PDA

View Full Version : Question To All non-Kobe, non-Laker fans regarding Kobe Bryant's Retirement

KB-Pau-DH2012
10-08-2012, 11:42 PM
When Kobe retires in 2-3 yrs, after he hangs it up after 18-19 seasons in the association...

What will non-Kobe and non-Laker fans feel that day?

I just want to get a feeling.

Options:

-Never was a fan, but always respected his game and dedication to the sport and will always regard him as one of the greats.

-Good riddance, I'll never miss him! About damn time that cancer retired!

-I'm going to name my 1st kid Kobe.

If Kobe fans and Laker fans can refrain from this thread so we can all sit back and see everyone else's response and take, that'd would be awesome.

So please be a little cooperative. Thank you. :)

P Harvy
10-08-2012, 11:44 PM
I've always hated Kobe but he's been a pretty decent player. I think it'll be interesting to see if he actually retires.

Chacarron
10-08-2012, 11:51 PM
Never was a fan, but always respected his game, he'll always be one of the greats.

Cal827
10-08-2012, 11:53 PM
I'm naming my first Kid Kobe, so when he's playing basketball with other kids when he's 6 years old, the other parents won't complain and will understand when he refuses pass the ball.

KB-Pau-DH2012
10-08-2012, 11:54 PM
I'm naming my first Kid Kobe, so when he's playing basketball with other kids when he's 6 years old, the other parents will understand why he won't pass the ball.

:rimshot:

SINCESTARBURY25
10-08-2012, 11:55 PM
Kobe has that killer instinct and personality that most players don't have these days. Basketball will never be the same when he leaves because he is an icon, he will be one of those names that is talked about for generations.
He is the face of the Lakers franchise and has been there his whole career, just like Paul Pierce for the Celtics, Chipper Jones for the Braves.

People will always hate Kobe and Love Kobe. I always get mad at him but I respect the man's heart and attitude when it comes to the game.

JasonJohnHorn
10-08-2012, 11:57 PM
It's not so much that I respected his 'game' as I respected his talent, and work ethic and drive. I do not like Kobe. I believe, while he couldn't have performed at a higher level, he could have done more for his team if he was more of a facilitator. The thing that puts guys like Magic and Bird ahead of Kobe for me is their ability to make other players better, to facilitate. Kobe, in my eyes, is a selfish player. I'm not a Lakers hater by any stretch of the imagination. I loved watching Magic play when I was young and have a lot of respect for Jerry West. But Kobe... he's just, selfish. I think that limited him on the floor, despite the fact he played at SUCH a high level.

Like, for me, I think Kobe's best season was the 08/09 season, as well as the 09/10 season. With Phil coaching him, and Gasol playing so well with him, I really think he was his more effective in terms of team ball. His 05/06 season was amazing. But it was like: Let's see what one player can do. And he put everything in floor that season, and he really loved being in control. And to be able to put those kind of numbers up, you have to be something special. Magic, Bird, they were never in positions where they NEEDED to put that much on the floor because they played on better teams. Jordan WAS in that same situation Kobe was when he first started on the Bulls, and he was there for a couple of season. You saw that from 86-89... Jordan posting 37 then 35 points per game. Then in 89 he was averaging 32 or 33 with 8 boards and 8 assists a game? That was CRAZY.

But yeah... I really want to see Kobe return to the kind of ball he was playing in 08/09, and if he does, I'd like to see him play a few more seasons, because I think that would be a lot of fun to watch, espcially if he can handle passing the tourch to Howard and if Nash is playing well with those players around. I want to see the team play at their full potential.

Kobe's an amazing talent and I have enjoyed watching him play, even if his shot selection has made me cringe and shake my head more times than I can count.

jerellh528
10-09-2012, 12:01 AM
what about an option for a regular fan?I fit into none of these.
Option 4: Basketball fan who is grateful for what kobe has put into LA over the years, one of the game's best ever will be missed?

Andrew32
10-09-2012, 12:03 AM
Never really liked his personality.
Very arrogant and unappreciative of things.

Was a pretty big fan of his back in the Shaq dynasty days.

Respect his talent / drive and place in the game as one of the best ever and respect his ability to stay at a high level so late in his career.

Often find myself arguing against him due to his loving fans overrating him.
Shame I get labeled a "hater" because of it.

I don't hate Kobe at all but I hate how overrated he has become.

Soon anyone who doesn't call him the GOAT will be labeled a "hater", lol.

ThunderousDemon
10-09-2012, 12:04 AM
none of the above

KB-Pau-DH2012
10-09-2012, 12:04 AM
what about an option for a regular fan?I fit into none of these.
Option 4: Basketball fan who is grateful for what kobe has put into LA over the years, one of the game's best ever will be missed?

Nope, this is for those who are not Kobe fans. Let the others have their moment for a change. View this thread, but do not post.

And that goes for you too ThunderousDemon ;)

thephoenixson28
10-09-2012, 12:06 AM
Can I go with A and B

jerellh528
10-09-2012, 12:06 AM
Nope, this is for those who are not Kobe fans. Let the others have their moment for a change. View this thread, but do not post.

And that goes for you too ThunderousDemon ;)

Oh my bad, didnt know it was non lakers/kobe fans.
edit: just read the thread, feel like an idiot lol

KB-Pau-DH2012
10-09-2012, 12:07 AM
Can I go with A and B

Mmm, sorry, didn't think the two would coincide for some of ya. :laugh2:

But choose the one you're most strongly inclined towards, but in your post, you can certainly express both of those options and more.

KB-Pau-DH2012
10-09-2012, 12:07 AM
Oh my bad, didnt know it was non lakers/kobe fans.
edit: just read the thread, feel like an idiot lol

No worries man, all good.

ThunderousDemon
10-09-2012, 12:17 AM
Though I was never a fan of Colby Bryant, I was a fan of Kobe Bryant because without him the Lakers wouldn't have won those five NBA championships.

Avenged
10-09-2012, 12:28 AM
Colby B.B Gun' Bryant's retirement will be bittersweet. On one hand, he leaves a ton of cap to use on players to pair with Dwight, and Dwight can comfortably make the team his. On the other hand, he has done so much for the Lakers, and has one of the most impressive résumés of all-time

AsiandudePH
10-09-2012, 01:09 AM
I'm more of a Lakers fan than a Kobe fan. Does that count?

But anyway, I think he will be missed because he's such a polarizing figure in the sport of Basketball all over the world, as Jordan was before him and as Durant and James will become, if they aren't already yet.

Laker Legend42
10-09-2012, 01:17 AM
I've always hated Kobe but he's been a pretty decent player. I think it'll be interesting to see if he actually retires.

Pretty decent???:facepalm:

KB-Pau-DH2012
10-09-2012, 01:23 AM
Lakers fans and Kobe fans.

Please restrain yourselves from replying. This thread is for everyone else, not for you.

Baller1
10-09-2012, 01:27 AM
Combination of the first two options... I respect his game, but I can't wait for the day that he ****s off.

Kings Faithful
10-09-2012, 01:28 AM
As a Kings fan, I hate Kobe Bryant. However I do respect how good he actually is. If he retires before Kings fans get the revenge they've been waiting for by beating him in a playoff series then I will be disappointed. That's most likely whats gonna happen but I still have hope!

Chacarron
10-09-2012, 01:33 AM
Lakers fans and Kobe fans.

Please restrain yourselves from replying. This thread is for everyone else, not for you.

You are not the boss of me.

KB-Pau-DH2012
10-09-2012, 01:35 AM
You are not the boss of me.

Chacs, don't make me bust out the strap!

tapajafri
10-09-2012, 02:40 AM
I never was a fan because of how dirty he played. I wanted to vote for "never a fan, but still respected him and one of the greats" but I just can't respect him for the numerous elbows and cheap shots he threw. I respect his competitiveness, will, desire, work ethic. One of the hardest workers and certainly one of the most skilled offensive players to ever play. His game is so graceful too which makes it so popular to fans. But his cheap shots, elbows, dirty plays is what ruins his image to me and some other people. I know a lot of players threw cheap shots like Malone, but it's just the fashion that Bryant did it. For example, when he elbowed Bibby in the face, he knew the refs wouldn't call it because the refs were paid off to make the Kings lose game 6 in 2002. Or the time he threw his knee into Battier's head on the ground in a jump ball tie up. Or there was the time when he elbowed Mike Miller in the face, open hand slapped Okafor in the face in the post, etc. So many off the top of my head, I can go on and on. I respect his work ethic and desire to compete, but it's hard to respect him considering how dirty of a player he is. Putting that aside though, no doubt he's one of the greats and one of the most skilled offensive players to play the game. And also, nobody can ever question his desire to win....one of the hardest workers to ever play.

Ebbs
10-09-2012, 02:56 AM
I'm going to be honest none of the above.

I at times have a lot of respect for what Kobe can do in the game of basketball. There were moments when I watched him and thought he really is a phenomenal player. However I also always thought he was selfish and arrogant. That image is hard to shake. I will honestly miss him when he's gone though.

Hawkeye15
10-09-2012, 03:38 AM
Mostly A, kinda B. But yeah, not a Kobe fan, but it will feel weird watching an NBA without him. I can't stand him as a player, but damn, I have respected his game for over a decade.

LAKERMANIA
10-09-2012, 03:42 AM
Good riddance, I'll never miss him! About damn time that cancer retired!

+pope+
10-09-2012, 04:21 AM
I still get a laugh at the people who put AI and TMAC in the same conversation as kobe.

Ebbs
10-09-2012, 04:35 AM
I still get a laugh at the people who put AI and TMAC in the same conversation as kobe.

Peak T-Mac belongs in the conversation of peak Kobe.

Obviously his legacy does not touch Kobes

b@llhog24
10-09-2012, 06:08 AM
Closer to one than anything else.

ewing
10-09-2012, 10:18 AM
I'm not a Kobe fan meaning that often find myself rooting against the Lakers. At the same time I am a basketball which makes a Kobe fan. I enjoy watching great player weather i am rooting for or against them. Kobe is great

ink
10-09-2012, 11:21 AM
Never liked anything about him personally, in fact, lost all respect for him in 2004. He's earned back enough respect by growing up since then to be accepted as one of the top 15 players of all time. I'm not so sure this has been such a great era and I don't think he has dominated as much as many think. The Shaq-Kobe soap opera is one of the low points in NBA history and I hope it hasn't cheapened the game forever, because since then we have seen more hate among fans than ever before anywhere. Sad really. But that's mainly off court stuff.

He's redeemed himself pretty well, being especially statesmanlike in the Olympics.

ink
10-09-2012, 11:24 AM
I'm more of a Lakers fan than a Kobe fan. Does that count?

But anyway, I think he will be missed because he's such a polarizing figure in the sport of Basketball all over the world, as Jordan was before him and as Durant and James will become, if they aren't already yet.

This. We're talking about the Lakers. The team of Magic and Kareem. That still hasn't changed and that should say something about some people's view of Kobe. I don't think he has surpassed the Laker greats but he is third on the list behind Kareem and Magic. If you think about it, that's pretty high praise for someone who was so controversial mid-career.

JoyRide
10-09-2012, 11:26 AM
never a fan , but respect him as one of the greats

AIMelo=KillaDUO
10-09-2012, 11:34 AM
You know... I was the biggest Kobe hater @ one point. Always respected him as a player. The year LA lost to Boston in the Finals is when all my dislike for Kobe went out the window. I saw in Kobe's face, how bad he wanted to win, the sacrifices he made to his game that year to get to that point (given he also had a really good team). I realized that I seem to enjoy hating on the villain. It didn't work out that way with LeBron cuz I'ma huge LeBron fan. But in boxing... I can't stand Floyd Mayweather, but dude is a great boxer and I'll always be the first to tell you that. I thnk the Kobe's, the Floyd's of the world are good for sports. It's gonna be weird when Kobe retires, he'll problley be the last of the guys that I watched in there primes as a youngster growin up. AI's gone, T-Mac is gone, VC, KG, Ray Allen, Jermaine O'neal, Shaq, etc. He provided us with great memories.

Blitzbolt
10-09-2012, 12:39 PM
Is hard to like the guy.

Always gets helps from other players to win rings Shaq Gasol ect..
Big Market team.
Bad personality on and off the game.

I respect him and I don't hate him but I won't miss him like other players like shaq Iverson T-mac ect ect.

LAKERMANIA
10-09-2012, 12:57 PM
It will be a sad day when Kobe retires

Six-8-TheWizard
10-09-2012, 01:16 PM
I dont think hes gonna retire. Imo its just a smokescreen to get Dwight to resign

Munkeysuit
10-09-2012, 01:23 PM
I am a huge Shaquille Oneal fan so as you can imagine, I was a Laker fan once upon a time as well. Even then, I did not like Kobe Bryant too much, he surprised me a lot at how far he's come from those days and he definitely is one of the games greatest players ever, but I never really liked him.
I guess with that being said, I won't be sad to see him go, but I do respect what he's done and what he continues to do for this game and it's fans.

dh144498
10-09-2012, 01:26 PM
the most overrated player in NBA history. Good riddance.

3RDASYSTEM
10-09-2012, 01:51 PM
i like KOBE as a bball player but i call a spade a spade,no sugarcoating

He is who is he is from day1 rookie yr, a scorer/Shooter inside out..not a playmaker/passer/facilitator..a scorer/shooting guard who copied his game after JORDAN

im so sick of hearing about his drive/work ethic when i already explained the reason you work and work and be a big time gym rat(other than loving the game) is that you're a backup, and which he was a backup guard to EDDIE and NICKY V, 2 of the greatest GUARDS ever to lace'em up(CHAPPELLE comedy),im talking first ballot surefire HOF'ers..so maybe *********** gave him a pass or something, cause i didnt

playing at a high level for a decade is not really that big of a deal when you get a late jump start. 4yrs into your career..now if he would have played lights out from day1 with SHAQ and didnt avg 7ppg as a rookie then we'd be having a different conversation, but stop it..people act like he morphed into something we've never seen, or did people use his backup role to further falsey justify how great he really has become since he starts/makes allstar games?

but you LAKER folks vastly overrate him because of his 5 rings and 81pt game and his 62pts thru 3qtrs, but i already stated he's a scorer/shooting guard from top to bottom,day1....that is not a recipe for a top 5-10 player, especially when he was a 'sidekick' ala PIPPEN during one stage then out of this world just morphed into JORDAN 2X over the next stage...like how can you go from sidekick to superstar? you are who you are from day1, unless its 'HYPE' involved, which coming from hollywood everything is basically based off that

its just when you actually play the game and take it serious, its not that amazing watching another man play like another man( JORDAN) and some crazed fans say he has ''mastered' JORDANS game so hes better, so im thinkin to myself how can he be on JORDAN level or better but he was a backup guard ..that just doesnt seem to fit sports logic

he play so much like JORDAN when i watch him play i call him JORDAN, go figure

i smell.....HYPE

but outside of his 81pt and 62pt thru 3qtr game, he hasnt transcended anything

he stole JR RIDER dunk to win his dunk contest and start his allstar overrhype

then he took JORDANs game/persona and now he's the closest thing

wat a WIN/WIN because not only did he take JORDANs game and 'master' it, he pulled a STEVE FRANCHISE and nitpicked his way to his team of choice....to ride the pine, now thats a WIN-WIN-LOSE

KB-Pau-DH2012
10-09-2012, 01:55 PM

He is who is he is from day1 rookie yr, a scorer/Shooter inside out..not a playmaker/passer/facilitator..a scorer/shooting guard who copied his game after JORDAN

im so sick of hearing about his drive/work ethic when i already explained the reason you work and work and be a big time gym rat(other than loving the game) is that you're a backup, and which he was a backup guard to EDDIE and NICKY V, 2 of the greatest GUARDS ever to lace'em up(CHAPPELLE comedy),im talking first ballot surefire HOF'ers..so maybe *********** gave him a pass or something, cause i didnt

playing at a high level for a decade is not really that big of a deal when you get a late jump start. 4yrs into your career..now if he would have played lights out from day1 with SHAQ and didnt avg 7ppg as a rookie then we'd be having a different conversation, but stop it..people act like he morphed into something we've never seen, or did people use his backup role to further backup how great he really has become since he starts/makes allstar games?

but you LAKER folks vastly overrate him because of his 5 rings and 81pt game and his 62pts thru 3qtrs, but i already stated he's a scorer/shooting guard from top to bottom,day1....that is not a recipe for a top 5-10 player, especially when he was a 'sidekick' ala PIPPEN during one stage then out of this world just morphed into JORDAN 2X over the next stage...like how can you go from sidekick to superstar? you are who you are from day1, unless its 'HYPE' involved, which coming from hollywood everything is basically based off that

its just when you actually play the game and take it serious, its not that amazing watching another man play like another man( JORDAN) and some crazed fans say he has ''mastered' JORDANS game so hes better, so im thinkin to myself how can he be on JORDAN level or better but he was a backup guard ..that just doesnt seem to fit sports logic

i smell.....HYPE

wat a WIN/WIN because not only did he take JORDANs game and 'master' it, he pulled a STEVE FRANCHISE and nitpicked his way to his team of choice....to ride the pine, now thats a WIN-WIN-LOSE

Great analysis. Now tell me, which option do you choose?

dh144498
10-09-2012, 01:59 PM

playing at a high level for a decade is not really that big of a deal when you get a late jump start. 4yrs into your career..now if he would have played lights out from day1 with SHAQ and didnt avg 7ppg as a rookie then we'd be having a different conversation, but stop it..people act like he morphed into something we've never seen, or did people use his backup role to further falsey justify how great he really has become since he starts/makes allstar games?

i smell.....HYPE

-he avged 7.6 ppg in his rookie season because he only played 15mins a game.
-the second bolded part is just stupid. You really think Kobe was a sidekick to Lamar Odom from 2005-2007, and to Gasol from 2008 onwards? lol Kobe was a sidekick to Shaq not because he can only play the 2nd option. Kobe from 2001 was a bonafide 1st option capable player who stepped down to let the offense run thru Shaq, you know, THE MOST DOMINANT PLAYER EVER. Even Jordan would've been a sidekick for Shaq, except crunch time.

diu9leilomo
10-09-2012, 02:04 PM
i'll miss him, hes one of my fav player....
when he retires, all eyes goes to lebron

b@llhog24
10-09-2012, 03:44 PM
the most overrated player in NBA history. Good riddance.

Well the first part is true

Im_in_Mia_bish
10-09-2012, 04:05 PM
5 rings, second highest points in a game in nba history, top 2 sg in the nba at his current age.

I respect his talent.

and of course one of the greats.

mngopher35
10-09-2012, 04:07 PM
Not a huge fan of Kobe at all, but he is for sure a top 10 player all time. Gotta respect his talent, even though I normally am not rooting for the lakers to win.

PleaseBeNice
10-09-2012, 04:29 PM
Hate him, the lakers equally. BUT it will be a very sad day when he retires. a 100% hall of famer and top 10 player ever. The league will deff miss him

xcrisisx
10-09-2012, 06:21 PM
I respect his game, he's top 10 ever
but kobe bryant is the antichrist

USMCLaker
10-10-2012, 07:20 PM
Can I go with A and B

Might as well you already go both ways anyways.

Il Mago50
10-10-2012, 07:24 PM
Kobe is the Jordan of my generation of basketball fans. I got into the game when I was a kid in 97 and out of all the stars and names that I grew up on, he's the last link.

I'll feel sad because he's the only player I actually still must watch play because of how he plays and the excitement of him going off for 40-50 at any time still. I don't give a **** about watching Lebron and most of today's stars outside of Durant and Rose along with my Raptors.

When Kobe hangs em up, it'll be a sad day for the late 80's/early 90's babies and the last link between the greatest era of basketball and the soft b.s we have now.

C-Style
10-10-2012, 07:35 PM
Never really liked his personality.
Very arrogant and unappreciative of things.

Was a pretty big fan of his back in the Shaq dynasty days.

Respect his talent / drive and place in the game as one of the best ever and respect his ability to stay at a high level so late in his career.

Often find myself arguing against him due to his loving fans overrating him.
Shame I get labeled a "hater" because of it.

I don't hate Kobe at all but I hate how overrated he has become.

Soon anyone who doesn't call him the GOAT will be labeled a "hater", lol.

I freaking don't like his personality at all! comes off as fake

C-Style
10-10-2012, 07:45 PM
I respect his game, he's top 10 ever
but kobe bryant is the antichrist

blasphemy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iY9HjNWbJvA

KB-Pau-DH2012
10-22-2012, 08:18 PM
I think this is a good time to bring up this thread.

Andrew32
10-22-2012, 08:20 PM
pls dont retire kobe.

stawka
10-23-2012, 12:50 AM
Always hated him, always will. Is an all-time great and will always be remembered for the good and bad moments of his career

I can't wait for him to retire because I don't want him to win a single game again, let alone a title.

But, he's one hell of a scorer and competitor

RaiderLakersA's
10-23-2012, 09:34 PM
Kobe is the Jordan of my generation of basketball fans. I got into the game when I was a kid in 97 and out of all the stars and names that I grew up on, he's the last link.

I'll feel sad because he's the only player I actually still must watch play because of how he plays and the excitement of him going off for 40-50 at any time still. I don't give a **** about watching Lebron and most of today's stars outside of Durant and Rose along with my Raptors.

When Kobe hangs em up, it'll be a sad day for the late 80's/early 90's babies and the last link between the greatest era of basketball and the soft b.s we have now.

Great point!

Dade County
10-24-2012, 12:11 AM
Where do I start

When he was younger, he was a phenomenal talent. He was lucky to be apart of the Lakers organization.

He got to play along side Shaq in his prime... He won 2 more rings with out Shaq, but if it wasn't for a cheat trade, I really don't know if he would have won another ring.

I actually think if prime Tmac could have played with prime Shaq, then he would have also won 3 rings... so Laker fans take that however you want to.

But Kobe did prove me wrong more then once, so whatever. I just hope he doesn't do it again; I said after kobe last ring, that he wouldn't get another one.

I mean seriously, I think KD will have a better career then Kobe ( stat wise... not titles )

I will remember KOBE when he played with Shaq... I will remember that duo, because the Kobe of the past 4yrs, really doesn't do anything for me.

I can just hope that D Wade surpasses Kobe as the 2nd best sg ever... D Wade will need to win 3 more titles to do that, and get 1 more finals MVP ( but with Lbj, I really don't no how that is going to happen "with the Finals MVP" ).

Kobe, I will miss the 4 straight finals appearances with you and Shaq.... Not the hyped up version created by the Media and the Laker fans.

albertajaysfan
10-24-2012, 01:07 AM
I'm not a Kobe fan meaning that often find myself rooting against the Lakers. At the same time I am a basketball which makes a Kobe fan. I enjoy watching great player weather i am rooting for or against them. Kobe is great

I am impressed that you can type. That is downright amazing.

On a serious note. I would have to say I respect him as a basketball player because of his longevity. But I think the guy is total idiot and will therefor not miss him one bit.

Plus I grew up watching Jordan which makes Kobe much less impressive. I also realize that someone will come along and fill those shoes just as someone took the torch from Jordan. If I want to watch a scoring 2 guard impress the hell out of me though I would take AI any day. That little guy was a sight to behold.

I miss the days of solid post play. Hakeem, Shaq, Robinson, Ewing, etc. those were good days imo.

P Harvy
10-24-2012, 01:12 AM
Game wont miss a beat

beliges
10-24-2012, 01:45 AM
Probably the second or third greatest perimeter player to ever play the game of basketball. Nothing more needs to be said about Kobe and his impact on the game of basketball. One of the absolute greatest legends in the game.

Bravo95
10-24-2012, 01:49 AM
Great player and winner. Legendary work ethic. The character flaws were there. Sports needs villains and he played the role well for a decade or so, kind of like what Floyd Mayweather brings to boxing.

el hidalgo
10-24-2012, 01:52 AM
I'll name my first born Kobe and do the NBA a favor by never letting him pick up a basketball.

KB-Pau-DH2012
10-24-2012, 02:35 AM
Game wont miss a beat

You're right, the league will just be a different beat w/o Kobe....

#justinbieber

#bieberfeverbaby!

N3TS
10-24-2012, 03:38 AM
I don't consider myself a Kobe fan by any means but I have nothing against him. He competes hard night in and night out, as well as being one of the best scorers in NBA history. I will miss him when he retires, but we will see how he plays these next two years.

Supreme LA
10-24-2012, 04:06 AM
Where do I start

When he was younger, he was a phenomenal talent. He was lucky to be apart of the Lakers organization.

He got to play along side Shaq in his prime... He won 2 more rings with out Shaq, but if it wasn't for a cheat trade, I really don't know if he would have won another ring.

I actually think if prime Tmac could have played with prime Shaq, then he would have also won 3 rings... so Laker fans take that however you want to.

But Kobe did prove me wrong more then once, so whatever. I just hope he doesn't do it again; I said after kobe last ring, that he wouldn't get another one.

I mean seriously, I think KD will have a better career then Kobe ( stat wise... not titles )

I will remember KOBE when he played with Shaq... I will remember that duo, because the Kobe of the past 4yrs, really doesn't do anything for me.

I can just hope that D Wade surpasses Kobe as the 2nd best sg ever... D Wade will need to win 3 more titles to do that, and get 1 more finals MVP ( but with Lbj, I really don't no how that is going to happen "with the Finals MVP" ).

Kobe, I will miss the 4 straight finals appearances with you and Shaq.... Not the hyped up version created by the Media and the Laker fans.

Wade had no shot at passing Kobe at this point of his career and where his game has evolved which is no where. Can you honestly say to yourself that Wade has developed much at all in any skill aspects of the game besides slashing and help side shot blocking, to which he already possessed those skills and just merely improved upon?

Does no Heat fan ever take into account any other parts of the game itself? Kobe is a true master of the game from every aspect on the court and the last we've seen since MJ. Why else is Kobe considered the next greatest SG? Basketball purists understand the game and value his development through the years and the amount of work it takes to achieve them.

Kobe is one of the most fundamentally sound players the game has ever seen and he became that way by learning from pas legends. From ball-handling, footwork, mid-range shooting, his touch around the basket, high and lost post play, base-line fadaways, 3-pt shooting, jumpshooting off of either leg planted, defending, catch and shoot skills, and that doesn't even take into account the will and competitive fire that he has displayed throughout the years.

Wade winning 3 more titles wont put him higher than Kobe. Wade admitted himself on many occasions that he was fortunate to win the first one because he played with so many veterans and that Shaq commanded all the defense's attention.

It seriously irks me so much how overrated some Heat fans make Wade out to be. It's like all you guys think the game is about is highlight dunking and who is the fastest or most athletic. Kobe has achieved so much for a guy who was never as athletic as Lebron or MJ but that is also the same reason he is able to be productive as he is today even at this stage of his career.

The game of basketball is the most beautiful thing to watch when you understand the nuiances of the game. It's going to be a terribly sad day when not only Kobe retires, but players like KG as Duncan retire as well. I really do fear the a lot of the skills us old school fans love and appreciate so much will be lost among the new generations of players growing up and coming into the league.

That's just my piece on the matter. I don't mean to degrade Wade as much as it sounds but he doesn't belong anywhere near Kobe as an overall player. That's the truth and I know a lot of basketball purists feels the same way.

Supreme LA
10-24-2012, 04:09 AM
I'll name my first born Kobe and do the NBA a favor by never letting him pick up a basketball.

Do yourself a favor. Get off the Kobe hate and get a life.

Bullsfan22
10-24-2012, 04:56 AM
Jay Z treatment, don't like him but got to respect him.

Dade County
10-24-2012, 08:16 AM
Wade had no shot at passing Kobe at this point of his career and where his game has evolved which is no where. Can you honestly say to yourself that Wade has developed much at all in any skill aspects of the game besides slashing and help side shot blocking, to which he already possessed those skills and just merely improved upon?

If thats how you see Wade, then maybe you should watch more games. Wade shots come and go, especially now that Lbj and Bosh or on his team. But he has proven to be more efficient then most sg that take around the same number of shots and average playing time.

D Wade affects the entire game with his game play and basketball IQ

Does no Heat fan ever take into account any other parts of the game itself? Kobe is a true master of the game from every aspect on the court and the last we've seen since MJ. Why else is Kobe considered the next greatest SG? Basketball purists understand the game and value his development through the years and the amount of work it takes to achieve them.

Yes Kobe has worked hard and he is a very good player, but to me most of his fame is L.A media hype.... The league builds it's brand and Kobe is apart of that brand.

Not to take anything away from Kobe, he still would have bee a star player if he didn't play with Prime Shaq, but I don't think he would have won a ring or two if he wasn't in a Laker uniform.

Tmac wearing a Laker jersey instead of Kobe would have won those rings too.

Kobe is one of the most fundamentally sound players the game has ever seen and he became that way by learning from pas legends. From ball-handling, footwork, mid-range shooting, his touch around the basket, high and lost post play, base-line fadaways, 3-pt shooting, jumpshooting off of either leg planted, defending, catch and shoot skills, and that doesn't even take into account the will and competitive fire that he has displayed throughout the years.

Yes Kobe is a boss/student when it comes to the game of basketball... But doesn't he have the most career shots attempted & missed? He's a scorer, and had very good defensive skills.

Wade winning 3 more titles wont put him higher than Kobe. Wade admitted himself on many occasions that he was fortunate to win the first one because he played with so many veterans and that Shaq commanded all the defense's attention.

Yes If Wade wins 3 more titles he will clearly surpass KOBE as the 2nd best sg... Only thing thats holding Wade from that title right now is time ( I hope ).

I like Wade's game, when he is healthy and playing fearless; he picks his spots, I think he should try to dominate more time then none.

And once again, Kobe was very fortunate, to play for the Lakers Organization and he was blessed to play along side of Shaq.... Prime Shaq!!!

I mean seously, if you put Wade on those Laker teams, you don't think Wade wins 3 - 5 titles:confused: Wade & Shaq would not have had problems and they would have found away to win against Detroit ( but I am not a fortune teller... lmao).

It seriously irks me so much how overrated some Heat fans make Wade out to be.

I don't overate Wade, but most Laker fans & kobe loyalist overate Kobe in his later years of playing... he is no where near the same prime Kobe, but some of you guys are blind and in denial.

Some of you think right now that Kobe is on Wade level, right now. this is just crazy to me.

But I am tired of arguing and thinking about that.

It's like all you guys think the game is about is highlight dunking and who is the fastest or most athletic. Kobe has achieved so much for a guy who was never as athletic as Lebron or MJ but that is also the same reason he is able to be productive as he is today even at this stage of his career.

Kobe was really athletic in his prime, I really don't know what you are talking about here; but yes kobe style of play and his evolution has sent him apart from people in his era.

Kobe is a great basketball player, but I am not blind to the fact that he played with Prime Shaq and was apart of the Lakers organization. I mean any star playing for them will get hyped up all around the world, it's L.A man.

You will see with Howard.... It's already happening now, just imagine if he wins a ring 3 to 5 years from now.

The game of basketball is the most beautiful thing to watch when you understand the nuiances of the game. It's going to be a terribly sad day when not only Kobe retires, but players like KG as Duncan retire as well. I really do fear the a lot of the skills us old school fans love and appreciate so much will be lost among the new generations of players growing up and coming into the league.

OK...

Yes when Duncan leaves that will be a day to remember. I'll remember Kg in his prime more so then the Kg of now; don't get me wrong he is still a good player now, but I kind of miss his defense before his leg injuries.

And Kobe does what he does... I just never liked the fact that he takes soooo many shots, when he is not efficient at that.

That's just my piece on the matter. I don't mean to degrade Wade as much as it sounds but he doesn't belong anywhere near Kobe as an overall player. That's the truth and I know a lot of basketball purists feels the same way.

I'll take Wade all day... L.A can have their Kobe.

I guess you'll be mad when that day comes 5 years from now, when Wade is seen and recognize as the 2nd best sg off all time... it's just a matter of time passing man, (if Wade can stay healthy and he doesn't miss and entire playoffs and season).

Once again Kobe is great! But you could have put other players/sg's with that Laker team, and they would have won those 3 rings too; ( but yes, that doesn't mean those sg's/player would have been better then Kobe, it just would have token the hype machine off of Kobe).

JiffyMix88
10-24-2012, 08:18 AM
number 2 for me cant wait for his ***** *** to retire

KB-Pau-DH2012
10-24-2012, 11:19 AM
If Wade is going to surpass Kobe as the 2nd best SG all-time, doesn't that mean Wade will be a top 10 player in NBA history? :laugh2:

Anyways, this isn't a Kobe vs Wade thread, it's a shame that Dade County had to bring Wade into all of this when it's not even about him, and then SupremeLA acted upon it.

Stick to the topic Heat fans, and Laker fans, just view this thread, don't try to respond or else the thread will go off-topic like with this Kobe vs Wade garbage.

JiffyMix88
10-24-2012, 12:13 PM
Question to all non-Kobe fans > translation to Kobe's fan's heads > Let me click on this forum vote and argue that everyone should name their first child after Kobe

bucketss
10-24-2012, 12:20 PM
kobe is one of the four players that got me watching basketball i will miss him i don't judge his personality because i don't know him personally in the end i will miss him but i won't miss his annoying fans.

SteBO
10-24-2012, 12:20 PM
I was never a fan of his until I witnessed Shaq's departure from Miami. My thought process on him pretty much changed afterwards, and I've come to respect him as a player and a person believe it or not.

Say what you want about what transpired in '04, but in regards to issues with the Lakers prior to that year and beyond, it became clear to me that Shaq was a bigger problem. That's pretty much it. Kobe the player was always to be respected, but even I had problems with that because of his attitude and I realized I was hating just to hate. He's a fantastic player to this day, and it will be a sad day when he does retire.

AIRMAR72
10-24-2012, 12:57 PM
kobe is FINISH and he wont be missed at all by the league or the lakers, fake WILL to win. fake LEADER. fake jordan PERSONALITY and GAME STYLE. fake 08 MVP. fake CLUTCH genes... etc

LoveMeOrHateMe
10-24-2012, 01:07 PM
Never liked anything about him personally, in fact, lost all respect for him in 2004. He's earned back enough respect by growing up since then to be accepted as one of the top 15 players of all time. I'm not so sure this has been such a great era and I don't think he has dominated as much as many think. The Shaq-Kobe soap opera is one of the low points in NBA history and I hope it hasn't cheapened the game forever, because since then we have seen more hate among fans than ever before anywhere. Sad really. But that's mainly off court stuff.

He's redeemed himself pretty well, being especially statesmanlike in the Olympics.

Top 15 player? Lol he's arguably top 5

Oh and magic said it best Kobe has surpassed me as the greatest Laker of All-Time!

LoveMeOrHateMe
10-24-2012, 01:12 PM
Is hard to like the guy.

Always gets helps from other players to win rings Shaq Gasol ect..
Big Market team.
Bad personality on and off the game.

I respect him and I don't hate him but I won't miss him like other players like shaq Iverson T-mac ect ect.

Shaq never had help I guess
Duncan Didnt either right?
Big market team? That's irrelevant so let me guess you also hate every player from the Yankees? Redsox? Dodgers? Knicks? Nets? Ny giants? Jets?

And it's not so much he has a bad personality on and off the court all he cared and cares about is winning and that's why he's always focused non of this dancing around disrespectful Lebron crap...
Off the court you don't even know the guy, your reason for hating Kobe are face palm worthy.

smith&wesson
10-24-2012, 01:14 PM
black mamba 4life holmes

LoveMeOrHateMe
10-24-2012, 01:27 PM
If thats how you see Wade, then maybe you should watch more games. Wade shots come and go, especially now that Lbj and Bosh or on his team. But he has proven to be more efficient then most sg that take around the same number of shots and average playing time.

D Wade affects the entire game with his game play and basketball IQ

Yes Kobe has worked hard and he is a very good player, but to me most of his fame is L.A media hype.... The league builds it's brand and Kobe is apart of that brand.

Not to take anything away from Kobe, he still would have bee a star player if he didn't play with Prime Shaq, but I don't think he would have won a ring or two if he wasn't in a Laker uniform.

Tmac wearing a Laker jersey instead of Kobe would have won those rings too.

Yes Kobe is a boss/student when it comes to the game of basketball... But doesn't he have the most career shots attempted & missed? He's a scorer, and had very good defensive skills.

Yes If Wade wins 3 more titles he will clearly surpass KOBE as the 2nd best sg... Only thing thats holding Wade from that title right now is time ( I hope ).

I like Wade's game, when he is healthy and playing fearless; he picks his spots, I think he should try to dominate more time then none.

And once again, Kobe was very fortunate, to play for the Lakers Organization and he was blessed to play along side of Shaq.... Prime Shaq!!!

I mean seously, if you put Wade on those Laker teams, you don't think Wade wins 3 - 5 titles:confused: Wade & Shaq would not have had problems and they would have found away to win against Detroit ( but I am not a fortune teller... lmao).

I don't overate Wade, but most Laker fans & kobe loyalist overate Kobe in his later years of playing... he is no where near the same prime Kobe, but some of you guys are blind and in denial.

Some of you think right now that Kobe is on Wade level, right now. this is just crazy to me.

But I am tired of arguing and thinking about that.

Kobe was really athletic in his prime, I really don't know what you are talking about here; but yes kobe style of play and his evolution has sent him apart from people in his era.

Kobe is a great basketball player, but I am not blind to the fact that he played with Prime Shaq and was apart of the Lakers organization. I mean any star playing for them will get hyped up all around the world, it's L.A man.

You will see with Howard.... It's already happening now, just imagine if he wins a ring 3 to 5 years from now.

OK...

Yes when Duncan leaves that will be a day to remember. I'll remember Kg in his prime more so then the Kg of now; don't get me wrong he is still a good player now, but I kind of miss his defense before his leg injuries.

And Kobe does what he does... I just never liked the fact that he takes soooo many shots, when he is not efficient at that.

I'll take Wade all day... L.A can have their Kobe.

I guess you'll be mad when that day comes 5 years from now, when Wade is seen and recognize as the 2nd best sg off all time... it's just a matter of time passing man, (if Wade can stay healthy and he doesn't miss and entire playoffs and season).

Once again Kobe is great! But you could have put other players/sg's with that Laker team, and they would have won those 3 rings too; ( but yes, that doesn't mean those sg's/player would have been better then Kobe, it just would have token the hype machine off of Kobe).

Hahaha you make me laugh!
No way wade passes Kobe, he just never was and never will be bigger then Kobe at anything!
And no the lakers wouldn't have won a 3-peat with another star in Kobe's place because you know why? Because he was 100% times better defensively then the next perimeter player that was out there and he was clutch, but you know what else? He played his role perfectly he easily could have said **** it I'm taking over I want those finals mvp's and just gone balls out to get them but would the lakers have won 3 straight I doubt it Kobe was the perfect player, playmaker and the best fit for the triangle offense out of any star... I laugh at people when they say oh put so and so in Kobe's place and they still win a 3-peat? Haha please that wouldn't have happened! Oh and if t-Mac was so great why Didnt he win in his prime with a healthy Yao Ming?

LoveMeOrHateMe
10-24-2012, 01:29 PM
kobe is FINISH and he wont be missed at all by the league or the lakers, fake WILL to win. fake LEADER. fake jordan PERSONALITY and GAME STYLE. fake 08 MVP. fake CLUTCH genes... etc

:facepalm:

You know what's funny the only time I see you post is when a Kobe topic comes up and you bash him other then that you're gone and lol fake Jordan hey atleast he's worthy enough for u to compare him to jordan, loser!

KB-Pau-DH2012
10-24-2012, 01:30 PM
:facepalm:

You know what's funny the only time I see you post is when a Kobe topic comes up and you bash him other then that you're gone and lol fake Jordan hey atleast he's worthy enough for u to compare him to jordan, loser!

Why are you responding? This thread isn't for you.

Leave.

quade36
10-24-2012, 01:34 PM
I'd say move over Charles and Shaq. There will be a new person joining your team on TNT.

Bravo95
10-24-2012, 02:27 PM
Gonna be tough to make that argument if Wade gets another ring or more despite not being considered the best player on his own team (much like the case with Bryant right now, why many including myself likely won't change his all-time placement if LAL wins unless they have key injuries and he has a run for the ages or something like that). Same goes for if Wade doesn't make a strong case to win any regular season MVP/FMVP awards from here on out, also thanks to LeBron. DW is still a fantastic player, but LeBron's presence looms large.

DanG
10-24-2012, 02:38 PM

No more ideas to bash him huh?

DanG
10-24-2012, 02:44 PM
Where do I start

Are you ****ing kidding me? Are both LeBron and Wade ending top 5 and top 10 in your mind?

LoveMeOrHateMe
10-24-2012, 04:44 PM
I'd say move over Charles and Shaq. There will be a new person joining your team on TNT.

Kobe won't do that he's to big for that type of stuff he already said he won't even be a coach he said after he retires he might own a team or just disappear forever

Dade County
10-24-2012, 04:47 PM
So I complement Kobe, and I add that I hope Wade can surpass him to become the 2nd best sg ever, and all Laker fans/Kobe loyalist can do is focus on D Wade... WTF

I should of just bashed Kobe for no reason then.

Kobe was a great player and he is a oK leader, i will leave it at that.

KB-Pau-DH2012
10-24-2012, 07:37 PM
So I complement Kobe, and I add that I hope Wade can surpass him to become the 2nd best sg ever, and all Laker fans/Kobe loyalist can do is focus on D Wade... WTF

I should of just bashed Kobe for no reason then.

Kobe was a great player and he is a oK leader, i will leave it at that.

I mean you could have refrained from it because you know how PSD is, but even so, it's okay you said that, nothing wrong with it, as one of the criteria of this thread is that Kobe fans and/or Laker fans can't post in this thread.

So really, technically nothing wrong with you bringing D-Wade up. It is what it is.

So whatever I may have said regarding that, I take it back.

Nomar
10-24-2012, 08:03 PM
I feel like there should be a 4th choice to the poll...

KingOf215
10-25-2012, 12:34 AM
Overrated, but still one of the all time greats. Magic > Kobe.

KB-Pau-DH2012
11-04-2012, 01:35 AM
Many are once again have a beef with Kobe Bean in the NBA Forum, so this is the appropriate thread to vent out all your frustrations.

brodawgs
11-04-2012, 02:17 AM
Thread reads non-Kobe, non-Laker fans... only posts are by Lakers and Kobe fans.

:laugh:

He's one of the all-time greats, a little overrated in the fact that people compare him to Jordan, but he's not even close to Jordan. The main reason why I'm not a fan of him is the way he acts... with all the Kobe-System commercials and advertisements like it, and the way he deals with adversity. Whenever something negative happens he shrugs it off and doesn't take it seriously or gets mad too easily.

In my opinion, great players have to have good personalities, that means taking responsibility when things go bad, not basking in how great people think you are, and not being transparent when things don't work out.

Kobe fails at all three in the personality test. He has those Kobe-System commercials, which of course are not his idea, but if some one came to me with a commercial where I'm teaching a group of successful people how to be more successful, I would decline if I were in his shoes. It just makes him look like an *** who thinks he's better than anyone. When Jordan said that Kobe was in the top 15 all-time, he got pretty upset with reporters and you could tell he was annoyed that Jordan didn't think he was better. When the one time the Lakers had a bad supporting cast in the last 18 years he wanted out.

waveycrockett
11-04-2012, 02:24 AM
Lakers will be an average team without Kobe so def looking forward to it. Even with Dwight I dont see the Lakers winning another championship without sucking hard for a while and finding a true heir to his throne in the lottery.

But on a side note I am lucky to have seen the dude play.

torocan
11-04-2012, 11:45 AM
Always sad to see a HOF level player retire.

For good or bad, Kobe has had some incredible games and moments.

KB-Pau-DH2012
11-04-2012, 04:29 PM
New Kobe hate threads keep getting made. This thread is for you to shine Kobe haters. Let's have it!

RLundi
11-04-2012, 04:40 PM
Honestly, I won't bat an eye.

dnl123
11-04-2012, 04:51 PM
To me Kobe is a victim of comparisons. Because Kobe's name comes up in conversations that it shouldn't it makes people that appreciate the history of the game upset and they downplay his ability. I see Kobe as a great scorer mostly. I think he's probably one of the top 10 individual players to play the game, but to me he's barely on there.

Thunder-Sooner
11-04-2012, 05:09 PM
I really dont like Bryant but he has a spot as one of the greats, also I think jordan was better overall throughout his career but i think bryant at his peak was better than jordan at his peak.