PDA

View Full Version : Who has a better shot at a title?

Il Mago50
10-08-2012, 07:13 PM
Simple enough question, who has a better shot at winning the 2012-2013 NBA championship, how would you rank them among the other serious contenders and why? The teams in question are the Spurs and Celtics, let the discussion begin.

Il Mago50
10-08-2012, 07:43 PM
Personally I'd take the Celtics because of their depth at every position, improved size and rebounding ability and that suffocating defense. In terms of contenders, I see them vs. the Heat as a 50/50 series and against the Lakers and OKC, I see them pretty evenly matched.

Cal827
10-08-2012, 08:03 PM
Celtics. They are in the Eastern Conference, so they don't have a ton of heavy competition. From the list I see, the only team that can really challenge and should beat them in a 7 game series are the Heat (possibly the Pacers, or a psychoMelo). They have the depth, coaching and the talent.

San Antonio has those too, but unfortunately, they are in the Western Conference. Which means, that they are going to draw excellent teams from round 1, which would mean that they'll be more exhausted assuming they survive. A playoff season which contains Denver/Memphis, OKC/LAC/LAL, and OKC/LAL would kill them for the finals if they can somehow beat those three teams. But I don't think that'll happen. Age has to catch up with them soon, the athleticism and the development of other teams like Denver and the Clippers could take them down. I'm 50/50 on whether or not San Antonio will even get past the first round this year (at least right now, since there aren't really any injuries).

yonkerschampX4
10-08-2012, 09:23 PM
I say spurs they have all their parts and they can just roll over kobe's lakers with no problem

JordansBulls
10-08-2012, 10:18 PM
San Antonio because they had the best record in the West the last 2 seasons.

SanAntonioSpurs23
10-08-2012, 11:57 PM
Kawhi Leonard...... You'll learn

JasonJohnHorn
10-09-2012, 12:02 AM
I think the Spurs are the better team, but I answered Boston because they at least have a different team than they had last season. SA really hasn't added anybody or anything new to the mix. There are some players who should be improving, and some guys who will be coming down a little, but they are basically the same team they were last year, and that team came up short against OKC. OKC has a core of young talent that is getting better, LAL has made some huge moves that should improve their chances, LAC is in the same situation as OKC in that they got some young talent that is getting better AND they've added a couple pieces. It's going to be hard to go any further than they went last season, where as the Celtics have added some new pieces, got a couple draft picks coming in, so they MAY be able to improve. I'm not saying they will... frankly I dont see either of these teams winning it all, but where as I know the Spurs failed last season and haven't gotten better in the offseason because they have made no moves, the Celtics have a lot of changes which COULD helped them to improve.

But yeah... as much as I would LOVE to see Garnett and Duncan square off in the finals, I just don't see either of them making it that far in the playoffs.

Raph12
10-09-2012, 01:54 AM
As much as I love TimmyD and Pop, I have to go with the Celts, only because they play in the East.

Steelers23_06
10-09-2012, 02:04 AM
As much as I love TimmyD and Pop, I have to go with the Celts, only because they play in the East.

east isnt that easy anymore nets are a new team. knicks were never healthy all last season, pacers are improved and a year wiser, PHI just improved with the signing of Bynum. they arent just going to roll over teams like they did before the heat the past 2 seasons. they could be upset in the 1st round if they mess around

xcrisisx
10-09-2012, 08:40 AM
the eastern conference team

LongIslandIcedZ
10-09-2012, 09:33 AM
Celtics only have to get by Miami.

Spurs have to get by LA and OKC

DanG
10-09-2012, 09:47 AM
east isnt that easy anymore nets are a new team. knicks were never healthy all last season, pacers are improved and a year wiser, PHI just improved with the signing of Bynum. they arent just going to roll over teams like they did before the heat the past 2 seasons. they could be upset in the 1st round if they mess around

Miami and...?

Bulls without Rose, 76ers, Knicks, Nets, Pacers < OKC, Memphis, Denver, Clippers, Lakers,

thenaj17
10-09-2012, 10:48 AM
Perosnally i could see Clippers or Nets ahead of these 2 but my vote goes to Spurs. I just don't see Celtics coming out ahead of Heat. Both Lakers (bench, injuries) and Thunder (no inside presence, jump shooting team) have some concerns.

Minimal
10-09-2012, 10:59 AM
San Antonio. Celtics are 2nd best team in the East, but I just don't believe they are gonna beat Miami. San Antonio has all the tools and experience to beat LA or OKC, and I think they actually have a good chance to win against Miami in finals, if Miami gets to the finals.

JordansBulls
10-09-2012, 11:30 AM

Well once Rose comes back the East will be tough.

Shytown
10-09-2012, 12:41 PM
It's a tough question for me because of how easily the Spurs can get hot, once you count them out. lol
I'd say Celtics, but I can't count Spurs out.

Blitzbolt
10-09-2012, 12:54 PM
I'm not scared of the Spurs they are a regular season team who chokes in the playoffs.
Let them win 70 games who cares they will choke in the playoffs.

Same for the Bulls in the East.

N3TS
10-09-2012, 02:05 PM
I think the Celtics have a better shot at a title. They improved their depth at almost every position.

kdspurman
10-09-2012, 02:12 PM
I'm not scared of the Spurs they are a regular season team who chokes in the playoffs.
Let them win 70 games who cares they will choke in the playoffs.

Same for the Bulls in the East.

lol new season, new garbage to read! Especially from a Grizzlies fan

xxplayerxx23
10-09-2012, 02:21 PM
I like both teams. I think both can make it out of their respective conferences.