PDA

View Full Version : Whats scarier, Durant with Bron's passing or Bron with a 40% 3PT shot?

Pages : [1] 2

Chronz
10-08-2012, 12:36 AM
Simple Q

KB-Pau-DH2012
10-08-2012, 12:39 AM
Bron 40% from 3. :ohno:

justinnum1
10-08-2012, 12:40 AM
bron with 40%. i think this season he will be at 37%

xxplayerxx23
10-08-2012, 12:44 AM
Durant as ripped as Bron would be a better What's scarier Question lol.

SB1
10-08-2012, 12:46 AM
Bron 40%

The goods
10-08-2012, 12:46 AM
Bron from 3, Durant doesn't need to pass he has Westbrook for that. Lol

MetroMan
10-08-2012, 12:47 AM
One sided question. Bron

Avenged
10-08-2012, 12:48 AM
A Durant/Lebron hybrid :drool:

Eagles4Lyfe
10-08-2012, 12:48 AM
easily bron from 3, its practically only thing holding him back from averaging 30+ points a night easily

b@llhog24
10-08-2012, 12:50 AM
Seeing as LeBron is the better defender I'll go with him shooting 40% from 3.

Hawkeye15
10-08-2012, 12:53 AM
Bron with a 40% three for sure, as long it was something he utilized with 4-5 attempts a night at least. Durant would still be behind Bron even with his passing, due to defense for me.

Does passing mean playmaking btw? Brad Miller was an unreal passer, but he didn't create anything, he just made difficult passes.

seikou8
10-08-2012, 12:54 AM
lebron 40 percent from 3

Lucky.
10-08-2012, 12:55 AM
LeBron, without much thought.

Kuya_Clive
10-08-2012, 12:57 AM
my god, Lebron going 40% from three would be so unfair.

P Harvy
10-08-2012, 12:59 AM
I guess we will find out this season when he shoots 40 percent from range.

ChiSox219
10-08-2012, 01:00 AM
Lebron shooting 40% from three would mean he made an extra 6 treys last year. If we are only talking offense, I think the answer is KD.

Hawkeye15
10-08-2012, 01:02 AM
Lebron shooting 40% from three would mean he made an extra 6 treys last year. If we are only talking offense, I think the answer is KD.

exactly. Like I said, it would have to be a revert back to when he was taking 380 a season.

LoveMeOrHateMe
10-08-2012, 01:09 AM
Lebron shooting 40% from 3? Lol that's a joke right?
37% at best

mikekhelxD
10-08-2012, 01:10 AM
Bron with 40%

bootleg42
10-08-2012, 01:10 AM
Has LeBron's shot gotten that better?????

If LeBron can get 40%+ from the 3 point line, he can compete for a scoring title. But the question will be, will LeBron even attempt that many threes??? Compared with Kevin Durant, LeBron doesn't even attempt that many 3's to begin with. For comparison, in this past 2011-2012 season:

Kevin Durant: 1850 points overall season 133/344 3 pointers
LeBron James: 1683 points overall season 54/149 3 pointers

Notice that LeBron would have to attempt way more 3's to get near beating out Kevin Durant for a scoring title.

So the thing is not only LeBron getting 40%+ from three, but he would have to attempt a lot more too.

So when one puts this in perspective, Kevin Durant improving his passing would be scarier, because LeBron doesn't take many threes to begin with.

Hawkeye15
10-08-2012, 01:11 AM
37% at best

well, he shot 36.2% last season...

Besides, this is a hypothetical. I could easily have said, "Durant with LeBron's passing ability? This is a joke, right?".

Hawkeye15
10-08-2012, 01:12 AM
This is a hypothetical question, not asking which do you predict will happen. If that is the case, LeBron upping his % less than 4% is the easy choice. You don't just grow from an average passer into an elite passer out of nowhere. You can however have a year where you hit 6-10 more three's....

JLynn943
10-08-2012, 01:14 AM
exactly. Like I said, it would have to be a revert back to when he was taking 380 a season.

Exactly. He could shoot 4/10 for a season and then the answer is clearly KD with LeBron's passing ability. The 40% needs some context. If he's shooting a lot and making 40%, then it's easily the 40% option.

JordansBulls
10-08-2012, 01:16 AM
Is Durant holding the ball for nearly the entire shot clock like Lebron does?

Chronz
10-08-2012, 01:16 AM
37% at best
This isnt a prediction thread.

Hawkeye15
10-08-2012, 01:17 AM

If he had LeBron's playmaking skills, as well as KD's scoring skills, wouldn't you want him with the ball as much as possible??

JordansBulls
10-08-2012, 01:19 AM
If he had LeBron's playmaking skills, as well as KD's scoring skills, wouldn't you want him with the ball as much as possible??

Not taking the entire possession making my team anemic on offense.

Hawkeye15
10-08-2012, 01:20 AM

so that is why Bron's teams are always good offensive teams, because he dominates the ball?

Sorry dude, as a coach, I have no problem putting the ball in the hands of a top scorer and playmaker.

Nobody said the style is pretty to watch, but its effective as hell.

Hawkeye15
10-08-2012, 01:21 AM
btw JB, LeBron wasn't even the highest in usage. Hell, KD's own teammate was higher...

JordansBulls
10-08-2012, 01:22 AM
so that is why Bron's teams are always good offensive teams, because he dominates the ball?

Sorry dude, as a coach, I have no problem putting the ball in the hands of a top scorer and playmaker.

Nobody said the style is pretty to watch, but its effective as hell.

No that is why his teams can't get into the flow of the offense and many times can't score because he dominates the ball.

Chronz
10-08-2012, 01:22 AM

Only if he has the handles to carry the load without becoming turnover prone.

Which tells me both sides need additional context. Say Durant with Brons vision but lacking the handles. And Bron with 40% 3pt shot but only taking 1 more a game than he currently does.

I still think KD would be the greatest offensive player ever if he just had that vision.

Hawkeye15
10-08-2012, 01:23 AM
No that is why his teams can't get into the flow of the offense and many times can't score because he dominates the ball.

so? The greatest in the games history dominate the ball dude. Coaches want them to.

ChiSox219
10-08-2012, 01:24 AM
Only if he has the handles to carry the load without becoming turnover prone.

Which tells me both sides need additional context. Say Durant with Brons vision but lacking the handles. And Bron with 40% 3pt shot but only taking 1 more a game than he currently does.

I still think KD would be the greatest offensive player ever if he just had that vision.

What's wrong with KDs handle?

Hawkeye15
10-08-2012, 01:26 AM

Well, nothing. But its not even close to LeBron's level. He also isn't strong enough to take the bumps that go along with trying to handle the ball all the time. His turnover rate would rise.

IKnowHoops
10-08-2012, 01:27 AM

You forgot making the team an NBA champion. An anemic offensive NBA champ. Wow gotta be a first. I guess its just a testament to Lebrons greatness.

Hawkeye15
10-08-2012, 01:28 AM
You forgot making the team an NBA champion. An anemic offensive NBA champ. Wow gotta be a first. I guess its just a testament to Lebrons greatness.

well, anytime a player starts being mentioned with Jordan, JB goes out of his way to make sure his contributions state otherwise. Get used to it.

ChiSox219
10-08-2012, 01:29 AM
He's look like a guard to me :shrug:

Hawkeye15
10-08-2012, 01:32 AM

And he is used as a SF. Hell, he doesn't even lead his own team in usage. Durant isn't strong enough to get open by himself against many defenders. Its seriously his one weakness. With his physical strength, if you asked him to dominate the ball with the dribble, his turnover rate would skyrocket. He would be bumped out of position constantly. That is the one part of Durant holding him back from being one of the better offensive players I have ever seen. Strength, and his vision. Two things I suppose.

Chronz
10-08-2012, 01:33 AM
Its not Brons

MTone8788
10-08-2012, 01:34 AM
Well Lebron made 36% of his 3s last season.. And 40% would be 5 more made threes... So yeah, not that big of a deal.

Il Mago50
10-08-2012, 01:35 AM
Lebron would be the greatest player of all time skill wise if he had that 3pt shot sooooooooooo...have another question?

Hawkeye15
10-08-2012, 01:36 AM
Well Lebron made 36% of his 3s last season.. And 40% would be 5 more made threes... So yeah, not that big of a deal.

again, it would mean LeBron would have to go back to 5 attempts a game or so to make a difference. Last year, he and Wade went out of their way to not shoot them, especially early.

Hawkeye15
10-08-2012, 01:37 AM
People forget as well, if Bron were a 40% shooter out there, defenses would need to change their plan on him, meaning his windows into the lane would be more frequent. Its not just about him hitting a handful more three's, its about defensive gameplans needing to change.

Chronz
10-08-2012, 01:38 AM

Maybe a SG's but its common sense that his turnover rate would rise. As it stands he already has a higher turnover% and thats despite him scoring alot more off pindowns and set shots. His turnover rate in Iso+PnR are the highest in his repertoire.

Chronz
10-08-2012, 01:39 AM

How many more a game would he need to take for it to make you quiver ?

justinnum1
10-08-2012, 01:40 AM

Miami was top 5 in offensive efficiency past 2 seasons, I know your trolling is rusty due to the off season tho.

Chronz
10-08-2012, 01:46 AM
Miami was top 5 in offensive efficiency past 2 seasons, I know your trolling is rusty due to the off season tho.

Hes talking about the series vs Orlando, when the Cavs offense played the leagues number 1 ranked defense and absolutely tore it to shreds. He expected Bron to average 50 for how much he controlled the ball and for the Cavs to score at a 130 rate.

Hawkeye15
10-08-2012, 01:49 AM
Hes talking about the series vs Orlando, when the Cavs offense played the leagues number 1 ranked defense and absolutely tore it to shreds. He expected Bron to average 50 for how much he controlled the ball and for the Cavs to score at a 130 rate.

sure, when you surround any of the greats with garbage, they eventually run into much more balanced teams. Which is why I never took Cleveland serious as a title contender. Eventually, they were able to make LeBron's teammates step up, and they didn't have the talent to due so.

Chronz
10-08-2012, 01:50 AM
They were contenders in the sense that they were among the few teams with a decent shot at winning the title, but they were definitely not the best teams all things considered

Hawkeye15
10-08-2012, 01:52 AM
They were contenders in the sense that they were among the few teams with a decent shot at winning the title, but they were definitely not the best teams all things considered

Sure. If Bron's teammates actually stepped up and gave him some offensive relief when they played the real games, yes, they were contenders. I still never believed in them, unless teams simply didn't change their game plans and didn't build a wall around Bron, which is what happened eventually every year.

koreancabbage
10-08-2012, 01:53 AM
Has LeBron's shot gotten that better?????

If LeBron can get 40%+ from the 3 point line, he can compete for a scoring title. But the question will be, will LeBron even attempt that many threes??? Compared with Kevin Durant, LeBron doesn't even attempt that many 3's to begin with. For comparison, in this past 2011-2012 season:

Kevin Durant: 1850 points overall season 133/344 3 pointers
LeBron James: 1683 points overall season 54/149 3 pointers

Notice that LeBron would have to attempt way more 3's to get near beating out Kevin Durant for a scoring title.

So the thing is not only LeBron getting 40%+ from three, but he would have to attempt a lot more too.

So when one puts this in perspective, Kevin Durant improving his passing would be scarier, because LeBron doesn't take many threes to begin with.

well if he shot 40% he would shoot more. but then again Lebron is top 3 in scoring so he is in contention for a scoring title and he won it before.

Kashmir13579
10-08-2012, 01:54 AM
before or after these new flopping rules?

John Walls Era
10-08-2012, 01:54 AM
Every thread JB is trolling... or is he serious, can't tell anymore.

Hawkeye15
10-08-2012, 01:56 AM
before or after these new flopping rules?

Well, do you think the stars will actually be affected by this rule change? Besides, Bron only started doing this crap recently, when he saw how many more fouls he could draw. Pretty sure he was great before he joined the party.

JordansBulls
10-08-2012, 02:04 AM

Lebron never took an organization that never won anything to a title prior to him arriving. The Heat already won a title with Wade as the man.

Hawkeye15
10-08-2012, 02:04 AM
Lebron never took an organization that never won anything to a title prior to him arriving. The Heat already won a title with Wade as the man.

Your point? Not all greats get drafted into championship caliber organizations ready to win a chip bud.

JordansBulls
10-08-2012, 02:05 AM
sure, when you surround any of the greats with garbage, they eventually run into much more balanced teams. Which is why I never took Cleveland serious as a title contender. Eventually, they were able to make LeBron's teammates step up, and they didn't have the talent to due so.

Well when you are the #1 SRS rated team and you have proven champions on your team in Ben Wallace (4x DPOY and only 33 years old) and the only allstar on a title team that won it all and then Shaq who I might add was the allstar game mvp winner the season before and won allstar game mvp more recent than Lebron then I don't call those players garbage.

But then again we have been thru this enough already.

JordansBulls
10-08-2012, 02:07 AM
Your point? Not all greats get drafted into championship caliber organizations ready to win a chip bud.

I realize that, but that what makes you great. Taking an organization that never won and turning them into a champion vs going to a franchise with a proven champion already in there prime and cherry picking titles.

Kashmir13579
10-08-2012, 02:07 AM
Well, do you think the stars will actually be affected by this rule change?
hahaha no i don't. What is it like 30k after 6 of them?

Besides, Bron only started doing this crap recently, when he saw how many more fouls he could draw. Pretty sure he was great before he joined the party.
I'm just implying that he flops worse than Durant.

Chronz
10-08-2012, 02:08 AM
Well when you are the #1 SRS rated team and you have proven champions on your team in Ben Wallace (4x DPOY and only 33 years old) and the only allstar on a title team that won it all and then Shaq who I might add was the allstar game mvp winner the season before and won allstar game mvp more recent than Lebron then I don't call those players garbage.

Shaq and Ben were both hampered by injuries and a far cry from their prior form. Why must your ruin your legacy here on PSD with these regurgitated arguments?

heyman321

Lol just stop. Why do you always mention Lebron having Shaq and Ben Wallace as if they were 22 years old each? Shaq was washed up and Ben Wallace was washed up even more (he was already crap by the time he was with the Bulls).

And I don't why you always say "he never won a title with a club that had never won one before". SO WHAT??? Lol. Seriously waht is your point? seriously, articulate it, your arguments make no sense.

Hawkeye15

Yes, we have been through this. You still are incapable of really evaluating a roster. Let's move on.

JordansBulls
Every thread JB is trolling... or is he serious, can't tell anymore.

Do you have the Orlando series on DVD? If you do then you would know. Go listen to Doug Collins and see what he says in every game about Lebron when he has the ball in his hands.

Chronz
10-08-2012, 02:09 AM
I realize that, but that what makes you great. Taking an organization that never won and turning them into a champion vs going to a franchise with a proven champion already in there prime and cherry picking titles.

Lots of things make you great, your point is moot

JordansBulls
Lol just stop. Why do you always mention Lebron having Shaq and Ben Wallace as if they were 22 years old each? Shaq was washed up and Ben Wallace was washed up even more.

And I don't why you always say "he never won a title with a club that had never won one before". SO WHAT??? Lol. Seriously waht is your point? seriously, articulate it, your arguments make no sense.

Again if a guy is washed up he wouldn't have won allstar game mvp the season before.

Chronz
Do you have the Orlando series on DVD? If you do then you would know. Go listen to Doug Collins and see what he says in every game about Lebron when he has the ball in his hands.

Tell me how efficient Clevelands offense was in that series

Hawkeye15

No, being great makes you great. You know what makes a player stupid? Not realizing his front office is inept, and being "loyal".

JordansBulls
10-08-2012, 02:11 AM
Tell me how efficient Clevelands offense was in that series

It was bad because guys never got the ball until it was 3 seconds left on the shot clock. But then again they were up 15+ every game at home.

Hawkeye15
hahaha no i don't. What is it like 30k after 6 of them?
I'm just implying that he flops worse than Durant.

Not disagreeing. You just came off as a sourpuss about the flopping, when it has nothing to do with this thread at all. Durant hasn't been around long enough (btw, didn't they get rid of the rip thru's, BECAUSE of Durant?).

JordansBulls
Yes, we have been through this. You still are incapable of really evaluating a roster. Let's move on.

No actually I am and we all know the Cavs were the favorites over Orlando. That is a fact. Statistics show it as well as well as the records and the injuries to marquee guys like Nelson, KG in the East alone.

Chronz
10-08-2012, 02:12 AM
It was bad because guys never got the ball until it was 3 seconds left on the shot clock. But then again they were up 15+ every game at home.
Tell me how efficient Clevelands offense was

Hawkeye15
10-08-2012, 02:12 AM
Shaq and Ben were both hampered by injuries and a far cry from their prior form. Why must your ruin your legacy here on PSD with these regurgitated arguments?

furthermore, where is the consistency? Is it SRS, or HCA dude? Stick to your guns, instead of flip flopping when it suites you.

Hawkeye15
10-08-2012, 02:14 AM
No actually I am and we all know the Cavs were the favorites over Orlando. That is a fact. Statistics show it as well as well as the records and the injuries to marquee guys like Nelson, KG in the East alone.

Because you believe so? Nah, not buying it. I still say you have no idea how to evaluate a roster, and furthermore, take a personal vendetta against any player that is mentioned with his airness.

My opinion, of course.

Chronz
10-08-2012, 02:16 AM
furthermore, where is the consistency? Is it SRS, or HCA dude? Stick to your guns, instead of flip flopping when it suites you.

Refer to my sig for ultimate lunacy. Only in JB's mind can you compare those players with each other, which doesn't make sense because we both know that JB likes to use stats to support his argument, yet here he is completely ignoring the glaring disparity in their statistical contributions.

Bruno
10-08-2012, 02:20 AM

so what.

Supreme LA
10-08-2012, 02:50 AM
If Lebron shot 40% from 3-pt range.

Now if Lebron also had a very consistent mid-range game, and footwork and touch in the post like MJ to go with all of that, we would be talking about the greatest player in NBA history IMO.

Swashcuff
10-08-2012, 02:56 AM
Honestly I think its time for JB to really hang it up and stick to just create and bumping his threads. Its like the guy has Alzheimers or something he can't be serious with his posts. He absolutely ruins every LeBron related thread he posts in.

To answer Chronz's question its quite easily LeBron with a better 3 game. I think people are misunderstanding how simple this question is. Would you take a LeBron James with a much improved 3 game (ignoring his % last season) or KD with the ability to pass the ball like LeBron (not his unselfishness, vision :shrug: ability to read the PnR, handles etc) who would you take?

LeBron with such a deadly 3 point game means that you're going to have to defend him differently and it only plays into his hands since one would figure that the passing lanes for him with only be much wider. An improved 3 point game essentially means an improved overall offensive game for Bron and IMO even if KD is on LeBron's level as a passer he can't match him overall offensively. Then there is the other side of the ball.

Swashcuff
10-08-2012, 03:03 AM
Refer to my sig for ultimate lunacy. Only in JB's mind can you compare those players with each other, which doesn't make sense because we both know that JB likes to use stats to support his argument, yet here he is completely ignoring the glaring disparity in their statistical contributions.

All JB does is attempt to centre damn near all his posts to some convoluted Michael Jordan agenda. I mean seriously JB makes it seem as if he's super scared that MJ's G.O.A.T. status is in serious danger of being lost and he needs to defend him at all coasts by knocking his teammates.

JB's 100,000+ copy and paste posts on these internet forums have really taken a toll on him.

basketfan4life
10-08-2012, 10:14 AM
People forget as well, if Bron were a 40% shooter out there, defenses would need to change their plan on him, meaning his windows into the lane would be more frequent. Its not just about him hitting a handful more three's, its about defensive gameplans needing to change.

This is almost always a problem with PSD, thinking too simplistic acting like rediscovering the world. Your posts on the other hand a lot of times give us a break.

TheNumber37
10-08-2012, 10:27 AM
If Lebron shot 40% from three, all he would is career clutchness to surpass Kobe and maybe MJ. But he would also have to score the ball the way they did

JordansBulls
10-08-2012, 10:44 AM
Honestly I think its time for JB to really hang it up and stick to just create and bumping his threads. Its like the guy has Alzheimers or something he can't be serious with his posts. He absolutely ruins every LeBron related thread he posts in.

To answer Chronz's question its quite easily LeBron with a better 3 game. I think people are misunderstanding how simple this question is. Would you take a LeBron James with a much improved 3 game (ignoring his % last season) or KD with the ability to pass the ball like LeBron (not his unselfishness, vision :shrug: ability to read the PnR, handles etc) who would you take?

LeBron with such a deadly 3 point game means that you're going to have to defend him differently and it only plays into his hands since one would figure that the passing lanes for him with only be much wider. An improved 3 point game essentially means an improved overall offensive game for Bron and IMO even if KD is on LeBron's level as a passer he can't match him overall offensively. Then there is the other side of the ball.

Everything I said was true and there is absolutely nothing you can do to prove it wrong. I have articles and stats to prove the answers and not just a personel viewpoint. You guys on the other hand use personel view of Lebron's cast after the fact but during those seasons the majority said the Cavs would win.

JordansBulls
10-08-2012, 10:46 AM
All JB does is attempt to centre damn near all his posts to some convoluted Michael Jordan agenda. I mean seriously JB makes it seem as if he's super scared that MJ's G.O.A.T. status is in serious danger of being lost and he needs to defend him at all coasts by knocking his teammates.

JB's 100,000+ copy and paste posts on these internet forums have really taken a toll on him.

No, all I do is provide the facts and details of what happened and the viewpoint of how the Cavs were perceived by everyone at the time. You say the copy and paste but that is mainly because everyone gives the same damn excuse every time. Notice no one ever uses those excuses for Dirk or Dwight or Kobe, but it is always used for Lebron.

And I actually stayed on topic of the thread it was your boy

IKnowHoops

who changed the topic around.

THE MTL
10-08-2012, 11:34 AM
Lebron 40% from three would truly make him unguardable. There would be nothing you can do with him.

ChiSox219
10-08-2012, 12:23 PM
Lebron would have to shoot a lot higher than 40% from 3 for me to adjust in any way that would allow him more attacking lanes.

Im_in_Mia_bish
10-08-2012, 01:55 PM
wow JB's comments are just silly...

Im_in_Mia_bish
10-08-2012, 01:58 PM
Lebron would have to shoot a lot higher than 40% from 3 for me to adjust in any way that would allow him more attacking lanes.

in this hypothetical situation, 40% 3 point shooter, would mean lebron would have a ray allen, kyle korver, mike miller, etc shooting ability along with his current ability.

and you wouldn't adjust your game plan for him?
that would basically mean he could be taking 17 shots a game just from beyond the arc based on your sagging gameplan.

no team would sag off of those 3 point specialists. and they wouldnt sag off of bron if he was a 40% shooter.

end of discussion.

Im_in_Mia_bish
10-08-2012, 02:06 PM

:facepalm:
first off Ben Wallace only played 22 games during his 1st season with the cavs, when he was "only 33" because majority of the season he was with your bulls.
second, he was a shell of his former self, hence why he was regulated to the bench the following year during the playoffs.

now onto Shaq, basically you think a 37 year old shaq(played 53 games due to injury with the cavs), who would retire the next season after playing only 37 games with the celtics isnt garbage?

and than to make matters worse, you praise his previous season stats, as if 10 points and 5.5 rebounds during the playoffs for a starting center isnt proof itself that the guy was washed up? lol are you mentally stable?

Storch
10-08-2012, 02:09 PM
Kobe with lebron's passing.

^ trolling level 100.

JordansBulls
10-08-2012, 02:14 PM
:facepalm:
first off Ben Wallace only played 22 games during his 1st season with the cavs, when he was "only 33" because majority of the season he was with your bulls.
second, he was a shell of his former self, hence why he was regulated to the bench the following year during the playoffs.

now onto Shaq, basically you think a 37 year old shaq(played 53 games due to injury with the cavs), who would retire the next season after playing only 37 games with the celtics isnt garbage?

and than to make matters worse, you praise his previous season stats, as if 10 points and 5.5 rebounds during the playoffs for a starting center isnt proof itself that the guy was washed up? lol are you mentally stable?

Like I said if he was washed up he wouldn't had won the allstar game mvp the season before. Someone who is washed up doesn't win ASG the season before.

And I never said Ben Wallace was at his peak on Cleveland. I said he won a title as the only allstar on his team and was a proven winner. That means more.

bringinwood
10-08-2012, 02:23 PM
Lebron with a 40% from deep would make him the goat...

No one would match that arsenal... Not Wilt or MJ...

He's already better and higher rated than guys like Kobe all time... Give him that for a few seasons and without question, he rises to the tip of the top

Im_in_Mia_bish
10-08-2012, 02:32 PM
Like I said if he was washed up he wouldn't had won the allstar game mvp the season before. Someone who is washed up doesn't win ASG the season before.

And I never said Ben Wallace was at his peak on Cleveland. I said he won a title as the only allstar on his team and was a proven winner. That means more.

thats just silly. so you dont think a player's talents can diminish in a year's time? lol

whether its due to age, injuries, etc?

Htownballa1622
10-08-2012, 02:36 PM

Is this just your opinion?

Can you prove this?

JordansBulls
10-08-2012, 02:41 PM
Is this just your opinion?

Can you prove this?

http://www.basketball-reference.com/allstar/NBA_2009.html

MVP: Kobe Bryant and Shaquille O'Neal

ChiSox219
10-08-2012, 02:47 PM
in this hypothetical situation, 40% 3 point shooter, would mean lebron would have a ray allen, kyle korver, mike miller, etc shooting ability along with his current ability.

and you wouldn't adjust your game plan for him?
that would basically mean he could be taking 17 shots a game just from beyond the arc based on your sagging gameplan.

no team would sag off of those 3 point specialists. and they wouldnt sag off of bron if he was a 40% shooter.

end of discussion.

Lebron shot 75% at the basket last year, is elite at getting to the line, and is an all time great passer, I would prefer to force him into long 2s but he can have the 3 if it keeps him out of the paint.

JasonJohnHorn
10-08-2012, 03:14 PM
Bron.

Swashcuff
10-08-2012, 03:15 PM
Lebron shot 75% at the basket last year, is elite at getting to the line, and is an all time great passer, I would prefer to force him into long 2s but he can have the 3 if it keeps him out of the paint.

Didn't you take Durant?

Htownballa1622
10-08-2012, 03:21 PM
http://www.basketball-reference.com/allstar/NBA_2009.html

MVP: Kobe Bryant and Shaquille O'Neal

Lol. Let me be more specific.

Who's criteria is that? " Someone who is washed up doesn't win ASG the season before."

Ebbs
10-08-2012, 03:22 PM
Bron with 40%

b@llhog24
10-08-2012, 03:33 PM
Lol. Let me be more specific.

Who's criteria is that? " Someone who is washed up doesn't win ASG the season before."

Prepare to get ignored.

Htownballa1622
10-08-2012, 03:39 PM
Prepare to get ignored.

Lol

Swashcuff
10-08-2012, 03:49 PM
I mean seriously. A man wins the ASG MVP and suddenly that trumps everything else that's going on around him. Shaq could have played two games alongside LeBron James but just the mere fact that he was on the floor and he won the ASG MVP the year before means that he should have won a title with LeBron. Health doesn't matter, age doesn't matter, production as a result of his inability to remain healthy and aged 7 foot 320 lbs body doesn't matter. All that matters is that he came off the bench and scored 19 quick with 8 weakly to uncontested dunks and that means that LeBron James was a failure.

Shaq was a hometown player and was extremely entertaining from even before the game started that more so than anything was the reason as to why he won the MVP award.

JB :pity:

Supreme LA
10-08-2012, 03:50 PM
Lebron with a 40% from deep would make him the goat...

No one would match that arsenal... Not Wilt or MJ...

He's already better and higher rated than guys like Kobe all time... Give him that for a few seasons and without question, he rises to the tip of the top

Wrong. He would still need to develop a very consistent midrange game and better touch and footwork in the post. If he did that, he would very well likely be the GOAT.

JordansBulls
10-08-2012, 04:21 PM
I mean seriously. A man wins the ASG MVP and suddenly that trumps everything else that's going on around him. Shaq could have played two games alongside LeBron James but just the mere fact that he was on the floor and he won the ASG MVP the year before means that he should have won a title with LeBron. Health doesn't matter, age doesn't matter, production as a result of his inability to remain healthy and aged 7 foot 320 lbs body doesn't matter. All that matters is that he came off the bench and scored 19 quick with 8 weakly to uncontested dunks and that means that LeBron James was a failure.

Shaq was a hometown player and was extremely entertaining from even before the game started that more so than anything was the reason as to why he won the MVP award.

JB :pity:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/201005110CLE.html

Shaq dominated in the pivotal game with the series tied up 2-2 while Lebron disappeared.

DR_1
10-08-2012, 04:48 PM
I have to say LeBron. Now imagine Dwight with a 40% 3 point shot...

Htownballa1622
10-08-2012, 05:14 PM
http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/201005110CLE.html

Shaq dominated in the pivotal game with the series tied up 2-2 while Lebron disappeared.

Where was ShaQ when Lebron needed help the other games?

And are you going to answer my question please ? :)

JordansBulls
10-08-2012, 05:31 PM
Where was ShaQ when Lebron needed help the other games?

And are you going to answer my question please ? :)

He played in all of the games. He just didn't the ball much because of how ball dominant James is.

Htownballa1622
10-08-2012, 06:28 PM
He played in all of the games. He just didn't the ball much because of how ball dominant James is.

I can't believe you're too serious.

are you going to answer the question i asked?

Alayla
10-08-2012, 06:47 PM
LBJ with a shot... omg... best player ever? lol

dodie53
10-08-2012, 06:51 PM
lebron with long hair would be scarier

JordansBulls
10-08-2012, 10:27 PM
I can't believe you're too serious.

are you going to answer the question i asked?

What question? I answered it earlier my friend.

The_Jamal
10-08-2012, 10:32 PM
Bron with 40% 3pt shooting. The NBA might as well quit if that happens

Htownballa1622
10-09-2012, 12:21 AM
What question? I answered it earlier my friend.

You said and i quote, "someone who is washed up doesn't win ASG the season before."

i responded by asking....

"Is this just your opinion? Can you prove this?"

Raph12
10-09-2012, 01:53 AM
Lebron shooting 40% from 3; he's a significantly better m2m, weakside and post defender, so he'd still be a much more complete player.

Steelers23_06
10-09-2012, 03:04 AM
but if you do that arent they almost the same player lol? that is what makes them different imo. i think lebron is a wayyy better defender so obv lebron but offensively i think thats pretty much what separates em. durant is a consistently great shooter and lebron makes those around him better with his playmaking ability. so if you give each other the opposite they equal out and then your pretty much just looking at D

naps
10-09-2012, 03:20 AM
LeBron with 40% from three point line would make it an unfair game for his close competitors. Seriously, how would you guard this man if that happened? I can guarantee he comfortably averages 30 PPG if it really happens even with Wade and Bosh playing with him.

jerellh528
10-09-2012, 03:36 AM
he wasnt that far off from .400 this season, he was at .362, its not like he would be the god of bball if it happened.

Steelers23_06
10-09-2012, 03:43 AM
he wasnt that far off from .400 this season, he was at .362, its not like he would be the god of bball if it happened.

4 percent is a lot in bball man it's the difference in lebrons career so far and birds and you can't even compare their three point shooting.

Steelers23_06
10-09-2012, 03:48 AM
Put it like this if his 3% was forty last year just off the amount he shot would have made him the scoring champ so imagine if it was as a consistent as Durant he would easily avg 30+ even with wade and bosh like one of my peers said

TrueFan420
10-09-2012, 03:51 AM
Objection leading the witness

SMH!
10-09-2012, 04:10 AM
thats not even a question, its Lebron with a 3.

naps
10-09-2012, 04:14 AM

Kidding? You do realize he will shoot it every single chance he gets if he starts making threes consistently at 40% rate, right?

basketfan4life
10-09-2012, 04:20 AM
Lebron is the best player in the world. No question needed. But i have to agree with JB about Orlando series. While he was phenomenal, he took away from others in "that" series.

Look at this box score.
http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/200905240ORL.html

He scored 41 with 28 shots, and he shot 24 FT's, to go along with 9 asists. He only made 2 jump shots that game. All of his other buckets were in the lane. You know how much ball dominant that is? He was with the ball almost entire shot clock, shot at the end of the clock. If you do this, you can't expect much contrubition from other players.

Mo Williams shot 10 3's that game, even Z shot 3 3 pointers. Almost all of this shots were after LBJ playing with the ball too much, couldn't find an open lane and passing to these man for them to just shoot. You are not winning like this.

And look at this one, http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/200905260ORL.html
29 shots, 18 ft's, 7 assists, 8 TO's, this is as ball dominant as it gets. If you play like this, there is 2 options for your teammates, 1- Make your shots when you get the ball and you are good 2- Miss them and you are screwed.

It was Mike Brown's fault to some degree, and it was LBJ's fault to some degree. And this is the part where i can't have an argument with people who use advanced stats without context. Those years i couldn't say LBJ is the best in the world despite of his advanced stats. I tought they were overblowing what he does on the court. But now i think his impact on the game is as big as his stats.

While i agree with LBJ is the best player in the world now, JB has a point here. And it's not that hard to see.

Chronz
10-09-2012, 05:30 AM
Lebron is the best player in the world. No question needed. But i have to agree with JB about Orlando series. While he was phenomenal, he took away from others in "that" series.
The offense was no different than it had been all year and those players were garbage when LeBron wasn't on the floor so I dont see the evidence for him taking away from others. Particularly when OFFENSE ISNT WHAT KILLED THE CAVS. Their offense was humming along, it was their defense that had gone awol.

Look at this box score.

He scored 41 with 28 shots, and he shot 24 FT's, to go along with 9 asists. He only made 2 jump shots that game. All of his other buckets were in the lane. You know how much ball dominant that is? He was with the ball almost entire shot clock, shot at the end of the clock. If you do this, you can't expect much contrubition from other players.
LOL him making shots in the paint is what you want, if hes chucking the offense isnt what worked for them in the regular season. Your excuses dont exonerate poor defense nor do they detract from Bron's greatness that series, its not his fault his best player was Mo Williams and that Ben Wallace was injured/old.

Mo Williams shot 10 3's that game, even Z shot 3 3 pointers. Almost all of this shots were after LBJ playing with the ball too much, couldn't find an open lane and passing to these man for them to just shoot. You are not winning like this.
The Magic won with Rafer Alston chucking 6-12 3's because of Brown's gameplan. **** they had someone come off the bench and go 5-11 from 3s. Stop kidding yourself, to have expected Bron to do anything more in that series or to pin it as a shameful performance on his part or any thing of the sort is nothing short of ignorance. And this was the game that Collins says something along the lines of Bron having to force the issue because his teammates aren't showing up.

It was Mike Brown's fault to some degree, and it was LBJ's fault to some degree. And this is the part where i can't have an argument with people who use advanced stats without context. Those years i couldn't say LBJ is the best in the world despite of his advanced stats. I tought they were overblowing what he does on the court. But now i think his impact on the game is as big as his stats.
Sounds to me like your ignoring context all together and making blind assumptions with basic stats. I can understand why you would have love for Kobe and his intangible worth, but your complaints against Bron have been petty.

While i agree with LBJ is the best player in the world now, JB has a point here. And it's not that hard to see.
Nope, the offense wasn't the problem, it was the fact that EVERY OTHER TEAM IN THE PLAYOFFS was able to hold Dwight down somewhat.... the Cavs were unable to slow him or their 4-out spread. Their ONLY WINS came in games when they slowed Dwight down. He dropped 40PTS with a 149 Offensive RTG for **** sake. Hes basically gos from producing at a rate Shaq would envy to like 15ppg or some **** and you think its Brons offensive mindset that was the difference? Holy cow your dillusional

basketfan4life
10-09-2012, 06:26 AM
1-The offense was no different than it had been all year and those players were garbage when LeBron wasn't on the floor so I dont see the evidence for him taking away from others. Particularly when OFFENSE ISNT WHAT KILLED THE CAVS. Their offense was humming along, it was their defense that had gone awol.

2-LOL him making shots in the paint is what you want, if hes chucking the offense isnt what worked for them in the regular season. Your excuses dont exonerate poor defense nor do they detract from Bron's greatness that series, its not his fault his best player was Mo Williams and that Ben Wallace was injured/old.

The Magic won with Rafer Alston chucking 6-12 3's because of Brown's gameplan. **** they had someone come off the bench and go 5-11 from 3s. Stop kidding yourself, to have expected Bron to do anything more in that series or to pin it as a shameful performance on his part or any thing of the sort is nothing short of ignorance. 3-And this was the game that Collins says something along the lines of Bron having to force the issue because his teammates aren't showing up.

4-Sounds to me like your ignoring context all together and making blind assumptions with basic stats. I can understand why you would have love for Kobe and his intangible worth, but your complaints against Bron have been petty.

Nope, the offense wasn't the problem, it was the fact that EVERY OTHER TEAM IN THE PLAYOFFS was able to hold Dwight down somewhat.... the Cavs were unable to slow him or their 4-out spread. Their ONLY WINS came in games when they slowed Dwight down. 5-He dropped 40PTS with a 149 Offensive RTG for **** sake. Hes basically gos from producing at a rate Shaq would envy to like 15ppg or some **** and you think its Brons offensive mindset that was the difference? 6-Holy cow your dillusional

First of all, you don't need personal attacks to make your point. What i don't get is, when Kobe fans and LBJ fans take criticism as if someone said very bad things about their religion/family or something. I don't ever get this.

Bolded parts: 1- It was different, lebron was more ball dominant than ever. If your primary scorer and primary playmaker is the same player, he needs to be very careful with that balance. And that balance was clearly not the same as regular season and prior rounds.

2- Him making shots is what i want, on the other hand him dominating the ball almost entire shot clock, and making his teammates only shooting treats is what i don't want.

3- It's funny that when JB shows people's opinion prior to the series and say cavs were the favourites, you kill him for that but when it fits your agenda you do the same thing, now i'm going to do the same, if Doug Collins says it is it actually true? Now you can do the same as amosfer and some other people and say; "i take a coach's opinion over yours".

4- Actually i didn't make any assumptions. Also basic stats isn't evil, i know advanced ones hold bigger value, but if a player shooting 28 shots,24 ft's , makes 7 assists and only 2 of his made shots are actually jump shots doesn't say you he was very ball dominant that game, i don't know what does.

5-I already said he was individiualy phenomenal that game/series.What are you talking about.

6-Again, enough with the personel attacks. I know you won't agree with me, not gonna try to change your mind too. But all i'm saying is lbj is the best player in the world but he was more ball dominant than needed in that Orlando series. And you can't even take this without going out of your way?

Chronz
10-09-2012, 12:09 PM
First of all, you don't need personal attacks to make your point. What i don't get is, when Kobe fans and LBJ fans take criticism as if someone said very bad things about their religion/family or something. I don't ever get this.
What personal attack? And criticism when valid is fine, but the complaints against Bron are so ridiculously petty that they hold no water.

Bolded parts: 1- It was different, lebron was more ball dominant than ever. If your primary scorer and primary playmaker is the same player, he needs to be very careful with that balance. And that balance was clearly not the same as regular season and prior rounds.
False, it was the same philosophy. Like when Nash faced the Spurs that one year and they wanted to make him a scorer vs getting everyone involved. Nash wasn't running a different offense despite him becoming more ball ball dominant when they did that, he was simply taking what the defense was giving him and trying to optimize the unit. Bron was simply responding to the defensive tactics employed by the opposition and adjusting. The end results were beautiful, sadly basketball is about what you do on BOTH ENDS. So as great as their offense was, they still had to stop the other team.

2- Him making shots is what i want, on the other hand him dominating the ball almost entire shot clock, and making his teammates only shooting treats is what i don't want.
He did make shots, he made awhole lot of them and his contributions made their offense elite.

3- It's funny that when JB shows people's opinion prior to the series and say cavs were the favourites, you kill him for that but when it fits your agenda you do the same thing, now i'm going to do the same, if Doug Collins says it is it actually true? Now you can do the same as amosfer and some other people and say; "i take a coach's opinion over yours".
I have never done the same, what exactly are you trying to say here. Doug Collins was brought up because if you actually paid attention to JB's argument, its HIS REPUTABLE SOURCE. His OWN SOURCE is the one who touches on that subject. My opinion holds up without his testimony so your point is moot anyways.

4- Actually i didn't make any assumptions. Also basic stats isn't evil, i know advanced ones hold bigger value, but if a player shooting 28 shots,24 ft's , makes 7 assists and only 2 of his made shots are actually jump shots doesn't say you he was very ball dominant that game, i don't know what does.

It tells me your ignoring context and the results. He was running the same offense he had been all year and getting splendid production for the unit, with the team playing even worse without him on the court so its pretty obvious they NEEDED his "ball dominance". And again, you want him slashing to the rim so I dont know why you keep harping about jumpshots.

5-I already said he was individiualy phenomenal that game/series.What are you talking about.
That was Dwight, not Bron.

6-Again, enough with the personel attacks.
Again? I thought this was the one you were talking about, what was the first instance?

I know you won't agree with me, not gonna try to change your mind too. But all i'm saying is lbj is the best player in the world but he was more ball dominant than needed in that Orlando series. And you can't even take this without going out of your way?

Even if we pretend you had a point (which you dont because all evidence suggests that the Cavs needed him to be MORE ball dominant), its such an insignificant complaint because the Cavs DID NOT LOSE THE SERIES ON OFFENSE. I cannot stress that enough here, your biggest complaint on Bron isn't even close to being a reason the Cavs lost, that just tells you how close to flawless he was. All people could nitpick about was that he had to carry a bigger load vs the best defense in the league and it led to great offensive results.

Im not going to say he couldn't have done more/less to win, that can technically hold true for any player in any series so what the **** do I care? All I know is that when it comes to looking heroic in defeat, that series was Bron's "Jerry West moment".

Swashcuff
10-09-2012, 12:21 PM
BB for life what you don't realize is that the fact that LeBron made his teammates shooting threats is a good thing actually not a good thing its a GREAT thing. He made their life much easier and some of those players played the best ball of their career alongside James. They fed off his strengths and were better players as a result. How could you not want that?

ManningToTyree
10-09-2012, 12:25 PM
Lebron

JordansBulls
10-09-2012, 12:40 PM

Look at this box score.

And look at this one, http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/200905260ORL.html
29 shots, 18 ft's, 7 assists, 8 TO's, this is as ball dominant as it gets. If you play like this, there is 2 options for your teammates, 1- Make your shots when you get the ball and you are good 2- Miss them and you are screwed.

:clap::clap:

Im_in_Mia_bish
10-09-2012, 04:13 PM

lol, if lebron was a 40% 3 point shooter, i can almost guarantee noone would allow him to draim 3's all night.

why do you think Ray Allen was so successful with the sonics when he was younger? lol

PacersForLife
10-09-2012, 05:03 PM
Durant as ripped as Bron would be a better What's scarier Question lol.

This.

Bishnoff
10-09-2012, 05:26 PM
Bron with a 40% 3PT shot.

Jroz
10-09-2012, 05:30 PM
Durant as ripped as Bron with his hairline would be a better What's scarier Question lol.

fixed :D ...kidding

ChiSox219
10-09-2012, 11:15 PM
lol, if lebron was a 40% 3 point shooter, i can almost guarantee noone would allow him to draim 3's all night.

why do you think Ray Allen was so successful with the sonics when he was younger? lol

He was never close to Lebron what are you even talking about? Lebron shooting 40% from 3 is FAR less effective than Lebron inside the paint.

NoahH
10-09-2012, 11:21 PM
If LeBron could knock down a 3 he would be actually unstoppable.

Im_in_Mia_bish
10-10-2012, 12:25 AM
He was never close to Lebron what are you even talking about? Lebron shooting 40% from 3 is FAR less effective than Lebron inside the paint.

you're not getting the point. sighh

do teams sag off of 3 point specialists? NO.

40% 3 point shooter would basically mean lebron would be a 3 point specialist as well.

so you would sag off of him when he can easily drain 9-12 straight wide open 3 point shots?

yeah i'm going to put my money that your gameplan wouldnt be that.
noone's that stupid to leave a good 3 point shooter with some space, thats how you let them get in a zone, where the hoop becomes bigger.

...this is really all common sense, i dont get how you cant comprehend this?

ChiSox219
10-10-2012, 01:04 AM
you're not getting the point. sighh

do teams sag off of 3 point specialists? NO.

40% 3 point shooter would basically mean lebron would be a 3 point specialist as well.

so you would sag off of him when he can easily drain 9-12 straight wide open 3 point shots?

yeah i'm going to put my money that your gameplan wouldnt be that.
noone's that stupid to leave a good 3 point shooter with some space, thats how you let them get in a zone, where the hoop becomes bigger.

...this is really all common sense, i dont get how you cant comprehend this?

I am not talking about leaving Lebron open all day, I said I would not allow additional lanes just to cover his 3P% because basic math and simply watching Lebron will tell you how destructive he is one he gets inside.

There isn't a single 3P shooter in the league that was more effective from 3 last year than Lebron was at the basket, even before factoring in assists, fouls drawn, and free throws.

Look at the Heat roster and realize that Lebron playing inside frees up more opportunity for their arsenal of shooters. You put him out on the arc and he's probably not shooting better than Allen, Lewis, Miller, Battier, etc. and he's no longer providing spacing for them while himself being less effective then when he plays inside.

zB_#85
10-10-2012, 01:25 AM

god help us if you're right.

zB_#85
10-10-2012, 01:27 AM
If LeBron could knock down a 3 he would be actually unstoppable.

except for that hole new flop rule. that's gonna hurt :p

no more driving to the basket and contorting his body while he attempts layups to get calls every time.

basketfan4life
10-10-2012, 02:34 AM
BB for life what you don't realize is that the fact that LeBron made his teammates shooting threats is a good thing actually not a good thing its a GREAT thing. He made their life much easier and some of those players played the best ball of their career alongside James. They fed off his strengths and were better players as a result. How could you not want that?

Man, i'm not denying that, o course that is true. I'm just talking about that one series. Them being shooting treats, finding open shots because lbj is on the court is of course a great thing. But if your teammates existence is just about it, it's a very bad thing.

basketfan4life
10-10-2012, 02:56 AM
What personal attack? And criticism when valid is fine, but the complaints against Bron are so ridiculously petty that they hold no water.

1-False, it was the same philosophy. Like when Nash faced the Spurs that one year and they wanted to make him a scorer vs getting everyone involved. Nash wasn't running a different offense despite him becoming more ball ball dominant when they did that, he was simply taking what the defense was giving him and trying to optimize the unit. Bron was simply responding to the defensive tactics employed by the opposition and adjusting. The end results were beautiful, sadly basketball is about what you do on BOTH ENDS. So as great as their offense was, they still had to stop the other team.

3-He did make shots, he made awhole lot of them and his contributions made their offense elite.

I have never done the same, what exactly are you trying to say here. Doug Collins was brought up because if you actually paid attention to JB's argument, its HIS REPUTABLE SOURCE. His OWN SOURCE is the one who touches on that subject. My opinion holds up without his testimony so your point is moot anyways.

It tells me your ignoring context and the results. He was running the same offense he had been all year and getting splendid production for the unit, 2-with the team playing even worse without him on the court so its pretty obvious they NEEDED his "ball dominance". 3-And again, you want him slashing to the rim so I dont know why you keep harping about jumpshots.

That was Dwight, not Bron.

4-Again? I thought this was the one you were talking about, what was the first instance?

Even if we pretend you had a point (which you dont because all evidence suggests that the Cavs needed him to be MORE ball dominant), its such an insignificant complaint because the Cavs DID NOT LOSE THE SERIES ON OFFENSE. I cannot stress that enough here, your biggest complaint on Bron isn't even close to being a reason the Cavs lost, that just tells you how close to flawless he was. All people could nitpick about was that he had to carry a bigger load vs the best defense in the league and it led to great offensive results.

Im not going to say he couldn't have done more/less to win, that can technically hold true for any player in any series so what the **** do I care? All I know is that when it comes to looking heroic in defeat, that series was Bron's "Jerry West moment".

1- Oh, come on That is what the defense was giving to him? The defence was completely on LBJ in that series. You can't say what the defence was giving to him is "be more of a scorer and ignore your teammates"... Pietrus was all over him with two man ready to collapse on him if he gets past pietrus, one of them being Dwight. This is not true at all.

2- That is what shows you he needs to be that ball dominant? Of course the team will be better with him on the court, he is their best player, one of the two best players in the world at the time. The thing is he didn't utilized his teammates when he was on the court, not even close. This is straight logic here.

3-May be i couldn't make myself clear, so i'm gonna try to explain. Him slashing to the rim that i have no problem with. But do it when you have an opportunity, don't try to force the issue always, don't waste the shot clock that much, LeBron's numbers were perfect, but how many bailout shots did his teammates had do take after lbj wasting the clock, make the offence stagnant? This is what i'm talking about.

Also about this, can you please watch the final possessions of game 1 and game 2. Game 1 he had the time and he tried to dribble to the lane, he had the open shot some time during his dribble. He didn't pull up, ran in to 2 defenders, jump ball, magic win. Game 2, he didn't have time, just 1 second, just 1 shot, a historic shot. Don't take this as be all and all of my argument, it's just an info.

4-Your posts are full of words such as petty, ignorant, delusinol so..

Losoway
10-10-2012, 03:00 AM
bron from 3....40 percent shooting would honestly never lose more then 5 games

naps
10-10-2012, 03:01 AM
Lebron shooting 40% from 3 is FAR less effective than Lebron inside the paint.

Except it's not either paint or three point shooting. It's BOTH. You are acting like LeBron will forget his game in the paint. He'll just add three point as an extra threat. Scary to say the least.

ChiSox219
10-10-2012, 03:19 AM
Except it's not either paint or three point shooting. It's BOTH. You are acting like LeBron will forget his game in the paint. He'll just add three point as an extra threat. Scary to say the least.

6 extra threes is not much of threat. For the improved three point shooting to make an impact Lebron would have to increase his three rate and sacrifice scoring elsewhere. Some people said the improved 3P shot would make defenses adjust giving Lebron more lanes, I would not adjust because those lanes create more effective offense compared to playing him as if he were a 36% 3P shooter.

jerellh528
10-10-2012, 03:24 AM
Kidding? You do realize he will shoot it every single chance he gets if he starts making threes consistently at 40% rate, right?

Well which one is it? make up your mind.

Swashcuff
10-10-2012, 06:39 AM
6 extra threes is not much of threat. For the improved three point shooting to make an impact Lebron would have to increase his three rate and sacrifice scoring elsewhere. Some people said the improved 3P shot would make defenses adjust giving Lebron more lanes, I would not adjust because those lanes create more effective offense compared to playing him as if he were a 36% 3P shooter.

You seem incapable of grasping what the OP is asking. He is not asking if LeBron made 6 extra 3 s how good he'll be he's essentially asking if LeBron was as good a 3 point shooter as say J.J. Redick or there about would you take him. You're telling me that you'll allow him to beat you on the perimeter even worst than he does in the paint and you're fine with that?

Swashcuff
10-10-2012, 06:40 AM
Well which one is it? make up your mind.

What he said was essentially the same thing. He isn't going to lose his driving ability if he develops a game from distance and any time he gets a window on the perimeter he's going to kill you. What's so hard to understand about that?

Swashcuff
10-10-2012, 06:42 AM
Man, i'm not denying that, o course that is true. I'm just talking about that one series. Them being shooting treats, finding open shots because lbj is on the court is of course a great thing. But if your teammates existence is just about it, it's a very bad thing.

If ate the strongest part of your teammates game would you not want that for your team?

basketfan4life
10-10-2012, 07:45 AM
If ate the strongest part of your teammates game would you not want that for your team?

Of course i'd want, and i think lebron did an excellent job of that, i'm not arguing about it. i'm just arguing about that magic series.

Heediot
10-10-2012, 07:51 AM
LeBron with a 3pt shot.

Durant with LeBron's elite defense is scarier than Durant with LeBron's passing.

GoPacers33
10-10-2012, 07:59 AM
Lebron

ChiSox219
10-10-2012, 09:35 AM
You seem incapable of grasping what the OP is asking. He is not asking if LeBron made 6 extra 3 s how good he'll be he's essentially asking if LeBron was as good a 3 point shooter as say J.J. Redick or there about would you take him. You're telling me that you'll allow him to beat you on the perimeter even worst than he does in the paint and you're fine with that?

I am off topic, should be obvious as I've referenced the posts I am responding to. I also already answered the OP and you referenced that post yourself, get off my dick please.

Lebron at 40% from 3 is not doing more damage than Lebron inside, the math is very simple. JJ Redick i would chase off the arc because he cant do anything else as effective.

Swashcuff
10-10-2012, 09:55 AM
I am off topic, should be obvious as I've referenced the posts I am responding to. I also already answered the OP and you referenced that post yourself, get off my dick please.

Lebron at 40% from 3 is not doing more damage than Lebron inside, the math is very simple. JJ Redick i would chase off the arc because he cant do anything else as effective.

You simply don't get it. :pity:

ChiSox219
10-13-2012, 07:19 PM
From nba.com yesterday:

It remains to be seen if James can play an entire season like he played last year’s playoffs. He’s the league’s best player either way, but if he continues to attack the paint and limit his own jumpers, he’ll create more open ones for his teammates.

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2012/10/12/james-and-allen-the-perfect-pairing/

Chronz
08-04-2013, 03:07 PM
Would you guys say these 2 are trying to forge their games together?

Bron 40% from 3. :ohno:

Was this his last post?

ILLUSIONIST^248
08-04-2013, 03:13 PM

Was this his last post?

Leave it to the Egotistical mind of FC to bump his own thread. The correct answer to the thread would be Durant with great passing abilities. Why was KB banned anyways.

tredigs
08-04-2013, 03:18 PM

Was this his last post?
It is impressive that both improved in these areas last year. Lebron even got that 40% from three, though I don't think anyone would say his shooting is in Durant's tier or KD's passing in Brons.

Part of the reason I say that for Bron is because he takes less attempts than he did in his Cleveland days and I don't think Popovich would leave Durant an 8 foot cushion to bait 3's from him.

Goose17
08-04-2013, 03:26 PM
Bron with a 3PT% above 40% ???

Game over.

WadeKobe
08-04-2013, 04:24 PM
LeBron with .900 FT%

Scary.

Minimal
08-04-2013, 04:31 PM
LeBron with .900 FT%

Scary.
The guy seems to work on his weaknesses each offseason, this is basically his only weakness left and I won't be surprised if he becomes a .850+ FT shooter next season. The guy wants to be perfect.

el hidalgo
08-04-2013, 05:18 PM
Leave it to the Egotistical mind of FC to bump his own thread. The correct answer to the thread would be Durant with great passing abilities. Why was KB banned anyways.

for being a dupe. surprised you know him. he was banned right when you made your account

Chronz
08-04-2013, 06:00 PM
wat?

WadeKobe
08-04-2013, 06:06 PM
The guy seems to work on his weaknesses each offseason, this is basically his only weakness left and I won't be surprised if he becomes a .850+ FT shooter next season. The guy wants to be perfect.

No chance he becomes a .850+ FT shooter next season.. No way. 3 years? Maybe.

Bishnoff
08-04-2013, 06:19 PM
LeBron.

Showtime Steve
08-04-2013, 06:24 PM
Durant could avg 10+ assists I he wanted to especially with a scorer like Westbrook on his team. But his mentality is a scorer. I'd take bron with KD's shot any day

sunsfan88
08-04-2013, 06:25 PM
LeBron with a 3pt shot.

sunsfan88
08-04-2013, 06:25 PM
Wait, didn't LeBron already shoot 40% from 3 this past season?

sunsfan88
08-04-2013, 06:26 PM
Double post.

Chronz
08-04-2013, 07:11 PM
Wait, didn't LeBron already shoot 40% from 3 this past season?

This thread was from last year. I found it interesting that both players improved on the very aspects of their game that differentiate them. Both have some way to go tho

b@llhog24
08-04-2013, 07:13 PM
This thread ran cross my mind somewhere during the season, not sure what my answer was then but it's definitely Bron with KDs shot.

amos1er
08-04-2013, 07:27 PM

Seems as though everyone who praises Kobe gets banned on this site. Go figure. We both know how corrupt things have become.

LayBraun
08-04-2013, 07:35 PM

The dude who was right is banned lol interesting.

Baller1
08-04-2013, 07:36 PM
Seems as though everyone who praises Kobe gets banned on this site. Go figure. We both know how corrupt things have become.

Lol.

Hawkeye15
08-04-2013, 07:36 PM

not how it works. If you constantly troll, you get banned. It has nothing to do with who you root for.

Yanks All Day
08-04-2013, 07:37 PM
LeBron at 40% from 3 and it is not even close. LeBron's already a better defender, rebounder, playmaker, etc., so adding that to his arsenal would be unreal.

Though, LeBron did shoot 40% from 3 this year. I have a feeling he'll go even higher next year.

amos1er
08-04-2013, 07:42 PM
not how it works. If you constantly troll, you get banned. It has nothing to do with who you root for.

I just honestly have to sit back and laugh at the inconsistencies on this site when it comes to who to enforce these said rules on. I see many Lebron trolls out there who start threads with the single goal of trolling and don't even post a link to a relevant news story in their thread, then someone who follows the rules and posts a relevant news story link with their thread gets banned under the false pretense of said trolling. From what I have seen, the Laker/Kobe fans seem to get more enforcement actions taken against them then Lebron fans who "troll" equally if not more than them.

amos1er
08-04-2013, 07:46 PM
Also, the term trolling is too open to interpretation and needs to be more clearly defined in the rules of this forum. I remember there being a set of rules, now they have been mysteriously taken down so that mods can enforce actions based on their own personal judgements. You know, similar to the way a dictator runs things.

Chronz
08-04-2013, 07:46 PM
I just honestly have to sit back and laugh at the inconsistencies on this site when it comes to who to enforce these said rules on. I see many Lebron trolls out there who start threads with the single goal of trolling and don't even post a link to a relevant news story in their thread, then someone who follows the rules and posts a relevant news story link with their thread gets banned under the false pretense of said trolling. From what I have seen, the Laker/Kobe fans seem to get more enforcement actions taken against them then Lebron fans who "troll" equally if not more than them.

Chronz
08-04-2013, 07:51 PM
Also, the term trolling is too open to interpretation and needs to be more clearly defined in the rules of this forum. I remember there being a set of rules, now they have been mysteriously taken down so that mods can enforce actions based on their own personal judgements. You know, similar to the way a dictator runs things.
Take it up with the appropriate mods, plenty of people are tired of you and dillusionist sidetracking every thread you enter. Look at the very post you quoted of his and tell me you dont see a personal attack. Quite honestly, the 2 of you are lucky to be have been permabanned by now with how often you guys derail threads.

amos1er
08-04-2013, 07:52 PM

Nice use of satire, but that still doesn't excuse me being banned for a thread I started which followed all the guidelines of this site. Why is it that someone can start a thread about how Lebron is a more popular athlete according to espn, then when I post a thread about Lebron's trip to Manilla and how Kobe is still more popular there and worldwide and even post a recent and relevant link I am tried and convicted of baiting and sentenced to a week long ban by a jury of just one peer. Does that sound fair to you? What kind of slippery slope are we walking on here by allowing this sort of enforcement to take place...

Chronz
08-04-2013, 07:52 PM

Proof? Relevance?

You guys treat this place as your personal chat room, constantly backing each other up .

HouRealCoach
08-04-2013, 07:53 PM

You guys don't only praise Kobe, you throw him in random other threads just because you love to hate on anyone else. Others do it too, yes but you guys are overboard a lot

HouRealCoach
08-04-2013, 07:54 PM
I must say though, I do enjoy the Kobe vs LeBron arguments even though they are hella easy now

amos1er
Take it up with the appropriate mods, plenty of people are tired of you and dillusionist sidetracking every thread you enter. Look at the very post you quoted of his and tell me you dont see a personal attack. Quite honestly, the 2 of you are lucky to be have been permabanned by now with how often you guys derail threads.

I don't purposely intend to derail threads, sometimes that just the direction the debate goes. I will be more careful in the future, I just want the actions taken against everyone to be equal and fair. Don't think thats too much to ask.

Chronz
Nice use of satire, but that still doesn't excuse me being banned for a thread I started which followed all the guidelines of this site. Why is it that someone can start a thread about how Lebron is a more popular athlete according to espn, then when I post a thread about Lebron's trip to Manilla and how Kobe is still more popular there and worldwide and even post a recent and relevant link I am tried and convicted of baiting and sentenced to a week long ban by a jury of just one peer. Does that sound fair to you? What kind of slippery slope are we walking on here by allowing this sort of enforcement to take place...
Im not a mod, I dont know what posts you are talking about and you get absolutely no sympathy from me. Im not going to trust your interpretation of what got you banned, lol cmon man, play the woe is me card with your Laker brethren in your Laker forum. You aren't as blatant about your trolling as your sidekick tho, I give you that.

HouRealCoach
08-04-2013, 07:57 PM
LeBron at 40% from 3 and it is not even close. LeBron's already a better defender, rebounder, playmaker, etc., so adding that to his arsenal would be unreal.

Though, LeBron did shoot 40% from 3 this year. I have a feeling he'll go even higher next year.

Idk, I think he hit his peak there. I see him at about 39.8 percent next year. I think he'll be around 84% on his free throws though. If he shoots a higher 3pt percentage then he will probably shoot about 60% overall which is unreal

Chronz
08-04-2013, 07:58 PM
I don't purposely intend to derail threads, sometimes that just the direction the debate goes. I will be more careful in the future, I just want the actions taken against everyone to be equal and fair. Don't think thats too much to ask.
We all have those moments, I dont believe you guys are special. Ive been banned and played the injustice card before, I looked foolish so I changed my posting habits. There is no conspiracy against kobephiles any more than he lebronites, I just think you guys outnumber them so the penalties are more frequent.

Chronz
08-04-2013, 07:59 PM
What does FC stand for anyways?

****ing Chronz?

*** Chronz?

Foolish Chronz?

Fifi Chronz?

Hawkeye15
08-04-2013, 08:01 PM

you can honestly do anything you like amos1er. Mods become mods, because they provide a history of rational, and fair posting. If you don't like how it's moderated, complain to the admins. But the fact is, a disruptive poster who derails threads constantly will be targeted, and the more you do it, the shorter the leash becomes. If you don't understand that, it's on you.

el hidalgo
08-04-2013, 08:07 PM
as much as amos1er and i are opposites, i don't think he is actually trolling. google his name. his love for kobe and disdain for lebron spreads much further than PSD, lol. i do think illusionist brings out the worst in him, though.

amos1er
08-04-2013, 08:19 PM
What does FC stand for anyways?

****ing Chronz?

*** Chronz?

Foolish Chronz?

Fifi Chronz?

I'd go with Fifi Chronz.

amos1er
08-04-2013, 08:25 PM
as much as amos1er and i are opposites, i don't think he is actually trolling. google his name. his love for kobe and disdain for lebron spreads much further than PSD, lol. i do think illusionist brings out the worst in him, though.

I respect that you can admit that even though we don't see eye to eye most of the time. Clearly I'm not trolling. I enjoy posting on this site and and have so for over seven years. I also enjoy some good old fashioned debate even if I do occasionally get owned on a rare occasion. Thats what makes this such a great place...you can learn from others and school others despite the fact that your friends in the real world can no longer keep up with you. The over policing that is taking place on here as of recent is very unfortunate. I think we all need to speak up about it and nip in in the bud before it becomes an epidemic.

amos1er
08-04-2013, 08:28 PM
you can honestly do anything you like amos1er. Mods become mods, because they provide a history of rational, and fair posting. If you don't like how it's moderated, complain to the admins. But the fact is, a disruptive poster who derails threads constantly will be targeted, and the more you do it, the shorter the leash becomes. If you don't understand that, it's on you.

I will be going to the admins for sure as I feel my latest suspension was totally unjustified. I am not personally attacking you and I don't think that you are a problem mod at all. We don't see eye to eye and certain topics and thats fine, thats what this site is about. I will never accuse you of abusing your mods powers and have never seen any evidence of that. There are some on here though that I believe are not fit and are literally drunk with power. I will go through the proper channels, thank you.

jerellh528
08-04-2013, 08:29 PM
Durant with lebrons body structure would make durant unstoppable and undisputed best player.

amos1er
08-04-2013, 08:33 PM
We all have those moments, I dont believe you guys are special. Ive been banned and played the injustice card before, I looked foolish so I changed my posting habits. There is no conspiracy against kobephiles any more than he lebronites, I just think you guys outnumber them so the penalties are more frequent.

Those days are long gone. Thanks to a few select "supermods" (I won't name names) the vast majority are now Lebronites. Coincidence? Perhaps. But there is definitely an abuse of power going on here.

amos1er
08-04-2013, 08:34 PM
Durant with lebrons body structure would make durant unstoppable and undisputed best player.

As long as he still had his long arms. They give him a huge advantage in that he can shoot over most anyone without much effort or a legit fadeaway.

jerellh528
08-04-2013, 08:36 PM
As long as he still had his long arms. They give him a huge advantage in that he can shoot over most anyone without much effort or a legit fadeaway.

Well, yeah kept his length.. Just acquired lebrons mass is what I meant.

bucketss
08-04-2013, 08:48 PM

LOOOOL *goes to google his name*

Hawkeye15
08-04-2013, 08:48 PM
I will be going to the admins for sure as I feel my latest suspension was totally unjustified. I am not personally attacking you and I don't think that you are a problem mod at all. We don't see eye to eye and certain topics and thats fine, thats what this site is about. I will never accuse you of abusing your mods powers and have never seen any evidence of that. There are some on here though that I believe are not fit and are literally drunk with power. I will go through the proper channels, thank you.

Oh dude, I never thought you were personally attacking me, I am just saying, contact SI, or Wrigs if you really feel you have been banned/punished unjustly.

Peace.

bucketss
08-04-2013, 08:49 PM
Well, yeah kept his length.. Just acquired lebrons mass is what I meant.

woudl you say he would be better than prime kobe? i bet you wouldn't go that far(durant now is pretty close to prime kobe)

jerellh528
08-04-2013, 08:54 PM
woudl you say he would be better than prime kobe? i bet you wouldn't go that far(durant now is pretty close to prime kobe)

Yes if he were more selfish and dominant. No way he should be letting westy take more shots than him.

gatkins11
08-04-2013, 08:57 PM
Lebron.

sunsfan88
08-04-2013, 09:55 PM
for being a dupe. surprised you know him. he was banned right when you made your account

Lol I know right its not that can be Illusionist and KB aren't the same people :D

Delrayhc
08-04-2013, 10:23 PM

We were banned at the same time and if mine were justified yours was as well.

Chronz
08-04-2013, 10:29 PM
We were banned at the same time and if mine were justified yours was as well.

Not surprising.....

RiceOnTheRun
08-05-2013, 01:45 AM

I think he means a 6'10 Lebron with a 7'5" wingspan. My god that would be terrifying. His blocks and steals would go up by at least 1 per game. Not to mention being a better shooter.

RiceOnTheRun
08-05-2013, 01:51 AM

KD with Lebron's muscle mass would completely dominate prime Kobe. Defensively he'd be better. Offensively he'd lose his only weakness which would've been being bullied by size. Lebron's biggest weakness is defensive big men. He'd pretty much be Dwight Howard, but with a 40/50/90 threat.

WadeKobe
08-05-2013, 03:02 AM
KD with Lebron's muscle mass would completely dominate prime Kobe. Defensively he'd be better. Offensively he'd lose his only weakness which would've been being bullied by size. Lebron's biggest weakness is defensive big men. He'd pretty much be Dwight Howard, but with a 40/50/90 threat.

KD already dominates Kobe's prime.

LBJ6
08-05-2013, 04:02 AM

RiceOnTheRun
08-05-2013, 05:37 AM
KD already dominates Kobe's prime.

:laugh:

Well you know what I mean.

All-In
08-05-2013, 06:05 AM
Leborn shot .406 from 3 last season per espn.com.....I don't get the thread...joke???

JasonJohnHorn
08-05-2013, 06:30 AM
Am I missing something? LBJ DID shoot over 40% from the arc this past season. He was .406 from down town.

Goose17
08-05-2013, 08:28 AM
Am I missing something? LBJ DID shoot over 40% from the arc this past season. He was .406 from down town.

Barely, by over 40 I was thinking more along the lines of 44-45.

NoahH
08-05-2013, 09:07 AM
LeBron shot 40% from three last year

Chronz
08-05-2013, 10:14 AM

jokes on u. this was from the year before. eery huh

Krizzle88
08-05-2013, 10:21 AM
How about Durant with Lebron Body & athletic ability vs Lebron with 40% 3 point shot that's a better argument

IKnowHoops
08-05-2013, 10:40 AM

Even while winning back to back rings while carrying the Heat through last years playoffs by himself much of the time. You don't want that?

JAZZNC
08-05-2013, 11:10 AM

Dude, stop bringing up All-Star Game MVP's from a season that isn't the one in question. You're making yourself look like an idiot. Jesus man, you just don't realize when you are simply wrong and everyone else is right. Really should just go back to starting 57 threads a day about "What if....insert dubmass situation that DIDN'T happen".

TheNumber37
08-05-2013, 11:26 AM
It's kind of one sided... Kd's shooting is one of his top skills and Lebron's passing is up there for him, but doesn't make his game.

To the question: If Lebron shot like KD, he'd be officially ungaurdable.
If KD had Lebron's body/athleticism, then he too would be unguardable.

bucketss
08-05-2013, 12:45 PM

i wonder why someone only one year removed from allstar game mvp be only allowed to play 20 minutes per game in the playoffs? hmmmm.

3RDASYSTEM
08-05-2013, 12:57 PM
Simple Q

Not trying to start nothing but have you ever played ball?

just asking because you would know that 40pct is making 4 out of every 10 threes basically, as to where I could swore BRON shot this past year at almost 40pct or just go look back at his scouting report where he had to work on his 3 shot/j

neither is scarier since its both what they have in they game from inception, just had to 'improve' on it slightly but they are 1 and 1a until end of year to see how HOWARD does

but if you had to give it to one player then of course it would go to the 4x mvp winner in past 5yrs

asandhu23
08-05-2013, 12:58 PM
Stephen Curry with LeBron's athleticism.

Gators123
08-05-2013, 01:46 PM
Now lets see LeBron with KD's FT shooting %..

Stinkyoutsider
08-05-2013, 02:15 PM
James. Defenders already know they can't handle him when he drives to the paint so they give him space to shoot the J. Now with him shooting at 40% from the 3, defenders would have no choice but to play him tight.

LegendsNvrDie23
08-05-2013, 03:48 PM
Yay another Lebron balls tickling thread.

Big Zo
08-05-2013, 03:54 PM

... That you happily participated in.

bucketss
08-05-2013, 04:12 PM

im sorry we haven't been tickling jordans old wrinkly balls.

FYL_McVeezy
08-05-2013, 04:20 PM
Bron at 40% 3pt would make him invincible.....

Chronz
08-05-2013, 04:30 PM
Not trying to start nothing but have you ever played ball?

just asking because you would know that 40pct is making 4 out of every 10 threes basically, as to where I could swore BRON shot this past year at almost 40pct or just go look back at his scouting report where he had to work on his 3 shot/j

neither is scarier since its both what they have in they game from inception, just had to 'improve' on it slightly but they are 1 and 1a until end of year to see how HOWARD does

but if you had to give it to one player then of course it would go to the 4x mvp winner in past 5yrs

read the thread date. this was a revisiting bump because BOTH players actually improved upon those very skills debated here.

JoeBlessU
08-05-2013, 04:41 PM
Gotta love the random Lebron **** eating threads.

3RDASYSTEM
08-05-2013, 04:48 PM
easily bron from 3, its practically only thing holding him back from averaging 30+ points a night easily

This is a comedy joke reply or a serious one?

LEBRON damn near averaged 30ppg his 2nd year in the league and stated many times over with the CAVS that he could win scoring title every year if he chose to and went strictly for points, but his game is more MAGIC/KIDD mixed with a scoring knack like a JORDAN/AI

he's playing with WADE/BOSH and shot basically 40pct from 3 this past season and still avg like 27ppg

he is the same player who I thought he was rookie year to first 7yrs with CAVS to past 3 with HEAT

like I stated earlier if he had a pure stroke like KD he would still shoot around 40-42pct from 3, still 4 out of 10 made, and if KD had BRON court vision/passing he would avg 2 more assists per game, big deal

its like me saying well what if IVERSON was 6'4 or 6'6'' with the same speed/quickness and everything else

do you know how insane crazy that version would be on the court? just look at what he did at 5'10''

el hidalgo
08-05-2013, 04:52 PM
What is so hard for people to understand. In a popular NBA forum, there will be a lot of threads about the unanimous best player who happens to be the 2 time reigning MVP and finals MVP. Is it that surprising that somebody with those accolades would have threads made about him?

3RDASYSTEM
08-05-2013, 05:04 PM
37% at best

Wow if you round that off its 40pct, but I get it he would make 40 out of 100, he would make 37 out of 100

this is the same reason why I know IVERSON can shoot with the best because he use to hover around 32 and maybe at best 34pct from 3pt land during his PHI tenure doing it on his own, BRON shot 37pct with 2 other all stars, and KD had another all nba'er rolling with him

I also stated that on here a while ago that a high pct/efficiency is based on team talent, especially when you're BRON/AI good and get gameplanned heavy for(even more so with weak player cast), and with BRON being the bigger/taller player he should be more efficient with or without more player talent, its bball nature for most part

Big Zo
08-05-2013, 05:08 PM
Gotta love the random Lebron **** eating threads.

You're certainly no stranger to them.

Chronz
08-05-2013, 05:13 PM
stated many times over with the CAVS that he could win scoring title every year if he chose to and went strictly for points, but his game is more MAGIC/KIDD mixed with a scoring knack like a JORDAN/AI

he is the same player who I thought he was rookie year to first 7yrs with CAVS to past 3 with HEAT
LeBron has stated many times that hes a much better player now and that hes worked a ton on his shooting. So why can you use what he says about the scoring title, yet get to ignore what he said about his own development.

Get over it bro, nobody buys your theory that game is game from day 1. We all know its your silly attempt to degrade Kobe.

Chronz
08-05-2013, 05:21 PM
37% at best

lol good find on this one.

3RDASYSTEM
08-05-2013, 05:22 PM
read the thread date. this was a revisiting bump because BOTH players actually improved upon those very skills debated here.

didn't know it was this old and its funny because I basically said what you said in they 'improved' upon the passing and 3pt shooting

but still the same killers pre NBA, both could pass and shoot but the strength by far(not so much BRON) is what they displayed year in and out, DURANT scoring and length and sneak athletic ability to go along with BRON's modern day basically BIG O game, how can you really improve off of that when its at basically highest level? avg 2 more assists or shooting 40pct from 3 sure doesn't seem like a big leap in my bball book, to each his own though

only Improvement I see in BRON's game is willingness to bang in the post more, and even his rookie year he had the frame to do it, same with DURANT he has improved his assists playing with W'BROOK/IBAKA, that's easy to do with 2 top finishers at the rim in open court or half court sets

Chronz
08-05-2013, 05:34 PM
Brons greatest strides have come defensively, he was a **** defender day 1

mdm692
08-05-2013, 05:55 PM
KD with Lebrons D.

Close thread

rocket
08-05-2013, 06:18 PM
If LeBron was a good 3 point shooter he would put up 30+ points easily every game.

mrblisterdundee
08-05-2013, 06:52 PM
Adding Stephen Curry to James' skill set would put him in the Magic Johnson territory or versatility. Although Johnson was as good a floor general as James and Durant combined, he wasn't that good from distance until age 29.

3RDASYSTEM
08-05-2013, 07:05 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1683179-nba-draft-profiles-from-back-in-the-day

this list strengths and weakness of players pre NBA, and like I said from day1

im pretty sure by now psd knows my routine

it also looks like they put half of JORDAN face on bean's or something photoshopped, but its different from other pics

couple examples: DUNCAN's weakness is free throws on the report, whats his still improved weakness? you bet its free throws

IVERSON strength was great 'court vision' but his weakness was shoot first and erratic play? what a contradiction

3RDASYSTEM
08-05-2013, 07:09 PM
Adding Stephen Curry to James' skill set would put him in the Magic Johnson territory or versatility. Although Johnson was as good a floor general as James and Durant combined, he wasn't that good from distance until age 29.

Add CURRY's shooting ability with BRON physical+athletic ability and minus almost a whole foot = ALLEN IVERSON

if BRON was able to shoot like CURRY-AI running off screens or baseline to baseline then he would be staring at MAGIC thru his rearview, and I would still take him over MAGIC, BRON never ran from CAVS, MAGIC wanted no parts of CHI

3RDASYSTEM
08-05-2013, 07:22 PM
If LeBron was a good 3 point shooter he would put up 30+ points easily every game.

Not really because KORVER and other who are dead eye snipers should avg at least 20ppg based on how you are spilling it out

BRON already has a 30ppg season and he avg 38ppg in a series and 30ppg in others or close to it, he brings a lot of other things so im sure if he focused on securing scoring titles like a bean-DURANT-MELO then he would have at least 4 to match his NBA MVP's

I don't get it, he shot rounded off to 40pct and he still put up like 27ppg or a little under, and that's playing with 2 other all stars, you don't think he could have won the scoring title every year in CLE like he stated over and over while he was there? but that wouldn't benefit the team nor not his style of play, but he can take over like a JORDAN/AI/BIRD/NIQUE/ZEKE/MELO/DIRK type as shown in 07' CONFERENCE FINALS

how in the world do you stop, I mean contain that type of player?

RiceOnTheRun
08-05-2013, 07:41 PM
People are acting like he absorbed Steph Curry all of a sudden. I think he's definitely improved his shooting, but it's only a complement to his current skill set.

He will never be one to camp out at the perimeter just because he can make that shot. Before, defenders would leave him room on the three point line because they would rather him shoot it than let him get in the paint. 9 times out of 10, given the choice, he'd still probably go for the paint. All the 40% means is that he's started making the shots defenders once gave up for free. He's not going to revolve his game around it and become JJ Redick or Kyle Korver.

Ill21
08-05-2013, 08:01 PM
Bron with a 40% 3pt

He would easily be the GOAT

amos1er
08-05-2013, 08:08 PM
3RDASYSTEM is really obsessed with Iverson isn't he. lol

I even heard him once put Iverson as top five of all time. LMAO!

Can't really take anything he has to say seriously after that.

amos1er
08-05-2013, 08:11 PM
People are acting like he absorbed Steph Curry all of a sudden. I think he's definitely improved his shooting, but it's only a complement to his current skill set.

He will never be one to camp out at the perimeter just because he can make that shot. Before, defenders would leave him room on the three point line because they would rather him shoot it than let him get in the paint. 9 times out of 10, given the choice, he'd still probably go for the paint. All the 40% means is that he's started making the shots defenders once gave up for free. He's not going to revolve his game around it and become JJ Redick or Kyle Korver.

I agree, defenses will adjust to that... though as you say, it's difficult because you really don't want to leave the lane open for him. The Spurs did a great job of containing him the first six games and I'm sure the scouting report is out and they know he can make his 3's now when left open. I don't expect him to shoot 40% next season... Though I could be wrong.

amos1er
08-05-2013, 08:22 PM
Bron with a 40% 3pt

He would easily be the GOAT

He already did last season...

Still not in the GOAT discussion last I checked.

tredigs
08-05-2013, 08:46 PM
He already did last season...

Still not in the GOAT discussion last I checked.

Well, whether you like it or not that discussion is definitely taking place all over. It's one that I think he's still comfortably behind in, but he's clearly entered it.

But despite hitting 40%, he's still not what I'd call an elite 3pt shooter, but he is elite in picking his 3pt opportunities, and that's almost as important.

Chronz
08-05-2013, 09:06 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1683179-nba-draft-profiles-from-back-in-the-day

this list strengths and weakness of players pre NBA, and like I said from day1
Yup, like I said, no one believe you.

couple examples: DUNCAN's weakness is free throws on the report, whats his still improved weakness? you bet its free throws
Duncan shot 80% this year. You really didn't know how much he improved in that regard? Cmon bro its not that hard to look up, you really need to brush up on your stats.

IVERSON strength was great 'court vision' but his weakness was shoot first and erratic play? what a contradiction
They aren't serious breakdowns, just basic **** meant for fans who dont know much about those players.