PDA

View Full Version : Orlando Magic or Houston Rockets?

JO3
10-06-2012, 02:55 PM
Who will be worse this year?

G. Davis
Nicholson
Turkoglu
Afflalo
Nelson

6th man - Redick

or

Asik
Motiejunas
Parsons
Martin
Lin

6th man - T. Jones

(Im not sure who the starters will be but this is my guess. Just wanna know what people think of these teams.)

MagicBucsSox
10-06-2012, 03:03 PM
Do u really care that much

JO3
10-06-2012, 03:06 PM
Do u really care that much

Yes. I'm interested to see who everyone thinks will have the worse record in the league..

PurpleJesus
10-06-2012, 03:09 PM
tough to say, I go with Orlando because they have to adjust to life without a superstar.

JO3
10-06-2012, 03:13 PM
tough to say, I go with Orlando because they have to adjust to life without a superstar.

Good point.

topdog
10-06-2012, 03:18 PM
I would assume Vucervic will start for Orlando at center. Houston should be better based on a mix of returning players on the wing and at least solid additions. I also think Houston has the better collection of young players especially Lamb and Montiejunas.

Tha Truth
10-06-2012, 03:20 PM
Orlando.

The Rockets have a good coach so that will help the steal some wins.

PurpleJesus
10-06-2012, 03:22 PM
Orlando.

????

Chronz
10-06-2012, 03:22 PM
Orlando definitely, Houston has an underrated bunch that wont win much but should compete

Hawkeye15
10-06-2012, 03:23 PM
Orlando will be the worse team. Houston, while no way are they competing for a playoff spot imo, has some young talent, and a coach who gets the most out of young players. I think Houston wins around 30 games, Orlando however may struggle to win 25.

JO3
I would assume Vucervic will start for Orlando at center. Houston should be better based on a mix of returning players on the wing and at least solid additions. I also think Houston has the better collection of young players especially Lamb and Montiejunas.

Vucevic could very likely be a starter, not sure. Id much rather be in the rebuild situation that Houston is in. But I think Orlando is a better destination for FAs.

Hawkeye15
Orlando definitely, Houston has an underrated bunch that wont win much but should compete

yep. They have young talent, and guys who play hard coming off the bench. And while I don't think McHale is a good coach, x's and o's wise, he does get his players to play very hard for him. That alone will steal a handful of wins in the grinding NBA season.

Tha Truth
10-06-2012, 03:26 PM
????

What are you confused about.

I said the Rockets have a good COACH

JO3
10-06-2012, 03:27 PM

LOL :clap:

Cromedome
10-06-2012, 03:28 PM
Houston....and Linsanity will be put to rest forever.

PurpleJesus
10-06-2012, 03:28 PM

Kevin McHale is a good coach?

Tha Truth
10-06-2012, 03:44 PM
Kevin McHale is a good coach?

He had the Rockets finish in 9th last year. Two games out of a playoff spot.

Their starting point guard (Lowry) missed 19 games not to mention he was playing at an allstar level

Kevin Martin their primary scorer missed 26 games.

That didn't leave them with that great a team and he still had them in the mix for a playoff spot in the tough Western Conference.

You really don't think he's a good coach? Wow

I know you might be bitter about his Minnesota days. Yes he had some rough years there, but the guy is a good coach.

PurpleJesus
10-06-2012, 03:45 PM
no matter how you spin it, McHal is not a good coach...that is why his players complained about him so much last season.

JasonJohnHorn
10-06-2012, 05:34 PM
I'm going with Orlando. They will suck. Lose their best player for nothing, then lose a great coach for a rookie coach... that doesn't sound to good.

I look at Houston and I see a team that finished 34-32 last season and signed two guys who will hopefully help them improve. Asik put up very impressive numbers in limited minutes in Chi-town and I am curious to see what he can do with starting minutes. And Lin, well, if he can continue his play from last season and improve, he's going to be something special as well. Plus they have Kevin Martin still and a host of first round draft picks (one or two of them has to be good... lol). And they still have the same coach from last year. The exit of Lowery might hurt them is Lin doesn't play well, but...

I'm looking at Houston on paper and I'm not sure how they finished over .500 last year, but they did, and while they did let go of a couple of pieces I like (Dalembert, Lowery, Scola and Camby) they did pick up a couple of players via free agency who will hopefully play well... and they got several draft picks... I won't say that Houston will finish above .500 again, but they will certainly not be at the bottom of the league. That's between Orlando and Charlotte.

Victimize
10-06-2012, 05:43 PM
Orlando, when your best option on offense is Afflalo you wont be very good.

I love AA, but he should not be the primary scorer on any team.

I didnt even mention how bad they will be defensively (outside of AA of course)

seikou8
10-06-2012, 05:46 PM
it is Orlando and it is not close

heyman321
10-06-2012, 08:08 PM
Orlando will be way worse. Lin and Kevin Martin are better than anyone on Orlando's roster.

Hype
10-06-2012, 08:35 PM
Orlando.

Are you f'ing kidding me? McHale is the worst coach in the history of the N.B.A.

dtmagnet
10-06-2012, 08:55 PM
Houston....and Linsanity will be put to rest forever.

Those grapes are pretty sour huh?

Tha Truth
10-06-2012, 10:13 PM
no matter how you spin it, McHal is not a good coach...that is why his players complained about him so much last season.

Are you f'ing kidding me? McHale is the worst coach in the history of the N.B.A.

Lol what is this based on? The terrible Minnesota teams he coached?

He knows the game of basketball. At no point did I say he was an amazing coach. I said good. It all depends on how you interpret it.

In any event Orlando will be worse than the Rockets.

The goods
10-06-2012, 10:48 PM
Orlando easily, the rockets have a young core and a few rookies.

N3TS
10-06-2012, 10:55 PM
I'd have to say the magic.

AWC713
10-07-2012, 10:09 AM
rockets will surprise people. their rookies did OUTSTANDING in summer league. granted its only summer league, they still looked really really good.

i dont see why this team cant sneak in as an 8th seed. lamb, motiejunas and terrance jones will all surprise people. asik is a great defensive center and will board up, like 10 a game if not more. parsons will be back...this team is no where near the mess that the magic are

IndyRealist
10-07-2012, 10:50 AM
I have Orlando as one of the bottom 6 teams in the league. Why? Their lineup should be:

Nelson/Reddick/Q-Rich/Ayon/Vucevic, with McRoberts/Affalo/Ish/Turkoglu off the bench and Ayon sliding to C with the backups.

BUT their lineup will likely be:
Nelson/Affalo/Turkoglu/Harrington/Davis, with Vucevic/Harkless/Reddick/Duhon off the bench and Harrington sliding to SF with the backups.

D2theJ
10-07-2012, 11:01 AM
The Magic definitely have less talent. In the past I might say the Rockets would have a harder time in a tougher Western Conference, but the East is a lot stronger 1-8 now so I'd definitely say Magic.

Dankster
10-07-2012, 11:06 AM
Well the rockets have a lot of young talent, but that doesn't necessarily manifest itself into wins. Will probably take them a while to figure out a winning formula out there, but it looks like they're in the right direction with the pieces they've assembled (will be interesting to see how Royce White does this year, especially when factoring in his traveling issues.)

I'm pretty sure Orlando will be giving Charlotte a run for their money as the worst team in the league. I like Charlotte's team more though going into the future, Biyombo will continue developing into a defensive animal and MKG looks like a very promising young prospect.

xxplayerxx23
10-07-2012, 11:16 AM
Orlando easy. Houston should be okay. Won't be bottom 5 IMO.

DR_1
10-07-2012, 10:48 PM
I think the Bobcats will be worse than both.

JordansBulls
10-08-2012, 02:19 AM
Orlando.

Steelers23_06
10-08-2012, 05:55 AM
the rockets have solid talent. they are a lot of potential, we all know what type of potential Lin has but the question is if he brings Linsanity with him to HOU. They also have KMart who showed us a lot of upside during his time in SAC. Along with the 3 steals the got in the 2012 draft they could shock a lot of people. Terrence Jones, Jeremy Lamb & Royce White all can contribute instantly. I pick HOU as my sleeper.

Steelers23_06
10-08-2012, 06:01 AM
I think the Bobcats will be worse than both.

i agree but i think thats what they hoped for when drafting mkg. hes a janitor player...does all the dirty work that nobody else wants to do, a player that can shine from the passenger seat. so they already have thewir sidekick just need a superhero. i see them making positive moves now that jordan is stepping back. so they made a step foward while stick stinking it up. so when they get their savoir they have a few pieces already in play.

xcrisisx
10-08-2012, 06:23 AM
the rockets have solid talent. they are a lot of potential, we all know what type of potential Lin has but the question is if he brings Linsanity with him to HOU. They also have KMart who showed us a lot of upside during his time in SAC. Along with the 3 steals the got in the 2012 draft they could shock a lot of people. Terrence Jones, Jeremy Lamb & Royce White all can contribute instantly. I pick HOU as my sleeper.

he will be solid, but he'll never perform a whole season like during those few weeks

Steelers23_06
10-08-2012, 06:30 AM
he will be solid, but he'll never perform a whole season like during those few weeks

yea i dont think a lot of people can. for those couple weeks it was like the whole world was watching him and he could do no wrong. thats what you call cajones. but i feel like a lot of hou rides on his performance and if he can get the young bucks motivated like he did NY during that run. if he can do 3/4 of that for a full season they could sneak in the playoffs imo.

JordansBulls
10-08-2012, 05:45 PM
Did Scola get picked up by someone?

Blitzace137
10-08-2012, 06:52 PM
Houston they have a solid young core along with Kevin Martin/Lin them two alone should win the Rockets a good amount of games.

JordansBulls
10-08-2012, 10:26 PM
Who is Scola with now?

JO3
10-09-2012, 11:42 AM
Who is Scola with now?

Suns