PDA

View Full Version : Which team do you think wins the NBA Title in 2012-2013?

JordansBulls
10-08-2012, 10:13 PM
Which team do you think wins the NBA Title in 2012-2013?

JordansBulls
10-09-2012, 11:35 AM
Someone voted Indiana? Did they get better or something?

xxplayerxx23
10-09-2012, 11:53 AM
Ofcourse its going to be a homer fest.

Phenomenonsense
10-09-2012, 11:58 AM

Well, people are allowed to vote for NY teams, so obviously Brooklyn and Knicks get votes too. I say lakers though.

Da Knicks
10-09-2012, 11:59 AM
Knicks vs lakers with knicks winning in 6...

LoveMeOrHateMe
10-09-2012, 12:07 PM
Lol Knicks ain't going to the finals let alone beating the lakers in six!

Lakers over Miami in 6 Kobe has one of the greatest finals performances of all-time!

xxplayerxx23
10-09-2012, 12:09 PM
Yeah we will see if the Lakers can get past the Nuggets.

Da Knicks
10-09-2012, 12:15 PM
Lol Knicks ain't going to the finals let alone beating the lakers in six!

Lakers over Miami in 6 Kobe has one of the greatest finals performances of all-time!

Hope this gets brought back up at the end, Knicks have a very underrated team and have as good of a shot as anyone.

LoveMeOrHateMe
10-09-2012, 12:15 PM

Lol the nuggets won't be a problem you think McGee will stop Howard hahaha artest looks amazing on both sides of the ball and well Nash is Nash lakers in 5...

SaimuKala
10-09-2012, 12:18 PM
L.a lakers!

Gibby23
10-09-2012, 12:20 PM

What?

ink
10-09-2012, 12:21 PM
Lakers have the roster to win if they're healthy. Much better designed team than MIA. Plus Boston may make it hard for the Heat to come out of the East. OKC looked feeble in last year's finals so I'm not convinced they're an upcoming contender. The Spurs are the kind of team that could potentially take the Thunder out in the playoffs.

C-Wick925
10-09-2012, 12:23 PM
Why sooo many options? We all know the nba is rigged and the finals are already set.

Mitch Kramer
10-09-2012, 12:23 PM
Why are the bulls even listed here? they should be part of the 'other'

Pakman
10-09-2012, 12:25 PM
Lakers and its not even close. Metta looked healthy and in shape. If he brings it, the league is in trouble.

Showtime Steve
10-09-2012, 12:26 PM
Lakers vs. Boston

Lakers in 6

DR_1
10-09-2012, 12:31 PM
Lakers will sweep whoever they draw

Blitzbolt
10-09-2012, 01:03 PM
Clearly Miami they have by far the best Player in the game.LA has a better team but Lebron is just too good and he has Old role players in Allen and Shane Battier they have seen it all and that will get MIA over the the top.

I did pick Memphis just because.

DanG
10-09-2012, 01:07 PM
Clearly Miami they have by far the best Player in the game.LA has a better team but Lebron is just too good and he has Old role players in Allen and Shane Battier they have seen it all and that will get MIA over the the top.

Lakers have Dwight, Kobe, Nash, Gasol, Jamison, Meeks AND Metta to guard Bron.

LoveMeOrHateMe
10-09-2012, 01:11 PM

You act like Lebron is a whole team as good as he was last year in the finals I doubt he repeats that performance, give it up Lebron isn't doing it all... Lakers in 6 they are a much more talented and rounded team, + they have a higher basketball IQ...

Munkeysuit
10-09-2012, 01:19 PM
Miami, I think they have figured out how to win at any level, especially those grind out games, I would like to think the Lakers have the best shot on paper, but I really do feel it will take some time for this Laker squad to really develop roles and get acclimated to each others playing style.
Miami wins it all but not easily...

N3TS
10-09-2012, 01:53 PM
I think it will be a Lakers vs Heat Finals.

SteBO
10-09-2012, 02:15 PM

You act like Lebron is a whole team as good as he was last year in the finals I doubt he repeats that performance, give it up Lebron isn't doing it all... Lakers in 6 they are a much more talented and rounded team, + they have a higher basketball IQ...
Umm, Miami has Ray Allen, Shane Battier, Udonis Haslem, Dwyane Wade, Chris Bosh, and other role players more than capable of stepping up when needed.

But yeah, let's keep dismissing how well rounded Miami's roster has shaped up.....

SteBO
10-09-2012, 02:18 PM
OKC's chances are really going to hinge on how much they've learned from last year, and that includes Scott Brooks, who made some questionable rotation moves during the Finals.

xxplayerxx23
10-09-2012, 02:19 PM
Lol the nuggets won't be a problem you think McGee will stop Howard hahaha artest looks amazing on both sides of the ball and well Nash is Nash lakers in 5...

What?

:laugh2: 1. Im messing because LA fans are so damn annoying
2. :laugh: Are you kidding looks amazing its the ****ing preseason. Nuggets matchup great with the Lakers. Nuggets in 6 :dance2:

Hawkeye15
10-09-2012, 02:58 PM
The Heat have the best player, the best team, and play in the east, meaning they will probably be nursing a nice lead for the #1 seed by halfway through the season, meaning they can start giving rest to Wade and Bron, and be fresh for the playoffs, while the west teams will be in a dogfight until the last day for seeding. The Heat will also have a much easier path to the finals than any team coming from the west.

ink
10-09-2012, 03:01 PM
Umm, Miami has Ray Allen, Shane Battier, Udonis Haslem, Dwyane Wade, Chris Bosh, and other role players more than capable of stepping up when needed.

But yeah, let's keep dismissing how well rounded Miami's roster has shaped up.....

The lack of a credible C is problematic.

Hawkeye15
10-09-2012, 03:05 PM

It hasn't been so far. Why would that change? I understand the Lakers have a matchup advantage up front over any other team, but there are two teams that are far superior on the perimeter. One of which has just hit its groove, has the best player on the planet, and he was just given another shiny new shooter to play with.

naps
10-09-2012, 03:12 PM
The team that has the best player on the planet.

Jroz
10-09-2012, 03:22 PM
Nets..4,4,5,4 .....you can call me DoMeLopez ;)

Mr. LA
10-09-2012, 03:26 PM
[QUOTE=xxplayerxx23;23883725]Ofcourse its going to be a homer fest.

U mad?

xxplayerxx23
10-09-2012, 03:28 PM
[QUOTE=xxplayerxx23;23883725]Ofcourse its going to be a homer fest.

U mad?

:confused: no its going to be a homer fest for each team.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
10-09-2012, 03:29 PM
I've got the Heat winning it all but I hope it's a Celtics Lakers final.

ink
10-09-2012, 03:29 PM
It hasn't been so far.

It has been the whole time they've been together. We even have Bosh convincing himself that it will be OK to play the role he detested playing for most of his earlier career.

ink
10-09-2012, 03:30 PM
I've got the Heat winning it all but I hope it's a Celtics Lakers final.

I like the classic shaping up there too.

Mr. LA
10-09-2012, 03:31 PM
BTW Metta doesn't just look like a beast in the preseason.... He has worked his *** off all offseason and is in the best shape of his life... You can tell by just looking at him....his face is so beautiful (no homo) he looks like a statue...like a greek god....it's amazing...he was a fat *** just a couple months ago....He is back to Indiana Ron which = hands down best perimeter defender and capable of scoring 25 a game if he needs too (which he wont)

Hawkeye15
10-09-2012, 03:31 PM
It has been the whole time they've been together. We even have Bosh convincing himself that it will be OK to play the role he detested playing for most of his earlier career.

and the Heat exploit their matchup advantages better. They did last year. And now you have a relaxed and confident LeBron, with the monkey off his back. I just don't see any reason to not have the current champions, with the best player in the world in his absolute prime, as the favorites. The Lakers are going to have to fight off a team that many think are better to even get to the Heat.

xxplayerxx23
10-09-2012, 03:32 PM
BTW Metta doesn't just look like a beast in the preseason.... He has worked his *** off all offseason and is in the best shape of his life... You can tell by just looking at him....his face is so beautiful (no homo) he looks like a statue...like a greek god....it's amazing...he was a fat *** just a couple months ago....He is back to Indiana Ron which = hands down best perimeter defender and capable of scoring 25 a game if he needs too (which he wont)

:facepalm:

Dade County
10-09-2012, 03:42 PM
Dade County! :win:

Dade County
10-09-2012, 03:43 PM

:drunk:

SteBO
10-09-2012, 03:49 PM
Yet they've went to the Finals twice, striking gold once. :shrug:

I think it's been made clear that the Heat don't need a credible center as much as the blind say they do.

KB-Pau-DH2012
10-09-2012, 03:52 PM
The team that has the soft Spaniard, the Italian Rapist/overrated chucker, the Bipolar goofball who can't decide what he'll have for dinner, the white guy that smells like Canadian Moose piss, and that crazy psycho that goes by the moniker of World War and likes to elbow players and beat the crap out of fans.

HowFit
10-09-2012, 03:55 PM
Heat vs OKC finals...

ink
10-09-2012, 03:56 PM
Yet they've went to the Finals twice, striking gold once. :shrug:

I think it's been made clear that the Heat don't need a credible center as much as the blind say they do.

Let me get my glasses so I can see you. lol.

If LA ends up in the finals a C will come in handy. This time is different.

ink
10-09-2012, 03:57 PM
and the Heat exploit their matchup advantages better. They did last year. And now you have a relaxed and confident LeBron, with the monkey off his back. I just don't see any reason to not have the current champions, with the best player in the world in his absolute prime, as the favorites. The Lakers are going to have to fight off a team that many think are better to even get to the Heat.

Do you mean the Thunder? Didn't they disappoint you last year? I was amazed at how feeble they looked with KD jacking up three's and Westbrook making ill-advised drive after drive. They were thoroughly schooled.

ty_smitty21
10-09-2012, 04:15 PM

I don't think the Pacers have enough to win the title... the NBA is too difficult to win a title without superstars.

But the Pacers will be a very, very good team this year... with a chance to even be the number 1 seed in the East (since the Heat get bored in the regular season). They bring all their starters back, and should have a much improved bench... Augustine, Mahinimi, Green, and Young instead of Jones, Collison, Amundson, etc. David West will also be better this year, a full year removed from surgery... and Paul George, at 23 years old, might be ready for his breakout year.

Again, probably not enough to win it all... but a very good, and very dangerous team.

Im_in_Mia_bish
10-09-2012, 04:19 PM
hey everyone, quick!

vote for ur team!

PacersForLife
10-09-2012, 04:46 PM

I'm not going to go making any crazy accusations like we are going to win the title or anything, but yes we got better.

PacersForLife
10-09-2012, 04:47 PM
I don't think the Pacers have enough to win the title... the NBA is too difficult to win a title without superstars.

But the Pacers will be a very, very good team this year... with a chance to even be the number 1 seed in the East (since the Heat get bored in the regular season). They bring all their starters back, and should have a much improved bench... Augustine, Mahinimi, Green, and Young instead of Jones, Collison, Amundson, etc. David West will also be better this year, a full year removed from surgery... and Paul George, at 23 years old, might be ready for his breakout year.

Again, probably not enough to win it all... but a very good, and very dangerous team.

They could either become the recent Hawks or the '04 Pistons. Most likely the '04 Pistons if Paul George breaks out, and I think he will.

Edit: Again, not saying I think we are going to win the championship...

JNoel
10-09-2012, 04:49 PM
Someone voted the Knicks, end this thread now.

Mr. LA
10-09-2012, 04:50 PM
John Stockton
Michael Jordan
Bruce Bowen
Dirk Nowitzki
Shaquille Oneal

^^^ look familar to an NBA team right now? the current NBA team that is basically a carbon copy of that will win the NBA championship this year!

Gram
10-09-2012, 04:51 PM
Someone voted the Knicks, end this thread now.

:laugh2:

SteBO
10-09-2012, 06:24 PM
Let me get my glasses so I can see you. lol.

If LA ends up in the finals a C will come in handy. This time is different.
Sure, it would. But I firmly believe that Miami can hold their own. Dwight is unstoppable no matter who we sign. Even if we had a guy like Perkins, it wouldn't mean anything. All you can really do is foul, which can make him a offensive liability at the end of games.

Do you mean the Thunder? Didn't they disappoint you last year? I was amazed at how feeble they looked with KD jacking up three's and Westbrook making ill-advised drive after drive. They were thoroughly schooled.
They are what they are. The reason why many think OKC is better is because they're quicker, more athletic, have much better spacing, and they have the star power. LA's perimeter defense is one of their weaknesses just looking at the roster(I'm not going to take anyone who brings up Kobe & Artest seriously anymore, because they aren't what they once were on that end at this point, especially against a guy with KD and Westbrook's skillsets). We'll see, but I can definitely envision OKC knocking off LA in a series.

goose14741
10-09-2012, 06:26 PM
Lakers

celtics 34
10-09-2012, 06:53 PM
John Stockton
Michael Jordan
Bruce Bowen
Dirk Nowitzki
Shaquille Oneal

^^^ look familar to an NBA team right now? the current NBA team that is basically a carbon copy of that will win the NBA championship this year!

Bobcats?

Nycbball08
10-09-2012, 06:55 PM
Bobcats .. Lol

Hawkeye15
10-09-2012, 06:56 PM

schooled by who?

Hawkeye15
10-09-2012, 06:59 PM
also, why don't you agree with Hollinger? Do NOT take this personally, but is it because he paints such a big light on how great LeBron is versus Kobe for instance? Because his yearly rankings are closer than any other expert.

I find most the people that don't like Hollinger dislike him because he doesn't paint their favorite player or team in the same light that fan does.

amos1er
10-09-2012, 07:09 PM
I love how more people picked NY than OKC.

Bruno
10-09-2012, 07:09 PM
this thread will be a total homer-fest, and it shouldn't be used after the championship next off-season to 'prove' that LAL were the 'favorites' should they lose to Miami in the finals.

jerellh528
10-09-2012, 07:12 PM
Well, on paper the Lakers have the best shot at winning the finals, but we will see if it tranfers to the court well. I am highly optimistic because when you put together a team that has nash and pau, I don't think egos or meshing will be too much of a problem and this team probably has 3 of the highest bball IQs in the game in their starting lineup. This is pure speculation of course because the games are played on the floor as miami witnessed in 2010, even thought this team is constructed a lot better than the 10' miami team imo. I see the biggest drawback being the head coach, but we will see. Should be a fun season to witness.

ink
10-09-2012, 09:00 PM
schooled by who?

There was only one other team in the finals. lol.

ink
10-09-2012, 09:03 PM
also, why don't you agree with Hollinger? Do NOT take this personally, but is it because he paints such a big light on how great LeBron is versus Kobe for instance? Because his yearly rankings are closer than any other expert.

I find most the people that don't like Hollinger dislike him because he doesn't paint their favorite player or team in the same light that fan does.

Who doesn't agree with Hollinger, about what?

nyballa1991
10-09-2012, 09:07 PM
Lakers... knicks as a dark horse ( ppl really underrating that team)

JerseysFinest
10-09-2012, 09:20 PM
I'm surprised OKC has such little votes. I'm going with them. I think they're extra-motivated especially with the Lakers getting better, and their experience last year should only help them.

E.O.21
10-09-2012, 09:30 PM
Heat beat the Lakers in 7. The Lakers supporting cast is straight GaRRbage!! Ray Allen, Battier, Lewis, Haslem and those boys will have a great series and of course LeBron wiill go Insane in the finals with Wade and Bosh doing their thing. Heat in 7. Sorry people the LB era just barely started

ohreally
10-09-2012, 10:01 PM

Maybe not, but a healthy Bogut will. If Bogut and Curry ( doubtful already) can stay healthy, Golden State will match up very well against the Lakers.

ohreally
10-09-2012, 10:06 PM
Memphis beats the Celts in the finals.

Hey, what fun is picking the Heat or Lakers?

But how did the TWolves get on this list?

Hawkeye15
10-09-2012, 10:08 PM
There was only one other team in the finals. lol.

Yes, the Thunder were schooled by the best perimeter defense in the NBA, with the best player in the world. The Lakers don't present this problem.

Hawkeye15
10-09-2012, 10:09 PM
Who doesn't agree with Hollinger, about what?

His season predictions, standing wise (just started), and in general. Latino doesn't

JordansBulls
10-21-2012, 06:50 PM
this thread will be a total homer-fest, and it shouldn't be used after the championship next off-season to 'prove' that LAL were the 'favorites' should they lose to Miami in the finals.

What about against OKC? Do you consider LA the favorites over them right now?

iDefend10
10-21-2012, 06:52 PM
I believe it will be a LA/Miami finals (yeah I know its the obvious answer, but there is NO reason these teams should not be in the finals) I think LA wins in 6.

Honestly I would love to see OKC/Boston or something like that.

LoveMeOrHateMe
10-21-2012, 07:10 PM
Heat beat the Lakers in 7. The Lakers supporting cast is straight GaRRbage!! Ray Allen, Battier, Lewis, Haslem and those boys will have a great series and of course LeBron wiill go Insane in the finals with Wade and Bosh doing their thing. Heat in 7. Sorry people the LB era just barely started

Lol

Bishnoff
10-21-2012, 07:15 PM
Lakers

Ebbs
10-21-2012, 07:22 PM
Unfortunately Lakers.

I'd spread odds something like:

45% Lakers
35% Heat
15% Thunder
5% other 27 teams in the NBA

LeBron leading the Heat to a title over that stacked Lakers squad would hella help his legacy.

LoveMeOrHateMe
10-21-2012, 08:11 PM
Lakers it'll take time at first but after 1-2 months you're gonna see the monster unleash!! Lakers will start another dynasty!!

Dade County
10-21-2012, 08:15 PM
I think the script writers have made their decision already.

team HEAT

LakersMaster24
10-21-2012, 08:16 PM
Lakers fans vote for Lakers
Heat fans vote for Heat
Celtics fans for Celtics
Knicks fans for Knicks

Etc.

:laugh2: Gotta love the NBA.

TomahawkChop 10
10-21-2012, 09:57 PM
(insert name of favorite team here)
voted for the hawks... the first (and probably last) to do so. I can't see very much through my homer shades :dance:

Legitimate
10-21-2012, 10:04 PM
Denver Nuggets wins. Dwight quits La Lakers because they failed. :D

Zefflin
10-21-2012, 10:15 PM
LA, look at this ****ing team, some of you fools are ******** your pants watching the Lakers, they're going to be the #1 free throw shooting team in the nba...unless lebon and his new maid an act their way to that somehow haha

iDefend10
10-21-2012, 10:21 PM
I think Boston has a legitimate chance of coming out of the east. Their team is very deep and I can see them giving the Heat a ton of problems.

bucketss
10-21-2012, 10:22 PM
John Stockton
Michael Jordan
Bruce Bowen
Dirk Nowitzki
Shaquille Oneal

bahahahhahahahahaaha:facepalm:

iDefend10
10-21-2012, 10:27 PM
John Stockton
Michael Jordan
Bruce Bowen
Dirk Nowitzki
Shaquille Oneal

So your saying this Lakers team is the equivalent of Stockton, Jordan, Bowen, Nowitzki, and Shaq. LMAOOOOO no offense man, but their nothing like that.

UPRock
10-21-2012, 11:00 PM
Bobcats.

AIRMAR72
10-21-2012, 11:23 PM
boston... coach rivers and rondo will make it happen along with the new guys rondo and coach rivers will get best from those guys paul(almost finish) along with kevin(still got it) look ready to me

meadowlarklemon
10-22-2012, 05:42 AM
I'll take the Sixers

Baller1
10-22-2012, 12:01 PM
I believe it'll be a rematch of last year, and I think OKC can get Miami this time.

Evolution23
10-22-2012, 01:12 PM
It hasn't been so far. Why would that change? I understand the Lakers have a matchup advantage up front over any other team, but there are two teams that are far superior on the perimeter. One of which has just hit its groove, has the best player on the planet, and he was just given another shiny new shooter to play with.

The Magic always gave the Heat trouble because they had no one to guard DH12. I have a hard time believing Bosh is the long term answer at the 5 spot. Even if he's not playing full time 5, there is no answer for DH12. Pau Gasol can spread the floor for Howard with his mid range shot. Kobe, Nash, and Meta are known for making shots when they count.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
10-22-2012, 04:33 PM
Heat fans vote for Heat
Celtics fans for Celtics
Knicks fans for Knicks

Etc.

I voted for the Heat:shrug:

This is one of those times where public polls can be really useful.

JordansBulls
10-23-2012, 09:50 PM
Haven't watched preseason, but are the Lakers really 0-6?

D12 fan
10-23-2012, 09:55 PM
^lol

Dade County
10-23-2012, 10:02 PM
I think Boston has a legitimate chance of coming out of the east. Their team is very deep and I can see them giving the Heat a ton of problems.

You never no with the script writers, but I highly doubt they would create that matchup again.

They might go for a D rose come back story, or they might show the Knicks some love & have them make it to the ECF.

Thats the thing about a good soap opera ... you just never no whats going to happen.

KB-Pau-DH2012
10-23-2012, 10:03 PM
Haven't watched preseason, but are the Lakers really 0-6?

Yup, and damn proud of it! :dance:

JordansBulls
10-26-2012, 12:46 AM
How the hell did the Lakers finish 0-8 in preseason?:speechless:

Gram
10-26-2012, 09:46 AM
Detroit Heatlakers.

Slug3
10-26-2012, 09:51 AM

Howard didnt play in many and Kobe sat out some. Not to mention its pre season and usually the starters dont even finish games.

Slug3
10-26-2012, 09:52 AM
Heat fans vote for Heat
Celtics fans for Celtics
Knicks fans for Knicks

Etc.

Ya this vote is really to see how many fans of each team are on this site, lol.

JordansBulls
10-26-2012, 09:53 AM
Howard didnt play in many and Kobe sat out some. Not to mention its pre season and usually the starters dont even finish games.
I understand that, but it is not like other teams are playing there starters much either.

Ill21
10-26-2012, 10:21 AM
Knicks are back

SINCESTARBURY25
10-26-2012, 11:05 AM
All the people laughing and joking about L.A. being 0-8 i dont see how that is funny

JordansBulls
10-26-2012, 01:33 PM
Knicks are back
Hope so.

theheatles
10-26-2012, 01:49 PM

worst bench in the NBA

LivinLakers
10-26-2012, 02:08 PM
The Lakers were 0fer last year too. They have never won a preseason game under Mike Brown...time to fire him. :rolleyes:

ManRam
10-26-2012, 02:38 PM
The Lakers. The Heat have the best player...but the Lakers have easily the most talented AND complimentary starting 5. You couldn't craft a starting 5 better than that.

A PG who can do literally anything you need him to do on offense...be it run the offense or take a back seat and look to shoot.

A SG who can take over a game and score from everywhere on the court.

A SF who can defend, rebound and do all the dirty work.

And a 4/5 combo that compliment each other so well AND are both exceptional 2 way players. You have the strength, size and athleticism mixed with the length, finesse and skill. And both are upper echelon defenders.

It's unreal.

JordansBulls
10-28-2012, 05:25 PM
The Lakers were 0fer last year too. They have never won a preseason game under Mike Brown...time to fire him. :rolleyes:

There were only 2 preseason games last year though.

StarvingKnick22
10-29-2012, 03:28 PM
How could you not put Bobcats???
lol But in all seriousness, if Lakers dont win, a huge dissapointments, seeing that OKC doesnt care anymore.

KB-Pau-DH2012
10-29-2012, 03:40 PM

It's all that you mentioned above plus instituting the Princeton with this new personnel.

chong2204
10-29-2012, 03:48 PM
Lakers please.

mngopher35
10-29-2012, 05:40 PM
This is really hard to guess without seeing the Lakers play but I think they have to be my guess to win it all. The HEAT have the best player in the league, are defending champs and added allen+lewis so its very hard to choose against them. The thing is I think there is just too much talent on the Lakers and they look like the pieces fit. They have the most dominant defender in the league, low post scoring in gasol, and amazing pick and roll pg with howard and gasol, and of course Kobe. I think it will come down to Lakers Heat and could go either way but if I had to guess I'd say Lakers win it.

JasonJohnHorn
10-29-2012, 07:10 PM
Pulling for the Lakers because i want to see Nash get a ring... but if they don't win I'd like to see OKC win. I think OKC winning would be good for the league because it would prove that small market teams can win if they draft well. SA and OCK are two of the best run teams in the league right now, and for both, it's mostly about drafting (I'll throw Indy in there too, though they are just as much about making good trades and free agent signings as well). I think small market teams have two great models to look to.

knicks=love
10-29-2012, 07:28 PM
i picked the knicks just for ***** and giggles, but i think the lakers take it.

Frozenred
10-29-2012, 07:39 PM
1. Lakers
1A. Heat

LAKERMANIA
10-29-2012, 07:42 PM
Lakers have the roster to win if they're healthy. Much better designed team than MIA. Plus Boston may make it hard for the Heat to come out of the East. OKC looked feeble in last year's finals so I'm not convinced they're an upcoming contender. The Spurs are the kind of team that could potentially take the Thunder out in the playoffs.

I agree, if healthy the Lakers.. Also I'd love to see another Lakers/Celtics finals

KB-Pau-DH2012
10-29-2012, 07:46 PM
I agree, if healthy the Lakers.. Also I'd love to see another Lakers/Celtics finals
Hell yea, especially now that JET is on that team. I want revenge for 2011 dammit!

SteBO
10-29-2012, 08:07 PM
With Harden gone, I find it hard to fathom the Lakers not get out of the west. Hope I'm wrong because I really do like OKC even though they're considered rivals to the Heat in the eyes of some people. Miami and Boston personnel wise are very similar, with the only obvious advantage they have over us being Rondo. I hope they have another ECF against each other.

Should Miami get out of the east again, I like the different lineups they can use against the Lakers to negate their size advantage in transition/semi-transition. That goes for OKC too.

Don't count out the Spurs though. They have the depth, experience, and enough scoring offensively to come out of the West as well.

JordansBulls
10-29-2012, 08:41 PM

No more Lakers/Celtics finals. Maybe Celtics/Spurs for a Tim Duncan vs Kevin Garnett finals.

AsfanSince99
10-29-2012, 08:43 PM
wtf, Isaih Thomas voted for the Knicks 8 times.

koberulesall
10-29-2012, 09:02 PM
LAKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EVERYONE ELSE SUCKS BALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.....good luck with the whole clipper thing....

koberulesall
10-29-2012, 09:06 PM
No more Lakers/Celtics finals. Maybe Celtics/Spurs for a Tim Duncan vs Kevin Garnett finals.

you trying to put the whole world to bed or what?? lol!!!!!!!! one time i saw the spurs playing the suns and swear to god i saw dantoni nodding off no joke....

KB-Pau-DH2012
10-29-2012, 09:09 PM

Sure, if this was still 2005. :laugh2:

King-Wade
10-29-2012, 09:22 PM
Bobcats.

/thread.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
10-29-2012, 09:30 PM

It isn't as crazy as you think it is. The Celtics can be the Heat and the Spurs were 2 games away from making the Finals last season.

KB-Pau-DH2012
10-29-2012, 09:45 PM
It isn't as crazy as you think it is. The Celtics can be the Heat and the Spurs were 2 games away from making the Finals last season.

No, I meant the KG vs Duncan matchup, not the teams.

Although I think Boston has a better chance of the 2 teams to make it to the finals.

mightybosstone
10-29-2012, 09:50 PM
Wow. I can't believe 63 people voted for the Lakers. Are there really that many delusional Lakers fans on PSD who think the team is better than Miami?

Blitzbolt
10-29-2012, 10:42 PM
I think people don't give Shane Battier/Allen/Mario credit does dudes have seen it all MarioC in College and in the NBA and they other two are true vets.

Heat will win it.

jp611
10-29-2012, 10:44 PM
Heat

C-Style
10-29-2012, 11:10 PM
Unfortunately Lakers.

I'd spread odds something like:

45% Lakers
35% Heat
15% Thunder
5% other 27 teams in the NBA

LeBron leading the Heat to a title over that stacked Lakers squad would hella help his legacy.

:eyebrow::eyebrow::eyebrow:Why he's got a equally stacked squad?

KB-Pau-DH2012
10-29-2012, 11:11 PM
:eyebrow::eyebrow::eyebrow:Why he's got a equally stacked squad?

That he had to "join" in the first place. ;)

SportsFanatic10
10-29-2012, 11:12 PM
Wow. I can't believe 63 people voted for the Lakers. Are there really that many delusional Lakers fans on PSD who think the team is better than Miami?

yep, the #1 sg poll revealed that.

lakeshow2012
10-29-2012, 11:20 PM
Lakers all the way

quade36
10-29-2012, 11:25 PM
Kings

Dade County
10-30-2012, 12:07 AM

This...

KB-Pau-DH2012
10-30-2012, 12:09 AM

So that means all the GMs in this league must be Laker fans too, right? :rolleyes:

SportsFanatic10
10-30-2012, 12:11 AM
So that means all the GMs in this league must be Laker fans too, right? :rolleyes:

well if you value the GMs opinions so much you might as well give up on your hopes for this year since they voted something like 70% in favour of the heat repeating.

KB-Pau-DH2012
10-30-2012, 12:18 AM
well if you value the GMs opinions so much you might as well give up on your hopes for this year since they voted something like 70% in favour of the heat repeating.

Hey buddy, I'm just pointing out the fact that you're criticizing PSD opinion when other opinions are looking at it in the same way that might not be agreeable to you Heat fans. That's all.

SportsFanatic10
10-30-2012, 12:22 AM
Hey buddy, I'm just pointing out the fact that you're criticizing PSD opinion when other opinions are looking at it in the same way that might not be agreeable to you Heat fans. That's all.

well obviously laker fans outnumber heat fans on here so those types of polls are biased is all i'm getting at, including the one in this thread.

dee279
10-30-2012, 12:34 AM
Wheres the selection for Bobcats?

dee279
10-30-2012, 12:37 AM
Damn not even 1 vote for the Clippers?! O well go Heat!

WhiteSoxGod
10-30-2012, 12:47 AM
Houston Rockets

85BearsDefense
10-30-2012, 12:53 AM
Top 5 Championship Bound Teams

1. Lakers
2. Miami
3. Boston
4. OKC
5. Spurs

SportsFanatic10
10-30-2012, 01:00 AM
1) Heat
2) Lakers
3) Thunder
4) Celtics
5) Clippers/Spurs/Bulls depending on rose

metsfaninSTL
10-30-2012, 11:15 AM
lakers win imo

ManRam
10-30-2012, 11:22 AM
I'd love to see Nash get a ring, but that desire is far outweighed by my desire to never see Kobe get his sixth or Dwight get one in LA. Kobe winning his 6th ring could spawn the apocalypse.

JordansBulls
10-31-2012, 02:15 PM
If the Lakers ever gel they should win it all with the talent they have.

Hardaway Here
10-31-2012, 02:25 PM
to be honest we will be lucky if we even get to see a finals. #nibiru

JordansBulls
11-01-2012, 05:44 PM

Still would be good because they never met when both players were on championship teams. 2004 was the closest but LA ruined it.

DanG
11-01-2012, 05:47 PM
Lakers need some time. A seed around 3-4 is good. Miami is no question #1 right now.

JordansBulls
11-04-2012, 10:51 PM
Knicks look good right now. OKC and LA don't look too hot. Spurs look good as well.