PDA

View Full Version : Shaq admits on Open Court that he .....

dh144498
10-10-2012, 04:27 PM
was not the 1st option in L.A.

On NBA Open Court, Shaq's complaining about Howard has reached ridiculous levels. He has stated that he was NOT the first option on the Lakers to prove a point that Dwight is not producing well enough. He says it was all cause of the triangle and he took advantage, but believes he WASN'T the first option.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPZa-N4R0kQ

I can't believe shaq hates dwight so much he's willing to say he wasn't the number 1 option in L.A....................................

Shaq Fu has officially lost his mind.

JNoel
10-10-2012, 04:29 PM
Shaqmare.

netsgiantsyanks
10-10-2012, 04:31 PM
shaq really needs to shut the **** up.

NYYCowboys
10-10-2012, 04:38 PM
Maybe Shaq and Dwight have a deal in place where Shaq ridiculously slanders him all the time to make Dwight look better and restore his reputation? :shrug:

Hawkeye15
10-10-2012, 04:38 PM
Despite Shaq's claims, not only was he the #1 option, he was the #1 concern of the defense everytime he stepped on the floor.

Shaq, my god dude. We get it, you are going to do anything possible to slight the Lakers, Dwight Howard, and anything in between.

dh144498
10-10-2012, 04:39 PM
it's official, Shaq rode Kobe's coat tails for his 3 titles. hahahahaha

Andrew32
10-10-2012, 04:46 PM
I love Shaq but 90% of what he says to the media is not true and it has always been like that.

Byronicle
10-10-2012, 04:48 PM
i wonder who would win in a fight

RaiderLakersA's
10-10-2012, 04:50 PM
Shaq is full of ****.

I get that the Triangle doesn't necessarily identify a primary ball handler/controller, and that favorable results hinge on fluidity and crisp ball movement...but when your 5 makes their 5 look like a damn decimal point, there is no way in hell you're not the #1 option.

Mr_Jones
10-10-2012, 04:59 PM
Where's it say that?

Chronz
10-10-2012, 05:04 PM
LOL there gos that argument

TheSource
10-10-2012, 05:09 PM
I love this show.

JordansBulls
10-10-2012, 05:21 PM
Shaq is a ******.

heyman321
10-10-2012, 05:28 PM
It's true he wasn't.....Rick Fox was.

Nick O
10-10-2012, 05:31 PM
shaq is so dumb

Andrew32
10-10-2012, 05:32 PM
shaq is so dumb

Shaq is a certified doctor... he isn't dumb.

ThunderousDemon
10-10-2012, 05:35 PM
Shaq is a certified doctor... he isn't dumb.

Shut up Andrew, go sit in a corner.

Bruno
10-10-2012, 05:41 PM
you either admit you're wrong, or you keep digging the well.

shaq is very prideful, he'll dig his way straight through china before he backtracks. ego.

RaiderLakersA's
10-10-2012, 05:41 PM

No, no...I'm pretty sure it was Shea Seals. Or maybe it was John Celestand?

In any event, it wasn't Shaq. Please ignore any and all stats referring to his touches per game. They're all a well-crafted special fx courtesy of an anonymous Hollywood studio. Shaq, the Big CGI/ILM.

smith&wesson
10-10-2012, 05:43 PM

this :clap:

RaiderLakersA's
10-10-2012, 05:46 PM

I'm surprised that ESPN hasn't already put up an article to that effect.

8kobe24
10-10-2012, 05:48 PM
Damn Snaq, you've lost your damn mind.

Andrew32
10-10-2012, 05:50 PM
Damn Snaq, you've lost your damn mind.
"Shaq" resurrected your franchise and was the primary force behind 3 banners in the Staples Center.

Show him some respect you dimwit and call him by his proper name.

Munkeysuit
10-10-2012, 05:51 PM
How many of you hold a doctorates? How many of you have a degree in Marketing? How many of you even have a degree of any type? ...even own a stick of degree deodorant? ...thought so, Shaquille Oneal is smarter than most of you make him out to be, most of you see this is some bizarre ranting of a has been superstar, I see it as a business trying to stay open, a business trying to stay relevant ...and doing a damn good job at it to.
Shaq's latest rant is just a ploy to to kill 2 birds with one stone, "who was the man in LA?" has been one of the most debated topics for years now, even ending up with Shaq's famous "how's my ***** taste" lyrics to his freestyle to mock Kobe...now with all of the attention focusing on the Mamba and LA once again, Shaq was a new plan of attack, make himself look like he was second fiddle so everyone will finally come out and say that he (Oneal) was the man in LA during those championship years.
Pretty genius if you ask me ...can't get nothing by me Shaq!

netsgiantsyanks
10-10-2012, 05:52 PM
"Shaq" resurrected your franchise and was the primary force behind 3 banners in the Staples Center.

Show him some respect you dimwit and call him by his proper name.

what does that have to do with him losing his mind?

Shlumpledink
10-10-2012, 05:52 PM
So Kobe won 3peated as the first option on the lakers? Kobe haters everywhere are even going to call Shaq wrong here.

I Rock Shaqs
10-10-2012, 05:54 PM
Who cares Shaq wouldn't have done it without Kobe and Kobe wouldn't have done it without Shaq. never knew why people got so mad about it all.

MagicBucsSox
10-10-2012, 05:55 PM
Fact is Demarcus cousins is #3. Case can be made for #2 depending on he and Bynums season.

lakeshow2012
10-10-2012, 05:56 PM
he couldn't even answer reggie miller's question. stop trying to stay better than everyone shaq...like dwight said, "YOUR TIME IS UP"

RaiderLakersA's
10-10-2012, 06:01 PM
How many of you hold a doctorates? How many of you have a degree in Marketing? How many of you even have a degree of any type? ...even own a stick of degree deodorant? ...thought so, Shaquille Oneal is smarter than most of you make him out to be, most of you see this is some bizarre ranting of a has been superstar, I see it as a business trying to stay open, a business trying to stay relevant ...and doing a damn good job at it to.
Shaq's latest rant is just a ploy to to kill 2 birds with one stone, "who was the man in LA?" has been one of the most debated topics for years now, even ending up with Shaq's famous "how's my ***** taste" lyrics to his freestyle to mock Kobe...now with all of the attention focusing on the Mamba and LA once again, Shaq was a new plan of attack, make himself look like he was second fiddle so everyone will finally come out and say that he (Oneal) was the man in LA during those championship years.
Pretty genius if you ask me ...can't get nothing by me Shaq!

Nice try, but no.

I agree that Shaq is trying his damnedest to remain relevant. However, I disagree with the premise that he needs to do that in order to accomplish that end.

As for his Ph.D., it's his comments, not the opines of others, that make one question what a Ph. D. in Leadership and Education with a specialization in Human Resource Development from Barry University truly means. :D

J4KOP99
10-10-2012, 06:07 PM
this is being replayed right now on NBATV and I honestly can't believe how dumb shaq sounds... I've heard him say dumb things here and there but this entire show is just shaq being idiotic.

It's actually frustrating to listen to.

Forget the shaq v. dwight stuff... clearly he just doesn't like dwight and that's fine. But the other stuff is just absurd.

Kashmir13579
10-10-2012, 06:22 PM
Yeah but its not like he said Kobe was the #1 option. I was actually watching this. Shaq made me laugh.

Kashmir13579
10-10-2012, 06:23 PM
this is being replayed right now on NBATV and I honestly can't believe how dumb shaq sounds... I've heard him say dumb things here and there but this entire show is just shaq being idiotic.

It's actually frustrating to listen to.

Forget the shaq v. dwight stuff... clearly he just doesn't like dwight and that's fine. But the other stuff is just absurd.

lol he made some valid points.

JasonJohnHorn
10-10-2012, 06:41 PM
When I read Shaq's autobiography he touched on this a little. He didn't say he wasn't the first option, but he did say that the triangle got Kobe a lot of shots.

That said, from 97-00, Shaq was the first option. In 01, Shaq and Kobe both average 28 points a game... during that time, the triangle was essentially run for Kobe, and Shaq would often just get plays run for him when he got position in the post. In 02, Shaq missed a big part of the season and Kobe was, for most of the season the first option, but when Shaq was playing, Shaq got the ball more. In 03, Kobe lead the Lakers in scoring... he was the first option, as he was in 04 as well (though o4 is was much clearly that it was a Kobe-first offence).

That was the REGULAR SEASON though... when the playoff rolled around... it was a different story. From 97-02, Shaq was the first option every time.

Shaq does have a point here. The triangle helped Kobe more than it helped Shaq. All Shaq needed was for somebody to throw the ball down to him when he got position.

This of course has NOTHING to do with Howard being better than Lopez and Bynum and also having more of a post game than Shaq is giving him credit for.

JasonJohnHorn
10-10-2012, 06:45 PM
Who cares Shaq wouldn't have done it without Kobe and Kobe wouldn't have done it without Shaq. never knew why people got so mad about it all.

Shaq could have done it without Kobe. He got to the finals without Kobe in Orlando, and won without Kone in Miami. If he had just had Nick Van Exel and Eddie Jones to go along with Robert Horry, Rick Fox, Horance Grant/AC Green and Ron Harper with Brian Shaw and Derrick Fisher, LA would still have titles...

RaiderLakersA's
10-10-2012, 06:51 PM
Shaq could have done it without Kobe. He got to the finals without Kobe in Orlando, and won without Kone in Miami. If he had just had Nick Van Exel and Eddie Jones to go along with Robert Horry, Rick Fox, Horance Grant/AC Green and Ron Harper with Brian Shaw and Derrick Fisher, LA would still have titles...

Check the Lakers rosters circa 1996 - 2001. Now take Kobe off...and add back in Van Ex and/or Eddie J. where appropriate. After you're done, wait for FTD to deliver bouquet of roses from the Spurs and Kings and Pacers and TrailBlazers and Nets and pretty much everyone else the Lakers defeated...because there is no way in hell they win titles without Kobe.

RaiderLakersA's
10-10-2012, 06:53 PM
Oh and rinse and repeat for his time in Miami...only take Wade off of the team. The Mavs will have a special place in their hearts for you.

Let's not get too crazy about what Shaq could do without a top tier 2 guard.

Mr_Jones
10-10-2012, 06:54 PM
LOL at "Oh, well, Shaq has degrees!"

Do you honestly, truly think he did all of the work for his masters? Or even his marketing degree? Really?

What about his honorary cop thing he had? Do you think he went through the whole process to become one of those either?

SNAQ (Andrew, you better stop crying) has probably had to work very partially for his degrees as compared to the rest of the population who has degrees. And even having those degrees, does NOT make you an intelligent person in the least bit. I know plenty of people who are "smart" like that, but are complete dumbasses.

Andrew32
10-10-2012, 06:58 PM
What about his honorary cop thing he had? Do you think he went through the whole process to become one of those either?

If you read his book he actually did have to go through the normal cop training.
He put in mad work to get that status... don't assume things if you don't know.

:facepalm:

Andrew32
10-10-2012, 07:00 PM
Let's not get too crazy about what Shaq could do without a top tier 2 guard.

Stupid logic.
Kobe was not even on the same level as Prime Pippen in 00 and 02.

00 Kobe = 21 / 4.5 / 4.5 on 51%TS
02 Kobe = 26 / 4.5 / 4apg on 52%TS
92 Pippen = 20 / 9 / 7apg on 54%TS + way better defensive impact

In the early 00's you could have replaced Kobe with Ray Allen, Vince Carter, T-Mac and possibly even Iverson and gotten similar results.

No one wins alone.
Jordan doesn't win without Pippen.
Shaq doesn't win without Kobe.

Doesn't change the fact that both were sidekicks for those titles.

Playoff PER

A's (Main Star) :
Shaq (00-02) : 29
Jordan (91-93 + 96-98) : 28.53

B's (Side-Kicks) :
Kobe (00-02) : 21
Pippen (91-93 + 96-98) : 19.5

C-Style
10-10-2012, 07:14 PM

On NBA Open Court, Shaq's complaining about Howard has reached ridiculous levels. He has stated that he was NOT the first option on the Lakers to prove a point that Dwight is not producing well enough. He says it was all cause of the triangle and he took advantage, but believes he WASN'T the first option.

I can't believe shaq hates dwight so much he's willing to say he wasn't the number 1 option in L.A....................................

And there it is... Shaq rode Kobe's coat tails to three titles

C-Style
10-10-2012, 07:16 PM

Kobe did without Shaq, He won with Gasol, he could have won with Garnett, Dirk, Randolph, Webber, Duncan.

Teeboy1487
10-10-2012, 07:16 PM
I have loss so much respect from Shaq over the years. I use to be more angry at Kobe back in the day. I did not realize what kind of tool Shaq was. Shaq is such an ***. He was clearly the number 1 option. I watched nearly every minute he was here. What a dumbass.

ztilzer31
10-10-2012, 07:18 PM
Stupid logic.

In the early 00's you could have replaced Kobe with Ray Allen, Vince Carter, T-Mac and possibly even Iverson and gotten similar results.

No one wins alone.

:clap::clap::clap:

I agree that Shaq wouldn't of won them without Kobe, but Shaq was by far the dominant force on that court night in and night out. He dominated the finals, and most of the regular season. Kobe was good, but he was not the guy you were worried about when the Lakers came to town. You'd take 30 and 5 from Kobe before you'll take 40 and 20 from Shaq any day of the week.

Mr_Jones
10-10-2012, 07:18 PM
If you read his book he actually did have to go through the normal cop training.
He put in mad work to get that status... don't assume things if you don't know.

:facepalm:

No, no, no you're right. You're the best.

Way to be there for Snaq. :clap:

Andrew32
10-10-2012, 07:19 PM
Kobe did without Shaq, He won with Gasol, he could have won with Garnett, Dirk, Randolph, Webber, Duncan.
Shaq was a much better player then Kobe.
He won a Title with one low level All-Star (00 Kobe) + roleplayers in the early 00's West.

Kobe at his best won a Title with a high level All-Star (09 Gasol) + a low level All-Star (09 Odom) + roleplayers in the late 00's West which was much weaker then the early 00's West.

3RDASYSTEM
10-10-2012, 07:31 PM
Calm down its called tv/entertainment

SHAQ doesnt play both sides of the fence anymore, he's strictly entertainment hollywood at its finest

so he's strictly looking for reaction/ratings

he also spoke freely of being a freemason on nbatv

how come that didnt get no pub?

now i hope CHRONZ dont find this post of mine since i only speak on IVERSON

well he wont since i dont be saying nothing of substance anyhow and people dont read it

congrats

3RDASYSTEM
10-10-2012, 07:33 PM
agreed ANDREW32

low level allstar is equivalent to a 'backup guard turned allstar''

see how it all works out just diff. word play with it?

Hawkeye15
10-10-2012, 07:37 PM

hahaha

JasonJohnHorn
10-10-2012, 07:48 PM
Check the Lakers rosters circa 1996 - 2001. Now take Kobe off...and add back in Van Ex and/or Eddie J. where appropriate. After you're done, wait for FTD to deliver bouquet of roses from the Spurs and Kings and Pacers and TrailBlazers and Nets and pretty much everyone else the Lakers defeated...because there is no way in hell they win titles without Kobe.

Look.. I don't mean it as a knock on Kobe. It's just that Shaq was THAT dominant.

Had they not even had Kobe to start with... they would have had Eddie Jones and Nick Van Exel starting in the back court... then Ron Harper shows up with Brian Shaw, and and Derrick Fisher, and that back-court rotation is set. With Fick Fox at SF and AC Green at PF and Horry coming off the bench... that team is good enough to win a title. I am in no way trying to say that Eddie Jones or Van Exel were comparable to Kobe, I just believe that Shaq was THAT dominant.

I don't think they would have won 3... but they still would have won. And had they had another player in place of Kobe to go along with that roster... then that opens up other possibilities.

Shaq was going to win in LA. There was no stopping that. It's just a matter of how much and who with.

C-Style
10-10-2012, 07:52 PM
Shaq was a much better player then Kobe.
He won a Title with one low level All-Star (00 Kobe) + roleplayers in the early 00's West.

Kobe at his best won a Title with a high level All-Star (09 Gasol) + a low level All-Star (09 Odom) + roleplayers in the late 00's West which was much weaker then the early 00's West.

Shaq was a great player for his position. Kobe is great at his.

Shaq could only dream of having such skill set, While Kobe can only dream of dominating the paint like Shaq

Andrew32
10-10-2012, 07:57 PM
Shaq was a great player for his position. Kobe is great at his.

Shaq could only dream of having such skill set, While Kobe can only dream of dominating the paint like Shaq

Fair enough and both are Top 10 players All-Time.
Can't get much better then that irregardless of who we rank higher.

LakersOrNothing
10-10-2012, 08:00 PM
Breaking news!

Lakers announced that they will no longer retire Shaqs jersey after the fuel between him and 3-time defensive player of the year, Dwight Howard.

Shaqnation source: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0

:ouch:

Andrew32
10-10-2012, 08:01 PM
Breaking news!

Lakers announced that they will no longer retire Shaqs jersey after the fuel between him and 3-time defensive player of the year, Dwight Howard.

Shaqnation source: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0

:ouch:

Wow... how can they do that to Shaq after all he did for the franchise.
They are pathetic. :facepalm:

LakersOrNothing
10-10-2012, 08:04 PM
Wow... how can they do that to Shaq after all he did for the franchise.
They are pathetic. :facepalm:

As a Lakers fan, I am very sadden :catfight:

dh144498
10-10-2012, 08:24 PM

1st bold: And Kobe did it without shaq too so it goes either way. Except Kobe won more without shaq than the other way around.
2nd bold: the refs won that one for Miami.

dh144498
10-10-2012, 08:29 PM
Stupid logic.

No one wins alone.

U mad your idol Shaq admitted on national television that he wasn't the first option. :laugh2::laugh2:

Andrew32
10-10-2012, 08:30 PM
U mad your idol Shaq admitted on national television that he wasn't the first option. :laugh2::laugh2:

You're right.
Kobe carried Shaq even in 2000.

Kobe = Gawd! ;)

ldawg
10-10-2012, 10:00 PM
I always thought Shaq was a big decoy. He proved it. Rings are won with execution in the last 5 min of a game. Thats when Shaq fades. Hack a Shaq was a big no no at that time of the Game. Penny,Kobe,Wade all played very big roles playing with Shaq. Shaq was a beast but without that closer he would not have won. So yes although he was the First option he was not that option when it really mattered.

ldawg
10-10-2012, 10:04 PM
Ha ha Shaq o meal can add another name to his collection. The big decoy

mikekhelxD
10-10-2012, 10:24 PM
So, from that video, Shaq did say Howard is the best big man if you see the center position as the "new style."

I mean come on, don't lie. Howard is not your traditional center. Shaq's logic can be applied on PSD NBA Forum never ending "PG Elite" issue. Most posters don't consider the new style of play by the new generations PGs, and Shaq is pretty much saying the same thing about the Center position.

Andrew32
10-10-2012, 11:58 PM
I always thought Shaq was a big decoy. He proved it. Rings are won with execution in the last 5 min of a game. Thats when Shaq fades. Hack a Shaq was a big no no at that time of the Game. Penny,Kobe,Wade all played very big roles playing with Shaq. Shaq was a beast but without that closer he would not have won. So yes although he was the First option he was not that option when it really mattered.
Shaq was the 1st option down the stretch of games.
He never "faded" at anytime during a game.

Hack-A-Shaq was not an effective strategy which is why it was very rarely used (and it was never effective).

There is no such thing as "closers" do you really think Shaq wasn't involved in the offense down the stretch of games?

Shaq led the 00-02 Lakers in 4th Q scoring.

By the way despite what you may or may not believe points scored in the first Q are just as valuable as points scored in the 4th Q.

Games are won over 48 minutes and the last 5 minutes aren't special.

What Shaq needed to contend was some consistent offensive support so that teams couldn't just focus on making him give up the ball or focus on shutting down his teammates and letting him get his.

He didn't need anyone to score for him at the end of games and he normally did it himself.

Go rewatch some old Laker playoff games and then come and tell me Shaq isn't scoring in the Final minutes of games.
You really don't know what you're talking about.
You're just a Shaq hater pushing bogus myth's to try and downplay his dominance.

Evolution23
10-11-2012, 02:07 AM
Despite Shaq's claims, not only was he the #1 option, he was the #1 concern of the defense everytime he stepped on the floor.

Shaq, my god dude. We get it, you are going to do anything possible to slight the Lakers, Dwight Howard, and anything in between.

Shaq is just scared that Dwight might come close to touching his crown in LA. Also he doesn't want Kobe winning another ring.

tapajafri
10-11-2012, 02:23 AM
Lol cmon shaq. Everyone knows you were the first option. Everyone knows Kobe was nothing but 2nd fiddle. Lets be real, shaq. You were that team. You were the leader, the frontrunner, the MAN... You were BIG BROTHER and kobe was little brother.

ewmania
10-11-2012, 02:51 AM
he wasn't the first option

samaki walker was

Greedy22
10-11-2012, 03:04 AM
it's official, Shaq rode Kobe's coat tails for his 3 titles. hahahahaha :laugh2: Shaq is trollin, the Dr. knows what he's doing, all marketing baby

ldawg
10-11-2012, 07:09 AM
Look.. I don't mean it as a knock on Kobe. It's just that Shaq was THAT dominant.

Had they not even had Kobe to start with... they would have had Eddie Jones and Nick Van Exel starting in the back court... then Ron Harper shows up with Brian Shaw, and and Derrick Fisher, and that back-court rotation is set. With Fick Fox at SF and AC Green at PF and Horry coming off the bench... that team is good enough to win a title. I am in no way trying to say that Eddie Jones or Van Exel were comparable to Kobe, I just believe that Shaq was THAT dominant.

I don't think they would have won 3... but they still would have won. And had they had another player in place of Kobe to go along with that roster... then that opens up other possibilities.

Shaq was going to win in LA. There was no stopping that. It's just a matter of how much and who with.With your logic Kobe may have already won 6 had he played with Tim Duncan. So Shaq would have won less and Kobe more. Imo Kobe and Duncan or kg would have won more than 3 rings.

JohnelC
10-11-2012, 07:41 AM
Shaq is just a hater

ldawg
10-11-2012, 07:47 AM
Shaq was the 1st option down the stretch of games.
He never "faded" at anytime during a game.

Hack-A-Shaq was not an effective strategy which is why it was very rarely used (and it was never effective).

There is no such thing as "closers" do you really think Shaq wasn't involved in the offense down the stretch of games?

Shaq led the 00-02 Lakers in 4th Q scoring.

By the way despite what you may or may not believe points scored in the first Q are just as valuable as points scored in the 4th Q.

Games are won over 48 minutes and the last 5 minutes aren't special.

What Shaq needed to contend was some consistent offensive support so that teams couldn't just focus on making him give up the ball or focus on shutting down his teammates and letting him get his.

He didn't need anyone to score for him at the end of games and he normally did it himself.

Go rewatch some old Laker playoff games and then come and tell me Shaq isn't scoring in the Final minutes of games.
You really don't know what you're talking about.
You're just a Shaq hater pushing bogus myth's to try and downplay his dominance.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhNN920v6ss
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7Lp5aQq4zI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyfR2pDOt3k&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkvpnmAk2xU&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpArN4LbTI0&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChyUD17sOS4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kM2OdZPVaw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_XJCV8fqQk&feature=related

Do not dwn play how important Kobe was to those title runs. He was not just a role player He closed most of the time with the ball in his hands 85% of the time. Both Shaq and Kobe was very instrumental to those title runs. If it was that simple Shaq could have won in Orlando with Penny. Hack a Shaq was real and it was effective against Shaq. Notice i did not say Lakers. Shaq and Kobe is the greatest 1 2 punch to ever play the game.

hotadef
10-11-2012, 07:58 AM
shaq is being simple if he want to be technical. how about this during his playing days how many centers were anygood. he had to really work what when he played maybe 4 or 5 teams that had a good center. i never seen shaq ask phil to let him check duncan when he was scorching them.

now kobe or any other guard, who did they have to deal with every night yes most of the best players in the leauge have been from the 3 down to the 1 in recent years.

shaq got the most touches scored against bums, kobe and d wade had to lock down the other teams best player 90% of the time and they had to close games. no they wasnt his side kick they both were his equal. same with pippen he ran the offence defended the opposing teams best player 90% of the time.

and as far as dwight goes he makes me think of bill russell he controled the game from his d, and we all know how that worked out for him

xcrisisx
10-11-2012, 08:26 AM
Calm down its called tv/entertainment

SHAQ doesnt play both sides of the fence anymore, he's strictly entertainment hollywood at its finest

so he's strictly looking for reaction/ratings

finally someone who gets it...

RaiderLakersA's
10-11-2012, 12:20 PM
Stupid logic.

No one wins alone.

Why do you constantly make the same statistical flaw? You know as well as I do that you cannot cut and paste stats from one condition set to the next in order to make your case.

We agree on one thing. Shaq doesn't win without Kobe. Let's leave it at that.

RaiderLakersA's
10-11-2012, 12:33 PM

Shaq was going to win in LA. There was no stopping that. It's just a matter of how much and who with.

How far did the Lakers get in 1996 when Kobe was essentially a bench player? The fact is Eddie Jones and Van Exel had already peaked in terms of what they brought to the floor. It wasn't enough. Not even with a dominant Shaq.

More to the point, it wasn't enough for Kobe to simply play to Jones' and Van Exel's level. He had to be better than those two. The Lakers won titles because Kobe somehow managed to do that.

Curious, which year do you think the Lakers sans Kobe could/would have won a title: 1999, 2000, 2001? All other things being constant, of course.

dh144498
10-11-2012, 01:06 PM
Why do you constantly make the same statistical flaw? You know as well as I do that you cannot cut and paste stats from one condition set to the next in order to make your case.

We agree on one thing. Shaq doesn't win without Kobe. Let's leave it at that.

if you pay attention to his "cut and paste" of stats, he actually rounds every Kobe's stats down while rounding his comparisons' up. It's pathetic.

theheatles
10-11-2012, 02:43 PM
the kobephiles should pounce on this

Cracka2HI!
10-11-2012, 04:28 PM

I'm not sure if it means anything but Shaq doesn't say any of this in this youtube clip.

CB29
10-11-2012, 04:35 PM
I'm not sure if it means anything but Shaq doesn't say any of this in this youtube clip.

He did in the episode though... I just watched it...

Cracka2HI!
10-11-2012, 05:20 PM
Yea I figured he did.

D12 fan
10-11-2012, 05:25 PM
Shaq hates because Dwight is a boss.