PDA

View Full Version : Jim Tracy resigns as Rockies manager

Rush
10-07-2012, 05:44 PM
BREAKING: Jim Tracy resigns as @Rockies manager, effective immediately.

- MLB Twitter

https://twitter.com/MLB/status/255057989533315072

jej
10-07-2012, 06:00 PM
Didn't they re-sign him "indefinitely" last year? Haha

Nomar
10-07-2012, 06:16 PM
I thought there was some hand shake deal in place.

The Rockies need ro realize that no matter who they hire their pitching staff will still suffer from their home location alone.

Ian.
10-07-2012, 09:05 PM
:yawn:

Muttman73
10-09-2012, 01:28 PM
OH-Kay

tp13baby
10-09-2012, 02:14 PM
I thought there was some hand shake deal in place.

The Rockies need ro realize that no matter who they hire their pitching staff will still suffer from their home location alone.

but a 6.71 era at home will not cut it. Jim Tracy was bad. I thought he was too light on the players, his lineup decisions were questionable. Good to see him go.

LakersA's49ers
10-09-2012, 07:20 PM
too bad. drastic change from the "good" little run they had going. hope they find a coach who can right the ship

MotownWebGuy
10-09-2012, 07:57 PM
too bad. drastic change from the "good" little run they had going. hope they find a coach who can right the ship

Coaches are NBA, NFL, NHL
Managers are MLB

sexicano31
10-09-2012, 07:59 PM
Coaches are NBA, NFL, NHL
Managers are MLB

Well there are coaches in the MLB

IBleedPurple
10-10-2012, 04:18 AM
Rockies wanted him to relinquish alot of his day-to-day duties, many of them they had taken away during the summer. The FO was planning on bringing him back if he agreed, but can't blame him. One of the best people in baseball.

ciaban
10-10-2012, 04:57 AM
Rockies wanted him to relinquish alot of his day-to-day duties, many of them they had taken away during the summer. The FO was planning on bringing him back if he agreed, but can't blame him. One of the best people in baseball.

maybe he is a really nice guy, but as a dodger fan i can't stand him as a manger and i don't think he is all that bright.

Pinstripe pride
10-10-2012, 08:55 AM
heard giambi is a candidate to replace him

Nomar
10-10-2012, 11:39 AM
I literally give Tracy zero blame for the pitching. Blame the fact that the Rockies play of the moon. Curveballs get worse, and pitchers are constantly drastically changing the altitudes they pitch at every five days. It can't be easy.

They will never win a world series until they move locations.

Jim Tracy was a very good manager who the players loved. That's why Tulo and Cargo have come out and said they wanted him to be their manager still next year. As a Red Sox fan i would be glad to see him in our dugout next season.

ciaban
10-10-2012, 12:43 PM
I literally give Tracy zero blame for the pitching. Blame the fact that the Rockies play of the moon. Curveballs get worse, and pitchers are constantly drastically changing the altitudes they pitch at every five days. It can't be easy.

They will never win a world series until they move locations.

Jim Tracy was a very good manager who the players loved. That's why Tulo and Cargo have come out and said they wanted him to be their manager still next year. As a Red Sox fan i would be glad to see him in our dugout next season.

they went to a world series, granted they lost but still, clint hurdel is a great manager tracy is a hack,

as a dodger fan I am going to tell you to not waste your time and go with someone else.

ciaban
10-10-2012, 12:50 PM
sorry double post

Nomar
10-10-2012, 03:32 PM
they went to a world series, granted they lost but still, clint hurdel is a great manager tracy is a hack,

as a dodger fan I am going to tell you to not waste your time and go with someone else.

They went to a world series and got swept. Their pitching will never be good is a more reasonable thing for me to say i guess.