PDA

View Full Version : Nba 2k13

4 POINT PLAY LJ
10-06-2012, 01:19 PM
How is the game?

After 2K12, I was really disappointed by the online play, sometimes it was really slow. And sometimes the attempts to steal and they actually steal the ball pisses me off. I stopped playing 2K12 after about 3 weeks.

I'm looking to buy either 2K13 or Madden 13

Chronz
10-06-2012, 01:25 PM
You stopped playing before giving the servers a chance IMO. I rarely have problems with online game play, its the 5-10% disconnects that got to me, this 2k hasn't had that yet.

Lakersfanla24
10-06-2012, 01:26 PM
How is the game?

After 2K12, I was really disappointed by the online play, sometimes it was really slow. And sometimes the attempts to steal and they actually steal the ball pisses me off. I stopped playing 2K12 after about 3 weeks.

I'm looking to buy either 2K13 or Madden 13

2k13 is miles ahead of 2k12, the controls for performing moves, especially in the post, are much easier to use. I play on xbox against my brother and from what i can tell they have fixed the "lag" issues. I just wish they would have made some tweaks to the online association.

JordansBulls
10-06-2012, 01:34 PM
One thing I hate about this game is that it does automatic saves for a season and there is no option to turn it off.

4 POINT PLAY LJ
10-06-2012, 01:47 PM
Sounds good then lol

mngopher35
10-06-2012, 01:47 PM
One thing I hate about this game is that it does automatic saves for a season and there is no option to turn it off.

agreed, I hope they can fix that with a patch asap

Losoway
10-06-2012, 01:49 PM
this game is LIGHT YEARS BETTER THEN 2K12

the gameplay the controls the feel ...Man this is the best game ever

Mr_Jones
10-06-2012, 02:06 PM
You get hardly any VC.. When everything costs so much!

Yankeefan213
10-06-2012, 02:11 PM
Is crew back? Not sure why they got rid of it, that was my favorite game mode from 2k11

Chronz
10-06-2012, 02:17 PM

explain

Hangtime
10-06-2012, 03:07 PM
Why is Barkley on the dream team but not on the 85 76ers squad? And Dr.j is not on the game either?

I Rock Shaqs
10-06-2012, 03:34 PM
Lmao @ the people saying this game is light years ahead of 2k12, it's really not.
Online servers are stilllllll trash but not as trash, I guess they are good for 2k. The controls are awful and they move really slow, but the presentation and graphics are amazing. Im a hardcore gamer so most of the stuff that pisses me off probably won't be a big concern for others.

PacersForLife
10-06-2012, 03:41 PM
I agree, but I think maybe it has to do with the whole VC thing. They have it auto-save so people can't just keep getting VC for doing the same thing over and over again? I don't know...

You get hardly any VC.. When everything costs so much!
Yeah, they are just trying to make more money off of you by doing that. Making you buy the expensive stuff by buying the VC with real money.

Overall though, there are some things in this game that make it better than 2K12. The controls are more free flowing in some ways, but it also is pretty hard to get used to the defense. Sometimes there are too many animations. The rebounding flat-out sucks. I'm hoping they have a patch to fix a lot of these things soon.

HeaTxRipZz
10-06-2012, 03:42 PM
Lmao @ the people saying this game is light years ahead of 2k12, it's really not.
Online servers are stilllllll trash but not as trash, I guess they are good for 2k. The controls are awful and they move really slow, but the presentation and graphics are amazing. Im a hardcore gamer so most of the stuff that pisses me off probably won't be a big concern for others.

Other than launch day server issues with Online Association what problems have there been? Haven't had any network errors or any long waits to play a game in quick match. Controls on the demo were slow, on the full game it's a lot more polished and moves VERY fluid. Do you even have the full game? Just seems what you have said isn't based on the full game at all

Stunner
10-06-2012, 03:48 PM

................. Get in the kitchen

I Rock Shaqs
10-06-2012, 03:50 PM
Other than launch day server issues with Online Association what problems have there been? Haven't had any network errors or any long waits to play a game in quick match. Controls on the demo were slow, on the full game it's a lot more polished and moves VERY fluid. Do you even have the full game? Just seems what you have said isn't based on the full game at all

I got that **** first day it came out, Everybody can steal the ball from each other in that game and just because you don't have a certain skill doesn't mean you shouldn't be able to dunk it from 1 foot away with a defender on the opposite side of the rim. Stamina and the speed of the players are ridiculous on that game.

NFLNBA
10-06-2012, 03:51 PM
IMO NBA 2K13 is the best sports game ive ever played! Madden 13 was god awful maybe the worst version of madden ever?

Funny how NBA made its best game but madden made its worst

I Rock Shaqs
10-06-2012, 03:53 PM
I like 2k13 A LOT , im not just going to be like BEST GAME EVER ITS ABSOLUTELY PERFECt when it's not.

CousinsEvansDUO
10-06-2012, 03:55 PM
It's disrespectful to the city of Sacramento to not give Tyreke Evans a higher rating than 81 and only 4 stars trade value WHEN HE SHOULD BE 5 STARS..how does a scrub like jennings get 5 stars when Evans is more talented than him and had one of the best offseason trainings in his entire life. Hopefully a patch comes out soon for the PC and they correct their ratings.

I Rock Shaqs
10-06-2012, 03:57 PM
It's disrespectful to the city of Sacramento to not give Tyreke Evans a higher rating than 81 and only 4 stars trade value WHEN HE SHOULD BE 5 STARS..how does a scrub like jennings get 5 stars when Evans is more talented than him and had one of the best offseason trainings in his entire life. Hopefully a patch comes out soon for the PC and they correct their ratings.

That is pretty ridiculous lol just the fact that BJ got 5 stars. Tyreke should have 5 stars but 81 is fine for him.

aman_13
10-06-2012, 04:10 PM
Its not the best sports game ever. MLB the Show would be the best sports game ever if your going to categorize games like that.

HeaTxRipZz
10-06-2012, 04:23 PM
Its not the best sports game ever. MLB the Show would be the best sports game ever if your going to categorize games like that.

Ehh I guess an argument can be made just hard for anyone to put it that high when it's a PS3 exclusive title

ThuglifeJ
10-06-2012, 04:31 PM
Pros:
-Offline is amazing, super smooth gameplay and a ton of different ways to score
-Great presentation
-Better graphics
-if you have a friend/roomate who plays it's the most entertaining game there is because if you're not online it's so smooth.
-Iverson is so fun offline, they should make more retro teams from the 2000s

Cons:
-Playing online is still a .5 second lag about.. its so stupid you cant play online the same way offline. Its a completely different game online cuz its so ****in slow. Who wants to play offline tho unless its against a friend...so STUPID they cant get better servers.
-They got greedy. They now let you buy VC (skill point things) with real money so you can buy with real money anything in the game like better players for myteam, better myplayer in seconds. And anyone with money has apparetntly taken advantage of this already
-Ratings are pretty dumb as usual
-Rebounding sucks
-Kyle Korver is the best player in the game
-Still have that 'momentum' factor they brought into 2k12. Which gets old, just take it out ffs and let things like Dunks or big plays cause momentum shifts not just randomly to keep games close

only game I play so Im sorta annoyed about the cons. Good game tho

The goods
10-06-2012, 04:35 PM
The game is great the only problem I really had with the 2k franchise was the cross over controls, and boy did they fix that in 2k13.

The goods
10-06-2012, 04:38 PM
Pros:
-Offline is amazing, super smooth gameplay and a ton of different ways to score
-Great presentation
-Better graphics
-if you have a friend/roomate who plays it's the most entertaining game there is because if you're not online it's so smooth.
-Iverson is so fun offline, they should make more retro teams from the 2000s

Cons:
-Playing online is still a .5 second lag about.. its so stupid you cant play online the same way offline. Its a completely different game online cuz its so ****in slow. Who wants to play offline tho unless its against a friend...so STUPID they cant get better servers.
-They got greedy. They now let you buy VC (skill point things) with real money so you can buy with real money anything in the game like better players for myteam, better myplayer in seconds. And anyone with money has apparetntly taken advantage of this already
-Ratings are pretty dumb as usual
-Rebounding sucks
-Kyle Korver is the best player in the game
-Still have that 'momentum' factor they brought into 2k12. Which gets old, just take it out ffs and let things like Dunks or big plays cause momentum shifts not just randomly to keep games close

only game I play so Im sorta annoyed about the cons. Good game tho

Oh man I forgot about the online play, I hate the lag I haven't played online yet, but I was hoping they fixed that, man that sucks!!!

aman_13
10-06-2012, 04:41 PM
Ehh I guess an argument can be made just hard for anyone to put it that high when it's a PS3 exclusive title

It truly sucks that Xbox doesn't have The Show. Luckily, i have both consoles. :)

ThuglifeJ
10-06-2012, 04:45 PM
ik right. if they could just not have the online lag itd be the best game ever

Stunner
10-06-2012, 05:06 PM
Played 26 games no lag

Raph12
10-06-2012, 05:21 PM
WAY too easy to score and too difficult to play defense... Lebron is literally unguardable, I went 18-21 in one game (8min quarters) and scoring inside is too simple.

stawka
10-06-2012, 09:30 PM
Did anyone buy the PC version? I installed it, ran it and I would get an error saying wrong CD inserted lol. Apparently the producers ****ed up on the PC version and there's a temporary patch until it gets re-released on October 15th

FAIL! Just went and bought me an Xbox 360 because of this game

Corey
10-06-2012, 09:34 PM
Hi there..

We have a video game forum.

Please use it.