PDA

View Full Version : Mlb umpires are they screened for betting?

Atl Bill
10-06-2012, 02:27 AM
Obviously my tag says it all, but i am curious to how the mlb does this... baseball is full of cheaters. Also, does anyone of any information, about fans suing the mlb overstuff like this? Or does a city sue for damages and loss of income? Cuz this call just doesn't ruin a season, but hurts atlanta economically as well too.

Guppyfighter
10-06-2012, 02:34 AM
The call was ****** and dumb, but only a ****** would think these guys bet on the game.

CHRISDODGERS
10-06-2012, 02:50 AM
oh god

Texas Holders
10-06-2012, 03:05 AM
Why no mention about the blown call that gave the Braves two runs?

giantspwn
10-06-2012, 03:14 AM
Great Question.

Yes, Atlanta is currently in the process of suing the Major League Umpires Association for damages. The whole crew will be fired immediately and forced to attend a public stoning where Braves fans and players can take turns beating the **** out of them and their families. Not only are they considering stripping St. Louis of the win but taking draft picks the following year as well.

Hold your breath for updates..

beldugo
10-06-2012, 03:14 AM

It wasn't a blown call, the timeout was called BEFORE the swing of Ross, not the same thing happen on that "infield fly" when the umpire called it AFTER the SS lost the ball.

Texas Holders
10-06-2012, 03:20 AM
It wasn't a blown call, the timeout was called BEFORE the swing of Ross, not the same thing happen on that "infield fly" when the umpire called it AFTER the SS lost the ball.

Actually, the blown call was granting time. It was too late to grant time in that situation.

Texas Holders
10-06-2012, 03:24 AM
From the official rules:

Umpires will not call “Time” at the request of the batter or any member of his team once the pitcher has started his windup or has come to a set position even though the batter claims “dust in his eyes,” “steamed glasses,” “didn’t get the sign” or for any other cause.

natepro
10-06-2012, 03:40 AM
Well, at least Braves fans are not growing more and more ridiculous.

metswon69
10-06-2012, 04:53 AM

:laugh2:

Atl Bill
10-06-2012, 06:49 AM
i don't think any of u answered the question.... baseball has the worst legacy for cheaters. i don't doubt it.

MetsFanatic19
10-06-2012, 09:28 AM
i don't think any of u answered the question.... baseball has the worst legacy for cheaters. i don't doubt it.

The answer is no, and it is a ridiculous thought. It was a bad call, plain and simple.

NYKnicksAllDay
10-06-2012, 10:29 AM

Please don't lump us all into the group based on a few idiots. I think most of us realize that call is not what lost us the game. It was the 3 errors, Simmons' bunt, & leaving 12 men on base. What upset me about that infield fly call (and I assume most other fans too) was that it destroyed a huge opportunity to get back into the game. Yeah we had runners on in the 9th and could've scored then, but it was just a very frustrating situation. Couple that with the fact it was a one game playoff it makes it even worse.

salto
10-06-2012, 01:22 PM
Please don't lump us all into the group based on a few idiots. I think most of us realize that call is not what lost us the game. It was the 3 errors, Simmons' bunt, & leaving 12 men on base. What upset me about that infield fly call (and I assume most other fans too) was that it destroyed a huge opportunity to get back into the game. Yeah we had runners on in the 9th and could've scored then, but it was just a very frustrating situation. Couple that with the fact it was a one game playoff it makes it even worse.

Well said and is consistent with the posts on the Braves forum. I've been lurking there a little.

It seems many of the disparaging comments have come from some Yankee fans. Maybe their a little nervous knowing that the Cardinals may be coming for them. LOL.

TheVicster
10-06-2012, 05:20 PM
Obviously my tag says it all, but i am curious to how the mlb does this... baseball is full of cheaters. Also, does anyone of any information, about fans suing the mlb overstuff like this? Or does a city sue for damages and loss of income? Cuz this call just doesn't ruin a season, but hurts atlanta economically as well too.

Would you like a tissue ?

hugepatsfan
10-06-2012, 05:29 PM
The OP doesn't come off as too intelligent in this one.

JoeDirt05
10-06-2012, 05:30 PM
Haha wow I should sue the OP for being stupid

rocket
10-06-2012, 05:37 PM
Can I throw a bottle at you?

Nomar
10-06-2012, 06:00 PM
Good question Rain Man.. lol jk but this is a reach. There's no way these guys were betting on the game and i can almost guarantee they are screened after what happened in the NBA.

RevHokALugie
10-06-2012, 06:13 PM
These umpires = modern shoeless joe jackson

Max Power
10-06-2012, 06:24 PM
The umps aren't screwing over a particular team on purpose, they're just very bad at what they do. And that's the real issue.

Yankees90.
10-06-2012, 06:39 PM
It was a BS call.

But did it ever occur to anyone, that maybe, just maybe, the umpires brain farted? Think about it...this is a guy who every other day is either at first or third, and I would assume that every now and than, makes an infield fly ruling. He was up the left field line, and seeing the SS originally going for the ball may have possibly triggered something in his brain to where he thought he was at 3B. How about that for a fresh idea? Eh, either way, it was a bad call and there is nothing you can do about it.

redbird89
10-06-2012, 08:01 PM

Most people seem to want to ignore that call, I guess because it was earlier in the game, it wasn't as dramatic, and it hurt us, not the Braves. People were rooting for Chipper.

As someone pointed out earlier, timeout should have been called before Lohse started his windup. So that was a blown call in itself. Umpires probably grant time late fairly often, so people don't notice as much. It was also earlier in the game so probably fewer people were watching.