PDA

View Full Version : Analyzing the Managerial Situation

rockbottom2010
10-05-2012, 01:25 PM
Predictions
Blue Jays - John Farrell and AA are not getting and there could be dealing happening with the Red Sox within a week or so
New Manager - Torey Luvullo or Manny Acta

Boston Red Sox - this was no surprise that Bobby V was going to get the boot.
New Manager - John Farrell or DeMarlo Hale or Jason Varitek
http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/red-sox/post/_/id/23257/potential-candidates-to-replace-bobby-v

Detroit Tigers - Jim Leyland is in his final year of his contract. Hes been around the league practically forever. If they don't make it to the World Series, I think he's done.
Possible New Manager - Terry Francona or Jose Oquendo

Texas Rangers - this is an interesting situation, Ron Washington is at the point where his team were at the top of the AL 2 years in a row and downgraded to playing an extra wild card spot vs the O's...His job is on the line
Possible New Manager - Mike Maddux or Dave Martinez

Miami Marlins - This has been a turmoil year for the Marlins and it looks like Ozzie Guillen is going to get fired right after the World Series
New Manager : Joey Cora or Dave Martinez

Cleveland Indians - with 6 games left in the season, manny acta was fired by the indians organization. At the moment, Sandy Alomar Jr. is the Interim manager.
New Manager : Terry Francona or Sandy Alomar Jr.

Pittsburgh Pirates : The last time Pittsburgh made it to the playoffs was in 1992. That was their last winning season. I believe that Clint Hurdle is on the hot seat.

Colorado Rockies - the organization is not sure what the future holds for next season, and Jim Tracy isn't sure whether he will be back for 2013.

If you have anything to add, please feel free.

MetsFanatic19
10-05-2012, 02:39 PM
Clint Hurdle should be nowhere near the hot seat IMO.

FortDetroit
10-05-2012, 02:47 PM
Rumors going around that Leyland has decided to retire after this season is over because of health issues.

sexicano31
10-05-2012, 02:48 PM
Lol @ Washington being on the hot seat but not Charlie Manuel

NYYCowboys
10-05-2012, 03:06 PM
Lol @ Washington being on the hot seat but not Charlie Manuel

If he starts blowing lines again he could be gone. Same goes for Charlie M.

Nick O
10-05-2012, 03:55 PM
CLint Hurdle should be fine

rockbottom2010
10-06-2012, 03:31 AM
If he starts blowing lines again he could be gone. Same goes for Charlie M.

he didn't have utley, howard, halladay, and ruiz most of the season....thats pretty much their offense.....why would u put charlie manuel on the hot seat....he has ring w/ this team

rockbottom2010
10-06-2012, 02:13 PM
clint hurdle is on the hot seat is because this team was first most of the season....and look at the conclusion....nada...same ****

sexicano31
10-06-2012, 02:31 PM
he didn't have utley, howard, halladay, and ruiz most of the season....thats pretty much their offense.....why would u put charlie manuel on the hot seat....he has ring w/ this team

Because he's a horrible manager

Joemoes
10-06-2012, 04:33 PM
I love how Charlie talks after a game and to think this man is fluent in Japanese.

GNick
10-06-2012, 09:30 PM
Farrell may want to stay in Toronto. Boston has been the ineptness of baseball last 13 months and didn't treat his buddy Francona, with class and professionalism at the end. They are also rebuilding he may not want to be part of a long term program. Where the Jays have top farm system in baseball and are spending big this off season in free agency and on the trade market.

If he did what would the compensation be for Toronto? Both teams in same league this could be dangerous for Blue Jays as Farrell will know their players inside out by now. I imagine it be one of Bogaerts, Barnes or Bradley.

Not sure a trade like this has ever occurred before? I remember Randy Winn was traded for Lou Pinella one time. Who at the time was decent outfielder. With the way Boston has been clamouring over Farrell despite other top candidates available sounds like desperation on their part. For it is very unusual to push hard for manager under contract to another team?

bagwell368
10-06-2012, 09:41 PM
What a steaming sack...

C-ross12
10-06-2012, 09:50 PM
Farrell may want to stay in Toronto. Boston has been the ineptness of baseball last 13 months and didn't treat his buddy Francona, with class and professionalism at the end. They are also rebuilding he may not want to be part of a long term program. Where the Jays have top farm system in baseball and are spending big this off season in free agency and on the trade market.

If he did what would the compensation be for Toronto? Both teams in same league this could be dangerous for Blue Jays as Farrell will know their players inside out by now. I imagine it be one of Bogaerts, Barnes or Bradley.

Not sure a trade like this has ever occurred before? I remember Randy Winn was traded for Lou Pinella one time. Who at the time was decent outfielder. With the way Boston has been clamouring over Farrell despite other top candidates available sounds like desperation on their part. For it is very unusual to push hard for manager under contract to another team?

lol oh man. You're not getting a prospect of that sort back. Think pen arm. I would think Jose Iglesias would fit real well here. Maybe Daniel Bard too. Highly doubt you get Bogaerts, Barnes or Bradley. I doubt you'd even pry a piece like Swihart or Cecchini either.

As a Cubs fan after the Theo mess, this is probably going to be fun to read :D

Stress
10-06-2012, 09:59 PM
Go Giants!!!

lol.
boston fans still mad because ray ray left.

i could care less about farrell. i hope he goes and toronto hires acta.

Pfeifer
10-06-2012, 10:01 PM
I want them to make Butterfield manager.

B2theRY
10-06-2012, 10:06 PM
Sandy Alomar

rockbottom2010
10-06-2012, 10:11 PM
Because he's a horrible manager

remember in 2008...he only had hamels as his ace...

sexicano31
10-06-2012, 10:14 PM
remember in 2008...he only had hamels as his ace...

Ok? Whats your point? That he willed Brett Myers into having a 10 pitch at bat against CC Sabathia and then getting a walk? Is that what you're saying?

j-bay
10-06-2012, 10:16 PM

He may like toronto. However he has made it no secret he loves Boston.

gaughan333
10-06-2012, 10:17 PM
Barnes for a manager huh?

grandsalami
10-06-2012, 10:36 PM
you really think you will get Bogarts?

get the **** out of here with that

Bo Sox Fan
10-06-2012, 11:34 PM
Toronto has used the excuse of "rebuilding" for the last 20 years yet, has never found a way to get over the hump and actually make the playoffs (since 1993)

So how can any Jays fan convincingly say there farm system is legit, and the best in the Major Leagues right now when we've all seen this movie before, failing on a 3 year plan than starting over, failing on a 3 year plan than start over... and repeat and repeat for the last 20 years.

Huh, whatever.

grandsalami
10-06-2012, 11:40 PM
Oh and we had a similar thread a month or so ago... turned ugly

jakedajewler
10-06-2012, 11:44 PM
T.O should not let him go to boston unless the return is very good, why help out a division rival

rockbottom2010
10-07-2012, 12:54 PM
Ok? Whats your point? That he willed Brett Myers into having a 10 pitch at bat against CC Sabathia and then getting a walk? Is that what you're saying?

ruben amaro jr is not going to fire him....if he did...he would have been gone a long time ago

rockbottom2010
10-07-2012, 12:56 PM
Toronto has used the excuse of "rebuilding" for the last 20 years yet, has never found a way to get over the hump and actually make the playoffs (since 1993)

So how can any Jays fan convincingly say there farm system is legit, and the best in the Major Leagues right now when we've all seen this movie before, failing on a 3 year plan than starting over, failing on a 3 year plan than start over... and repeat and repeat for the last 20 years.

Huh, whatever.

ask JP Riccardi...hes screwed up the jays farm system once upon a time...and AA recovered it....the end

sexicano31
10-07-2012, 01:17 PM
ruben amaro jr is not going to fire him....if he did...he would have been gone a long time ago

Well theres another problem...RAJ is a horrible GM. He knows if he fired the manager and the team kept sucking then he would be next

rockbottom2010
10-08-2012, 02:10 AM
Well theres another problem...RAJ is a horrible GM. He knows if he fired the manager and the team kept sucking then he would be next

lol tell him that...he spends cash like no other day.....hes not up there in my list

rockbottom2010
10-08-2012, 10:20 AM
http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/8475417/colorado-rockies-manager-jim-tracy-resigns-record-losses

mgsports
10-09-2012, 11:14 AM
Bobby V. to Marlins?

StayOnBoard
10-09-2012, 12:33 PM

Huh, whatever.

Can't tell if your trolling but of course the Jays farm system is legit.... of course, it's only their farm, their on field team pretty much sucks (as a Boston fan Im sure you can appreciate that).

I don't want to turn this into another Jays/Red Sox thread but anyone who thinks Toronto is getting guys like Bogarts or Bradley for John Farrell, can you please put down the glue? Maybe remove it from your nose and throw it in the garbage? I don't know how many times it has to be drilled into people's heads, he's a ****ing manager, he will NOT net a top prospect, period. Stop talking nonsense, it's ridiculous.

jaysrocksox
10-09-2012, 07:33 PM
I think people know that. So, are the jays supposed to downgrade their demands just because it's a manager? Sox want this guy that badly, this is the price. If you think that's ridiculous and won't pay, then that's fine. We'll keep the guy.

rockbottom2010
10-11-2012, 09:40 AM
Demarlo Hale will be managing next season for sure

homie564
10-11-2012, 01:20 PM
I'm fairly certain the Red Sox would even rather sign Varitek to a 1 year contract and just get Farrell when his contract expires next season than pay Bogaerts, Bradley, or Barnes for Farrell.. Blue Jays don't have much leverage, the Red Sox have plenty of stop-gap options.

StayOnBoard
10-11-2012, 01:40 PM
I'm fairly certain the Red Sox would even rather sign Varitek to a 1 year contract and just get Farrell when his contract expires next season than pay Bogaerts, Bradley, or Barnes for Farrell.. Blue Jays don't have much leverage, the Red Sox have plenty of stop-gap options.

Which worked out AWESOME with their one year stop gap of Bobby Valentine....

Unfortunately real world is very different from the fantasy world. Teams don't throw away a season because they want a manager a year or two away. You know the last manager (apart from BV) who only lasted one year in Boston? Go look it up....

That said, of course they're not going to part with Bogaerts/Bradley or Barnes, that's laughable and the Jays would be downright stupid to ask for such compensation if they have any serious interest in dealing with Boston on this matter.

Farsight
10-11-2012, 03:09 PM

Unfortunately real world is very different from the fantasy world. Teams don't throw away a season because they want a manager a year or two away. You know the last manager (apart from BV) who only lasted one year in Boston? Go look it up....

That said, of course they're not going to part with Bogaerts/Bradley or Barnes, that's laughable and the Jays would be downright stupid to ask for such compensation if they have any serious interest in dealing with Boston on this matter. Well said, i completely agree

lol, please
10-11-2012, 05:56 PM
Does Dusty stay with the Reds? :confused:

homie564
10-13-2012, 03:23 PM

That said, of course they're not going to part with Bogaerts/Bradley or Barnes, that's laughable and the Jays would be downright stupid to ask for such compensation if they have any serious interest in dealing with Boston on this matter.

With the trade they made with the Dodgers, the red sox have essentially thrown away this upcoming season. They want to rebuild the team from within (at least that's what it seems) and the options within won't be ready until after this season at the earliest.

sox04rR
10-15-2012, 04:14 PM
it seems that everyone likes who the sox are interviewing. Am i the only one who does not think its a good list. Yes, it is better then last year but I dont think it is that good. I can't believe that sandy alomar jr has not been interviewed or dave martinez. thoughts?

10-15-2012, 04:27 PM
Should be in the Red Sox forum. Mod will probably move it for you.

rockbottom2010
10-15-2012, 05:24 PM
Does Dusty stay with the Reds? :confused:

this was bound to happen

Pinstripe pride
10-16-2012, 09:32 AM
washington, clint hurdle and leyland are not on the hot seat

Kenny Powders
10-16-2012, 10:17 AM

I read an article a week or so ago that the red sox offered the jays a deal where the sox would protect three prospects and the jays could pick one after that in deal for Farrell, but Beeston turned it down. Now not saying this is factual and I honestly don't remember where I read it, but I'd that were the case, what three would you protect? And why would Varitek accept a one year deal, probably knowing that the Sox would grab Farrell next year?