PDA

View Full Version : Beasley is too. . .UNSELFISH!!!

mdm692
10-13-2012, 08:11 PM
http://www.brightsideofthesun.com/2012/10/13/3498082/suns-coach-alvin-gentry-michael-beasley-needs-to-take-more-shots

Not really important but its funny considering the reputation he has.

HT9Canada
10-13-2012, 08:18 PM
I've said it all offseason that on this Phoenix Suns team he has the potential to be top 10 in league scoring.

bholly
10-13-2012, 08:20 PM
It's almost like an onion article. I didn't watch their games so far, but I'll be really interested to see how this plays out during the season.

P Harvy
10-13-2012, 08:28 PM
I've said it all offseason that on this Phoenix Suns team he has the potential to be top 10 in league scoring.

He had the chance to be a top 10 scorer in the league on the Wolves too and that didn't happen. He averaged 19 a game and I expect that will be his peak. He is way too streaky and the negatives of his game far outweigh the positives.

jon32
10-13-2012, 08:32 PM
I see him gettin a higher ppg this year with the suns for sure

mdm692
10-13-2012, 08:34 PM
It's almost like an onion article. I didn't watch their games so far, but I'll be really interested to see how this plays out during the season.
It is kind of but it quotes and bases its info on an actual article written by beat writer Paul Coro. But in 2 games he's averagin:
Per 36 min
20ppg
5.4apg
4rpg
Over 50% fg
Over 60% 3pt fg
And playing inspired defense.

king4day
10-13-2012, 08:40 PM
Based on what I've seen so far, I think this will be his most efficient year.
As he gets more comfortable I think he'll end up with a career year this season. I don't think there's any question he'll be the focal point of the offense.

AddiX
10-13-2012, 09:22 PM
I've always looked beasleys game and ability. I personally think he was the most talented player on the wolves.

Dade County
10-13-2012, 09:37 PM
I would like for him to avg between 25-30 points a game... If he has to be a ball hog "whatever".

I think he has the talent with in him, he just needs to have the mentality. If he starts of shooting too much, so what; as the year goes along, he will be more efficient and he will begin to get more calls from the Refs ( Thats how it works in the league ).

Aleksandar
10-14-2012, 07:54 AM
He already had a statistically great season in Minnesota 19.3 PPG on 36.6% 3s. But we were still a doormat team, despite also having Love putting up monster stats. 20.2 PPG 15.2 Reb on a 41.7% 3s.

Im_in_Mia_bish
10-14-2012, 09:38 AM
lol this guy was such a headcase in Miami.

Oefarmy2005
10-14-2012, 11:29 AM
If he ever matures enough to take it seriously, he will be a great player, if not - blah...

Hawkeye15
10-14-2012, 12:01 PM
Based on what I've seen so far, I think this will be his most efficient year.
As he gets more comfortable I think he'll end up with a career year this season. I don't think there's any question he'll be the focal point of the offense.

I can virtually promise you, that if Beasley is the focal point of the offense, efficiency will not be there.

I will watch regardless.

Hawkeye15
10-14-2012, 12:01 PM
I've always looked beasleys game and ability. I personally think he was the most talented player on the wolves.

Not even remotely close.

Sactown
10-14-2012, 12:34 PM
Not even remotely close.

That made me laugh :clap:

mdm692
10-14-2012, 12:34 PM
Not even remotely close.

In regards to talent and potential yes. Now if you're talking about results its obvious K-Love was the man.

mvb815
10-14-2012, 02:01 PM
i had beasley in fantasy all last season so i had an eye on him, i don't think he had any problems on the court. every single time he'd get playing time he'd produce, i think his problems are all locker room related so i don't think suns fans should get their hopes up too much with this dude.

again though thats just what i think, he could turn into a locker room ghandi for all i know

heyman321
10-14-2012, 02:11 PM
In regards to talent and potential yes. Now if you're talking about results its obvious K-Love was the man.

Kevin Love is better than Beasley's max potential, and he's not even at his best yet. You're overrating him.

naps
10-14-2012, 02:33 PM
Beasley is a gifted scorer no doubt about that. His lack of heart is what disappoints me the most. He was a monster rebounder in college (Led the country in rebounding, IIRC) and had one the most dominant freshmen years in NCAA history.

Hawkeye15
10-15-2012, 12:07 AM

not even remotely close.

koreancabbage
10-15-2012, 10:45 AM
he's basically a cheap version of Odom.

theheatles
10-15-2012, 11:02 AM
Good, he needs to be unselfish, pass the blunt around because he can't handle his highs

mdm692
10-15-2012, 11:56 AM
Kevin Love is better than Beasley's max potential, and he's not even at his best yet. You're overrating him.

If you're talking right now then yeah but the post mentioned "when beasley was on the wolves". He joined the wolves in 2010 and at that point he had more talent and potential than anybody on the squad.

Hawkeye15
10-15-2012, 03:03 PM
If you're talking right now then yeah but the post mentioned "when beasley was on the wolves". He joined the wolves in 2010 and at that point he had more talent and potential than anybody on the squad.

No, he didn't. Kevin Love had the most talent and potential the first day of practice in year 2.

Hawkeye15
10-15-2012, 03:06 PM

Talent and potential are the two most overrated and over-used terms in sports. You are either good at something, or you aren't. Sure being able to jump high and be quick give a guy "potential" in the media's eyes. When I watched Beasley at KSU, I thought he would be better. But he can't go right, shoots way too many long 2's, gets tunnel vision when looking to score, refuses to guard anyone, picks when to be aggressive, and much more.

Beasley is the result of our media being all over 14 year olds ahead of the curve. Guys like Beasley were never told no, never shown how to work, never shown how to respect the game, or other players. So, when his natural gifts finally meet players that are just as big, strong, and talented as him, he is no longer special, because he never developed a work ethic, or the ability to be humble and accept his weaknesses, and actually address them. Furthermore, even his scouting report out of high school was: Talented, can take over when he actually cares. Guys like that eventually run into limits. Beasley's desire and IQ are his limits. Those are just as important or more, than jumping and speed when measuring potential and talent.

Expect more guys like Beasley with the way recruiting is covered, high school players are covered, and the media blowing them up, as well as our NCAA being such low quality, and never developing players.

PurpleJesus
10-15-2012, 03:10 PM
wow, Gentry is going to let Beasley be Beasley...if this isnt his breakout season, he never will have one.

mdm692
10-15-2012, 03:32 PM
No, he didn't. Kevin Love had the most talent and potential the first day of practice in year 2.

The second post basically just shows that all your opinion is based on blind hatred. Did Beasley do all those things? Yes. Was he the best/most talented player in the Wolves when he first got there? Yes. Did Love outplay him? By a mile. Don't act like Beasley didn't have the potential to be a superstar(and still does at his young age).

KnicksorBust
10-15-2012, 03:34 PM
wow, Gentry is going to let Beasley be Beasley...if this isnt his breakout season, he never will have one.

This is actually the reaction I had. There's a small fraction of a chance Beasley throws up an absurd like 25ppg this season.

It's enough to get me to watch the Suns. That and to finally figure out if Dragic is under or overrated. :laugh:

PurpleJesus
10-15-2012, 03:48 PM
The second post basically just shows that all your opinion is based on blind hatred. Did Beasley do all those things? Yes. Was he the best/most talented player in the Wolves when he first got there? Yes. Did Love outplay him? By a mile. Don't act like Beasley didn't have the potential to be a superstar(and still does at his young age).

I think you are mistaking athletic ability for basketball talent.

Gram
10-15-2012, 03:51 PM
I always liked Beas, I just wish he panned out a lot better. He still has time, but I dunno.

PurpleJesus
10-15-2012, 03:53 PM
I didnt like Beasley much as a player on the Wolves...hes got a lot of talent, but no brains. As a person though, he is vastly misunderstood. He genuinely seems like a good guy. I will cheer for him the rest of his career.

bucketss
10-15-2012, 03:56 PM

by far biggest homer on this site

PurpleJesus
10-15-2012, 04:06 PM
by far biggest homer on this site

You clearly havent run into domefavors, or a knicks fan yet.

AddiX
10-15-2012, 04:38 PM
Not even remotely close.

Your confusing good with talented.

Beasley is more naturally talented than anyone on the wolves could dream of.

Well Randolph was pretty naturally talented too, but his his iq is so low I'll leave him out of NBA conversation. :D

Hawkeye15
10-15-2012, 06:33 PM
Your confusing good with talented.

Beasley is more naturally talented than anyone on the wolves could dream of.

Well Randolph was pretty naturally talented too, but his his iq is so low I'll leave him out of NBA conversation. :D

And you are using talent wrong. Jumping high and being quick are nice, but when you are too stupid to count to 10, that is part of talent as well.

Hawkeye15
10-15-2012, 06:36 PM

I watched Beasley at KSU, Miami, and Minnesota. There is a reason they gave up 2nd rounders to get him, and nobody else touched him. Love was easily more talented than Beasley upon Mike's arrival, fact.

I thought he did at KSU. But watching him in the NBA, he was just a lazy player who seemed to be more at war with himself than the other team. All I saw was a selfish player whose talent would never be recognized. And that is exactly what he is. Believe me, I have watched him exponentially more than you, and understand how to read his numbers better. He may lead the Suns in scoring, and I am telling you right now, that isn't a good thing.

Hawkeye15
10-15-2012, 06:37 PM
I think you are mistaking athletic ability for basketball talent.

as is everyone here. Like I said, jumping high and running fast are great for basketball. But being lazy, selfish, and having a low IQ mean you will run into limits quickly with just those as your talents.

Hawkeye15
10-15-2012, 06:38 PM
I didnt like Beasley much as a player on the Wolves...hes got a lot of talent, but no brains. As a person though, he is vastly misunderstood. He genuinely seems like a good guy. I will cheer for him the rest of his career.

As will I. But I don't want him on my team. I don't think he is a winner, mentality wise, and I don't think he is determined to be the best player he can be.

xcrisisx
10-15-2012, 06:38 PM
he's just lazy
I feel like his goal was just reaching the nba and getting a big paycheck and nothing more

Cal827
10-15-2012, 06:43 PM
I guess this will be the year he'll prove that he should have been the #1 pick in his draft.

Stunner
10-15-2012, 06:48 PM
Glad the Bulls didnt pick him

AddiX
10-15-2012, 06:52 PM
And you are using talent wrong. Jumping high and being quick are nice, but when you are too stupid to count to 10, that is part of talent as well.

And I remember when you were once bragging about how you thought Beasley was going to win the scoring title and be an all star on the twolves.

So clearly I'm not the only who thinks hes pretty talented. And don't try to deny it either.

Love and Rubio cant sniff the talent Beasley has over them. The best they will do is improve there jumpers. Neither scare anyone on offense, neither are double teamed ever, neither have a go to move. If love isnt open he can't get a shot off, and lets not even talk about Rubio tying to shoot off the dribble, that's a sad sight.

Beasley can hit inside outside, midrange, can score on anyone from anywhere on the court, has handle, grabs boards, actually has moves, and can be given the ball in the clutch.

Can't say that about love or rubio.

PurpleJesus
10-15-2012, 06:59 PM
This is what happens to Beasley, he thinks too much...the previous coaches, were trying to teach him to play team basketball, so when he was on the court, he was always consciously trying to be a good teammate, and it caused him to over think things way too much...Now that Gentry is telling him to be more aggressive, the results will be incomprehensible.

Hawkeye15
10-15-2012, 07:01 PM
And I remember when you were once bragging about how you thought Beasley was going to win the scoring title and be an all star on the twolves.

So clearly I'm not the only who thinks hes pretty talented. And don't try to deny it either.

Yep. I watched him at KSU, and thought Miami totally used him wrong. Turned out, Beasley just doesn't care that much about being a good team player.

Love and Rubio cant sniff the talent Beasley has over them.

As Purple said, some of you are confusing athletic ability with basketball talent. Beasley can't sniff the basketball talent either have. Not even close, and I say that knowing you aren't a Love fan at all.

The best they will do is improve there jumpers. Neither scare anyone on offense, neither are double teamed ever, neither have a go to move. If love isnt open he can't get a shot off, and lets not even talk about Rubio tying to shoot off the dribble, that's a sad sight.

Totally. Which is why LeBron was put on Rubio to stop him, or the fact that everyone in the league talks about how great Kevin Love has become. Again, I understand you don't think much of Love, but you are in the extreme minority, you understand that I assume.

Beasley can hit inside outside, midrange, can score on anyone from anywhere on the court, has handle, grabs boards, actually has moves, and can be given the ball in the clutch.

Tunnel vision, no right hand, can't pass, doesn't know what defense means, takes horrible shots with 14 seconds left on the shot clock, doesn't understand what a back cut is, doesn't rebound well, am I leaving anything out guys?

Can't say that about love or rubio.

Actually you can.

thechom80
10-15-2012, 07:02 PM
Isn't this thread about Beasley? He's talented as **** but can't wrap his head around it. I'll always pull for him, but he'll never amount to what he is capable of until he gets his mind right.

abe_froman
10-15-2012, 07:33 PM
i hope he can recover his career...but i doubt it

mdm692
10-15-2012, 10:10 PM
Isn't this thread about Beasley? He's talented as **** but can't wrap his head around it. I'll always pull for him, but he'll never amount to what he is capable of until he gets his mind right.

Basically. But he's built such a reputation that the PSD haters hate him as well as some of the wiser posters(hawkeye I don't blame you as he never reached his potential).

thechom80
10-16-2012, 12:49 AM

AddiX
10-16-2012, 03:26 PM
Yep. I watched him at KSU, and thought Miami totally used him wrong. Turned out, Beasley just doesn't care that much about being a good team player.

As Purple said, some of you are confusing athletic ability with basketball talent. Beasley can't sniff the basketball talent either have. Not even close, and I say that knowing you aren't a Love fan at all.

Totally. Which is why LeBron was put on Rubio to stop him, or the fact that everyone in the league talks about how great Kevin Love has become. Again, I understand you don't think much of Love, but you are in the extreme minority, you understand that I assume.

Tunnel vision, no right hand, can't pass, doesn't know what defense means, takes horrible shots with 14 seconds left on the shot clock, doesn't understand what a back cut is, doesn't rebound well, am I leaving anything out guys?

Actually you can.

I agree w what you said abiut beasleys weaknesses, no denying any of them.

But to say bron guarded Rubio once, means he's a good offense player, give me a break, after the start of the year, I've never seen defenders give him so many wide open shots, just for him brick after brick.

Neither love or Rubio, can do anything off the dribble to get the ball in the hoop. Not inside, outside, or mid, neither can be counted on to do anything in clutch, because they have no go to move.

Beasley is dumb as heck, which I agree with, it doesn't change tue fact he was more talented than anyone on the twolves.

Is a lack of talent that leads love to hustle so hard and stuff his stats in useless games, it's a lack of talent that makes Rubio such a good passer.

And if your going to bring up defense, probably shouldn't bring up love.

And don't tell me im in the minority as if that matters.

Hawkeye15
10-16-2012, 04:01 PM
I agree w what you said abiut beasleys weaknesses, no denying any of them.

But to say bron guarded Rubio once, means he's a good offense player, give me a break, after the start of the year, I've never seen defenders give him so many wide open shots, just for him brick after brick.

Neither love or Rubio, can do anything off the dribble to get the ball in the hoop. Not inside, outside, or mid, neither can be counted on to do anything in clutch, because they have no go to move.

Beasley is dumb as heck, which I agree with, it doesn't change tue fact he was more talented than anyone on the twolves.

Is a lack of talent that leads love to hustle so hard and stuff his stats in useless games, it's a lack of talent that makes Rubio such a good passer.

And if your going to bring up defense, probably shouldn't bring up love.

And don't tell me im in the minority as if that matters.

Dude, you seriously need to watch Love play again. After he shed that weight, he was attacking off the dribble nightly.

And we will never agree on the definition of talent apparently. A lack of talent drives Love? What the **** does that mean hahaha

mdm692
10-16-2012, 05:41 PM
Dude, you seriously need to watch Love play again. After he shed that weight, he was attacking off the dribble nightly.

And we will never agree on the definition of talent apparently. A lack of talent drives Love? What the **** does that mean hahaha
By talent he means athletic ability and the ability to put the ball in the basket. At the end of the day it is basketball and the point of the game is to put the ball in the basket. Beasley was the best at doing that when he was in Minny. Also you said that athletic ability doesn't matter much in regards to talent, if thats the case then why is Lebron considered the most talented player in the league one of the main reasons he is so dominant is his size and athletic ability(mixed in with his bball IQ). This not an argument anout who is better because it goes Lebron>>K-Love>>>>>Beasley but the talent and potential is enormous. I understand why you don't like him and I am with you 100% I probably will be the same away if he doesn't improve his game.