PDA

View Full Version : NBA teams in prime?

dee85
10-08-2012, 12:23 AM
If these teams had their players in prime,who would be the best and where would you rank them?

Boston
Kevin Garnett(Timberwolves)
Brandon Bass
Paul Pierce
Jason Terry
Rajon Rondo
Bench:Jeff Green,Chris Wilcox(Sonics),Avery Bradley,Courtney Lee,Jared Sullinger,Kris Joesph,Fab Melo,Darko Milicic,Jason Collins

Chicago
Joakim Noah
Carlos Boozer
Luol Deng
Richard Hamilton(Pistons)
Derrick Rose
Bench:Kirk Hinrich,Nate Robinson,Marco Belinelli,Vladimiar Radmanovic(Sonics),Taj Gibson,Nazr Mohammed

Dallas
Dirk Nowitzki
Elton Brand(Clippers)
Shawn Marion(Suns)
Vince Carter(Raptors/Nets)
O.J.Mayo
Bench:Darren Collison,Chris Kaman,Delonte West,Rodrigue beaubois,Dahntay Jones,Brandon Wright

Clippers
DeAndre Jordan
Blake Griffin
Grant Hill(Pistons)
Chauncey Billups(Pistons/Nuggets)
Chris Paul
Bench:Lamar Odom,Caron Butler,Jamal Crawford,Willie Green,Eric Bledsoe,Ryan Hollins

Lakers
Dwight Howard
Pau Gasol
Ron Artest/Metta World Peace(Pacers/Kings/Rockets)
Kobe Bryant
Steve Nash(Mavericks/Suns)
Bench:Antawn Jamison,Jodie Meeks,Chris Douglas-Roberts,Steve Blake,Chris Duhon,Jordan Hill,Devin Ebanks

Miami
Chris Bosh
Rashard Lewis(Sonics)
LeBron James
Ray Allen(Bucks/Sonics)
Dwyane Wade
Bench:Shane Battier(Grizzlies/Rockets),Mike Miller(Magic/Grizzlies),Udonis Haslem,Mario Chalmers,Norris Cole,James Jones,Justin Hamilton,Joel Anthony

New York
Rasheed Wallace(Trailblazers/Pistons)
Amare Stoudemire
Carmelo Anthony
J.R.Smith
Jason Kidd(Suns/Nets)
Bench:Tyson Chandler,Marcus Camby,Raymond Felton,Iman Shumpert,Ronnie Brewer,Kurt Thomas,Steve Novak

San Antonio
Eddy Curry(Bulls/Knicks)
Tim Duncan
Stephen Jackson(Pacers/Warriors/Bobcats)
Manu Ginobili
Tony Parker
Bench:Gary Neal,Boris Diaw,Dejuan Blair,Kawhi Leonard,Danny Green,Tiago Splitter,Matt Bonner

LoveMeOrHateMe
10-08-2012, 12:27 AM
Lakers would kill and kill bad that is all!

ThunderousDemon
10-08-2012, 12:44 AM
The Knicks are back! :dance:

Hawkeye15
10-08-2012, 01:16 AM
Lakers in a landslide.

Cal827
10-08-2012, 01:39 AM
Lakers. Consider that in their primes, ALL of their starting line-up would probably make the top 15 players in the League. Then you include Jamison, who averaged like 25-10 in his prime too coming off the bench...

Knicks aren't that bad. Neither are the Celtics. But when you are against a prime scoring machine Kobe, Prime Artest/Howard who were prime defenders, and Prime Gaslol/Nash, who are two of the best offensive players at their respective positions... you are gonna get crushed lol

Mr. LA
10-08-2012, 01:41 AM
Lakers. Consider that in their primes, ALL of their starting line-up would probably make the top 15 players in the League. Then you include Jamison, who averaged like 25-10 in his prime too coming off the bench...

Knicks aren't that bad. Neither are the Celtics. But when you are against a prime scoring machine Kobe, Prime Artest/Howard who were prime defenders, and Prime Gaslol/Nash, who are two of the best offensive players at their respective positions... you are gonna get crushed lol

:rolleyes:

xcrisisx
10-08-2012, 04:46 AM
the celtics in 2010 with shaq and ray still on board > over this years lakers
that's not what the thread asks for... but it's a nonsense thread anyway ;)

thenaj17
10-08-2012, 05:57 AM
Lakers are the obvious ones because of the starting 5 + Jamison but don't discount a few teams:-

Heat - they have the BIG 3, Wade without injuries, Prime Ray Allen was a beast, Rashard Lewis for Magic's finals run or before with Seattle. 20ppg scorer. They still lack a Centre but their small lineup is almost unguardable. Battier and Miller provide nice depth aswell.

Clippers - Just bringing back prime Grant Hill and Chauncey would be awesome but to bring back prime Lamar Odom (first laker title run), Jamal Crawford and Caron Butler would be amazing depth (could be Lakers undoing)

Knicks - Prime Jason Kidd is a premier Pg in the whole league (even in todays major athletic league) and would make life easier for Melo and Stoudamire. Tyson Chandler, Sheed and Camby is brilliant depth at Centre/PF and a defensive beast.

Give me Lakers starting 5 anyday - all time
If you're talking depth i'd probably go Clippers

xcrisisx
10-08-2012, 06:29 AM
Lakers are the obvious ones because of the starting 5 + Jamison but don't discount a few teams:-

Heat - they have the BIG 3, Wade without injuries, Prime Ray Allen was a beast, Rashard Lewis for Magic's finals run or before with Seattle. 20ppg scorer. They still lack a Centre but their small lineup is almost unguardable. Battier and Miller provide nice depth aswell.

Clippers - Just bringing back prime Grant Hill and Chauncey would be awesome but to bring back prime Lamar Odom (first laker title run), Jamal Crawford and Caron Butler would be amazing depth (could be Lakers undoing)

Knicks - Prime Jason Kidd is a premier Pg in the whole league (even in todays major athletic league) and would make life easier for Melo and Stoudamire. Tyson Chandler, Sheed and Camby is brilliant depth at Centre/PF and a defensive beast.

Give me Lakers starting 5 anyday - all time
If you're talking depth i'd probably go Clippers

ya their coach should be nellie :clap:

JNoel
10-08-2012, 07:09 AM
Mavericks or Clippers

JerseyPalahniuk
10-08-2012, 07:24 AM
Knicks vs Lakers

A Prime Kidd would do absolute wonders with a P&R options like Amare/Chandler and players who can shoot like JR Smith and Rasheed. Add Carmelo to that and the offensive problems the Knicks had last year are gone.

Defense? Kidd was a 4 time All-Defensive 1st team and 5 time 2nd team. Knicks fans can tell you about Shumpert's defensive ability. Wouldn't seem far-fetched to think these two couldn't slow down (not STOP) a Nash/Kobe backcourt. Chandler won defensive player of the year. Marcus Camby has made 4 All-Defensive teams and lead the NBA in blocks 4 times. A big man line-up like that could be problems to a Gasol/Dwight due. Melo's offense can compromise MWP's defense.

dodie53
10-08-2012, 08:22 AM
lakers would dominate

superior
10-08-2012, 08:30 AM
this is a dumb thread....youre living on fantasy island......ok, my turn... what if every player over 6'7 1/4 wore blue shoes during games played in the northeast region when the weather is under 53.2 degrees, who would be the best??? lmao these science fiction threads are ridiculous.......what if you got some poonanny and you finally werent a virgin anymore LMAO

xxplayerxx23
10-08-2012, 10:44 AM
Knicks baby :dance2:

xxplayerxx23
10-08-2012, 10:44 AM
Superior you don't lieit you can leave :shrug:

KnicksorBust
10-08-2012, 10:50 AM
I am glad you clarified which prime you are using for Chris Wilcox.

Raidaz4Life
10-08-2012, 10:54 AM
One that would be very underrated would be the Timberwolves.

Rubio
Roy
AK47
Love
Pek

xxplayerxx23
10-08-2012, 11:04 AM
Roy-Ak47-Love is nice for sure. I think Knicks and Lakers in their prime are the two best. I hope people don't forget about how great a Prime Amare was. Kidd-Melo-Amare-Sheed- With JR actually having a solid outside game :drool:

king4day
10-08-2012, 11:09 AM
Lakers are up there but certainly not the obvious pick. Ray Allen, Lewis, and Battier in their prime on top of the big 3?

Also, the Knicks would be really scary too. Their bench is filled with vets.

Daunter
10-08-2012, 11:10 AM
I actually like the Knicks a lot but the Lakers are better

KnickaBocka.44
10-08-2012, 12:04 PM
Knicks vs Lakers

A Prime Kidd would do absolute wonders with a P&R options like Amare/Chandler and players who can shoot like JR Smith and Rasheed. Add Carmelo to that and the offensive problems the Knicks had last year are gone.

Defense? Kidd was a 4 time All-Defensive 1st team and 5 time 2nd team. Knicks fans can tell you about Shumpert's defensive ability. Wouldn't seem far-fetched to think these two couldn't slow down (not STOP) a Nash/Kobe backcourt. Chandler won defensive player of the year. Marcus Camby has made 4 All-Defensive teams and lead the NBA in blocks 4 times. A big man line-up like that could be problems to a Gasol/Dwight due. Melo's offense can compromise MWP's defense.

This. Plus Rasheed was one hell of a defender in his prime as well.

uprightciti
10-08-2012, 12:25 PM
knicks.

Quinnsanity
10-08-2012, 01:35 PM
The Lakers might go 82-0. I'm not even joking.

I Rock Shaqs
10-08-2012, 01:53 PM
Hey another thread stolen from a while ago!

TyrionLannister
10-08-2012, 02:01 PM
Remember when Boston had Shaq and JO off the bench?

mdm692
10-08-2012, 02:24 PM
Suns in 2008-2009.

Nash/Dragic(now)
Jrich(GSW)/Barbosa
Hill(Pistons)/Dudley(now)/Barnes
Stat/Amundson(09-10)
Shaq(Lakers)/Lopez(09-10)

Zefflin
10-08-2012, 02:31 PM
My point has been made, Zefflin has helped save these dying forums yet again... you're welcome.

PurpleJesus
10-08-2012, 02:34 PM
My point has been made, Zefflin has helped save these dying forums yet again... you're welcome.

These forums are dying? They are as popular as ever right now.

StarvingKnick22
10-08-2012, 02:35 PM
Knicks is how we do it!

Im_in_Mia_bish
10-08-2012, 02:36 PM
2002-2003 washington wizards of course!

PurpleJesus
10-08-2012, 02:37 PM

What is wrong with the word prime? You understand that players have a "prime" in their career right? Teams have "primes." Even you, in whatever career you choose, will have a "prime." If its the arguments that you are so worked up about, get over it, its a forum, people argue...and some people are just dumb. Ignore the dumb ones if they work you up so much.

Im_in_Mia_bish
10-08-2012, 02:37 PM
Kwame Brown
Laettner
Stackhouse
Jordan
Bryon Russel
oakley
Cardinal
Jeffries
Haywood
lue
bobby simmons
etan thomas
larry hughes

Zefflin
10-08-2012, 02:38 PM
These forums are dying? They are as popular as ever right now.

Dying in intelligence...I feel like that new intelligent heel wrestler in the WWE...haha.

Justin Beibler is popular too man...

Da Knicks
10-08-2012, 02:39 PM
Knicks would just cruise!!

PurpleJesus
10-08-2012, 02:40 PM
Dying in intelligence...I feel like that new intelligent heel wrestler in the WWE...haha.

Justin Beibler is popular too man...

Justin Bieber is just in his "prime" right now, he will fade away soon enough.

PurpleJesus
10-08-2012, 02:41 PM
Knicks would just cruise!!

I wouldnt say cruise, its definitely between them and the Lakers though.

MackSnackWrap
10-08-2012, 02:42 PM
Lakers or Heat.. Probably lakers than heat but a prime ray allen and rashad lewis to add on the big 3 is just insane. Factor in a prime Battier and Miller for bench depth. And a 06 wade!

Zefflin
10-08-2012, 02:44 PM
Justin Bieber is just in his "prime" right now, he will fade away soon enough.

Haha, I had to get that off my chest man my bad. I believe...tho it was a small act of compassion, the boards will be better before the season because of it.

superior
10-08-2012, 02:52 PM
Haha, I had to get that off my chest man my bad. I believe...tho it was a small act of compassion, the boards will be better before the season because of it.

too bad u didnt wanna get off the thread

Zefflin
10-08-2012, 03:00 PM
Pardon?

Zefflin
10-08-2012, 03:09 PM
That's quite impossible for me to do, so I'll do you and the OP a favor and stop there, you should do the same.

JasonJohnHorn
10-08-2012, 03:12 PM
The following teams would just be amazing to watch:

Dallas (Dirk and prime Brand/Carter/Marion?!?!?!? WTF?!?!! And Kaman)
Lakers (weak bench)
Miami (Rashad and Allen in their prime, to go along with Bosh Wade and James? Still need a center though)
New York (this roster would jsust be crazy: Kidd Camby and Wallace with prime Amare and Melo? FAWK!!!!)

Oh, and by the way, I just wanted to say: EXCELLENT USE OF THE WORD PRIME!!!! PSD IS CLEARLY IN ITS PRIME AND THIS PRIME THREAD IS A PRIME EXAMPLE OF HOW PRIME PSD IS!!!!!!!!!!

Zefflin
10-08-2012, 03:24 PM
I deserve that Jason. ;) I was wrong, clearly, the word prime should be used in every sentence from now on, by every poster.

Heediot
10-08-2012, 03:33 PM
1. Lakers (4 guys that are top 3 in their positions, a beastly defender in Artest)

Rounding out top 5 in particular order.
Clippers (4 potential HOF's starting - Paul, Billpus, Hill Blake. Bledsoe, Crawford, Odom, Butler on their primes off the bench is pretty stacked as well)
Spurs (Big 3 in their prime, history speaks for itself)
Heat have a crazy team as well. 4 probable HOF's on that team.
Knicks - Stacked as well Kidd, Melo, Chandler, Amare, Camby, Shumpert is pretty stacked.

Heediot
10-08-2012, 03:46 PM
The following teams would just be amazing to watch:

Dallas (Dirk and prime Brand/Carter/Marion?!?!?!? WTF?!?!! And Kaman)
Lakers (weak bench)
Miami (Rashad and Allen in their prime, to go along with Bosh Wade and James? Still need a center though)
New York (this roster would jsust be crazy: Kidd Camby and Wallace with prime Amare and Melo? FAWK!!!!)

Oh, and by the way, I just wanted to say: EXCELLENT USE OF THE WORD PRIME!!!! PSD IS CLEARLY IN ITS PRIME AND THIS PRIME THREAD IS A PRIME EXAMPLE OF HOW PRIME PSD IS!!!!!!!!!!

Dallas has 1 sure HOF in Dirk and 1 borderline one in Carter, other teams have 3-4 probable HOF's.

Minimal
10-08-2012, 05:19 PM
Gotta go with Lakers

SteBO
10-08-2012, 05:22 PM
Lakers in a landslide.
Too difficult to disagree with this.

JordansBulls
10-08-2012, 05:43 PM
If these teams had their players in prime,who would be the best and where would you rank them?

Boston
Brandon Bass
Paul Pierce
Jason Terry
Rajon Rondo
Bench:Jeff Green,Chris Wilcox(Sonics),Avery Bradley,Courtney Lee,Jared Sullinger,Kris Joesph,Fab Melo,Darko Milicic,Jason Collins

Chicago
Joakim Noah
Carlos Boozer
Luol Deng
Derrick Rose
Bench:Kirk Hinrich,Nate Robinson,Marco Belinelli,Vladimiar Radmanovic(Sonics),Taj Gibson,Nazr Mohammed

Dallas
Dirk Nowitzki
Elton Brand(Clippers)
Shawn Marion(Suns)
O.J.Mayo
Bench:Darren Collison,Chris Kaman,Delonte West,Rodrigue beaubois,Dahntay Jones,Brandon Wright

Clippers
DeAndre Jordan
Blake Griffin
Grant Hill(Pistons)
Chris Paul
Bench:Lamar Odom,Caron Butler,Jamal Crawford,Willie Green,Eric Bledsoe,Ryan Hollins

Lakers
Dwight Howard
Pau Gasol
Kobe Bryant
Bench:Antawn Jamison,Jodie Meeks,Chris Douglas-Roberts,Steve Blake,Chris Duhon,Jordan Hill,Devin Ebanks

Miami
Chris Bosh
Rashard Lewis(Sonics)
LeBron James
Ray Allen(Bucks/Sonics)
Dwyane Wade
Bench:Shane Battier(Grizzlies/Rockets),Mike Miller(Magic/Grizzlies),Udonis Haslem,Mario Chalmers,Norris Cole,James Jones,Justin Hamilton,Joel Anthony

New York
Amare Stoudemire
Carmelo Anthony
J.R.Smith
Jason Kidd(Suns/Nets)
Bench:Tyson Chandler,Marcus Camby,Raymond Felton,Iman Shumpert,Ronnie Brewer,Kurt Thomas,Steve Novak

San Antonio
Eddy Curry(Bulls/Knicks)
Tim Duncan
Manu Ginobili
Tony Parker
Bench:Gary Neal,Boris Diaw,Dejuan Blair,Kawhi Leonard,Danny Green,Tiago Splitter,Matt Bonner

Dallas would have a whip team.

dee85
10-14-2012, 10:38 PM
this is a dumb thread....youre living on fantasy island......ok, my turn... what if every player over 6'7 1/4 wore blue shoes during games played in the northeast region when the weather is under 53.2 degrees, who would be the best??? lmao these science fiction threads are ridiculous.......what if you got some poonanny and you finally werent a virgin anymore LMAO

LMAO.You are so funny,but you need to relax.This thread was just for fun geez.

Wes_Craven
10-14-2012, 10:46 PM
With the Knicks, I think starting should be Wallace/Chandler(then Camby/Amare off the bench).

LAL-NYK Finals!

Raph12
10-14-2012, 10:46 PM
I think the thread should've included "minus the Lakers" in the title...

Wes_Craven
10-14-2012, 10:49 PM
I find it kinda funny that, even if everyone was in their prime, the Bulls would still be about the same as they are now.

Wes_Craven
10-14-2012, 10:53 PM
I think the thread should've included "minus the Lakers" in the title...

I think a Knick team of:

Tyson Chandler
Carmelo Anthony
J.R.Smith
Jason Kidd(Suns/Nets)

with their bench can definitely give LAL some problems.

N3TS
10-15-2012, 04:32 AM
Knicks or Lakers.

SINCESTARBURY25
10-15-2012, 09:13 AM
What about the wizards team that had Michael Jordan?

jericho
10-15-2012, 10:30 AM

Boston
Brandon Bass
Paul Pierce
Jason Terry
Rajon Rondo

Chicago
Joakim Noah
Carlos Boozer(Utah)
Luol Deng
Derrick Rose
Bench:Kirk Hinrich(Bulls Younger Days),Nate Robinson,Marco Belinelli,Vladimiar Radmanovic(Sonics),Taj Gibson,Nazr Mohammed

Dallas
Dirk Nowitzki
Elton Brand(Clippers)
Shawn Marion(Suns)
O.J.Mayo
Bench:Darren Collison,Chris Kaman(clippers),Delonte West(cavs),Rodrigue beaubois,Dahntay Jones,Brandon Wright

Clippers
DeAndre Jordan
Blake Griffin
Grant Hill(Pistons)
Chris Paul
Bench:Lamar Odom(clippers/Heat/Lakers),Caron Butler(wizards),Jamal Crawford(knicks),Willie Green,Eric Bledsoe,Ryan Hollins

Lakers
Dwight Howard
Pau Gasol
Kobe Bryant
Bench:Antawn Jamison(Warriors/Wizards),Jodie Meeks,Chris Douglas-Roberts,Steve Blake,Chris Duhon,Jordan Hill,Devin Ebanks

Miami
Chris Bosh
Rashard Lewis(Sonics)
LeBron James
Ray Allen(Bucks/Sonics)
Dwyane Wade

New York
Tyson Chandler
Carmelo Anthony
Iman Shumpert
Jason Kidd(Suns/Nets)
Bench:Amare Stoudamire(suns),Marcus Camby(knicks/Nuggets),Raymond Felton(bobcats),Jr Smith,Ronnie Brewer,Kurt Thomas,Steve Novak

San Antonio
Eddy Curry(Bulls/Knicks)just bulls no just no during his knicks run no
Tim Duncan
Manu Ginobili
Tony Parker
Bench:Gary Neal,Boris Diaw(suns),Dejuan Blair,Kawhi Leonard,Danny Green,Tiago Splitter,Matt Bonner

updated lol still lakers but clips heat and knicks are not far out. ray allen was a beast during his bucks/sonic run so was rashard lewis and with lebron next to them all they would have to do is camp out at the 3pt line that there is a scary line up, perfect team for lenny ball. clips would be scary deap and knicks 2. but the lakers are ridiculous starting line up plus jamison back when he had those battles with kobe were they both went for 50 in a game damn :speechless:

JordansBulls
10-15-2012, 07:57 PM
Lakers in a landslide.

This.

THE MTL
10-15-2012, 10:02 PM
I think overall the Knicks would be the best though. Jason Kidd in his prime >>> Steve Nash. And Rasheed Wallace and Marcus Camby in their primes as backups!!!

Kidd (Nets) > Nash ....factor in defense
Shumpert < Kobe
Melo (Nuggets) > Artest
Amare (Suns) > Gasol
Chandler/Prime Camby > Howard
Prime Rasheed > Prime Jamison

Pakman
10-15-2012, 11:01 PM
I think overall the Knicks would be the best though. Jason Kidd in his prime >>> Steve Nash. And Rasheed Wallace and Marcus Camby in their primes as backups!!!

Shumpert < Kobe
Melo (Nuggets) > Artest
Amare (Suns) > Gasol
Prime Rasheed > Prime Jamisonprime camby/chandler doesn't beat any Howard. Prime or not.

jericho
10-15-2012, 11:30 PM

Shumpert < Kobe
Melo (Nuggets) > Artest
Amare (Suns) > Gasol
Prime Rasheed > Prime Jamisonprime camby/chandler doesn't beat any Howard. Prime or not.

I still chose the lakers but chandler with a prime camby do you remember that he used to be defensive player I f the yr b4 Howard got in to his prime

Baller1
10-15-2012, 11:32 PM
Give me Miami.

DoMeFavors
10-15-2012, 11:33 PM
A couple of years ago Celtics had Ray Allen, Shaq, Jermaine on one team if that team was still around def them.