PDA

View Full Version : Howard to Shaq "Its time to move on"

nickdymez
10-04-2012, 08:29 PM
It’s Lakers GM Mitch Kupchak’s hope that one day, Dwight Howard’s No. 12 jersey will hang in the STAPLES Center rafters alongside those of Wilt Chamberlain, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar and, coming this year, Shaquille O’Neal.

While Abdul-Jabbar has reached out to Howard offering his assistance, O’Neal’s taken a different approach.

Last week on an NBA.com roundtable with fellow TNT analysts, Shaq essentially said that he’d choose Brook Lopez and Andrew Bynum over Howard, explaining that he prefers (what he considers) more typical back-to-the-basket centers.

Howard has been the All-NBA First Team selection in the pivot every year since 2008, but this isn’t the first time he’s taken criticism from O’Neal.

After Thursday’s practice — in which Howard looked very strong in 5-on-5-on-5 contact drills as he continues to progress from back surgery in April — Howard was asked by a reporter what he thought of Shaq’s recent comments.

Often times, athletes will choose to gloss over or make light of such a story, but give Howard credit for offering his opinion:

"I don’t really care what Shaq says. Shaq played the game … he’s done. He’s gone. It’s time to move on. He hated the fact that when he played, the older guys were talking about him and how he played, and now he’s doing the exact same thing. Just let it go. There’s no sense for him to be talking trash. He did his thing in the league, (he’s one) of the greatest to ever play the game. Just sit back and relax. Your time is up. I don’t really care. He can say whatever he wants … I have respect for him and what he did for basketball. That’s it. Like I said, he already did his thing. He played. When my time is up there’s going to be someone else who can do everything I can do and probably do it better. Instead of me talking about it, I’ll do my job to help him get where I’m at. That’s what guys who’ve done it before should do."

I love Shaq, but come on man

mvb815
10-04-2012, 08:30 PM
that is the most perfect thing dwight could say to shaq after that brolo comment

JNoel
10-04-2012, 08:34 PM
Shaq needs to stop with this little "Superman" game he's been playing with Dwight the past couple years. It's starting to get old, Shaq is looking desperate for attention nowadays.

3ballbomber
10-04-2012, 08:40 PM
Shaq needs to stop with this little "Superman" game he's been playing with Dwight the past couple years. It's starting to get old, Shaq is looking desperate for attention nowadays.
shq's been like this for years now. probably ever since he left LA his been such a bitter person towards many players, past teams mates and current players. I love Shaq coz i grew up watching the guy but his antic got tired real quick. Especially after he left Miami and started ring chasing every where, whilest talking smack about his past team and team mates. Shaq needs to just stfu, relax and enjoy his retirement abit more instead of stressing over people and saying negative comments.

JNoel
10-04-2012, 08:44 PM
shq's been like this for years now.probably ever since he left LA his been such a bitter person towards many players, past teams mates and current players. I love Shaq coz i grew up watching the guy but his antic got tired real quick. Especially after he left Miami and started ring chasing every where, whilest talking smack about his past team and team mates. Shaq needs to just stfu, relax and enjoy his retirement abit more instead of stressing over people and saying negative comments.

Shaq probably wanted to return to Miami when the big 3 came together, but the fact that he burns his bridges with every team like you said, no way in hell would Riley sign him after talking **** about the organization and players...

JNA17
10-04-2012, 08:45 PM
Shaq, your getting your jersey hanged with the Lakers, stop acting like a child already.

Punk
10-04-2012, 08:52 PM
Shaq is just a scared man over the fact, when he gets older, Howard could surpass his legacy and build a better brand considering Shaq's attempts at his own brand of shoes or clothes failed badly.

He needs to get over it.

3ballbomber
10-04-2012, 08:55 PM
Shaq probably wanted to return to Miami when the big 3 came together, but the fact that he burns his bridges with every team like you said, no way in hell would Riley sign him after talking **** about the organization and players...
that's speculation wether he wanted to return to Miami or not....either way Him & Riles had some verbal sparring w/ one another. I don't think Riley wld have taken him back regardless.

Cal827
10-04-2012, 08:59 PM
You guys think this is bad... wait until Dwight gets traded to Miami for Chris Bosh + Trash in the next few years lol

Honestly though, it would be freaking hilarious if he ends up on another team that shaq joined next

xxplayerxx23
Prime Shaq>>Dwight :p

Raph12
Shaq's just trying to stay relevant, I honestly think this whole feud was just a cry for attention... Shaq's been done since 2007.

StarvingKnick22
10-04-2012, 09:01 PM
They can take as much jabs at each other as they want, it really should be Kobe since he is the only one who will have played with both.

jmaest
10-04-2012, 09:01 PM
Shaq just hates that Howard stole his Superman persona. He's still taking that personal.

Having said that, Shaq does have some insight to what he's saying. Forget the score sheet for a second, if you watch them play Brooke Lopez is very polished and fundamentally sound offensively. He's a very good scoring center with good low post moves offensively and the ability to hit a mid-range jumper. One could argue that Howard simply doesn't have the same polish and finesse and simply scores more because he's a better rebounder so he gets more put backs and Howard's more athletic so he's able to move a little better.

I'm not sure I would ever say, or agree, that Lopez is better than Howard though. I think Shaq needs to get off his Howard-hate. BUT I do think Howard needs to give back the Superman thing. I mean, come on. It's not like we didn't all know that was Shaq's thing... :D

smith&wesson
10-04-2012, 09:09 PM
i dont know how shaq can pick lopez over howard and say he prefers a back to the rim big ?? is howard a finess big who takes long jumpers ? does he streatch the floor with his range ? the guy dominates the paint. i dont understand shaq's reasoning at all..

i love shaq. i think he was twice the C howard is. but at the same time he hates on howard and thats obvious to see.

KB-Pau-DH2012
10-04-2012, 09:20 PM
Every time Shaq opens his mouth, we get a better feel of how the Shaq-Kobe relationship was and who truly was the instigator and the one who "over-did it" in terms of escalating things to a point when it wasn't necessary.

Everyone bashes Kobe, but look at the guy he was putting up with for 8 yrs. Yes, he's a charitable and funny guy in the eyes of the public, but as a teammate, he is an instigator and would estrange anyone he didn't like or see eye to eye with.

This is the Shaquille O'Neal story. :pity:

B'sCeltsPatsSox
10-04-2012, 09:20 PM
Shaq is just a scared man over the fact, when he gets older, Howard could surpass his legacy and build a better brand considering Shaq's attempts at his own brand of shoes or clothes failed badly.

He needs to get over it.

No chance in hell Dwight gets even close to Shaq's legacy.

SteBO
10-04-2012, 09:21 PM
Shaq's comments were over the top ridiculous, and I think Dwight responded well to it. He let out what he truly wanted to let out, while also being respectful imo. Well played Dwight....

Ebbs
10-04-2012, 09:22 PM
He's right but I'm still no fan of Dwight

Randy West
10-04-2012, 09:39 PM
Someone's mad at Dwight because Dwight's pretty good I guess.

Shaquille wouldn't put so much time into this for nothing so what's he so scared of?

Is Dwight on pace to break some of Shaq's records or something?

Why the hate from Shaq you're done dude so get over it and yourself already.

DODGERS&LAKERS
10-04-2012, 09:48 PM
I love Shaq and appreciate what he did for the Laker's, but his antics for the past few years are petty. He has no reason to act so insecure. He is a far better player than Howard. He does not need to remind everyone all the time.

SA5195
10-05-2012, 01:06 AM
Great response by Dwight

J4KOP99
10-05-2012, 01:12 AM
As I said in the lakers forum, Dwight handled this like a man.

zB_#85
10-05-2012, 01:12 AM
Hate Shaq. He's such a hater and his act is super annoying.

ThuglifeJ
10-05-2012, 03:32 AM
what would the NBA be without drama? the more ive grown the more I've realized the NBA is just one big symbolic relationship. It's funny/true, you can learn so much from just how these players handle things. The way Shaq's acting is a cry for relevancy/attention is something you shouldn't do after a break up.

I wish I could watch NBA without taking in account all these types of things..like some of my friends can just watch the NBA and see the players as strictly players and what there doing physically on the court.

anyways..Dwight (a guy I dont really like and never did) handled this perfectly and gained my respect more. While Shaq (a dude I used to love when he was in the league) is annoying me more and more. Not what he's saying but the way hes trying to get attention and still wanting more from everyone.

I mean once you stop pushing you're done, true, but you're gonna drive yourself crazy if you keep searching for that feel after you're retired. Move on Shaq, it happens to every person in the world..you cant sustain that high of a level of fame forever...unless you're Jesus or Michael Jordan.

Claxton
10-05-2012, 03:45 AM
Shaq is a bum

kblo247
10-05-2012, 03:54 AM

The thing is that may be true, but if Shaq actually tried to take care of himself and not come to camp fat, not heal on company time, and not get into it with Hill, Penny, Horace, Nick, Eddie, Elden, Del, Kobe, Phil, Buss, Fisher, Fox, Horry, Malone, Riley, Wade, Chris Quinn for god sake, Nash, Amare, Mike Brown, Dantoni, Stan Van Gundy, and so on he would have been the best player to ever play the game.

Few will ever have a prime like Shaq, but they can have better careers and legacies. Kobe is proof of that, Dwight may very well be, and Tim has an argument. The thing is Shaq wasted his talent by being fat lazy and unmotivated at times sadly. Dwight can piss on Shaq like Kobe did by winning more rings than him and having the last laugh. He can also not become a journeyman like Shaq did and that alone would better his legacy

kblo247
10-05-2012, 03:56 AM
And as for the whole superman thing. I don't truly get it and never did. Shaq gave himself that nickname plus damn near 50 more just in his time in LA. He'll when he went to Florida he denounced that and made them out on a diesel power parade. It's just being pissy

If he had one like Black Mamba, Aur Jordan, King James, and the like it would make sense

basketfan4life
10-05-2012, 04:07 AM
For the first time in 2 years, Dwight is looking good in public because of Shaq. Dwight should be thankful to old fella.

2_Trill
10-05-2012, 04:14 AM
Dazaam! I guess he told shaquille where he can stick his opinion.

Sadds The Gr8
10-05-2012, 04:15 AM
They're both ****in morons.

cbs9889
10-05-2012, 05:21 AM
dont forget D12 is working with KAJ his game will get better

Jesse2272
10-05-2012, 05:26 AM
Shaq

the new Charles Barkley

Jesse2272
10-05-2012, 05:31 AM

In his prime Shaq would eat D12 for breakfast and S@#$ him out by lunch

ldawg
10-05-2012, 06:53 AM
If you are smart its very clear that the spat between Kobe and Shaq was because of Shaq. He seem now like he was Mad Kobe was taking some of his touches and Shine. He seem like a hater and very jealous person. I also think He was very hurt Lakers picked kobe over him and traded him. One thing that was very consistent with Shaq is He always seem to have beef with other stars on his team. Shaq need to grow up is he mad at the world he is no longer the middle of attention. I think Shaq is made people told him he had no skills and was just a big player who bold over people, was a lazy player who never reached his true potential.

Manimal
10-05-2012, 06:55 AM
Speaking of Chuck,

How long before Shaq ruins the greatest show on television because he can't handle being Chuck's sidekick. Let's face it, Barkley says some WTF things but the guy genuinely cares for Basketball and league. He doesn't demand attention, he just gets it.

Shaq on the other hand is an attention hungry, petty, still fighting stupid ego battles. The worst fit possible for Inside the NBA. It's only a matter of time before Shaq starts feuding with Chuck.

I called it first.

BALLER R
10-05-2012, 07:38 AM
How can you say Prime shaq over Dwight. When you don't know what a prime Howard might look like. Doesn't both players have to be in or past their time then you compare both their prime years.

xcrisisx
10-05-2012, 07:47 AM
Speaking of Chuck,

How long before Shaq ruins the greatest show on television because he can't handle being Chuck's sidekick. Let's face it, Barkley says some WTF things but the guy genuinely cares for Basketball and league. He doesn't demand attention, he just gets it.

Shaq on the other hand is an attention hungry, petty, still fighting stupid ego battles. The worst fit possible for Inside the NBA. It's only a matter of time before Shaq starts feuding with Chuck.

I called it first.

the ratings tell otherwise ;)

koreancabbage
10-05-2012, 08:49 AM
How can you say Prime shaq over Dwight. When you don't know what a prime Howard might look like. Doesn't both players have to be in or past their time then you compare both their prime years.

well he's 27 so he's about there realistically. he's at the top of his physical shape and this coming year should really define who he really is as a player.

as of right now, if Dwight is at his prime, Shaq > Dwight at their prime ages so far

Andrew32
10-05-2012, 08:53 AM
If you are smart its very clear that the spat between Kobe and Shaq was because of Shaq. He seem now like he was Mad Kobe was taking some of his touches and Shine. He seem like a hater and very jealous person. I also think He was very hurt Lakers picked kobe over him and traded him. One thing that was very consistent with Shaq is He always seem to have beef with other stars on his team. Shaq need to grow up is he mad at the world he is no longer the middle of attention. I think Shaq is made people told him he had no skills and was just a big player who bold over people, was a lazy player who never reached his true potential.
Shaq was one of the most beloved players in the league during his Young and Prime years.
He was an extrovert and extremely friendly and big hearted.
Everyone wanted to play on his team.

Shaq was nothing but supportive of Kobe through his first few years.
It wasn't until he started playing selfishly and not running the offense through him that he (and Phil Jackson) started to critize him.
Instead of responsing maturely Kobe basically just gave them both the bird and said "I'll do whatever the ******* I want" so please.

Shaq was beloved by 99% of his teammates/coaches and from 93-06 the only player he ever actually beefed with was Kobe Bryant.

Shaq + Penny
Shaq + Nash
Shaq + Bron
Shaq + Wade
Shaq + Celtic 3

All got along quite well.
Kobe was the exception not the rule.

Shaq hates Dwight because he stole superman.
It's childish I agree but its true.

Shaq has been nice to Kobe for years now.

Andrew32
10-05-2012, 09:03 AM
Few will ever have a prime like Shaq, but they can have better careers and legacies. Kobe is proof of that.

Shaq's career is light-years better then Kobe's in terms of performances + consistency + longevity etc...

Shaq has about 9+ years better then Kobe's best year.

In terms of Rings Shaq has 3 as the undisputed #1 engine while Kobe has 1.

Shaq is a Top 5 player All-Time and GOAT candidate.
Kobe is a Top 9-15 player All-Time and cannot get higher then 7 by time he retires.

#1.
Jordan : Post Season - PER
Peak : 32
Top 5 : 30.16
Top 7 : 29.61
Top 10 : 28.89
Top 13 : 28.6

------------------------------------------------------------

#2.
Shaq : Post Season - PER
Peak : 31
Top 5 : 30
Top 7 : 29.56
Top 10 : 28.52
Top 13 : 26.55
14th to 16th Season (Final 3 Seasons) - 18.33

------------------------------------------------------------

#15.
Kobe : Post Season - PER
Peak : 26.8
Top 5 : 24
Top 7 : 23
Top 10 : 22.98
Top 13 : 21.62

Shaq did not have a bad work ethic and other then 2003 he was never out of shape and even then he ended up having one of the best seasons of his career.

He consistently worked on and improved his game throughout the 90's and early 00's and stayed in great shape throughout the majority of his career.
-His Super-Star longevity is second to none and his Total longevity is second only to guys like Kareem.

You can keep bringing up irrelevant ***** that has nothing to do with what he actually did on the court in a pathetic attempt to put him down to push your Kobe is GOAT agenda but we all see right through you troll.

:mad: (rage off) :o

John Walls Era
10-05-2012, 09:06 AM
Shaq's mission accomplished. Nothing is more gratifying than getting a response from trolling.

xcrisisx
10-05-2012, 10:03 AM
Shaq was beloved by 99% of his teammates/coaches and from 93-06 the only player he ever actually beefed with was Kobe Bryant.
Shaq + Penny
Shaq + Nash
Shaq + Bron
Shaq + Wade
Shaq + Celtic 3

I think he also beefed with penny over salary.. penny wanted to earn the most and the gm didn't want to offer shaq the same money so he fled to la.
he also had issues with pat riley since the day he got there, so well before '06

Andrew32
10-05-2012, 10:12 AM
I think he also beefed with penny over salary.. penny wanted to earn the most and the gm didn't want to offer shaq the same money so he fled to la.
he also had issues with pat riley since the day he got there, so well before '06
Shaq and Penny never had any personal issues at all with eachother.
They got along quite well.

Penny was actually quite shocked and upset when he heard O'neal had signed with LAL.

Salary stuff might have had been part of why O'neal left but that had nothing to do with the personal relationship between O'neal and Penny.
They recently did a TV show together.

Shaq didn't have any issues with Riley in 05 and 06.
They were dancing and partying together like good buddy's after the 06 Chip.

Chronz
10-05-2012, 12:04 PM
Every time Shaq opens his mouth, we get a better feel of how the Shaq-Kobe relationship was and who truly was the instigator and the one who "over-did it" in terms of escalating things to a point when it wasn't necessary.

Everyone bashes Kobe, but look at the guy he was putting up with for 8 yrs. Yes, he's a charitable and funny guy in the eyes of the public, but as a teammate, he is an instigator and would estrange anyone he didn't like or see eye to eye with.

This post makes perfect sense

KB-Pau-DH2012
10-05-2012, 12:08 PM
This post makes perfect sense

Not sure if sarcastic but okay. :)

Bravo95
10-05-2012, 12:17 PM
Shaq was one of the most beloved players in the league during his Young and Prime years.
He was an extrovert and extremely friendly and big hearted.
Everyone wanted to play on his team.

Shaq was nothing but supportive of Kobe through his first few years.
It wasn't until he started playing selfishly and not running the offense through him that he (and Phil Jackson) started to critize him.
Instead of responsing maturely Kobe basically just gave them both the bird and said "I'll do whatever the ******* I want" so please.

Shaq + Penny
Shaq + Nash
Shaq + Bron
Shaq + Wade
Shaq + Celtic 3

Nah, Shaq just seems petty and jealous type. A lot of people probably felt like you because that's how he sold himself to the public and he had a lot of fans who wrote columns for a living. Bryant is/was not innocent in all that drama, but the things O'Neal has said/done in recent years show that a lot of people were fooled for a long time.

Chronz
10-05-2012, 12:21 PM
The thing is that may be true, but if Shaq actually tried to..................... yadda yadda yadda
Add him to the ENDLESS list of all time greats that could have been better if they had done more.

take care of himself and not come to camp fat, not heal on company time
Maybe, but if he thought only of himself the Lakers would have missed the playoffs by virtue of Shaq taking the route to fix his toe instead of taking the procedure that would have him on court in time to save their season. But yea it would have helped his career in spite of that 1 year blip IMO.

and not get into it with Hill, Penny, Horace, Nick, Eddie, Elden, Del, Kobe, Phil, Buss, Fisher, Fox, Horry, Malone, Riley, Wade, Chris Quinn for god sake, Nash, Amare, Mike Brown, Dantoni, Stan Van Gundy, and so on he would have been the best player to ever play the game.
I highly doubt him having any sort of interaction with the likes of Quinn would have done anything. I honestly dont know what picture your trying to paint but if your trying to make it seem like his teammates hated him then your not fooling anyone.

Few will ever have a prime like Shaq, but they can have better careers and legacies. Kobe is proof of that,
I dont see how hes proof of anything but so long as people admit who the better player was, I see no reason to keep them from enjoying whatever victory they get from thinking that.

Dwight may very well be, and Tim has an argument. The thing is Shaq wasted his talent by being fat lazy and unmotivated at times sadly. Dwight can piss on Shaq like Kobe did by winning more rings than him and having the last laugh. He can also not become a journeyman like Shaq did and that alone would better his legacy

Good luck to him, but it sounds impossible to beat the guy who has dominated your career to this point. I do think he has a better chance of winning more rings than Shaq than he has at having a greater career but both sound slim.

KB-Pau-DH2012
10-05-2012, 12:28 PM
It's a shame that a Laker legend like Shaq constantly bashes a now current Laker Dwight.

I honestly thought that Lakers should stick together. Shaq should really trying mentoring Dwight and not bashing him.

I never thought Shaq would get so worked up over this Superman moniker.

I really hope both of these guys patch it up when it comes to Shaq's jersey retirement ceremony on April 2nd.

JasonJohnHorn
10-05-2012, 12:30 PM
Firstly... I'm not a fan of what Shaq has been doing with Dwight. Not that I'm a fan of Dwight, but let us be real. Howard is the best center in the league. Had Shaq said: Brook Lopez and Andrew Bynum are better than Howard ON THE OFFENSIVE END, then I wouldn't have taken issue, but that is not what he said. He attacked Howard's 'back-to-the-basket' game, which to be frank, is the only part of the offense that Howard can actually handle. I've seen drastic improvement in Howard back-to-the-basket game. It is respectable at this point of his career. And Shaq chooses that to pick on? I mean, I think Brook Lopez is better than Howard on offence because he actually has range and can shoot the ball. It's not his back-to-the-basket game that makes him better than Howard.

So Shaq's observations were just totally off in my book, and fail to take into account Howard's defence and rebounding. I mean, look at Lopez's rebounding numbers over the last two seasons.

Howard is not as good as Shaq was, nor will he ever be. Perhaps he will be remembered as the better defender, and if that doesn't sit well with Shaq, then he should have focused more on defence during his career.

Anyways... Howard is right. Shaq is done. It's Howard's turn, and Shaq needs to move the fawk on.

I think the biggest thing that hurts for Shaq is that he never really had 'game'. He had size. Kareem had a game. When Bynum came in, and now Howard, Kareem has moves to show them. Now that Hakeem has been retired, he's getting a list of players every summer that want to work out with him so he can show them moves. Nobody is calling Shaq up to get lessons because all Shaq can say to them is: "You need to grow to 7'1 then get to 325 pounds and just back your @$$ up into the paint and nobody will be able to stop you because of your size." And that, will not be much of a lesson.

Shaq had amazing physical gifts, and yes, he did develop a good passing game, but let's face it, he never learned to face the basket and shoot a jumper, he never learned and cool foot-work moves and though he had a few seasons where he got a lot a of rebounds and a couple of seasons where he got a fair number of blocks, he was never the defence and rebounding presence that he could have been. He relied too heavily on his physical gifts, and now that his career is done, he's got nothing to contribute to the game. You can't teach younger players to be big. They either are, or they aren't. Kareem and Hakeem... these guys have things to offer the younger generation of players. Shaq just sounds bitter and ignorant at this point.

Shaq came in the league and average almost 14 boards a game as a rookie. After that season, he never again posted a rebounding number that high. Though he remained what I would call a dominant rebounder until the age of 28, he could have been so much more had he put the work in. I mean, look at Ben Wallace and Kevin Love.... neither of them had the physical gifts that Shaq had. Shaq should have been grabbing between 13-16 boards a game until he was approaching his mid 30's. Instead he started dropping off to 10 a game or so when he was still in his 20's and supposed to be in his prime. He NEVER lead the league in rebonding once! Not even once? I mean... come on... This guy should be going down on the all-time rebounding list behind Kareem and Malone, instead he's 14th on the list. I don't expect him to surpass guys like Chamberlain and Russell, but he should at least be in the top ten... instead he's just barely ahead of Buck Williams! Buck fawking Williams!

Seriously... when Howard retires He'll be top ten in all time rebounding barring injury.

Shaq is just bitter and ignorant.

SteBO
10-05-2012, 12:35 PM
It's a shame that a Laker legend like Shaq constantly bashes a now current Laker Dwight.

I honestly thought that Lakers should stick together. Shaq should really trying mentoring Dwight and not bashing him.

I really hope both of these guys patch it up when it comes to Shaq's jersey retirement ceremony on April 2nd.
Does it really shock you though? In 2006, Dwyane Wade was like his little brother, then he starts getting attention and Shaq gets bitter because of it. If the attention isn't on him, he won't be happy.

Likeable guy, but he still shows apparent flashes of childish behavior. His comments on Dwight are no different.

KB-Pau-DH2012
10-05-2012, 12:38 PM
Does it really shock you though? In 2006, Dwyane Wade was like his little brother, then he starts getting attention and Shaq gets bitter because of it. If the attention isn't on him, he won't be happy.

Likeable guy, but he still shows apparent flashes of childish behavior. His comments on Dwight are no different.

I know, I know, I'm just so emotionally torn. I mean, this is Shaq, the most dominant Laker of all-time. I loved what he did for the community and organization, I just wish he was less insecure of himself and more respectful of everyone else. :(

Maybe there will be a point in his life where he'll just simply "let things go".

Bravo95
10-05-2012, 12:41 PM
Their shared dislike of Shaq might bring Kobe and Dwight closer together, lol... which wouldn't be good news for the rest of the league.

AddiX
10-05-2012, 12:52 PM
Shaq is a TNT NBA analyst....

WTF does Dwight expect him to talk about? What a clown.

RaiderLakersA's
10-05-2012, 12:57 PM
I agree with Shaq in one respect: the only way that Dwight is going to live up to the mantle as a great Lakers center is to help raise some more championship banners in the rafters. I know championships don't mean much to some of the posters here in PSD, but to the players and the professionals that have passed through the NBA, it means everything.

KB-Pau-DH2012
10-05-2012, 12:58 PM

Shaq has been dissing Dwight since 2008, when Shaq was in PHX.

el hidalgo
10-05-2012, 01:00 PM
well have to see if dwight will be able to put up with kobe and his ego before we say he will be up there with the greats. kobe's ego gets the best of him, howard leaves after one year, thats it. you never know

JasonJohnHorn
10-05-2012, 01:04 PM

I think Dwight, like most people, expect Shaq, as a TNT analyst to show insight into the game and the players, and to use his experience to enhance that. By saying that Brook Lopez is better than Dwight, illustrates that he has no clue what is going on the floor and proves he is useless as an analyst. As I have said in previous posts, if Shaq had said that Lopez had a better offensive game, most people would have let that slide, but Shaq said he was better than Dwight, PERIOD! We all know that Lopez gets out-rebounding by PGs. We all know that Lopez doesn't show up on defence. And we all know that there is no player (and this includes LBJ) that is a better rebounder, or better defender than Dwight Horward, even if his offensive game is limited.

And, I mean, listen to what Shaq said. He said Dwight WASN'T a "back-to-the-basket player. The back-to-the-basket offensive game is the ONLY offensive game Dwight has, and it is, pretty good from where I'm looking (though it wasn't that great two seasons ago). If Shaq had said Lopez was better because he could face the basket and shoot jumpers, then Shaq would have been right, but even in the specivfic instance Shaq gave he was wrong.

An analyst? Shaq is clearly NOT cut out to be an analyst. He is the "colour" half of colour commentary. He has not commentary to offer. He's just a personality. And you know what, he's got personality, which is a good thing, because if he were getting paid for analysis and commentary, he'd get fired pretty quick.

I Rock Shaqs
10-05-2012, 01:12 PM

He needs to get over it.

His shoes did NOT FAIL!! People were rockin that **** like Jordans when they came out, just poor kids.

AddiX
10-05-2012, 01:24 PM
Dwight better get use to it, because it's just begun.

What does he expect? He played for Orlando, and now for the lakers, he's always goingnto be compared to shaq, and shaq being the trash talker he is, will trash talk him heavily over these years.

Lakers4life08
10-05-2012, 01:26 PM
Next Week 'basketball expert ' S.O'Neal: Marc Gasol is better that Howard,becouse his hair is very beatiful

KB-Pau-DH2012
10-05-2012, 01:28 PM
Next Week 'basketball expert ' S.O'Neal: Marc Gasol is better that Howard,becouse his hair is very beatiful

The Gasol brothers do have nice hair, can't really ignore that fact.

zB_#85
10-05-2012, 01:41 PM
Speaking of Chuck,

I called it first.

I see this happening too. Except he won't ruin the show, just get fired and it's going to be a huge blow to his ego. TNT gonna pick Chuck over Shaq same way Lakers picked Kobe over Shaq :)

mike44
10-05-2012, 01:51 PM
Dwight better get use to it, because it's just begun.

What does he expect? He played for Orlando, and now for the lakers, he's always goingnto be compared to shaq, and shaq being the trash talker he is, will trash talk him heavily over these years.

Its not an analysts job to trash talk a player because he stole his "superman" nickname. And this has nothing to do with him being on the Lakers now, Shaq has been trash talking Howard for years and he sounds like a pretty pathetic analyst saying Brook Lopez is better than Dwight Howard. So he calls himself Superman like you did, who cares get over it. Shaq has made Inside the NBA hard to watch, whenever Barkely disagrees with him Shaq gets all upset for some reason and brings up his rings and Barkelys lack of rings.

Gram
10-05-2012, 01:55 PM
Never a big fan a Shaq. :shrug:

dh144498
10-05-2012, 02:03 PM

this.

Andrew32
10-05-2012, 02:07 PM
Same way Lakers picked Kobe over Shaq :)

Shaq was offered a 2-3 year contract in 2004 paying him the same yearly salary as Miami who gave him the same contract but with an extra 1-2 years attached to it.

Shaq chose to leave because he felt disrespected and either way picking a young player over an old player just logically makes sense.

No GM on the planet or in the universe would pick rookie Kobe over rookie Shaq even if picking Kobe came with a box full of gold bars.

Andrew32
10-05-2012, 02:12 PM

Do you really think Shaq is being serious bashing Dwight?
He is just being goofy... he always has been.

It is only some people on the INTERNET who think he was doing this out of malice or to actually hurt Dwights feelings.

Shaq was on First Take alil bit ago and picked Dwight over Bynum.

He isn't being serious with this ish.
He is just having fun and fooling around.

Also Shaq was "messin" with Dwight long before he was a Laker.
Shaq has been saying only kind things about Kobe for many years now.

He has nothing against LA anymore.

KB-Pau-DH2012
10-05-2012, 02:14 PM
Do you really think Shaq is being serious bashing Dwight?
He is just being goofy... he always has been.

It is only some people on the INTERNET who think he was doing this out of malice or to actually hurt Dwights feelings.

Dwight was on First Take alil bit ago and picked Dwight over Bynum.

He isn't being serious with this ish.
He is just having fun and fooling around.

Also Shaq was "messin" with Dwight long before he was a Laker.
Shaq has been saying only kind things about Kobe for many years now.

He has nothing against LAL.

I understand that Shaq likes to bush buttons and is the big chief marketer. That's how he messed with Kobe's head for 8 yrs.

But after a while, it gets a little old.

In someways, yes, I do agree with you, Shaq may be doing this in a way to motivate Dwight. Sometimes, Shaq can have his bipolar days as well.

I just hope Shaq can down the line help Dwight, from one Laker great to a future Laker great.

LoveMeOrHateMe
10-05-2012, 02:37 PM

this is what i was about to post, i 100% agree

LoveMeOrHateMe
10-05-2012, 02:43 PM
Shaq's career is light-years better then Kobe's in terms of performances + consistency + longevity etc...

Shaq has about 9+ years better then Kobe's best year.

In terms of Rings Shaq has 3 as the undisputed #1 engine while Kobe has 1.

Shaq is a Top 5 player All-Time and GOAT candidate.
Kobe is a Top 9-15 player All-Time and cannot get higher then 7 by time he retires.

Shaq did not have a bad work ethic and other then 2003 he was never out of shape and even then he ended up having one of the best seasons of his career.

He consistently worked on and improved his game throughout the 90's and early 00's and stayed in great shape throughout the majority of his career.
-His Super-Star longevity is second to none and his Total longevity is second only to guys like Kareem.

You can keep bringing up irrelevant ***** that has nothing to do with what he actually did on the court in a pathetic attempt to put him down to push your Kobe is GOAT agenda but we all see right through you troll.

:mad: (rage off) :o

lol wtf? andrew32 at it again with his kobe agenda... what you just posted has nothing to do with this thread , smh kobe hater

LoveMeOrHateMe
10-05-2012, 02:47 PM
well have to see if dwight will be able to put up with kobe and his ego before we say he will be up there with the greats. kobe's ego gets the best of him, howard leaves after one year, thats it. you never know

lebron fans :facepalm:

Andrew32
10-05-2012, 03:00 PM
lol wtf? andrew32 at it again with his kobe agenda... what you just posted has nothing to do with this thread , smh kobe hater
It was in response to another poster.

Get off my nu*s there was zero point in quoting my post other then to be immature and complain for no reason.

this is what i was about to post, i 100% agree
Except that Shaq was beloved by 99.9% of the players and coaches he played with from 93-06 and Phil Jackson and the Laker veterans said that Kobe was the main instigator and problem.

Phil who had just been kicked from the team had no reason to support Shaq or put down Kobe which is why I fully believe what he said.

Shaq was extremely supportive of Kobe in the early 00's.
He praised him constantly and was nice to him.

Kobe was unwilling to accept his role and be a supporting player to a superior offensive anchor. He wanted to be like Mike and run the offense directly through him and not have to be defer to O'neal and keep the offense run through him.

When Shaq and Phil both criticized him and asked him to play correctly he basically gave them the finger and told them to fak off.
He was dealing with the rape trials and was an extremely angry man.
He let his arrogance get the better of him and he took on the "fu** the world mentality*.

All this despite Shaq being the veteran and the one who had been the main engine and primary reason behind their 3peat.

No offense but everyone knows Kobe is primarily to blame for their feud.
Shaq and Phil both take some of the blame for their own immaturity but trying to push revisionist history where "Shaq" is the bad guy based on him fooling around and saying something dumb to the media is silly.

:o

LoveMeOrHateMe
10-05-2012, 03:03 PM
It was in response to another poster.

Get off my nu*s there was zero point in quoting my post other then to be immature and complain for no reason.

Except that Shaq was beloved by 99.9% of the players and coaches he played with from 93-06 and Phil Jackson and the Laker veterans said that Kobe was the main instigiator and problem.

Phil who had just been kicked from the team had no reason to support Shaq or put down Kobe which is why I fully believe what he said.

Kobe was unwilling to accept his role and be a supporting player to a superior offensive anchor. He wanted to be like Mike and run the offense directly through him and not have to be defer to O'neal and keep the offense run through him.

All this despite Shaq being the veteran and the one who had been the main engine and primary reason behind their 3peat.

No offense but everyone knows Kobe is primarily to blame for their feud.
Shaq and Phil both take some of the blame for their own immaturity for trying to push revisionist history where "Shaq" is the bad guy based on him fooling around and saying something dumb to the media is silly.

hahaha wow you spit out the most bs out of anyone i know most of the things you say are false...

lol you're unbelivable believe whatever u want to believe but its pretty clear who started causig the problems in the kb-shaq fued...

Andrew32
10-05-2012, 03:05 PM
hahaha wow you spit out the most bs out of anyone i know most of the things you say are false...

lol you're unbelivable believe whatever u want to believe but its pretty clear who started causig the problems in the kb-shaq fued...
Knowledgeable posters who actually watched basketball in the early 00's do.
Kobe homers who started watching basketball in 06 don't.

Guess which group you're in. :o

Just be real dude.
We all know Kobe was the main reason behind the fued.
He didn't wanna be a supporting player even if it meant winning and when Shaq/Phil criticized him he cut them out mentally and destroyed all the chemistry they had up until then.

LoveMeOrHateMe
10-05-2012, 03:16 PM
Knowledgeable posters who actually watched basketball in the early 00's do.
Kobe homers who started watching basketball in 06 don't.

Guess which group you're in. :o

Just be real dude.
We all know Kobe was the main reason behind the fued.
He didn't wanna be a supporting player even if it meant winning and when Shaq/Phil criticized him he cut them out mentally and destroyed all the chemistry they had up until then.

lol your gonna tell me a real lakers fan when i started watching basketball? lol and no 99.9% of people didn't like shaq i always favored kobe most of the people i know also did as well, you can say what you want but you aren't a lakers fan you don't know me so stop talking your bs... and yeah keep thinking kobe was the main reason who gives a ****, but over the years it's been shaq talking **** and burning bridges with everyone take it for what it is but shaq is just a jealous punk, and no kobe didn't kill chemistry kobe openly stated that when it was game time he did what ever phil told him to do,if he gave him the green light he shot, if he told kobe to play team ball he played it, just go away don't argue with my lakers knowledge i know far more then you do about my lakers, you're welcome!;)

Vinylman
10-05-2012, 03:18 PM

Not me ... People really don't understand what the Lakers are doing by retiring his Jersey so early (ie before his HOF induction) ...

they are closing the door on the Shaq years as expeditiously as possible...

he has quickly become persona non grata in LA

Andrew32
10-05-2012, 03:22 PM
Just go away don't argue with my lakers knowledge i know far more then you do about my lakers, you're welcome!;)

I don't mind you supporting Kobe and like I say Shaq is far from perfect.
I feel his personality changed (and got worse) as he got old.

He is not the same fun loving free spirited guy he used to be.
I mean he still is that guy alot of the time but sometimes he shows traits of jealousy/insecurity which don't portray him in a good light.

I don't really care who was more responsible for the feud.
It was probably unavoidable and was partly due to bad luck.
If they had a better roster in 2003 they probably would have won even with an injured Kobe and then who knows where they go from there.

Anyway I respect Kobe and I don't diss him but if you diss Shaq with stuff that isn't true I will call you out because Shaq is my favorite player.

Andrew32
10-05-2012, 03:22 PM
Not me ... People really don't understand what the Lakers are doing by retiring his Jersey so early (ie before his HOF induction) ...

What do you mean by this? :confused:
Literally I don't understand.

Vinylman
10-05-2012, 03:25 PM
What do you mean by this? :confused:
Literally I don't understand.

This is the response i would expect from someone with Shaq's nuts on his chin...

LoveMeOrHateMe
10-05-2012, 03:29 PM
I don't mind you supporting Kobe and like I say Shaq is far from perfect.
I feel his personality changed (and got worse) as he got old.

He is not the same fun loving free spirited guy he used to be.
I mean he still is that guy alot of the time but sometimes he shows traits of jealousy/insecurity which don't portray him in a good light.

I don't really care who was more responsible for the feud.
It was probably unavoidable and was partly due to bad luck.
If they had a better roster in 2003 they probably would have won even with an injured Kobe and then who knows where they go from there.

Anyway I respect Kobe and I don't diss him but if you diss Shaq with stuff that isn't true I will call you out because Shaq is my favorite player.

i didn't even say anything about shaq, besides the fact that he's an immature dude... but whatever theres nothing to see here...

Vinylman
10-05-2012, 03:31 PM
You're an idiot. :facepalm:

I was not 100% sure what you meant but I guessed it had something to do with making Shaq look worse and propping up your Idol Kobe.
Why not speak in normal terms instead of trying to sound metabolical?
Lemme know if I was correct.

like i said.... your ignorance extends beyond basketball

keep the hits coming... they are entertaining :clap:

BigCityofDreams
10-05-2012, 03:31 PM
You're an idiot. :facepalm:

I was not 100% sure what you meant but I guessed it had something to do with making Shaq look worse and propping up your Idol Kobe.
Why not speak in normal terms instead of trying to sound metabolical?

Lemme know if I was correct.

What he's saying is the Lakers are closing the chapter on Shaq's era by retiring his jersey this early.

Andrew32
10-05-2012, 03:32 PM
:cry: :cry: :cry:

I hope you squeeze your fists in anger when they raise O'neals numbers to the rafters.
Nothin you can do to stop it buddy.

:D

Vampirate
10-05-2012, 03:32 PM
Dunno why Shaq seems off on Howard, I highly doubt Howard or any centre right now can top Shaq, everyone pretty much knows this.

KB-Pau-DH2012
10-05-2012, 03:33 PM

That's actually a good point. I never thought of it that way.

Andrew32
10-05-2012, 03:33 PM
What he's saying is the Lakers are closing the chapter on Shaq's era by retiring his jersey this early.

Shaq's era ended in 2004 didn't it? :eyebrow:
The Laker's future success will not be effected by Shaq's jersey hanging from the rafters.

BigCityofDreams
10-05-2012, 03:36 PM

SMH you really don't get where he's coming from do you. I don't necessarily agree with it because Shaq's image is larger than life and it won't be forgotten but I understand the point he's trying to make.

Vinylman
10-05-2012, 03:38 PM

I hope you squeeze your fists in anger when they raise O'neals numbers to the rafters.
Nothin you can do to stop it buddy.

:D

wow... the cluelessness continues :clap:

hope this post isn't to metabolical :laugh:

Chronz
10-05-2012, 03:38 PM

Hes RESPONDING to a post that brought up the subject, if you dont like it, then send your complaints to the OP.

Andrew32
10-05-2012, 03:39 PM
SMH you really don't get where he's coming from do you. I don't necessarily agree with it because Shaq's image is larger than life and it won't be forgotten but I understand the point he's trying to make.

Well I guess I really don't understand then.
:surrender:

If anyone is kind enough please explain it to me.

KB-Pau-DH2012
10-05-2012, 03:41 PM
The Laker's future success will not be effected by Shaq's jersey hanging from the rafters.

His era ended when he said that he'll heal on company time since he got injured on company time, and when he dunked the ball in preseason and yelled out to Jerry Buss in the stands in a pre-season game in Hawaii to "F'in pay me my money!"

That's when Shaquillle O'Neal sealed his fate with the Los Angeles Lakers.

Andrew32
10-05-2012, 03:43 PM
His era ended when he said that he'll heal on company time since he got injured on company time, and when he dunked the ball in preseason and yelled out to Jerry Buss in the stands in a pre-season game in Hawaii to "F'in pay me my money!"

That's when Shaquillle O'Neal sealed his fate with the Los Angeles Lakers.
Uhh... no.

Shaq missed 15 games in 2003 and had one of the best seasons of his entire career.

He was also the #2nd best player in the league in 2004 and if not for terrible play by his supporting cast probably would have won his 4th Title + FMVP.

Also the "pay me" thing is revisionist history that only Shaq haters push.
Buss himself said O'neal had said it in a joking manner and that he was not offended by it in the least.
So... if Buss himself was not bothered or offended by it why are you?

Also they did promise him an extension and he did just carry the franchise to a 3peat so... its hard not to blame him for complaining about it tbh.

Vinylman
10-05-2012, 03:45 PM

yeah... he is about as defensive as shaq is lately...

anyone who has an opinion contrary to his is a shaq hater or a kobe nuthugger...

I am neither...

Shaq was great for the Lakers when he played for them just like numerous other stars whose numbers have been retired... there were lots in the past and there will be many more in the future...

I really won't get anymore or less excited to see Shaq or Wilkes number get raised this year... both were great Lakers and HOF players... but both are the past...

the real issue is the Lakers have broken with tradition by retiring Shaq's before his HOF induction. I have my beliefs why they are doing it and have laid those out... It will become more obvious to others over time why they did it.

KB-Pau-DH2012
10-05-2012, 03:49 PM
Uhh... no.

Shaq missed 15 games in 2003 and had one of the best seasons of his entire career.

He was also the #2nd best player in the league in 2004 and if not for terrible play by his supporting cast probably would have won his 4th Title + FMVP.

Buss himself said O'neal had said it in a joking manner and that he was not offended by it in the least.

Also they did promise him an extension and he did just carry the franchise to a 3peat so... its hard not to blame him for complaining about it tbh.

You don't understand how much the "healing on company time" statement and act by Shaq dissolved a lot of trust and the relationship between Shaquille O'Neal and Dr. Jerry Buss and the entire perception of the Lakers FO and management on Shaq going forward as he aged.

Kobe led the Lakers to 2 titles, and he got the extension of 3 yrs 85M because the Lakers knew that he would earn every penny of that contract even though he was aging and declining. He'd earn every single cent by working hard, dedicating his hard work to the franchise, and not taking nights of or big stretches of the regular season, and being able to keep himself in tip-top shape after 17 yrs in the association.

Could Shaq make that argument? Nope!

Andrew32
10-05-2012, 03:51 PM
I really won't get anymore or less excited to see Shaq or Wilkes number get raised this year... both were great Lakers and HOF players... but both are the past...

the real issue is the Lakers have broken with tradition by retiring Shaq's before his HOF induction. I have my beliefs why they are doing it and have laid those out... It will become more obvious to others over time why they did it.
Shaq was the undisputed #1 guy behind 3 LAL titles.
Has any other Laker have done that?

Shaq also has the best 1, 3, 5 and 8 period stretch for a Laker All-Time.

He was far from just your average Laker.

If you can act maturely could you explain in more depth what you mean about the bolded?
I find that interesting.

Andrew32
10-05-2012, 03:54 PM
You don't understand how much the "healing on company time" statement and act by Shaq dissolved a lot of trust and the relationship between Shaquille O'Neal and Dr. Jerry Buss and the entire perception of the Lakers FO and management on Shaq going forward as he aged.

Kobe led the Lakers to 2 titles, and he got the extension of 3 yrs 85M because the Lakers knew that he would earn every penny of that contract even though he was aging and declining. He'd earn every single cent by working hard, dedicating his hard work to the franchise, and not taking nights of or big stretches of the regular season, and being able to keep himself in tip-top shape after 17 yrs in the association.

Could Shaq make that argument? Nope!
Shaq actually got the procedure done that allowed him to come back as quickly as possible.

His doctors wanted him to get a more intrusive procedure that would have been better for his long term health but that meant he would have been out for perhaps the entire season.

Shaq didn't dedicate himself to the franchise?
When he was busting his *** having some of the most dominant and greatest playoff performances / runs in league history from 00-03... he was just being lazy and coasting on natural talent...?

Shaq always played his hardest for LAL and was the primary force behind that early 00's 3peat and the resurrection of the franchise.
If you can so easily brush that aside thats fine but I don't.

:facepalm:

Also Kobe is one of the most overpaid players in the league currently and has been for the past 2-3 years or so based on his oncourt play.

BigCityofDreams
10-05-2012, 03:54 PM
yeah... he is about as defensive as shaq is lately...

anyone who has an opinion contrary to his is a shaq hater or a kobe nuthugger...

I am neither...

Shaq was great for the Lakers when he played for them just like numerous other stars whose numbers have been retired... there were lots in the past and there will be many more in the future...

Very well said :clap:

KB-Pau-DH2012
10-05-2012, 03:57 PM
Shaq actually got the procedure done that allowed him to come back as quickly as possible.

His doctors wanted him to get a more intrusive procedure that would have been better for his long term health but that meant he would have been out for perhaps the entire season.

Shaq didn't dedicate himself to the franchise?
When he was busting his *** having some of the most dominant and greatest playoff performances / runs in league history from 00-03... he was just being lazy and coasting on natural talent...?

:facepalm:

Also Kobe is one of the most overpaid players in the league currently and has been for the past 2-3 years or so based on his oncourt play.

Andrew32,

The fact is that Shaq relaxed after 3 championships. It's as simple as that.

And Phil the Zen Master even told Shaq to take that invasive procedure as it'll help extend his career and help him play at an elite level for more yrs, but Shaq the stubborn *** didn't heed the Zen Master's advice, and there ya go.

Of course I will never forget Shaq's 3 titles. I absolutely love him for that and giving us great moments. He will always to me be the most dominant Laker of all time.

But the most dedicated Laker of all time?

That award goes to either Magic, West or Kobe.

Gibby23
10-05-2012, 04:00 PM
Shaq was the undisputed #1 guy behind 3 LAL titles.
Has any other Laker have done that?

Shaq also has the best 1, 3, 5 and 8 period stretch for a Laker All-Time.
He was far from just your average Laker.

If you can act maturely could you explain in more depth what you mean about the bolded?
I find that interesting.

You going by stats? Magic came in as a rookie and won a ring, played Center in the NBA finals and dropped 42 points and 15 rebs. Magic won 5 NBA titles and had 3 Finals MVPs in a 8 year reriod. Then sin a 4 year period he won 3 regular season MVP's

Andrew32
10-05-2012, 04:04 PM
You going by stats? Magic came in as a rookie and won a ring, played Center in the NBA finals and dropped 42 points and 15 rebs. Magic won 5 NBA titles and had 3 Finals MVPs in a 8 year reriod. Then sin a 4 year period he won 3 regular season MVP's
Magic also had better supporting casts over his 8 year stint.

Shaq matches his 3 FMVP's and honestly I think I'd take 97-04 Shaq over any 8 year stretch from Magic's career.
In terms of MVP's we all know Shaq got shafted in 01 and 02 and arguably should have won in 98 also.

It isn't that far apart though and is debatable.
Magic was amazing and I have him ranked quite highly (and very close to Shaq) on my GOAT list.

Gibby23
10-05-2012, 04:17 PM

Shaq matches his 3 FMVP's and honestly I think I'd take 97-04 Shaq over any 8 year stretch from Magic's career.
In terms of MVP's we all know Shaq got shafted in 01 and 02 and arguably should have won in 98 also.It isn't that far apart though and is debatable.
Magic was amazing and I have him ranked quite highly (and very close to Shaq) on my GOAT list.

So you are bringing should of, could of, would of into this when you cant find stats to go your way?

Andrew32
10-05-2012, 05:09 PM
So you are bringing should of, could of, would of into this when you cant find stats to go your way?
No but "who was better" is just an opinion.

I don't put much weight on league given awards (especially those voted in by the media) because I think they are opinion pieces and are at times arguably given to the incorrect players.
Also MVP's can be effected by what era/years you played in, media perception and so many other things.

If you feel that Magic's 8 best years were better then Shaq's 8 best on the Lakers then thats cool.

I certainly don't think that is an unreasonable or unlogical opinion.

Magic was amazing.

LoveMeOrHateMe
10-05-2012, 05:40 PM
Uhh... no.

So Kobe had nothing to do with caring the team in the real finals aka te wcf lol ok...

LoveMeOrHateMe
10-05-2012, 05:45 PM
Uhh... no.

In terms of MVP's we all know Shaq got shafted in 01 and 02 and arguably should have won in 98 also.

It isn't that far apart though and is debatable.

I can also could've should've would've and say that Kobe deserved atleast 2-3 more mvp's that he was robbed of due to the fact that his team sucked... It goes both ways

Andrew32
10-05-2012, 05:51 PM
So Kobe had nothing to do with caring the team in the real finals aka te wcf lol ok...
Kobe was not better then Prime Pippen in 00 and 02.
He was a great player but he was still a supporting player.

Shaq was the primary reason behind those teams success and the engine of those teams.

Shaq was the wheels, Kobe was the hubcaps.
Shaq was the steering wheel, Kobe was the horn.
Shaq was the engine, Kobe was the shiny new paint job.

They don't win without Kobe but Shaq was still the primary reason those teams teamed so well.

They had an 80% winning % with Kobe out.
They had like an 45% winning % with Shaq out.

Playoff PER

A's (Main Star) :
Shaq (00-02) : 29
Jordan (91-93 + 96-98) : 28.53

B's (Side-Kicks) :
Kobe (00-02) : 21
Pippen (91-93 + 96-98) : 19.5

Aleksandar
10-05-2012, 09:03 PM
Nice response by Dwight

JordansBulls
10-05-2012, 10:09 PM
Not sure what Shaq has against Dwight, maybe it is because he stole his Superman title and following everything Shaq did.