PDA

View Full Version : Battle of the bench pt.1 (Alantic East)

esb
10-10-2012, 07:31 PM
Which bench 5 wins this division?

ATLANTIC DIVISION:

Boston:

PG - Avery Bradley
SG - Jason Terry
SF - Jeff Green
PF - Jared Sullinger
C - Darko Milicic

Brooklyn

PG - C.J. Watson
SG - MarShon Brooks
SF - Josh Childress
PF - Reggie Evans
C - Andray Blatche

New York

PG - Jason Kidd
SG - Ronnie Brewer
SF - Steve Novak
PF - Kurt Thomas
C - Marcus Camby

Philadelphia

PG - Royal Ivey
SG - Nick Young
SF - Thaddeus Young
PF - Lavoy Allen
C - Kwame Brown

Toronto

PG - Jose Calderon
SG - Landry Fields
SF - Linas Kleiza
PF - Amir Johnson
C - Ed Davis

DoMeFavors
10-10-2012, 07:34 PM
Nets and Mirza Teletovic is the backup PF

xxplayerxx23
10-10-2012, 07:35 PM
Celtics-Knicks-Philly-Nets-Raps I think Fields is starting at the 3.

29$JerZ
10-10-2012, 07:36 PM
Boston has the superior bench
Followed by New York
Followed by Toronto
Followed by Philly
Last is Brooklyn

KnickaBocka.44
10-10-2012, 07:38 PM
76ers: Dorrell Wright at the 3, Thad Young at the 4

More-Than-Most
10-10-2012, 07:45 PM
Boston
New York
Philly
Toronto
Nets

In that Order with New York/Philly being closer to each other than say New York/Boston....I just really like Bostons bench

DoMeFavors
10-10-2012, 07:49 PM
Blatche is the best player in all of the benches

xxplayerxx23
10-10-2012, 07:50 PM
Kurt thomas>Blatche.

Swashcuff
10-10-2012, 07:55 PM
Boston
New York
Philly
Toronto
Nets

In that Order with New York/Philly being closer to each other than say New York/Boston....I just really like Bostons bench

This

imagesrdecievin
10-10-2012, 08:01 PM
The Nets bench is very fluid right now. It could be one of the best or one of the worst depending on:

Marshon Brooks - sophmore slump or sophmore breakout?
Andray Blatche - can Avery revive his game like he did for Gerald Green or does it wind up just Dray being Dray?
Mirza Teletovic - European success or flop?

For the purposes of the OP's question though - the answer is pretty much:

1.Boston

2. everyone else

JasonJohnHorn
10-10-2012, 08:04 PM
I voted for the Knicks (and I am the only one apparently), in part because I expect JR Smith to be coming off the bench... but I like having JKidd and Camby coming off the bench, and Thomas is a hard worker and can clean up the glass. And Novak is good at spreading the floor.

I didn't pick Boston because I'm a little worried about their front court. If their draft pick plays well and Darko plays to his potential (or at least the highest level he has played at in the NBA) then they certainly have a case.

BK: I like Reggie Evans... he's a good energy player, gets you extra possessions with his hustle, but he is very limited at the same time. Brooks is pretty good and CJ Watson's not bad, but Childress has not been the same since he came back to the NBA, nad Blatche... I just have too many questions about him.

Philly.... they look pretty good. Brown is a solid rebounder now, and a big body on defence, and Young and Young should be solid... I haven't seen Ivey and Allen play though...

Toronto will have the best back-up PG in the league! Landry Fields I expect to be starting considering how much they are paying him... lol.... Amir Johnson... he's a hard worker, very dedicated, but he's just not that good. I've been watching him since his Detroit days and i was really hoping he'd break out into a great player, but he just hasn't. I mean, he BELONGS in this league... he has the work ethic and dedication, and busts his @$$ off and can clean up the boards, and he doesn't shoot unless he's got a shot, which alot of players don't know enough... but... he is certainly great to have coming off the bench. Ed Davis... haven't watching him play much, but it looks like he's a good rebounder. The thing with Toronto is that their starting line-up won't be leaving their bench in a good position when they get off the court. This bench could certainly keep up with a lot of other benches, espcially in terms of work ethic... but... I mean the starting line up? Come on...

Knicks21
10-10-2012, 08:10 PM
Celtics, Knicks, Philly, Raptors, Nets in that order.

knicks=love
10-10-2012, 08:13 PM

because that makes it better?

:laugh: troll so hard, mutha****as wanna report you

29$JerZ
10-10-2012, 08:15 PM
What is Philly's exact rotation from the bench?

mets100%
10-10-2012, 08:20 PM
because that makes it better?

:laugh: troll so hard, mutha****as wanna report you

He actually believes that ****.

N3TS
10-10-2012, 08:27 PM
Which bench 5 wins this division?

ATLANTIC DIVISION:

Boston:

PG - Avery Bradley
SG - Jason Terry
SF - Jeff Green
PF - Jared Sullinger
C - Darko Milicic

Isn't avery bradley starting? Regardless I think the Celtics have the best bench in the Atlantic.

DoMeFavors
10-10-2012, 08:29 PM
Nets have a good passing PG, a good scorer in Marshon and a low post scorer in Blatche what other teams have that here?

mets100%
10-10-2012, 08:30 PM
Isn't avery bradley starting? Regardless I think the Celtics have the best bench in the Atlantic.
It depends on Courtney Lee level of play while hes starting.

mets100%
10-10-2012, 08:35 PM
Nets have a good passing PG, a good scorer in Marshon and a low post scorer in Blatche what other teams have that here?
Well Boston have a good scorer in Terry, a good slasher in Lee, a low post scorer in Sullinger , a good body presence in Darko and a very athletic player in Green plus we have Wilcox that can gives good minutes off the bench. It's funny because you are counting on Blatche a bonafide scrub to be a consistent rotation player. Do you really believe you have a better bench than boston and NY.

N3TS
10-10-2012, 08:35 PM

Boston has a great scoring guard off the bench in Terry and have a young high post threat in Sullinger, as well as a good wing player in Jeff Green and shot blocker in Darko and they have great perimeter defense in both Courtney Lee and Avery Bradley.

esb
10-10-2012, 08:52 PM

teams are still tweaking rosters together, but this is how ESPN has these guys listed.

D2theJ
10-10-2012, 09:11 PM
I'd say

Celtics
Sixers
Knicks
Nets - have Teletovic from Europe also could be stud
Raptors

Daunter
10-10-2012, 09:17 PM
Boston has the better bench,i really want to see what Sullinger does for them this year.

DoMeFavors
10-10-2012, 09:48 PM
LOL Boston has Jeff Green and Jason Terry. Is that supposed to impress me?

Nets have a hell of a 2nd unit

mngopher35
10-10-2012, 09:52 PM
Boston wins this but thats not to say the other benches arent solid

Sixerlover
10-10-2012, 09:53 PM

:laugh2:

NYsFinest
10-10-2012, 10:01 PM
Boston

Knicks (esp when Shump comes back)
Sixers
Raptors
Nets

mets100%
10-10-2012, 10:03 PM

Terry> Watson
Lee> Brooks
Green> Childress
Sullinger> Evans or Teletovic
Darko> Blatche
You're bench is the worst of the division.

Dade County
10-10-2012, 10:04 PM
Is JR smith starting or not? I'll make my vote after I know this.

2-ONE-5
10-10-2012, 10:08 PM

LOL Nets have the WORST bench of this group easily. only Brooks is any good

esb
10-10-2012, 10:09 PM

No that's supposed to SCARE you.:speechless:

DoMeFavors
10-10-2012, 10:15 PM
Terry> Watson
Lee> Brooks
Green> Childress
Sullinger> Evans or Teletovic
Darko> Blatche
You're bench is the worst of the division.

First of all

Terry>Watson
Lee<Brooks
Green> Childress
Sullinger<Evans or Teletovic
Darko<Blatche

NYsFinest
10-10-2012, 10:24 PM

Woodson has said he wants JR off the bench... Brewer will probably start until Shumpert comes back.

29$JerZ
10-10-2012, 10:38 PM
If Blatche was as good as someone believes he wouldn't have been cut.
He simply is a headcase. If he ever got his act together he'd be good but if that were the case he'd still be a Wizard.

Expecting great things from him is silly.

DoMeFavors
10-10-2012, 10:46 PM
He simply is a headcase. If he ever got his act together he'd be good but if that were the case he'd still be a Wizard.

Im sorry but he couldnt take losing anymore, he hated that team. The players didnt want to win and the team wasnt commited to winning. Blatche will prove a lot this year.

2-ONE-5
10-10-2012, 11:05 PM
Im sorry but he couldnt take losing anymore, he hated that team. The players didnt want to win and the team wasnt commited to winning. Blatche will prove a lot this year.

then he went to the wrong team...

29$JerZ
10-10-2012, 11:17 PM

That has nothing to do with why he got cut. He was cut because Wizards want to change the culture of that team and he was one of the biggest culprits for its failures.

DoMeFavors
10-10-2012, 11:24 PM
That has nothing to do with why he got cut. He was cut because Wizards want to change the culture of that team and he was one of the biggest culprits for its failures.

He was a headcase because he couldnt take the losing, now he is in line because he has veterans and a better team.

29$JerZ
10-10-2012, 11:27 PM
He was a headcase because he couldnt take the losing, now he is in line because he has veterans and a better team.

Those veterans you speak of were on the Nets team last season and they weren't exactly in line and all about winning.

What makes that any different from Washington?

xxplayerxx23
10-10-2012, 11:30 PM
:laugh: Holy **** DMF has gone to a new level of trolling. Anyway only way the Knicks can come close to the Celtics in terms of bench play is if JR goes back to Nuggets JR (I doubt it, and I dislike JR a ton but I hope he does)

Ill21
10-10-2012, 11:35 PM

Not even close

Bradley
Terry
Green
Jr Smith
Camby
Nick young
Thad young
Jose Calderon
Davis

All of these guys are better than Blatche

DoMeFavors
10-10-2012, 11:41 PM
Those veterans you speak of were on the Nets team last season and they weren't exactly in line and all about winning.

What makes that any different from Washington?

Who?

Only

Humphries,Lopez, Deron,Gerald ,Marshon remain from last year
And none are really old vets.

Nets now have Bogans,Stackhouse, Reggie Evans

xxplayerxx23
10-10-2012, 11:46 PM
Not even close

Bradley
Terry
Green
Jr Smith
Camby
Nick young
Thad young
Jose Calderon
Davis

All of these guys are better than Blatche

Don't forget Chris smith, Cooperland, White, My 10 year old brother. Pretty much anybody :shrug:

xxplayerxx23
10-10-2012, 11:47 PM
What's said is Blatche isn't even the worst Net on the bench lol

29$JerZ
10-10-2012, 11:55 PM
Who?

Only

Bogans and Stackhouse won't be doing anything to keep him in line.
They are there for strictly money.

Deron definitely but that's it.
Your case isn't very strong. If he was such a headcase because he was tired of losing and had no Vets to keep him in line he signed with the wrong team. Nothing changed except a more competent starting PG from Wall to Deron.

murphturph
10-11-2012, 12:27 AM
People PHILADELPHIA'S bench is not better than the raptors, not trying to be a homer but just take a closer look, and i think nick young is a bit over rated

WAYNEBO
10-11-2012, 01:10 AM
Celts
Knicks
Raps
Nets
Sixers

Chill_Will_24
10-11-2012, 01:11 AM

Well seems you know more than their coaches do because the player that has been getting the most hype from the coaches this summer is Blatche. He got pretty cut over the summer and looks to be in fantastic shape.

MetroMan
10-11-2012, 01:30 AM
celts

29$JerZ
10-11-2012, 02:06 AM
Well seems you know more than their coaches do because the player that has been getting the most hype from the coaches this summer is Blatche. He got pretty cut over the summer and looks to be in fantastic shape.

So is Raymond Felton. It's Preseason.
Believe nothing until the season starts.

JerseyPalahniuk
10-11-2012, 02:19 AM
You're saying Courtney Lee is starting over Avery Bradley when he returns?

Mirza is definitely above Reggie on the depth chart - Avery Johnson said it himself. I think our bench will surprise many people. Blatche has been tearing it up in training camp so far - at least 3 players have commented on him. Marshon is aiming for 6th man of year but I think Mirza might have an even better chance. CJ Watson was one of the best backup PG last year, we have Tyshawn Taylor behind him as well. Not too high on Childress - I think Toko Shengalia will take over that back up spot soon enough

BALLER R
10-11-2012, 06:27 AM
Raptors bench doesn't look right I think its.

Calderon
Terrence Ross
Kleiza
Ed Davis
valanciunas

thenaj17
10-11-2012, 10:02 AM
A lot of NYK homer picks there. This is the most offensive inept bench by a mile as an isolated 5 (not mixed with starters). 3 players you don't even have to guard, Kidd with his walking stick and a pure shooter who would never get open looks (Novak)

Celtics just, Raps and Nets not far behind. 76ers 2 Youngs with good defensive centre isn't bad either

nycericanguy
10-11-2012, 10:09 AM
Woodson has already confirmed JR Smith will come off the bench, so NY is

Kidd
JR
Brewer/Novak
Kurt/Sheed
Camby

I suspect this is the 2nd unit we'll see most

Kidd
JR
Brewer
Novak
Camby

JR & Novak have great chemistry, and JR, Brewer & Camby's defense can make up for Novak's lack of D. Good mix of offense and defense. Having a floor general like Kidd will really help that 2nd unit. Keep in mind Kidd has been starting and playing mainly against starters, now for the 1st time he comes off the bench and he should be able to school backup PG's

I say BOS & NY are kind of tied now.

Green is kind of an unknown, Darko is trash, and Sullinger is an unknown Rookie. Terry & Bradley are the only 2 knowns, and bradley won't play for a while.

Knicks have 4 guys on their bench that were starters last year.

2-ONE-5
10-11-2012, 10:12 AM
People PHILADELPHIA'S bench is not better than the raptors, not trying to be a homer but just take a closer look, and i think nick young is a bit over rated

and then you woke up

strahan92osi72
10-11-2012, 10:14 AM
Just so you know JR is on the bench, not Brewer. No way is JR gonna be starting taking shots away from Melo and Amare. But anayway I really like that Boston bench, followed by the Knicks bench. The Sixers bench is okay not great. And the other 2 are trash.

TheIlladelph16
10-11-2012, 10:25 AM

Not entirely sure what they are going to do, but I'd venture the rotation to be something like this:

Starters:
PG - Holiday
SG - Richardson
SF - Turner
PF - Hawes
C - Bynum

Bench:
PG - Ivey or Wayns (Rookie out of Nova. Supposedly he is tearing up training camp and could play himself into the rotation)
SG - Nick Young
SF - Wright/Thad Young
PF - Thad/Moultrie/Lavoy Allen
C - Kwame

There is no set starting rotation at this point so its a little hard to judge. They have a very deep, talented bench and I just have a feeling the two rookies are going to surprise some people. Bench rankings for me: Celtics, Knicks/76ers, Raptors, Nets

DoMeFavors
10-11-2012, 10:36 AM
You're saying Courtney Lee is starting over Avery Bradley when he returns?

Mirza is definitely above Reggie on the depth chart - Avery Johnson said it himself. I think our bench will surprise many people. Blatche has been tearing it up in training camp so far - at least 3 players have commented on him. Marshon is aiming for 6th man of year but I think Mirza might have an even better chance. CJ Watson was one of the best backup PG last year, we have Tyshawn Taylor behind him as well. Not too high on Childress - I think Toko Shengalia will take over that back up spot soon enough

That guy was a 2nd round pick I doubt he will even dress for games. He got like 7 fouls in 1 qrt during summer league

Rockice_8
10-11-2012, 10:46 AM
Boston has the best bench clearly. Brooklyn's bench is getting hated on alot when in reality it could be really good. Knicks bench is getting way overrated here.

Kidd is a spot up shooter at best these days.
Brewer has zero offensive game
Novak is nothing but a shooter
Kurt Thomas probably shouldn't even be in the league anymore
Camby is their best bench guy

Where's the fire power that all good benches need? I just don't see that 5 being that good. If Novak is off one night that bench has zero offensive firepower, something every good bench needs.

The Nets bench has a very good backup pg, multiple scoring threats that on any night can light it up in Brooks, Teletovic, and Blatche. How is that a bad bench? I'd take that over every bench outside of Boston's.

Philly's bench looks to be the worst in the division by far. The only guy's any good are the Young's. Royal Ivey, Kwame Brown, and Lavoy Allen are all terrible.

BOS
Brooklyn
Raps
Knicks
Philly

nycericanguy
10-11-2012, 10:53 AM
^ JR is on the bench too buddy...

so you basically point out any possible negatives about NY's bench, and then go on to praise BK's bench and ignore ANY negatives... way to not be biased. :rolleyes:

How about Mentioning that Mirza has never played an NBA game, how Blatche was passed over by 29 teams and is arguably the dumbest player in the NBA, not to mention one of the worst shooting big men in the NBA.

Or the fact that Watson is a score first PG, yet shoots pathetically under 40%?

You're very worried about NY's offense, yet where is BK's defense coming from on that bench? Blatche is pathetic on defense, so is Brooks, and Mirza is an unknown.

NY has plenty of offense with JR & Novak & Kidd setting it up./

DoMeFavors
10-11-2012, 10:54 AM
^ JR is on the bench too buddy...

so you basically point out any possible negatives about NY's bench, and then go on to praise BK's bench and ignore ANY negatives... way to not be biased. :rolleyes:

What negatives do Nets have? Nets dont have four 40 year olds on our bench that will be playing. What negative is there on our bench? :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Super.
10-11-2012, 10:58 AM
What negatives do Nets have? Nets dont have four 40 year olds on our bench that will be playing. What negative is there on our bench? :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Don't worry about it because it's not better than Boston's bench.

nycericanguy
10-11-2012, 11:00 AM

None... the Nets have comprised the most perfect bench in the history of the NBA! :worthy:

DoMeFavors
10-11-2012, 11:00 AM
Don't worry about it because it's not better than Boston's bench.

Bostons bench is so overated, Jeff Green is nothing to brag about. Jason Terry is way past his prime. And the other 2 are rookies, and a guy who is far from returning.

strahan92osi72
10-11-2012, 11:43 AM
This is gonna be comical this year when the Nets struggle to win 40 games and get an 8th seed. It really will be.

DoMeFavors
10-11-2012, 11:45 AM
This is gonna be comical this year when the Nets struggle to win 40 games and get an 8th seed. It really will be.

Are you at your job right now telling peoples future?

strahan92osi72
10-11-2012, 11:47 AM
Are you at your job right now telling peoples future?

No but I'm in teh real world, and in the real world the Nets are an average team at best. Adding Joe Johnson and a couple of role players doesn't make your team go from a lottery team to a contender, that's reality. And don't even try with Lopez is healthy, if anything that hurts your team because he's complete trash.

DoMeFavors
10-11-2012, 11:52 AM
No but I'm in teh real world, and in the real world the Nets are an average team at best. Adding Joe Johnson and a couple of role players doesn't make your team go from a lottery team to a contender, that's reality. And don't even try with Lopez is healthy, if anything that hurts your team because he's complete trash.

You lost your crediblity when you said Lopez was trash, he is known around the league as one of the best offensive centers. Also added Gerald Wallace and some nice players that could be good like Blatche,Brooks, Watson.

Chill_Will_24
10-11-2012, 11:53 AM
People just remember. If and when the Nets fail... save your backlash for DMF please

YoungOne
10-11-2012, 11:54 AM
dont want to sound like a homer, but our bench is the best.

TheIlladelph16
10-11-2012, 11:57 AM
People just remember. If and when the Nets fail... save your backlash for DMF please

I'm sure that will not be a problem. If the Nets finish any lower than 6-7 seed, I expect there is going to be countless threads dedicated to DMF. I'm all for confidence in your team... Most people, including myself, are going to overrate their own team out of natural bias which is fine. DMF takes it to a whole new level though.

As annoying as it can be sometimes, I truly do enjoy watching you post DMF. Every message board needs a few good trolls to keep things interesting and stir the pot, so thanks for that I guess.

strahan92osi72
10-11-2012, 11:59 AM
You lost your crediblity when you said Lopez was trash, he is known around the league as one of the best offensive centers. Also added Gerald Wallace and some nice players that could be good like Blatche,Brooks, Watson.

I'll take the first bold as a compliment coming from you. And like I said, a bunch of role players. Even Joe Johnson at this point in his career isn't a star anymore. Basically Deron and everyone else. Not enough to contend there Favors, sorry. Well maybe contend for the 8th seed but that's about it.

DoMeFavors
10-11-2012, 12:02 PM
I'll take the first bold as a compliment coming from you. And like I said, a bunch of role players. Even Joe Johnson at this point in his career isn't a star anymore. Basically Deron and everyone else. Not enough to contend there Favors, sorry. Well maybe contend for the 8th seed but that's about it.

Teams like Dallas did it with one star and role players, and Joe is a little better than a role player. Also Lopez and Wallace.

DoMeFavors
10-11-2012, 12:03 PM

Great attitude to have as a Nets fan, it seems like thats what you want to happend. You are never happy about the Nets. Always something is wrong, like that thread called "Cool Joe Johnson, real cool" or something along those lines.

strahan92osi72
10-11-2012, 12:03 PM
Teams like Dallas did it with one star and role players, and Joe is a little better than a role player. Also Lopez and Wallace.

....are role players....at best.

DoMeFavors
10-11-2012, 12:08 PM
....are role players....at best.

At best? so what are they if they arent role players whats below that? What are they in your opinion?

mets100%
10-11-2012, 12:11 PM
At best? so what are they if they arent role players whats below that? What are they in your opinion?
You're problem will be interior defense because Lopez and humpries suck on d. Teams will exploit that.

DoMeFavors
10-11-2012, 12:13 PM
You're problem will be interior defense because Lopez and humpries suck on d. Teams will exploit that.

There are no good centers in the league, so Nets dont have to worry about that. And its called playing zone.

strahan92osi72
10-11-2012, 12:14 PM
There are no good centers in the league, so Nets dont have to worry about that. And its called playing zone.

It's quotes like this that make me laugh when you say I have no credibility, especially the first part.

DoMeFavors
10-11-2012, 12:17 PM
It's quotes like this that make me laugh when you say I have no credibility, especially the first part.

No center has ever scored a lot on Brook except for Dwight

strahan92osi72
10-11-2012, 12:23 PM

Well let me spell it out for you, I'm not saying you won't be a decent team (40-44 wins), but you are not a threat at all like you say. Before this year your team was a 22 win team, you don't go from 22 wins to 50 wins with who you added. You didn't add anybody who's capable of raising your time to elite status. Sure you got better, but you weren't a 45 win team that got better, you were a 22 win team that got a little better. If you added Dwight, maybe I would take your team seriously, but I certainly don't.

DoMeFavors
10-11-2012, 12:26 PM
Well let me spell it out for you, I'm not saying you won't be a decent team (40-44 wins), but you are not a threat at all like you say. Before this year your team was a 22 win team, you don't go from 22 wins to 50 wins with who you added. You didn't add anybody who's capable of raising your time to elite status. Sure you got better, but you weren't a 45 win team that got better, you were a 22 win team that got a little better. If you added Dwight, maybe I would take your team seriously, but I certainly don't.

Well last year there was 66 games, now there is 16 more

knicks=love
10-11-2012, 12:27 PM

He's coming off the bench.

Who?

Only

Thanks for the new sig quote. It'll be updated when I'm home from class. This post is almost as bad as when CousinsEvansDuo said "it's not bad whether you make the shot, but by how close you are".

strahan92osi72
10-11-2012, 12:28 PM
Well last year there was 66 games, now there is 16 more

22-44 is a .333 winning percentage, so if you do the math and we had an 82 game season that's 28 wins, WOW.

strahan92osi72
10-11-2012, 12:30 PM
He's coming off the bench.

Thanks for the new sig quote. It'll be updated when I'm home from class. This post is almost as bad as when CousinsEvansDuo said "it's not bad whether you make the shot, but by how close you are".

Woodson's most recent quote about being one of the game's best sixth men answer this easily. The only way he starts is if Melo or Amare miss any time and they need the someone to pick up the slack offensively.

knicks=love
10-11-2012, 12:31 PM

You'll be seeing Bynum more this year so that will change.

DoMeFavors
10-11-2012, 12:31 PM
22-44 is a .333 winning percentage, so if you do the math and we had an 82 game season that's 28 wins, WOW.

Anything can happen, I mean did anyone expect the Bucks in 2010 to win almost 50 games?

knicks=love
10-11-2012, 12:32 PM
Woodson's most recent quote about being one of the game's best sixth men answer this easily. The only way he starts is if Melo or Amare miss any time and they need the someone to pick up the slack offensively.

No ****. I said he's coming off the bench. They've got enough scoring in the starting 5 so a defensive SG is the right move.

strahan92osi72
10-11-2012, 12:32 PM
Anything can happen, I mean did anyone expect the Bucks in 2010 to win almost 50 games?

Of course anything CAN happen, heck I can win the lottery and buy a team, but I tend to think more realistic.

DoMeFavors
10-11-2012, 12:34 PM
You'll be seeing Bynum more this year so that will change.

Bynum avg like 30 percent and 9 points against Lopez' "terrible d" and Lopez kills him everytime

DoMeFavors
10-11-2012, 12:35 PM
Of course anything CAN happen, heck I can win the lottery and buy a team, but I tend to think more realistic.

Very big difference of you winning the lottery and Nets winning 50 games.

strahan92osi72
10-11-2012, 12:36 PM
Very big difference of you winning the lottery and Nets winning 50 games.

LOL not really.

KnickaBocka.44
10-11-2012, 12:39 PM
Bostons bench is so overated, Jeff Green is nothing to brag about. Jason Terry is way past his prime. And the other 2 are rookies, and a guy who is far from returning.

What?!

First of all, there is only one rookie listed on the Celtics bench, Sullinger. Bradley is going into his third year and Darko has been in the league for 9-10 years.

Secondly, Terry may be getting older but he still produces at near the same level he has during his entire career. Being a lifetime 6th man has enabled him to ustain his production at a high level.

strahan92osi72
10-11-2012, 12:42 PM
What?!

First of all, there is only one rookie listed on the Celtics bench, Sullinger. Bradley is going into his third year and Darko has been in the league for 9-10 years.

Secondly, Terry may be getting older but he still produces at near the same level he has during his entire career. Being a lifetime 6th man has enabled him to ustain his production at a high level.

Haven't you heard, guys are old if they're old. Even if they play well at an old age they're old and that team is ****** they're stuck with them. Heck, I even heard that if you have a few guys at the end of the bench who are old then that team is not any good, eventhough those older guys won't play every game, even if their starting five has an average age of 27 and the first few guys off the bench are under 30.

knicks=love
10-11-2012, 12:44 PM
Bynum avg like 30 percent and 9 points against Lopez' "terrible d" and Lopez kills him everytime

And how many games can you base that number off of? When was the last time they even faced each other. Bynum proved (to me at least) that he's capable of being a force on offense and since they'll face each other 4 times this year, I give the major edge to Bynum.

What?!

What about fab melo..

KnickaBocka.44
10-11-2012, 12:47 PM
And how many games can you base that number off of? When was the last time they even faced each other. Bynum proved (to me at least) that he's capable of being a force on offense and since they'll face each other 4 times this year, I give the major edge to Bynum.

What about fab melo..

He wasn't listed in the OP in this thread so I assumed that DMF made a mistake (as usual) and thought Avery Bradley was a rookie or something . He is the 3rd C on the team behind KG and Darko and won't get much burn.

knicks=love
10-11-2012, 12:50 PM
He wasn't listed in the OP in this thread so I assumed that DMF made a mistake (as usual) and thought Avery Bradley was a rookie or something . He is the 3rd C on the team behind KG and Darko and won't get much burn.

He's still a rookie on the bench.. :shrug:

2-ONE-5
10-11-2012, 01:21 PM

ANDREW BYNUM says HELLO :superman:

Rockice_8
10-11-2012, 01:31 PM

What did the Knicks do that we have to bow down to them. They downgraded at PG, they added a few guys in the twilight of their career and now we are going to crown them a top seed in the east. The same problems that plagued NY last year are going to plague them again.

A couple of role players smh. . . I forgot the Knicks are loaded with stars :facepalm:

29$JerZ
10-11-2012, 01:35 PM
Not entirely sure what they are going to do, but I'd venture the rotation to be something like this:

Starters:
PG - Holiday
SG - Richardson
SF - Turner
PF - Hawes
C - Bynum

Bench:
PG - Ivey or Wayns (Rookie out of Nova. Supposedly he is tearing up training camp and could play himself into the rotation)
SG - Nick Young
SF - Wright/Thad Young
PF - Thad/Moultrie/Lavoy Allen
C - Kwame

There is no set starting rotation at this point so its a little hard to judge. They have a very deep, talented bench and I just have a feeling the two rookies are going to surprise some people. Bench rankings for me: Celtics, Knicks/76ers, Raptors, Nets

If that's the case I stand by my Boston - NY - Toronto - Philly - Brooklyn ranking for benches.

Glad you admitted Brook isn't a good Center

Bcounce13
10-11-2012, 01:56 PM
Wait people actually think the knick bench is good? They have an average age of like 50

knicks=love
10-11-2012, 02:31 PM
What did the Knicks do that we have to bow down to them. They downgraded at PG, they added a few guys in the twilight of their career and now we are going to crown them a top seed in the east. The same problems that plagued NY last year are going to plague them again.

A couple of role players smh. . . I forgot the Knicks are loaded with stars :facepalm:

Downgraded at PG? Please explain how we downgraded. Felton and Kidd obviously aren't the next coming of Stockton but Lin played no defense and had no left hand whatsoever. He was exploited against good defenses and couldn't even bring up the ball past half court (vs the heat).

But the nets are way better.. You're right. :rolleyes:

knicks=love
10-11-2012, 02:31 PM
Wait people actually think the knick bench is good? They have an average age of like 50

Why does age make then bad

Bcounce13
10-11-2012, 02:37 PM
Why does age make then bad?

Because its the truth

strahan92osi72
10-11-2012, 02:39 PM

They didn't downgrade at PG for your information. Lin was a turnover machine with no jump shot and no left hand whatsoever. I'd take Felton over Lin any day. The Knicks problem last year was the fact that they had no consistent PG at the position, it was a revolving door. Also, Melo AND Amare were hurt for significant portions of the season. Despite all those "problems" they were 36-30, leaps and bounds better than your team. They've gotten deeper, and yes, better at the PG position too. Both problems seem fixed, they will win 50 games barring major injuries. Your team did not improve that much, Joe Johnson, your second option is in his twilight years since you mentioned it, and he's making a fortune. I'd rather have my 13th-15th players on the team be in their twilight rather than my second option on the team.

mets100%
10-11-2012, 02:40 PM
Nets bench is not good. Knicks have a solid bench. Boston has the best bench in the division.

strahan92osi72
10-11-2012, 02:40 PM

Because its the truth

How much age do Smith, Novak, and Shump have on them. Last I checked they were under 30, what an old bench.:facepalm:

KnickaBocka.44
10-11-2012, 02:46 PM
He's still a rookie on the bench.. :shrug:

He is a rookie on the bench, this much is true. But since the thread was comparing the second five of each team, Fab Melo had never been mentioned, and everyone else in the thread was operating under the same premise I was I figured that DMF had simply misspoke because that happens pretty frequently.

DMasta718
10-11-2012, 02:55 PM

Because its the truth

You literally make no sense. Stick to lurking.

Anyway, Celtics still has the best bench in the Atlantic.

DoMeFavors
10-11-2012, 03:04 PM
LOL not really.

Well it is what it is then, Deron and Joe have been on 50 win teams and have been the best players on their team. Gerald Wallace aswell has been on 50 win teams.

KnickaBocka.44
10-11-2012, 03:16 PM
Well it is what it is then, Deron and Joe have been on 50 win teams and have been the best players on their team. Gerald Wallace aswell has been on 50 win teams.

I see what you did there. That's cute. That was 9 years ago and he wasn't a factor in them winning 50 games at all, it literally could have been anyone else and it wouldn't have made a difference.

DoMeFavors
10-11-2012, 03:19 PM
I see what you did there. That's cute. That was 9 years ago and he wasn't a factor in them winning 50 games at all, it literally could have been anyone else and it wouldn't have made a difference.

Still as the best player on the Bobcats a couple years ago they had over 40 wins.

Bcounce13
10-11-2012, 04:24 PM
4 guys on the Knicks bench over 38 is going to help? Age does make a difference I'm sorry to break it to you

justinnum1
10-11-2012, 04:31 PM
Boston

doesn't matter after that

knicks=love
10-11-2012, 05:57 PM

Because its the truth

:clap: great response. you sure know how to debate when involved in a disagreement!

KnickaBocka.44
10-11-2012, 07:51 PM
4 guys on the Knicks bench over 38 is going to help? Age does make a difference I'm sorry to break it to you

You arent telling us anything new, but sometimes it makes a difference in a way that is contradictory to your argument. Experience is always a good thing, especially come playoff time.

Bcounce13
10-11-2012, 09:05 PM
I agree with the experience 100 percent but 4 guys at that age is a big risk don't you think? Could work out if they stay healthy

nycericanguy
10-11-2012, 09:16 PM

who cares? only 2 of those guys will actually play. the rest of the bench that will play is young.

brewer, JR & Novak... and Novak damn 7-7 from 3 point range tonight... picking up where he left off last year.

Super.
10-11-2012, 11:30 PM

Really? Green? The guy who had 4.4 and 6.6 Win Shares on terrible OKC teams?
The guy who averages 14 ppg for his career? Who's versatile enough to play SF and PF? Terry? the SG more efficient from beyond the arc than your STARTING SG? Avery Bradley? The one who played shut down defense on Dwayne Wade? Sullinger? A bona fide top 5 lotto pick in terms of talent that fell because he had supposed back issues? Darko and Wilcox are better than any backup big man the Nets have too.

Your argument is weak sonny. Try again.

Bcounce13
10-11-2012, 11:50 PM
Easy there I honestly think Celtic Knicks and nets benches could all be really good but also have a lot of question marks

Bcounce13
10-11-2012, 11:50 PM
Wait and see I guess

NYKjayBalla
10-12-2012, 11:27 AM
This poll is a little off because that is NOT the knicks bench for now or the forseeable future. The knicks bench for the majority if the season will look kore kike

Jason Kidd
J.R. Smith
Ronnie Brewer
Steve Novak
Marcus Camby

Most definitely a better lineup subbing J.R. for Kurt and more balanced offense at the 2 and 4 defense at the 3 and 5 with a balanced veteran PG running the show

DR_1
10-14-2012, 03:21 PM

Since when is CJ a passing PG and Blatche a scorer :laugh:

Punk
10-14-2012, 05:15 PM
I'd say NY right now simply because pre-season or not, Boston played their entire team plus starters while NY won without using JR, Brewer, Shumpert, Camby.

On paper:

1. Boston
2. NY
3. Brooklyn
4. Philly
5. Toronto

Philly played well with no Bynum, Wright or Richardson last night. I like Toronto's Lowry, Calderon, Lucas backcourt. Ross looks good, DeRozan looks okay.

knicks=love
10-14-2012, 05:34 PM
I'd say NY right now simply because pre-season or not, Boston played their entire team plus starters while NY won without using JR, Brewer, Shumpert, Camby.

On paper:

1. Boston
2. NY
3. Brooklyn
4. Philly
5. Toronto

Philly played well with no Bynum, Wright or Richardson last night. I like Toronto's Lowry, Calderon, Lucas backcourt. Ross looks good, DeRozan looks okay.

preseason doesn't mean anything.. just like the fact that lopez grabbed 9 boards last night. preseason is preseason.

ohreally
10-14-2012, 09:40 PM
If I was judging on careers, Knicks by far, but,

Boston
Brooklyn
Philly
New York
Toronto

KnicksR4Real
10-14-2012, 10:03 PM
baha @domefavors

koreancabbage
10-14-2012, 10:41 PM
Who?

Only

I wouldn't even say the Raps bench is good but Calderon, Amir Johnson, Klieza, Ed Davis, Terrence Ross, plus Toronto's bench's bench of John Lucas, Alan Anderson, Dominic Mcguire, Quincy Acy, Aaron Gray...

...would take on the Nets bench and sweep them in a 7 game series.

xxplayerxx23
10-14-2012, 10:56 PM
If I was judging on careers, Knicks by far, but,

Boston
Brooklyn
Philly
New York
Toronto

how the hell is Bk aheadof NY and philly.