PDA

View Full Version : Smush Parker responds to Kobe Bryant

Pages : [1] 2

C-Style
10-11-2012, 07:39 PM
Former LA Lakers point guard Smush Parker is calling out Kobe Bryant for being a diva who treated his teammates like crap -- and it comes just hours after Kobe blamed Parker for costing him a huge trophy 7 years ago.

Parker played with Kobe during the 2005-06 season, and tells TMZ the Lakers great is only lashing out because he once dared to say Kobe was "overrated" as a teammate.

Parker's never explained what he meant by that, but now tells us ... Kobe "told me out of his own mouth that I couldn't talk to him. That my accolades under my belt weren't deserving enough for me to talk to him." He also says Kobe didn't talk to most of his teammates.

Parker says he's opening up about Kobe's diss because Kobe told reporters earlier today ... he lost the '05-'06 NBA MVP trophy to Steve Nash because he was surrounded with no-talent players that season.

Kobe said, "I tell Steve, you won MVP, but I was playing with Smush Parker."

Kobe piled on more, saying ... "He shouldn't have been in the NBA but we were too cheap to pay for a point guard. So we let him walk on."

Parker, who's currently hooping overseas, says his stats prove he was far from "the worst" ... as Kobe claims ... and adds, "People lie, numbers don't."

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2012/10/11/kobe-bryant-los-angeles-lakers-smush-parker/#ixzz292LWeH9f

http://www.tmz.com/2012/10/11/kobe-bryant-los-angeles-lakers-smush-parker/

C-Style
10-11-2012, 07:44 PM
BTW his fg numbers after playing with Kobe were 35%, 31% & 36%

C-Style
10-11-2012, 07:47 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lN51HcWCwGs Video of Smush talking about Kobe.

el hidalgo
10-11-2012, 07:48 PM
As Kobe said; peolple lie, numbers don't. You're right Kobe. Numbers show you are very inefficient and overrated. Now that it has come out of Kobe's mouth, with amos1er drop the notion that people's ratings are more significant than stats?

C-Style
10-11-2012, 07:50 PM
As Kobe said; peolple lie, numbers don't. You're right Kobe. Numbers show you are very inefficient and overrated. Now that it has come out of Kobe's mouth, with amos1er drop the notion that people's ratings are more significant than stats?

5 rings! Deal with it

PleaseBeNice
10-11-2012, 07:51 PM
The end all argument of "rings" is a scapegoat

JNoel
10-11-2012, 07:52 PM
Kobe's got a big ego, and I can see him saying **** like that to his teammates.

Andrew32
10-11-2012, 07:58 PM
Kobe "told me out of his own mouth that I couldn't talk to him. That my accolades under my belt weren't deserving enough for me to talk to him."
What a great leader, lol. :facepalm:
I can picture Kobe saying that in his forced deep voice.

Parker, who's currently hooping overseas, says his stats prove he was far from "the worst" ... as Kobe claims ... and adds, "People lie, numbers don't."
Agreed.
Parker was not a great player but he was far from being the worst player or pg in the league.
12 / 3 / 4apg / 2spg on 55%TS are more then respectable numbers for a roleplayer type PG and he was a decent defender also.

Kobe is just horribly spoiled / arrogant.

tbone2171
10-11-2012, 08:05 PM
Bryant = pure class

C-Style
10-11-2012, 08:06 PM

If u think Kobe is a bad leader you must think Jordan is the worst leader of all-time lol

Agreed.
Parker was not a great player but he was far from being the worst player or pg in the league.
12 / 3 / 4apg / 2spg on 55%TS are more then respectable numbers for a roleplayer type PG and he was a decent defender also.

Yeah He put up those numbers with the great Kobe but did u see how amazing Wade made him look?

P Harvy
10-11-2012, 08:08 PM
But Kobe is a hero to so many lol

Andrew32
10-11-2012, 08:10 PM
If u think Kobe is a bad leader you must think Jordan is the worst leader of all-time lol

Yeah He put up those numbers with the great Kobe but did u see how amazing Wade made him look?

I doubt Jordan ever told his teammates they weren't accoladed enough to talk to him.

Smush didn't get consistent burn in Miami and he wasn't starting anymore.
His P36 numbers in terms of volume were better the year after he left LAL.

You seem to want to credit Parkers play to Kobe but it doesn't seem like Kobe even spoke to him and he treated Smush like $hite when they were together.

Perhaps he felt threatened by Parkers hidden potential.

Chucky Woods
10-11-2012, 08:12 PM
As Kobe said; peolple lie, numbers don't. You're right Kobe. Numbers show you are very inefficient and overrated. Now that it has come out of Kobe's mouth, with amos1er drop the notion that people's ratings are more significant than stats?I'm a Laker fan and agree, although I love Kobe he has been over rated most of his career. But he performs when the pressure is at its highest in the moments he has to. He still is all time top 10 though

Chucky Woods
10-11-2012, 08:13 PM

Yeah He put up those numbers with the great Kobe but did u see how amazing Wade made him look?I wouldn't say either are bad leaders, just gigantic *******s with huge egos

ink
10-11-2012, 08:18 PM
Kobe said, "I tell Steve, you won MVP, but I was playing with Smush Parker."

That kind of crap talk from Kobe is exactly why many of us didn't want Kobe to win. No MVP talks like that.

And I don't care if anyone can find other examples of stars who throw their teammates under the bus. No one in recent memory has done it as pitilessly as Kobe.

Sad. Tarnishes a good career.

C-Style
10-11-2012, 08:21 PM
I doubt Jordan ever told his teammates they weren't accoladed enough to talk to him.

You seem to want to credit Parkers play to Kobe but it doesn't seem like Kobe even spoke to him and he treated Smush like $hite when they were together.

"You're an idiot. You've screwed up every play we ever ran. You're too stupid to even remember the plays. We ought to get rid of you." - Michael to Horace Grant

"I hate being out there with those garbagemen. They don't get you the ball."

"They've got no idea what it's all about. The white guys, they work hard, but they don't have the talent. And the rest of them? Who knows what to expect? They're not good for much of anything."

"He can't do anything with the ball. Don't give it to him." - Michael yelling at Paxson who passed the ball to Perdue

"They don't need a ticket to watch you sitting on the bench. They can go to your house for that." - Michael to Charles Davis who was sorting through his tickets for his family and friends

"If you [pass the ball to Bill Cartwright], you'll never get the ball from me."

"If I were a general manager, we'd be a better team."

Smush on Kobe:
"He's amazing, He's a great guy, u can learn a lot and he's been a great teammate to me, he's helped me through the triangle offense and adjusting to Phil Jackson...It's been fun"

shep33
10-11-2012, 08:25 PM
Kobe started firing back at Smush after this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7adyWRtWoFM&feature=related

Still I don't think Kobe should've said anything, but I remember this vid pretty much started his public feud with Smush. Haha don't get me wrong, Kobe is probably right, but I still think thats a harsh thing to say. But at the same time that's an equally horrid thing for Smush to say. Blaming Kobe for every single problem in LA.

It's really weird though, Smush is really the only guy who has been calling Kobe out as a teammate. Lamar Odom, Pau, Bynum, Ron, Shannon Brown, Caron Butler, etc. are all guys that spew nothing but love for him as a teammate.

Lakerhead4ever
10-11-2012, 08:25 PM
Guys who have a strong dislike for Kobe will jump all over this quote and use it as proof to their logics.

They'll say something like "I knew it, this is why Kobe will never be ______". Feel in the blank.

But anyways, I somewhat believe smush. Let's move on

E.O.21
10-11-2012, 08:28 PM
**** teammate. Always was always will be. Great player tho

FOBolous
10-11-2012, 08:29 PM
5 rings! Deal with it

Robert Horry has 7 rings. and? a no name player named Jim Loscutoff has 7 rings too. and?

C-Style
10-11-2012, 08:32 PM
Robert Horry has 7 rings. and? a no name player named Jim Loscutoff has 7 rings too. and?

haha that gets u mad! in case u did not know 1-2options>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Role players

jbeezy
10-11-2012, 08:35 PM
That kind of crap talk from Kobe is exactly why many of us didn't want Kobe to win. No MVP talks like that.

And I don't care if anyone can find other examples of stars who throw their teammates under the bus. No one in recent memory has done it as pitilessly as Kobe.

In your opinion.

E.O.21
10-11-2012, 08:38 PM
In your opinion.

In alot of peoples opinion actually. Thats low

Infamous916
10-11-2012, 08:41 PM
Too much butthurt in this thread.

jbeezy
10-11-2012, 08:43 PM
Its not like those opinions matter. After he retires he will be inducted into the hall of fame, his jersey will be retired, writers from all over will regard him as a top player of all time based on all of his awards and accolades and all of the negative opinions of him will just be that, opinions from misinformed haters and there is nothing they can say or do about it.

KB-Pau-DH2012
10-11-2012, 08:47 PM
KB just has to shut his mouth. He's sounding more incoherent and senile as he ages.

STFU and win us championships dumbass!

Raps18-19 Champ
10-11-2012, 08:47 PM
If it's true, kinda a douchebag move to say you aren't worthy enough of talking to the all mighty Kobe.

KB-Pau-DH2012
10-11-2012, 08:48 PM
C-Style just OWNED this thread.

Trolls go awayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!

WWWhhhhhhheeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!! :laugh2:

KB-Pau-DH2012
10-11-2012, 08:50 PM
If it's true, kinda a douchebag move to say you aren't worthy enough of talking to the all mighty Kobe.

Yeah I don't agree with Mamba here, but remember, 03-07 was when Kobe was at his most selfish prick egotistical self before D-Fish came back to the Lakers in the summer of 07 and straightened him out and restored order. Then Kobe was able to lead by his play while Fish was the vocal ra-ra emotional leader.

LakersA's49ers
10-11-2012, 08:55 PM
Smush wasn't even that terrible lmao

Im_in_Mia_bish
10-11-2012, 08:57 PM
lol c style getting emotional.

dude just face it, kobe pulled a ****** move. dont even try to defend him cos you look stupid doing so.

nickdymez
10-11-2012, 08:58 PM

the number 5 dont lie!

Gritz
10-11-2012, 08:58 PM
Smush was actually a decent defender

KB-Pau-DH2012
10-11-2012, 09:01 PM
Smush was actually a decent defender

Not a great one-on-one defender, but he played the passing lanes pretty well.

C-Style
10-11-2012, 09:09 PM
lol c style getting emotional.

dude just face it, kobe pulled a ****** move. dont even try to defend him cos you look stupid doing so.

:rolleyes:

Slug3
10-11-2012, 09:14 PM
Kobe has a big ego and this makes a lot of people outside of Laker fans dislike him and want him to fail. It doesn't have anything to do with how good he is cause we all know how good he is. He is just an ahole to a lot of people. At this point you pretty much have to deal with it.

DoMeFavors
10-11-2012, 09:16 PM
Seems like a really bad teamate, no wonder they didnt win games

The goods
10-11-2012, 09:17 PM

Exactly how many times did he cuss somebody out, try to fight someone, man people are soooo inconsistent, how can people sit here with a straight face and defend smush parker? What was smush before he played with the Lakers? Hell what is he now? Exactly he ain't ****.

Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't LeBron cuss out Chalmers every single play, Chalmers is twice as good as Parker was, don't see people call LeBrons leadership into question.

ink
10-11-2012, 09:18 PM
the number 5 dont lie!

Unfortunately pro sports wide, it does lie.

As Hawkeye said in another thread, # of rings is like rating a pitcher on the number of wins. Only a casual fan would do that.

ThunderousDemon
10-11-2012, 09:27 PM
:laugh2:

Slug3
10-11-2012, 09:28 PM
Exactly how many times did he cuss somebody out, try to fight someone, man people are soooo inconsistent, how can people sit here with a straight face and defend smush parker? What was smush before he played with the Lakers? Hell what is he now? Exactly he ain't ****.

Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't LeBron cuss out Chalmers every single play, Chalmers is twice as good as Parker was, don't see people call LeBrons leadership into question.

Probably because lebron isn't bashing him in the media and telling the media that he was treating him like a little brother and was for fun. People get upset playing the game, but Kobe literally will elbow a teammate if he's upset.

Mr. NBA
10-11-2012, 09:37 PM
talk about media, Lebron Sold himself to miami on a NATIONALLY TELEVISED program.

if that's not a diss to cleveland an entire CITY. smush is nothing compared to that.

tbone2171
10-11-2012, 09:38 PM
It's useless to try and argue with Bryant fans. They'll hold his dick for him while he pisses and defend him to the death.

theheatles
10-11-2012, 09:48 PM
kobe is socially ********

chilly
10-11-2012, 09:51 PM
It was Smush that said people lie, numbers don't. Saying he wasn't the worst PG.

Smush IS right, Kobe started attacking Smush when Smush joined the Heat and said Wade was better than Kobe.

But Kobe is right, Smush is NBA-garbage.

By, "NBA-garbage", I mean he's bad in NBA standards. Nobody in the NBA is bad at basketball. Period.

KB-Pau-DH2012
10-11-2012, 10:04 PM

he's just decided to have a lebron moment, no biggie.

ThunderousDemon
10-11-2012, 10:08 PM

We all experience a Lebron moment once in a while, no need to get riled up about it. :)

bucketss
10-11-2012, 10:16 PM
i don't think lebron ever directly dissed his former team mate like that before.

Bruno
10-11-2012, 10:22 PM
smush must be lovin' this. he hasn't been in the news since the last time kobe talked about him.

LoveMeOrHateMe
10-11-2012, 10:27 PM
KB just has to shut his mouth. He's sounding more incoherent and senile as he ages.

STFU and win us championships dumbass!

If you want him to bring the lakers another banner then maybe you should stop talking like a hater and support him and the team Kobe's always been like this and I love it, laker fans that piss and moan like you are sensitive deal with it, I like you man but let Kobe be Kobe!

albertc86
10-11-2012, 10:29 PM
You know what the irony of all the hate that Kobe is getting over his comments? Jordan would've said the damn samething! These same haters are Jordan lovers. Go figure... Selective memory serves you guys well.

amos1er
10-11-2012, 10:30 PM

Oh my. :laugh2:

Someone has to sig this.

bucketss
10-11-2012, 10:33 PM
^lmao

LakersMaster24
10-11-2012, 10:50 PM

Someone has to sig this.

:laugh:

BigCityofDreams
10-11-2012, 11:17 PM

Well he did say this

"They're not interested in winning. They just want to sell tickets, which they can do because of me. They won't make any deals to make us better. And this Kukoc thing. I hate that. They're spending all their time chasing this guy."

And of course who could forget punching Steve Kerr during practice.

BigCityofDreams
10-11-2012, 11:20 PM
Unfortunately pro sports wide, it does lie.

As Hawkeye said in another thread, # of rings is like rating a pitcher on the number of wins. Only a casual fan would do that.

Rings and wins aren't the end all be all but I'm not in favor of eliminating them completely.

jerellh528
10-11-2012, 11:29 PM

LOL! learn how to read, smush said that not kobe.

barreleffact
10-12-2012, 12:01 AM

Seriously? This in ZERO way tarnishes his "good" career to say the least.

As far as what MVP says things like that, check any superstar aside from Duncan to have come up with similar banter. Lebron blamed everything on his team in Cleveland, so did mcgrady. Shaq had enough ego to trash Kobe repeatedly as a star. You guys over-exaggerate the small things, especially when a few years ago everyone was saying the exact same thing.

ink
10-12-2012, 12:03 AM
Seriously? This in ZERO way tarnishes his "good" career to say the least.

As far as what MVP says things like that, check any superstar aside from Duncan to have come up with similar banter. Lebron blamed everything on his team in Cleveland, so did mcgrady. Shaq had enough ego to trash Kobe repeatedly as a star. You guys over-exaggerate the small things, especially when a few years ago everyone was saying the exact same thing.

Guess you missed the part where I said don't bother looking for other examples of stars doing this. From Shaq on we've had a lot of trash in the NBA. Hopefully this starts to disappear after the Kobe-Lebron generation retires.

My question then is, what soap operas will all the fans that like this **** start watching then? lol.

And yes, this BEHAVIOUR, whether in 2004 or today, tarnishes a great career.

barreleffact
10-12-2012, 12:16 AM
^We are going to have to agree to disagree. When Kobe retires and the dust settles, he will be remembered as a basketball god and people will never remember any of the negative. People get too fixated on small thngs like this when in reality they are human nature. Kobe is just on a much larger scale.

As far as it going away, good luck. I seriously dobt it in this computer age and with the way the media is.

jerellh528
10-12-2012, 12:18 AM
Guess you missed the part where I said don't bother looking for other examples of stars doing this. From Shaq on we've had a lot of trash in the NBA. Hopefully this starts to disappear after the Kobe-Lebron generation retires.

My question then is, what soap operas will all the fans that like this **** start watching then? lol.

Nah, I dont think this tarnishes kobe's career in the slightest. Most people wont even realize he said anything about smush. The only reason we all know about it is because we are the ones lurking forums and websites for al kinds of sports info. Normal people dont do this lol...plus if kobe can get over rape accusations, he can overcome small jabs against a terrible former team mate.HAH..just kidding about the last part

C-Style
10-12-2012, 12:25 AM

Agreed, it tarnished the shyt out Jordans career.

JNA17
10-12-2012, 12:30 AM

MJ, while known as one of if not the GOAT, was also one of the biggest *******s in NBA history. You want to talk about throwing teammates under the bus? You want to talk about acting like a child? MJ is the best example of this.

But guess what? His talent overshadows it, just like Kobe's talents do. Just like Shaq, Lebron, and so on.

Here's a sad but cold hard truth: Nice guys finish last, deal with it. Class acts in sports are a rarity nor does it even exist. You see what you want to see and you believe what you want to believe. You look for every twitter feed, news feed by some bogus hoopshype article, for your favorite players and for your most hated players.

I can't wait to see the looks at peoples faces when the current golden boys like Durant, Griffin, Rose, etc, have their own "when keeping it real goes wrong" moment and people act shocked like "UGH! How dare he not show class!? He's not supposed to act human!"

You want to see class acts? Role models? Especially in today's NBA? I hate to break it to you, but they don't exist.

C-Style
10-12-2012, 12:33 AM

Someone has to sig this.

Holly batman ur sig quotes r hilarious

BH-Sports
10-12-2012, 12:43 AM
Why so much hate on Smush. No matter how bad the player, you just never throw your own teammates under the bus like that. Some people take life and profession too seriously for their own good

John Walls Era
10-12-2012, 12:53 AM
Laker fans can defend kobe. Kobe is right about this 100%, but this man is a terrible teammate if he told Smush that while playing with him. Doesn't really change people's overall opinion of him though, great great player that is very arrogant. This article didn't make anyone think differently before or after.

E.O.21
10-12-2012, 01:10 AM
MJ, while known as one of if not the GOAT, was also one of the biggest *******s in NBA history. You want to talk about throwing teammates under the bus? You want to talk about acting like a child? MJ is the best example of this.

But guess what? His talent overshadows it, just like Kobe's talents do. Just like Shaq, Lebron, and so on.

Here's a sad but cold hard truth: Nice guys finish last, deal with it. Class acts in sports are a rarity nor does it even exist. You see what you want to see and you believe what you want to believe. You look for every twitter feed, news feed by some bogus hoopshype article, for your favorite players and for your most hated players.

I can't wait to see the looks at peoples faces when the current golden boys like Durant, Griffin, Rose, etc, have their own "when keeping it real goes wrong" moment and people act shocked like "UGH! How dare he not show class!? He's not supposed to act human!"

You want to see class acts? Role models? Especially in today's NBA? I hate to break it to you, but they don't exist.

Give me one good example of MJ throwing one of his ex teammates under the bus publically

KB-Pau-DH2012
10-12-2012, 01:16 AM
Give me one good example of MJ throwing one of his ex teammates under the bus publically

Refer to Post #16 of this thread.

Greedy22
smush must be lovin' this. he hasn't been in the news since the last time kobe talked about him.
:laugh2: his year has been made

Someone has to sig this.

mother of god and :laugh: at your sig, straight up trollin

Gibby23

Tarnished to who? You? Lol... And nobody gave a ****!

KNICKS R BACK
10-12-2012, 01:23 AM
" Kobe "told me out of his own mouth that I couldn't talk to him. That my accolades under my belt weren't deserving enough for me to talk to him." He also says Kobe didn't talk to most of his teammates. "

that part is HILLLARIOUS LOL!

MiamiBoy77
10-12-2012, 01:28 AM
i don't think lebron ever directly dissed his former team mate like that before.

no, he just dissed an entire city

Evolution23
10-12-2012, 01:41 AM
I like a lil' cockyness but this is going overboard. Kobe needs to shut the **** up. There's a reason people in his own hometown (Philly), don't like him; it's because of **** like this.

MintBerryCrunch
10-12-2012, 01:48 AM
A thread about Kobe on PSD?!? This is rare !

MintBerryCrunch
10-12-2012, 01:49 AM
I like a lil' cockyness but this is going overboard. Kobe needs to shut the **** up. There's a reason people in his own hometown (Philly), don't like him; it's because of **** like this.

People don't like Kobe because
A. He always wins
B. he always beats their team
C. Goat

U mad ??

kblo247
10-12-2012, 01:50 AM
I don't really care. He reminds me of that old grandpa who talks **** without a filter now. He knows he's been in the league for longer than anyone else mostly minutes wise. He knows he will be retiring soon. He doesn't have to impress or coddle anyone.

And let's be real, the Lakers screwed his prime away, even Jeanie/Rambis/Phil cosigned that. They screwed his peak years and ran him into one more knee surgery by not even giving him nba talent sans odom in the tougher conference during the 2 years he speaks of despite promising him said help multiple times by even their own admission in those years in order to get him to re sign

- Smush was shooting in the 30s in china and got waived by every team but LA in the NBA he played for. He'll the Miami heat beaned the guy from their facilities he was such a malcontent
- Mihm got hurt and collected years of checks
- Kwame has bounced around team by team
- Rad is a 12th man on teams who just use him to meet the 13 roster spot obligation and pay him the vet min which the league covers half.
- Luke was his third best player and is a bench warmer in Cleveland like he was here
- McKie never did contribute in LA
- Shammind sucked and went back overseas a second time
- Sasha isn't an NBA player anymore
- Cook is not a rotation player on any team and hasn't been since leaving LA
- Slava left the league for Europe
- Mo hasn't stuck with any team and couldn't get consistent PT on the Wizards
- Farmar isn't in the NBA anymore
- Turiaf is not a rotation player anymore
- George ain't in the league

The only NBA player he played with those 2 years was Odom, and Kobe still carried 80% of the workload. He has a right to say LA milked him for profit, not for winning, which they did as they broke their promises to him that got him to re-sign. He has a right to point out the trash they called support when most aren't even nba players anymore besides Lamar as Bynum in that time was a young fat punk who didn't play year one and got his ***** benched year 2 for no showing practice and missing most a film session

Lastly the fact is for him to value the winning he did with Pau coming along, he has to remember the bad times. The times management was cheap, more into profit that winning, had to be embarrassed and called out, and so on. It just speaks to appreciating what he has had in recent years more and the disdain he has for brass and those scrubs ruining what were the peak athletic years of his playing career despite him keeping the team over 500 both years in the tougher conference

kblo247
10-12-2012, 02:01 AM

Not really.

If you know your history

Magic
- After Worthy won FMVP stated that was still his city, team, as town when interviewed months later.
- Magic after winning a title demanded his coach be fired and he get to pick the replacement and style, or he be traded, which is how Riley got his start

Bird
- on record of saying **** like they put a white boy on me, that's disrespectful in the Melo and LeBron documentary

Jordan
- punched Kerr
- Told Winters there is no I in Team, but there is an I in win
- in sacred hoops it has him saying you can't make **** look good cause at the end of the day it's **** in reference to when Phil first started coaching those teams

Shaq
- Penny and Horace and Hill jabs
- Kobe how's my *** taste
- Stealing Nash's show
- Blaming 03 on Fisher, Fox, and Horry and hand picking their replacements the next year
- Benedict Arnold to Phil
- the **** he said about Yao when he first came over

Fact is it hasn't tarnished any of their careers. It won't tarnish Kobe's. either you like him, respect him, or don't just like the others. It is just how it works. Everyone has an ego, especially stars which so why they become great and stay great

jam
10-12-2012, 02:07 AM
Kobe bent Smush over a chair and grabbed him by the throat. Oh wait....

kylem4711
10-12-2012, 02:15 AM
i am really happy kobe is a laker. he fits perfectly on that team and with the laker fans.

KB-Pau-DH2012
10-12-2012, 02:18 AM
i am really happy kobe is a laker. he fits perfectly on that team and with the laker fans.

u mad?

basketfan4life
10-12-2012, 02:49 AM

Agreed.

he was the worst defender you can see, come on man, stop lying about the past.

ink
10-12-2012, 04:52 AM
Not really.

If you know your history

Magic
- After Worthy won FMVP stated that was still his city, team, as town when interviewed months later.
- Magic after winning a title demanded his coach be fired and he get to pick the replacement and style, or he be traded, which is how Riley got his start

Bird
- on record of saying **** like they put a white boy on me, that's disrespectful in the Melo and LeBron documentary

Jordan
- punched Kerr
- Told Winters there is no I in Team, but there is an I in win
- in sacred hoops it has him saying you can't make **** look good cause at the end of the day it's **** in reference to when Phil first started coaching those teams

Shaq
- Penny and Horace and Hill jabs
- Kobe how's my *** taste
- Stealing Nash's show
- Blaming 03 on Fisher, Fox, and Horry and hand picking their replacements the next year
- Benedict Arnold to Phil
- the **** he said about Yao when he first came over

Fact is it hasn't tarnished any of their careers. It won't tarnish Kobe's. either you like him, respect him, or don't just like the others. It is just how it works. Everyone has an ego, especially stars which so why they become great and stay great

The Magic, Bird, and Jordan stuff you pointed out doesn't compare. This Kobe and Smush stuff is trailer park trash stuff, and a supposed top 15 all time player like Kobe should be above this by now.

And I started with Shaq, who is this generation's most insecure athlete and therefore the worst at talking garbage about other people. The only reason some might not consider this to be tarnish on a career is because people have mistakenly accepted this as normal now.

It isn't.

ink
10-12-2012, 05:00 AM
Nah, I dont think this tarnishes kobe's career in the slightest. Most people wont even realize he said anything about smush. The only reason we all know about it is because we are the ones lurking forums and websites for al kinds of sports info. Normal people dont do this lol...plus if kobe can get over rape accusations, he can overcome small jabs against a terrible former team mate.HAH..just kidding about the last part

That's the point. He was just beginning to live down his trashy image of 2004. It's not that THIS comment is so bad by itself, it's that it's part of a bigger pattern of classlessness and it's a shame. By now he should have some dignity. I thought he did.

Evolution23
10-12-2012, 05:17 AM
People don't like Kobe because
A. He always wins
B. he always beats their team
C. Goat

U mad ??

A. He lost the last 2 years. He lost to the celtics a few years ago and the pistons in 03.
B. He doesn't beat their team.
C. MJ is the GOAT.

U tight?

thenaj17
10-12-2012, 05:59 AM

Someone has to sig this.

Another priceless Andrew quote...

Ebbs
10-12-2012, 06:19 AM
Kobe continues to hurt himself. When he retires watch him and Shaq both be on TNT

kblo247
10-12-2012, 07:39 AM
I see it this way.

Kobe truly has had a great career but it is weird in the fact that he in his peak years, lets just call them that had no shot at all at a ring with a roster the d league wouldn't run out beside him and Lamar.

He won young before he peaked and old after he had peaked and had had his knee operated on twice, ankle, and shoulder too on top of the arthritic hand. Jordan, Shaq, Lebron now, Bird, Magic all got to play for a title at their absolute best basketball and physical wise. Kobe has won, done a hell of a lot, but it will forever eat at him that he never got the chance to be the best Kobe he could be while winning or competing for the title. It may seem petty, but its the competitor in him that will never accept that he was robbed of that because its what he grew up watching the legends before in the top 10 list have a chance to do sans Wilt and Bill. He'll always hold that against Buss, Mitch, and the scrub talent tbh

waveycrockett
10-12-2012, 07:54 AM
5 rings! Deal with it

Robert Horry>Kobe Bryant

MagicBucsSox
10-12-2012, 08:15 AM
I like it, Smush was a scrub and I'm tired of ppl being hypocritical if a teammate assays another sucks. The truth is the truth

bucketss
10-12-2012, 08:36 AM
no, he just dissed an entire city

yeah did he say Cleveland sucks or something?

YankeesR#2
10-12-2012, 09:03 AM
I'd like to know who these Kobe worshippers are. I suspect they are children playing with mom's computer. No real man would hero worship an admitted rapist

http://www.healthy-dating.com/kobe_bryant_press_release.htm

September 3, 2004 -- According to Associated Press reports this past Wednesday (September 1st), Kobe Bryant's attorneys released a statement from Kobe Bryant that included, "Although I truly believe this encounter between us was consensual, I recognize now that she did not and does not view this incident the same way I did” .....Later in the statement released by his attorneys, Bryant says, “I now understand how she feels that she did not consent to this encounter.”

who not only raped a woman but when he was caught started puking all over everyone (Shaq this, Shaq that).Then we are subject to scenes of Kobe playing with his young daughters as he tries to hide behind them to rebuild his image.

His pesonality disorder is what is behind this whole episode. Talking trash about someone who is on another continent fits him like a glove.

whitemamba33
10-12-2012, 09:21 AM
I'd like to know who these Kobe worshippers are. I suspect they are children playing with mom's computer. No real man would hero worship an admitted rapist

September 3, 2004 -- According to Associated Press reports this past Wednesday (September 1st), Kobe Bryant's attorneys released a statement from Kobe Bryant that included, "Although I truly believe this encounter between us was consensual, I recognize now that she did not and does not view this incident the same way I did” .....Later in the statement released by his attorneys, Bryant says, “I now understand how she feels that she did not consent to this encounter.”

who not only raped a woman but when he was caught started puking all over everyone (Shaq this, Shaq that).Then we are subject to scenes of Kobe playing with his young daughters as he tries to hide behind them to rebuild his image.

His pesonality disorder is what is behind this whole episode. Talking trash about someone who is on another continent fits him like a glove.

...So?

Nobody is coming here as a fan of Kobe the person, they are fans of Kobe the basketball player. If I only followed players who had squeaky clean personal lives, how many players would that leave me? Jordan? Nope. Shaq? Nope. Iverson? Nope. Jason Kidd, Karl Malone, Dwayne Wade? Nope. Wilt? HELL NO.

I guess I should become a huge John Stockton fan then?

I've never met Kobe Bryant the person, so who am I to make judgements based on the small bit of information that I hear in the media and from guys who are butt hurt that they can't hang in the league anymore?

Also, your "talking trash to somebody on another continent" comment is kind of idiotic since the entire reason for this thread is Smush complaining about how rude Kobe was TO HIS FACE.

xcrisisx
10-12-2012, 09:25 AM
I'm not a kobe fan, but I support kobe with the smush parker thing. kindly said:
smush was cancer on the court , he couldn't ball **** and wasn't great off the court either!

dh144498
10-12-2012, 09:49 AM
meh, everything Kobe said was/is correct. But the fact that he says something like that to the public is something I hate and admire at the same time. This isn't old news. Kobe has always been saying out loud what he thinks. The truth is he doesn't give a dam.

whitemamba33
10-12-2012, 10:47 AM
meh, everything Kobe said was/is correct. But the fact that he says something like that to the public is something I hate and admire at the same time. This isn't old news. Kobe has always been saying out loud what he thinks. The truth is he doesn't give a dam..

Should he? One thing that is pretty clear is that people are going to hate him no matter what he does. SO he can either try and please EVERYBODY or do what makes him happy and brings him success.

As a fan am I more entertained by a player who is always politically correct or someone who speaks his mind, even if I don't always agree with him?

BKLYNpigeon
10-12-2012, 11:00 AM
they didnt like each other, but dont believe everything you hear...

you guys read into this too much... Do you guys really believe the words coming out of Smush Parkers Mouth??? lol...

Smush Parker...lol..

kylem4711
10-12-2012, 11:02 AM
Nope just honest. Didnt know people were still trying to hold onto the u mad thing though.

u mad?

sharqstealth
10-12-2012, 11:04 AM
That's why he can't be like Michael Jordan, only a wannabe Kobe is...

Im_in_Mia_bish
10-12-2012, 11:05 AM
lol healthydating.com

LoveMeOrHateMe
10-12-2012, 11:10 AM
Kobe continues to hurt himself. When he retires watch him and Shaq both be on TNT

Kobe's to big of a person to join a ****en TV show he'll be like MJ once he's retired you won't see him anywhere besides maybe selling shoes and if anything as a coach or owner of a team

LoveMeOrHateMe
10-12-2012, 11:12 AM
Robert Horry>Kobe Bryant

1-2 options>> role players!

People who bring horry in the rings argument are stupid

LoveMeOrHateMe
10-12-2012, 11:15 AM

Lol hey he may be a wanna be but atleast we all know its people like you that compare the two and not laker fans, all that tells me is that people know that Kobe and MJ are alike only reason Jordan is considered the best is because he came first!

JasonJohnHorn
10-12-2012, 11:20 AM
Kobe though he should win MVP because he scored the most. Nash won because he made his team better. Nash, that season, got his team to the confecne finals despite being without Amare Stouremire... which was a huge deal. When a team that was 62-20 loses a guy who is posting 26 points and 9 board to go along with a steal and a block a game, you expect a drop in production, but Nash got 54 wins out of that team despite losing a player as talented as Amare, and then STILL go to the conference finals! That's impressive. Nash deserved the MVP award that year. Kobe deserved the scoring title. They are not the same thing.

Kobe2324
10-12-2012, 11:24 AM
I am sure some of this is a bit over the top, I am sure Kobe was not always the best teamate, I think he had to grom into a leadership role and with age the ego leveled itself out and he's a better person/leader now. Same thing MJ had to do early in his career, the trust and leadership came along after as he got more help, just as Kobe has. All that said, I am sure Kobe was probly a dick to smush cause he was a major **** up, but... smush is correct in saying he was not the worse, oh well they just dont like eachother, it happens lol

LoveMeOrHateMe
10-12-2012, 11:28 AM
Kobe though he should win MVP because he scored the most. Nash won because he made his team better. Nash, that season, got his team to the confecne finals despite being without Amare Stouremire... which was a huge deal. When a team that was 62-20 loses a guy who is posting 26 points and 9 board to go along with a steal and a block a game, you expect a drop in production, but Nash got 54 wins out of that team despite losing a player as talented as Amare, and then STILL go to the conference finals! That's impressive. Nash deserved the MVP award that year. Kobe deserved the scoring title. They are not the same thing.

So your telling me Kobe wouldn't have won 50+ games with a roster that had Shawn Marion amare stoudamire joe Johnson and at that time a bunch of great 3 point shooters and role players?

Kobe had Lamar and a bunch of d-leaguers playing with him lol if Kobe had as good a team as nash did during Kobe's absolute prime and best individual years 04-07 which also happened to be the time he had the worst teams he would have won 2-3 mvp's during that 4 year span

ImgoodHarbaughU
10-12-2012, 11:30 AM

Any one with half a brain knows some loser going nowhere hotel worker would gladly accept kobes dick. It was about money but obviously your to stupid to realize the truth. If you weren't hibernating with your pc in your mommys basement looking at helthydating . com lmao maybe you would understand but even then i doubt it.

Hellcrooner
10-12-2012, 11:39 AM

find me a douchebag moment from Tim Duncan, or Dirk, Or Nash, Or Pau.
Class still exists.

MagicBucsSox
10-12-2012, 11:40 AM

Jordan beat up John pax son for missing a shot........

tnewkirk
10-12-2012, 11:42 AM
kobe is a pos.

Baller1
10-12-2012, 11:54 AM
Man, Laker fans will excuse Kobe for anything. He's a piece of ****, it's just fact at this point.

tripleplay2007
10-12-2012, 12:09 PM
Kobe is a tool.
I can tell when I watch the games on TV that he is exactly like that.. He's just a big diva.

tripleplay2007
10-12-2012, 12:15 PM
all kobe haters are Jordan fans and lecunt fans aint it funny

I really think all 3 are tools. I've heard MJ can be a real *** in public too.

tnewkirk
10-12-2012, 12:15 PM
Jordan beat up John pax son for missing a shot........

when and which shot?

YankeesR#2
10-12-2012, 12:21 PM
Any one with half a brain knows some loser going nowhere hotel worker would gladly accept kobes dick. It was about money but obviously your to stupid to realize the truth. If you weren't hibernating with your pc in your mommys basement looking at helthydating . com lmao maybe you would understand but even then i doubt it.

Well at least we now know what people with half a brain think.

Bravo95
10-12-2012, 12:23 PM
Ehhhh, a lot of a-holes have won MVPs, in different sports. Many athletes just put on an act to keep the endorsement money coming. Still some classy folks around, but it's tough for most people to stay humble when they reach the top of their field. Hell, a lot of guys haven't accomplished **** and they walk around like they know everything and are above everyone.

I believe a lot of the stories about Bryant, but everything that dude does hits the media so we just "know" him better than others. Other guys are either fooling the public (as Shaq, Tiger Woods and others did for many years) or they just haven't had the opportunity to let that fame/success corrupt them.

ink
10-12-2012, 12:29 PM
I see it this way.

Kobe truly has had a great career but it is weird in the fact that he in his peak years, lets just call them that had no shot at all at a ring with a roster the d league wouldn't run out beside him and Lamar.

He won young before he peaked and old after he had peaked and had had his knee operated on twice, ankle, and shoulder too on top of the arthritic hand. Jordan, Shaq, Lebron now, Bird, Magic all got to play for a title at their absolute best basketball and physical wise. Kobe has won, done a hell of a lot, but it will forever eat at him that he never got the chance to be the best Kobe he could be while winning or competing for the title. It may seem petty, but its the competitor in him that will never accept that he was robbed of that because its what he grew up watching the legends before in the top 10 list have a chance to do sans Wilt and Bill. He'll always hold that against Buss, Mitch, and the scrub talent tbh

I think you've touched on something. It's entitlement. He's not entitled to win, he's not entitled to a great team, he's not entitled to any more than any other player. That's what is a turn off to so many people about Kobe. He thinks it's his right. SO MANY other NBA players through history have not had a stacked team around them. Get over it Kobe. And seriously, act like a champion, not like the petulant boy you were in 2004. You're above this. It's insulting for him to make excuses about why he didn't win MVP, especially to someone who earned his and shouldn't have it denigrated by a TEAMMATE.

ink
10-12-2012, 12:30 PM
Ehhhh, a lot of a-holes have won MVPs, in different sports. Many athletes just put on an act to keep the endorsement money coming. Still some classy folks around, but it's tough for most people to stay humble when they reach the top of their field. Hell, a lot of guys haven't accomplished **** and they walk around like they know everything and are above everyone.

I believe a lot of the stories about Bryant, but everything that dude does hits the media so we just "know" him better than others. Other guys are either fooling the public (as Shaq, Tiger Woods and others did for many years) or they just haven't had the opportunity to let that fame/success corrupt them.

I hear ya. But there are still lots of class acts to win an MVP. The guy Kobe was dissing was also Nash, who will always be a lot classier than KB.

ink
10-12-2012, 12:42 PM

Well said.

NYYCowboys
10-12-2012, 12:42 PM
It's amazing how America basically embraces this arrogant prick, and despises Lebron who is a standup nice guy. Can you imagine Lebron ever saying that about any of the crappy players he played with in Cleveland? Kobe has absolutely no class.

whitemamba33
10-12-2012, 12:44 PM
I hear ya. But there are still lots of class acts to win an MVP. The guy Kobe was dissing was also Nash, who will always be a lot classier than KB.

Doesn't sound like "dissing" to me...sounds like a little playful trash talk between teammates. Let's not blow it out of proportion.

And I beg to differ with your "classy MVP'ers" comment. I wouldn't call Shaq, Iverson Karl Malone, LeBron James, Michael Jordan, Magic Johnson, Kevin Garnett, or Charles Barkley classy.

whitemamba33
10-12-2012, 12:46 PM
It's amazing how America basically embraces this arrogant prick, and despises Lebron who is a standup nice guy. Can you imagine Lebron ever saying that about any of the crappy players he played with in Cleveland? Kobe has absolutely no class.

I'm confused: so in your little story the guy who leaves his hometown team on national television, declares he's going to win 7 championships before he's even won 1, has "Chosen one" tattooed on his back, and wears a t-shirt that says "Check my Stats" is NOT the arrogant prick? Not only that, you are listing him as the opposite of an arrogant prick?

:confused:

ink
10-12-2012, 12:56 PM
Doesn't sound like "dissing" to me...sounds like a little playful trash talk between teammates. Let's not blow it out of proportion.

And I beg to differ with your "classy MVP'ers" comment. I wouldn't call Shaq, Iverson Karl Malone, LeBron James, Michael Jordan, Magic Johnson, Kevin Garnett, or Charles Barkley classy.

They are in other sports. Basketball's problem is that fans have accepted losers as winners on the personality scale. And no, the comment is an insult to Nash. Kobe doesn't even have the dignity not to make excuses why he didn't win an MVP award over him. Excuses are not for winners. You wouldn't hear Nash make excuses but you are hearing Kobe do it.

dh144498

“All the people that were rooting on me to fail, at the end of the day, they have to wake up tomorrow and have the same life that they had before they woke up today. They have the same personal problems they had today. I’m going to continue to live the way I want to live and continue to do the things that I want to do with me and my family and be happy with that. They can get a few days or a few months or whatever the case may be on being happy about not only myself, but the Miami Heat not accomplishing their goal. But they have to get back to the real world at some point.”

/thread

LoveMeOrHateMe
Man, Laker fans will excuse Kobe for anything. He's a piece of ****, it's just fact at this point.

If he was on your team you wouldn't care so I suggest you stfu

whitemamba33
10-12-2012, 12:57 PM
If I remember correctly, didn't Smush throw the first punch? I seem to remember an interview a few years ago where Smush went off on Bryant while Bryant was busy winning championships. And let's not pretend that Smush isn't LOVING this...because after all, when was the last time you typed the name Smush Parker?

BigCityofDreams
10-12-2012, 12:58 PM

His actions said it for him.

dh144498
10-12-2012, 12:59 PM
game 4 playoffs 1st round 2006, lakers vs phoenix. Smush makes a steals from Nash and passes to Kobe for the game tying shot to send it to overtime.
Kobe seemed to like Smush there. :p

LoveMeOrHateMe
10-12-2012, 12:59 PM

Kobe and Lebron get the same amount of hate, haven't you seen all the threads recently that try to discredit Kobe of his accomplishments, to each his own but since Lebron has won championship since June everyone's been in his dick will kobe has been taking all the criticism

Oh btw Lebron sure does have a lot of class, leaving his home town team to be on someone else's team on national television, check my stats t-shirt, chosen one tattoo and many other things

whitemamba33
10-12-2012, 01:00 PM
They are in other sports. Basketball's problem is that fans have accepted losers as winners on the personality scale. And no, the comment is an insult to Nash. Kobe doesn't even have the dignity not to make excuses why he didn't win an MVP award over him. Excuses are not for winners. You wouldn't hear Nash make excuses but you are hearing Kobe do it.

It's trash talk. Do you really think Kobe walked up to Nash in a serious manner and said that to him? I've said MUCH worse to my friends while on the court.

They are in other sports? That didn't make sense.

BigCityofDreams
10-12-2012, 01:03 PM
Kobe and Lebron get the same amount of hate, haven't you seen all the threads recently that try to discredit Kobe of his accomplishment, to each his own but since Lebron has won championship since June everyone's been in his dick will kobe has been taking all the criticism

It's sad when you think about it.

ink
10-12-2012, 01:06 PM
It's trash talk. Do you really think Kobe walked up to Nash in a serious manner and said that to him? I've said MUCH worse to my friends while on the court.

They are in other sports? That didn't make sense.

They are more dignified/intelligent/classier in other sports. Obviously there are exceptions, but many in this forum and this thread actually admire loser/jerk behaviour from their "heroes". And there's always an underlying truth in joking. Kobe feels entitled TO EVERYTHING. When he doesn't get it, this is the kind of behaviour we see from him. That is a character flaw and it damages his reputation. IMO it also damages the Lakers because before him and Shaq they were a loved franchise. I grew up loving the Lakers and the Bulls. Give me Kareem and Magic, with all their flaws, any day.

ink
10-12-2012, 01:08 PM

He brings it on himself. Who knows, maybe he needs the attention now that Lebron has finally won a ring. They're both losers on a human scale, even if they are both among the best players in the world.

NYYCowboys
10-12-2012, 01:08 PM
I'm confused: so in your little story the guy who leaves his hometown team on national television, declares he's going to win 7 championships before he's even won 1, has "Chosen one" tattooed on his back, and wears a t-shirt that says "Check my Stats" is NOT the arrogant prick? Not only that, you are listing him as the opposite of an arrogant prick?

:confused:

“All the people that were rooting on me to fail, at the end of the day, they have to wake up tomorrow and have the same life that they had before they woke up today. They have the same personal problems they had today. I’m going to continue to live the way I want to live and continue to do the things that I want to do with me and my family and be happy with that. They can get a few days or a few months or whatever the case may be on being happy about not only myself, but the Miami Heat not accomplishing their goal. But they have to get back to the real world at some point.”

/thread

His actions said it for him.

There's a difference between wanting to win and being a terrible person. The league is a business and you have to do what's best for yourself, and it's unfair to say "he left his hometown." Who cares? Why should he automatically have to be expected to resign there without putting his best interest first?

As far as that comment he made, that was more of a sign of his immaturity, not that he is a bad person. He was only 25-26 years old at the time of that comment, and didn't really know how to deal with all of the scrutiny and unwarranted hate he was receiving at the time. And the treatment he gets is really unfair. The poor guy has to deal with everyone, even the media, making fun of his receding hairline.

But bottom-line Lebron's teammates love him, and he never said in an interview "so and so didn't belong in the NBA", or "what you expected me to pass it to Boobie Gibson or Sasha Pavlovic."

I don't really even like Lebron that much considering I'm a Knicks fan, but it's clear to me when it's all said and done he's going to go down as a better player, and person than Kobe. And will be the undisputed best player on his team for all his rings, unlike Kobe.

Vampirate
10-12-2012, 01:09 PM

I'll take your kobe and raise you a John Rocker. Beat that Ink. :D

ink
10-12-2012, 01:12 PM
I'll take your kobe and raise you a John Rocker. Beat that Ink. :D

I said there were exceptions. :laugh2:

I'll see your Rocker and raise you a Roger Clemens or an OJ.

Point is, being a jerk in the NBA is becoming the norm. Being a jerk in other sports is still ... well, being a jerk.

L@ker4Life
10-12-2012, 01:14 PM
Kobe has a big ego and this makes a lot of people outside of Laker fans dislike him and want him to fail. It doesn't have anything to do with how good he is cause we all know how good he is. He is just an ahole to a lot of people. At this point you pretty much have to deal with it.

No, some of us Lakers fans think he's a douche too! :D

The difference is we know he is a douche but we know that he is a beast on the court (when he's not chucking) and can seperate the two.

- Lakers fan NOT just a Kobe fan.

Stinkyoutsider
10-12-2012, 01:23 PM
Sounds like there's a beef coming between those 2...

Kobe better not slap the hand that feeds him. He's going to need his teammates every year on his side so he can have the best chance to win. If he doesn't, he'll never win.

ink
10-12-2012, 01:26 PM
No, some of us Lakers fans think he's a douche too! :D

The difference is we know he is a douche but we know that he is a beast on the court (when he's not chucking) and can seperate the two.

- Lakers fan NOT just a Kobe fan.

Good post. When all is said and done any real basketball fan will look past Kobe's brain farts and see a very talented athlete. But it is tough to be silent on such ignorant statements. Why the **** does Kobe have to open his mouth when he's got EVERYTHING going for him? Kobe, shut up and play.

whitemamba33
10-12-2012, 01:26 PM
There's a difference between wanting to win and being a terrible person. The league is a business and you have to do what's best for yourself, and it's unfair to say "he left his hometown." Who cares? Why should he automatically have to be expected to resign there without putting his best interest first?

As far as that comment he made, that was more of a sign of his immaturity, not that he is a bad person. He was only 25-26 years old at the time of that comment, and didn't really know how to deal with all of the scrutiny and unwarranted hate he was receiving at the time. And the treatment he gets is really unfair. The poor guy has to deal with everyone, even the media, making fun of his receding hairline.

But bottom-line Lebron's teammates love him, and he never said in an interview "so and so didn't belong in the NBA", or "what you expected me to pass it to Boobie Gibson or Sasha Pavlovic."

I don't really even like Lebron that much considering I'm a Knicks fan, but it's clear to me when it's all said and done he's going to go down as a better player, and person than Kobe. And will be the undisputed best player on his team for all his rings, unlike Kobe.

lol you are just full of excuses. You make a claim, get instant responses telling you why you are wrong, and then you magically have an excuse for all of them.

I never have a problem with LeBron wanting to win, I had a problem with him announcing his "decision" on national television. It wasn't "classy", which normally I don't care about in an NBA player, but if you are going to go out of your way to call LeBron classy and Kobe not - it's going to come up.

Listen to yourself. He's immature? Ever hear the expression NBA - No Boys Allowed? 25/26 is not a child. That's your worst excuse and one of the worst ones i've heard on these boards. Or at least it was, until your next excuse, which was that he has to put up with people making fun of his receding hairline. Wow.

All you really did was change the word "classy" to "immature" or "unfair". That garbage doesn't cut it.

ink
10-12-2012, 01:29 PM
lol you are just full of excuses. You make a claim, get instant responses telling you why you are wrong, and then you magically have an excuse for all of them.

I never have a problem with LeBron wanting to win, I had a problem with him announcing his "decision" on national television. It wasn't "classy", which normally I don't care about in an NBA player, but if you are going to go out of your way to call LeBron classy and Kobe not - it's going to come up.

Listen to yourself. He's immature? Ever hear the expression NBA - No Boys Allowed? 25/26 is not a child. That's your worst excuse and one of the worst ones i've heard on these boards. Or at least it was, until your next excuse, which was that he has to put up with people making fun of his receding hairline. Wow.

All you really did was change the word "classy" to "immature" or "unfair". That garbage doesn't cut it.

The word "classy" doesn't apply to either of them.

whitemamba33
10-12-2012, 01:33 PM
Good post. When all is said and done any real basketball fan will look past Kobe's brain farts and see a very talented athlete. But it is tough to be silent on such ignorant statements. Why the **** does Kobe have to open his mouth when he's got EVERYTHING going for him? Kobe, shut up and play.

Welcome to the world of sports. You just want to see athletes playing their sport? Go watch peewee hockey. American athletes are millionaires and egos. There is no uniform player personality. Some are going to be the Tim Duncan type, others are going to drive fast cars, sleep with every women they see, and spend their money away.

You have the right to wish players would act EXACTLY the way you want them to, but it's only going to be a wish.

JNA17
10-12-2012, 01:34 PM
The Magic, Bird, and Jordan stuff you pointed out doesn't compare.

Now your just a hypocrite.

ink
10-12-2012, 01:36 PM
Welcome to the world of sports. You just want to see athletes playing their sport? Go watch peewee hockey. American athletes are millionaires and egos. There is no uniform player personality. Some are going to be the Tim Duncan type, others are going to drive fast cars, sleep with every women they see, and spend their money away.

You have the right to wish players would act EXACTLY the way you want them to, but it's only going to be a wish.

You don't need to lecture me about human nature. I've noticed it exists. lol. I've also noticed that basketball fans love their jerks, hell they are celebrated for being dysfunctional.

whitemamba33
10-12-2012, 01:38 PM
The word "classy" doesn't apply to either of them.

Exactly.

Tell that to the guy I was replying to who decided to list LeBron as his example for the model classy NBA player.

Bottom line, unless you know a player on a personal level, you shouldn't put too much stock into what they do as people off the court. Like that rather large list I posted of former MVP players suggests, a squeaky clean superstar is hard to find. And it's nothing new. Wilt's past is legendary. Micky Mantle even showed up with his mistress and his wife to his hall of fame ceremony.

Be a fan of the player. Otherwise, you will be let down more often than not..

ink
10-12-2012, 01:41 PM
Now your just a hypocrite.

Funny I don't remember Magic, Jordan, or Bird appearing in trials the way Mike Tyson and Kobe did. If you're going to insult me, I'm going to cut to the point about Kobe. He has sunk lower than most and needed more than most to rehab his image. This crap with Smush is an indication that his rehabilitation hasn't quite taken.

Remember, no one is taking away from what he does on the court. But someone with the history he has should be watching the **** he says to the media. And he shouldn't be insulting his present PG. Because that's exactly what he did when making excuses about why he didn't win MVP.

It's petty and it's beneath him.

whitemamba33
10-12-2012, 01:44 PM
You don't need to lecture me about human nature. I've noticed it exists. lol. I've also noticed that basketball fans love their jerks, hell they are celebrated for being dysfunctional.

Same thing in other sports. Sean Avery in hockey. A-ROD in baseball. Tiger woods in golf. Terrell Owens/Brett Favre in football. Goes back years and years: Ali, John McEnroe, Babe Ruth, Mickey Mantle, Wilt.

I'm a fan of Kobe the player, and I refuse to judge Kobe the person - because I've never met him.

Kaspa
10-12-2012, 01:46 PM
People who hate Kobe remind me of (that group of ugly girls in the corner)

We've all seen them...when the hot girl comes in the room they're all huddled up in the corner like "they're not real" "she's a ****!" "ohh my god, look at what she's wearing"

Jealousy is an ugly trait ladies... grow some balls and man the **** up!

bootleg42
10-12-2012, 01:47 PM

True. But I personally don't understand the ego part.

If tomorrow I was the best player in the NBA, filthy rich and famous, then yes, I would sleep with a ton of women and drive a fast car, BUT I would be cool as hell and be friendly with as many people as possible, EVEN MORE with one of my teammates.

I wouldn't tell my teammate (or any person for that matter) that he should not talk to me because of lack of accolades. Let's see Kobe tell that to Chris Childs.

JNA17
10-12-2012, 01:48 PM
Snippy

the fact of the matter is this, NBA players in general, are jerks, and have their own inner demons. And most if not all of the great ones, are jerks. Trying to compare what's worse or not is semantics and only makes you a hypocrite. And even thinking which one is worse is subjective and even your examples can be debated.

Ink, your better than this...I think. Its why your mod...I think. These kind of childish personalities only apply to posters like DnewGuy or DoMeFavors :p.

Bravo95
10-12-2012, 01:50 PM
See that's my thing, the "a lot of class acts" part. We don't know these guys away from the arenas and limelight. There was a time when Bryant had a great image, then he started making dumb decisions that got him into trouble. Brett Favre is another recent example -- people used to LOVE him and they all hate him now, lol. None of us knows the real story about OJ Simpson and the murders, but I do know that Simpson tricked A LOT of people of different races into thinking he was a great guy or whatever for a long time. And when it all came crashing down for him, those folks couldn't understand it.

Bryant isn't the first, and he won't be the last. This is just how it is... there's a lot of money/fame at stake and people will do whatever it takes to protect/build up their image. We can't assume a lot of these guys are great people anymore than we can believe they are a-holes or sellouts (*ahem Lebron*) when the media tell us that either. Just gotta take it for what it is, ya know? A business. A sport, but still a business first and foremost.

JesusWears24
10-12-2012, 01:50 PM

Are you kidding? Everyone in this stupid thread is a Heat fan. Dont act like Lebron or wade has never talked down to their teamates. Like what Lebron would say to chalmers??? Also, of course Smush is gonna come out and say that because Kobe embarrased him and rightfully so.... Smush was trash.

whitemamba33
10-12-2012, 01:51 PM
Funny I don't remember Magic, Jordan, or Bird appearing in trials the way Mike Tyson and Kobe did. If you're going to insult me, I'm going to cut to the point about Kobe. He has sunk lower than most and needed more than most to rehab his image. This crap with Smush is an indication that his rehabilitation hasn't quite taken.

Remember, no one is taking away from what he does on the court. But someone with the history he has should be watching the **** he says to the media. And he shouldn't be insulting his present PG. Because that's exactly what he did when making excuses about why he didn't win MVP.

It's petty and it's beneath him.

Lol you really think highly of yourself, don't you?

He needs to rehab his image? Why? Because you say so? He's making millions upon millions, is going to go down as one of the great ones, and is still popping up in endorsements and commercials. Why should he care what you think? Why should he care how you view him? I'm sorry that he's fallen short in his attempt to meet your requirements of how he has to live his life.

BALLER R
10-12-2012, 01:52 PM

Yeah on 8 different teams

whitemamba33
10-12-2012, 01:54 PM
True. But I personally don't understand the ego part.

If tomorrow I was the best player in the NBA, filthy rich and famous, then yes, I would sleep with a ton of women and drive a fast car, BUT I would be cool as hell and be friendly with as many people as possible, EVEN MORE with one of my teammates.

I wouldn't tell my teammate (or any person for that matter) that he should not talk to me because of lack of accolades. Let's see Kobe tell that to Chris Childs.

Nobody gets to that level without some kind of a chip on their shoulders. Actors, investors, for god's sake, even the managers at McDonalds walking around like they own the place. Maybe you are the exception, but the ego usually comes with the territory. Go look at some of the interviews Jordan has done, and you'll see what i'm talkign about.

Like i said before, Smush threw the first public punch.

ink
10-12-2012, 01:55 PM
Same thing in other sports. Sean Avery in hockey. A-ROD in baseball. Tiger woods in golf. Terrell Owens/Brett Favre in football. Goes back years and years: Ali, John McEnroe, Babe Ruth, Mickey Mantle, Wilt.

I'm a fan of Kobe the player, and I refuse to judge Kobe the person - because I've never met him.

Like I said, there are exceptions. But for every A-Rod there are a dozen Roy Halladays. Sean Avery was basically kicked out of the league. For every one of him there are a dozen Steve Yzermans. For every Terrell Owens there are a dozen Peyton Mannings. The best in other sports are not always jerks, in the NBA, the best are almost ALWAYS losers on a personal level.

the fact of the matter is this, NBA players in general, are jerks, and have their own inner demons. And most if not all of the great ones, are jerks. Trying to compare what's worse or not is semantics and only makes you a hypocrite. And even thinking which one is worse is subjective and even your examples can be debated.

Ink, your better than this...I think. Its why your mod...I think. These kind of childish personalities only apply to posters like DnewGuy or DoMeFavors :p.

You're not reading what I'm writing then. I take no sides except to say that a player, any player, should behave with dignity. No one suffers from that point being made emphatically.

ink
10-12-2012, 01:56 PM
Lol you really think highly of yourself, don't you?

He needs to rehab his image? Why? Because you say so? He's making millions upon millions, is going to go down as one of the great ones, and is still popping up in endorsements and commercials. Why should he care what you think? Why should he care how you view him? I'm sorry that he's fallen short in his attempt to meet your requirements of how he has to live his life.

This has nothing to do with what I think of myself. Making it personal is off topic. You don't need to go there to try to make your points.

Zefflin
10-12-2012, 01:57 PM
People lie and numbers don't? That's weird, what's that big lie machine doing today called Wall Street? Oh yes, lying!

ink
10-12-2012, 01:57 PM
Are you kidding? Everyone in this stupid thread is a Heat fan.

Not being a Heat fan at all, you lost me there.

whitemamba33
10-12-2012, 01:59 PM
Like I said, there are exceptions. But for every A-Rod there are a dozen Roy Halladays. Sean Avery was basically kicked out of the league. For every one of him there are a dozen Steve Yzermans. For every Terrell Owens there are a dozen Peyton Mannings. The best in other sports are not always jerks, in the NBA, the best are almost ALWAYS losers on a personal level.

You're not reading what I'm writing then. I take no sides except to say that a player, any player, should behave with dignity. No one suffers from that point being made emphatically.

I beg to differ. The MVP list I showed lists (allegedly) the best players in the sport in their respective seasons. That list contains everything from adultery, to illegal gambling, to sleeping with a minor.

And you are making the assumption that we know EVERYTHING about the players you posted. I find that hard to believe as well.

YankeesR#2
10-12-2012, 02:02 PM
...So?

Nobody is coming here as a fan of Kobe the person, they are fans of Kobe the basketball player. If I only followed players who had squeaky clean personal lives, how many players would that leave me? Jordan? Nope. Shaq? Nope. Iverson? Nope. Jason Kidd, Karl Malone, Dwayne Wade? Nope. Wilt? HELL NO.

I guess I should become a huge John Stockton fan then?

I've never met Kobe Bryant the person, so who am I to make judgements based on the small bit of information that I hear in the media and from guys who are butt hurt that they can't hang in the league anymore?

Also, your "talking trash to somebody on another continent" comment is kind of idiotic since the entire reason for this thread is Smush complaining about how rude Kobe was TO HIS FACE.

The comment was directed to those Kobe apologists who blame the victim and there are plenty of them on this board.

As far as idiotic statements go, your contention that no one has a squeaky clean personel life so that gives you freedom to root for Kobe is right up there. There is a big difference between being squeaky clean and Kobe who is one of the lowest forms of life, one step above a child molester.

If you do meet him hopefully it is not in a Colorado hotel room.

http://www.tmz.com/2012/07/30/wwe-apology-kobe-bryant-rape-joke/

The proper response is a simple one. You root for the Lakers and do not have any input on who is on the team but it also fair to point out that when you root for the Lakers you are rooting for a rapist.

ink
10-12-2012, 02:03 PM
I beg to differ. The MVP list I showed lists (allegedly) the best players in the sport in their respective seasons. That list contains everything from adultery, to illegal gambling, to sleeping with a minor.

And you are making the assumption that we know EVERYTHING about the players you posted. I find that hard to believe as well.

I didn't see a list.

whitemamba33
10-12-2012, 02:07 PM
The comment was directed to those Kobe apologists who blame the victim and there are plenty of them on this board.

As far as idiotic statements go, your contention that no one has a squeaky clean personel life so that gives you freedom to root for Kobe is right up there. There is a big difference between being squeaky clean and Kobe who is one of the lowest forms of life, one step above a child molester.

The proper response is a simple one. You root for the Lakers and do not have any input on who is on the team but it also fair to point out that when you root for the Lakers you are rooting for a rapist.

He wasn't convicted of rape, so I'm not going to agree with your comments about rape at all. Just getting that of the way.

You failed to understand what I wrote, which led to an idiotic statement. I'm not saying "everyone does it so I'm free to root for Kobe", I'm saying "You don't know any of these players on a personal level, so judge them for the athlete they are". Charles said it best: "I am not a role model". It doesn't matter to me if it's LeBron James, Kobe, Tim Duncan, or Mother Theresa herself. If you do things differently, than that's your call.

BigCityofDreams
10-12-2012, 02:08 PM
He brings it on himself. Who knows, maybe he needs the attention now that Lebron has finally won a ring. They're both losers on a human scale, even if they are both among the best players in the world.

How are they losers on the Human scale. They aren't perfect but I wouldn't call them losers when it comes to them in their private lives. We have no idea how well they treat ppl out of the public eye. He'll ppl trash Alex Rodriguez and although he has his faults he has done things for ppl that no one ever brings up.

whitemamba33
10-12-2012, 02:12 PM
I didn't see a list.

LeBron, Shaq, Karl Malone, Kobe, Iverson, Garnett, Charles Barkley, Magic Johnson.

Left out Rose because I don't follow him very closely. If I felt like it I'd google his name/quotes.

In the last 25 or so years, those players make up the strong majority of MVP award winners, and all of them have something that would keep them off the all-NBA squeaky clean list.

Noteworthy Bill Russell - racist. Wilt - womanizer. Dr. J - adultery.

In my opinion, it's the clean players that are the exceptions.

ink
10-12-2012, 02:12 PM
How are they losers on the Human scale. They aren't perfect but I wouldn't call them losers when it comes to them in their private lives. We have no idea how well they treat ppl out of the public eye. He'll ppl trash Alex Rodriguez and although he has his faults he has done things for ppl that no one ever brings up.

Turn of phrase to emphasize a point. Dysfunctional would probably be better. A lot of these guys are so messed up they can't even see how self-obsessed they are. Sure, you can give examples of players from other sports but in this league it's commonplace. And I'm not talking about their private lives exclusively. As LBJ proved with his ridiculous special and Kobe proves every time he throws teammates under the bus, this is their PUBLIC lives.

You get guys like Nash and Duncan who seem better educated and are definitely more socially aware, and they're not as well liked. It's an interesting thing about the NBA. Fans seem drawn to jerks. The league itself has to share in the blame for hyping the stars to such a degree and building up their already dysfunctional egos.

Is that too much? I don't think so at all. A guy like Terrell Owens gets mocked in the NFL, Sean Avery gets kicked out of the league (or pushed down into the minors, which is worse), yet in the NBA the ludicrous things stars like Shaq and Kobe say and do get defended.

It would be a lot more credible if people condemned the garbage he says and demanded better from a leader.

LoveMeOrHateMe
10-12-2012, 02:17 PM

It really is an all-time great who will en in the top 5 ever gets the most hate out of any top 10 player ever probably in any sport that's just sad

ink
10-12-2012, 02:18 PM
LeBron, Shaq, Karl Malone, Kobe, Iverson, Garnett, Charles Barkley, Magic Johnson.

Left out Rose because I don't follow him very closely. If I felt like it I'd google his name/quotes.

In the last 25 or so years, those players make up the strong majority of MVP award winners, and all of them have something that would keep them off the all-NBA squeaky clean list.

Don't see Magic belonging on that list, but otherwise you're making my point for me about how commonplace being jerky is in the NBA.

And from what I've heard, Rose is a pretty decent guy.

LoveMeOrHateMe
10-12-2012, 02:19 PM

Your going with could and should kinda like woulda shoulda and no Lebron won't go down as a better player you know why? Because Kobe isn't done winning rings and by the time he is Lebron will have to big a deficit to surpass kobe

LoveMeOrHateMe
10-12-2012, 02:20 PM
Sounds like there's a beef coming between those 2...

Kobe better not slap the hand that feeds him. He's going to need his teammates every year on his side so he can have the best chance to win. If he doesn't, he'll never win.

That's stupid obviously he's not gonna win without his teammates same goes for Lebron Durant cp3 etc.

LoveMeOrHateMe
10-12-2012, 02:23 PM
People who hate Kobe remind me of (that group of ugly girls in the corner)

We've all seen them...when the hot girl comes in the room they're all huddled up in the corner like "they're not real" "she's a ****!" "ohh my god, look at what she's wearing"

Jealousy is an ugly trait ladies... grow some balls and man the **** up!

:clap:

NYYCowboys
10-12-2012, 02:27 PM

Well I never called him classy. Don't know where you got that quote from. I said he was a nice guy. Which by most accounts he is. He never raped anyone, publicly denounced his teammates personally, and he doesn't have the same smug attitude that Kobe has.

BigCityofDreams
10-12-2012, 02:28 PM
Turn of phrase to emphasize a point. Dysfunctional would probably be better. A lot of these guys are so messed up they can't even see how self-obsessed they are. Sure, you can give examples of players from other sports but in this league it's commonplace. And I'm not talking about their private lives exclusively. As LBJ proved with his ridiculous special and Kobe proves every time he throws teammates under the bus, this is their PUBLIC lives.

You get guys like Nash and Duncan who seem better educated and are definitely more socially aware, and they're not as well liked. It's an interesting thing about the NBA. Fans seem drawn to jerks. The league itself has to share in the blame for hyping the stars to such a degree and building up their already dysfunctional egos.

Is that too much? I don't think so at all. A guy like Terrell Owens gets mocked in the NFL, Sean Avery gets kicked out of the league (or pushed down into the minors, which is worse), yet in the NBA the ludicrous things stars like Shaq and Kobe say and do get defended.

It would be a lot more credible if people condemned the garbage he says and demanded better from a leader.

TO gets mocked because he's old and isn't as good as he once was. When he was in his prime they praised the antics he pulled. The same goes for Ocho Cinco. In sports as long as you're productive you will get a pass. Sure Avery got sent to the minors but how long did NHL put up with his bs.

whitemamba33
10-12-2012, 02:29 PM
Don't see Magic belonging on that list, but otherwise you're making my point for me about how commonplace being jerky is in the NBA.

Ya? Where did the HIV come from? His wife doesn't have it, and he does. You do the math.

Perhaps our points blend together in some spots. We both believe the NBA is full of jerks. Your approach is to make silent demands to those jerks and compare them to what you consider to be the ideal person, and my approach is that since I've never actually never met any of these PEOPLE, it doesn't make sense for me to judge them as any more than a PLAYER.

In many cases, you are at the mercy of how the media spins events and how much of it they decide to reveal. Any of the clean players you've mentioned could be heroin kingpins for all we know.

whitemamba33
10-12-2012, 02:30 PM

"From what you've heard" is entirely my point. We are at the mercy of what's available to us.

LoveMeOrHateMe
10-12-2012, 02:30 PM

So Kobe has his own charity, had helped so many people out there and at one point donated more then anybody during an all-star game charity event is a bad person and one step above child molesters? Wow so all your gonna remember is a girl who blamed Kobe of rape but it never happened? Ok... Loser

ink
10-12-2012, 02:31 PM
TO gets mocked because he's old and isn't as good as he once was. When he was in his prime they praised the antics he pulled. The same goes for Ocho Cinco. In sports as long as you're productive you will get a pass. Sure Avery got sent to the minors but how long did NHL put up with his bs.

Those are still exceptions. In the NBA virtually everyone is a dick like Ocho Cinco. And I say virtually knowing that there are great character people like Hill, Nash, Fisher, Duncan, Durant, etc, but I'm already running out of names ... lol. The majority seem to emulate the dickheads. Kobe is a great player but a bit of an embarrassment to a great franchise.

NYYCowboys
10-12-2012, 02:32 PM
Your going with could and should kinda like woulda shoulda and no Lebron won't go down as a better player you know why? Because Kobe isn't done winning rings and by the time he is Lebron will have to big a deficit to surpass kobe

Another poster who can't read. Go back in my post you quoted and name one time I used the word could or should. I said he will be better. There's no doubt Lebron will win more rings. How many? I don't know. But even if he wins say 2 more, he will go down as one of the best of all time, and surpass Kobe no matter how many rings he has.

ink
10-12-2012, 02:33 PM
"From what you've heard" is entirely my point. We are at the mercy of what's available to us.

From what we've heard is basically what people seem to like to argue about 24/7 in the NBA forum.

I'm saying a high profile athlete like Kobe could change the culture overnight if he could behave with more dignity.

whitemamba33
10-12-2012, 02:34 PM
Well I never called him classy. Don't know where you got that quote from. I said he was a nice guy. Which by most accounts he is. He never raped anyone, publicly denounced his teammates personally, and he doesn't have the same smug attitude that Kobe has.

From what I remember of Shaq's book, LeBron didn't listen to coach Brown. He knew Brown couldn't touch him, so he did what he want in practice or video sessions.

Sorry, I fail to see how leaving your hometown team on national television after you said you wouldn't quit before bringing them a championship falls under the category of "nice guy". Lots of people have signed with other teams after their contracts were done, LeBron did it in front of the world.

dh144498
10-12-2012, 02:34 PM
Those are still exceptions. In the NBA virtually everyone is a dick like Ocho Cinco. And I say virtually knowing that there are great character people like Hill, Nash, Fisher, Duncan, etc, but I'm already running out of names ... lol. The majority seem to emulate the dickheads. Kobe is a great player but a bit of an embarrassment to a great franchise.

Too bad the only people talking about it are some haters and a few others on internet forums. While the rest of the world media already forgot his past many years ago. People remember triumph more over defeat. Only the fanatic haters keep clinging on to the Kobe rape case and his history of calling his teammates out. 99% of the real world don't consider him an embarrassment at all. Only that 1% on internet forums always talk mad.

KB-Pau-DH2012
10-12-2012, 02:35 PM
From what we've heard is basically what people seem to like to argue about 24/7 in the NBA forum.

I'm saying a high profile athlete like Kobe could change the culture overnight if he could behave with more dignity.

Kobe needs to just look to the now and the future. Forget the past.

I don't want to see him 7 or 8 yrs down the line when he has his Hall of Fame Speech in Springfield and pull a MJ and basically badmouth everyone who ever doubted him or didn't get along with him.

I don't want Kobe to turn into the bitter old man that MJ has turned out to become.

dh144498
10-12-2012, 02:37 PM
Kobe needs to just look to the now and the future. Forget the past.

I don't want to see him 7 or 8 yrs down the line when he has his Hall of Fame Speech in Springfield and pull a MJ and basically badmouth everyone who ever doubted him or didn't get along with him.

I don't want Kobe to turn into the bitter old man that MJ has turned out to become.

very well said. I really hope he doesn't pull an MJ for his speech.

whitemamba33
10-12-2012, 02:37 PM

Lol the NBA forum. That's where all the brilliant minds meet.

Maybe he doesn't want to "change the culture". Maybe he just wants to play basketball and win championships and bang other women who aren't his wife, and buy mansions and Ferrari's.

Charles: "I am not a role model".

BigCityofDreams
10-12-2012, 02:39 PM
It really is an all-time great who will en in the top 5 ever gets the most hate out of any top 10 player ever probably in any sport that's just sad

I'm trying to think of any other player that gets as much hate as Kobe. The only one I could think of is A-rod.

I don't mind ppl criticizing him although it gets to be a bit much but what bothers me is the petty ish. Not "Kobe takes bad shots" because we all know he does. It's the little kid bs like "Kobe is the luckiest player ever. He's really not that good"

ink
10-12-2012, 02:40 PM
Too bad the only people talking about it are some haters and a few others on internet forums. While the rest of the world media already forgot his past many years ago. People remember triumph more over defeat. Only the fanatic haters keep clinging on to the Kobe rape case and his history of calling his teammates out. 99% of the real world don't consider him an embarrassment at all. Only that 1% on internet forums always talk mad.

You quoted me so I'm assuming you're calling me a hater. You can stop right there because I've also posted a lot about how good Kobe the player is. Off the court, in public, yes, he has embarrassed his franchise, and not just in 2004.

Ya? Where did the HIV come from? His wife doesn't have it, and he does. You do the math.

I'm not condoning adultery but if it's consensual we're talking about something very different. I don't even think you can begin to count how many pro athletes cheat on their wives while they're on the road. You notice I didn't say anything about Kobe's divorce, and that's mainly because these guys live in another world when it comes to the availability of sex wherever they go. A woman that marries a pro athlete has to be crazy or very open-minded. They will be marrying a lot of money and fame, and with that will come a pretty heavy price for their own egos with all the infidelity that goes on.

Perhaps our points blend together in some spots. We both believe the NBA is full of jerks. Your approach is to make silent demands to those jerks and compare them to what you consider to be the ideal person, and my approach is that since I've never actually never met any of these PEOPLE, it doesn't make sense for me to judge them as any more than a PLAYER.

Fair enough, but I'm not talking about an ideal. I'm talking about actual behaviour. Bad mouthing ex-teammates or denigrating current teammates MVP awards is cheap. I don't want Kobe to be cheap. I don't want a Laker to be cheap.

In many cases, you are at the mercy of how the media spins events and how much of it they decide to reveal. Any of the clean players you've mentioned could be heroin kingpins for all we know.

The Breaking Bad type. lol.

dh144498
10-12-2012, 02:40 PM
I'm trying to think of any other player that gets as much hate as Kobe. The only one I could think of is A-rod.

I don't mind ppl criticizing him although it gets to be a bit much but what bothers me is the petty ish. Not "Kobe takes bad shots" because we all know he does. It's the little kid bs like "Kobe is the luckiest player ever. He's really not that good"

too much truth. :clap::clap:

dh144498
10-12-2012, 02:41 PM
You quoted me so I'm assuming you're calling me a hater. You can stop right there because I've also posted a lot about how good Kobe the player is. Off the court, in public, yes, he has embarrassed his franchise, and not just in 2004.

I didn't call you a hater. Here's what I wrote:

Too bad the only people talking about it are some haters and a few others on internet forums

BigCityofDreams
10-12-2012, 02:43 PM
Those are still exceptions. In the NBA virtually everyone is a dick like Ocho Cinco. And I say virtually knowing that there are great character people like Hill, Nash, Fisher, Duncan, Durant, etc, but I'm already running out of names ... lol. The majority seem to emulate the dickheads. Kobe is a great player but a bit of an embarrassment to a great franchise.

Hibbert seems like a good kid. Odom despite being in space sometimes has never been seen as a bad guy.

How big of an embarrassment could he be when Wilt Chamberlain walked around claiming he banged 20,000 women.

whitemamba33
10-12-2012, 02:44 PM

I'm not condoning adultery but if it's consensual we're talking about something very different.

Fair enough, but I'm not talking about an ideal. I'm talking about actual behaviour.

The Breaking Bad type. lol.

So if everyone does it, it's ok?

Of course it's different. I never said that all those players were rapists. But they are all guilty of a significant act that takes away their "squeaky clean" status. Also add in the fact that he demanded he play for the Lakers.

LoveMeOrHateMe
10-12-2012, 02:47 PM
@lazenby: Kobe confirms what Phil told me once about MJ: Alpha males are nice to have on your side but not real fun to be around once the game is over

BigCityofDreams
10-12-2012, 02:47 PM
too much truth. :clap::clap:

How many threads have you seen in recent months that state player X had a better peak than Kobe so I'd take him over KB24 even though player X didn't have a better prime and only played for a few seasons.

SMH

LoveMeOrHateMe
10-12-2012, 02:49 PM
Another poster who can't read. Go back in my post you quoted and name one time I used the word could or should. I said he will be better. There's no doubt Lebron will win more rings. How many? I don't know. But even if he wins say 2 more, he will go down as one of the best of all time, and surpass Kobe no matter how many rings he has.

That's exactly what I mean you're the one that can't read by you saying he will be the better player is you saying he could and should be better, some people lol

ink
10-12-2012, 02:49 PM
So if everyone does it, it's ok?

Of course it's different. I never said that all those players were rapists. But they are all guilty of a significant act that takes away their "squeaky clean" status. Also add in the fact that he demanded he play for the Lakers.

I don't even want squeaky clean. Is it too much to expect a leader not to bad mouth his ex-teammates? That's not an ideal. That's leadership, and that's a BEHAVIOUR. Kobe is supposed to be a leader. Sounds like he was unbearably arrogant to his teammates then and he should just move on and improve himself.

I thought he had. That's my own disappointment. I thought the guy had grown up.

Lakersfanla24
10-12-2012, 02:51 PM
Geez how many threads about Kobe do we need to have? Seems like people really enjoy either extremely hating on him, or extremely riding his nuts. Either way people are still talking about him and will continue to long after hes gone. He truly is the most polarizing athlete in all of sports......

whitemamba33
10-12-2012, 02:54 PM
I don't even want squeaky clean. Is it too much to expect a leader not to bad mouth his ex-teammates? That's not an ideal. That's leadership, and that's a BEHAVIOUR. Kobe is supposed to be a leader. Sounds like he was unbearably arrogant to his teammates then and he should just move on and improve himself.

I thought he had. That's my own disappointment. I thought the guy had grown up.

You don't want squeaky clean because I showed you how many players aren't and you've realized it's not nearly as common as you thought it was.

A couple years ago Smush Parker gave an interview here trashed Kobe. This is where this public trash talking started. Why aren't we here talking about how Smush is bashing his ex-teammate?

Jordan had a long history of being terrible to his teammates. If it's a behavior that gets 5-6 championships, you go tell them to knock it off.

Like I said, it's all about what they do on the court, for me anyways. I wanted LeBron to deliver a 'ship to a small market team after he said he "wouldn't stop until he did it". You don't think I was disappointed to hear that he was such a quitter? It's because I put too much stock in who he was as a person. My fault.

SteBO
10-12-2012, 02:55 PM
Geez how many threads about Kobe do we need to have? Seems like people really enjoy either extremely hating on him, or extremely riding his nuts. Either way people are still talking about him and will continue to long after hes gone. He truly is the most polarizing athlete in all of sports......
Funny you should post this. I looked at your sig and I had to chuckle, because it kinda highlights why he's supposedly getting "hated" on in this thread. :laugh2:

still1ballin
10-12-2012, 02:56 PM
its not that big of a deal

WAYNEBO
10-12-2012, 02:59 PM
Sucks because he coulda been equal to Jordan. Has all the tools, offensively and definsively. MJ was better at making his TEAM better. They both have attitude and ego, which is good for winners, BUT to be that kind of @$$ takes it to a whole lower level.

Will always respect Kobe's game, never Kobe as a person or sports figure.

b0nk
10-12-2012, 03:00 PM
lol who cares, its smoosh puker
and they've been taking jabs at each other for a long time. why is this news now

SteBO
10-12-2012, 03:00 PM
You don't want squeaky clean because I showed you how many players aren't and you've realized it's not nearly as common as you thought it was.

A couple years ago Smush Parker gave an interview here trashed Kobe. This is where this public trash talking started. Why aren't we here talking about how Smush is bashing his ex-teammate?

Jordan had a long history of being terrible to his teammates. If it's a behavior that gets 5-6 championships, you go tell them to knock it off.
Because people shouldn't expect any more or less from him. He's an immature player who thought he could just do what he wanted when he wanted without consequence. He's another case of a player who never truly understood just how good he had it considering his ineptitude on the court on many occasions.

Kobe should be above that mess considering who he is and the spotlight he's under. That's ink's point. This shouldn't shock you, because it sure as hell doesn't shock me in the least. Kobe should just move on. Smush Parker isn't worth it, despite the fact that I agree with Kobe's assessment of him.

Shlumpledink
10-12-2012, 03:03 PM
The problem with talking about Smush Parker, is it reminds everyone that he exists.

Shlumpledink
10-12-2012, 03:04 PM
This reminds me of the VP debate yesterday. People who hate Kobe, side with SMUSH PARKER, and treat anything he says negatively about him like gospel.

LoveMeOrHateMe

This is true no doubt

ink

You'll be mistaken if you start to tell me what my motives are. Disagree with me all you like but telling me what I think is kind of ridiculous. You brought up "squeaky clean" not me.

Kobe shouldn't care. Even better yet, if he was the ******** Smush describes maybe he could have surprised all of us with his humility and said that was a different Kobe and he's learned since. That would be dignified.

So because MJ did it, it's alright?

And there's a difference between what happens in practice and what you bray to the media.

YoungOne
10-12-2012, 03:06 PM
BTW his fg numbers after playing with Kobe were 35%, 31% & 36%

lol that was one season total / heat / clippers
cant even read stats :D

whitemamba33
Because people shouldn't expected any more or less from him. He's an immature player who thought he could just do what he wanted when he wanted without consequence. He's another case of a player who never truly understood just how good he had it considering his ineptitude on the court on many occasions.

Kobe should be above that kinda mess considering who he is and the spotlight he's under. That's ink's point. This shouldn't shock you, because it sure as hell doesn't shock me in the least. Kobe should just move on.

But Kobe has demonstrated his entire career that he's going to say what he wants when he wants. That's who he is. For us to "expect better" or tell him not to act that way is not something we can control. Level of play doesn't not create a double standard. Just because someone isn't in the league anymore doesn't mean they aren't a "bad" person for trash talking.

This is a witch hunt. In this thread alone i've heard somebody refer to LeBron as a "nice guy", I've heard someone say that adultery is ok because tons of athletes do it, and now that it's ok for someone to talk trash about Kobe but NOT ok for Kobe to talk trash back.

Shoulder shrug.

LoveMeOrHateMe

Biggest name in sports today all around the world not just the US... **** he's even bigger then Yao Ming in china

whitemamba33
10-12-2012, 03:07 PM
You'll be mistaken if you start to tell me what my motives are. Disagree with me all you like but telling me what I think is kind of ridiculous. You brought up "squeaky clean" not me.

Kobe shouldn't care. Even better yet, if he was the ******** Smush describes maybe he could have surprised all of us with his humility and said that was a different Kobe and he's learned since. That would be dignified.

So because MJ did it, it's alright?

I'm not saying because MJ did, it's alright. I'm suggesting that perhaps coming down hard on teammates ultimately produces results. They have 11 'ships between them, why should they care what you think of their leadership skills?

Again it call comes back to YOU, doesn't it? He should try and surprise you with his humility? He doesn't need to learn everything. He's happy with how things are. He doesn't need to fall under your definition of dignified.

ink
10-12-2012, 03:10 PM
This is a witch hunt. In this thread alone i've heard somebody refer to LeBron as a "nice guy", I've heard someone say that adultery is ok because tons of athletes do it, and now that it's ok for someone to talk trash about Kobe but NOT ok for Kobe to talk trash back.

That's quite the string of strawman points. And apparently you don't know what "not condoning" means from my post about adultery. ;)

And it's no witch hunt. People are reacting to exactly what he said and did, no more.

ink
10-12-2012, 03:11 PM
Again it call comes back to YOU, doesn't it? He should try and surprise you with his humility? He doesn't need to learn everything. He's happy with how things are. He doesn't need to fall under your definition of dignified.

Again with the strawman points. You altered what I said -- "all of us" -- to "you" to try to make your point.

YoungOne
10-12-2012, 03:13 PM
Biggest name in sports today all around the world not just the US... **** he's even bigger then Yao Ming in china

lol no

whitemamba33
10-12-2012, 03:13 PM
That's quite the string of strawman points. And apparently you don't know what "not condoning" means from my post about adultery. ;)

I do know what "not condoning" means. I also noticed that you failed to cast ANY negative shadow on it at all. To me that says "I'm not saying it's ok, but go for it". I don't know what goes on in your family, but that's not alright with me. It's certainly not an act that is going to "change the culture".

whitemamba33
10-12-2012, 03:15 PM

And it's no witch hunt. People are reacting to exactly what he said and did, no more.

Yes but they are dismissing everything else. Smush talked trash, Kobe responded, so LET'S ALL HATE KOBE!

That's a witch hunt.

HandPuppet
10-12-2012, 03:16 PM
I would like to see people talk to him that way, like when the president welcomes the NBA Champs, I want Gary Johnson to say, "Sorry Kohbs, I only speak to people who have at least are Representatives." Or when Jay Leno interviews him "Sorry charlie, you gotta be as funny as me to sit in that chair."

I'm sure there are things Smush is better at than Kobe. Like speedball and drop 30 on some Queensbridge locals

TylerSL
10-12-2012, 03:17 PM

You are wrong. Lebron doesnt tell Chalmers he isnt good enough to talk to him.

ink
10-12-2012, 03:17 PM
I do know what "not condoning" means. I also noticed that you failed to cast ANY negative shadow on it at all. To me that says "I'm not saying it's ok, but go for it". I don't know what goes on in your family, but that's not alright with me. It's certainly not an act that is going to "change the culture".

My point was that consensual sex is quite different. Magic, Wilt, and every other athlete have their consciences and wives to answer to; Kobe had the law to answer to.

And no, I don't think it's alright. On a personal note, I'm going to live in Mexico until mid January and won't see my wife for three months starting next Wednesday. That is going to be tough, but I agree with you about being faithful. It's a question of respect. Yes, it's a big deal to me too. But that's on my own conscience.

IKnowHoops
10-12-2012, 03:20 PM
5 rings! Deal with it

2 more and hell be on Robert horry's level!!

ink
10-12-2012, 03:20 PM
Yes but they are dismissing everything else. Smush talked trash, Kobe responded, so LET'S ALL HATE KOBE!

That's a witch hunt.

an intensive effort to discover and expose disloyalty, subversion, dishonesty, or the like, usually based on slight, doubtful, or irrelevant evidence.

^^ No, that's a witch hunt. This is just a critical thread that shouldn't bother you one way or another since you're not his agent and you're not KB either. He said what he said and there's no lack of evidence because he stupidly decided to say it into a scrum full of tape recorders! lol.

Like I said, it would be more credible if Kobe fans just said yep there's no condoning what he says any more. Be critical of these guys when they deserve it.

SteBO
10-12-2012, 03:23 PM
But Kobe has demonstrated his entire career that he's going to say what he wants when he wants. That's who he is. For us to "expect better" or tell him not to act that way is not something we can control. Level of play doesn't not create a double standard. Just because someone isn't in the league anymore doesn't mean they aren't a "bad" person for trash talking.

Shoulder shrug.
But that's the thing. Smush isn't in the league anymore, and yet here's Kobe firing back at the guy. Just letting Smush Parker steam and throw and hissy fit makes him look like the fool, at least in the minds of the rational fans if that's even saying much. I say let Smush be Smush. Kobe's got bigger fish to fry at this point.

Kobe's well aware of the label that's been placed on him, and to make the comments he made only enhanced that, especially to a guy whose stature can't even hold a candle stick. Should Kobe care? Probably and probably not. One of things I absolutely like about him is that he couldn't care less about what we think about him. It's a trait I wish I had. He has the hardware to prove that being the way he is has worked in regards to his career. But there's also the median I think he needs to reach. Alot of people admire Kobe the player, but Kobe the person in many instances has come off as a complete jerk-off and there's no denying that. MJ was/is no different. It's all about separating the "player" from the "person" at the end of the day.

SteBO
10-12-2012, 03:27 PM
Smush Parker is a dope. To even waste my time acknowledging anything that clown says in regards to Kobe is foolish. Kobe is a superstar that should be above that nonsense. Do I expect him to be at this point? Not really. I just wish he would.

kblo247
10-12-2012, 03:31 PM

LEagues biggest draw of all trime since Mike, highest revenue generating LAker since 05, king of the team record books, and a guy who never once mailed it in at the cost of his health is an embarrassment? All 3 Buss family members calls him the greatest laker ever and so does Worthy and West for a reason.

Magic and Worthy were no saints. Kareem certainly wasn't a media darling as has been documented. And West even admits that he, Wilt, Goodrich, and Elgin would be highly scrutinized in the twitter age to Max and Marcellus for what all they said and did but didn't get published globally.

Hell the owner bless his soul is a Playboy Mansion frequenter and gambler, daughter a pin up girl, and son a racetrac guy with fondness of alcohol.

Again, you shouldn';t speak if you don;t know your history about the players before him. The hookers, the orgies, and the like they were all known for themselves. They were all depraved one way or another, but when it was time to work they left it all out there, left no doubt they wanted to win, and came to play hurt or sick. That is what makes a great Laker. They win, they have egos, they live under a microscope, are global icons, and they win to say **** you to the haters. IT's the culture

whitemamba33
10-12-2012, 03:31 PM
My point was that consensual sex is one thing and adultery is quite different. Magic, Wilt, and every other athlete have their consciences and wives to answer to; Kobe had the law to answer to.

And no, I don't think it's alright. On a personal note, I'm going to live in Mexico until mid January and won't see my wife for three months starting next Wednesday. That is going to be tough, but I agree with you about being faithful. It's a question of respect. Yes, it's a big deal to me too. But that's on my own conscience.

They are quite different, but bad, and far from acts that will "change the culture" overnight. But this is a witch hunt so you are going to "not condone" the actions of those players and just focus on Kobe, even though Kobe was never convicted.

It's all about character. Yes adultery isn't rape, but if I'm going to go around judging people's characters in addition to what they do on the basketball court, I have to give Kobe, Karl Malone, Magic, Shaq, Erving, Wilt, Iverson, Shaq, LeBron, Jordan all fails. Now you could spend all day arguing who is MORE of a fail than the others, but it all adds up to fail.

Who are we to judge. I'm not perfect, and I'm sure you won't claim to be either.

Lakersfanla24
10-12-2012, 03:36 PM
Funny you should post this. I looked at your sig and I had to chuckle, because it kinda highlights why he's supposedly getting "hated" on in this thread. :laugh2:

That was kind of the point haha

whitemamba33
10-12-2012, 03:36 PM
But that's the thing. Smush isn't in the league anymore, and yet here's Kobe firing back at the guy. Just letting Smush Parker steam and throw and hissy fit makes him look like the fool, at least in the minds of the rational fans if that's even saying much. I say let Smush be Smush. Kobe's got bigger fish to fry at this point.

Kobe's well aware of the label that's been placed on him, and to make the comments he made only enhanced that, especially to a guy whose stature can't even hold a candle stick. Should Kobe care? Probably and probably not. One of things I absolutely like about him is that he couldn't care less about what we think about him. It's a trait I wish I had. He has the hardware to prove that being the way he is has worked in regards to his career. But there's also the median I think he needs to reach. Alot of people admire Kobe the player, but Kobe the person in many instances has come off as a complete jerk-off and there's no denying that. MJ was/is no different. It's all about separating the "player" from the "person" at the end of the day.

I'm sorry, but I don't agree with the thought that Kobe shouldn't respond to an ex=teammate flinging trash his way. It's funny, so many people in here have taken a VERY strong stance against talking to teammates in a negative way. It's not in his nature. He lives to prove people wrong. He takes in what people say about him and throws it back at them. It's what made him great.

I agree. Please don't come here and try and persuade me to believe that Kobe is a jerk - I've never and never will say that he is by any means a "good person". All I said was I don't care. And it's not just Kobe. I don't care about LeBron as a person, or any of the other people mentioned in this thread. I know all these players inside and out on the court, and know NONE of them off the court. I'll never pretend otherwise.

ink
10-12-2012, 03:37 PM
They are quite different, but bad, and far from acts that will "change the culture" overnight. But this is a witch hunt so you are going to "not condone" the actions of those players and just focus on Kobe, even though Kobe was never convicted.

Like SteBO says, Kobe is aware of his rep. When he opens his mouth and says stupid things, giving attention to people like Parker, or even badmouthing Brown and others, he reminds us of his past. A witch hunt would be if he hadn't actually thrown Bynum, Smush, and all the others under the bus.

It's all about character. Yes adultery isn't rape, but if I'm going to go around judging people's characters in addition to what they do on the basketball court, I have to give Kobe, Karl Malone, Magic, Shaq, Erving, Wilt, Iverson, Shaq, LeBron, Jordan all fails. Now you could spend all day arguing who is MORE of a fail than the others, but it all adds up to fail.

You're making my point for me about the NBA.

Who are we to judge. I'm not perfect, and I'm sure you won't claim to be either.

Kobe is better than this. Not very harsh judgement. Also not a very high bar to hit.

Lakersfanla24
10-12-2012, 03:43 PM
lol no

Its pretty obvious that he is the biggest name in all of sports. Dude takes a s**t and people either love him or hate him for it. Either way people are still always talking about him and always will

whitemamba33
10-12-2012, 03:44 PM
^^ No, that's a witch hunt. This is just a critical thread that shouldn't bother you one way or another since you're not his agent and you're not KB either. He said what he said and there's no lack of evidence because he stupidly decided to say it into a scrum full of tape recorders! lol.

Like I said, it would be more credible if Kobe fans just said yep there's no condoning what he says any more. Be critical of these guys when they deserve it.

So it would be more credible if people just did what you did.

I see. So I guess you are going to stop trying to convince me that the world doesn't revolve around you?

I'm not condoning what he's doing, I'm saying I don't care. He could be the biggest prick in the world for all I care. I love his winning attitude and his commitment to the game, and I love that he puts banners in the rafters.

Lol be critical of these guys when they deserve it? Unless it's Michael Jordan, Magic Johnson, Wilt, or Smush Parker.

SteBO
10-12-2012, 03:48 PM
I'm sorry, but I don't agree with the thought that Kobe shouldn't respond to an ex=teammate flinging trash his way. It's funny, so many people in here have taken a VERY strong stance against talking to teammates in a negative way. It's not in his nature. He lives to prove people wrong. He takes in what people say about him and throws it back at them. It's what made him great.

I agree. Please don't come here and try and persuade me to believe that Kobe is a jerk - I've never and never will say that he is by any means a "good person". All I said was I don't care. And it's not just Kobe. I don't care about LeBron as a person, or any of the other people mentioned in this thread. I know all these players inside and out on the court, and know NONE of them off the court. I'll never pretend otherwise.
Whether you want to believe it or not is irrelevant. I'm not trying to persuade you(I know better), I'm just giving you the facts about how many feel about him and rightfully so. He's come off as an extrememly ego-maniacal individual in many instances during his career, in the past (sorry for not emphasizing the "past", because now I have no issues with him really especially after witnessing Shaq's departure from Miami.)

Bottom line, there was no need for Kobe for fire back like he did at Smush. Fact. Smush is not worth the trouble. It's made him the "great" player he is, but it's also earned him a negative label as a person. No way around that. It comes with the territory.

kblo247
10-12-2012, 03:48 PM
I think you've touched on something. It's entitlement. He's not entitled to win, he's not entitled to a great team, he's not entitled to any more than any other player. That's what is a turn off to so many people about Kobe. He thinks it's his right. SO MANY other NBA players through history have not had a stacked team around them. Get over it Kobe. And seriously, act like a champion, not like the petulant boy you were in 2004. You're above this. It's insulting for him to make excuses about why he didn't win MVP, especially to someone who earned his and shouldn't have it denigrated by a TEAMMATE.

Entitlement? Its what he was told to sign on the dotted line?

All the Buss family admit they sold Kobe on a piece being added to him, Caron, and Lamar to re-sign in a time window that they far exceeded. They all admit that Kobe willingly sat down with Phil when they broguht them back and they let those two air every grievance they had from years past and never said to one another.

He didn't denigrate a teammate. Nash is great. Kobe has spent the majority of camp talking about how great Nash is despite the 7 seconds or less book knocking Kobe, Lamar, Phil, and the LAkers from the Suns perspective.

He said what was honest in his feelings. HE got a load of **** that wasn't even in the league without him anymore and everyone but LO isn't even a rotation player without him those two years. He got yanked around by the FO and wasted valuable years. That isn't entitlement, that is competitiveness that he could never quench. LA made mroe selling the Kobe solo show than 3 peat teams revenue wise, they had the money, they even had multiple deals but didn't want to foot the bill and it eats at him which he has never hid that they didn't even try to bring capable players.

His words to SAS were that he got tired of going to El Segundo and seeing the only other two there early and staying late were Odom and Walton along with himself and the coaches those years. It frustrated him.

And to be fair, Kwame was called a ***** by MJ andn Collins for his years there and it is documented that that is what the guys referred to him as. They damaged the kid to the point Kobe admits Kwame once told him "don't pass me the ball late please even if I'm open" and Kobe also stood up for Kwame when Staples booed him out the building and told the fans don't come.

Like I said we can never know what he feels like not being able to compete those years when he was at his best. And don';t give me the lots of players jazz. Lots of players have played with great talent. BArkely, Nash, Dirk (more than one ring should happen), and many more have been on stacked teams and not won and did their job when they should have. The fact is Kobe's won with expectations because of said ego. ITs that same ego that led him to say when the PAu trade happened, I always said if they get me help I'll win, and if I don't don't blame anyone in this franchise but me to John Ireland when it was announced.

YoungOne
10-12-2012, 03:56 PM
Its pretty obvious that he is the biggest name in all of sports. Dude takes a s**t and people either love him or hate him for it. Either way people are still always talking about him and always will

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/interactive/2012/jul/31/london-2012-most-popular-athletes

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/810510-2011s-top-ten-most-popular-athletes-in-the-world/page/2

not even close :D
maybe you take a look beyond the frontier of your country...

ink
10-12-2012, 03:57 PM
So it would be more credible if people just did what you did.

I see. So I guess you are going to stop trying to convince me that the world doesn't revolve around you?

Again, this ends up being a personal attack and it's off topic.

I'm not condoning what he's doing, I'm saying I don't care. He could be the biggest prick in the world for all I care. I love his winning attitude and his commitment to the game, and I love that he puts banners in the rafters.

Lol be critical of these guys when they deserve it? Unless it's Michael Jordan, Magic Johnson, Wilt, or Smush Parker.

Logical fallacies for 200 Alex!

The “They’re Just as Bad” Excuse

The mongrel offspring of The Golden Rationalization and the Bible-based dodges a bit farther down the list, the “They’re Just as Bad” Excuse is both a rationalization and a distraction. As a rationalization, it posits the absurd argument that because there is other wrongdoing by others that is similar, as bad or worse than the unethical conduct under examination, the wrongdoer’s conduct shouldn’t be criticized or noticed. As a distraction, the excuse is a pathetic attempt to focus a critic’s attention elsewhere, by shouting, “Never mind me! Why aren’t you going after those guys?”

http://ethicsalarms.com/rule-book/unethical-rationalizations-and-misconceptions/

ink
10-12-2012, 04:06 PM

So? He's not entitled, contract or no contract, to be surrounded with stars like he is. He's simply lucky. It's ludicrous to say that by contract he demands stars around him. That's exactly what entitlement IS! lol.

He didn't denigrate a teammate.

He devalued Nash's MVP by saying he did better with less. As someone correctly pointed out, Nash was MVP, Kobe won the scoring title. Nash won without Amare that year. Kobe came 4th in the voting. A little humility goes a long way Kobe.

Like I said we can never know what he feels like not being able to compete those years when he was at his best. And don';t give me the lots of players jazz. Lots of players have played with great talent. BArkely, Nash, Dirk (more than one ring should happen), and many more have been on stacked teams and not won and did their job when they should have.

Kobe can't get over one year of not being surrounded by superstars. Come on. Suck it up Kobester! :clap:

LoveMeOrHateMe
10-12-2012, 04:08 PM
lol no

Who is then? Lol celtics fans

Kashmir13579
10-12-2012, 04:14 PM
Kobe Bryant is a horrible person.

LoveMeOrHateMe
10-12-2012, 04:16 PM
http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/interactive/2012/jul/31/london-2012-most-popular-athletes

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/810510-2011s-top-ten-most-popular-athletes-in-the-world/page/2

not even close :D
maybe you take a look beyond the frontier of your country...

So you're gonna tell me that by looking at a site and then bleacher report which isn't credible at all, should believe they are more popular then Kobe? Lol

Do you really think Michael phelps lotche Beckman are more known around the world then Kobe and since when did Lebron James become as popular as Kobe outside the states lol?

For god sakes during the Olympics a player from the other team went up to Kobe and asked him for an autograph on his shoes he Didnt look for Lebron or Durant but Kobe.... Anyone who thinks otherwise doesn't know what they are talking about!only in the US is Lebron maybe more popular then Kobe

Steelers23_06
10-12-2012, 04:17 PM
he is saying the same thing everyone on here is saying as far as MVP trophy but the whole dont talk to me stuff is out of line. but noone can deny that was a horrible team. i just think its too harsh for Kobe too say it publicly but yea smush is a bum, u can try to defend him by using his numbers but i feel like a few of my fellow PSD posters could put up those numbers in 33 MPG, especially with everyone doubling the man avg 35 ppg lol. there is a reason he was out of the NBA by the age of 27. thats is when most players were at their peak and at his peak he wasnt worth any team giving him a shot...not good. if your starting kwame brown, smush parker and chris mihm your prob not gonna get any hardware once the 82 games are up whether its a ring, MVP, or finals trophy.

LoveMeOrHateMe
10-12-2012, 04:18 PM
Kobe Bryant is a horrible person.

And you're an even worse person for saying that when you don't even know the guy

Kashmir13579
10-12-2012, 04:27 PM
And you're an even worse person for saying that when you don't even know the guy

I know the Kobe Bryant that he has allowed the public to know. And that Kobe is a horrible person.

BigCityofDreams
10-12-2012, 04:30 PM

All the Buss family admit they sold Kobe on a piece being added to him, Caron, and Lamar to re-sign in a time window that they far exceeded. They all admit that Kobe willingly sat down with Phil when they broguht them back and they let those two air every grievance they had from years past and never said to one another.

He didn't denigrate a teammate. Nash is great. Kobe has spent the majority of camp talking about how great Nash is despite the 7 seconds or less book knocking Kobe, Lamar, Phil, and the LAkers from the Suns perspective.

He said what was honest in his feelings. HE got a load of **** that wasn't even in the league without him anymore and everyone but LO isn't even a rotation player without him those two years. He got yanked around by the FO and wasted valuable years. That isn't entitlement, that is competitiveness that he could never quench. LA made mroe selling the Kobe solo show than 3 peat teams revenue wise, they had the money, they even had multiple deals but didn't want to foot the bill and it eats at him which he has never hid that they didn't even try to bring capable players.

His words to SAS were that he got tired of going to El Segundo and seeing the only other two there early and staying late were Odom and Walton along with himself and the coaches those years. It frustrated him.

And to be fair, Kwame was called a ***** by MJ andn Collins for his years there and it is documented that that is what the guys referred to him as. They damaged the kid to the point Kobe admits Kwame once told him "don't pass me the ball late please even if I'm open" and Kobe also stood up for Kwame when Staples booed him out the building and told the fans don't come.

Like I said we can never know what he feels like not being able to compete those years when he was at his best. And don';t give me the lots of players jazz. Lots of players have played with great talent. BArkely, Nash, Dirk (more than one ring should happen), and many more have been on stacked teams and not won and did their job when they should have. The fact is Kobe's won with expectations because of said ego. ITs that same ego that led him to say when the PAu trade happened, I always said if they get me help I'll win, and if I don't don't blame anyone in this franchise but me to John Ireland when it was announced.

You have to love the double standard. Kobe tells Smush don't talk to me and the reaction is "Kobe is a jerk" Jordan calls Kwame a derogatory term and the reaction is "*shrug shoulders* Ahhhh he's not a bad guy"

dh144498
10-12-2012, 04:36 PM
You have to love the double standard. Kobe tells Smush don't talk to me and the reaction is "Kobe is a jerk" Jordan calls Kwame a derogatory term and the reaction is "*shrug shoulders* Ahhhh he's not a bad guy"

this. People with their agendas.

whitemamba33
10-12-2012, 04:41 PM
Whether you want to believe it or not is irrelevant. I'm not trying to persuade you(I know better), I'm just giving you the facts about how many feel about him and rightfully so. He's come off as an extrememly ego-maniacal individual in many instances during his career, in the past (sorry for not emphasizing the "past", because now I have no issues with him really especially after witnessing Shaq's departure from Miami.)

Bottom line, there was no need for Kobe for fire back like he did at Smush. Fact. Smush is not worth the trouble. It's made him the "great" player he is, but it's also earned him a negative label as a person. No way around that. It comes with the territory.

There is no need for a LOT of things that go on in the NBA. LeBron didn't have to take his "decision" to national telelvision. Shaq doesn't need to constantly throw lines at Dwight. Kevin Love doesn't need to proclaim himself as the best at his position. Jason Terry doesn't need to guarentee a title win for Boston. Carmelo Anthony doesn't need to hold his team hostage in order to get to the Knicks.

Out of all those, is Kobe responding to an ex-teammate who was talking trash REALLy that bad? I'm not saying he acted in an ideal manner...but come on now. Trash is said in these forums a million times a day. Why are we expecting an NBA player to be better than ourselves? Because they are good at basketball? Charles: "I am not a role model".

And this hasn't been mentioned yet, but it's not like Kobe went out of his way to respond. He was asked about it. From what I saw it looked like he was asked who the worst player was, and he answered.

whitemamba33
10-12-2012, 04:42 PM
I know the Kobe Bryant that he has allowed the public to know. And that Kobe is a horrible person.

And that's enough for you?

That's sad.

ink
10-12-2012, 04:52 PM
And that's enough for you?

That's sad.

He said THAT Kobe Bryant. The one Kobe makes public. That's fair game. Kobe's not a rookie and he knows his rep.

How can anyone expect to know any more than what the athlete lets us see?

To be fair, not all of the public KB is so horrible. Just the moments like this.

ink
10-12-2012, 04:55 PM
There is no need for a LOT of things that go on in the NBA. LeBron didn't have to take his "decision" to national telelvision. Shaq doesn't need to constantly throw lines at Dwight. Kevin Love doesn't need to proclaim himself as the best at his position. Jason Terry doesn't need to guarentee a title win for Boston. Carmelo Anthony doesn't need to hold his team hostage in order to get to the Knicks.

You don't get the "they're just as bad" logical fallacy do you? Whether you can find others "just as bad" or not doesn't change what Kobe said or did. It doesn't distract away from or mitigate his behaviour.

LAKERMANIA
10-12-2012, 04:56 PM

Agreed.
Parker was not a great player but he was far from being the worst player or pg in the league. 12 / 3 / 4apg / 2spg on 55%TS are more then respectable numbers for a roleplayer type PG and he was a decent defender also.

:laugh2:

whitemamba33
10-12-2012, 05:02 PM
You don't get the "they're just as bad" logical fallacy do you? Whether you can find others "just as bad" or not doesn't change what Kobe said or did. It doesn't distract away from or mitigate his behaviour.

I absolutely "get it"...

And if I hadn't, I would have had a prime example when you went on about how many players in the league sleep around when we were talking about Magic.

But lets do things your way. You want me to ignore all the other egomaniacs in the NBA and just focus on the parcitular situation at hand: Smush talked trash. Someone asked Kobe who he thought was the worst player in the league. Kobe answered and said Smush, and talked a little trash.

To me, doesn't sound that bad. We all talk trash here. I talk trash with my friends. I'm sure you do as well, assuming...

To you, Kobe missed out on an opportunity to "change the culture overnight". This was a significant event, and he needs to correct faults like this in order to get people to like him. Also, he should care if people like him or not.

I disagree with you, you disagree with me.

There, we did things your way.

whitemamba33
10-12-2012, 05:04 PM
He said THAT Kobe Bryant. The one Kobe makes public. That's fair game. Kobe's not a rookie and he knows his rep.

How can anyone expect to know any more than what the athlete lets us see?

To be fair, not all of the public KB is so horrible. Just the moments like this.

It's fair game, but is it enough to generate an opinion on someone as a person?

Not to me. And in my opinion, getting my personal information about someone from the media is a terrible idea.

But you do as you please. Somebody has to keep the gossip magazines going.

LakersSaintsLSU
10-12-2012, 05:04 PM

Agreed.

Dude you ride and hate kobe more then those morons in colorado...now you should get a "I envy KOBE" tramp stamp. Im glad he dissed that BUM all lakers fans are

BigCityofDreams
10-12-2012, 05:07 PM
Dude you ride and hate kobe more then those morons in colorado...now you should get a "I envy KOBE" tramp stamp. Im glad he dissed that BUM all lakers fans are

lol Kobe haters talk more about Kobe than Laker fans. How many recent Kobe threads were actually created by Laker fans? Hell how many LA fans have commented in those threads?

ink
10-12-2012, 05:07 PM
You want me to ignore all the other egomaniacs in the NBA and just focus on the parcitular situation at hand: Smush talked trash. Someone asked Kobe who he thought was the worst player in the league. Kobe answered and said Smush, and talked a little trash.

He should be above it. What is he slumming with Smush Parker for for godssakes??

To me, doesn't sound that bad. We all talk trash here. I talk trash with my friends. I'm sure you do as well, assuming...

:rolleyes:

To you, Kobe missed out on an opportunity to "change the culture overnight". This was a significant event, and he needs to correct faults like this in order to get people to like him. Also, he should care if people like him or not.

I disagree with you, you disagree with me.

There, we did things your way.

Reason is a ***** isn't it? lol.

btw, I don't care if he cares if people like him or not. That wouldn't be the motivator. Another strawman. I admire the leadership Kobe has shown since 2004; this is a relapse.