PDA

View Full Version : Grant Hill: HOF?

JasonJohnHorn
10-05-2012, 07:54 PM
Simple question.... do you think Grant Hill will get into the HOF? I realize he's still playing, and may very well win a title this year (I do think the Clippers have the potential to do that), but let us be realistic and say he retires without a ring. He had an amazing college career. He won BACK-TO-BACK national titles (Ralph Sampson never pulled that off, and he's in the GOF based largely on his college career) and lead Duke to the finals in 94, even though Laettner and Hurly were both in the NBA by that time. Hill became the first player in ACC history to collect more than 1,900 points, 700 rebounds, 400 assists, 200 steals and 100 blocked shots and was ACC player of the year and is 1 of only 8 players to have their number retired at Duke. He had an AMAZING NBA career until he signed with Orlando, winning rookie of the year, multiple All-Star games appearances, one of very few players to lead his team in scoring, assists and rebounds as a member of the Pistons, and though a series of injuries ruined a promising career, he's come back to prove himself a quality role player in his old age.

So what do you think? HOF?

Please ignore the "GOF" typo in the poll questions... obviously supposed to be HOF. lol

Quinnsanity
10-05-2012, 07:59 PM
Yes, remember that it's the BASKETBALL hall of fame, not the NBA hall of fame, he had a very distinguished college career and an Olympic gold medal. That puts him over the top.

KB-Pau-DH2012
10-05-2012, 08:04 PM
Yes, but not first ballot.

LakersMaster24
10-05-2012, 08:09 PM
Accidently pressed no. :(

tredigs
10-05-2012, 08:09 PM
All the All NBA teams and college greatness early in his career are a great start, but the clincher for voters on what would be a close vote is the fact that he's considered as great a teammate as there is. He's won at least 3 sporstmanship awards by the NBA and I think received a humanitarian award by the Hall itself this year.

They're dying to induct a player like Grant.

sunnydayin'zona
10-05-2012, 08:14 PM
All the All NBA teams and college greatness early in his career are a great start, but the clincher for voters on what would be a close vote is the fact that he's considered as great a teammate as there is. He's won at least 3 sporstmanship awards by the NBA and I think received a humanitarian award by the Hall itself this year.

They're dying to induct a player like Grant.

Exactly this.

Also, unrelated, I hope Nash and Hill return to Phoenix as assistant coaches when they retire.

JordansBulls
10-05-2012, 10:06 PM
Yes of course. He was a 7x allstar in the NBA which means a great career and then add his college resume and it is a no brainer.