PDA

View Full Version : Kobe throws former teammates under the Bus

dnewguy
10-11-2012, 04:06 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/kobe-bryant-calls-ex-teammate-smush-parker-worst-132154424--nba.html

This is becoming of a character issue for Kobe, first he tells cops that Shaq have concubines and pay them off, now he's calling out his former teammates. Every superstar have played with a scrub before, I can't recall Wade calling out Chris Quinn or Shaq calling out Ricky Davis.

Do you agree with what Kobe said or should he have let the past go.

Hawkeye15
10-11-2012, 04:13 PM
Of course he should let it go, that is selfish of him to say these things. Even if he is somewhat right, you don't do this. I can't stand when athletes dump on their ex-teammates. It shows how difficult some of these athletes are to get along with.

jerellh528
10-11-2012, 04:17 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/kobe-bryant-calls-ex-teammate-smush-parker-worst-132154424--nba.html

This is becoming of a character issue for Kobe, first he tells cops that Shaq have concubines and pay them off, now he's calling out his former teammates. Every superstar have played with a scrub before, I can't recall Wade calling out Chris Quinn or Shaq calling out Ricky Davis.

There is already a thread on this is the laker forum.

ChicagoJ
10-11-2012, 04:20 PM
Kobe probably needs to learn to keep his mouth shut a bit more. I like kobe, but it isn't necessary to disrespect a guy like that. At least learn how to get your point across with class.

bholly
10-11-2012, 04:21 PM
Sucks for Smush, and it really is a dick move for Kobe to say things like that...but from a fan's point of view I'm sort of glad he's a dick and says these things - it's good to just hear honesty about these things for once.

LongIslandIcedZ
10-11-2012, 04:22 PM
Not the most morally sound thing to say, but he's right.

I just love Kobe's attitude as a basketball player.

JasonJohnHorn
10-11-2012, 04:23 PM
I've heard him go on a rant like this before... he's been very critical of Brown in the past as well... and we all remember the video where he was going on about how LAL should trade "his [Bynum] @$$"... for Kidd

Man... if only LAL had listened to him... then he would have had Jason Kidd on his team? lol

It's funny what players think the front office should do sometimes.... if players always go their way... they'd have career like McGrady...

It's like when the Bulls drafted Horace Grant and Scottie Pippen... Jordan was furious... he had apparently wanted them to draft Joe Wolf... I'm pretty sure the Bulls were better off drafting Pippen and Grant... just saying.... and look at what Jordan has done since he became part of the front office... Kwambe Brown and Adam Morrison....

Kobe was right.. that roster was awful... but let's face is, Mihm and Parker and Brown wouldn't have been there at all if they didn't have talent. They weren't as good as most in the league, but they were good enough to be in the NBA. They had their best seasons with Kobe and didn't do much before or after, but they were good enough to be in the NBA, otherwise they wouldn't have been there. They just weren't good enough to warrant giving the kind of minutes they were being given.

LBJ had to play with some bad Cleveland rosters... Magic had to work with Kurt Rambis... I mean, Magic won championships with Kurt Rambis... never heard him diss the guy, though Rambis was clearly not as talented as many players in the NBA.

Jordan played on some pretty bad rosters as well.... don't remember him going off like this... I don't think this is cool... he's beating a dead horse to be frank... and those guys worked really hard to get the opprotunities they got, even if they weren't as good as Kobe wanted them to be.

Kobe is an @$$

jerellh528
10-11-2012, 04:25 PM
Kobe probably needs to learn to keep his mouth shut a bit more. I like kobe, but it isn't necessary to disrespect a guy like that. At least learn how to get your point across with class.

everyone says things like this acting like they are the perfect person in every situation..he was joking around and im sure kobe has lots of class.

AI
10-11-2012, 04:54 PM
You guys are just noticing that Kobe is a *****?

ink
10-11-2012, 04:55 PM
Of course he should let it go, that is selfish of him to say these things. Even if he is somewhat right, you don't do this. I can't stand when athletes dump on their ex-teammates. It shows how difficult some of these athletes are to get along with.

Pretty disappointing on Kobe's part. Maybe he really hasn't changed that much after all. We all know Smush was bad but it's beneath any leader to blame his ex-teammates.

hugepatsfan
10-11-2012, 04:56 PM
What a dick move.

Andrew32
10-11-2012, 04:57 PM
Kobe is being a whiny an insecure douche.

#1. Wade and Dirk were better players then him in 06 so he didn't deserve MVP regardless of his supporting cast.

#2. Guys like T-Mac and Wade had worse supporting casts then Kobe had in 06 during their best years and you don't hear them complaining about it.

It's like he expects us to feel bad for him that he had to deal with non-stacked casts for 1-2 years when career wise he is BY FAR the luckiest player ever in terms of supporting casts and circumstances.

:facepalm:

Green Storm
10-11-2012, 04:58 PM
You guys are ridiculous. After all the **** Smush has talked about Kobe, Kobe somehow isn't allowed to talk **** back because he is good. LMFAO

Andrew32
10-11-2012, 04:59 PM
You guys are ridiculous. After all the **** Smush has talked about Kobe, Kobe somehow isn't allowed to talk **** back because he is good. LMFAO
I can kind of understand your point even though not letting it go is immature.

However what did Brown and Mihm ever say about Kobe?
Those two guys may have just been average/decent roleplayers but they played hard and did their best for LAL.

Kobe has no reason to dump on them.
It's immature and childish especially considering the success he had since then.

Green Storm
10-11-2012, 05:01 PM

Those two guys may have just been average/decent roleplayers but they played hard and did their best for LAL.

It's immature and childish especially considering the success he had since then.

Have you ever talked **** about somebody you didn't like?

Jenceman
10-11-2012, 05:03 PM
Mihm played hard. Smush and Kwame hardly showed effort.

I like Chris Mihm, but Smush and Kwame were downright terrible and hardly ever showed any effort.

AddiX
10-11-2012, 05:03 PM
Who's Kobe trying to lie to acting like he didn't love shooting 45 times a game?

Andrew32
10-11-2012, 05:05 PM
I like Chris Mihm, but Smush and Kwame were downright terrible and hardly ever showed any effort.

Kwame played hard and was a pretty good defender.
Offensively he just had bad/nervous hands which made him suck on that end but that really wasn't because of a lack of effort.

Smush wasn't "that bad" in 06.
He was far from the worst PG in the league that year.

Considering he was like 9th in steals I am sure he put forth some effort and I remember him playing decent defense.
His line 13 / 4apg on 55%TS or something wasn't that bad really.

People put him down unfairly due to his beef with Kobe.
He was not a good player and he choked in the playoffs but he was far from the worst player or pg in the league.

D12 fan
10-11-2012, 05:05 PM
Kobe is a boss.

Green Storm
10-11-2012, 05:06 PM
Who's Kobe trying to lie to acting like he didn't love shooting 45 times a game?

I'm sure Kobe didn't hate shooting the ball 45 times but I am sure he'd rather have played with more than 1 competent basketball player (Lamar Odom).

Max.This
10-11-2012, 05:07 PM

He wasn't just talking **** about smush. He was calling out half his team in 05-06 by their names. He flat out indirectly said he had to shoot 45 times a games because his team sucked.

Green Storm
10-11-2012, 05:10 PM
Has anybody every talked **** about how there coworkers were incompetent?

koreancabbage
10-11-2012, 05:10 PM

after they were fired.

NYYCowboys
10-11-2012, 05:14 PM
Ricky Davis was not a scrub!

Andrew32
10-11-2012, 05:15 PM
Ricky Davis was not a scrub!

No he was not.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MezCclCSjNw

Stop the video at 29 seconds cause it gets weird after that.

Jenceman
10-11-2012, 06:37 PM
Offensively he just had bad/nervous hands which made him suck on that end but that really wasn't because of a lack of effort.

Considering he was like 9th in steals I am sure he put forth some effort and I remember him playing decent defense.

He was not a good player and he choked in the playoffs but he was far from the worst player or pg in the league.

Why do you think Kwame's problems lingered so much? He didn't put in any effort.

And Smush was almost a physical specimen at the PG position. He should have been far better.

That's all an effort thing. And yeah I realize Smush wasn't terrible in 06. Hell he was probably league average. I even defended him in the lakers forum. But I understand Kobe's frustration.

Avenged
10-11-2012, 06:40 PM
Apparently you guys aren't aware of the crap Smush has talked.

ink
10-11-2012, 07:01 PM

To the media??? lol.

Hawkeye15
10-11-2012, 07:02 PM

He is allowed to say and do whatever he wants. He will then be judged by the masses. When you are in a position like Kobe's, ala, one of the games greatest, you need to be above the petty b.s. that someone like Smush Parker is. Kobe acted like a spoiled child during those down years, and as much as his fans defend him, he has done some really douche things over the years regarding his teammates.

Hawkeye15
10-11-2012, 07:04 PM

Sure. Would I do it in front of a reporter, or in front of a camera?

Hell no. In fact, if you talk **** behind someones back, you are being weak. If you have that big of a problem with a person, let them know or stfu.

Hawkeye15
10-11-2012, 07:05 PM
I'm sure Kobe didn't hate shooting the ball 45 times but I am sure he'd rather have played with more than 1 competent basketball player (Lamar Odom).

So? So does every star. Uh, Kobe, you helped run Shaq out of town, remember? Remember those rosters you played with that helped you win 3 chips? During that so called down time in his career (missed the playoffs 1 time in 16 seasons, boo hoo...), Kobe was an absolute child. Most players would give their left nut for the situation he walked into.

Hawkeye15
10-11-2012, 07:07 PM

nobody cares about Smush. When you are in a position of power, or importance, you are, and should be held to a higher standard.

popo85
10-11-2012, 07:09 PM
Meh it's Smush

LoveMeOrHateMe
10-11-2012, 07:11 PM
Kobe is being a whiny an insecure douche.

#1. Wade and Dirk were better players then him in 06 so he didn't deserve MVP regardless of his supporting cast.

#2. Guys like T-Mac and Wade had worse supporting casts then Kobe had in 06 during their best years and you don't hear them complaining about it.

It's like he expects us to feel bad for him that he had to deal with non-stacked casts for 1-2 years when career wise he is BY FAR the luckiest player ever in terms of supporting casts and circumstances.

:facepalm:

And your not a Kobe hater?

So your telling me Tmac had worst teams then Kobe's during his best years? Child please
Dirk and wade better then Kobe in 06' gtfo!

LoveMeOrHateMe
10-11-2012, 07:14 PM
So? So does every star. Uh, Kobe, you helped run Shaq out of town, remember? Remember those rosters you played with that helped you win 3 chips? During that so called down time in his career (missed the playoffs 1 time in 16 seasons, boo hoo...), Kobe was an absolute child. Most players would give their left nut for the situation he walked into.

You act like Kobe is the only one who started off on a stacked team? Smh double standards

RaiderLakersA's
What, no one is spinning this into a BRILLIANT gorilla marketing ploy by Smush Parker to keep his name in the headlines and remain relevant even though he has retired from the game??? Damn it, PSD posters, you're slipping! :D

Hawkeye15
And your not a Kobe hater?

So your telling me Tmac had worst teams then Kobe's during his best years? Child please
Dirk and wade better then Kobe in 06' gtfo!

Wait, are you attempting to say that McGrady had anywhere near the help Kobe did back when they were both elite?

In 06', Dirk was better without a doubt.

Lakerhead4ever
Kobe says what most players don't because their scared of what people think of them. That's the difference. He doesn't care what people say of think or feel about him. That's what fuels him.

I think Lebron is just starting to realize that after everything he's been through. He speaks his mind though, and Im starting to respect him for that

Sports players being politically correct ALL the time is boring. I personally what to hear players real emotion.

jbeezy
10-11-2012, 07:15 PM
Kobe is as cold as a mother****ing snake. He is the black mamba. Also like the article said, Smush has been talking **** about Kobe for a while and Brown is so worthless its not even funny.

More-Than-Most
Why is it so hard to just shut the **** up and play the game you are paid to play?

Hawkeye15
What, no one is spinning this into a BRILLIANT gorilla marketing ploy by Smush Parker to keep his name in the headlines and remain relevant even though he has retired from the game??? Damn it, PSD posters, you're slipping! :D

hahahahaha, winner!

That damn Smush is so smart :p

Hawkeye15
Kobe says what most players don't because their scared of what people think of him. That's the difference. He doesn't care what people say of think or feel about him. That's what fuels him.

I think Lebron is just starting to realize that after everything he's been through. He speaks his mind though, and Im starting to respect him for that

Sports players being politically correct ALL the time is boring. I personally what to hear players real emotion.

so you loved you some Chuck Barkley.........

DR_1
10-11-2012, 07:58 PM
I don't think calling Smush out was a d-bag move, the article said Smush has been taking shots at him forever. But Kobe really could have avoided this situation entirely. :pity:

ink
10-11-2012, 08:20 PM
nobody cares about Smush. When you are in a position of power, or importance, you are, and should be held to a higher standard.

Bingo.

ink
10-11-2012, 08:27 PM
Kobe says what most players don't because their scared of what people think of them. That's the difference. He doesn't care what people say of think or feel about him. That's what fuels him.

Spare me please. If they want to play with emotion, fine. But don't tell me their "emotion" off the court is worth anything at all. It's usually garbage.

It has nothing to do with political correctness. It's about being a decent human being and teammate, and some players never seem to learn.

Sure Smush might be a ******* but so what?

I don't watch soap operas. Do you?

TmacBryant
10-11-2012, 08:30 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=7adyWRtWoFM

these are just one of many videos.

E.O.21
10-11-2012, 08:31 PM
He sounds very pathetic

ink
10-11-2012, 08:36 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=7adyWRtWoFM

these are just one of many videos.

By the sounds of what he said to Nash about the MVP year, Kobe must have been a brutal teammate. And I don't mean brutal in the sense that he was tough and inspiring. I mean brutal as a person. It's a shame how he keeps digging himself deeper.

shep33
10-11-2012, 08:38 PM
Bad thing to say by Kobe, but like I said in the other thread, this all started when Smush threw Kobe under the bus on an internet video. Saying "all the problems in LA started and ended with him".

People saying Kobe is a bad teammate are off. We completely negate the vast number of other players who have said great things about Kobe... Pau, Metta, Lamar, Caron Butler, Bynum etc.

ldawg
10-11-2012, 08:49 PM
Kobe is right **** them. they were ****ing suck no way to sugar coat sucking at its best. Parker is out the NBA and Brown has been a bust with brick hands. Only a punk wont speak his mind. He is keeping it real they suck.

SteBO
10-11-2012, 08:50 PM
Bad thing to say by Kobe, but like I said in the other thread, this all started when Smush threw Kobe under the bus on an internet video. Saying "all the problems in LA started and ended with him".

People saying Kobe is a bad teammate are off. We completely negate the vast number of other players who have said great things about Kobe... Pau, Metta, Lamar, Caron Butler, Bynum etc.
Agree to an extent. Getting on one player for being critical or dismissive and turn around to excuse the others is hypocritical. I'd be the first to say that what Kobe said was arguably one of the most ego-maniacal things I've ever heard one human being say. But let's face it, what Kobe had to play with those years was absolutely comical.

Kobe did what he could, and he's just a super competitive player to a level we arguably hadn't seen since MJ.

But I must say though, it's easy for guys like Artest, Pau, and Lamar to say good things about Kobe since all they've done since they got there was win back to back championships. Everything is good when you're on top. Your true colors come out when you're at the bottom of the well, which is why Kobe gets labeled as a bad teammate and probably deservingly so. His attitude at times during those years was questionable.....

Im_in_Mia_bish
10-11-2012, 08:50 PM
wow.. this is why ppl root against kobe.

and laugh at any kobe slurpers that think he is a top 5 player.

KB-Pau-DH2012
10-11-2012, 08:51 PM
wow.. this is why ppl root against kobe.

and laugh at any kobe slurpers that think he is a top 5 player.

What he said about a teammate and his all-time rank are two totally different things.

What are you talking about? :laugh2:

ldawg
10-11-2012, 08:53 PM
Dont you guy speak your minds when you call him a ball hog? Well there you have the answer they were suck. Its common knowledge Parker and Brown suck bad. He is just telling the truth. What you want him to do lie?

shep33
10-11-2012, 08:53 PM
Agree to an extent. Getting on one player for being critical or dismissive and turn around to excuse the others is hypocritical. I'd be the first to say that what Kobe said was arguably one of the most ego-maniacal things I've ever heard one human being say. But let's face it, what Kobe had to play with those years was absolutely comical.

Kobe did what he could, and he's just a super competitive player to a level we arguably hadn't seen since MJ.

But I must say though, it's easy for guys like Artest, Pau, and Lamar to say good things about Kobe since all they've done since they got there was win back to back championships. Everything is good when you're on top. Your true colors come out when you're at the bottom of the well, which is why Kobe gets labeled as a bad teammate and probably deservingly so. His attitude at times during those years was questionable.....

I agree. It's a lot easier to like people when your winning. I wish Kobe never said this, it was pretty low, and I mean he should just get over it, regardless of who instigated the fight.

KB-Pau-DH2012
10-11-2012, 08:56 PM
Kobe is right **** them. they were ****ing suck no way to sugar coat sucking at its best. Parker is out the NBA and Brown has been a bust with brick hands. Only a punk wont speak his mind. He is keeping it real they suck.

Kwame never said one bad word about Kobe, so I wish Kobe stayed mum about Kwame.

Although it was a **** move by Kobe to comment on Smush as well, Smush is a dumbass so he had it coming. And plus, it was SMush was that dumb video where he was trashing Kobe.

ldawg
10-11-2012, 08:58 PM
Only a media dummy would think Kobe ran Shaq away. Read between the lines and you will see the real culprit. I like the fact that kobe kept it real. Any other way i would be insulted.

Im_in_Mia_bish
10-11-2012, 08:58 PM
What he said about a teammate and his all-time rank are two totally different things.

What are you talking about? :laugh2:

that by laker fans who defend kobe after this b**** move by kobe, get attacked by nba fans in general.

there's no defending him. thats a very pathetic move by him.

KB-Pau-DH2012
10-11-2012, 09:00 PM
that by laker fans who defend kobe after this b**** move by kobe, get attacked by nba fans in general.

there's no defending him. thats a very pathetic move by him.

I'm not defending him, check the other thread sir.

But your notion that he shouldn't be ranked as high in the all time rankings because of this comment is ludicrous.

If you want to talk about Kobe's all-time ranking, there's already a thread for that. Why bring that topic into here and mix 2 totally different things about Kobe together?

Gritz
10-11-2012, 09:01 PM
Kobe's a gangsta

Im_in_Mia_bish
10-11-2012, 09:02 PM
I'm not defending him, check the other thread sir.

But your notion that he shouldn't be ranked as high in the all time rankings because of this comment is ludicrous.

If you want to talk about Kobe's all-time ranking, there's already a thread for that. Why bring that topic into here and mix 2 totally different things about Kobe together?

i was talking about top 5 currently.

if youre not defending him, than thats good im glad youre not delusional.

KB-Pau-DH2012
10-11-2012, 09:03 PM
i was talking about top 5 currently.

if youre not defending him, than thats good im glad youre not delusional.

Nah, it was a **** move by Kobe. There's really no need to bring up the past with Nash pertaining to MVPs when at this stage of their careers, all that matters is #17.

ldawg
10-11-2012, 09:04 PM
Kwame never said one bad word about Kobe, so I wish Kobe stayed mum about Kwame.

Although it was a **** move by Kobe to comment on Smush as well, Smush is a dumbass so he had it coming. And plus, it was SMush was that dumb video where he was trashing Kobe.Dude Kobe may have told Brown he suck and they both laugh about it. He is only telling the truth. What he said is not as bad as people making it out to be. La fan booed Kwame out of town.

KB-Pau-DH2012
10-11-2012, 09:07 PM
Dude Kobe may have told Brown he suck and they both laugh about it. He is only telling the truth. What he said is not as bad as people making it out to be. La fan booed Kwame out of town.

Mentioning Kwame or even bringing up the MVP thing about Nash was unnecessary. Even if he did joke about the MVP thing with Nash in person, no need to bring that **** out to the media and re-iterate and make it known to the world of his private conversations.

Kobe is a brilliant guy, but sometimes, even he has public brain fart PR-Disaster LeBron James moments.

ink
10-11-2012, 09:07 PM

Great post. Couldn't agree more.

ldawg
10-11-2012, 09:08 PM
Everyone in here is calling kobe a bi@#ch yet he cant call out a bit@$ch.

ldawg
10-11-2012, 09:11 PM
This is why i like kobe he dont give a f#%$k.

ink
10-11-2012, 09:11 PM
Dude Kobe may have told Brown he suck and they both laugh about it. He is only telling the truth. What he said is not as bad as people making it out to be. La fan booed Kwame out of town.

You know, maybe it's just me, but I want a guy who wants to be the greatest in the NBA to have a little more class than the average booing fan.

But maybe that's just me.

ldawg
10-11-2012, 09:13 PM
Not a darn thing wrong with what Kobe said.

ldawg
10-11-2012, 09:14 PM
You know, maybe it's just me, but I want a guy who wants to be the greatest in the NBA to have a little more class than the average booing fan.

But maybe that's just me.What the hell is class. We all equal

ink
10-11-2012, 09:14 PM
Not a darn thing wrong with what Kobe said.

Obviously an explanation would be pointless then wouldn't it?

ink
10-11-2012, 09:16 PM
What the hell is class. We all equal

Maybe that would be too hard to explain too.

KB-Pau-DH2012
10-11-2012, 09:16 PM
Another Kobe thread by a non-Kobe fan. :sigh:

ldawg
10-11-2012, 09:17 PM
Maybe that would be too hard to explain too.Yep

ldawg
10-11-2012, 09:18 PM
When i see Kobe i dont see a god all i see is another man thats it.

D2theJ
10-11-2012, 09:18 PM
He's a cocky piece of trash and always will be. Always hated him, stuff like this proves it. Shaq was better than you Kobe, and Lebron will be better than you when his careers over, can't wait til you retire and try to come back and get your *** kicked.

KB-Pau-DH2012
10-11-2012, 09:19 PM
He's a cocky piece of trash and always will be. Always hated him, stuff like this proves it. Shaq was better than you Kobe, and Lebron will be better than you when his careers over, can't wait til you retire and try to come back and get your *** kicked.

llullz

ldawg
10-11-2012, 09:21 PM
What Kobe said is not bad its your interpretation.

ldawg
10-11-2012, 09:26 PM
He's a cocky piece of trash and always will be. Always hated him, stuff like this proves it. Shaq was better than you Kobe, and Lebron will be better than you when his careers over, can't wait til you retire and try to come back and get your *** kicked.See look this is why i say dont give a **** there is always people like this. They are feed by the media. Take a look at this guy He dont know Shaq, dont know Kobe, Dont play in the NBA, Has zero reason to hate kobe but he does. He has no clue what happened in La. He may have Hate Lebron a few months ago and Hate Howard and loves Lopez now that he did not end up in Brooklyn. Get over it they suck, not a darn thing wrong with what he said. loosen up a little.

KB-Pau-DH2012
10-11-2012, 09:27 PM
ldawg, forget it man, just move on.

ThunderousDemon
10-11-2012, 09:32 PM

May I ask if perhaps you are mad?

ldawg
10-11-2012, 09:43 PM
May I ask if perhaps you are mad?you think? yeh he mad.

ThunderousDemon
10-11-2012, 09:47 PM

Of course you have to bring up wade in a Kobe thread,

LoveMeOrHateMe
10-11-2012, 09:58 PM
Wait, are you attempting to say that McGrady had anywhere near the help Kobe did back when they were both elite?

Why was he better? Because his team had a better record? Because I sure as hell didnt see him break records and average 35-5-5 that year

ldawg
10-11-2012, 10:03 PM
Kobe call out his teammates. really? Who has not call out Kobe? So what he call out a ex NBA looser and one of the biggest 1st round bust in history. Phill Jackson wrote a book. Shaq made a song, Parker made a youtube video. Who carse if he all out a few scrubs. Is he telling a lie? Are they his teammates or were? Who cares

ldawg
10-11-2012, 10:04 PM
Why was he better? Because his team had a better record? Because I sure as hell didnt see him break records and average 35-5-5 that yearBecause he is not Kobe. Like i said that is why i like Kobe dont give a flank. The dude really think their team would have beaten the dream team. I love him for that. He dont follow the path people want him to take. He wrote his own. If he was not like that he would be well Cater, Ai, tmac, Penny, Wade, Dirk, etc. Shaq thought Kobe would have just faded and got mad Phil returned to La. People see it as cocky and cant understand. That is not the way they were programmed so they hate. Lebron got a little taste of that when he went Florida. He also did not follow that path. Kobe over came alot he has been one of the hardest worker for years. My my has he entertain. But i so hope this fuel some more hate from other teams fans because i thought he was growing soft. glad to see he is back. Keep it real kobe nba players get call out all the time. Tell them turn their tv to Espn or Tnt. Shaq called out Howard a week ago. The last time i look none of those guys are Kobes teammates. Williams call out Stevenson no one said a darn thing.

ink
10-11-2012, 10:13 PM
Kobe call out his teammates. really? Who has not call out Kobe? So what he call out a ex NBA looser and one of the biggest 1st round bust in history. Phill Jackson wrote a book. Shaq made a song, Parker made a youtube video. Who carse if he all out a few scrubs. Is he telling a lie? Are they his teammates or were? Who cares

Anyone with a modicum (http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/modicum) of class.

Yes, class exists. But not the way you are attempting to skew it.

Class means dignity. You lose your dignity as an athlete when you throw your teammates under the bus.

Sad but true.

SINCESTARBURY25
10-11-2012, 10:15 PM
Even Stephon Marbury acted with more class than this LMFAO

amos1er
10-11-2012, 10:18 PM

Oh my...another gem. I would sig that one but I don't have anymore room and the ones I already have now are way better.

I do suggest that someone sig this one though. It's still pretty good.

No one ever said Smush was the worst pg in the league that year...we just said that he was the worst starting pg in the league that year. :D

albertc86
10-11-2012, 10:25 PM
This is an old story. Kobe said this the first year the Lakers acquired Pau. He's being honest and you have to respect that. He's saying what any superstar is thinking when their supporting cast sucks.

beliges
10-11-2012, 10:30 PM
Definitely a dick move but definitely true.

ldawg
10-11-2012, 10:30 PM
Anyone with a modicum (http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/modicum) of class.

Yes, class exists. But not the way you are attempting to skew it.

Class means dignity. You lose your dignity as an athlete when you throw your teammates under the bus.

Sad but true.Who gives a crap? they are no longer his teammates.

ldawg
10-11-2012, 10:33 PM
Williams call out Stevenson? Where is the hate thread. A little bias. They are not his teammates. We already know Parker hate Kobe so what if Kobe hate Parker after he made a Video.

bucketss
10-11-2012, 10:35 PM
stevenson actually deserved to be called out

Greedy22
10-11-2012, 10:36 PM
It's smush ****ing Parker, dude was a scrub

ldawg
10-11-2012, 10:38 PM
Definitely a dick move but definitely true.Is Parker a dick for making his Video or Shaq rap song? It kobe so the standards are different.

ldawg
10-11-2012, 10:40 PM
Oh i am Kobe i have class i aint going to say that. you know what i am a little *** i am not going to defend myself. I am your punching bag.

ink
10-11-2012, 10:44 PM
Who gives a crap? they are no longer his teammates.

I guess I can't explain this one to you either. :rolleyes:

ldawg
10-11-2012, 10:45 PM
stevenson actually deserved to be called outAnd Parker aint after his video. He lucky kobe did not sue him.

ldawg
10-11-2012, 10:45 PM
I guess I can't explain this one to you either. :rolleyes:dont try

ink
10-11-2012, 10:46 PM
Is Parker a dick for making his Video or Shaq rap song? It kobe so the standards are different.

When you wannabe the best so bad, yes the standards are different.

The sad thing is that Kobe is behaving like trash here. We expect it of Smush but hope for more from Kobe, especially after his history.

SeoulBeatz
10-11-2012, 10:47 PM
Kobe is a dbag, still respect the dudes game.

I'd be a dbag too if I were the best player since MJ.

ldawg
10-11-2012, 10:48 PM
no wonder the nba turn soft. some feelings got hurt over common knowledge.

ink
10-11-2012, 10:49 PM
Kobe is a dbag, still respect the dudes game.

I'd be a dbag too if I were the best player since MJ.

Shaq, Lebron, and Duncan question that.

Mind you, only one of those three isn't an a-hole. lol.

LakersMaster24
10-11-2012, 10:50 PM
So what? Its Smush ****ing Parker. Its the truth. Stop being little girls.

ldawg
10-11-2012, 10:57 PM
When you wannabe the best so bad, yes the standards are different.

The sad thing is that Kobe is behaving like trash here. We expect it of Smush but hope for more from Kobe, especially after his history.Oh so that made it right wtf. Like i said Kobe should do it it again because no mater what he does it wont matter. double standards is never right. All three of those guys are in the same boat. Kobe is the better and more accomplished player but they are all entertainers. If you dont like me i dont have to hold my tongue for you. I am not saying he is right but why does he got to give a **** for someone that does not like him. To be the bigger man?

PurpleJesus
10-11-2012, 10:57 PM
Keep talking **** about your former teammates Kobe, and see what kind of secrets surface about you.

#24 Lakerland
10-11-2012, 11:01 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7adyWRtWoFM&feature=youtu.be

Smush called him out in 2009, he deserved this.

whitesoxfan83
10-11-2012, 11:03 PM
"I almost won an MVP with Smush Parker and Kwame Brown on my team," Bryant said before Wednesday's 93-75 exhibition loss to Portland. "I was shooting 45 times a game. What was I supposed to do? Pass it to Chris Mihm or Kwame Brown?"
Bryant was referring to 2005-06 when the Lakers' roster included Brian Cook, Stanislav Medvedenko, Devean George and Parker, Mihm and Brown.
Bryant continued, taking aim at his favorite whipping boy, Parker, calling him "the worst. He shouldn't have been in the NBA but we were too cheap to pay for a point guard. So we let him walk on."

Everything he says here is truth... it's hilarious...

ldawg
10-11-2012, 11:05 PM
Keep talking **** about your former teammates Kobe, and see what kind of secrets surface about you.your to late sir. been there done that many times. Even coach wrote a book. next. Like i said he is only getting flap because Kobe has alot of haters. Williams did the same last week. These dudes have not been Kobe teammates for years. Even if Kobe said that about ben Wallace its not a dis he is not known for his offense but his defense. I dont even think Brown took that any way he is a 6.8 career shooter. **** he would agree with Kobe.

amos1er
10-11-2012, 11:07 PM
"I almost won an MVP with Smush Parker and Kwame Brown on my team," Bryant said before Wednesday's 93-75 exhibition loss to Portland. "I was shooting 45 times a game. What was I supposed to do? Pass it to Chris Mihm or Kwame Brown?"
Bryant was referring to 2005-06 when the Lakers' roster included Brian Cook, Stanislav Medvedenko, Devean George and Parker, Mihm and Brown.
Bryant continued, taking aim at his favorite whipping boy, Parker, calling him "the worst. He shouldn't have been in the NBA but we were too cheap to pay for a point guard. So we let him walk on."

Ouch!

That is pretty harsh. No need to bring Kwame and Mihm into the mix. Smush deserved it though for past **** talking.

KB-Pau-DH2012
10-11-2012, 11:09 PM
We should really have an Official Kobe Bryant Thread in the NBA Forum and just sticky that ****.

This is getting ridiculous, 2 or 3 new Kobe threads per day, majority of them aren't even by Laker fans.

ldawg
10-11-2012, 11:24 PM
Kwame hated Kobe too

blystr2002
10-11-2012, 11:44 PM
Smush has been going at Kobe for years. As Kobe says, he really is so horrible that it doesn't get the press. He should get a pass for going back at him. At this point, he is responding not starting the trash talk.

shep33
10-11-2012, 11:52 PM
Kwame hated Kobe too

MJ used to **** on Kwame too, and he drafted him lol.

Here was a hilarious story Kobe told about Kwame. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDePWJeWW9g

ink
10-11-2012, 11:58 PM
Oh so that made it right wtf. Like i said Kobe should do it it again because no mater what he does it wont matter. double standards is never right. All three of those guys are in the same boat. Kobe is the better and more accomplished player but they are all entertainers. If you dont like me i dont have to hold my tongue for you. I am not saying he is right but why does he got to give a **** for someone that does not like him. To be the bigger man?

If Kobe wants to behave like a guy who couldn't cut it in the NBA that's his choice.

shep33
10-12-2012, 12:11 AM
Yeah, I'm surprised Kobe would go there. Pretty stupid comment, but whatever. No big deal.

John Walls Era
10-12-2012, 12:17 AM

are we putting Smush anywhere near Kobe??? Hell no.

Idc tbh, but Kobe doesn't need to talk about scrubs.

championships
10-12-2012, 12:24 AM
You guys worry about this little girl drama garbage while I watch the Kobe and the Lakers lift their next championship trophy.

Nothing better than watching the Haters cringe. Much better than any smack talking.

You keep talking. I'll keep watching championships.

barreleffact
10-12-2012, 12:28 AM

Isn't that the same year Kobe outscored the entire mav team through 3 quarters? Yea, Dirk was better...

Hawkeye15
10-12-2012, 01:56 AM
Why was he better? Because his team had a better record? Because I sure as hell didnt see him break records and average 35-5-5 that year

cause he was better..

lakerboy
10-12-2012, 02:18 AM
This started because 2-3 years ago, Smush Parker dissed Kobe Bryant in some media outlet. Kobe then started trashing him..

lakerboy
10-12-2012, 02:20 AM
You know we're winning when all the haters are coming out =)

lakerboy
10-12-2012, 02:24 AM
cause he was better..

Kobe's going to win his 6TH this year :D:D:D

SirSkyHook
10-12-2012, 02:31 AM
Do people remember Smush first taking aim at Kobe when he left saying Kobe would never win another ring after he took the kid under his wing? It wasnt until after that did Kobe start blasting back. Some poster ar dumb. How many of you would just sit back and let a dude say what he wants about you to thousands and not fire back if given the same platform? I tired of poster playing the holier than thow card when they know damn well how they would act in the same situation.

basketfan4life
10-12-2012, 02:55 AM

1-Considering he was like 9th in steals I am sure he put forth some effort and I remember him playing decent defense.
2-His line 13 / 4apg on 55%TS or something wasn't that bad really.

1- he was one of the worst defenders this league has ever seen.
2- If these numbers shows he isn't that bad than these numbers mean nothing to me. He was one of the worst really.
Also i'm sure if it was another superstar you would say this numbers are the result of playing with that guy. But it's kobe so NOOO. Look at his numbers with Wade please, than we can talk.

About Kobe, what the hell are you trying to do Kobe ? This is freaking unnecessary, childish and immature.

naps
10-12-2012, 03:54 AM
Nothing new here. He's been a certified douche for years. Remember his comments on Bynum?

cbs9889
10-12-2012, 04:18 AM
people are so sensitive if you are not good then play harder. kobe is a winner i would talk trash too

AverageTy7
10-12-2012, 04:45 AM
I was completely fine with his shots at Smush, as its known they dont like each other and Smush has also talked trash. But why go at Chris Mihm and Kwame?

ink
10-12-2012, 04:47 AM
people are so sensitive if you are not good then play harder. kobe is a winner i would talk trash too

Sad that you equate winning with bad mouthing teammates. Why would you waste your time? Why would you lack discipline like that?

thenaj17
10-12-2012, 04:50 AM
Sucks for Smush, and it really is a dick move for Kobe to say things like that...but from a fan's point of view I'm sort of glad he's a dick and says these things - it's good to just hear honesty about these things for once.

Agreed. Bit of a dick to say these things but so what? You know other players have thought it and indirectly said these things dozens of times but have been muted by media friendly PR.

He's Kobe Bryant and earning $30m a year, what does he care?

thenaj17
10-12-2012, 04:55 AM
We should really have an Official Kobe Bryant Thread in the NBA Forum and just sticky that ****.

This is getting ridiculous, 2 or 3 new Kobe threads per day, majority of them aren't even by Laker fans.

They'll do anything to put him down and try and taint his legacy. People always hate the best when not on their own team

ink
10-12-2012, 05:02 AM
They'll do anything to put him down and try and taint his legacy. People always hate the best when not on their own team

I call BS on this.

People always attempt this excuse when they don't have anything better to say in defence of indefensible behaviour.

thenaj17
10-12-2012, 05:19 AM
Nah, it was a **** move by Kobe. There's really no need to bring up the past with Nash pertaining to MVPs when at this stage of their careers, all that matters is #17.

Kobe clearly didn't bring it up, the line of questioning in the interview led him to chatter about the MVPs, which obviously involved Nash and led onto talking about teammates.

thenaj17
10-12-2012, 05:30 AM
I call BS on this.

People always attempt this excuse when they don't have anything better to say in defence of indefensible behaviour.

I'm not defending the behaviour, i couldn't really care less. Kobe is a product, and i pay to watch that product on the court. I was ragging on the fact so many threads are created about Kobe by non Lakers/Kobe fans who will do absolutely anything to put him down. Why rag on Kobe over this and completely ignore Williams about Stevenson? Why did that not have a thread?

ink
10-12-2012, 05:39 AM
I'm not defending the behaviour, i couldn't really care less. Kobe is a product, and i pay to watch that product on the court. I was ragging on the fact so many threads are created about Kobe by non Lakers/Kobe fans who will do absolutely anything to put him down. Why rag on Kobe over this and completely ignore Williams about Stevenson? Why did that not have a thread?

Because Kobe is supposed to be a leader, not a follower. All Kobe has to do is look at his current PG to understand how a class act behaves.

R. Johnson#3
10-12-2012, 06:01 AM
Well, he is right but he should have kept it to himself.

ldawg
10-12-2012, 07:36 AM
I'm not defending the behaviour, i couldn't really care less. Kobe is a product, and i pay to watch that product on the court. I was ragging on the fact so many threads are created about Kobe by non Lakers/Kobe fans who will do absolutely anything to put him down. Why rag on Kobe over this and completely ignore Williams about Stevenson? Why did that not have a thread?thats my point. like i said f um. over a month we had Shaq, Ray Allen, Rhondo, Williams, Kobe. And the winner of hate goes to Kobe.

ldawg
10-12-2012, 07:45 AM
You all feel sorry for guys who worth millions and could careless what kobe says. You guys care more about what kobe says. Everyone got the right to **** on kobe. But how dear he **** back. f um

ldawg
10-12-2012, 07:47 AM
Did kobe say it with a straight face of he was smiling? loosen up. bunch of

Oldmantrash
10-12-2012, 08:03 AM
Kobe Bryant is one of the best basketball players in the world, has millions of dollars, is very intelligent, can speak multiple languages, and can get any women he wants, he could care less about anyone else in the world, but himself.

He's not a human being like we are, he doesn't care about people feelings, he's Kobe bryant.Not a good person at all, but there is no reason for him to care about that.

I'm not saying all people in his situation would be like this, but Kobe is, a lot of people would be.

thenaj17
10-12-2012, 08:53 AM
Kobe Bryant is one of the best basketball players in the world, has millions of dollars, is very intelligent, can speak multiple languages, and can get any women he wants, he could care less about anyone else in the world, but himself.

He's not a human being like we are, he doesn't care about people feelings, he's Kobe bryant.Not a good person at all, but there is no reason for him to care about that.

I'm not saying all people in his situation would be like this, but Kobe is, a lot of people would be.

You don't know him, none of us do. Just because someone does some questionable things that do-gooders don't approve of doesn't make him a bad person. He does lots of charitable things.

As if all the people on here have never put another human being down. You do it in here regularly so don't be hypocrites. Kobe didn't ask to be your role model so why the hell should he act like it. He doesn't approval from anyone.

YankeesR#2
10-12-2012, 09:10 AM
I'd like to know who these Kobe worshippers are. I suspect they are children playing with mom's computer. No real man would hero worship an admitted rapist.

http://www.healthy-dating.com/kobe_b...ss_release.htm

September 3, 2004 -- According to Associated Press reports this past Wednesday (September 1st), Kobe Bryant's attorneys released a statement from Kobe Bryant that included, "Although I truly believe this encounter between us was consensual, I recognize now that she did not and does not view this incident the same way I did” .....Later in the statement released by his attorneys, Bryant says, “I now understand how she feels that she did not consent to this encounter.”

Having sex with a woman who "did not consent to this encounter" is the definition of rape.

He not only raped a woman but when he was caught started puking all over everyone (Shaq pays off woman etc.).Then we are subject to scenes of Kobe playing with his young daughters as he tries to hide behind them to rebuild his image.

His pesonality disorder is what is behind this whole episode. Talking trash about someone who is on another continent fits him like a glove.

xcrisisx
10-12-2012, 09:18 AM
I'd like to know who these Kobe worshippers are. I suspect they are children playing with mom's computer. No real man would hero worship an admitted rapist.

http://www.healthy-dating.com/kobe_b...ss_release.htm

September 3, 2004 -- According to Associated Press reports this past Wednesday (September 1st), Kobe Bryant's attorneys released a statement from Kobe Bryant that included, "Although I truly believe this encounter between us was consensual, I recognize now that she did not and does not view this incident the same way I did” .....Later in the statement released by his attorneys, Bryant says, “I now understand how she feels that she did not consent to this encounter.”

Having sex with a woman who "did not consent to this encounter" is the definition of rape.

He not only raped a woman but when he was caught started puking all over everyone (Shaq pays off woman etc.).Then we are subject to scenes of Kobe playing with his young daughters as he tries to hide behind them to rebuild his image.

His pesonality disorder is what is behind this whole episode. Talking trash about someone who is on another continent fits him like a glove.

that's like 10 years ago...
get over with, everyone deserves a second change no?
I thought you americans were good christians...

HouRealCoach
10-12-2012, 09:27 AM
Kobe blaming his teammates just shows his immaturity

Player, Team 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th Total Pts
Steve Nash, Phoenix 57 32 20 8 6 924
LeBron James, Cleveland 16 41 33 23 7 688
Dirk Nowitzki, Dallas 14 22 25 36 17 544
Kobe Bryant, LA Lakers 22 11 18 22 30 483
Chauncey Billups, Detroit 15 13 22 18 25 430
Dwyane Wade, Miami - 3 4 9 19 87

He finished 4th... Can't blame his teammates because when he had better teammates he still didn't win except for the one when he didn't deserve where Chris Paul was clearly the MVP of that year

xcrisisx
10-12-2012, 09:35 AM
Kobe blaming his teammates just shows his immaturity

He finished 4th... Can't blame his teammates because when he had better teammates he still didn't win except for the one when he didn't deserve where Chris Paul was clearly the MVP of that year

you saying the best player of the number 7 seed in the conference should win mvp, while the best player of the number 2 seed overall ( 1 loss behind cavs) should not?
their stats were kinda the same, but cp3 had 5 more assists because he's a point guard, that's not enough to claim mvp as the number 12 seed overall
c'mon man:facepalm:

Slade123
10-12-2012, 09:49 AM

Of course we have...but not to the media.

bucketss
10-12-2012, 09:50 AM
you saying the best player of the number 7 seed in the conference should win mvp, while the best player of the number 2 seed overall ( 1 loss behind cavs) should not?
their stats were kinda the same, but cp3 had 5 more assists because he's a point guard, that's not enough to claim mvp as the number 12 seed overall
c'mon man:facepalm:

new orleans was the 2nd seed that year.

YankeesR#2
10-12-2012, 10:57 AM
that's like 10 years ago...
get over with, everyone deserves a second change no?
I thought you americans were good christians...

That may be 10 years using the metric system but around here it is only nine. There are hundreds if not thousands of men who have committed rape before July 1, 2003 who are still in prison because they didn't have Kobe's combination of fame, wealth and lucky choice of victim.

As far as "Everyone deserves a second chance", I'd have to say no, there are people who don't deserve a second chance and rapists are in that group.

The good christian concept refers to individual forgiveness not societal. When someone commits a rape they are not only violating an individual they are violating social order. The individual may forgive (after a healthy cash settlement) but society should punish.

...and oh by the way, get that Celtic Logo off you Avatar if you are going to be a Kobe supporter. Around here true Celtic fans don't like the lakers.

ldawg
10-12-2012, 06:50 PM
this thread of full of **** Many people in the world has done much worst things. What Kobe did is insensitive nothing more. All you a over reacting. These are grown *** men not kids. Was he lying? Why people are taking it way more serious than the people involved.

KB-Pau-DH2012
10-12-2012, 06:52 PM
Oh wow, you dumbasses killed this thread by bringing Christianity and religion into a sports forum. :facepalm:

ldawg
10-12-2012, 08:57 PM
On the bright side of things He had good things to say about Kwame Brown. I point that out early in this thread. Ben Wallace is not known for his offense neither is Brown. What Kobe said was not bad. English is very funny Its how you interpret things. Shaq was not know for his 3 point shooting, is it a dis if someone says who should i trow it to out there Shaq? "There are people who will read Bryant's comments and find them cruel or mean-spirited. But read 'em again. The part about Brown being one of the best defensive big men he has ever seen. He meant every word. "He was really quick. He understood defensive concepts," Bryant said of Brown. "He might have actually showed Andrew [Bynum] a few things, especially on screen-and-roll coverages and one-on-one defense." Did Kobe also a dis Andrew Bynum? Come on what is wrong with people these days. Kobe is the worst guy in the world he is not human, he is not like the rest of us one guy said. Did people stop to think they are doing worst than Kobe did. So if he is the worst guy in the world what do you call yourself? Like i sad he **** on Parker because they have History. Parker did respond but no hate thread there about class this class that bigger man jerk. none of the ****. And you wonder why Kobe dont care? really why should he? Lebron told you guy you will wake up with the same problems you had before. Live your own lives don't judge People you dont know. Everything you know about kobe you read it. You dont know him. Have you ever met someone who everyone said bad things about them and when you met them they were nothing like that? Parker dont like Kobe and Kobe dont care for parker what do you expect kisses? Some people dont mix pleasure with business feelings get in the way. Some players will keep a player on their team because of friendship even if they suck.

rocketfuel
10-13-2012, 08:41 AM
I wanted to like Kobe, but he just makes it so hard to like him as a person. Of course, stuff like this tarnishes his career. Just hearing about some of these other guys behavior makes me like them less. It doesn't excuse Kobe. Every one of these incidents that the public becomes aware of makes them think less of that player. The stuff with Jordan is not as well known because it's been drowned out by his Jordan be like Mike publicity machine....but with the way the social media crazy universe is right now people are more aware of thist type of stuff....and that Smush thing has been playing on a lot of newscasts. There will always be the groupie fans that will overlook bad behavior and even criminal behavior, but it doesn't mean that other fans will like the player once that is no longer doing anything for their team. The same fans that were temporarily cheering for TO in Dallas are the same guys I see dissing him not that he's despearate begging for a job.