PDA

View Full Version : Anybody think the clippers could clown the lakers?

The Wise One
10-07-2012, 12:10 AM
Anybody here think the Clippers could be a darkhorse team against the Lakers? I think they would have a shot at upsetting the lakers.

Fire off, I never can underestimate a team with Chris Paul on it. He is capable of anything come playoff time. Blake Griffin could make a gigantic leap this season too. His ceiling is endless. Call me crazy, but I think the clippers could upset the lakers come playoff time.

Steve Nash is a terrible hole in the defense. Chris Paul would have a field day with Nash guarding him. If they throw Kobe on CP3, you put odom at the 3 (guarding MWP would be easy for him) and Butler at the 2, and butler torches Nash.

The chemistry between CP3 and his talent young big men will be even better. Big things are coming for the Clips, I mean big things. I really think they could keep up with the Lakeshow. Defense needs to improve, but I can see it happening.

nickdymez
10-07-2012, 12:15 AM
Why the Lakers? PSD thinks the team to beat is OKC. Ask about them.

KB-Pau-DH2012
10-07-2012, 12:17 AM
Not sure if first time poster or dupe...

The Wise One
10-07-2012, 12:19 AM
Why the Lakers? PSD thinks the team to beat is OKC. Ask about them.

True, some people could believe that. The Lakers are still up there with OKC and they are considered the "1st" team in LA. Beating them is a huge and necessary step for the Clips.

douglas
10-07-2012, 12:19 AM
I think the only way the Los Angeles Clippers upset the Los Angeles Lakers is the Clippers win more games than they lose against the Lakers.

MintBerryCrunch
10-07-2012, 12:23 AM
I think the only way the Los Angeles Clippers upset the Los Angeles Lakers is the Clippers win more games than they lose against the Lakers.

Classic

Showtime Steve
10-07-2012, 12:31 AM

Haha

Jenceman
10-07-2012, 12:31 AM
They have a shot I guess. But the Lakers will play team defense, it won't be one on one the entire time. That's how the Lakers will account for Nash's poor defense. Two seven footers and the best defensive player in the league, who turns defenses elite by just existing on the court. The Lakers will be fine.

Showtime Steve
10-07-2012, 12:38 AM
Clown or compete?? Clown? Possibly as long as pau still guards blake. I actually like the clips bench better than lakers for now. But as long as del negro is your coach, no chance.

shep33
10-07-2012, 12:38 AM
Clips look like they'll be very good. One issue I had with them was giving up Reggie Evans and Kmart. Say DeAndre gets into foul trouble against Dwight. The Clips have to then rely on Ryan Hollins. In general the front line is pretty weak. I'm not convinced that LO is back.

Cp3 and Blake are awesome. The bench is solid, particularly the perimeter. Good shooters. They should be a great team. But again, I wish they hadn't given up Evans and Kmart, and like the Lakers the head coach of the Clips is a worry.

Cal827
10-07-2012, 12:40 AM
This thread got Douggied. Mods, close this s*it up :clap:

Avenged
10-07-2012, 01:22 AM
Clown as in embarrass them? Probably not. Actually, I doubt they would embarrass them in a 7 game series.

Could they compete against the Lakers and beat them in a hard fought series? Yes. 2 posts in though, and already a questionable thread.. not sure why I responded seriously.

lakerboy
10-07-2012, 03:07 AM
We are better than the Clippers. We were better htan them last year, and we are definitely superior to them this year.

Supreme LA
10-07-2012, 03:10 AM
Clippers have no chance especially now that the flopping rule is in effect.

LakersMaster24
10-07-2012, 04:38 AM
:laugh:

Cute.

Jesse2272
10-07-2012, 05:01 AM
Would be classic

Not going to happen

Bravo95
10-07-2012, 05:35 AM
Maybe a good series based on talent, but I'd still pick the Lakers because VDN makes Mike Brown look like Phil Jackson.

bootleg42
10-07-2012, 05:51 AM
If Dwight Howard blocks the middle as he's expected to do, then the Clippers have no chance.

If they're only plan is on exploiting Nash's defense, then they're lost. CP3 works best when he can take a few jumpers AND drive to the basket. The paint will have no space for CP3 to create.

Clippers will be lucky to even go 7 with the Lakers.

Chavacano
10-07-2012, 05:52 AM

^^ This.

clifborder4fm
10-07-2012, 07:04 AM
Clips are the deepest team in the leage in my opinion but their future rides on the performance of DeAndre Jordan... If he can make the leap to elite and average double doubles then things will be extremely interesting

Andrew32
10-07-2012, 08:34 AM
Possible that Clippers could win in a playoff series? Yes
Would I bet on it? No.

Lakers would be the team I would side on currently.
Lakers team BBIQ is higher, they are more proven and they have Dwight.

JasonJohnHorn
10-07-2012, 09:12 AM
I believe the Clippers could potentially beat the Lakers in a 7 game series.

The goods
10-07-2012, 09:54 AM
Can they beat us in 1 game? Yes,
will they clown us? doubtful

IndyRealist
10-07-2012, 10:16 AM
Nash's defensive liability is overstated. NO ONE really stops Chris Paul one-on-one. Or any of the super quick PG's, really. It's not possible to defend someone with that kind of speed and ballhandling while you're backpedaling. You have to have other players trapping and cutting off lanes.

And Caron Butler's not torching anyone. When was the last time "torched" and "Caron Butler" were used in the same sentence and Butler's name came first, besides this thread? Has he torched anyone since 2008?

Cal827
10-07-2012, 10:20 AM
Surprised that nobody has said "clown question bro." yet

Andrew32
10-07-2012, 10:26 AM
Caron Butler's not torching anyone. When was the last time "torched" and "Caron Butler" were used in the same sentence and Butler's name came first, besides this thread? Has he torched anyone since 2008?

Caron Butler in his last game VS Kobe (2012) : 28pts on 50% shooting.

2009 h2h (1 game)
Caron : 12pts / 6ast on 50% shooting
Kobe : 11pts / 5ast on 36% shooting

2008 h2h (1 game)
Caron : 26pts on 46% shooting
Kobe : 23pts on 29% shooting

:cool:

TheGuz00
10-07-2012, 10:29 AM
LMAO, hell NO! clippers r still the clippers! They r still the LAKERS B**tch!

IndyRealist
10-07-2012, 10:56 AM

2009 h2h (1 game)

2008 h2h (1 game)

HAHAHAHAHAHA! I had no idea he was a Kobe stopper :clap:

Iron24th
10-07-2012, 11:08 AM

2009 h2h (1 game)

2008 h2h (1 game)

In their 2012 oppositions (3games):

01/14/12 clips win 102-94
Butler : 13pts 4-14 FG
Kobe : 42pts 14-28 FG

01/25/12 Lakers win 96-91
Butler : 16pts 6-11 FG
Kobe : 24pts 7-17 FG

04/04/12 Lakers win 113-108
Butler : 28pts 9-18 FG
Kobe : 31pts 13-19 FG (you forgot to mention it above)

In their last meetings and since butler is clipper, Kobe always owned him.

Nice try troll :rolleyes:

Baller1
10-07-2012, 11:12 AM
Yeah, but OKC is still the team to beat in the West..

Andrew32
10-07-2012, 11:14 AM
Butler : 6-11 FG = 55%
Kobe : 7-17 FG = 41%

Butler > Kobe

Iron24th
10-07-2012, 11:19 AM

Thanks for proving me right about you :eyebrow:

Andrew32
10-07-2012, 11:32 AM
Thanks for proving me right about you :eyebrow:
You're welcome.

I was joking around obviously but I guess some people have that persecution complex where they think everyone is trying to attack them.
It totally ruins the humor when people take it too seriously. :(

Do you really think I was trying to say Butler was a better player?

He has held his own against Kobe in the past though and did more than respectably against Kobe in 2/3 matchups back in 2012 even though obviously Kobe was better.

The guy did ask when was the last time Caron "torched" anyone and he did torch Kobe the last time they met even though Kobe torched him back.

Iron24th
10-07-2012, 11:57 AM
You're welcome.

I was joking around obviously but I guess some people have that persecution complex where they think everyone is trying to attack them.
It totally ruins the humor when people take it too seriously. :(

Do you really think I was trying to say Butler was a better player?

He has held his own against Kobe in the past though and did more than respectably against Kobe in 2/3 matchups back in 2012 even though obviously Kobe was better.

The guy did ask when was the last time Caron "torched" anyone and he did torch Kobe the last time they met even though Kobe torched him back.

Not so sure, I've seen a few kobe hater posts from you already.

But you're welcome as well.

NFLNBA
10-07-2012, 12:08 PM
Didnt the Lakers win the series with the Clippers last year without Howard, Nash, Jamison, Meeks???? I hate when people say Nash would get killed by CP3 while that is true CP3 cant guard Nash as well. Its team defense when it comes to these point guards and the high screen or pick. Nash will def make CP3 work atleast on the defense side! This is the first time in over a decade the Lakers have a PG that you have to practice and prepare for. Ill take Nash with Howard and Gasol guarding the paint then CP3 with Jordan and Griffen guarding paint. Also Artest will start the season playing like he ended the season last year and if anyone remember he was a beast, he did elbow Harden after dunking on Durrant but he was still balling again. And its on record that he is in best shape since Pacer days. HOWARD dominates Jordan and my god there back up is hollins lmao they gonna put Griffen on him? Lets not forget the LAkers bench last year......Blake, Ebanks, Glock, mcroberts, murphy lol Jamison, Meeks, Hill, Duhon Chris Douglas Roberts, Blake.

Also i think the great overeacting of Griffen and CP3 will now be limited a bit because they dont want to lose money. Both of them sell fouls more then most. Both top 10 with Griffen being top 3 flopper.

Nash vs CP3
Kobe vs Green, Crawford, Billups? Not sure who they are starting
Artest vs Butler
Gasol vs Griffin
Howard vs Jordan

Jamison vs Grant Hill
Meeks vs Green, Crawford, Billups?
Hill vs Odom
Duhon or Blake vs Bledsoe
Ebanks vs Barnes
Chris Douglas-Roberts vs Green, Crawford, Billups

While the Clippers are a very good team, they just are not on the Lakers level. Again Lakers took the series last year from them woth no bench scoring "Jamison,Meeks", No PG "Nash for Sessions" and no consistant C play "Howard for Bynum"

Can they steal a win in the regular season, sure they can but can they take a playoff series where you only go 8-9 deep making depth a non factor NO!

goose14741
10-07-2012, 12:15 PM
Cp3/bledsoe/leslie(agent zero?)
Billups/crawford/green
Butler/hill/barnes
Blake/odom/thompkins
Jordan/turiaf/hollins
vs
Nash/duhon(barbosa?)/blake
Kobe/meeks/(djo/cdr)
Mwp/earl clark/ebanks
Pau/jamison/hill
Dwight/hill/sacre

Clippers are much much much deeper so in the season they might steal a few but in the playoffs, probably the conference semis or west finals, with the staryers logging heavy minutes, I dont see the clippers standing a chance. The power of kobe is too much to handle. Whose going to guard him? Billups? Crawford?

xxplayerxx23
10-07-2012, 12:33 PM
Okc is the team to bat. I think Denver can upset the Lakers to be honest. Im nota huge fan of the clippers unless odom goes back to Lakers odom.

xxplayerxx23
10-07-2012, 12:35 PM
Clippers have the obvious bench edge and PG edge. I don't trust billups after his injury to contain Kobe. SF matchup doesn't matter they both aren't much. Griffin Has to outplay Gasol if they want any chance. Dwight will smash Jordan, they will need to come with doubles. If im the clippers I send butler and any SF out there to double howard and let MWP beat you from the outside.

nickdymez
10-07-2012, 06:50 PM
In their 2012 oppositions (3games):

01/14/12 clips win 102-94
Butler : 13pts 4-14 FG
Kobe : 42pts 14-28 FG

01/25/12 Lakers win 96-91
Butler : 16pts 6-11 FG
Kobe : 24pts 7-17 FG

04/04/12 Lakers win 113-108
Butler : 28pts 9-18 FG
Kobe : 31pts 13-19 FG (you forgot to mention it above)

In their last meetings and since butler is clipper, Kobe always owned him.

Nice try troll :rolleyes:

Classic!

nickdymez
10-07-2012, 06:51 PM
Cp3/bledsoe/leslie(agent zero?)
Billups/crawford/green
Butler/hill/barnes
Blake/odom/thompkins
Jordan/turiaf/hollins
vs
Nash/duhon(barbosa?)/blake
Kobe/meeks/(djo/cdr)
Mwp/earl clark/ebanks
Pau/jamison/hill
Dwight/hill/sacre

Clippers are much much much deeper so in the season they might steal a few but in the playoffs, probably the conference semis or west finals, with the staryers logging heavy minutes, I dont see the clippers standing a chance. The power of kobe is too much to handle. Whose going to guard him? Billups? Crawford?

LMFAO.. just as classic

AsiandudePH
10-07-2012, 06:56 PM
Clippers could win a game or two - heck any team on any given day could win against anybody. But to answer the question, NO. In a playoff series, no way the Clippers would win against the Lakers - maybe if they had a better coach they could, but that's a big maybe.

I'm not saying Coach Brown is great 'cause he isn't, but so is Del Negro.

popo85
10-07-2012, 07:06 PM
Nuggets beat this years Lakers squad? No

As far as the OP, Clown this years squad? gtfo

ragee
10-07-2012, 07:13 PM
Anybody here think the Clippers could be a darkhorse team against the Lakers? I think they would have a shot at upsetting the lakers.

Fire off, I never can underestimate a team with Chris Paul on it. He is capable of anything come playoff time. Blake Griffin could make a gigantic leap this season too. His ceiling is endless. Call me crazy, but I think the clippers could upset the lakers come playoff time.

Steve Nash is a terrible hole in the defense. Chris Paul would have a field day with Nash guarding him. If they throw Kobe on CP3, you put odom at the 3 (guarding MWP would be easy for him) and Butler at the 2, and butler torches Nash.

The chemistry between CP3 and his talent young big men will be even better. Big things are coming for the Clips, I mean big things. I really think they could keep up with the Lakeshow. Defense needs to improve, but I can see it happening.

You forgot about Dwight Howard. He played with teammates who can't play any D but the Magic still ended up being on of the best defensive team in the league. He would also floursih pkaying with a PG like Nash and won't be doubled that much because the focus of the defense will be set on Kobe.

So to answer your question, I would have to say no. The Lakers in my opinion is the best team right now. It all falls on Kobe. If he can play unselfish basketball, then they would be hard to beat. If he decides to not trust his teammates and hog the ball, then that's a different story.

ragee
10-07-2012, 07:17 PM
Clips are the deepest team in the leage in my opinion but their future rides on the performance of DeAndre Jordan... If he can make the leap to elite and average double doubles then things will be extremely interesting

I think the Celts are deeper than them.

xxplayerxx23
10-07-2012, 07:35 PM
Nuggets beat this years Lakers squad? No
As far as the OP, Clown this years squad? gtfo

Love how you are so sure. They matchup very well.

Showing the nuggets have a shot
Lawson-Nash Nash won't guard Lawon and well yeah Lawson won't guard Nash

Iggy vs Kobe- Iggy might be the best preimter defender in the game.

Gallo Vs MWP- Gallo can help on Howard and will let MWP shoot from the outside, MWP isn't the same defender Galo can be a factor

Faired VS PAu obviously Pau is better but Faired could out hustle and out rebound Gasol

Howard Vs Mcagee- Solid defender and Howard will see doubles

Bench Nuggets Bench is a lot better

Nuggets can upset the Lakers.

TheNumber37
10-07-2012, 07:38 PM
Clippers might be the highest scoring team in the league next year.
They have guns.

Lakerhead4ever
10-07-2012, 07:42 PM
The clippers will be a very good team but the difference to me is their lack of championship pieces. Deandre Jordan is a joke and nothing but a big body.

Blake Griffen still has to prove he has what it takes, that means making the outside jumper on a regular. Not to mention if he plans on dominating the middle he needs to prove he can make free throws. I just think he's about a year or two away from those attributes.

And everyone is talking about their bench. Okay let's see. They have Lamar odom, (we judge players off of their past season) who did horribly on the mavs. I doubt he's back to form. And can someone tell me what the hype is about Jamal Crawford?? What has he done for any of his past teams?? He has done nothing but be a good individual player. I'm done thinking he can be a winning type player. I like the grant hill and Matt Barnes signings because of the hustle and grit.

To me this team is still short of good team players. It seems like they just pick from the lists and got the best players available. But no team players. A lot of those signing will disappear when their called upon deep in the post season

No one other than cp3 and billups worries me. Although they will be fun to watch.

popo85
10-07-2012, 07:48 PM
Love how you are so sure. They matchup very well.

Showing the nuggets have a shot
Lawson-Nash Nash won't guard Lawon and well yeah Lawson won't guard Nash

Iggy vs Kobe- Iggy might be the best preimter defender in the game.

Gallo Vs MWP- Gallo can help on Howard and will let MWP shoot from the outside, MWP isn't the same defender Galo can be a factor

Faired VS PAu obviously Pau is better but Faired could out hustle and out rebound Gasol

Howard Vs Mcagee- Solid defender and Howard will see doubles

Bench Nuggets Bench is a lot better

Nuggets can upset the Lakers.

Alot? better Lakers added a 17pt scorer and a solid 3pt shooter all they lost was Barnes. Hill played well at the end of the season and will give decent back up minutes. The only weakness in the Lakers squad is the back up Point guard. Gasol/Howard Nuggets have no match for them. Yes you should love how i stated this, the Lakers upgraded on 3 positions from last season obviously i will be confident.

kobebabe
10-07-2012, 08:05 PM
We both should get rid of our coaches then we can have a varied debate:D

LAKERMANIA
10-07-2012, 08:14 PM
No.

Lakerhead4ever
10-07-2012, 08:46 PM
Ppl hate on mike brown because he had 1 bad season, with no training camp, no practice, and not to mention coaching a team that had the triangle implemented for 11 years.

Eg714
10-07-2012, 09:25 PM
Lol. Clippers couldn't clown on the lakers when we didn't have Dwight, Nash,and a solid bench. Sure we could play some close games but in no way are the clippers embarrassing the Lakeshow.

Hawkeye15
10-07-2012, 09:37 PM
If both teams are healthy, I think the Lakers in 6. I am not sure how many realize what an upgrade they made at PG, forget about Dwight>Bynum. The Lakers lost the PG battle on a nightly basis the past 2 years basically, and will now win it 50-60 times a year.

MetroMan
10-07-2012, 10:27 PM

Corny

Lakers + Giants
10-07-2012, 10:51 PM
The OP is Clippersfan86, obviously.

xxplayerxx23
10-07-2012, 10:55 PM
Alot? better Lakers added a 17pt scorer and a solid 3pt shooter all they lost was Barnes. Hill played well at the end of the season and will give decent back up minutes. The only weakness in the Lakers squad is the back up Point guard. Gasol/Howard Nuggets have no match for them. Yes you should love how i stated this, the Lakers upgraded on 3 positions from last season obviously i will be confident.

:laugh2: Yes a lot, have you seen the Nuggets bench??? You added Jamision a 17 point scorer, he was very inefficent and won't play that many mins. When Faired outhustles Gasol again I will come back to you with this no answer. I showed you a way to at least make Howard honest. Nuggets have a chance as I said.

LoveMeOrHateMe
10-07-2012, 11:08 PM

2009 h2h (1 game)

2008 h2h (1 game)

And you say you don't hate Kobe hahaha wow anything to **** on Kobe lol loser

Randy West
10-07-2012, 11:34 PM
Yes the Clippers are clowns compared to the Lakers.

LA's sweet little stepchildren will still be LA's sweet little stepchildren this season. Just as in all the years past.