PDA

View Full Version : If Chris Bosh is playing Center for the Heat, then wouldnt he start over Bynum in ASG

JordansBulls
10-10-2012, 06:48 PM
If Chris Bosh is playing Center for the Heat, then wouldnt he start over Bynum in Allstar Game for the East?

Is Chris Bosh not more popular than Andrew Bynum?

Who do you think would probably start at Center based on votes?

Cal827
10-10-2012, 06:49 PM
Bynum. When the Lakers fans aren't voting their whole damn roster in, some extra votes will probably go Bynum's way.

Nick O
10-10-2012, 06:50 PM
Would Bosh be labeled under center? hmm either way I go with him..

davids22
10-10-2012, 06:51 PM
Eh, while most of the All-Star game is popularity, I think most sensible fans would agree that Bynum>>>Bosh in terms of talent. And a lot of people hate the Heat and might not vote for Bosh because of it. Hell I could see KG going ahead of Bosh. I mean, Lebron and Wade will get to the game just because they're Lebron and Wade. But Bosh? Probably a reserve. Doubt he starts.

Hawkeye15
10-10-2012, 06:52 PM
Bynum is better at center, but Bosh can obviously play both frontcourt positions. I really don't get why Bosh needs to be labeled at a certain position anyways. A lot of guys move back and forth.

JordansBulls
10-10-2012, 06:53 PM
Would Bosh be labeled under center? hmm either way I go with him..

I would think so. He is playing Center this year, why wouldn't he be labeled as a center?

yonkerschampX4
10-10-2012, 06:54 PM
I'm a heat fan I picked andrew. Bosh didn't start last yr. Like he cares , I don't , who does ?

JNoel
10-10-2012, 06:55 PM
Bynum. When the Lakers fans aren't voting their whole damn roster in, some extra votes will probably go Bynum's way.

This, being a Heat fan, and East for that matter, I want to see a legit center and not Bosh. Bosh is mostly used in a lineup that uses particularly small lineup, and I would rather not see Dwight and Kevin Love kill Bosh on the boards in the allstar game.

abe_froman
Bynum is better at center, but Bosh can obviously play both frontcourt positions. I really don't get why Bosh needs to be labeled at a certain position anyways. A lot of guys move back and forth.

so people can vote for him:shrug:

and yes,if he gets the most votes he would...it'll be an interesting race between him and bynum

mikekhelxD
Chris Bosh got 320k+ votes last year, Bynum got 1m+. Sure, center position is thin compared to the forwards, but who then hell knows really? Just wait it out. It's the fans voting anyway. If coaches votes the players in for the starters and the rest, then maybe it will means something.

Lakers4life08
10-10-2012, 06:56 PM
Bosh is not very popular,he played for some student team in Canada,and now he is in Wade and Lebron shadow,no one cares about bosh,its all Wade and James,if Sixers will do well,Bynum deff will be starter in Allstar game

JasonJohnHorn
10-10-2012, 06:57 PM
Well... I think it depends on what kind of numbers they are putting up... and how many fans there are in Philly vs. Miami. Homers always vote for their players, but casual fans/fans of the game, or fans from other markets that don't have a viable option for center, they are really the ones who decide who makes that All-Star game starting line-up.

I expect that Bosh will be playing PF though.

Hawkeye15
10-10-2012, 06:58 PM
so people can vote for him:shrug:

and yes,if he gets the most votes he would...it'll be an interesting race between him and bynum

I really don't think Bosh gets more votes. If he is listed as a C, he still needs to fight off Lopez (yes, he will get votes being in NY), Chandler, Hibbert, and Bynum. Even KG will get votes, lots of them.

Chronz
10-10-2012, 07:04 PM
They wont label him as a Center ala Tim Duncan

Hawkeye15
10-10-2012, 07:05 PM
They wont label him as a Center ala Tim Duncan

so he hits the all star ballot as a PF is what you are saying? Yes, I agree.

JasonJohnHorn
10-10-2012, 07:08 PM
I keep thinking of Bosh playing center, and I'm reminded of when the Shaqtus went off on him for like 50 points! ....he'd just get eaten alive by big guys... but, fortunately for Miami, there are not a lot of big guys like Shaq in the league now.... Bynum may abuse Bosh in a one-on-one match up, but not a lot of other guys would.

Im_in_Mia_bish
10-10-2012, 07:09 PM
bosh and bynum would start imo

THE MTL
10-10-2012, 07:12 PM
He might not be listed at center on the ballot. I remember back when David Lee played center for the knicks, he was still listed as a PF.

xxplayerxx23
10-10-2012, 07:13 PM
A healthy Bynum is better :shrug:

Hawkeye15
10-10-2012, 07:15 PM
A healthy Bynum is better :shrug:

since when has that mattered? A nice amount of starters that have been on the all star teams have players in the league better. How many years did Vince start due to his early dunking ability over better players? It happens..

LoveMeOrHateMe
10-10-2012, 07:26 PM
Bynum>bosh

xxplayerxx23
10-10-2012, 07:27 PM
since when has that mattered? A nice amount of starters that have been on the all star teams have players in the league better. How many years did Vince start due to his early dunking ability over better players? It happens..

You are right, I just feel like he is going to go off enough to take the starting center spot easy..

topdog
10-10-2012, 07:28 PM
I would think so. He is playing Center this year, why wouldn't he be labeled as a center?

Duncan has been listed as PF for years despite playing center.

C-Style
10-10-2012, 07:30 PM
I think the fans would wanna see a real center

TheNumber37
10-10-2012, 07:39 PM
Williams
wade
James
melo
Bynum (lopez or Chandler if there is an injury)

Im_in_Mia_bish
10-10-2012, 07:48 PM
Deron
Wade
Bron
Bosh
Bynum

Bench:
Hondo
KJ
Melo
Hibbert/Lopez
Johnson

Assuming rose is injured.

Ebbs
10-10-2012, 07:51 PM
Whether he does or doesn't get on the ballot as a center Bynum still wins. Bynum gets to be a #1 option and will get mentioned every day on the networks for his part in the dwight trade.

beasted86
10-10-2012, 07:51 PM

Go ask the ASG committee why Duncan is still a PF then.

beasted86
10-10-2012, 07:54 PM
I keep thinking of Bosh playing center, and I'm reminded of when the Shaqtus went off on him for like 50 points! ....he'd just get eaten alive by big guys... but, fortunately for Miami, there are not a lot of big guys like Shaq in the league now.... Bynum may abuse Bosh in a one-on-one match up, but not a lot of other guys would.

Not to dish on Raptors, but Bosh is playing for the HEAT, not on the defensive equivalent to a girl's soccer team. Wherever Bosh plays, he's getting help from the other 4 positions and that's why he has succeeded most nights defensively and improved overall on that end.

ATX
10-10-2012, 08:01 PM
Bosh is not very popular,he played for some student team in Canada,and now he is in Wade and Lebron shadow,no one cares about bosh,its all Wade and James,if Sixers will do well,Bynum deff will be starter in Allstar game

Yet Bosh still is a perennial All Star. Popularity? His game gets him the selection.

JordansBulls
10-10-2012, 08:10 PM
Chris Bosh got 320k+ votes last year, Bynum got 1m+. Sure, center position is thin compared to the forwards, but who then hell knows really? Just wait it out. It's the fans voting anyway. If coaches votes the players in for the starters and the rest, then maybe it will means something.

Can't use that logic because Bosh was competing against Lebron and Melo while Bynum was competing against no one.

N3TS
10-10-2012, 08:20 PM
I don't know if he will be categorized as a Center, similar to how Duncan was categorized a couple years ago as a Forward when he was logging most of his minutes at the Center.

Dade County
10-10-2012, 08:50 PM
This is going to be a funny season...

What if Bosh out performs Bynum at the center position :laugh2:

lol

To answer the OP question.... I am sure that Bynum will be the starting Cenetr for the East.

theheatles
10-10-2012, 10:43 PM
this is what they should do for this season since Rose will most likely be out:

PG LeBron
SG Wade
SF Melo
PF Bosh
C Bynum

JordansBulls
10-11-2012, 05:34 PM
So are you voting on because Bynum is better or because you think Bynum will get more votes for Center if both are listed as such?

jerellh528
10-11-2012, 05:49 PM
this is what they should do for this season since Rose will most likely be out:

PG LeBron
SG Wade
SF Melo
PF Bosh
C Bynum

why do people always do this? lol lebron is not a pg.

BKLYNpigeon
10-11-2012, 05:53 PM
who cares, NBA Allstar game is a joke.

justinnum1
10-11-2012, 06:03 PM
bynum probably.

JordansBulls
10-21-2012, 06:48 PM
who cares, NBA Allstar game is a joke.

As far as the game itself or the selection of players?