PDA

View Full Version : Which finals matchup would you rather see in 2012-2013?

JordansBulls
10-09-2012, 11:49 AM
Lakers/Heat (Kobe/Lebron/Dwight/Wade)

Thunder/Heat (rematch last season)

Celtics/Lakers (One last time)

Spurs/Celtics (arguably two greatest PF's all time in one last hurrah)

Bulls/Thunder (Two top 5 players in the league in Durant/Rose going head to head)

Knicks/Lakers (Two big markets going head to head)

Knicks/Thunder (Durant vs Melo)

Clippers/Bulls (Two best PG's in the world going head to head)

Mavs/Heat (rematch of the 2011 finals with new personel)

Other

xxplayerxx23
10-09-2012, 11:52 AM
Rose top 5? :eyebrow: Heat Lakers would be a good rating one but a horrible one for me lol. I hate both of them.
I voted Lakers vs Knicks but Nuggets Vs Knicks would be the one I want. :)

DanG
10-09-2012, 12:28 PM
Rockets vs Bobcats (GOAT going against Kemba Walker)

DR_1
10-09-2012, 12:30 PM
Bulls-Lakers (or Thunder)

ink
10-09-2012, 12:38 PM
Lakers/Celtics - well made teams over superstars every day of the week.

kdspurman
10-09-2012, 01:00 PM
I think my choice is obvious... Although I do think it'd be a great match-up with some really good basketball and coaching duels.

KG vs TD on the biggest stage of them all won't grab all the attention like LBJ-KD but it'll still be pretty dam entertaining.

LoveMeOrHateMe
10-09-2012, 01:04 PM
Lakers-Heat because I finally want everyone to shut up about who was the best during their playing years which will be Kobe! Kobe is gonna show Lebron what a real champion,Warrior is like! Lakers in 6

ink
10-09-2012, 01:07 PM
Lakers-Heat because I finally want everyone to shut up about who was the best during their playing years which will be Kobe! Kobe is gonna show Lebron what a real champion,Warrior is like! Lakers in 6

This is exactly why I wouldn't be disappointed if neither of those teams made the finals. The NBA has become a garbage dump for star-mongering.

Ebbs
10-09-2012, 01:14 PM
Beig realistic Heat/Lakers would be fun.

Munkeysuit
10-09-2012, 01:21 PM
Heat vs Lakers

Swashcuff
10-09-2012, 01:23 PM
Lakers/Celtics - well made teams over superstars every day of the week.

Oh really? :laugh2:

Then why no Thunder?

ink
10-09-2012, 01:25 PM
Oh really? :laugh2:

Then why no Thunder?

Because they're not as well made as we thought they would be. They were exposed in the finals last year with their mediocre interior game, something the Lakers won't likely struggle with when you consider the excellence they have up front in Pau and D12. The strength of their backcourt goes without saying. Balance.

Besides, just because I pick one well made team doesn't mean the second or third best well made team is pathetic. Both the Spurs and Thunder are very well made teams, the Thunder just have more problems up front than their strongest WC rivals.

DoMeFavors
10-09-2012, 01:28 PM
Nets vs whoever

Islandercoach31
10-09-2012, 01:30 PM
Pacers vs Thunder. Small market and very well made teams.

mjm07
10-09-2012, 01:34 PM
Heat vs Lakers
Heat Vs OKC

Nothing else would matter.

Raps08-09 Champ
10-09-2012, 01:42 PM
Miami vs Lakers but it would be 1 sided. The Heat would get abused.

LoveMeOrHateMe
10-09-2012, 01:56 PM
Miami vs Lakers but it would be 1 sided. The Heat would get abused.

I wouldn't say they get abused but the lakers would win imo

Showtime Steve
10-09-2012, 02:32 PM
Lakers vs celtics (tradition, and people are sleeping on boston)
Lakers vs heat (get this overwith)

Lakers in 6

Hawkeye15
10-09-2012, 02:50 PM
Because they're not as well made as we thought they would be. They were exposed in the finals last year with their mediocre interior game, something the Lakers won't likely struggle with when you consider the excellence they have up front in Pau and D12. The strength of their backcourt goes without saying. Balance.

Besides, just because I pick one well made team doesn't mean the second or third best well made team is pathetic. Both the Spurs and Thunder are very well made teams, the Thunder just have more problems up front than their strongest WC rivals.

Sure, but factor in the Thunders team is young, and will just keep developing, while those 2 teams you specifically want in there are pretty much matured, and not gaining any momentum going forward. OKC will improve from within this year, as their very young foursome learned a lot about themselves last year.

ink
10-09-2012, 02:52 PM
Sure, but factor in the Thunders team is young, and will just keep developing, while those 2 teams you specifically want in there are pretty much matured, and not gaining any momentum going forward. OKC will improve from within this year, as their very young foursome learned a lot about themselves last year.

I don't see any amount of maturing helping Ibaka and Perkins turn into Gasol and Howard. :shrug:

Hawkeye15
10-09-2012, 02:54 PM
I don't see any amount of maturing helping Ibaka and Perkins turn into Gasol and Howard. :shrug:

They don't need to...

I don't see any possible way the Lakers contain Durant, Harden, and Westbrook either. The west playoffs will be fun. The east should be a coast ride for Miami if they are healthy, but the west will have a few series that are going to be great to watch.

JordansBulls
10-09-2012, 05:11 PM
Thunder vs Knicks would be awesome.

richiesaurus310
10-09-2012, 05:16 PM
Clippers vs Heat

NYYCowboys
10-09-2012, 05:27 PM
Obviously I'd like to see the Knicks vs. someone, as unlikely as that is. But if I had to choose a matchup without the Knicks it would be Heat vs. Lakers. So much star power.

Bishnoff
10-09-2012, 05:27 PM
Lakers vs. Heat. Two teams of superstars.

naps
10-09-2012, 05:30 PM
Obviously HEAT-OKC. Two best players on the planet going at each other for final's rematch!

xcrisisx
10-09-2012, 05:34 PM
the basketball wise choice would be celtics - spurs
half court offence teamball over fastbreaks and those iso's.
iso's all game long is so irritating

KB-Pau-DH2012
10-09-2012, 05:35 PM
Obviously HEAT-OKC. Two best players on the planet going at each other for final's rematch!

IMO, it was so one sided last yr, and I really feel it'll be the same thing if they face each other again, with Miami once again coming out on top.

Lakers-Heat would be so much more enamoring (not because of Kobe vs LeBron) but because of all the big names involved like RayRay, KB, Bron, Wade, Pau, Nash, Bosh, D12.

ALso, it'd be interesting to see Bron going up against his former coach. Pat Riley for the first time in the finals against his former Lakers. The whole aura of Hollywood vs SouthBeach. The glitz, glamor and star power between the cities and franchise. It'd just be amazing.

I respect OKC, Harden, Westy and KD are great young dudes, but other than the "college-like" crowd of OKC, I don't see any extra excitement from the city and franchise nor the real story lines from an animosity perspective between the two organizations.

goose14741
10-09-2012, 05:37 PM
Lakers heat, please