PDA

View Full Version : Knicks might have done the smart thing in letting Lin go

JDIAZ201
10-13-2012, 04:36 PM
http://m.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/lawrence-lin-rockets-bargained-article-1.1182684

Thoughts??

ink
10-13-2012, 04:40 PM
The bubble bursts.

KB-Pau-DH2012
10-13-2012, 04:43 PM
All I know is that Fat Felton and Old Kidd weren't the way to go. It should have either been get Nash, and if not, then keep Lin.

KnickaBocka.44
10-13-2012, 04:53 PM
All I know is that Fat Felton and Old Kidd weren't the way to go. It should have either been get Nash, and if not, then keep Lin.

How many times must you be told that Felton isn't fat anymore?

Kashmir13579
10-13-2012, 04:54 PM
We'll know in a few years.

KnickaBocka.44
10-13-2012, 04:55 PM
Kash is going to lose his sheeeit if he sees this thread in the NBA forum.

KB-Pau-DH2012

Ok, but I don't think he'll put up the big numbers like he did in his 1st stint with the Knicks. His stats were awesome due to the D'Antoni system.

JDIAZ201
Yea getting Nash would have been great but what can you do if he wanted to play for Lakers? Ill take Felton and Kidd over Lin though.

KnickaBocka.44
10-13-2012, 04:56 PM
We'll know in a few years.

LOL a second too late apparently

Chill_Will_24
10-13-2012, 04:57 PM
i think they did. I always thought Lin was overrated and that hype he got was due more to his ethnicity than his amazing talents. He had a good stretch until people figured out how to defend him.

JDIAZ201
10-13-2012, 04:57 PM
Kash is going to lose his sheeeit if he sees this thread in the NBA forum.

Not sure who that is but why? I like to hear unbiased thoughts..is that against policy here?

Kashmir13579
10-13-2012, 04:59 PM
LOL a second too late apparently

Linsanity was the most fun i've ever had being a Knick fan. I've been a fan for a decade. I'll leave it at that.

KnickaBocka.44
10-13-2012, 05:01 PM
Ok, but I don't think he'll put up the big numbers like he did in his 1st stint with the Knicks. His stats were awesome due to the D'Antoni system.

I agree that his stats were inflated by the system, plus he was pretty much the second option up until he was traded.

He and Lin are both average PG's in my opinion, they had virtually identical stats in their final 18 games of the year. Factor that with adding Kidd as the backup, over Douglas/Bibby, and the Knicks improved at the PG position.

xxplayerxx23
10-13-2012, 05:02 PM
Reasons that scared me about lin (Although I wanted Lin back with Kidd, Im happy with Felton but Lin made us an explosive type offense)
1. He only really had 25 games, he was a beast but still on 25 games.
2. That knee injury at the his age was a bit of a scary thing.
3. I just want to say I expect 17 and 8 from Lin this year, and something like 13 and 6 or 7 from Felton.

KB-Pau-DH2012
10-13-2012, 05:03 PM
I agree that his stats were inflated by the system, plus he was pretty much the second option up until he was traded.

He and Lin are both average PG's in my opinion, they had virtually identical stats in their final 18 games of the year. Factor that with adding Kidd as the backup, over Douglas/Bibby, and the Knicks improved at the PG position.

Going into the offseason, I was so sure that Nash was going to go to the Knicks and make them a contender.

The Lakers getting Steve Nash was one of the most shocking and unexpected transactions that I've ever witnessed as an NBA Fan.

LINsation
The nash argument is closed minded. Ppl just know the name. We trying for a championship. Look at who we have to go through. Its not only the heat people. We would get destroyed in the playoffs by some teams most notably teams with rondo, deron, westbrook, etc.
And although they can abuse just about anyone atleast we have a chance with the guys we have.
Plus the value of nash we get with kidd. More so since kidd has had more playoff success

Kashmir13579
Jeremy Lin and Jeremy Lamb are gonna be a tandem for years to come if God is good.

KnickaBocka.44
10-13-2012, 05:04 PM
Not sure who that is but why? I like to hear unbiased thoughts..is that against policy here?

He is a huge Lin supporter from the Knick forum that's why I brought it up.

Unbiased thoughts? not sure what you're getting at there.

KnickaBocka.44
10-13-2012, 05:06 PM
Going into the offseason, I was so sure that Nash was going to go to the Knicks and make them a contender.

The Lakers getting Steve Nash was one of the most shocking and unexpected transactions that I've ever witnessed as an NBA Fan.

I was hoping for it too and I think it was going to happen until Toronto offered Fields all that cash.

JDIAZ201
10-13-2012, 05:09 PM
What I don't understand is why Houston would cut him then turn around and pay him all that money. They already knew what kind of player he was outside of Dantoni's system

xxplayerxx23
10-13-2012, 05:09 PM

I still believe we are contenders. I think its all how they gel. Nash would of been huge but if Felton is truly "motivated" I think he can handle the ship.

BigBlueCrew
10-13-2012, 05:28 PM
This is a damn shame :whistle:

SLY WILLIAMS
10-13-2012, 05:38 PM
Its impossible to say at this point. Was the guy I saw take it to D-Will's Nets, Dirk's Mavs and Kobe's Lakers a fluke? Remember the Knicks were dead in the water when J Lin took over. If there was no J lin last season it is possible the Knicks would not have made the playoffs. The 2 key questions are:

1. Were his 25 starts a fluke?

2. Can he be the same player after the injury?

I admired how the guy handled himself so I'm rooting for him to have a nice career.

More-Than-Most
10-13-2012, 05:40 PM
Without knowing this I said it was a good move from a talent perspective because he was not going to be good...This just tops it off

More-Than-Most
10-13-2012, 05:41 PM
Its impossible to say at this point. Was the guy I saw take it to D-Will's Nets, Dirk's Mavs and Kobe's Lakers a fluke? Remember the Knicks were dead in the water when J Lin took over. If there was no J lin last season it is possible the Knicks would not have made the playoffs. The 2 key questions are:

1. Were his 25 starts a fluke?

2. Can he be the same player after the injury?

I admired how the guy handled himself so I'm rooting for him to have a nice career.

Yes

No

And he would not be the same player healthy... It was a sample size is all.

TheNumber37
10-13-2012, 05:42 PM
Fact: Kidd + Felton + Prigoni > Lin + Douglas + Bibby + Davis

That's all that matters.

YashBoone
10-13-2012, 05:45 PM

Same could be said about Lin, no?

Or is Lin the exception to the rule,
Because the same is said about every player who plays for dantoni, isn't it?

Lakers4life08
10-13-2012, 05:48 PM
Only hope for Knicks Felton will play good as he did last time in knicks uniform,becouse Kidd is done,finito,adios he is garbage at best

Kashmir13579
10-13-2012, 05:51 PM
Yes

No

And he would not be the same player healthy... It was a sample size is all.
This post reeks of basketball knowledge.

StarvingKnick22
10-13-2012, 05:56 PM
http://i1.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/007/666/_57c8a1a431a592af806925e57258202f.png

More-Than-Most
10-13-2012, 05:58 PM
This post reeks of basketball knowledge.

I try my best.... I like to keep it short and simple so my basketball Knowledge does not hurt other people and cause Jealousy on the forum...Rather not get people banned because I am way to smart. Its a curse

Kashmir13579
10-13-2012, 06:00 PM
I try my best.... I like to keep it short and simple so my basketball Knowledge does not hurt other people and cause Jealousy on the forum...Rather not get people banned because I am way to smart. Its a curse

I'm sure thats the situation.

Victimize
10-13-2012, 06:02 PM
Knicks made the right decision. I think its a much smarter financial decision to take on Felton/Kid until they find there "PG of the future"... then to sign Lin to that ridiculous contract. Way to big of a risk because Lin has "flash in the pan" written all over him.

jimm120
10-13-2012, 06:09 PM
Yea getting Nash would have been great but what can you do if he wanted to play for Lakers? Ill take Felton and Kidd over Lin though.

Lol. Weren't you reading the papers?

Nash was a Knick 100% until Toronto went in and in a move to try to get Nash, took Landry (the "centerpiece" of the deal) out of the sign and trade. Nash then gave NY 2 days practically to work something else out because the Lakers came knocking.

jimm120
10-13-2012, 06:12 PM
As for the story....

Let Lin play. That's it. End of the day, Dolan should have doled out the money, but people gotta realize that it was gonna cost $50+ million alone (salary plus taxes) in his final year....no matter what, that's a lot.

But considering, Lin should have stayed cause it wouldn't have caused any downgrade at PG and only money from Dolan's pocket (which I'm sure he made that year 3 salary just last year because of lin).

shep33
10-13-2012, 06:16 PM
I think there's a lot of unwarranted hate towards Lin. He's not yet explosive? Okay, the dude had 9 points, 7 assists 2 steals and only 2 turnovers in 24 minutes in his first preseason game. No offense to Rockets fans either, but there isn't as much talent on their squad compared to New York

JerseysFinest
10-13-2012, 06:22 PM
I don't think it was the right move. Plenty of people will label him as overrated, but the fact that he stepped in for a period of time and practically saved the Knicks, says a lot about the guy. He's fearless, confident, and will only get better in time. He has his flaws, sure, but Dolan really should've matched. The Knicks would get an enormous amount of exposure and would rake in so much money from endorsements, advertisements, etc. Oh well.

Jesse2272
10-13-2012, 06:24 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_gMj3jQAIs

:laugh:

Good bye JL

John Walls Era
10-13-2012, 06:30 PM
Well theres a first for everything. But I have my doubts that the Knicks don't rue the day they let Lin leave.

KnicksorBust
10-13-2012, 06:36 PM
"rue the day" :laugh: What are you a scorned british writer?

I root for Lin it's just going to be a long season every time he does something (good or bad) it'll be compared to the Knicks and there will be a thread of people trolling the Knicks and Knicks fans saying stupid stuff back like Pablo Pigioni is the answer after 4 threes in a pre-season game.

John Walls Era
10-13-2012, 06:41 PM
"rue the day" :laugh: What are you a scorned british writer?

I root for Lin it's just going to be a long season every time he does something (good or bad) it'll be compared to the Knicks and there will be a thread of people trolling the Knicks and Knicks fans saying stupid stuff back like Pablo Pigioni is the answer after 4 threes in a pre-season game.

Laugh Now, Cry Later. KAB

KnicksorBust
10-13-2012, 06:47 PM
I have no idea what you are trying to say.

JasonJohnHorn
10-13-2012, 07:57 PM
I hope Lin becomes a special player in this league, but with only a 25-game sample, limited athleticism and a knee injury.... I think 25million was a LOT of money to put up for Lin. I think the Knick did the right thing. If Felton is back in game shape, we already know he knows how to play with Amare... he was putting together his best season ever playing with Amare... and Kidd, though old, still has a high basketball IQ and in limited minutes can do a lot for NY.

NYsFinest
10-13-2012, 08:08 PM
I like Lin and think he will be a very solid player... but the Knicks did the right thing, he just didn't fit what they were trying to do. The Knicks are paying 40+ million for two superstars that need a PG that will defer to them. Aside from that the Knicks window to win is closing, so they need vet guys who can run a team and can't afford to go through the growing pains that will come in Lin. Lin is in a great position in Houston where he can take his time and come into his own, and the Knicks are better off with Felton and Kidd because they fit what they are trying to do. WIN-WIN.

NYsFinest
10-13-2012, 08:39 PM
Watching preseason, Felton seems to be in great shape, very excited to have him back.

smith&wesson
10-13-2012, 08:47 PM
they def made the right move.

1. felton and kidd will play off of amare and melo well. carmelo can not play off the ball and lin can not play off of melo. it was not going to work between those two.

2. lin was seriously over paid. a small sample size of amazing games when no one in the nba knows who you are does not justify the contract he recieved.

3. lin isnt very polished at all. needs to work on pretty much all aspects of the game and improve in all areas. he is young and has lots of time to grow but the knicks need players that can compliment their stars and help them win now.

4. felton has shown that he and amare can play with chemistry in the past. whatever you can do to get amare back to form is a plus for the knicks as his contract is very hard to move.

5. kidd is old but is still a valuable player. the starting pg of a championship team the season before last. he will be more then just a servicable back. he was brought in to be a leader and a strong locker room presence. he is well respected by his peers and can help team comradery.

torocan
10-13-2012, 08:50 PM
WAY too early to judge anything.

Seriously, barely into the pre-season and people are coming out of the woodwork writing off vets/rookies/draft picks, and proclaiming new players on various teams as the next All Star...

Lin hasn't played for 9 months, barely been playing NBA speed and suddenly folks are writing him off? He's not even on the injured list... how many players are currently on the injured list on various teams? I thought so...

Really folks. Knee meet Jerk. It's WAY too early to say anything about ANY players.

Some will develop really well, some will underperform and some will overperform in the pre-season.

We'll have considerably more clarity when we hit the trade deadline. Until then, it's just people spouting their OPINIONS based on ZERO actual LIVE game evidence.

Wake me up when we're well into the regular season...

effen5
10-13-2012, 09:53 PM
Lin isn't even good. Knicks did the right thing. Lin getting severly overpaid for a handful of games against terrible team is horrible. Thats everything wrong about this league. A bunch of players getting overpaid.

John Walls Era
10-13-2012, 10:09 PM

Dont worry, when youre wrong. My opinion of you doesn't change.. haha take that for what its worth, but not as a compliment.

LakersIn5
10-13-2012, 10:17 PM

the knicks were heading to lottery until linsanity happened. lin is so under appreciated right now. had not for linsanity the knicks would have kept on losing. and the knicks would have kept on winning alot had melo not returned and ****ed up the chemistry lin had with the team with melo out

NYsFinest
10-13-2012, 10:26 PM
the knicks were heading to lottery until linsanity happened. lin is so under appreciated right now. had not for linsanity the knicks would have kept on losing. and the knicks would have kept on winning alot had melo not returned and ****ed up the chemistry lin had with the team with melo out

That's because they had Mike Bibby and Toney Douglas as their point guards until Lin got there. I appreciate everything Lin has done for the Knicks but they will be fine with Felton/Kidd/Prigioni.

DreamShaker
10-13-2012, 10:49 PM
I am gonna wait it out with Lin. It's one preseason game, and while the article is not encouraging, it also says he will be fine on offense. On defense, what did you expect? He wad guarding the best scoring PG in the NBA. Nobody expects him to be Gary Payton on D. I honestly am not excited about Lin, I understand it. Rockets had to do SOMETHING to make fans care the next few years.

heyman321
10-13-2012, 10:53 PM
Lin will be a good starter. Do you guys realize that was basically his "rookie" year, the first year he got any playing time whatsoever to actually play real game minutes and learn the ropes, and he absolutely nailed it. Yeah, he then got destroyed by Lebron on that national TV game, but so did Durant and the Thunder. Cut him some slack.

jimm120
10-13-2012, 11:22 PM

Knicks were also out of the playoffs until Melo came in and went MVP level in the final month to get them to the playoffs.

These two excuses (the one you put and the one I put) are both redundant. The reason we had those records were because of Dantoni. Second the guy was out of here, our 3 stars (melo, amare, and lin) along with other good players (Novak, smith, Baron Davis, Landry) ended up going 6-0 and blowing out teams...and once Amare and Lin were out for the final month, the Knicks went 18-6. Playoffs...more injuries.

So yeah, just saying its not a valid excuse. Dantoni being ousted and fired are the reason the Knicks won, not Lin or Melo alone

Guppyfighter
10-13-2012, 11:23 PM
I hear the overpaid over and over again. But it is a really good contract for the Rockets. He's cheap for the first two years and they will have cap flexibility. In the third year when he is "overpaid" the contract is flexible because it is expiring.

jimm120
10-13-2012, 11:27 PM
I am gonna wait it out with Lin. It's one preseason game, and while the article is not encouraging, it also says he will be fine on offense. On defense, what did you expect? He wad guarding the best scoring PG in the NBA. Nobody expects him to be Gary Payton on D. I honestly am not excited about Lin, I understand it. Rockets had to do SOMETHING to make fans care the next few years.

2 pre-season games dude. Tons of people keep saying 1 game.

Game 1:
19 min, 1-3 shooting. 3 pts, 6 ast, 3 stl, 3 TO

Game 2:
23 min, 2-6 shooting. 9 pts, 7 ast, 2 stl, 2 TO

Both poor games but his TO's were low (considering that he would usually be 4+ TO in NY) and he had over 5 assists in both games...limited action and pre-season.

I still think people need to stop being so critical.

jimm120
10-13-2012, 11:29 PM
I hear the overpaid over and over again. But it is a really good contract for the Rockets. He's cheap for the first two years and they will have cap flexibility. In the third year when he is "overpaid" the contract is flexible because it is expiring.

you're wrong.

For the Knicks it would have been $5, $5, and $15.

For the Rockets, its $8.5, $8.5, $8.5

still cheapish, imo.

beasted86
10-13-2012, 11:33 PM
They made the right move financially and defensively.

IndyRealist
10-13-2012, 11:40 PM
The Rockets will never pay Lin's 3rd year if he doesn't work out. They'll trade him as an expiring contract for a player another team is looking to dump.

IndyRealist
10-13-2012, 11:42 PM
you're wrong.

For the Knicks it would have been $5, $5, and $15.

For the Rockets, its $8.5, $8.5, $8.5

still cheapish, imo.

Isn't that the cap hits? They still have to pay it as 5/5/15.

Kashmir13579
10-13-2012, 11:42 PM
Lin will not be a bust!

jimm120
10-13-2012, 11:45 PM
Lin will not be a bust!

I don't think he'll be as good as some people thought he was (superstar or star). But I do believe he can be a good player.

He HAS to learn to lower turnovers (by a lot). 2 TO and 3 TO in the first two games in limited minutes shows he's still bad with those.

He HAS to improve with his vision. Too often he ended up running inside and just throwing it, hoping it would find a teammate. Better decision making.

He HAS to improve with his man-to-man defense. Its bad.

but I believe he'll be a good player. Not a star, but good.

KnickaBocka.44
10-14-2012, 12:14 AM
Isn't that the cap hits? They still have to pay it as 5/5/15.

nope.

DoMeFavors
10-14-2012, 12:25 AM
Lin sucks, and now Knick fans are saying it after I said it.

I said Fields sucked every knick fan was saying NO!!! And now they are saying he sucks .

I know what im talking about.

Max.This
10-14-2012, 12:37 AM

I said Fields sucked every knick fan was saying NO!!! And now they are saying he sucks .

He doesn't suck. He's not a top tier point guard, but to say he sucks is not accurate. Stop generalizing a couple of knick fans as all the knick fans.

DoMeFavors
10-14-2012, 12:44 AM
He doesn't suck. He's not a top tier point guard, but to say he sucks is not accurate. Stop generalizing a couple of knick fans as all the knick fans.

So a couple of knick fans arent called "Knick Fans"? Please.

He does suck, compared to other NBA talent. He was in the d league

IndyRealist
10-14-2012, 12:50 AM
nope.

They are still paying 5/5/15. The 8/8/8 is cap hits.

Here's how $14.8 million in Lin's pocket skyrockets to $58.3 million in James Dolan's checkbook. It starts with a loophole in the Gilbert Arenas provision, which penalizes a team looking to match an offer sheet. In this case, the Rockets can average Lin's salary against their own cap—roughly $8.4 million a year. But the Knicks, if they were to match, would take a hit on each year's actual salary. http://deadspin.com/5926337/jeremy-lins-contract-could-cost-the-knicks-58-43-million-in-year-three-[update]

Max.This
10-14-2012, 01:03 AM
So a couple of knick fans arent called "Knick Fans"? Please.

He does suck, compared to other NBA talent. He was in the d league

Are you joking? I understand you have a reputation around here of being a clown, but your ignorant as well. He went to the D League and recorded a triple double. He doesn't belong in the D league. If he doesn't belong in the nba, half your damn squad should quit basketball.

DoMeFavors
10-14-2012, 01:42 AM
Are you joking? I understand you have a reputation around here of being a clown, but your ignorant as well. He went to the D League and recorded a triple double. He doesn't belong in the D league. If he doesn't belong in the nba, half your damn squad should quit basketball.

O really? Who is Jeremey Lin better than on the Nets?

seikou8
10-14-2012, 01:44 AM

everyone on your bench :facepalm:

John Walls Era
10-14-2012, 02:10 AM
^ I think I've read that same convo 20x in the past 3 months.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
10-14-2012, 03:02 AM
knicks rarely do any smart decisions lol

JoyRide
10-14-2012, 03:23 AM

:clap: you're a legend in this forum :rimshot:

nycericanguy
10-14-2012, 09:22 AM
I think there's a lot of unwarranted hate towards Lin. He's not yet explosive? Okay, the dude had 9 points, 7 assists 2 steals and only 2 turnovers in 24 minutes in his first preseason game. No offense to Rockets fans either, but there isn't as much talent on their squad compared to New York

actually he had 3 points and 6 assists with 3 TO's his 1st game.

9 & 7 was his 2nd game.

but this thread is entirely wayyyy too premature.

He made alot of good passes those 2 games. He's not attacking the rim like he did in NY though, he seems to be taking on more of a playmaker role so far.

Westbrook lit him up like an xmas tree in that 1st game though. For anyone thats interested NBA TV will have the HOU game today at 2pm.

Im_in_Mia_bish
10-14-2012, 09:42 AM
i honestly think Lin is overrated. but it's fine, because we will find out this season.

heyman321
10-14-2012, 11:43 AM
he's better than brook lopez.

KnickaBocka.44
10-14-2012, 12:00 PM

Who were you talking to? I dont know one Knick fan that wouldnt readily admit that Fields stunk more than hot garbage last year.

heyman321
10-14-2012, 03:52 PM
Bust!

todu82
10-14-2012, 05:21 PM
I agree. Lin was big for like 2 weeks last year and then he regressed. What a fall from grace from this guy.

Kashmir13579
10-14-2012, 05:25 PM
Bust!

Your sig is priceless.

Cromedome
10-14-2012, 05:55 PM
Linfoolery 25 min 1-10

it's only 1 preseason game but it's looking like he'll be exposed for the fraud that he is.

Pablo, Felton and Kidd played great last night.

nycericanguy
10-14-2012, 06:04 PM
Its preseason but FWIW Lin is now averaging

4.6ppg on 17% shooting in 3 games.

JEDean89
10-14-2012, 06:31 PM
i love lin as a prospect for what he brought to the knicks last year. the knicks never would have made the playoffs and they really only started winning games once lin started starting. after that the winning culture continued throughout the year under woody. short term the knicks made the right move. felton is more experienced, healthier and a better defender than lin. he can run an offense more effectively and score when need be. long term lin is a better prospect than felton. he is taller, more athletic and probably a better scorer. he is also younger and hasn't hit his ceilling. i believe he can be an 18-20 ppg 7-10 assist pg player. he made a big mistake though by going to houston. his stats are going to be good since he will be the go to guy but he isn't making the playoffs for 2-3 year at best. the west conference is always stacked just look at the northwest division. he will lose experience by not being in the playoffs for the knicks who will have great playoff series in the next few years. he could have been the next rajon rondo, running a vet team to a point that he gained the status of superstar by standing out next to them. instead he will dissappear in texas, a top 10 pg on a team with a losing culture.

StarvingKnick22
10-14-2012, 06:53 PM
its funnny because Knicks fans called James dolan and idiot and all this other crap, but now praise him. I said the same "we shouldnt keep him", which turned out to be the Official Jeremy Lin thread. We really dont know what we are talking about.

knickfan33
10-14-2012, 06:59 PM

fat? have you seen him now?...

all i know is all three PGS look great for the knicks right now, and none of them are the defensive liability that Lin was... the only way we miss lin is if melo gets hurt, cause he was the only one that showed he could be a go to guy offensively without melo.

would i have liked to keep lin and give him a chance to improve and see what he was capable of? of course, but at that price, the knicks absolutely made the right move... you don't put your team in a multimillion dollar hole for a player who only played about 13 games.

Kashmir13579
10-14-2012, 07:01 PM
fat? have you seen him now?...

all i know is all three PGS look great for the knicks right now, and none of them are the defensive liability that Lin was... the only way we miss lin is if melo gets hurt, cause he was the only one that showed he could be a go to guy offensively without melo.

would i have liked to keep lin and give him a chance to improve and see what he was capable of? of course, but at that price, the knicks absolutely made the right move... you don't put your team in a multimillion dollar hole for a player who only played about 13 games.
This is partly true. There were proven ways around that multimillion dollar hole if he busts.

WAYNEBO
10-14-2012, 07:12 PM
Wish Linsanity all the best. But given all the details of the Rockets @$$holio play for him, they deserve whatever sub-standard performance he gives them to live up to that contract. He's gonna struggle, and due to his turnovers he'll always be just above-avg.

Nash woulda been a pretty sight to see in a Knick uni. Didn't happen, and he wanted to come here.... but family comes first -- can't fault that. Lakers fans should be making posters of Nash's baby-momma, cuz she's the real reason he's a Laker.

rocketfuel
10-14-2012, 09:41 PM
This from the NY Daily News... Hmmm. Sounds unbiased to me. Seems more like a sour grapes article and thread. If he had stayed in NY, the tune would be totally different.

quade36
10-14-2012, 10:53 PM
Knicks fan last year: Lin is a top 5 point guard in the league. I can't even count how many threads were started on him and how he will be the next John Stockton.

Knicks fan this year: He is overrated. Felton is better.

I guess its natural for a fan to have such emotions but after what everyone endured last year in this forum, its probably best for Knicks fans to just let this one lay low.

:facepalm:

Zefflin
10-14-2012, 11:23 PM
It was smart by the knicks and smart for houston, smart for the knicks because they got rid of a try hard PG when the team is obviously fine without him...and good for houston because Lin is their 2nd best player...

jam
10-14-2012, 11:32 PM
Knicks fan last year: Lin is a top 5 point guard in the league. I can't even count how many threads were started on him and how he will be the next John Stockton.

Knicks fan this year: He is overrated. Felton is better.

I guess its natural for a fan to have such emotions but after what everyone endured last year in this forum, its probably best for Knicks fans to just let this one lay low.

Knicks fans think Novak and Chandler are the return of bird and russell.

beasted86
10-14-2012, 11:42 PM
They are still paying 5/5/15. The 8/8/8 is cap hits.

Re-read your own source. I'm not sure you comprehended it right. The Rockets had cap space to sign Lin.

See this question here it outlines exactly how much it counts for the Rockets:
http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm#Q44

If the Rockets want to trade Lin down the line, they will be trading a ~$8M contract, not a $15M.

rocketfuel
10-14-2012, 11:43 PM

Until they sign somewhere else. :D

NYKnicksAllDay
10-14-2012, 11:43 PM

Right.

29$JerZ
10-14-2012, 11:49 PM
It's preseason.
The only concrete conclusion you can draw from these games is how their conditioning is at this time.

Lin will be fine.

Evolution23
10-14-2012, 11:51 PM

What you talking about? Novak is better than bird by a mile and Chandler makes Russel look like a scrub. Get it right fool.

javaid64
10-14-2012, 11:59 PM
Re-read your own source. I'm not sure you comprehended it right. The Rockets had cap space to sign Lin.

If the Rockets want to trade Lin down the line, they will be trading a ~$8M contract, not a $15M.

you are right it counts as 8 millions per year on the rockets cap....but the payments will be 5 5 15. all though he will be 8 against the cap this year he will only receive 5 and similar with the final year of his deal where it will count for 8 against cap but he will receive 15.

RC3
10-15-2012, 12:02 AM
I will say that novak is a way better shooter than bird and that bird's shooting is overrated. Bird is a better overall player. But novak is the best shooter in the NBA.

QueensG_718
10-15-2012, 01:03 AM
Wow lin gets so much negativity his way like he owes you guys money. Ive been watching basketball for 20 yrs and from my knowledge of ball i know lin is the truth. Preseason games dont mean much. Im still pissed we didnt resign him.

First of all hes basically in his second yr of real nba basketball. He has great court vision. You either have court vision or you dont. Lin is better suited for the run and gun offense so to me he is actually better off in houston. Melo stops the ball.

Lin had a short spurt right, but he did it when the bright lights of nyc was on. Hes a fearless dude who not only played well but he also hit some huge shots. His stint with ny shows he can handle pressure. Lin rose the knicks from the grave. He was a world wide icon all the while playing great with tue knicks. Lins going to be a good player. Just ket hin adjust to the new guys around him.

Steelers23_06
10-15-2012, 01:31 AM
HOU is no idiot this is a win-win situation. do you really think the attention Lin gets the wont get their 25 million back, they have been irrelevant in the league since yao's injury in 09. this will get seats in the stands, jersey sales, endorsements from companies, and improve their already immaculate fan-base in China. this move alone will prob make them an easy 100 million over the 3 years. you do the math. the first game yao and yi played garnered 200 million+ views globally making it one of the highest viewed games of all time and this was just REG SEASON!!!! So imagine the amount of views they will get when they play another Chinese icon in Kobe on Lakers. If the Rockets dont make this move who is going to pay to watch this team, even though they prob had the best draft of any team imo young talent takes a while to establish themselves look at the thunder. and think about it the contract is only 3 years so this time 2 years froim now we will have a young team gaining experience and their pg coming into a contract year which usually makes players play harder because their season is pretty much a determination of their next contract. imo this was one of the smartest front office moves i have seen in a while. knicks yet again...FAIL. lol

javaid64
10-15-2012, 02:13 AM
HOU is no idiot this is a win-win situation. do you really think the attention Lin gets the wont get their 25 million back, they have been irrelevant in the league since yao's injury in 09. this will get seats in the stands, jersey sales, endorsements from companies, and improve their already immaculate fan-base in China. this move alone will prob make them an easy 100 million over the 3 years. you do the math. the first game yao and yi played garnered 200 million+ views globally making it one of the highest viewed games of all time and this was just REG SEASON!!!! So imagine the amount of views they will get when they play another Chinese icon in Kobe on Lakers. If the Rockets dont make this move who is going to pay to watch this team, even though they prob had the best draft of any team imo young talent takes a while to establish themselves look at the thunder. and think about it the contract is only 3 years so this time 2 years froim now we will have a young team gaining experience and their pg coming into a contract year which usually makes players play harder because their season is pretty much a determination of their next contract. imo this was one of the smartest front office moves i have seen in a while. knicks yet again...FAIL. lol

explain to me what method you are using to calculate they will easily make 100 million over 3 years because of lin.

i as a knick fan dont give a sh** about the montery gains of a players but rather if that player produces. if ur only argument is he asian and he will make alot of money, u sir are ********.

25 games isnt a strong enough sample size for it to dictate he will be worth that money or if he will continue to keep up the production he had on the knicks.

Steelers23_06
10-15-2012, 02:26 AM
explain to me what method you are using to calculate they will easily make 100 million over 3 years because of lin.

i as a knick fan dont give a sh** about the montery gains of a players but rather if that player produces. if ur only argument is he asian and he will make alot of money, u sir are ********.

25 games isnt a strong enough sample size for it to dictate he will be worth that money or if he will continue to keep up the production he had on the knicks.

http://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2012/07/how-much-is-jeremy-lin-really-worth-to-an-nba-team/259876/

there you go buddy. and lin isnt a better investment then a player pushing 40 or an inconsistent 27 year old? hes only 24 and willing to take the back seat to the big names that are already in play. idc what you say i think it was a dumb gm move...wouldnt be the first time.

N3TS
10-15-2012, 04:27 AM

Yea, I agree Felton isn't fat and we will see if letting Lin go was a mistake or not. In my opinion I believe with the additions the Knicks made this offseason they are much better and Felton is a low risk player, but once again we will see this upcoming season if it was in fact the right choice.

Mr. Koobs
10-15-2012, 05:30 AM
This from the NY Daily News... Hmmm. Sounds unbiased to me. Seems more like a sour grapes article and thread. If he had stayed in NY, the tune would be totally different.

You obviously are not familiar with the New York media. If Lin was still a Knick, and started off this poorly (especially after yesterday’s game), he would be getting killed…preseason or not. He would’ve probably knocked the Yanks, Giants, and Jets off today’s back pages.

The New York media love to eat their own.

It’s what they do.

As for me, I’m in the middle on Lin. I don’t think he’s some D-league scrub as some do, but neither do I think he is destined to be a top 7 or 8 PG as some do. I think he will level off as an average to slightly above average starter…or an excellent backup.

I wish him luck.

But I am also more than happy with Felton/Kidd/Pablo.

xxcubs22xx
10-15-2012, 05:52 AM
Fact: Kidd + Felton + Prigoni > Lin + Douglas + Bibby + Davis

That's all that matters.

This.

Lin still has a long way to go. I'm curious of how many turnovers he will get this year.

Felton and Kidd are solid PG's. The Knicks could have went after better players, but it's not a total loss.

YashBoone
10-15-2012, 08:00 AM

you are right it counts as 8 millions per year on the rockets cap....but the payments will be 5 5 15. all though he will be 8 against the cap this year he will only receive 5 and similar with the final year of his deal where it will count for 8 against cap but he will receive 15.

The rockets are allowed to distribute the contract evenly over the length of the contract.... The Knicks couldn't have done that.... That is what the poison pill is all about.

elledaddy
10-15-2012, 08:09 AM

Just for the record, fan base in china doesn't do anything for Houston. Any money made there goes to all NBA teams equally. Also, Lin jerseys sold anywhere other then inside Houston's arena or houston's online site does not go to houston. All these things that ppl are speaking on is with the assumption that Lin will do very well and Houston will be winning. When Yao was playing, atleast Houston was winning to go with him being chinese. If Lin is let's say average AND houston is in the 11th or 12th spot, how long will those fans still pay to watch?

xcrisisx
10-15-2012, 08:12 AM
they could not pay him
period

ziglur
10-15-2012, 08:44 AM
Lin better make all the money he can. He will be a second stringer soon. Too slow and doesnt read things well. The quick pgs will own him..The Knicks knew that.

ziglur
10-15-2012, 08:50 AM
Double and triple team Novac and see how well he shoots! You are silly

koreancabbage
10-15-2012, 09:04 AM
I think he has to adjust to the 2 guys coming at him off screens now. make him give up the ball and fluster him.

in NY, he had Amare. a star player.

In Houston, he has noone, no proven talent. 1-10, and horrible all round stats. Until someone else steps and up and becomes a bonafide star Jeremy Lin is going to suffer and probably be benched. but hey- he's making good money.

Jroz
10-15-2012, 10:48 AM

Yea umm...so were Lin's. Compare his #s with D'antoni and with Woodson

nycericanguy
10-15-2012, 10:50 AM
I think he has to adjust to the 2 guys coming at him off screens now. make him give up the ball and fluster him.

in NY, he had Amare. a star player.

In Houston, he has noone, no proven talent. 1-10, and horrible all round stats. Until someone else steps and up and becomes a bonafide star Jeremy Lin is going to suffer and probably be benched. but hey- he's making good money.

According to most on PSD Amare is far from a STAR player.

But Lin actually didn't play with Amare too much. Amare was hurt, thats what made Lin most impressive. He was winning with a lineup of Chandler, Jeffries, Novak & Fields.

koreancabbage
10-15-2012, 10:54 AM
According to most on PSD Amare is far from a STAR player.

But Lin actually didn't play with Amare too much. Amare was hurt, thats what made Lin most impressive. He was winning with a lineup of Chandler, Jeffries, Novak & Fields.

i know. crazy. but Fields Novak and Jeffries were making their shots. And they weren't doubling Lin in NY (other than Miami at times)

Amare is star player just not a top whatever arbitrary number they place him at. he's just not a superstar.

nycericanguy
10-15-2012, 10:59 AM
i know. crazy. but Fields Novak and Jeffries were making their shots. And they weren't doubling Lin in NY (other than Miami at times)

Amare is star player just not a top whatever arbitrary number they place him at. he's just not a superstar.

Teams were doubling Lin crazy hard! Starting with the Lakers game where he dropped 38... and then DAL was all over him and he still put up 28/14 & 7.

Looking back that was such an amazing run, not sure we'll ever see anything like that again. There was probably some luck involved. You have to think Lin must be feeling a ton of pressure going from a D-leaguer with no expectations to the franchise player with a $25m+ contract.

Evolution23
10-15-2012, 12:26 PM
He's overrated. He did his thing last year because the Knicks no other options at the 1.

ewing
10-15-2012, 04:38 PM
Lin is going to have troubling checking Russel Westbrook one on one? Really?

HoodedSB
10-15-2012, 05:59 PM
http://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2012/07/how-much-is-jeremy-lin-really-worth-to-an-nba-team/259876/

there you go buddy. and lin isnt a better investment then a player pushing 40 or an inconsistent 27 year old? hes only 24 and willing to take the back seat to the big names that are already in play. idc what you say i think it was a dumb gm move...wouldnt be the first time.

That article is a little misleading, because they use the bump in msg's stock prices during the linsanity media blitz which you gotta admit is a unique circumstance which may not apply to a team that isn't in new york, and also doesn't take into account the fact that a percentage of jersey sales and merchandise is shared equally among all the players, and the rest is shared equally among all the teams. Lins jersey sales don't help the rockets (other than visibility and advertising) any more than they help any other team.

nycericanguy
10-15-2012, 06:11 PM
^ not to mention the MSG stock continues to go up AFTER Lin went to HOU.

HoodedSB
10-15-2012, 06:14 PM
Really? I was wondering about that, the article never mentioned the stock value after he left. Interesting...

xxplayerxx23
10-15-2012, 06:40 PM
17 and 8.

JordansBulls
10-15-2012, 07:47 PM
http://m.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/lawrence-lin-rockets-bargained-article-1.1182684

Thoughts??

You would have paid him that much?

QueensG_718
10-15-2012, 11:17 PM
We almost traded shump for nash. That should tell you alot about knicks management. Shump is going to he a stud

WAYNEBO
10-15-2012, 11:22 PM
That was a desperado move to get a PG to win NOW. Shump will need another season or two just to be considered consistently good. So with that in mind, it was the right call. Especially since Toronto deliberatly signed Fields just to spoil our attempts at Nash.

That worked out well. Toronto and Houston now have to 'splain to their fans those ridonkulous contracts they signed respectively.

jam
10-16-2012, 12:23 AM
Dude absolutely trashes the entire league, singlehandedly rescues the knicks from the lottery, becomes the most famous athlete in the world, and gives knicks fans newfound hope after 12 years of being a piece of garbage, and now all of that is worthless.

Instead, we must assess his future based upon one pre-season game while he is still recovering from knee surgery. The stupidity of knicks fans knows no bounds. Please, keep failing as a single, mass horde.

Mr. Koobs
10-16-2012, 07:17 AM
We almost traded shump for nash. That should tell you alot about knicks management. Shump is going to he a stud

If I recall correctly...and if the stories are to be believed...we did NOT almost trade Shump for Nash. The reason the Nash trade didn't go down (after Toronto signed Landry to the offer sheet) was because we wouldn't trade Shump.

Jesse2272
10-16-2012, 07:31 AM
^thats how I remember it

ewing
10-16-2012, 08:50 AM
The Lin agruement is ridiculous. Yes he is overpaid but the Knicks still should have paid him. The New York Knicks as an organization will make money regardless, their ownership already has so much money that they don't mind throwing it away, and in year 3 of the Lin contract the team is so far over the cap with or with out Lin that there ability to make moves to bring in other players is not hurt by signing Lin.

So the question becomes do you want a 24 year old PG prospect with elite driving ability or do you want to let him walk for nothing?

Its not a hard one to answer.

dnewguy
10-16-2012, 11:42 AM
So the Knicks let Lin go and then picked up Camby and J Kidd for a bigger price? Talk about priorities.

Da Knicks
10-16-2012, 11:51 AM
So the Knicks let Lin go and then picked up Camby and J Kidd for a bigger price? Talk about priorities.

Its called winning, and the final year of Lins contract was backloaded which would of effected everything. 25 games is not enough to warrant such a big contract, good for Lin bad for the Rockets. Lin and Asik will get Morey fired, overpayed bigtime for those two guys...

kartyea
10-16-2012, 11:52 AM
The Lin agruement is ridiculous. Yes he is overpaid but the Knicks still should have paid him. The New York Knicks as an organization will make money regardless, their ownership already has so much money that they don't mind throwing it away, and in year 3 of the Lin contract the team is so far over the cap with or with out Lin that there ability to make moves to bring in other players is not hurt by signing Lin.

So the question becomes do you want a 24 year old PG prospect with elite driving ability or do you want to let him walk for nothing?

Its not a hard one to answer.

Come on now, I wouldn't say elite driving ability but he did know when to go. The fact is the driving lanes were open for all the pg's Lin was the only one who used it. Before Lin got on the team me and a few friends would watch the games when it was TD or Shump and wonder why don't they attack the rim it's open all the time. I even posted about it before Lin. For some reason they would dribble around the perimeter instead of attacking. I was more impressed with his ability to score, as far as driving it was open pretty much any pg who woulda drove could've got in the lane it was always open.

GiantsSwaGG
10-16-2012, 12:06 PM

ewing
10-16-2012, 01:35 PM
Come on now, I wouldn't say elite driving ability but he did know when to go. The fact is the driving lanes were open for all the pg's Lin was the only one who used it. Before Lin got on the team me and a few friends would watch the games when it was TD or Shump and wonder why don't they attack the rim it's open all the time. I even posted about it before Lin. For some reason they would dribble around the perimeter instead of attacking. I was more impressed with his ability to score, as far as driving it was open pretty much any pg who woulda drove could've got in the lane it was always open.

I don't know what you watched but Lin can get to the hole and finish better then most guards in the league (this is what i meant by being able to drive) . That's only 1 skill and hardly makes a legit guard by itself but its one he has and its the reason he got buckets.

WAYNEBO
10-16-2012, 01:54 PM
If I recall correctly...and if the stories are to be believed...we did NOT almost trade Shump for Nash. The reason the Nash trade didn't go down (after Toronto signed Landry to the offer sheet) was because we wouldn't trade Shump.

I thought so too, but I read somewhere that he was offered... so who knows what is true.

If Nash's baby-momma lived in NY, the Suns would have Shumped on that deal.

KnickaBocka.44
10-16-2012, 02:21 PM
I thought so too, but I read somewhere that he was offered... so who knows what is true.

If Nash's baby-momma lived in NY, the Suns would have Shumped on that deal.

I think that the Suns' wanted Shump and Fields and the Knicks were weary about including Shump in the deal and exploring other ways to get it done without including him(i.e. getting another team involved). While they were doing that, the Raptors offered that contract to Fields (which the Suns were not prepared to match financially in a sign and trade) and that is when the trade fell apart.

BroadwayBullies
10-16-2012, 02:25 PM
Should've gotten something for him. Regardless of what side of the fence you're on about him if the Knicks did match the Rockets offer, worse case scenario they could've shipped him off midseason and receive SOMETHING back at least. To let a young prospect like him go for nothing made zero sense. He must've did the renegotiation tactic, that's the only logical explanation as to why the Knicks didn't match (especially with Woody being so vocal that they would.)

Anyway I wish him luck in Houston and hope he learns how to go to his left. If he can get that down, he could be pretty dam effective.

kartyea
10-16-2012, 02:42 PM
I don't know what you watched but Lin can get to the hole and finish better then most guards in the league (this is what i meant by being able to drive) . That's only 1 skill and hardly makes a legit guard by itself but its one he has and its the reason he got buckets.

If you say, but as I said it was always open, and we'll see how elite his driving is this year. I know It's only preseason but that elite driving hasn't shown up yet, and remember off of screens and picks It's always room to drive now just because our guards didn't do it doesn't make his driving elite, it just made the rest of them bad. And remember we had a bonafied bum in duhon who got to the rack all the time, he was slow and couldn't finish but I'm sure you'd agree his driving wasn't elite, it was open and he went.

LOOTERX9
10-16-2012, 04:28 PM
Dude absolutely trashes the entire league, singlehandedly rescues the knicks from the lottery, becomes the most famous athlete in the world, and gives knicks fans newfound hope after 12 years of being a piece of garbage, and now all of that is worthless.

Instead, we must assess his future based upon one pre-season game while he is still recovering from knee surgery. The stupidity of knicks fans knows no bounds. Please, keep failing as a single, mass horde.

I'm a knick fan but I gotta agree with you on most your points here. The attitude knick fans have toward a kid that saved their season and saved melo/amare from being called pure losers/bums is pretty dispicable. NY was dead until Lin literally saved the season. But yet lin is not worth his contract while our supposed superstar melo is:confused: What has melo done on the knicks to suggest he deserves all the money he's being paid? melo would have missed the playoffs if LIN did not save his out of shape *** last year

uprightciti
10-16-2012, 04:34 PM
i think the lin thing was a fluke provided there was energy surging threw out a weakened league suffering from a lockout

the knicks not matching lin was the right move

developmentally he will never be a player that will be mentioned with greats...ever

kidd, camby, melo, chander, amare

they will be remembered

LOOTERX9
10-16-2012, 04:47 PM
i think the lin thing was a fluke provided there was energy surging threw out a weakened league suffering from a lockout

developmentally he will never be a player that will be mentioned with greats...ever

they will be remembered

Umm what is a 40 year old kidd, a 38 year old camby, a clumsy chandler and a injury proned amare going to win the knicks:confused: Not to mention ny has a ray felton who we already know is a below average pg and will never be anything more than average.. Atleast lin proved he can play against nba talent and he has room to get better. the old players on the knicks are what they are, and that's old past prime players that can't get any better.

jam
10-16-2012, 04:50 PM

they will be remembered

Damn, son, pass me suma dat chronic. Light a blaze, foo!!!!

beasted86
10-16-2012, 11:57 PM

I'm not sure you are right.... but what he's paid makes no difference whatsoever. All that matters is cap hit, and traded salary amount if they want to move him later on.

Debating whether he actually receives $5M, $8M, or $15M is for the birds.

jam
10-17-2012, 12:10 AM
I'm a knick fan but I gotta agree with you on most your points here. The attitude knick fans have toward a kid that saved their season and saved melo/amare from being called pure losers/bums is pretty dispicable. NY was dead until Lin literally saved the season. But yet lin is not worth his contract while our supposed superstar melo is:confused: What has melo done on the knicks to suggest he deserves all the money he's being paid? melo would have missed the playoffs if LIN did not save his out of shape *** last year

It's really not Carmelo's or Amare's fault that they don't play well together. Carmelo needs the ball in his hands all the time, and Amare needs his PG looking for him at all times. It's impossible to implement both agendas simultaneously. It's one or the other.

And whose fault is it for bringing oil and water together? It's obviously Dolan who green lit this stupid personnel decision.

Hiring woody long term was a great decision, but he can't force these two disparate elements to work together. He can't force or teach Amare to become a quality defender.

The only saving grace for the knicks is the fact that they place in a weak conference. But even that would not have saved them from 10 of 11 seasons going to the lottery were it not for lin.

The bottom line is, the knicks were garbage last season without lin and no one in their right mind can deny that.

jam
10-17-2012, 12:18 AM
I'm not sure you are right.... but what he's paid makes no difference whatsoever. All that matters is cap hit, and traded salary amount if they want to move him later on.

Debating whether he actually receives $5M, $8M, or $15M is for the birds.

There's no cap hit until season 3 for the knicks. By that time, they could have utilized his talents for two full seasons at a bargain rate of $5 mil per. If things didn't work out, they could've traded him as a valuable expiring coming off the books.

Or, they could'v used the stretch provision, waiving him and paying off the $15 mil over 3 seasons.

In other words, the knicks could have very easily avoided the lux tax.

But they didn't want to. Dolan was too butthurt that the Rockets out-negotiated them and let Lin walk.

Dolan is a brat. He's earned nothing and is simply sucking on the teat of entitlement from his father.

The knicks will ALWAYS be a joke with Dolan at the helm.

kartyea
10-17-2012, 10:56 AM
Umm what is a 40 year old kidd, a 38 year old camby, a clumsy chandler and a injury proned amare going to win the knicks:confused: Not to mention ny has a ray felton who we already know is a below average pg and will never be anything more than average.. Atleast lin proved he can play against nba talent and he has room to get better. the old players on the knicks are what they are, and that's old past prime players that can't get any better.

Corrections felton is an above average pg and has been for years, he had one bad season last year but a lot of guys did and reported out of shape due to the lockout. But he always could run a team and was a low turnover guy. Lin although I liked him for what he did, never ran the team well. He made landry, novak , and Chandler look good but at the expense of our best offensive players.

And this mainly happened because he was busy looking for his own shots. Say what you want about felton but he has the whole team looking well, and he has Chandler looking better and catching more oops and getting more easy buckets than he did with Lin and it's only preseason.

Dankster
10-17-2012, 11:04 AM
Corrections felton is an above average pg and has been for years, he had one bad season last year but always could run a team and was a low turnover guy. Lin although I liked him for what he did, never ran the team well. He made landry, novak , and Chandler look good but at the expense of our best offensive players.

And this mainly happened because he was busy looking for his own shots. Say what you want about felton but he has the whole team looking well, and he has Chandler looking better and catching more oops and getting more easy buckets than he did with Lin and it's only preseason.

No need to even defend Felton, kartyea. Let the season play out and than we can truly assess the state of both teams as far as PG play goes.

I will say his first few games in preseason, Lin has shown ZERO ability to be able to penetrate/drive going left. This isn't AAU ball, opposing teams coaches will have a pretty simple gameplan for him if he doesn't learn how to show some ambidexterity when penetrating into the lane.

What I'm looking more interested to see is if he can continue his torrid stretch from the perimeter- specifically the long 2 point shot. Historically speaking, that's the worst shot to take as far as efficiency goes, but it was what he was most effective in during his linsanity stretch that gave him those nice looking numbers for those few weeks.

I highly doubt he can continue maintaining a high clip from the long 2's, unless he's somehow become a hybrid of Reggie Miller and Larry Bird, which I can safely say he is not.

Felton's responsibilities are much different than Lin's- Jeremy has a good amount of burden on his shoulders this upcoming year as he's become the focal point to the Rockets offense, is obviously on a team with less talent, and teams now have a good idea on his modus operandi. Felton just has to be more of a maestro than a shoot first type of PG that Lin showed he was during his stretch. Lin's assist #'s looked good last year, but make no mistake he's a shoot first type of player.

yankeeswin27
10-17-2012, 11:34 AM
Its not might have the knicks did make a smart move by not paying a guy that had 30 good games in his career that wanted top money.

heyman321
10-17-2012, 10:07 PM
Lin looked real nice today, against the best team they've played all pre-season. Just reinforces the fact: pre-season means nothing.

Raph12
10-17-2012, 11:55 PM
Lin was vastly overrated, even prior to his knee injury... There was no way he'd continue playing the way he was.

rocketfuel
10-18-2012, 12:00 AM
A lot of angry spurned ex girlfriends are just going to be mad at Lin and hope he fails. A lot of backwards rationalizing going on now. All I saw in the games and Sportscenter highlights last season were these same fans going crazy with the masks and signs. At that time, he was an "amazing passer." None of these sudden critiques last year. Now, Felton and Kidd are being talked up.

biglove44
10-18-2012, 01:43 AM
I can't believe so many people believe the NYDN. Why on earth would HOU or any other team's coaching staff confide in the NYDN? They wouldn't.

Here's Houston's response:

That morning, an unnamed source had charged in a New York newspaper that Rockets coaches were unhappy with him over a lack of effort to improve, which they considered so inaccurate they said the issue was that he has worked too hard and they wanted him to back off.

"I know everybody on our coaching staff has nothing but complete faith in Jeremy,” assistant coach Kelvin Sampson said. “We watch him practice every day. If anything, you have to pull him back. He works as hard as anybody on this team.

“Jeremy and the guy he works with on shooting (Josh Fan) come in at night, and we’ve talked about as a staff monitoring how much he does so he doesn’t overdo it. I’ve never heard anything about him not working hard enough. If anything, he works too hard.”
http://blog.chron.com/ultimaterockets/2012/10/lin-trying-to-get-his-mojo-back/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

jam
10-18-2012, 02:27 AM
I've never seen this level of petty hatred leveled at an athlete before, and as you point out, it's all completely fabricated.

These world of warcraft pimply faced nerds who masturbate to carmelo anthony posters can't fathom the possibility of a non-black athlete playing at a high level.

I can't believe so many people believe the NYDN. Why on earth would HOU or any other team's coaching staff confide in the NYDN? They wouldn't.

Here's Houston's response:

http://blog.chron.com/ultimaterockets/2012/10/lin-trying-to-get-his-mojo-back/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

xcrisisx
10-18-2012, 05:13 AM
I've never seen this level of petty hatred leveled at an athlete before, and as you point out, it's all completely fabricated.

These world of warcraft pimply faced nerds who masturbate to carmelo anthony posters can't fathom the possibility of a non-black athlete playing at a high level.

nono that has to be lebron
some guy out there even wrote a book to express his hate http://www.amazon.com/The-Whore-Akron-Search-LeBron/dp/0062066366
and a lot of jerseys got burned that night
lin is pretty actually pretty beloved :)