was deliberately given that short big deal in order to match salaries and to ease mid season trades. Billy King is banking on a big salary player being shopped at the deadline by a team cutting costs because of the new CBA

So its just Johnson for me. The rest time will tell imo

MickeyMgl
10-16-2012, 02:16 AM

That's not a small thing. I know the instinct is to address this question based purely on production on the court (which speaks well for Bryant anyway), but when revenue is factored in, it's not even close. He's worth every penny.

bholly
10-16-2012, 02:17 AM
In terms of what they're actually getting paid it's Gilbert Arenas still, and Brandon Roy too.

In terms of how their contracts affect their current team, Amar'e and JJ come to mind as the big ones. It's harder to remember at the lower levels. Ben Gordon? Jeff Green?

Guppyfighter
10-16-2012, 02:18 AM
It's production in terms of contract.

Joe Johnson. Brook Lopez. Kobe Bryant. Carmelo Anthony. Stat. Arenas, Lewis.

nacdaddy
10-16-2012, 02:29 AM
Rashard Lewis anybody?

Thank you. At least there's two in agreeance

naps
10-16-2012, 03:05 AM
Rashard Lewis is signed for vet minimum? How is he overpaid NOW?

Im_in_Mia_bish
10-16-2012, 03:08 AM
Kobe Bryant. gets paid the most money and isnt a top 5 player.
Hedo.
Joe Johnson.
Hibbert
Brook Lopez
Amare Stoudemire

inb4 fan bases get emotional and butthurt over my list.

LA_Raiders
10-16-2012, 03:13 AM
JJ, Amare & Hedo

Vinny642
10-16-2012, 03:17 AM
Ray Lewis... even though his contract was bought out, this year half counts against the Hornets cap, that whole contract he had was crazy

xcrisisx
10-16-2012, 03:51 AM
TOP SALARIES
1. Kobe Bryant
$27,849,000
2. Brandon Roy
$21,459,805
3. Dirk Nowitzki
$20,907,128
4. Gilbert Arenas
$20,807,922

I'd say number 4 since he isn't even on someones training camp roster,
folowed by number two

Greedy22
10-16-2012, 05:44 AM
he doesnt bring the lakers alot of money. he brings the nba money. people have to realize merchandise sales are divided among the 30 teams.

but back to the argument, yes in the context of production he is overpaid. but in context of comparing with the contracts of others he is good investment.

Well, he's also the main reason they put butts in the seats. Jeanie Buss has said Kobe is 1 of the main reasons they can go into the luxury tax threshold year in and year out.

Greedy22
10-16-2012, 05:45 AM
Kobe Bryant. gets paid the most money and isnt a top 5 player.
Hedo.
Joe Johnson.
Hibbert
Brook Lopez
Amare Stoudemire

inb4 fan bases get emotional and butthurt over my list.

Agree with this list minus Kobe.

thenaj17
10-16-2012, 07:01 AM
How anyone can have Kobe on their list is ridiculous. He isn't just the reason Lakers sell tickets out for almost every game, he is often the reason seats get sold out on the road.

He is still a top 5 player (despite some people stupidly claiming otherwise) . His jersey sales have been the most of any NBA player for like the last 5 seasons and the most sold total over the last 10 years. His salary is higher than it should be but that could be said of 90% of players in the NBA.

Surprised no-one mentioning Omer Asik, Villanueva, Ben Gordon.

Kendrick Perkins earning 8 figures a year is a joke also!

Legitimate
10-16-2012, 07:09 AM
Kobe Bryant.
Hedo.
Amare.
Joe Johnson.
Arenas.
Lopez.

JNoel
10-16-2012, 07:19 AM
Ray Lewis... even though his contract was bought out, this year half counts against the Hornets cap, that whole contract he had was crazy

Ray Lewis is ******.

Bulls_fan90
10-16-2012, 07:33 AM
Charlie V.

pedrofan45
10-16-2012, 07:41 AM
How anyone can have Kobe on their list is ridiculous. He isn't just the reason Lakers sell tickets out for almost every game, he is often the reason seats get sold out on the road.

it's crazy how much laker fans love kobe bryant.. you act like the lakers are nothing without kobe, they'd still sell out every game at home because they have rich fans who can afford the prices.. it's not like i care how much kobe makes anyways but the fact that laker fans are trying to justify a guy making 6 million over everyone else is just laughable.. you really think kobe makes that much more in revenue compared to KD, lebron etc.? kobe bryant is somewhat overpaid. it's absolutely laughable how biased laker fans are

Jesse2272
10-16-2012, 08:30 AM
Rashard Lewis

Bargain for the heat but wow horrible contract

Factoring in wins produced contribution

HowFit
10-16-2012, 08:39 AM
Lebron James ... wait ... I forgot, he took less money to play with his two boyfriends

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Knicks21
10-16-2012, 08:42 AM
JJ because he has an extra year, Amare next.

Rockice_8
10-16-2012, 08:53 AM
I think Lopez needs to at least be given a chance to prove if he's overpaid. The guy is finally playing with a good team for the first time in his entire career, he deserves a chance to play one season with them before being called one of the most overpaid players.

Guys like Amare, Perkins and JJ are much more overpaid.

basketfan4life
10-16-2012, 08:59 AM
I can't tell if this is a Kobe bashing thread or not.

b@llhog24
10-16-2012, 09:18 AM
Kobe is only overpaid in terms of on court production but his marketability heavily mitigates that.

desertlakeshow
10-16-2012, 09:52 AM
Ask Dr. Buss if he thinks Kobe is overpaid. He has stated that Kobe brings in over 40 million in revenue to the Laker organization by himself.

Slightly underpaid if you ask me. And I don't care if he is a top 5 player or not.

13ull3TProoF
10-16-2012, 10:05 AM
the whole nba is overpaid!

Im_in_Mia_bish
10-16-2012, 10:10 AM
Oops I also forgot Omer Asik and the artist formerly known as AGENT 0. lol

under radar.

Im_in_Mia_bish
10-16-2012, 10:13 AM
Ask Dr. Buss if he thinks Kobe is overpaid. He has stated that Kobe brings in over 40 million in revenue to the Laker organization by himself.

Slightly underpaid if you ask me. And I don't care if he is a top 5 player or not.

thats silly lol how much does durant, rose, lebron, wade, bosh, amare, omer asik, joe johnson, hedo (when he signed with the raptors), lewis (when he resigned with the magic) make for their team during that specific time?

by your logic noone is overpaid.

Kobe is overpaid, and I don't get why you want to argue when its simply because of the fact that he is getting paid THE MOST, when he isnt anywhere near the top 3 in the NBA.

I am not saying that is a problem, or that kobe sucks or blah blah, I am answering the question. Most overpaid players?
Kobe is on the list. he's not the most overpaid player, but he is current being overpaid. that is all.

My goodness, cant take objective views. smh

Im_in_Mia_bish
10-16-2012, 10:14 AM
Rashard Lewis

Bargain for the heat but wow horrible contract

Factoring in wins produced contribution

he's getting paid the min tho.. so hes not the worse anymore.

nycericanguy
10-16-2012, 10:16 AM
Amare but Joe Johnson is next

Amare is younger, scores more efficiently, rebounds, blocks shots and has a shorter deal.

Yet somehow he's more overpaid than JJ?

jmoney85
10-16-2012, 10:22 AM
Amare is younger, scores more efficiently, rebounds, blocks shots and has a shorter deal.

hes a PF, I would hope he scores more efficiently lol

Gram
10-16-2012, 10:25 AM
Cv.

Gram
10-16-2012, 10:26 AM

He is still a top 5 player (despite some people stupidly claiming otherwise) . His jersey sales have been the most of any NBA player for like the last 5 seasons and the most sold total over the last 10 years. His salary is higher than it should be but that could be said of 90% of players in the NBA.

Surprised no-one mentioning Omer Asik, Villanueva, Ben Gordon.

Kendrick Perkins earning 8 figures a year is a joke also!

You can be a great player but still be overpaid.

TheIlladelph16
10-16-2012, 10:28 AM

For the Heat, Lewis is certainly a bargain. I believe the issue is that he is still receiving his contract money from whatever team amnestied him. Could be wrong, but I thought he was just amnestied and signed for the minimum. If that's the case, he is making somewhere around $22 million this year which is utterly laughable. If its not, I'm tired and need coffee haha

JJ, Brook Lopez (pending this season), Amare, Hedo, Boozer are all overpaid. In terms of production only, Kobe is absolutely overpaid. His marketing value and the revenue he generates obviously negates that aspect, but that doesn't mean he isn't overpaid for what he does on the court.

xcrisisx
10-16-2012, 10:32 AM
it's crazy how much laker fans love kobe bryant.. you act like the lakers are nothing without kobe, they'd still sell out every game at home because they have rich fans who can afford the prices.. it's not like i care how much kobe makes anyways but the fact that laker fans are trying to justify a guy making 6 million over everyone else is just laughable.. you really think kobe makes that much more in revenue compared to KD, lebron etc.? kobe bryant is somewhat overpaid. it's absolutely laughable how biased laker fans are

untrue. you should check the away attendance, if the lakers come to visit the games are allways sold out (average over 100% :D)and theyre the only team to do so. if you check home attendance (where the rich lakers fans attend) they're only 8th in attendance.

you can't compare his salarie with these 2, cause james choose to take a cut to be able to jump,the bandwagon, and it was only durants first extension so it can't be as high as bryants

thenaj17
10-16-2012, 10:37 AM

Woah, i'm not being biased, i'm being reasonable. Of course the Lakers aren't just Kobe, i didn't say that. Who's tops are Lakers fans wearing when they are in the arenas around the country though?

I wasn't trying to justify Kobe making $6m more, i even said he's probably a little overpaid but not in this lifetime can you say he is in the same league for being overpaid as someone like Rashard Lewis (the money he's getting from being amnestied, not Heat) or Joe Johnson, who has nowhere near earned his contract. Players like Boozer and Stoudamire who have achieved very minimal success.

Kobe is getting paid more but he has led his team to Championships and more than earns his keep with Jersey sales year upon year (number 1 in Europe, number 1 in China)

To call me biased without reading my whole post is extremely ignorant and a poor attempt at knocking Kobe and Laker fans in general. We are not all Kobe trolls/fanboys. I gave a fair assessment and backed it up with specific points.

People would say Jeremy Lin has been overpaid but for the money that the Rockets will earn because of having him will be similar to when they had Yao Ming (not quite to that scale). Despite the fact Lin is American, people were fascinated and his popularity was partly due to him being of Asian descent.

thenaj17
10-16-2012, 10:39 AM

He is still getting paid amnesty money from previous contract.

29$JerZ
10-16-2012, 10:40 AM
Joe J literally has Amare contract plus an extra guaranteed year.
Easily him.

thenaj17
10-16-2012, 10:57 AM
You can be a great player but still be overpaid.

Not if on court production + value to organisation + bums in seats > salary

Which it is...

Rockice_8
10-16-2012, 11:02 AM

The extra year doesn't help JJ's case but Amare is a flat out joke on D unlike JJ. I'll take the guy that plays both ends.

Im_in_Mia_bish
10-16-2012, 11:08 AM
For the Heat, Lewis is certainly a bargain. I believe the issue is that he is still receiving his contract money from whatever team amnestied him. Could be wrong, but I thought he was just amnestied and signed for the minimum. If that's the case, he is making somewhere around $22 million this year which is utterly laughable. If its not, I'm tired and need coffee haha

JJ, Brook Lopez (pending this season), Amare, Hedo, Boozer are all overpaid. In terms of production only, Kobe is absolutely overpaid. His marketing value and the revenue he generates obviously negates that aspect, but that doesn't mean he isn't overpaid for what he does on the court.

true true, and lets also not forget Omer Asik and Roy Hibbert lol

Aleksandar
10-16-2012, 11:08 AM
I think Kendrick Perkins is hurting OKC a lot financially, especially now with the Harden situation.

On the other hand, I don't think Lakers are complaining much about Kobe's salary. They have tons of money anyway..

Im_in_Mia_bish
10-16-2012, 11:09 AM
He is still getting paid amnesty money from previous contract.

lol in that case, lewis has to be on this list lol

Im_in_Mia_bish
10-16-2012, 11:12 AM
in all honesty, kobe being paid the most shouldnt be an issue, basically like the Yankees paying Derek Jeter, the career outweighs the current contract, its kind of like a career achievement contract?

In terms of productivity, he has to be on the list, not the msot since he is a top 10 player, but its not a big deal as lets say Amare, JJ, Hedo, Lewis, Omer Asik, Roy Hibbert, and co get paid.

thenaj17
10-16-2012, 11:12 AM
lol in that case, lewis has to be on this list lol

Yeh definitely agree there. Plus Gilbert Arenas i think is still getting paid and he isn't even on practice squad anywhere lol

Im_in_Mia_bish
10-16-2012, 11:13 AM
Yeh definitely agree there. Plus Gilbert Arenas i think is still getting paid and he isn't even on practice squad anywhere lol

lol I won't ever forget the day he got suspended for carrying a gun in the locker and his excuse for it haha

thenaj17
10-16-2012, 11:19 AM
in all honesty, kobe being paid the most shouldnt be an issue, basically like the Yankees paying Derek Jeter, the career outweighs the current contract, its kind of like a career achievement contract?

In terms of productivity, he has to be on the list, not the msot since he is a top 10 player, but its not a big deal as lets say Amare, JJ, Hedo, Lewis, Omer Asik, Roy Hibbert, and co get paid.

Exactly what i'm saying. It's all relative. People knocking Amare and JJ should think of Hedo, Lewis, Arenas first. Just because Amare and JJ are on high contracts does not make them bad players, they at least offer all star level play but for superstar money.

I would rather pay superstar money for an all star than all star money for a below average player.

thenaj17
10-16-2012, 11:20 AM
lol I won't ever forget the day he got suspended for carrying a gun in the locker and his excuse for it haha

i already forget his excuse. Wasn't it something to do with Crittendon boasting about his gun collection?

Im_in_Mia_bish
10-16-2012, 11:26 AM
i already forget his excuse. Wasn't it something to do with Crittendon boasting about his gun collection?

yeah haha they drew guns at each other over some lousy bet and than 5 months later he tells NBA tv, "maybe that was bad judgement" lol this clown

Longhornfan1234
10-16-2012, 11:32 AM
Wade and J. Johnson.

thenaj17
10-16-2012, 11:56 AM
Wade??? Longhorn, please tell me you are baiting Heat fans? You can't be serious...

LOVE42
10-16-2012, 11:57 AM
Almost none of the stars in this league are over paid. Kobe makes the Lakers money not only through jerseys, but also because more people come watch the Lakers because they are good and popular, and Kobe is an important part of that. I hate Kobe or Wade as much as the next guy, but if their team is relevant, it's hard for a really good player to be overpaid.

RaiderLakersA's
10-16-2012, 11:58 AM

Kobe is still a rainmaker. He puts butts in seats and brings in business and players. On the court productivity is just one facet.

uprightciti
10-16-2012, 12:11 PM
Joe Johnson has the worst contract in the nba 31 years old

Player

12/13 $19,752,645 (32)
13/14 $21,466,718 (33)
14/15 $23,180,790 (34)
15/16 $24,894,863 (35)

Amare is only

12/13 $19,948,799 (29)
13/14 $21,679,893 (30)
14/15 $23,410,988 (31)

jmoney85
10-16-2012, 12:14 PM
im pretty sure player skill is involved when determining most overpaid player... and JJ is much better than amare

Hawkeye15
10-16-2012, 12:49 PM
excluding any player that was amnestied (their deals aren't hitting a cap), Amare is the answer. Joe Johnson's deal makes me puke a little, but at least he still performs at his normal level. Amare's knees seem to have finally caught up, and if you are making nearly $20 million, you would think you would be a top 2 player on your own team, or at least an all star caliber player. Rudy Gay and Al Jefferson are another couple that are way overpaid.

Da Knicks
10-16-2012, 12:51 PM
im pretty sure player skill is involved when determining most overpaid player... and JJ is much better than amare

JJ's skills seem to diminish in the playoffs so i would go with Amare, but then again im a knick fan and you a net fan.:)

Hawkeye15
10-16-2012, 12:57 PM
How is Kobe a legit answer? Do you realize how much money he makes the Lakers? Does him being there prohibit them from being able to have other stars? Uh, hell no.

Chill_Will_24
10-16-2012, 12:58 PM

Johnson does not have glass knees and an uninsured contract

jmoney85
10-16-2012, 01:01 PM
JJ's skills seem to diminish in the playoffs so i would go with Amare, but then again im a knick fan and you a net fan.:)

same goes for amare lol

PrettyBoyJ
10-16-2012, 01:20 PM
:clap:

:clap:

uprightciti
10-16-2012, 01:27 PM
JJ wont be as productive as a player as amare can be

and amare has better work ethic with a shorter deal

the knicks are gonna turn heads this season!

so pumped

melo
amare
chandler
felton
jr
kidd
camby
brewer
iman
novak
thomas
priggs
wallace
copeland
shura

Nycbball08
10-16-2012, 01:33 PM
Amare'..hands down

Amare made 100 mil, Joe Johnson 120 mil...

Gators123
10-16-2012, 01:33 PM

so pumped

melo
amare
chandler
felton
jr
kidd
camby
brewer
iman
novak
thomas
priggs
wallace
copeland
shura

Beast!

You see the team pic?

http://www.ctpostchronicle.com/content/articles/2010/02/17/sports/doc4b7b4c2dc222b0340483131.jpg

Nycbball08
10-16-2012, 01:35 PM
How is Kobe overpaid?? Dude earned his money... What 5/6 chips.

Nycbball08
10-16-2012, 01:39 PM
Of all time gotta be Juwan Howard, currently JJ.

Chill_Will_24
10-16-2012, 01:42 PM
Beast!

You see the team pic?

http://www.ctpostchronicle.com/content/articles/2010/02/17/sports/doc4b7b4c2dc222b0340483131.jpg

:laugh2:

KB-Pau-DH2012
10-16-2012, 01:44 PM
How is Kobe overpaid?? Dude earned his money... What 5/6 chips.

The OP has a history of making threads that put Kobe Bryant in a negative light. Don't sweat it.

Corey
10-16-2012, 01:57 PM
Tyrus Thomas (7.3m)
Corey Maggette (11m)
Joe Johnson (19.7 now -- 24.8 at the end of his deal...)
Andris Biedrins (9m)
Amare (~20m)
Hedo (11.8m)
Okafor (13.9m)
Batum (10.8m)
Salmons (8m)
Ariza (7.3m)
Calderon (10.5m)

Did I miss anyone?

Hawkeye15
10-16-2012, 02:00 PM
Tyrus Thomas (7.3m)
Corey Maggette (11m)
Andris Biedrins (9m)
Amare (~20m)
Hedo (11.8m)
Okafor (13.9m)
Batum (10.8m)
Salmons (8m)
Ariza (7.3m)
Calderon (10.5m)

Did I miss anyone?

probably about 30 more players lol, but yeah, you touched on some of the reaaaaally crappy ones.

jmoney85
10-16-2012, 02:01 PM
Tyrus Thomas (7.3m)
Corey Maggette (11m)
Andris Biedrins (9m)
Amare (~20m)
Hedo (11.8m)
Okafor (13.9m)
Batum (10.8m)
Salmons (8m)
Ariza (7.3m)
Calderon (10.5m)

Did I miss anyone?

boozer

Corey
10-16-2012, 02:19 PM
boozer

He's overpaid, but not at a horrendous level.

15/8 last year on good percentages from the field and solid defensive metrics (credit Thibs if you want, but the player still has to play).

Still overpaid, though..You're right. He should be making about 11 at those numbers.

mngopher35
10-16-2012, 03:07 PM
There is no way wade or kobe are overpaid. Are you guys serious?

RipCity32
10-16-2012, 03:29 PM
Beast!

You see the team pic?

:laugh:

Greedy22
10-16-2012, 04:10 PM
How is Kobe a legit answer? Do you realize how much money he makes the Lakers? Does him being there prohibit them from being able to have other stars? Uh, hell no.

That's what I'm trying to figure out when his own bosses say he's the main reason they can afford the luxury tax threshold year in and year out.

Greedy22
10-16-2012, 04:12 PM
Tyrus Thomas (7.3m)
Corey Maggette (11m)
Andris Biedrins (9m)
Amare (~20m)
Hedo (11.8m)
Okafor (13.9m)
Batum (10.8m)
Salmons (8m)
Ariza (7.3m)
Calderon (10.5m)

Did I miss anyone?

:puke: That's how I feel after reading this list.

Nycbball08
10-16-2012, 04:31 PM
It's a matter of our own opinion, if there were no salary cap who's to say what Kobe or Wade would make... Basically the salary cap determins how much a player is worth,.. What a bunch of crock...

tp13baby
10-16-2012, 04:35 PM

so pumped

melo
amare
chandler
felton
jr
kidd
camby
brewer
iman
novak
thomas
priggs
wallace
copeland
shura
I HAVE NEVER BEEN MORE EXCITED FOR THE NUGGETS.
I can honestly say I would not take one player on your roster over Denvers.
I mean though I would take each starter for Denver over their respective positions in New york. Maybe the only one I would take is Kidd over Andre Miller.

KB-Pau-DH2012
10-16-2012, 05:19 PM
It's a matter of our own opinion, if there were no salary cap who's to say what Kobe or Wade would make... Basically the salary cap determins how much a player is worth,.. What a bunch of crock...

It's been said that Kobe brings the Lakers $80-85M a yr in revenue alone. He's worth every penny he's getting paid.

Andrew32
10-16-2012, 05:36 PM
It's been said that Kobe brings the Lakers $80-85M a yr in revenue alone. He's worth every penny he's getting paid.
Agreed but in terms of his actual oncourt impact/value he is most certainly one of the most overpaid players in the entire league.

In terms of actual revenue brought to his franchise due to his long tenure/popularity with the LAL fanbase he is well worth the salary he is paid.

Hell you could probably sign Jordan right now for the max and he'd be worth the salary in terms of revenue due to his popularity but obviously his oncourt play wouldn't be worth it.

If LAL amnestied Kobe believe me when I say he wouldn't be getting offers for the max or anywhere near it.

VinceCarter
10-16-2012, 08:20 PM
Everybody saying Brook Lopez is about to be proved wrong this season. His rebounding numbers will be back.

Raidaz4Life
10-16-2012, 08:28 PM
Gilbert Arenas anyone? technically he is still being paid by Orlando

iDefend10
10-16-2012, 08:57 PM
First post! Haha, well for most overpaid I'd have to say Joe Johnson 19.8 Million O_O Elton Brand 18.2 million (does anyone think he is worth that much?) and Corey Maggette 10.9 million.

Edit: Oh yeah I also forgot Rashard Lewis who makes 22.7 million. That is just beyond absurd.

basketfan4life
10-17-2012, 10:17 AM
I HAVE NEVER BEEN MORE EXCITED FOR THE NUGGETS.
I can honestly say I would not take one player on your roster over Denvers.
I mean though I would take each starter for Denver over their respective positions in New york. Maybe the only one I would take is Kidd over Andre Miller.

Not a knicks fan.But Carmelo Anthony is way better than anyone on the nuggets squad.

xcrisisx
10-18-2012, 05:42 AM
Not a knicks fan.But Carmelo Anthony is way better than anyone on the nuggets squad.

yeah easily, but the nuggets didn't get worse one bit after he left

Legitimate
10-18-2012, 12:50 PM
Amare and Joe Johnson are way overpaid, but Joe Johnson is way better so....

dh144498
10-18-2012, 02:23 PM
It's funny, I think people just listed players with the top salaries without even giving a thought why they are paid that much. Bandwagon basketball fans at their finest.

el hidalgo
10-18-2012, 02:28 PM
who cares how much kobe makes the lakers? does that affect the on court production? nope. what it does do is take up a BUNCH of salary, eliminating the possibility of signing other players. Is his production really worth how much he makes? no.way.in.hell. The only player that would be worth that much given their production is lebron. kobe has no case making that much.

Im_in_Mia_bish
10-18-2012, 02:30 PM
the nba should pay players based on their on court production, but when you look at how much hibbert makes, kobe's contract is an after thought. there are so many worse contract out there before you even glance at kobes.

dh144498
10-18-2012, 02:30 PM
who cares how much kobe makes the lakers? does that affect the on court production? nope. what it does do is take up a BUNCH of salary, eliminating the possibility of signing other players. Is his production really worth how much he makes? no.way.in.hell. The only player that would be worth that much given their production is lebron. kobe has no case making that much.

except salaries aren't always just based on on court production, but off court as well. Not to mention 16 years with the same organization.....

dh144498
10-18-2012, 02:31 PM
the nba should pay players based on their on court production, but when you look at how much hibbert makes, kobe's contract is an after thought. there are so many worse contract out there before you even glance at kobes.

that's why you don't own a team nor are you ever going to have the money to own a team. There's much more to this than just a player's production. It's business as well.

Im_in_Mia_bish
10-18-2012, 02:35 PM
that's why you don't own a team nor are you ever going to have the money to own a team. There's much more to this than just a player's production. It's business as well.

thanks fortune teller.
noone is talking about how much a player brings in to the franchise, this post is not to be look at from an owner's point of view, its to be look on as this:

20 mil is the max, therefore the absolute best should make that much.

and go on based on that.
based on your owner's view, no star is overpaid because they generate so much money into their respective franchise.

lol forreal, pls read the question.. it never defined what view to answer the question on buddy.

albertajaysfan
10-18-2012, 02:59 PM

Kobe is eliminating the possibility of signing other players?

The Lakers added Dwight and Nash this offseason. Sure those additions were via trade but Kobe and his impact on continuing the Lakers legacy is why those players wanted to come to LA.

Hawkeye15
10-18-2012, 03:15 PM
thanks fortune teller.
noone is talking about how much a player brings in to the franchise, this post is not to be look at from an owner's point of view, its to be look on as this:

20 mil is the max, therefore the absolute best should make that much.

and go on based on that.
based on your owner's view, no star is overpaid because they generate so much money into their respective franchise.

lol forreal, pls read the question.. it never defined what view to answer the question on buddy.

Can't do it that way. You would have a me-first league. If a player knew his $$ came straight from his performance metrics, you would see a league of hero ball and ball hogs.

Hawkeye15
10-18-2012, 03:19 PM
That's what I'm trying to figure out when his own bosses say he's the main reason they can afford the luxury tax threshold year in and year out.

and furthermore, when judging a bad deal, shouldn't that players $$ hampering bringing in help play in? Last I checked, Kobe's deal was able to leave the Lakers with Dwight, Gasol, and Nash.

nickdymez
10-18-2012, 03:34 PM

Troll

el hidalgo
10-18-2012, 03:35 PM
Troll

everything is about kobe right?

nickdymez
10-18-2012, 03:37 PM
Agreed but in terms of his actual oncourt impact/value he is most certainly one of the most overpaid players in the entire league.

In terms of actual revenue brought to his franchise due to his long tenure/popularity with the LAL fanbase he is well worth the salary he is paid.

Hell you could probably sign Jordan right now for the max and he'd be worth the salary in terms of revenue due to his popularity but obviously his oncourt play wouldn't be worth it.

If LAL amnestied Kobe believe me when I say he wouldn't be getting offers for the max or anywhere near it.

Please elaborate without being a Kobe hater please

nickdymez
10-18-2012, 03:37 PM
everything is about kobe right?

All your threads are, yea. Your a troll

SugeKnight
10-18-2012, 03:52 PM
Andris Biedrins. Atleast guys like Kobe, Amare, JJ, etc produce on the court or are atleast serviceable.

MickeyMgl
10-20-2012, 02:49 PM
it's crazy how much laker fans love kobe bryant.. you act like the lakers are nothing without kobe, they'd still sell out every game at home because they have rich fans who can afford the prices..

That's just not true, on so many levels. Did you research this subject AT ALL before commenting? Their fans are not "rich", and they were not selling out every game before Kobe arrived.

it's not like i care how much kobe makes anyways but the fact that laker fans are trying to justify a guy making 6 million over everyone else is just laughable.. you really think kobe makes that much more in revenue compared to KD, lebron etc.? kobe bryant is somewhat overpaid. it's absolutely laughable how biased laker fans are

It's not just that I "think" he does. He does. Top sellng jersey internationally, #3 in the U.S. James is #3 and #4, respectively. Durant isn't even on the radar. The Lakers are the top draw ON THE ROAD. (What does that have to do with "rich fans"?) They have been the top-selling road team even when the team was not contending... thanks to Bryant.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/aliciajessop/2012/06/21/top-selling-nba-jerseys-in-the-united-states-and-internationally/
http://espn.go.com/nba/attendance/_/year/2012/sort/awayPct

MickeyMgl
10-21-2012, 03:18 AM

The case of having produced 5 championships and 7 Finals appearances. The case of holding most of the records in the Laker history book. The case of "Bzzz! Wrong! Even if the Lakers had every penny of Bryant's salary off their books, they'd STILL be over the cap - over the luxury threshold even! - and have the exact same possibilities of signing other players."

Andrew32
10-21-2012, 03:39 AM
The case of having produced 5 championships and 7 Finals appearances. The case of holding most of the records in the Laker history book. The case of "Bzzz! Wrong! Even if the Lakers had every penny of Bryant's salary off their books, they'd STILL be over the cap - over the luxury threshold even! - and have the exact same possibilities of signing other players."
#1. Uhh... pretty sure this is a team sport and Kobe was FAR from being the biggest contributor for 3 of those 5 Champ Chips.

#2. Records are nice... not sure what that has to do with anything though.

#3. Irregardless if they'd be over the cap or not Bryant is obviously not worth his salary based on his current ability and oncourt impact.

Basically the point is Kobe does not deserve to get paid more then Lebron or Durant or Dwight or Wade or CP3 etc... etc... based on his actual basketball ability.

He is old and overpaid.
Many older stars end up getting vastly overpaid towards the end of their careers like Shaq for example so I don't hold it against him but to pretend he actually deserves that gigantic salary based on his oncourt ability/impact is just downright silly.

I highly doubt if LAL amnestied Kobe that any team in the league would offer him a contract paying him even close to what he makes now.

sammyvine
10-21-2012, 05:23 AM
Bryant is much more marketable than Lebron and Durant.
I mean Rose is more marketable than Lebron. He sells more jerseys even though Lebron has been in The league longer.

yonkerschampX4
10-21-2012, 03:21 PM
kobe not top 25 anymore

KB-Pau-DH2012
10-21-2012, 05:01 PM
kobe not top 25 anymore

llullz

KB-Pau-DH2012
10-21-2012, 05:03 PM
All your threads are, yea. Your a troll

I'm going to guess that nickdymez didn't do anything but el hidalgo tattle-telled on him and got him banned.

Mods really like el hidalgo. I don't know what dirt he has on them, but that's the way it seems.

MintBerryCrunch
10-21-2012, 05:44 PM
kobe not top 25 anymore

Wat

MickeyMgl
10-22-2012, 02:37 AM
#1. Uhh... pretty sure this is a team sport and Kobe was FAR from being the biggest contributor for 3 of those 5 Champ Chips.

It is a team sport, and I did not say he did it alone, and I did not even say he was the biggest contributor, but saying he "was FAR [your emphasis] from the biggest contributor" is a pretty dumb statement unless you're talking about literal size. It was close.

#2. Records are nice... not sure what that has to do with anything though.

You don't understand what records have to do with how much a player gets paid? By the team whose records he holds?? Really??? You don't think that records (career production) have any effect on popularity?!? And that popularity has a significant impact on revenue-production and - as a result - with salary???? Really!!???

I highly doubt if LAL amnestied Kobe that any team in the league would offer him a contract paying him even close to what he makes now.

With the new salary cap, of course not. Not even the Lakers would offer that. The salary cap makes this a moot and silly argument, since so much has changed since that contract was signed. He wouldn't get that kind of offer because he was signed to that contract before the de facto hard cap that they have now.

With no salary cap, I'm certain there'd be a couple of teams with offers close to his current salary, if not more. Sorry that up-to-the-moment, year-by-year on-court production isn't the only factor, but it just isn't.

Lakersfan2483
10-22-2012, 02:53 AM
El Hidalgo trolling again I see.

N3TS
10-22-2012, 02:57 AM
Hedo and Joe Johnson.

Lakersfan2483
10-22-2012, 04:29 AM
It is a team sport, and I did not say he did it alone, and I did not even say he was the biggest contributor, but saying he "was FAR [your emphasis] from the biggest contributor" is a pretty dumb statement unless you're talking about literal size. It was close.

You don't understand what records have to do with how much a player gets paid? By the team whose records he holds?? Really??? You don't think that records (career production) have any effect on popularity?!? And that popularity has a significant impact on revenue-production and - as a result - with salary???? Really!!???

With the new salary cap, of course not. Not even the Lakers would offer that. The salary cap makes this a moot and silly argument, since so much has changed since that contract was signed. He wouldn't get that kind of offer because he was signed to that contract before the de facto hard cap that they have now.

With no salary cap, I'm certain there'd be a couple of teams with offers close to his current salary, if not more. Sorry that up-to-the-moment, year-by-year on-court production isn't the only factor, but it just isn't.

Don't even waste your time responding bro, it goes in one ear and out the other.

KB-Pau-DH2012
10-22-2012, 04:43 AM
Don't even waste your time responding bro, it goes in one ear and out the other.

Exactly, look what creature made the thread. :laugh2:

Lakersfan2483
10-22-2012, 04:52 AM

:D:clap:

el hidalgo
10-22-2012, 12:12 PM

what's with your mancrush on me? i could look through your posts and find 10 posts from you mentioning me, and it wouldnt take me that long.

raidersrock99
10-22-2012, 12:21 PM
chuck hayes should be making the minimum

popo85
10-22-2012, 12:32 PM
Lopez, Perkins, Hedo