PDA

View Full Version : I've come to a conclusion that

LoveMeOrHateMe
10-09-2012, 02:02 PM
Steve Nash is the most underrated star in the game, people are saying he's 39 he's done etc. I disagree I saw him on Sunday and he looks just as good as always

dh144498
10-09-2012, 02:06 PM
just remember, the more they underrate Nash, or whoever is on the team, the less stacked the Lakers seem to become. So a championship in 2013 is even more awesome.

SteBO
10-09-2012, 02:08 PM
All this tells me is that you either haven't been reading through this forum enough, or you're holding the wrong posters' opinions in high regard.

Nash is going to be the most important element in the Lakers' success because of how they'll be run offensively. Still doesn't dispute the fact that he's 39 years of age, which can be a factor regardless of whether fans want to accept it or not.

Pluvious
10-09-2012, 02:09 PM
He does tend to get a bit worn down and have issues with his hip as the season goes along. I saw that last year and in past years. But when he's fresh and has no injuries bugging him he's incredible. If the other team does not double him hard he will get a high % look for himself or a teamate almost every time down the court.

He just needs someone to help get shots off in the late minutes of the game and a big man who can guard the basket and rebound but where can he find such a thing?? :cool:

Byronicle
10-09-2012, 02:14 PM
Nash is going to facilitate the Laker's offense. He is their catalyst to an explosive reaction

I don't hate nor like the Lakers but they are going to be very fun to watch this year

xxplayerxx23
10-09-2012, 02:18 PM
Oh my god, how many Laker threads will the OP make. We get it your team is good, Nuggets>Lakers

naps
10-09-2012, 02:18 PM
Nash is underrated? In his Phoenix days? YES. Now? HELL NO! Actually he's being overrated nowadays since he became a Laker. He hasn't been talked about this much since his MVP days in Phoenix zillions of years ago.

Would you honestly make this thread if he was still a Sun?

naps
10-09-2012, 02:20 PM
Oh my god, how many Laker threads will the OP make. We get it your team is good, Nuggets>Lakers

Exactly. Some of these Lakers fans have been desperately looking for praise and validation as if like they haven't been talked about enough.

SteBO
10-09-2012, 02:22 PM
Nash is going to facilitate the Laker's offense. He is their catalyst to an explosive reaction

I don't hate nor like the Lakers but they are going to be very fun to watch this year
I agree that LAL is going to be fun to watch. It's going to be yet another year where I'm stoked I have League Pass.

Hawkeye15
10-09-2012, 02:26 PM
Steve Nash is the most underrated star in the game, people are saying he's 39 he's done etc. I disagree I saw him on Sunday and he looks just as good as always

wonder if you were fighting this hard for Nash a year ago...

Raps18-19 Champ
10-09-2012, 02:33 PM
I've never heard anyone here say he's done. In fact, people are in awe that he can still play like a near top 20 player at his age.

ink
10-09-2012, 02:36 PM
He does tend to get a bit worn down and have issues with his hip as the season goes along. I saw that last year and in past years. But when he's fresh and has no injuries bugging him he's incredible. If the other team does not double him hard he will get a high % look for himself or a teamate almost every time down the court.

He just needs someone to help get shots off in the late minutes of the game and a big man who can guard the basket and rebound but where can he find such a thing?? :cool:

This Kobe guy should help out.

Hawkeye15
10-09-2012, 02:39 PM
This Kobe guy should help out.

Kobe's hasn't helped in that area for a while. Unless you mean literally "get shots off".

KnickaBocka.44
10-09-2012, 02:40 PM
Nash is underrated? In his Phoenix days? YES. Now? HELL NO! Actually he's being overrated nowadays since he became a Laker. He hasn't been talked about this much since his MVP days in Phoenix zillions of years ago.

What's funny about this is that his MVP years were only 6 years ago. Also, he averages a few less ppg due to him taking less shots per game but his assist numbers are still league leading and his shooting percentages are still consistantly outstanding.

He still hovers around 50%-40%-90% for FG% 3P% and FT% which has only been done by 4 other players (Reggie Miller, Mark Price, Larry Bird and Dirk) in history and Nash has done it 4 times and came extremely close last year as well.

ink
10-09-2012, 02:45 PM

True. I think I've seen about 10 threads total about Nash EVER and about 7 of them were about how he supposedly didn't deserve his MVP awards.

nickdymez
10-09-2012, 02:52 PM
Exactly. Some of these Lakers fans have been desperately looking for praise and validation as if like they haven't been talked about enough.

Then dont watch

xxplayerxx23
10-09-2012, 02:58 PM
Question. How quiet will it be if LA doesn't make it out of the west?

Hawkeye15
10-09-2012, 03:07 PM

I won't be quiet. For all the whining and crying about LeBron have a top 3 and top 15 player on his team, no fair, waaaaaaaaaaaaah, if the Lakers don't come out with a top 3, top 5, top 12, and top 20 player, I will be speaking my mind....

xxplayerxx23
10-09-2012, 03:13 PM
I won't be quiet. For all the whining and crying about LeBron have a top 3 and top 15 player on his team, no fair, waaaaaaaaaaaaah, if the Lakers don't come out with a top 3, top 5, top 12, and top 20 player, I will be speaking my mind....

Oh I won't be queit either but who will we be speaking to is my question. Lol Besides guys like Sheep and Avenged what other loyal laker fans will show their face after they get upset? lol and top 5 player who? lol

b@llhog24
10-09-2012, 03:14 PM

I'm down with that :D

ink
10-09-2012, 03:21 PM

I can't stand the way either of these teams came together so not making excuses for either that way. But winning it all has never been the barometer of success for me. The Heat struggled mightily for a while after the BFFs joined up. If we see that same tangled mess in LA that would be an early indication they aren't well made, but I doubt that will happen. Too much balance and roles too well laid out. The only concerns I would have would be with age (like everyone else) and Brown/Jordan making things over-complex with the Princeton offence.

3RDASYSTEM
10-09-2012, 03:35 PM
Its funny how it pertains to everybody else but when i said IVERSON did it for 12 strait yrs at highest level carrying a franchise on his back for 10 1/2yrs people laughed

how is at 33yrs of age going on 34yrs coming off a 26ppg and 7apg and 2spg at 42minutes per game not freakish? a top 3 scorer at that age trailing only the media darlings KOBE/BRON?

of course NASH is not your typical 39yr old, hes a soccer player who can ball and relies on inteliigence/skill, not athletic ability/skill like IVERSON, plus he was a backup when drafted by PHX so that preserved his career sort of like it did his new backcourt mate..KOBE

NASH was who he was at SANTA CLARA or whatever college he went to..he did same things then like shoot well/assists the ball/intelligence like he does now, he was the same player before and after the 2 league MVP's

you guys amaze me how you rank a player, game is game..point blank period

being a starter is being a starter

being a backup guard turned starter is just that

LAKERS now have that both at PG&SG positions...congrats

now watch how many hater names i get called for speaking what actually happened

nickdymez
10-09-2012, 03:37 PM
Oh I won't be queit either but who will we be speaking to is my question. Lol Besides guys like Sheep and Avenged what other loyal laker fans will show their face after they get upset? lol and top 5 player who? lol

So Dwight Howard isnt a top 5 player?

Vinny642
10-09-2012, 03:39 PM
Lol. This thread smh.....

b@llhog24
10-09-2012, 03:40 PM

Dwight is the top 3 player. As for who is the top 5 I wouldn't say Gasol is that good.

KB-Pau-DH2012
10-09-2012, 03:41 PM
Its funny how it pertains to everybody else but when i said IVERSON did it for 12 strait yrs at highest level carrying a franchise on his back for 10 1/2yrs people laughed

how is at 33yrs of age going on 34yrs coming off a 26ppg and 7apg and 2spg at 42minutes per game not freakish? a top 3 scorer at that age trailing only the media darlings KOBE/BRON?

of course NASH is not your typical 39yr old, hes a soccer player who can ball and relies on inteliigence/skill, not athletic ability/skill like IVERSON, plus he was a backup when drafted by PHX so that preserved his career sort of like it did his new backcourt mate..KOBE

NASH was who he was at SANTA CLARA or whatever college he went to..he did same things then like shoot well/assists the ball/intelligence like he does now, he was the same player before and after the 2 league MVP's

you guys amaze me how you rank a player, game is game..point blank period

being a starter is being a starter

being a backup guard turned starter is just that

LAKERS now have that both at PG&SG positions...congrats

now watch how many hater names i get called for speaking what actually happened

Complete.coherent.setences..ddKALSKDLIE../////333Aija[podkf0jjf;akl.

xxplayerxx23
10-09-2012, 03:41 PM

Dwight is top 3-4 who is the top 5?

nickdymez
10-09-2012, 03:42 PM
Dwight is top 3-4 who is the top 5?

Oh ok, Bait post by you.. Carry on

xxplayerxx23
10-09-2012, 03:44 PM
Oh ok, Bait post by you.. Carry on

LOL how so??? He said top 3,5 the five stood out, so I asked who is the 5.

LoveMeOrHateMe
10-09-2012, 03:46 PM
wonder if you were fighting this hard for Nash a year ago...

No I wasn't I wouldn't care, same thing happens with every fan base though look at Miami they got Lebron and now they suddenly love him

xxplayerxx23
10-09-2012, 04:05 PM
Damn. Back on topic hmmm, Nash is great I haven't seen anybody say he isn't besides on defense

Im_in_Mia_bish
10-09-2012, 04:07 PM
lol.

this is a cute homer thread.

Nash is not underrated at all. his age of 39, does matter because the recovering time for a person's body takes longer as you grow older. so there is a question of health for this lakers squad.

not saying as if he will be injured, just sayin, you have to look at all variables.

remember one thing, no dedication or motivation in the world can defeat father time.
Father time ALWAYS wins.

UPRock
10-09-2012, 04:30 PM
And another Lakers thread by LoveMeOrHateMe, the biggest homer out there. Who's saying Nash is bad? You're just looking for attention bud.

Gibby23
10-09-2012, 05:09 PM

Why would Laker fans have to hide if they don't win it all this year? As a knick fan, do you hide every year? The Lakers are one of the best run teams in all of sports, the fans are proud that they don't put a team like say the knicks out there every year. The Laker Org makes it easy to be a laker fan, if they make a mistake, they are quick to fix it, it doesn't take 20 years to correct.

Ezio
10-09-2012, 05:24 PM
Top 3 PG and he's underrated :laugh:

gaughan333
10-09-2012, 05:31 PM
The nba forum sucks

xcrisisx
10-09-2012, 05:38 PM
nash gets a lot of credit he's not underrated ...
the most underrated player is probably rondo

Avenged
10-09-2012, 05:44 PM
Nash is rated just fine. People who say he's overrated now since becoming a Laker.. please. He was regarded as a top PG last season, him switching to one of the most hated teams of all-time does not change that.

Raps18-19 Champ
10-09-2012, 05:48 PM
Top 3 PG and he's underrated :laugh:

Lolololol, you think he's a top 3 PG?

ClearSoulForce
10-09-2012, 06:08 PM
Dirk is the most underrated star. Leads his team to 50 wins for 11 straight years with no other all stars, wins a title and you have people ranking Love ahead of him. "Dirk didn't win ring, Miami just let him have it..."

Nash is good but he never won when it mattered. Now if he wins oh well he has Kobe, Gasol AND Dwight on his team.

LoveMeOrHateMe
10-09-2012, 08:00 PM
Dirk is the most underrated star. Leads his team to 50 wins for 11 straight years with no other all stars, wins a title and you have people ranking Love ahead of him. "Dirk didn't win ring, Miami just let him have it..."

Nash is good but he never won when it mattered. Now if he wins oh well he has Kobe, Gasol AND Dwight on his team.

Dirk did have a well rounded team? Kidd? Wasn't he the best pg in the league for a couple of years?
Marion former all-star still a very good player
Terry and good enough bench players to compliment him well

jerellh528
10-09-2012, 08:03 PM
All this tells me is that you either haven't been reading through this forum enough, or you're holding the wrong posters' opinions in high regard.

Nash is going to be the most important element in the Lakers' success because of how they'll be run offensively. Still doesn't dispute the fact that he's 39 years of age, which can be a factor regardless of whether fans want to accept it or not.

agree^ psd loves nash

xxplayerxx23
10-09-2012, 08:10 PM
Why would Laker fans have to hide if they don't win it all this year? As a knick fan, do you hide every year? The Lakers are one of the best run teams in all of sports, the fans are proud that they don't put a team like say the knicks out there every year. The Laker Org makes it easy to be a laker fan, if they make a mistake, they are quick to fix it, it doesn't take 20 years to correct.

How Ironic. You hide for like two months after all the **** you talked when the 49ers went against the Giants. I guess you are going to do the same.

Quinnsanity
10-09-2012, 08:10 PM
I can't take this thread seriously until I see Mr. LA's opinion.

Black Betsy
10-09-2012, 08:21 PM
I think steve nash will win this years mvp.

ink
10-09-2012, 08:50 PM
Nash is rated just fine. People who say he's overrated now since becoming a Laker.. please. He was regarded as a top PG last season, him switching to one of the most hated teams of all-time does not change that.

Do you really think they're one of the most hated teams of all-time? In Magic's era they were the opposite. It's only recently with Kobe and to some degree Shaq that they started to draw so much negativity. The Lakers are one of the greatest organizations in sport.

Nash benefits from that, there's no doubt. Finally a likeable guy not named Fisher on the roster. lol.

Gibby23
10-09-2012, 09:00 PM
How Ironic. You hide for like two months after all the **** you talked when the 49ers went against the Giants. I guess you are going to do the same.

This is about basketball, a sport where your team has been trash for a decade plus. A team in a huge market has to overpay a player with bad knees that can't be traded. They can't even put players together that can play with eachother, a bunch of mismatched players.

P Harvy
10-09-2012, 09:05 PM
Didn't know a 2 time mvp was underrated but cool.

xxplayerxx23
10-09-2012, 09:07 PM
This is about basketball, a sport where your team has been trash for a decade plus. A team in a huge market has to overpay a player with bad knees that can't be traded. They can't even put players together that can play with eachother, a bunch of mismatched players.

Great response to me calling you out. Can't wait till you go into hiding.

smith&wesson
10-09-2012, 09:08 PM
still has 2 solid years left in him. best passer in the game.

ink
10-09-2012, 09:08 PM
Didn't know a 2 time mvp was underrated but cool.

How many people have you ever heard say that he totally deserved those MVPs? And how many other MVPs have been questioned as often? The guy is totally worth everything he's earned but it hasn't been seen that way, especially not when he was going up against two Lakers for those awards.

Now that he's WITH the Lakers the universe is properly in place again. lol.

Gibby23
10-09-2012, 09:10 PM
Great response to me calling you out. Can't wait till you go into hiding.

Why would I hide. In the last 12 years the Lakers have won 5 more championships than the Knicks, the last 22 years, they have 10 more than the Knicks.

The Lakers will win 5 or more championships before the Knicks even get 1 more. Enjoy Amare.

smith&wesson
10-09-2012, 09:10 PM
Do you really think they're one of the most hated teams of all-time? In Magic's era they were the opposite. It's only recently with Kobe and to some degree Shaq that they started to draw so much negativity. The Lakers are one of the greatest organizations in sport.

Nash benefits from that, there's no doubt. Finally a likeable guy not named Fisher on the roster. lol.

lol

xxplayerxx23
10-09-2012, 09:17 PM
Why would I hide. In the last 12 years the Lakers have won 5 more championships than the Knicks, the last 22 years, they have 10 more than the Knicks.

The Lakers will win 5 or more championships before the Knicks even get 1 more. Enjoy Amare.

:laugh2: Just the way you are, you will talk so much **** in a series then when the lakers get upset you will hide. And I will enjoy Amare.

smith&wesson
10-09-2012, 09:18 PM
How many people have you ever heard say that he totally deserved those MVPs? And how many other MVPs have been questioned as often? The guy is totally worth everything he's earned but it hasn't been seen that way, especially not when he was going up against two Lakers for those awards.

Now that he's WITH the Lakers the universe is properly in place again. lol.

he wasted a couple seasons in phx. he should have left the suns when amare got traded.

after making the wcf's they traded amare in the off season. the suns werent contending any more and nash should have considered his age and career at that point and moved on. at 36-37 years of age im sure the franchise and fanbase would understand that its time to move on as well.

he did it at 39 instead and i think that just leaves a 1 or 2 year window for him. but if he had left he may have had a ring by now who knows.

Gibby23
10-09-2012, 10:01 PM
:laugh2: Just the way you are, you will talk so much **** in a series then when the lakers get upset you will hide. And I will enjoy Amare.

That is a nice contract the Knicks FO gave him, they were nice enough not to require insurance. Such a well run franchise. They also missed out on Nash and had to get Kidd and a fat guy.

tapajafri
10-09-2012, 11:29 PM

What else do you expect from laker fans? This is no surprise to all of us.

Nick O
10-09-2012, 11:35 PM
dats cause Nash is a god... but don;t forget yo.. the laskers have this new kid named Kobe Kobiy er sumthing.. anyway hes supposed to be good