PDA

View Full Version : Ask a Question; Answer a Question about 2012-13 NBA Season EDITION

Mile High Champ
10-04-2012, 02:29 PM
Well many of you know how this works. The poster answers the question the previous poster asked while than framing their own question for the poster to answer. Make the questions interesting and try and respond to them with at least some detail.

Here I go.

Can the Indiana Pacers challenge the Heat & Celtics for Eastern Conference title?

jkiddvc20
10-04-2012, 02:31 PM
No I think they may be able to get a top 4 seed but they just cannot match up with Miami. Will Jeremy Lin be successful in Houston?

ChiTownPacerFan
10-04-2012, 02:47 PM
He'll be okay, but nowhere near the hype.

Do more than 5 teams have a nonzero chance of winning the title this season?

seikou8
10-04-2012, 02:51 PM
He'll be okay, but nowhere near the hype.

Do more than 5 teams have a nonzero chance of winning the title this season?

no will knicks be a top 5 seed

P Harvy
10-04-2012, 02:53 PM
no will knicks be a top 5 seed

Yes, I think they'll be right around 4 or 5.

Will LeBron be the clear cut MVP again and not win it because the voters will want to give it to someone else? ie durant?

Chronz
10-04-2012, 02:56 PM
No I think they may be able to get a top 4 seed but they just cannot match up with Miami. Will Jeremy Lin be successful in Houston?

Ima go ahead and predict no, I want the kid to do well and I think he will be a serviceable player/bargain for his deal but Im just a non-believer on the on court product. Hype is too high, isolation/shooting numbers were unreal, and the system in place is meant for PnR players with better vision than I saw from him. I say he does good enough not to get the Rockets mocked, but a far cry from what we saw in NY.

My question is this, last year the Clippers were above average at 3 positions (PG, PF, C), with all the additions they've made, can the swing spots actually produce this year?
Basically, will either of our SG or SF positions be a strength?

LoveMeOrHateMe
10-04-2012, 03:20 PM

Didn't they take Miami to 6 games last year? I agree they won't beat them but they sure can compete against them

LoveMeOrHateMe
10-04-2012, 03:24 PM
Yes, I think they'll be right around 4 or 5.

Will LeBron be the clear cut MVP again and not win it because the voters will want to give it to someone else? ie durant?

No he won't be the clear cut MVP

Durant
Kobe
Dwight
Cp3
Will all be in the running it depends on team record IMO if the lakers dominate and finish with the best record either Kobe or Dwight will get the MVP most likely Dwight though because of his defensive impact
But if both Durant and Lebron finish with similar records and both have similar stats as last year I say they give it to Durant just for the fact that they won't want to give it to Lebron again( I do think lbj's production will drop) I think wade will have a bigger impact on the heat this year

Dade County
10-04-2012, 06:16 PM
No he won't be the clear cut MVP

Durant
Kobe
Dwight
Cp3
Will all be in the running it depends on team record IMO if the lakers dominate and finish with the best record either Kobe or Dwight will get the MVP most likely Dwight though because of his defensive impact
But if both Durant and Lebron finish with similar records and both have similar stats as last year I say they give it to Durant just for the fact that they won't want to give it to Lebron again( I do think lbj's production will drop) I think wade will have a bigger impact on the heat this year

ummm where is the question?

I do agree that Wade will have a big year for the HEAT.

Will the Nets make it past the 1st rd?

davids22
10-04-2012, 06:26 PM
Will the Nets make it past the 1st rd?

Yes

Who finishes with a better regular season record: Thunder or Lakers?

Raph12
10-04-2012, 06:36 PM
Yes

Who finishes with a better regular season record: Thunder or Lakers?

Lakers

Is Shaq being genuine on his opinion about Dwight or is he just being insecure?

LoveMeOrHateMe
10-04-2012, 06:49 PM
Shaq is being insecure, he's jealous IMO

Does Nash have a bigger impact on the lakers this year or will it be Howard?

LivinLakers
10-04-2012, 06:54 PM
Nash has a bigger impact because he has the ball in his hands more.

Will DRose come back this year and have an impact?

Raider0510
10-04-2012, 07:12 PM
I think Drose will start slow but he will finish strong as his old self will the warriors make the playofs

Baller1
10-04-2012, 07:22 PM
I think Drose will start slow but he will finish strong as his old self will the warriors make the playofs

No, too many good teams in the West. They have an outside shot of making it if Bogut and Curry stay healthy.

Do the Heat repeat?

LoveMeOrHateMe
10-04-2012, 07:30 PM
No, too many good teams in the West. They have an outside shot of making it if Bogut and Curry stay healthy.

Do the Heat repeat?

No lakers dethrone them in 6 :D

If the lakers win the championship who gets the MVP?

LoveMeOrHateMe
10-04-2012, 07:31 PM
Will the thunder make it to the finals again?

DubbyDubbs
10-04-2012, 07:32 PM

Do the Heat repeat?

Yes unfortunately. Assuming James Harden starts this year, who wins the 6th man of the year?

topdog
10-04-2012, 07:38 PM
Yes unfortunately. Assuming James Harden starts this year, who wins the 6th man of the year?

Jason Terry for a revived Boston.

Who will be the best new European arrival this year?

MrfadeawayJB
10-04-2012, 08:13 PM
Jason Terry for a revived Boston.

Who will be the best new European arrival this year?

jonas Valcuinias (sp?)

Who will win rookie of the year (other than davis)

1i1f4b
10-04-2012, 08:28 PM
jonas Valcuinias (sp?)

Who will win rookie of the year (other than davis)

MKG

Will Timberwolves make the playoffs this year?

JNA17
10-04-2012, 08:50 PM
MKG

Will Timberwolves make the playoffs this year?

Assuming healthy, yes.

Will Steve Nash get 12+ assists?

Cal827
10-04-2012, 09:05 PM
Assuming healthy, yes.

Will Steve Nash get 12+ assists?

No, Kobe and Gasol are underrated passers and will grab a bunch too.

Will New York win the Atlantic Division?

tr3ymill3r
10-04-2012, 09:13 PM
Who will be the first guy to receive a WARNING for Flopping and who will be the first guy who gets to 6 and gets suspended?

LoveMeOrHateMe
10-04-2012, 09:56 PM
Who will be the first guy to receive a WARNING for Flopping and who will be the first guy who gets to 6 and gets suspended?

Warning harden or wade suspension that ***** *** Blake griffin

What team will make a blockbuster trade?