PDA

View Full Version : Great Article on Why the Thunder Need to Pay James Harden

TyrionLannister
10-11-2012, 12:44 PM
http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/8486795/the-harden-dilemma

Thoughts? Agree or disagree?

JordansBulls
10-11-2012, 05:31 PM
To stay a contender for years to come they will have to pay everyone.

JasonJohnHorn
10-11-2012, 06:41 PM
Basketball is a business... at the end of the day the Thunder have to ask themselves; are we going to make more money by signing him. If the answer is yes, the do it. If not... they have to find another way to win.

I'd like to see OKC keep this team together, but I'm not sure that they can. Durant, Westbrook, and Ibaka are all commanding a lot of money, and Harden will as well. If they pay these guys... they won't have any money to finish out the starting line-up let alone the bench. It's sad, but it's reality. And Perkins is already making a fair amount of cash.

I think their best option is to try and work a sign and trade and bring in a younger guard under a rookie contract like Klay Thompson or something. Of course, finding a more affordable pass-first PG might help them create room if they are willing to move Westbrook to keep Harden... and they may be able to pick up a draft pick out of the deal too.

Lake_Show2416
10-11-2012, 07:01 PM
ill tell them y they need to resign him

LAKERS & HEAT aka the Western & Eastern All Star teams

Chronz
10-11-2012, 07:04 PM
Basketball is a business... at the end of the day the Thunder have to ask themselves; are we going to make more money by signing him. If the answer is yes, the do it. If not... they have to find another way to win. .
The article makes a great point why they shouldn't think that way. They've raked in the profits of having him on the cheap for a long time now, its time to pay up. The benefits of building this powerhouse will be felt long after the core is gone. They could be the next Chicago and they remained a great draw even after the MJ days because of how they marketed and won with their product.

Aleksandar
10-11-2012, 07:20 PM
Ibaka got 12 mil per year.. Christ..