PDA

View Full Version : How much would Lebron's game change if the NBA started calling travelling violations?

Chill_Will_24
10-13-2012, 12:59 PM
First of all i am not a Lebron hater. I have no issues with him and i am fully aware that many in the game aside from him today have horrible footwork and might be impacted.

However as the best player in the game i wonder how his game would change if the NBA got strict on travelling violations and i thought he would be a prime example. Even Heat fans must admit Lebron has horrible footwork. Maybe because he is also a football player idk but the man seemingly travels at least a dozen times a game.

Do refs ignore his travels? Because to be honest some of them are pretty blatant.

Which other top players would be most impacted if the NBA started calling travelling violations correctly?

Seems like by failing to call travelling violations, the NBA promotes bad fundamentals and indirectly penalizes players like Al Jefferson, Melo, Scola etc that have great footwork.

Opinions? Should the NBA crack down on travelling? Would it improve the game?

EDIT: I mean he is already almost impossible to stop and the best player in the game. Does he really need any extra help from the refs to make it even more difficult for opposing teams by letting him just blatantly travel all over the place?

Taimla
10-13-2012, 01:01 PM
he would be turnover machine!

Kashmir13579
10-13-2012, 01:04 PM
:yawn:

Your not even a good troll, dude. Give it up.

KnicksR4Real
10-13-2012, 01:06 PM
lol

Chill_Will_24
10-13-2012, 01:08 PM
:yawn:

Your not even a good troll, dude. Give it up.

Wow really? Why even bother posting? I would not put so much effort forth in typing this **** out if i just felt like trolling.

I wont even bother with you kid cuz i want people to actually discuss the topic and not turn this into some dickriding "your a troll blah blah blah" thing

poleandreel
10-13-2012, 01:09 PM
stupid thread

Chill_Will_24
10-13-2012, 01:14 PM
I am watching an NBA game and start thinking about something (whether it is a stupid thought or not is irrelevant) and i decide to make a topic about it so i can discuss it, and the most i can get is an lol a guy calling me a troll and a guy saying its a stupid thread...

Wow this site sucks now :pity:

If its a dumb thought then whatever call me stupid and tell me why you think so. Dont just be the idiot that cries "troll" and says "stupid thread"

Cmon ppl

justinnum1
10-13-2012, 01:17 PM
:sigh:

godolphins
10-13-2012, 01:18 PM
LeBron only travels because he knows he can get away with it. He didn't travel much in the Olympics because he knew he wasn't going to be able to get away with it. While Durant had trouble adapting to those calls.

Gram
10-13-2012, 01:22 PM
What's up with all these comments? It's actually a good question. Alotta LeBron's drives incude travelling. No idea how many, but it could cut maybe 8ppg offa his total per game, unless of course he works on his footwork.

koreancabbage
10-13-2012, 01:25 PM
How much would PSD's dumb thread count go down if Chill_Will didn't post in it? probably not too much.

The same can be said about the NBA and its players. nothing will change.

NFLNBA
10-13-2012, 01:26 PM
In all honesty with all the acting and flopping Lebron does its hard to focus on his feet. There should be 1 ref who just focuses on traveling because the game happens so fast and they have to look for all the contact during the plays as well. In the olmpics with overseas refs they allowed a lot more contact and you are allowed to check some closer and they focus more on the fundementals of the game like traveling, double dribble ect. Kinda like the NBA of the 80's and 90's where you could play defense on someone., If you farted by lebron in the 80's and early 90's he wouldnt be on the FT line. If you stood your ground and Lebron acted like he got hit by a truck and holding his face like he has a concussion the refs would tell him to stop being a acting pu$$y and play on.

Chill_Will_24
What's up with all these comments? It's actually a good question. Alotta LeBron's drives incude travelling. No idea how many, but it could cut maybe 8ppg offa his total per game, unless of course he works on his footwork.

Its not even just him. A lot of players today have horrible footwork. I used Lebron because he is THE best player in the game and a prime example.

koreancabbage

lets not focus on Lebron, how about all players- they all travel, drag their feet etc.

Gram
10-13-2012, 01:27 PM
lets not focus on Lebron, how about all players- they all travel, drag their feet etc.

Why would I go off topic if I've gotten in trouble for it in the past?

Chill_Will_24
10-13-2012, 01:31 PM
In all honesty with all the acting and flopping Lebron does its hard to focus on his feet. There should be 1 ref who just focuses on traveling because the game happens so fast and they have to look for all the contact during the plays as well. In the olmpics with overseas refs they allowed a lot more contact and you are allowed to check some closer and they focus more on the fundementals of the game like traveling, double dribble ect. Kinda like the NBA of the 80's and 90's where you could play defense on someone., If you farted by lebron in the 80's and early 90's he wouldnt be on the FT line. If you stood your ground and Lebron acted like he got hit by a truck and holding his face like he has a concussion the refs would tell him to stop being a acting pu$$y and play on.

Eh i dont have too much issue with his flopping because i feel many other players are worse with that. Flopping is an issue with most players today.

Footwork is an fundamental of basketball that has slowly died away. A lot of top players today have bad footwork and i feel the NBA promotes it by not focusing on it.

I wonder how many players would adjust if the NBA started cracking down on it.

I didn't know i would become the all time scapegoat for "dumb threads" by voicing my random question

mvb815
10-13-2012, 01:31 PM
chances are if the nba started calling travelling lebron would adjust his game accordingly due to the fact that he is the best player in the world

that answer your stupid question?

ThunderousDemon
10-13-2012, 01:32 PM
Lebron doesn't travel, he just "crab dribbles"according to him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wPtCPaTWu4

Chill_Will_24
10-13-2012, 01:35 PM

Damn are you really that butthurt that i used Lebron as an example? Is it like that touchy a subject for you?

It so happens i was watching an old Cavaliers game when i started thinking about this and so i used him as an example being that he is the best player in the game i thought he would be the best example

You are correct though. As i pointed out in the thread there are many other players with bad footwork and i wonder how many will adjust.

jeez i know Lebron is untouchable on the court but i didn't know he was also untouchable in forums

Chill_Will_24
10-13-2012, 01:37 PM
chances are if the nba started calling travelling lebron would adjust his game accordingly due to the fact that he is the best player in the world

that answer your stupid question?

Yes. That answers my stupid question. Now i'll go back to smokin weed err day

ink
10-13-2012, 02:11 PM
Imagine how much MJ's game would have changed.

IndyRealist
10-13-2012, 02:47 PM
LeBron only travels because he knows he can get away with it. He didn't travel much in the Olympics because he knew he wasn't going to be able to get away with it. While Durant had trouble adapting to those calls.

This. Lebron doesn't need the help. Even if they started calling travelling strictly, he'd lose very little to his game once he figured out what was going on.

I don't think it disproportionately affects him, either. The NBA can call it how they want to, as long as they call it the same way for everybody. What gets me is when star players get calls that NO ONE else in the NBA would get in the same situation.

KB-Pau-DH2012
10-13-2012, 02:50 PM
If anything, I think LeBron has gotten better over the years, and the fact that he plays now a lot in the post, his game would still be effective.

Chill_Will_24
10-13-2012, 02:52 PM
This. Lebron doesn't need the help. Even if they started calling travelling strictly, he'd lose very little to his game once he figured out what was going on.

I don't think it disproportionately affects him, either. The NBA can call it how they want to, as long as they call it the same way for everybody. What gets me is when star players get calls that NO ONE else in the NBA would get in the same situation.

Which players do you think have the worst footwork? How many would suffer from stricter travelling rules?

tapajafri
10-13-2012, 03:16 PM

This might be the dumbest thing I've read on PSD.

Munkeysuit
10-13-2012, 03:51 PM
Man, you people can get mighty creative with the hate huh? it's like everyone's a top flite official these days. Travel? flopper? poor footwork? traveling only when he wants to because FIBA officials are supposedly better than NBA? LMAO, this provided a good laugh, also reinforces that no matter how large his achievements, there are still some that only see the little things.

Munkeysuit
10-13-2012, 03:53 PM
Funniest thing is that the dude who posted this goes out of his way to make it sound like he's NOT a Lebron hater hahaha, and that he's trying to make a legit point HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA ! Comedians I tell you.

Hawkeye15
10-13-2012, 03:53 PM
He would adjust, as everyone else in the NBA over the past 30 years would have done. Ever watch Nique? Did he even dribble?

Hawkeye15
10-13-2012, 03:54 PM
Imagine how much MJ's game would have changed.

Or anyone for that matter. EVERYONE in the NBA who handles the ball a lot travels.

Zefflin
10-13-2012, 03:55 PM
everyone knows what would happen!! haha!

-Kobe24-TJ19-
10-13-2012, 03:56 PM
he would suck then

Chronz
10-13-2012, 04:22 PM
Without a doubt he would lose 20ppg off his average

DR_1
10-13-2012, 04:28 PM
everyone knows what would happen!! haha!

:laugh2: I love you sig dude

Chill_Will_24
10-13-2012, 04:55 PM
Funniest thing is that the dude who posted this goes out of his way to make it sound like he's NOT a Lebron hater hahaha, and that he's trying to make a legit point HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA ! Comedians I tell you.

I have no problems with Lebron. If anything i have a strong dislike Wade

I think ppl are more upset that i used Lebron as an example than they are with me personally. However you could use any player and the issue remains that the fundamentals of the game have been getting lost as the game has evolved.

Some players have worse footwork than others. I just wondered which players would have trouble adjusting to stricter traveling calls

I honestly could give two **** what ppl think of me on an online forum for simply asking a question.

KB-Pau-DH2012
10-13-2012, 05:06 PM

:laugh:

ShowtimeNo24
10-13-2012, 05:36 PM
Any professional basketball player will adapt when the refs start calling traveling violations more frequently. That being said, it will limit their offensive capabilities to certain degree, because then you just can't blow by defenders that easely. That extra step gives a huge advantage over the defence.

The Flash
10-13-2012, 06:01 PM
I was thinking the same thing about Rose carrying the ball like a running back and getting easy foul calls around the rim

dodie53
10-14-2012, 06:12 AM
everybody travels

Storch
10-14-2012, 09:13 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ys59yKPVA4k&feature=endscreen&NR=1

king4day
10-14-2012, 09:19 AM
It would impact his game but I'm sure the entire league is impacted. He's not the only one that gets away with a travel every now and then.

Minimal
10-14-2012, 09:22 AM
I think a lot of players in NBA travel. So this will affect all the players not only LeBron. A lot of players travel on the start of the play, just after catching the ball. IMO all the players would adjust to this type of playing if travelling was called more often, so it wouldn't affect any players game seriously. I believe that refs miss LeBron travels because he moves his feet too fast and its hard to see if he travelled.

Im_in_Mia_bish
10-14-2012, 09:37 AM
he would adjust accordingly, as would majority of nba players that travel on certain plays.

Bramaca
10-14-2012, 12:04 PM
There would be a long adjustment period for a lot of players because this has been going on for a long time (since the 80's, Magic and Jordan used to carry the ball a lot and the Pippen 6-step going in for a dunk). A lot of whistles and play stopages. The players would adjust but it wouldn't be pretty, probably better for the league in the long run though.

Players most affected would be superstars who handle the ball most and probably get more leaway then most. Point guards who carry the ball a lot would also have an adjustment period.

Chronz
10-14-2012, 03:01 PM
Yea players back in the day weren't allowed the freedom ballhandlers have today. Go back and there will be an adjustment period for ALL.

Fnom11
10-14-2012, 05:08 PM
Same way it would change Kobe's, Durant's, Westbrooke's, Roses, Wades, and every other athletic player out there. Technically they all travel. Stupid thread is stupid

ichitownclowni
10-14-2012, 05:14 PM
I was thinking the same thing about Rose carrying the ball like a running back and getting easy foul calls around the rim

Way to bring up Rose. Your a clever one aren't ya?

Ebbs
10-14-2012, 05:30 PM
It would effect every star the same. . . Some calls are missed but it's not like they're letting LeBron have 8 steps every time he drives.

Pfeifer
10-14-2012, 05:31 PM
This is something I think about every time I watch the nba. They should call it a lot more but it will never happen.

Chill_Will_24
10-14-2012, 06:58 PM
This is something I think about every time I watch the nba. They should call it a lot more but it will never happen.

The fundamentals of the game are put on the back burner in order to make players look better. However there are players that have excellent footwork. Melo and Scola come to mind.

I just wish they would clean the game up. Sure letting players take 4-5 steps towards the basket might look flashier cuz it would lead to more dunks and stuff but in the end it's bad for the game. It promotes sloppy play and bad fundamentals

naps
10-14-2012, 07:23 PM
LeBron would become a poor mans Gerald Wallace.

C-Style
10-14-2012, 07:35 PM
Even thought hes a travel machine i think he can adjust no problem...I'm sure he does it cause he knows he can get away with it.

Chronz
10-14-2012, 07:38 PM
Can anyone guess why the NBA started allowing players to carry/palm?

mavsman81
10-14-2012, 07:55 PM
A lot of players would be affected..but superstars always get the call or the benefit of the doubt.

KnicksorBust
10-14-2012, 08:02 PM

First of all, you believe LeBron is scoring 8 points per game on missed travelling calls? That's ridiculous.

Second of all, why focus on this one aspect of the game to perfect? What about illegal screens? What about missed fouls? Sports involve a lot of subjective calls but travelling is one of the least significant offenses.

E.O.21
10-14-2012, 08:17 PM
Terrible attempt at taking shots at lebron

Zefflin
10-14-2012, 08:39 PM
It would effect every star the same. . . Some calls are missed but it's not like they're letting LeBron have 8 steps every time he drives.

No just 4.

Lebron's highlight reel at the end of his career is going to be 75% illegal moves! haha! What a joke!

Bramaca
10-14-2012, 10:18 PM
Can anyone guess why the NBA started allowing players to carry/palm?

Magic used to do it a lot when he was running the showtime run and gun. I think they started to let it go because it was a ratings bonanza and it just snowballed from there.

Raph12
10-14-2012, 10:36 PM
He'd still be a beast, he'd just need to adjust him game, which he seems very capable of doing (see Olympics).

KBfrom8to24
10-15-2012, 12:34 AM
First of all i am not a Lebron hater. I have no issues with him and i am fully aware that many in the game aside from him today have horrible footwork and might be impacted.

However as the best player in the game i wonder how his game would change if the NBA got strict on travelling violations and i thought he would be a prime example. Even Heat fans must admit Lebron has horrible footwork. Maybe because he is also a football player idk but the man seemingly travels at least a dozen times a game.

Do refs ignore his travels? Because to be honest some of them are pretty blatant.

Which other top players would be most impacted if the NBA started calling travelling violations correctly?

Seems like by failing to call travelling violations, the NBA promotes bad fundamentals and indirectly penalizes players like Al Jefferson, Melo, Scola etc that have great footwork.

Opinions? Should the NBA crack down on travelling? Would it improve the game?

EDIT: I mean he is already almost impossible to stop and the best player in the game. Does he really need any extra help from the refs to make it even more difficult for opposing teams by letting him just blatantly travel all over the place?

If that happens then Lebron's being the best player today will be ended. But should there be a crackdown on travelling violations, Miami Heat will be in the bottom of standings, because aside from LBJ, DWade is also prone of travelling violations that the refs usually ignored.

Bruno
10-15-2012, 12:38 AM
he'd rack another 1.0-1.5 TOs per game.

but you can say that about all the stars.