PDA

View Full Version : Greg Monroe, Brandon Knight, Andre Drummond

fadedmario
10-10-2012, 08:33 PM
Under the radar and look like they can be dominant.

Andre Drummond looks ridiculous. Never seen anyone like him in my life. Wait until you see the clips from tonight's game. Preseason or not, this dude is a fricken BEAST. lol at all the "bust" comments. He is a guard trapped in a 7 foot body. How he slipped to 9 is remarkable.

Monroe and Knight look like completely different players as well.

Pistons are the least talked about team on PSD and these guys look legit.

Take notice NBA fans - everyone will know these guys midway through this season.

Ebbs
10-10-2012, 08:37 PM
I actually got to watch Knight mess around this summer in Calgary. the guy can play. I think Drummond will be the best big in this last draft still though I know I'm the minority. The Pistons need wings though.

FutureGM
10-10-2012, 08:37 PM
Relax, it's Toronto lol.

mets100%
10-10-2012, 08:39 PM
You got a pretty good future with those 3.

JasonJohnHorn
10-10-2012, 08:42 PM
And with Magette thrown into the mix.... yeah... Detroit has some potential...though I still wished they have picked up Klay Thompson...

I dunno if Drummond will be a bust or not, but I'm hoping him and Moosde turn into one of the best PF/C combos in the history of the game! I'm a Detroit fan though, so those are just high hopes.

fadedmario
Relax, it's Toronto lol.

Not talking about one game.

Just saying they look the part. Drummond has good hands around the rim and jumps through the roof. Very impressive.

As I'm posting this I think Rodney Stuckey just shredded his knee.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
I'm sold on Monroe. Not huge about Knight and not a fan of Drummond at all. Reminds me of Deandre Jordan. He shot 29% from the FT line last season, he had the worst offensive post game at of all of the bigs that entered the draft and his overall efficiency on offense was bottom 5 out of all big men in that draft. He's got a questionable work ethic as well. Just not a huge fan of him.

fadedmario
10-10-2012, 08:45 PM
Main reason of this post:

Everyone says Drummond has no offensive game when he was drafted. He looks like he could be dominant on the offensive end sooner than later.

Anthony Davis has the hype, Drummond has the frame and can do many, many things well.

He'll be worth that #9 pick.

fadedmario
10-10-2012, 08:46 PM
I'm sold on Monroe. Not huge about Knight and not a fan of Drummond at all. Reminds me of Deandre Jordan.

Watching a 19 year old Drummond for 8 minutes and you see more potential than Deandre.

Procision
10-10-2012, 08:49 PM
Detroit is in the right direction, i expect them to be pretty good in a few seasons if they keep drafting well. Think you're jumping the gun abit though.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
10-10-2012, 08:50 PM
Watching a 19 year old Drummond for 8 minutes and you see more potential than Deandre.

Edited my last post...

I'm sold on Monroe. Not huge about Knight and not a fan of Drummond at all. Reminds me of Deandre Jordan. He shot 29% from the FT line last season, he had the worst offensive post game at of all of the bigs that entered the draft and his overall efficiency on offense was bottom 5 out of all big men in that draft. He's got a questionable work ethic as well. Just not a huge fan of him.

Bulls_fan90
10-10-2012, 08:51 PM
Knight is nothing special. I REALLY like Monroe though. Haven't had a chance to see Drummond play yet. Pistons have drafted really well lately though. If only they cut out the stupid trades/signings.

fadedmario
10-10-2012, 08:53 PM
Detroit is in the right direction, i expect them to be pretty good in a few seasons if they keep drafting well. Think you're jumping the gun abit though.

Not expecting the playoffs at all this year bro, just think these three are going to make some noise this year and put Detroit back on the map.

Knight looks like a much improved player from last year.

Raps18-19 Champ
10-10-2012, 08:55 PM
I love Drummond and think he'll be a star. But I mean it's preseason. This thread isn't worth it if you're basing it on 1 half against the Raptors.

Ebbs
10-10-2012, 08:57 PM
The thread is obviously overkill the dude played 9 minutes in the half.

Raps18-19 Champ
10-10-2012, 09:01 PM
Lolololololololol.

Hawkeye15
10-10-2012, 09:01 PM
Its preseason dude. Relax

Deception
10-10-2012, 09:05 PM
We're just fans excited to see some light in our future so don't be surprised that we're excited with our past three draft choices looking good. It's just nice to see something out of our prospects.

rocket
10-10-2012, 09:07 PM
he's just saying watch out and he acknowledged that it's only preseason so why do people continue to say it's only preseason.

Raps18-19 Champ
10-10-2012, 09:07 PM
We're just fans excited to see some light in our future so don't be surprised that we're excited with our past three draft choices looking good. It's just nice to see something out of our prospects.

Yea... but if you get so excited that you make threads about preseason games, I'd hate to see what happens when the regular season comes and they don't meet high expectations.

fadedmario
10-10-2012, 09:08 PM

Drummond looks like he has more potential than Monroe to me.

He has freak of nature athleticism, hand good hands around the rim. He will also be a top shot blocker from day 1.

How did we get any of these guys?? lol

Warriors could have taken Monroe, Knight was supposed to go top 5, and Drummond had no business being there at 9.

Lucky.

Hawkeye15
10-10-2012, 09:09 PM
you can get excited. But understand that when you create a thread in the main forums, you will get that pushback. Look, I am a closet Pistons fan. They are on my television right now. I love Monroe. But cmon, this game means crap. I refuse to judge a player until the real games start.

Hawkeye15
10-10-2012, 09:10 PM
Drummond looks like he has more potential than Monroe to me.

He has freak of nature athleticism, hand good hands around the rim. He will also be a top shot blocker from day 1.

How did we get any of these guys?? lol

Warriors could have taken Monroe, Knight was supposed to go top 5, and Drummond had no business being there at 9.

Lucky.

Nope. Monroe has perennial all star talent. He can score in many ways, is a WAY underrated passer, and just understands the game. Drummond might very well be a baller, but Monroe looks like a stud.

fadedmario
Yea... but if you get so excited that you make threads about preseason games, I'd hate to see what happens when the regular season comes and they don't meet high expectations.

I don't care if we win 20 games.

Drummond looks like he is going to be a VERY special talent.

Not many players like him in the NBA right now.

He's 19, only going to get better.

Raptors should have drafted him instead of Ross - ya know?

GunFactor187
This thread is sexy.

RipCity32
10-10-2012, 09:11 PM
oops didnt mean to come in here I was looking for one of the hundred Miami-Lakers threads.

fadedmario
10-10-2012, 09:11 PM
you can get excited. But understand that when you create a thread in the main forums, you will get that pushback. Look, I am a closet Pistons fan. They are on my television right now. I love Monroe. But cmon, this game means crap. I refuse to judge a player until the real games start.

How many Pistons threads have been in the NBA forum in the lst 6 months?

Two?

Sorry we ventured out into the "elite" area..

;)

Stunner
10-10-2012, 09:14 PM

Two?

;)

Haha this is true , nobody talks about the Pistons

Raps18-19 Champ
10-10-2012, 09:14 PM

Based exactly on what? You need evidence if you're going to make a claim like this. Preseason is the only thing we have to judge him by and that's not exactly cutting it.

If you think he'll be special, it's fine, but then don't shove it down people's throats by creating a thread when you have no evidence.

I like me some Drummond too and wanted the Raptors to draft him, though not sure what this comment has to do with the conversation.

Hawkeye15
10-10-2012, 09:15 PM

Two?

;)

That isn't what I mean player. I just mean, what did you guys expect the responses to be? Trust me, I watched 40ish Pistons game last year, probably will do the same this year (if the Wolves aren't on, I am watching the Pistons, I have no idea why). I think Monroe is on the cusp of joining the ELITE big men. I just don't care about evaluating Drummond or Knight in preseason game 1.

Hawkeye15
10-10-2012, 09:16 PM
oops didnt mean to come in here I was looking for one of the hundred Miami-Lakers threads.

hahaha

RipCity32
10-10-2012, 09:18 PM
Mario why would you start a thread about the Pistons in the Heat/Lakers forum.

Uncbball234
10-10-2012, 09:19 PM
Drummond will show signs all year, he has his whole short career. Its just a matter of him doing it over the coarse of a season

fadedmario
10-10-2012, 09:23 PM
Drummond is going to be a dunking machine this year.

nirvana235
10-10-2012, 09:26 PM
I don't care if we win 20 games.

Not many players like him in the NBA right now.

He's 19, only going to get better.

Based on the 2 preseason games you've watched? There's a reason he got passed by 8 other teams who scouted him intently and has way more knowledge on him then you or I. And there's also a reason why he had a horrible season in the NCAA last year.

If he had a few great regular season games, then that's a different story but its the damn preseason... it's not the time to knock the raptors, or Terrence Ross, which you probably have no info on either.

This might be a new low.

Ezio
10-10-2012, 09:31 PM
I'm high on Monroe but the Pistons need to get rid of their contracts.

fadedmario
10-10-2012, 09:36 PM

What contracts? Pistons will have around 25-30 million in cap room following this season. If they amnesty villanueva - they will have around 33 million. Even if they don't spend it all they can still add a max contract to there young big 3.

Raps18-19 Champ
10-10-2012, 09:40 PM
James Harden to Detroit!

C-Drummond
PF-Monroe
SF-Prince
SG-Harden
PG-Knight

Dynasty.

Gram
10-10-2012, 09:48 PM
And with Magette thrown into the mix.... yeah... Detroit has some potential...though I still wished they have picked up Klay Thompson...

I dunno if Drummond will be a bust or not, but I'm hoping him and Moosde turn into one of the best PF/C combos in the history of the game! I'm a Detroit fan though, so those are just high hopes.

I would kill for Klay. I love him. What we need is perimeter shooting.

Gram
10-10-2012, 09:49 PM

Explain please.

Raidaz4Life
10-10-2012, 09:52 PM
I have always been high on Drummond, that being said I still think there is very high bust potential there.

Gram
10-10-2012, 09:52 PM
Knight is nothing special. I REALLY like Monroe though. Haven't had a chance to see Drummond play yet. Pistons have drafted really well lately though. If only they cut out the stupid trades/signings.

People always say this. Not once has anyone told me a reason either, they just say Knight is nothing special.

RipCity32
10-10-2012, 09:53 PM
Based on the 2 preseason games you've watched? There's a reason he got passed by 8 other teams who scouted him intently and has way more knowledge on him then you or I. And there's also a reason why he had a horrible season in the NCAA last year.

If he had a few great regular season games, then that's a different story but its the damn preseason... it's not the time to knock the raptors, or Terrence Ross, which you probably have no info on either.

This might be a new low.

I think your looking for a WNBA forum.

Gram
10-10-2012, 09:55 PM

This might be a new low.

Rap fans were knocking the Ross pick all over the board.

RipCity32
10-10-2012, 09:56 PM
I have always been high on Drummond, that being said I still think there is very high bust potential there.

I know its just preseason but this kids potential is ridiculous his blocking and dunking alone will keep him from being a bust.

FlakeyFool
10-10-2012, 09:59 PM
Do good against raptors

Become best thing since sliced bread

mngopher35
10-10-2012, 09:59 PM
Im watching my wolves vs pacers 1st preseason game right now and we are up 17 (who cares if they are missing 3 players), I smell championship!!!

Haha just kidding since everyone jumped on you for getting excited. Honestly like 2 (?) years ago when you signed charlie v and gordon I thought you guys were screwed for like the next 4 years. Monroe has played amazing and really surprised me, and I like knight and drummond so ill be rooting for you guys a little bit. I really hope these guys pan out cause you could have a real good team in a couple years (especially after another lotto pick).

fadedmario
10-10-2012, 10:00 PM

He honestly looks bigger faster stronger than everyone on the court. Drummond will average 4 dunks and 3 blocks a game this year. There is going to be some teams regretting passing on him. He looks dominant and he's 19. Watch this game tonight if nbatv replays it, this kid will be our best player.

Stunner
10-10-2012, 10:01 PM
Drummond with the Game Winner

fadedmario
10-10-2012, 10:02 PM
Do good against raptors

Become best thing since sliced bread

Your forum thinks so...lol

mightybosstone
10-10-2012, 10:02 PM
Take notice NBA fans - everyone will know these guys midway through this season.
Anyone who doesn't know who Greg Monroe is must have been living under a rock the last year.

RipCity32
10-10-2012, 10:06 PM
Drummonds going to be a beast I dont care what the non Piston fans say im pumped about this kid.

MonroeFAN
10-10-2012, 10:14 PM
Yeah I was definitely impressed with him. If he stays healthy he's going to have a really nice career I think. He had 2 really nice blocks, had a nice thing going with Bynum, and he rebounded decently well.

He's definitely going to be interesting to watch. Monroe is Monroe, we already know he's got what it takes to become an all star, and he will continue to improve. Knight is underrated by a lot of people on this board IMO. He made a lot of foolish (rookie) mistakes last season, but he flashed signs of being elite (that 20 & 10 with no turnover game and 60% shooting).

Anyways, you asked to be singled out here, but that's fine you do it a lot and clearly don't care.

Eh, elite is actually a pretty strong word for Knight, but I definitely think he will be a good player in this league for a long time.

b@llhog24
10-10-2012, 10:20 PM
They'd be better off sucking another year.

Gators123
10-10-2012, 10:24 PM

The Pistons aren't in capspace hell anymore. Dumars fixed that mistake.

Gators123
10-10-2012, 10:28 PM
Obviously 1 preseason game doesn't mean anything but Drummond has the potential to be a superstar IMO. Most scouts think he has Dwight Howard potential. Will he be that good? Who knows.

But hes about 7'0, 275 pounds, 7'6 wingspan, extremely athletic, runs like a guard, and has great hands. Plus, he just turned 19.

heyman321
10-10-2012, 10:39 PM
This makes me sad that our frontcourt of Ed Davis and Amir Johnson and Bargnani is pathetically soft and small compared to Drummond and Monroe. We could have had Drummond wtf!!!

koreancabbage
10-10-2012, 10:43 PM
not sold on Drummond yet. He's a young energetic young big man- he's much promise as a young Jordan Hill.

Show me something in the post instead of lobs and blocks any young ahtletic big man can do. right now, he's got a lot of guys throwing into him when he's open and they are willing passers, Knight-Stuckey-Bynum.

Monroe got a quiet double double - i'm sold, he's got a jumper and a post game.

MonroeFAN
10-10-2012, 10:44 PM
This makes me sad that our frontcourt of Ed Davis and Amir Johnson and Bargnani is pathetically soft and small compared to Drummond and Monroe. We could have had Drummond wtf!!!

you have Landry Fields

A young Jordan Hill? That's what you got from watching him?

fadedmario
10-10-2012, 10:47 PM
not sold on Drummond yet. He's a young energetic young big man- he's much promise as a young Jordan Hill.

Show me something in the post instead of lobs and blocks any young ahtletic big man can do. right now, he's got a lot of guys throwing into him when he's open and they are willing passers, Knight-Stuckey-Bynum.

Monroe got a quiet double double - i'm sold, he's got a jumper and a post game.

Jordan hill... :laugh:

fadedmario
10-10-2012, 10:48 PM
Drummond is a freak of nature

Spiggity_ace
10-10-2012, 10:53 PM
drummond looked so impressive this game, i dont see him busting

LOl at the jordan hill comparison

and terrence ross is dope too

pistonsfanomg
10-10-2012, 11:19 PM
lol....

MrfadeawayJB
10-10-2012, 11:29 PM
Whoever thought Drummond was going to be a bust is dumb as ****

JEDean89
10-10-2012, 11:43 PM
drummond is going to find a place in this league, not from this 1 game against the raptors, but because he has too much size and athleticism to fail. combine that with his work ethic, and the fact that he is 19 and he is a recipe for success. too bad the pistons are going to have to build completely through the draft because this kid needs a mentor that isn't two years older than him. still i believe drummond can be a force in this league. he will really have to put in the work, but from i've read about him, that won't be a problem. teams are already questioning picks. i think cleveland should have taken him at 4. irving drummond, thomspon would be nice.

fadedmario
10-10-2012, 11:50 PM
drummond is going to find a place in this league, not from this 1 game against the raptors, but because he has too much size and athleticism to fail. combine that with his work ethic, and the fact that he is 19 and he is a recipe for success. too bad the pistons are going to have to build completely through the draft because this kid needs a mentor that isn't two years older than him. still i believe drummond can be a force in this league. he will really have to put in the work, but from i've read about him, that won't be a problem. teams are already questioning picks. i think cleveland should have taken him at 4. irving drummond, thomspon would be nice.

Lol i like your post other than one part . The pistons have at leasr 25 million to spend this upcoming offseason. 99 % of psd knows nothing about this team. The pistons will more than likely amnesty villanueva and have around 30 million to spend. Not exactly what id call building through the draft...

fadedmario
10-10-2012, 11:51 PM
Sorry for the grammar issues first time posting through cell phone kind of annoying

RenegadeRiot36
10-11-2012, 12:13 AM
Im sorry but i just dont see Brandon Knight being anything special in the NBA. Hes a good player, but will never be a superstar. IMO he ends up as an average point guard with two very good big men playing along side him.

CousinsEvansDUO
10-11-2012, 12:18 AM
I said from the start Drummond and DeMarcus should have been together but people didn't believe me, the pistons need to do a trade with the kings, maybe garcia(6m expiring) first round pick, jimmer, and chuck hayes for drummond.

IndyRealist
10-11-2012, 12:19 AM
Preseason. There's a thread right now about how Eddy freakin' Curry is "beasting". C'mon, say it with me: "No one plays defense in the preseason."

Corey
10-11-2012, 12:31 AM
I love Monroe, I made a read about him being comparable to Aldridge last week.

knight was awful last year....definitely need to see more out of him. He has legit talent though.

I've thought Drummond was meh since he committed to uconn. Dunno what to expect out of him besides blocks and some post defense.

Gram
10-11-2012, 12:57 AM
lol....

I never thought I'd see you post again. lol. Welcome back.

Gram
10-11-2012, 12:58 AM
I love Monroe, I made a read about him being comparable to Aldridge last week.

knight was awful last year....definitely need to see more out of him. He has legit talent though.

I've thought Drummond was meh since he committed to uconn. Dunno what to expect out of him besides blocks and some post defense.

What was awful about him?

PleaseBeNice
10-11-2012, 01:05 AM
Im pumped about Thomas Robinson

Gram
10-11-2012, 01:15 AM
Im pumped about Thomas Robinson

Monroe/Drummond vs. Robinson/Cousins 2013 NBA finals book it. ;)

Gram
10-11-2012, 01:19 AM
I said from the start Drummond and DeMarcus should have been together but people didn't believe me, the pistons need to do a trade with the kings, maybe garcia(6m expiring) first round pick, jimmer, and chuck hayes for drummond.

I love you man but I got no interest in a trade like that unless you can guarantee me Cody Zeller and Shabazz Mohammed in the 2013 draft.

b@llhog24
10-11-2012, 01:19 AM

He wasn't that good. I see fringe all star type potential for him.

Gram
10-11-2012, 01:21 AM
He wasn't that good. I see fringe all star type potential for him.

Explain! Lol this site is full of people saying their opinions with no info/details! This was in the interracial dating thread too. Start some interesting discussion!

2_Trill
10-11-2012, 01:24 AM
Great game by the trio but hope they all can stay health and continue to produce and also play at a high level. My main concern reguarding the pistons is health and management. I'm a pistons fantastic for sure but it's hard to be a fan of losing and lackluster performance that seems to haunt the team since the glory days, but on the other hand atleast this year team will produce some top ten highlights this year. I think the last time I seen the pistons on sport center top ten plays waswhen they had Allan Iverson, lol; but all jokes a side I see this year team squeezing into the playoffs (wishful thinking I know)

Raph12
10-11-2012, 01:47 AM
Drummond just oozes potential, but it will be upto him to realize it as well...

John Walls Era
10-11-2012, 01:48 AM
No playoffs still. Raptors are going to be better than them. Thats some good potential even if I'm not sold on Drummond who is a pogo stick, I'll give him that. I like Knight going forward, he has good work ethic but not going to help them now.

heyman321
10-11-2012, 03:15 AM
No playoffs still. Raptors are going to be better than them. Thats some good potential even if I'm not sold on Drummond who is a pogo stick, I'll give him that. I like Knight going forward, he has good work ethic but not going to help them now.

The only hope we can be better than them is if Valanciunas beasts and Lowry comes back and beasts, and that Bargnani stops shooting 35%. Yeah it's a preseason game, but still Bargnani is so inefficient.

CavsYanksDuke
10-11-2012, 03:40 AM
I'm hoping that Kyle Singler can get some playing time for these Pistons. I think he'd rack up assists playing with those three while playing good defense.

YoungOne
10-11-2012, 03:58 AM
another attention whore

Gram
10-11-2012, 08:52 AM
another attention whore

What?

xcrisisx
10-11-2012, 09:11 AM

pistons hater ! :D

Rockice_8
10-11-2012, 09:41 AM
DET fans should be happy with the way the frontcourt is playing even if it is preseason. Those two have a bright future together if they work at it. The rest of the team though is a mess. Not liking Knight as the PG of the future or any of the other wings they have. They are ways away still but having that frontcourt is a good start.

C_Mund
10-11-2012, 09:43 AM
I actually got to watch Knight mess around this summer in Calgary. the guy can play. I think Drummond will be the best big in this last draft still though I know I'm the minority. The Pistons need wings though.

When was Knight in Calgary?

pebloemer
10-11-2012, 09:48 AM

Actually what the Pistons need is to NOT make that deal....

pebloemer
10-11-2012, 09:55 AM
Drummond looked excellent last night. I'm still not pleased my Raptor's passed on him, but the hype in this thread is a little over the top. Just because a player is an athletic specimen doesn't guarantee him success in the NBA. Many players with his type of size and athleticism, have never reached full potential (Tyrus Thomas comes to mind). I hope for you guys that he does, and I'd be encouraged by the start, but there is a long way to go for the young kid to realize his potential.

RipCity32
10-11-2012, 10:25 AM
Drummond looked excellent last night. I'm still not pleased my Raptor's passed on him, but the hype in this thread is a little over the top. Just because a player is an athletic specimen doesn't guarantee him success in the NBA. Many players with his type of size and athleticism, have never reached full potential (Tyrus Thomas comes to mind). I hope for you guys that he does, and I'd be encouraged by the start, but there is a long way to go for the young kid to realize his potential.

no doubt most of us all know hes going to take some time but the potential is there.I think we just werent expecting see anything like that out of him for a while even though its preseason.

kduce
10-11-2012, 11:05 AM
no doubt most of us all know hes going to take some time but the potential is there.I think we just werent expecting see anything like that out of him for a while even though its preseason.

That's exactly right... we all know its preseason and we dont have any crazy ideas that we are going to be a championship team or even a winning team after one game. However, last night was an exciting game to watch and the chemistry the guys showed was very promising. Knight worked hard to gain weight and lower his body fat and Drummond was much more active then we expected to see out of him so soon, mix that with our love of Monroe and that adds up to high hopes, even if its not right away.

The team has a lot of young talent we havent even got to see yet too, anyone who has been in our position the past few years would be just as excited as some of us are this morning after last night's game IMO.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
10-11-2012, 11:25 AM
Monroe is gonna be one of the best players in the League soon.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
10-11-2012, 11:26 AM
His post play kinda reminds me of Jermaine O'Neal's back in JO's prime.

YoungOne
10-11-2012, 11:29 AM
What?

"I'm a [insert team] fan and no one talks about my [team], so I post something minor to let them talk about my team so I can feel better"

Corey
10-11-2012, 11:37 AM

He shot fine from the 3, but he was awful as a point guard. Poor assist rates, poor turnover rates, incredibly inconsistent, very poor defensively, and it took him 12 shots per game to average 13 points.

Really nothing special from him last year.

Gram
10-11-2012, 11:53 AM
He shot fine from the 3, but he was awful as a point guard. Poor assist rates, poor turnover rates, incredibly inconsistent, very poor defensively, and it took him 12 shots per game to average 13 points.

Really nothing special from him last year.

The assists won't happen when your only consistent scoring option is Greg Monroe. Stuckey did have some nice games, but unless he develops a three point shot, he won't be viable for assists, all he does is drive and occasionally shoot.

Turnovers he definitely improved on nearing the end of the season. There were some games where Knight disappeared, but that's expected of a rookie. Defense wasn't poor, it was alright, just not consistent. That's why I want Tony Allen here next year. Show all our guards how to play defense like a Piston. ;)

Can't deny the 12 shots for 13 points, but that should sharpen when we get perimeter help, whenever that'll be. :rolleyes:

Gram
10-11-2012, 11:57 AM
"I'm a [insert team] fan and no one talks about my [team], so I post something minor to let them talk about my team so I can feel better"

Are you kidding? Just because this isn't a Heat/Laker/Celtic/Knick thread doesn't mean the poster is trying to get people to talk about his team for himself. :laugh: Mario wants an outsider's interpretation of Detroit's future pieces. That doesn't mean he's an attention whore. ;) Go back to the Celtics forum and try to convince Corey that Rondo's the best PG in the league. :laugh:

Miltstar
10-11-2012, 12:08 PM
I think you'll see flashes of brilliance and a few great games from Drummond. But over the course of the season I have a feeling he will be highly inconsistent and frustrating. Especially offensivly. If he can bring it every game on defence then he should have a successful career, but until he develops a better post game and jump shot I wouldn't expect the moon and the stars from him. I think he should look to Serge Ibaka as a guy he kind of models his game after.

Corey
10-11-2012, 12:17 PM
The assists won't happen when your only consistent scoring option is Greg Monroe. Stuckey did have some nice games, but unless he develops a three point shot, he won't be viable for assists, all he does is drive and occasionally shoot.

Turnovers he definitely improved on nearing the end of the season. There were some games where Knight disappeared, but that's expected of a rookie. Defense wasn't poor, it was alright, just not consistent. That's why I want Tony Allen here next year. Show all our guards how to play defense like a Piston. ;)

Can't deny the 12 shots for 13 points, but that should sharpen when we get perimeter help, whenever that'll be. :rolleyes:
Well you can blame supporting cast, but Kyrie, Thomas and Rubio were all on teams hat shot poorer percentages from the field and still posted better assist rates by a good margin.

Per Synergy, he ranked 370th overall in opponent PPP.

He ranked 59th among starting guards in shooting percentage.

Also, I'll call BSon turnovers getting better as the year went on. His season average was 2.6 turnovers per game. The last 15 games of the year he averaged 2.8.

Gram
10-11-2012, 12:21 PM
Well you can blame supporting cast, but Kyrie, Thomas and Rubio were all on teams hat shot poorer percentages from the field and still posted better assist rates by a good margin.

Per Synergy, he ranked 370th overall in opponent PPP.

He ranked 59th among starting guards in shooting percentage.

Also, I'll call BSon turnovers getting better as the year went on. His season average was 2.6 turnovers per game. The last 15 games of the year he averaged 2.8.

He had a few no turnover games, just calling what I remember. :rolleyes:

Gram
10-11-2012, 12:23 PM
Oh and Corey you offered me Rondo for Monroe and Knight, I thought Rondo was the best PG in the league according to your friends. :rolleyes: Why would you trade him and want Knight in return?

Corey
10-11-2012, 12:26 PM
He had a few no turnover games, just calling what I remember. :rolleyes:

7 no turnover games last year.

34 games with 3+ turnovers.

45 games with 4 or less assists.

Gram
10-11-2012, 12:28 PM
7 no turnover games last year.

34 games with 3+ turnovers.

45 games with 4 or less assists.

I get it. :cool:

Stuckey for Bradley or I'm reporting you to SI for flaming me.

Gators123
10-11-2012, 12:28 PM
I think Knight will be pretty good. Last season he was only 19-20 years old and most people said he was a project also. He played in all 66 games and started 60 of them.

13 points 4 assist 3 rebounds isn't terrible for a project PG in his rookie season. Everybody says hes the hardest working guy on the team, Hell, Corey Maggette calls him the franchise player. I expect big things from him this year.

Eagles4Lyfe
10-11-2012, 12:29 PM
The dude played 9 minutes had open lay ups/dunks and suddenly he had an offensive game lmao??

Ezio
10-11-2012, 12:37 PM
I want more Daye though...

I forgot about the expirings and that Charlie will get ammy soon.

Corey
10-11-2012, 12:39 PM
I want more Daye though...

I forgot about the expirings and that Charlie will get ammy soon.

Daye was supposed to break out each of the last few years. I've given up hope on him.

Gators123
10-11-2012, 12:42 PM
I thought Daye could be a solid rotation player. He won't have much success if he doesn't gain at least 15 more pounds. I can't see that happening.

Gram
10-11-2012, 12:44 PM
Austin Daye.

Stunner
10-11-2012, 12:57 PM
Daye is .....eh so much talent i think he needs a new team , Detroit ruined his confidence

Stunner
10-11-2012, 12:59 PM
Knight was a rookie last year with no training camp, he wasn't that bad i've seen worse aka Johnny Flynn

rocket
10-11-2012, 06:17 PM
daye? daye is terrible

Lake_Show2416
10-11-2012, 06:32 PM
can careless bout Knight but building a team around 2 skilled athletic 7 footers is always a smart way to go, especially since 1 is defensively focused & the other is more offense

Monroe & Drummond = Great Foundation

2_Trill
10-11-2012, 11:31 PM
With the cap room the pistons should have next off season barring any trades I think it will play a major part in building around the new young front court. I still feel the pistons are missing a veteran guard and a half court general (just my opinion)

N3TS
10-12-2012, 04:43 AM
Detroit has a nice young core, but there will be some major growing pains.

NYYCowboys
10-12-2012, 05:01 AM
Drummond will not have much of an impact for AT LEAST 2-3 years. He is so raw. Wasn't even a force in college.

da ThRONe
10-12-2012, 02:43 PM
Drummond will not have much of an impact for AT LEAST 2-3 years. He is so raw. Wasn't even a force in college.

While I project the 2-3year window before he starts to make an impact. I wouldn't be surprised if he has a more immediate impact. Sometimes guys games don't fit the college game.

I can see a scenario where he just Dwight Howard's the league. Beats everybody with the combo of size, strength, agility, speed, and burst that he possess.

Phenomenonsense
10-12-2012, 02:59 PM
I think Drummond's timing is far better than i thought it would be. The block on davis shows near perfect timing and athletic ability. He has timing and defense, which is all we'll need. He will have plenty of disappointing games, but Moose/Knight will spoon-feed the points to drummond. Drummond doesn't have to score, he just has to be a threat to jump at the rim for an oop at ANY given time to keep players honest.

5ass
10-12-2012, 03:01 PM
pistons should stop rebuilding and start competing next year. IMO they should sign Josh Smith to help them get the D back in detroit. I would've said iggy instead of Jsmoove, but Smith is a bit younger and thats better considering their players are still in the development stage.

Gram
10-12-2012, 04:39 PM
Atlanta offered us Smith for Tayshaun and Amir Johnson like 5 years ago or something and we said no. Man if we had him we could use him for trade bait to put up some better perimeter scoring.

b@llhog24
10-12-2012, 11:43 PM
Explain! Lol this site is full of people saying their opinions with no info/details! This was in the interracial dating thread too. Start some interesting discussion!

He wasn't good offensively or defensively it's not a really hard concept to gasp. I'm not the type to hold a players first 3-4 years against them but his rookie season was underwhelming to say the least. I like Knight, he had some good games especially when he played against Kyrie so I at least respect him for that. But like I said fringe all star to all star level potential based on what I've seen.

Lakers4life08
10-13-2012, 12:16 AM
not really like what i see from Knight, Stuckey is the key for Pistons

John Walls Era
10-13-2012, 12:59 AM
Knight has some potential, Drummond has a lot of potential but limited offense (which is fine in today's nba). Only player that I really like of the 3 is Monroe.

GunFactor187
10-13-2012, 01:41 AM

I will quote this especially for shyfly24, lol.

JWO35
10-13-2012, 12:23 PM

lol L4L

heyman321
10-13-2012, 12:47 PM
It's funny how Dumars thought Stuckey could replace Billups with Iverson on the side, which basically brought down the era of Pistons dominance.

HotMayo
10-13-2012, 02:32 PM
pistons should stop rebuilding and start competing next year. IMO they should sign Josh Smith to help them get the D back in detroit. I would've said iggy instead of Jsmoove, but Smith is a bit younger and thats better considering their players are still in the development stage.

Yep yEP yEP

LET MOOSE WALK

Sign Cousins and josh smith to max contracts

knight
English
smith
cousins
drummond

6th man-stuckey

DE9394
10-14-2012, 03:38 PM
Drummond was a beast last night

Tmath
10-14-2012, 04:06 PM
Drummond was a beast last night

Most of his points were garbage buckets which isn't a bad thing, means he's hustling and getting good position.

Milwaukee front court is pretty weak though, he also fouled out in 25 mins of play which is a little concerning, also Pistons lost by 17...

Phenomenonsense
10-14-2012, 04:49 PM
Most of his points were garbage buckets which isn't a bad thing, means he's hustling and getting good position.

Milwaukee front court is pretty weak though, he also fouled out in 25 mins of play which is a little concerning, also Pistons lost by 17...

His impact was far greater than the box score will tell you. Completely different team with him out there. Most of his points (12) came when the game was still close in the second. He fouled out because of a couple stupid fouls (one bad call in my opinion on a screen and another he just pushed Dalembert out of the paint because Sammy was trying to be a bully.) And the Piston's lost because CV's help d is terrible, his shot continues to not be there, and our guard kept letting Harris/Sanders/etc block them. Like, we had something like 15 shots blocked.

heyman321
10-14-2012, 08:18 PM
He looks extremely mobile and quick, athletic, and soft touch/good hands so far. I wish the Raptors would have picked him. Val and Drummond would have made a twin towers front court if they both lived up to expectations.

shyfly24
10-14-2012, 08:35 PM

:facepalm:

Watch the Pistons before you make such a senseless comment like that

fadedmario
10-15-2012, 05:36 PM
12:41AM EDT October 15. 2012 - When Andre Drummond joined the defending national champions at the University of Connecticut in 2011, expectations for the physically gifted big man were sky high. While Drummond failed to live up to the hype, his physical gifts did not diminish in college, and the Detroit Pistons selected him ninth overall in the 2012 NBA Draft.

"The past is the past," Pistons coach Lawrence Frank said. "We all have a past, so we just continue to learn and try to improve.

"Andre is a great kid. Obviously very athletic, very good feet, great size and we think he has a very bright future. Obviously, we didn't draft him at nine and not think he didn't have a very bright future."

Drummond looks the part of an NBA center, which is not lost on his new teammates.

"He definitely has the tools to be a really good big man," Pistons star Greg Monroe said. "As far as the mental part of the game, he has a ways to go, but as far as the physical skills, he is one of those guys who, any ceiling he reaches, you won't be surprised because of the physical tools he is blessed with."

Detroit hasn't finished above .500 since the 2007-08 season and a youth movement finally appears to be taking root, but the Pistons follow their own ideals when it comes to player development. Detroit's four rookies and other developing players hoping for playing time will have to earn it.

"People say development well that means playing time," Frank said. "To me development is always based on merit because the worst thing you can look at it with a exception of a couple guys guys who don't get it based on merit, it usually doesn't play out real well for them. Guys that get it based on merit, they understand the process. To me, whether you are young or old, it has to be based on merit."

Even a top-10 draft pick will have to earn his playing time from Frank.

So far, Drummond's first NBA training camp and preseason has been a success. He's averaged 11.0 points, 5.7 rebounds and 1.7 blocks in 18.0 minutes a game through three, including a 19-point, 10-rebound performance Saturday against the Milwaukee Bucks.

"Andre, he had a good training camp," Monroe said. "Typical I don't want to say struggles obstacles that any rookie has learning a lot of new stuff, new terminology, schemes and stuff like that, but I think he picked it up fairly well.

"In his first game action, I think he played well. What I think he did was he let the game come to him. That's what he did well; he didn't try to force anything. He did his job. He did exactly what the coaches asked him to do."

The structure provided by training camp and a total immersion in basketball has been good for the young big man who occasionally appeared distracted in high school and college.

"We do this every day," Drummond said. "We have nothing to do besides doing what you love, playing basketball. Being in the gym everyday with my teammates is the greatest feeling.

"The NBA has a lot more structure. The coaching staff has been great for me getting better, quicker. I am just doing what the coaching staff is telling me to do."

Frank will be looking for more of the same. Inconsistent effort could cost Drummond a spot in the Pistons' rotation.

Drummond shoots over Bucks defenders Saturday. He scored 19 points in the preseason loss.(Photo: Benny Sieu, US Presswire)
"Like anyone, you want to develop him and development is not just in the games, development is what you do every day," Frank said. "How are his habits? What is he doing in practice? ... And look he is doing all good things, they are all positives, so I am sure if he continues on that path, he will find his way and earn his way into playing time as long as he continues to put maximum effort into everything he does.

"He is a sponge," Frank added. "He soaks it all up. It is one of his greatest traits. He is a very, very willing learner. He is a fun guy to coach."

"He is still 19 and still a rookie, but he is picking up everything they are trying to help him (with)," Monroe said. "You can never put expectations on an unknown. It's not like this is a guy who has played for two years. This is a guy without any kind of NBA action, so everything that happens is kind of going to be a surprise. I am interested to see how he does. Obviously, I hope he does well because he can help our team out a whole lot."

Coach Frank is adamant that Drummond is not getting a free pass in Detroit and will earn his playing time, but the young big man has kicked things off on the right foot and if he is still a fun guy to coach at the end of October, we will be seeing a lot of this physically gifted young big in the regular season.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/pistons/2012/10/15/andre-drummond-detroit-preseason-greg-monroe-lawrence-frank/1633825/

fadedmario
10-15-2012, 05:38 PM
Drummond had 19 points and 10 rebounds in 25 minutes on Saturday against Milwaukee. Also chipped in with a couple of blocks.

Kid looks like the biggest steal in a long time. Should have went top 4.

Watch him play for 5 minutes and he will impress you. Some players don't break-out in college because their game is built more pro-style.

Drummond is going to be good immediately.

fadedmario
10-15-2012, 05:43 PM
His PER 36 stats so far this preseason are -

22 ppg / 11.4 rpg / 3.2 bpg

and I'm a homer for getting excited about this??? lol - you would too if a freakshow that dunks better than any big in the league is putting up these numbers already on your favorite team.

Most people on here were calling him a bust.

Preseason or not - he's starting to turn some heads. Just google his name and you'll see what I'm talking about.

ESPN Insider (can't post the entire article because of PSD rules) -

Drummond suddenly a ROY candidate? How could he not be after the start he's had this preseason.

Take notice.

fadedmario
10-15-2012, 05:53 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=jgnhMxHznd0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEPXtvmEsfQ

I can't believe we got this guy.

spreadeagle
10-15-2012, 05:55 PM
Hes a great passer for his size, something I always noticed "Drummond"

Nomar
10-15-2012, 06:04 PM
I go to UConn and trust me, Drummond is an offensive disaster. Afraid to go up with it because he cant make a foul shot and has the touch of a brick wall.

HotMayo
10-15-2012, 06:15 PM
Drummond is supposed to be in high-school rite now and probably being number 1 recruit in rivals for 2012. This guy is really looking like he is the best player for the 2012 draft and possibly 2013 draft. I watched this kid and he has answered all my questions. Dudes beastly legit. It is time to bring basketball back to the D.

Gators123
10-15-2012, 06:18 PM
He's actually showed a very nice touch around the basket in preseason so far.

fadedmario
10-15-2012, 06:19 PM
I go to UConn and trust me, Drummond is an offensive disaster. Afraid to go up with it because he cant make a foul shot and has the touch of a brick wall.

Yeah college ball clearly translates with this guy.

****ing kid is dominating so far and he's still just a baby.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=HB8oo1wSq1s

fadedmario
10-15-2012, 06:21 PM
....if you check around the NBA, there is a mass panic going on in every city besides new Orleans right now that passed on him.

The story teams passing on him sold to their fans was that Drummond was another hasheem thabeet. Lazy, low basketball IQ and would take 3-4 years just to get on the floor.

Problem is, you can watch him play for 2 minutes and be reasonably sure he isn't any of those things. That's causing a lot of immediate backlash, even over preseason games.

fadedmario
10-15-2012, 06:34 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkQg65PGqSo

Dude is all over the place.

AlexTmz2
10-15-2012, 06:42 PM
Had a chance to see a Pistons pre season game and they look promising for the future. That Drummond kid can really play. I also think Monroe is and underrated big guy. Im not sure, is it because he's in a/an poor team? Not quite sure but he put up some beefy numbers last season and not much talk about the young fella. Pistons fans should be really excited for the future of their team.

topdog
10-15-2012, 07:05 PM
I hated that Drummond went to the Pistons. Not because I wanted him on my favorite team (which I did), but because I think Joe Dumars is a terrible GM that got lucky in putting together a surprise championship team (followed by oh so many terrible moves). I think Detroit had a great draft though with Drummond who fell at least 2 spots too far, Khris Middleton who is an intriguing shooter at the 3 and Kim English who is a sharpshooting 2.

HotMayo
10-15-2012, 07:14 PM
I hated that Drummond went to the Pistons. Not because I wanted him on my favorite team (which I did), but because I think Joe Dumars is a terrible GM that got lucky in putting together a surprise championship team (followed by oh so many terrible moves). I think Detroit had a great draft though with Drummond who fell at least 2 spots too far, Khris Middleton who is an intriguing shooter at the 3 and Kim English who is a sharpshooting 2.

All the good things joe d has done and you just think they are all luck. :facepalm:

fadedmario
10-15-2012, 07:18 PM
All the good things joe d has done and you just think they are all luck. :facepalm:

Let's not turn this into a Joe D thread.

Stay on-topic.

topdog
10-15-2012, 07:29 PM

"What have you done for me lately?" is always the question. I could elaborate, but I will heed FadedMario and let this continue to be more of a positive thread.

Bulls_fan90
10-15-2012, 07:33 PM
Could a mod move this to the Pistons forum? (if they have one)

Gators123
10-15-2012, 07:38 PM

Only if they move you to the village of the banned forum.

And the Pistons forum is actually pretty active.

Bulls_fan90
10-15-2012, 07:50 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=jgnhMxHznd0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEPXtvmEsfQ

I can't believe we got this guy.

Yeah college ball clearly translates with this guy.

****ing kid is dominating so far and he's still just a baby.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=HB8oo1wSq1s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkQg65PGqSo

Dude is all over the place.

Only if they move you to the village of the banned forum.

And the Pistons forum is actually pretty active.

When you have Fadedmario post padding youtube highlights from pre-season games, I think the thread is best suited to be in the Pistons forum. Glad to hear it's pretty active too :clap:.

Also I'd have to decline your offer to join the village of the banned. I see enough of you in the NBA forum ;)

fadedmario
10-15-2012, 08:00 PM
When you have Fadedmario post padding youtube highlights from pre-season games, I think the thread is best suited to be in the Pistons forum. Glad to hear it's pretty active too :clap:.

Also I'd have to decline your offer to join the village of the banned. I see enough of you in the NBA forum ;)

Why are you trolling?

Rose is finished so you got nothing better to do than troll the only Pistons thread in the NBA forum in the last 6 months?

You're cool. Good luck this season. :bla:

Deception
10-15-2012, 08:09 PM

You think that's bad? Try Knicks fan during Linsanity, at least he's posting in the same thread, so lay off and stop trolling.

fadedmario
10-15-2012, 08:13 PM
I also posted the videos because I guarantee most people that comment on Drummond have never seen him play in a Pistons uniform.

Not going to stoop to his level and make an easy put-down involving Rose and the rest of that roster. Would be too easy.

rocket
10-15-2012, 08:20 PM

Man the Bulls are gonna' suck without Rose.

Bulls_fan90
10-15-2012, 08:23 PM
You think that's bad? Try Knicks fan during Linsanity, at least he's posting in the same thread, so lay off and stop trolling.
I agree 100% man. Same with Rose, Kobe, LeBron etc...

I mean just look at the number of posts about Rose in this thread :laugh2:

Not trolling at all, just feel threads like these with one poster constantly bumping to post irrelevant highlights or posting individual statistics from certain games (in this case, pre-season lol) brings unnecessary hate.

Anyway I'll let this thread unfold and you'll see what I mean.

fadedmario
10-15-2012, 08:30 PM
I agree 100% man. Same with Rose, Kobe, LeBron etc...

I mean just look at the number of posts about Rose in this thread :laugh2:

Not trolling at all, just feel threads like these with one poster constantly bumping to post irrelevant highlights or posting individual statistics from certain games (in this case, pre-season lol) brings unnecessary hate.

Anyway I'll let this thread unfold and you'll see what I mean.

The thread was going just fine until you started trolling.

Sorry there is a Pistons thread in the NBA forum. If you don't like it, don't post in it.

HotMayo
10-15-2012, 08:48 PM

Why?

HotMayo
10-15-2012, 08:50 PM
"What have you done for me lately?" is always the question. I could elaborate, but I will heed FadedMario and let this continue to be more of a positive thread.

Joe d has already stated that his hands were cuffed.

Corey
10-15-2012, 09:31 PM
Brb getting erections based on summer league play

topdog
10-15-2012, 09:34 PM
Joe d has already stated that his hands were cuffed.

By the deals he gave out to Villanueva and Gordon. Again, I'm not trying to get into this unless you want to start a Joe D thread.

WhoAmI-
10-15-2012, 09:39 PM
I'm a fan of Brandon Knight; he's probably my favorite pick in that draft after shumpert.

Zefflin
10-15-2012, 09:53 PM
Drummonds a MONSTER

Stuckey#3
10-15-2012, 10:02 PM
Dre will be a top three Center in the league within the next three years. If Moose stays efficient and there is no locker room drama or ego's flying around we are going to have a very dangerous team. We may even be able to flip CV instead of amnesty him for a valuable shooter...

I think Knight will eventually be recognized as the hardest working/training guard in the league. He and Kyrie might even get a Dwill/CP3 rivalry going on if they both stay in the same division.

Also... I really like DRose. Maybe you trolls should take his lead and display good character.

Stuckey#3
10-15-2012, 10:04 PM
By the deals he gave out to Villanueva and Gordon. Again, I'm not trying to get into this unless you want to start a Joe D thread.

Hey tell how signing that headcase Kirelinko to nearly $10mil a year works out for you in a few months.

Gram
10-16-2012, 12:17 AM

Backseat modding. :facepalm:

One more good pick and we're set for playoffs.

topdog
10-16-2012, 02:20 AM
Hey tell how signing that headcase Kirelinko to nearly $10mil a year works out for you in a few months.

1. Not trying to get into this with Detroit fans, but I'm not going to back down either

2. Headcase? I don't know where that's coming from. This is a guy who is best known for his long stat lines and his wife letting him have 1 freeby a year. Headcase is not something I've ever heard.

3. The funny thing about you bringing up Kirelinko's deal is that it expires at the same time as Villanueva's. It's just 2 years. He's a proven veteran who is just entering his 30s. It's not my favorite deal, but it's repercussions are not devastating.

fadedmario
10-16-2012, 10:59 AM
1. Not trying to get into this with Detroit fans, but I'm not going to back down either

2. Headcase? I don't know where that's coming from. This is a guy who is best known for his long stat lines and his wife letting him have 1 freeby a year. Headcase is not something I've ever heard.

3. The funny thing about you bringing up Kirelinko's deal is that it expires at the same time as Villanueva's. It's just 2 years. He's a proven veteran who is just entering his 30s. It's not my favorite deal, but it's repercussions are not devastating.

Timberwolves are the only other team I like besides Detroit (big Kevin Love fan), good luck this year. Hope you guys get into the playoffs.

topdog
10-16-2012, 03:01 PM
Timberwolves are the only other team I like besides Detroit (big Kevin Love fan), good luck this year. Hope you guys get into the playoffs.

Thanks... anything less than playoffs is a major disappointment. I'm starting to like the look of the Pistons and could become a fan a couple years out (when a lot of contracts expire).