PDA

View Full Version : Lebron James tinkering with new signature move.

Im_in_Mia_bish
10-12-2012, 01:48 PM
not sure if you guys read this, but LeBron has been working this offseason on a few moves down in the post, including Kareem's Sky Hook!

It is becoming apparent that LeBron James won't rest until he's channeled every Hall of Famer's signature move.

Last year it was Hakeem Olajuwon's "Dream Shake." This year it seems that James wants to add Kareem Abdul-Jabbar's sky hook.

That shot was devastating enough to make that Hall of Famer the game's all-time leading scorer.

James tells ESPN.com's Michael Wallace that since he plans to be down on the blocks "even more this year" that he "might as well keep getting more comfortable."

And if developing a near un-blockable shot isn't scary enough for the rest of the NBA, James said he's still too young to know "what my signature move would be."

That sound you hear is the clapping of Hall of Famer and Heat assistant coach Bob McAdoo.

"To already be the best, the most unstoppable player in the game, and still put this kind of work in to pick up little moves here and there to make him even better shows you the kind of great player LeBron is," said McAdoo, who averaged 22.1 points a game and who played against Abdul-Jabbar. "...There's a lot more to it than shooting 3-pointers and athletic dunks. When you get to a certain point, it's about doing whatever you can to complete your game, to have something else to go to when entire teams try to take something else away."

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/miamiheat/post/_/id/15388/james-tinkering-with-new-signature-move

for a guy that doesn't necessarily have a signature move, i really do like it.

What moves do you guys think he should work on?

Im_in_Mia_bish
10-12-2012, 01:50 PM
me personally, I like the fact that he is broadening his game in the post, but at the same time, I really hope he improves his FT shooting.

I would also like him to improve his shooting from beyond 12 ft. But i would be happy with a different set of post moves as well as improved ft shooting.

KB-Pau-DH2012
10-12-2012, 01:50 PM
I know LeBron worked with Hakeem, but I didn't see much of the dream shake from him. Maybe he should work on that move more before moving on to another move.

But have to respect the guy for expanding his game.

KB-Pau-DH2012
10-12-2012, 01:51 PM
me personally, I like the fact that he is broadening his game in the post, but at the same time, I really hope he improves his FT shooting.

I would also like him to improve his shooting from beyond 12 ft. But i would be happy with a different set of post moves as well as improved ft shooting.

He shot 73% from the FT line for the playoffs, but I feel he got better as the playoffs progressed. I think he shot something like 82% in the Finals??

Correct me, some of my percentages may be a little off.

Raps18-19 Champ
10-12-2012, 01:52 PM
Tim Duncan's bank shot.

The backboard will help neutralize the power in his shots.

Im_in_Mia_bish
10-12-2012, 01:52 PM
He shot 73% from the FT line for the playoffs, but I feel he got better as the playoffs progressed. I think he shot something like 82% in the Finals??

Correct me, some of my percentages may be a little off.

yeah it was in the low 80s. he really stepped it up in the finals.

Zefflin
10-12-2012, 01:59 PM
Oh shhhiiittt, Lebrizze getting cereal.

P Harvy
10-12-2012, 02:07 PM
Just going to be more dominant this upcoming season. Looking forward to it.

Im_in_Mia_bish
10-12-2012, 03:29 PM
Tim Duncan's bank shot.

The backboard will help neutralize the power in his shots.

that would be unfair..

GunFactor187
10-12-2012, 03:40 PM
What's Wade doing? lol.

Mr. LA
10-12-2012, 03:56 PM
How about he learns how to SHOOT??

Im_in_Mia_bish
10-12-2012, 05:38 PM
What's Wade doing? lol.

well he supposedly was working with a shooting coach, and healing from his injury..

hmm we will find out this season i guess lol

Im_in_Mia_bish
10-12-2012, 05:38 PM
How about he learns how to SHOOT??

yup thats why he hired a shooting coach to work with this offseason

justinnum1
10-12-2012, 05:46 PM
delete

Im_in_Mia_bish
10-12-2012, 05:47 PM
delete

hmm?

C-Style
10-12-2012, 08:54 PM
He needs to work on his post a lot more room for improvement

Auseranami
10-12-2012, 09:30 PM
He needs to work on his outside and free throw shooting. His post moves are fine. It shows how dependent he was on his athleticism that he's just now 8 years into his career working on different offensive moves.

Supreme LA
10-12-2012, 10:42 PM
He needs to man up and stop flopping like a weenie.

Super.
10-12-2012, 10:46 PM
He needs to man up and stop flopping like a weenie.

So Gasol should be doing that too right?

ink
10-12-2012, 10:47 PM
I thought Lebron's signature move was from Ohio to South Beach. :p

Super.
10-12-2012, 10:51 PM

zing!

Jint.
10-12-2012, 11:01 PM
the MEGA Flop !

KB-Pau-DH2012
10-12-2012, 11:28 PM
Crab Dribble system

b@llhog24
10-12-2012, 11:30 PM
Guess he has to make a new one since the new flopping rules are out.

b@llhog24
10-12-2012, 11:30 PM
Crab Dribble system

:clap:

Supreme LA
10-13-2012, 12:01 AM
So Gasol should be doing that too right?

Yes.

PlezPlayDKnicks
10-13-2012, 12:02 AM
How about a move that doesn't involve traveling for starters lol??? Guy gets gifted the most steps in the league. He's already great no need to get away with murder.

49erGiantLaker
10-13-2012, 12:20 AM
I know LeBron worked with Hakeem, but I didn't see much of the dream shake from him. Maybe he should work on that move more before moving on to another move.

But have to respect the guy for expanding his game.

Nice sig. lol.

Aleksandar
10-13-2012, 08:11 AM

hahah nailed it!

Im_in_Mia_bish
10-13-2012, 09:25 AM
Lol I'm gonna laugh if he ends up having more post moves than Howard. Lol

nickdymez
10-13-2012, 10:14 AM
Heat Forum???????? Because no one cares about Lebron James signature move. I thought his signature move was chocking in the clutch

el hidalgo
10-13-2012, 10:16 AM
Heat Forum???????? Because no one cares about Lebron James signature move. I thought his signature move was chocking in the clutch

he's the most dominant player of the past decade. anything he does can be posted in the nba forum

"chocking" :clap:

Im_in_Mia_bish
10-13-2012, 10:20 AM

typical lakers fan. won't whine about kobe threads being infested all over the nba forum, but gets emotional when an NBA player, who happens to play for the Heat, is improving his POST GAME.

jesus christ.

Im_in_Mia_bish
10-13-2012, 10:21 AM
he's the most dominant player of the past decade. anything he does can be posted in the nba forum

:facepalm:

nickdymez
10-13-2012, 11:38 AM

Did I spell that wrong?? Awwwwwww man!! Thats what that red line means??? Dammit. And let me see....... Its 2012, he is not the most dominate player in the last 10 years? Are you high right now? Has he even been in the league 10 years? You ok man? You worried about grammar but not facts? Typical Heat fan

typical lakers fan. won't whine about kobe threads being infested all over the nba forum, but gets emotional when an NBA player, who happens to play for the Heat, is improving his POST GAME.

jesus christ.

I dont start Kobe threads my Heat brotha, Especially about Kobe Perfecting his jumper. Typical Heat fans making threads about how Lebron is the greatest player on the planet and the greatest *** wiper too.

Im_in_Mia_bish
10-13-2012, 11:44 AM
I dont start Kobe threads my Heat brotha, Especially about Kobe Perfecting his jumper. Typical Heat fans making threads about how Lebron is the greatest player on the planet and the greatest *** wiper too.

oh ok.. so by me posting a thread about an article that was on Espn.com, and almost every basketball related page/article/blog/etc., that means that i am a "Typical Heat fans making threads about how Lebron is the greatest player on the planet and the greatest *** wiper too."

k.

you don't need to start making kobe threads, i said you dont WHINE about it. what does whining about kobe threads have anything to do with you starting them? :confused:

anyways. it's cool tho man, I expected non-bias comments on this article, but you're just fitting the stereotype.

Carry on. :clap:

Evolution23
10-13-2012, 12:21 PM
He needs to work on a move where he doesn't have to take 3 steps to score at the basket. Two steps would be preferable since it's in the rule books.

nickdymez
10-13-2012, 03:55 PM
oh ok.. so by me posting a thread about an article that was on Espn.com, and almost every basketball related page/article/blog/etc., that means that i am a "Typical Heat fans making threads about how Lebron is the greatest player on the planet and the greatest *** wiper too."

k.

you don't need to start making kobe threads, i said you dont WHINE about it. what does whining about kobe threads have anything to do with you starting them? :confused:

anyways. it's cool tho man, I expected non-bias comments on this article, but you're just fitting the stereotype.

Carry on. :clap:

Post the article all you want, IN THE HEAT FORUM!!!!

el hidalgo
10-13-2012, 03:57 PM
Did I spell that wrong?? Awwwwwww man!! Thats what that red line means??? Dammit. And let me see....... Its 2012, he is not the most dominate player in the last 10 years? Are you high right now? Has he even been in the league 10 years? You ok man? You worried about grammar but not facts? Typical Heat fan

It's a testament to how great he is. He has been the most dominant player in the past decade, hands down. People who don't see that need to take their homer goggles off.

Munkeysuit
10-13-2012, 04:17 PM
Guy pretty much destroys every team in the playoffs single handed and haters still say he "chocking" in the clutch? I think it's time to let it go guys, LBJ dissing is getting old and lame, how about dissing Howard or CP3 or Melo? those losers ain't done nada with themselves yet.

Munkeysuit
10-13-2012, 04:23 PM
I think it's a good sign to know he's tryna expand his game, he keeps getting better while everyone's just a witness.

KB-Pau-DH2012
10-13-2012, 04:48 PM

:laugh:

KB-Pau-DH2012
10-13-2012, 04:50 PM

jesus christ.

Your fan base and the other trolls keep making 80% of the Kobe threads in the NBA Forum.

el hidalgo being one of them, he's of your fan base.

mdm692
10-13-2012, 04:55 PM
Guy pretty much destroys every team in the playoffs single handed and haters still say he "chocking" in the clutch? I think it's time to let it go guys, LBJ dissing is getting old and lame, how about dissing Howard or CP3 or Melo? those losers ain't done nada with themselves yet.

Yes because having Wade and Bosh on your team is doing it by yourself :facepalm:

KB-Pau-DH2012
10-13-2012, 05:00 PM
Yes because having Wade and Bosh on your team is doing it by yourself :facepalm:

:rimshot:

el hidalgo
10-13-2012, 05:11 PM
im a bulls fan, not a heat fan. not sure how you came to that conclusion

hgtiger32
10-13-2012, 05:35 PM
I thought his signature move was the one on one fadeaway 3 at the end of games

KnickaBocka.44
10-13-2012, 05:39 PM
Post should have said "LeBron tinkering with someone else's signature move". He's good, but he's not so good that he has a new move every year that makes all of the rest pale in comparison.

My favorite is still the "Crab Dribble" though :D

Im_in_Mia_bish
10-14-2012, 10:41 AM
Post should have said "LeBron tinkering with someone else's signature move". He's good, but he's not so good that he has a new move every year that makes all of the rest pale in comparison.

My favorite is still the "Crab Dribble" though :D

you're missing the point lol he's broadening his game. and he will keep working on these moves until he's really good at it. just think of him working on the sky hook, as improving on his already improved post game.

thats all.

Im_in_Mia_bish
10-24-2012, 09:05 PM
you guys just missed it, lebron just attempted and made his first sky hook, used his left hand.. looked weird but it went in lol