PDA

View Full Version : Solution for Royce White?

JasonJohnHorn
10-11-2012, 06:32 PM
As somebody who suffers from depression and has had anxiety attacks, I empathize with Royce White and he has become my new favorite player. I'm hoping he overcomes his issue and becomes one of the best players. I also feel bad for him over how he has been emasculated by a number of fans who fail to understand how mental illnesses are just like any other illness, and just because one has a fear of flying, for example, does not make them less of a man. Take B. A. Baracus for example, he was the toughest SOB on the A-Team and he had a fear of flying. So with that in mind, I think I came up with a solution for White's feat of flying. The Rockets should take a page out of the A-Team's playbook: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zgQGfBOnh8

CB29
10-11-2012, 06:39 PM
I remember Jeff O'Neil on the Toronto Maple Leafs had the same problem... He was a pretty decent player too.. Forced to retire for same reason.

JasonJohnHorn
10-11-2012, 06:43 PM
I remember Jeff O'Neil on the Toronto Maple Leafs had the same problem... He was a pretty decent player too.. Forced to retire for same reason.

That's too bad... I'm really pulling to Royce White... I hope he overcomes this and turns into a special player that can bring attention to this type of condition and be a positive role model for young people who suffer from it.

beasted86
10-11-2012, 07:22 PM
Wish him the best of luck, and I don't have anything against people with metal illness or any other time of disability. You are also totally right that anyone who wishes for him to fail is a tool.

But as far as teams, GMs, Etc.... They knew what they were getting themselves into so I don't feel bad for the Rockets or any other team who waste their money/draft pick him knowing the risks and limitations and will have to go to extreme lengths to cater to him. Its like hiring a 400 pound person to be an acrobat in the circus, like hiring a blind person to drive a city bus, like hiring a person with an eating disorder to be a food critic. Those analogies may seem really insensitive, but they are equally absurd comparisons.

fadedmario
10-11-2012, 07:43 PM
Come to Detroit.

All our division teams are within driving distance.

We'll give the Rockets Austin Daye.

Gram
10-11-2012, 11:30 PM
Come to Detroit.

All our division teams are within driving distance.

We'll give the Rockets Austin Daye.

:)

P Harvy
10-11-2012, 11:35 PM
Royce needs to just smoke a little buddha or take a xanax before flights and he should be chilling

Corey
10-12-2012, 12:29 AM
Royce needs to just smoke a little buddha or take a xanax before flights and he should be chilling

If it were that easy, he would be.

It's not.

N3TS
10-12-2012, 02:03 AM
He's a good kid. It's not like he's a trouble maker or anything, he has a mental illness and I think people have to be just as understanding as they would to any other normal individual, just because he's a pro basketball player doesn't mean he isn't vulnerable to illness or other things.

Lakers4life08
10-12-2012, 02:13 AM
Solution for him go to europe,he can travel with his bus to all road games ,level in europe is joke,he will be big star,and don't need to travel with plane

Cromedome
10-12-2012, 03:10 AM
He should stay away until he works out his problems. Clearly he's not ready.

P Harvy
10-12-2012, 03:16 AM
Solution for him go to europe,he can travel with his bus to all road games ,level in europe is joke,he will be big star,and don't need to travel with plane

This is actually a really good idea haha. I'm sure he could get some big money too because he probably would dominate.