PDA

View Full Version : Thomas Robinson

PleaseBeNice
10-11-2012, 08:01 PM
Im curious as to what all of your opinions on this kid are. How do you think he will end up in this league? A PF or more of a SF? What's his ceiling in your opinion. I LOVE his energy and effort, and feel that he and DeMarcus could be a great tandem down low, and step out to be the SF when we want to go big, seeing as he has excellent lateral quickness and a respectable mid range shot.

Thoughts?

b@llhog24
10-11-2012, 08:06 PM
The next Larry Bird.

sixer04fan
10-11-2012, 08:19 PM
He's gonna be a beast, and his character should take him far in the league. I see him as a PF, consistent double-double guy. He's an impact player, but I don't see him being a superstar or anything quite like that.

Chucky Woods
10-11-2012, 08:22 PM
Love people like him, He's had a lot of hardship in his life and stayed off the streets.
I'm really hoping he flourishes

Gram
10-11-2012, 08:46 PM
He'll be good. Wonderful rebounder, should be a decent scorer. He could probably shut up Evans or Cousins if they say something to him.

DerekRE_3
10-11-2012, 08:57 PM
Paul Millsap with hopefully better defense.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
10-11-2012, 09:06 PM
I can honestly see him being at least a top 3 PF in the game and he's my pick for ROY this season. That front court will be the best in the league in a few years I think.

jericho
10-11-2012, 09:15 PM
i want him to be the star of that team so bad i want the kings in the playoffs again that arena was worst than okc when the kings had good teams back then i want that team to stay in sacto :-( dont move them to seatle

IndyRealist
10-11-2012, 10:03 PM
I haven't had a chance to watch a lot of him, but I'm concerned he thinks he's more of a Lebron James than a Tim Duncan. Whenever I've seen him play to date he's slashing off the wing and putting up jumpers. No back to the basket at all.

Again, I haven't watched any preseason Kings games yet, it's in the cue.

Infamous916
10-11-2012, 10:06 PM
^ Most of his work in college was in the paint, guessing you haven't seen much of him at all.

IndyRealist
10-11-2012, 10:15 PM
^ Most of his work in college was in the paint, guessing you haven't seen much of him at all.

EXACTLY. In college he was back to the basket. In Summer League and the 5 mins of the Kings game I watched, he's playing out at 18 ft.

cuttydoesit6
10-11-2012, 10:21 PM
top 8-10 pf, havin a monster like cousins down low will only help him

xxplayerxx23
10-12-2012, 12:30 AM
Stud, Superstar POT.

Corey
10-12-2012, 12:35 AM

EXACTLY. In college he was back to the basket. In Summer League and the 5 mins of the Kings game I watched, he's playing out at 18 ft.

Jayhawk fan checking in.

If you watched at all last year, you'd see he worked face up deep mid range a lot more than previous years. He made sure to work on his mid range jumper quite a bit last year.

He does most of his scoring in the paint, but he starts out on the foul line extended + top of the key quite a bit as well.

He's not strictly a low block player.

Infamous916
10-12-2012, 01:14 AM
Jayhawk fan checking in.

If you watched at all last year, you'd see he worked face up deep mid range a lot more than previous years. He made sure to work on his mid range jumper quite a bit last year.

He does most of his scoring in the paint, but he starts out on the foul line extended + top of the key quite a bit as well.

Think you took the word "work" literal, Sorry... Let me rephrase that, T-Rob rapes down low!

As for your comment, I'd agree he took more jump shots but that's likely because he was the #1 option. Did notice he didn't hesitate to look for his jumper if any defender backed off, whether that be at the top of the key or at the 3line.

MiamiBoy77
10-12-2012, 01:30 AM
Paul Millsap with hopefully better defense.

ur sig is out of control

aman_13
10-12-2012, 01:41 AM
I think he has top 5 pf potential.

Vinny642
10-12-2012, 02:32 AM
I hope he does good in the league

PleaseBeNice
10-12-2012, 03:14 AM
The only way I see him failing is if for some odd reason he loses motivation and becomes lazy. That'll never happen though. Seeing great things for this Kids future

JasonJohnHorn
10-12-2012, 11:41 AM
I haven't seen him play, but he posted some pretty impressive numbers.. hell, the kid had a 30/20 game... statistically he looks like a power forward and he certainly has the size for it.

Metsboi69
10-12-2012, 12:59 PM
Reminds me so much of Derrick Williams both will be good not great players.

gilly
10-12-2012, 01:19 PM
I feel like he could be the leader that pulls the Kings together. Cousins and Evans need that kick up the *** and he'll give it to them.

da ThRONe
10-12-2012, 01:39 PM
Jayhawk fan checking in.

Honestly with Cousins in the post it's better for Robinson to be able to beat people of the dribble and shot mid range jump shots. Along with being a monster on the board.

Personally I thought he was the best player in the draft. His skillset fits the NBA perfectly. I agree I don't think anybody in the past draft would yield any superstars. But I have Robinson on the list of guys who i think can be.

DubbyDubbs
10-12-2012, 01:50 PM
Jayhawk fan checking in.

Having not seen him, and based solely on this assessment by a fan who has watched him many times, I would say he sounds like a Chris Bosh type PF?

Who can work in the post but also face up past the FT Line and be effective that way.

Again never seen him play but sounds like CB is a good comparison based on what all the posters above me have written.

DerekRE_3
10-12-2012, 02:16 PM
ur sig is out of control

Ron ****ing Swanson.