PDA

View Full Version : Jerry Sloan observing Spurs camp

kdspurman
10-04-2012, 11:09 AM
He was not only there for their training camp session but also showed up at the live scrimmage last night which could potentially mean something a little more than just a courtesy visit. Not quite sure what exactly, but thought it was interesting.

http://jazzfanatical.wordpress.com/2012/10/03/jerry-sloan-attends-spurs-practice/

NYKGuY
10-04-2012, 11:21 AM
When the Knicks got rid of Mike D'Antoni, I was really hoping to get Jerry Sloan as I think he's an amazing coach (especially for PG's) and at the time we were in the whole Linsanity era. But that's not to say that I'm not happy about Woody being our coach because I think he's also a phenomenal coach who can handle the NY media, which a monster all in itself.

IndyRealist
10-04-2012, 12:35 PM
How many hall of fame coaches does one team need???

nickdymez
10-04-2012, 12:39 PM
My goodness if the Lakers had him.... I honestly think that if the Lakers dont win it all this year, Mike is gone and Sloan is our guy. His personality fits the Lakers to a t.

ewmania
10-04-2012, 12:55 PM
My goodness if the Lakers had him.... I honestly think that if the Lakers dont win it all this year, Mike is gone and Sloan is our guy. His personality fits the Lakers to a t.

yea he perfects the pick system... setting picks is where nash is best I think sloan would of finally won his ring because he wouldnt have to worry about jordan LOL

kdspurman
10-04-2012, 01:00 PM
I wonder (wishful thinking here btw) if Sloan would join as like a defensive coach since Pop has turned them into a more offensive machine. Defending P & R's were a big weakness and with as many P & R's as Sloan has had his teams run over his years he might have a better defensive philosophy.

Pure speculation, but it would be nice :)

TRF929
10-04-2012, 01:19 PM
He and Pop are good friends, it's not the first time he's been around the spurs

nickdymez
10-04-2012, 01:24 PM
yea he perfects the pick system... setting picks is where nash is best I think sloan would of finally won his ring because he wouldnt have to worry about jordan LOL

This. AND THERE IS NO ONE IN THE LEAGUE CLOSE TO JORDAN

smith&wesson
10-04-2012, 01:55 PM
Should be the lakers coach. brown doesnt deserve a ring. sloan does. LA can get him one.

NYKGuY
10-04-2012, 02:38 PM
This. AND THERE IS NO ONE IN THE LEAGUE CLOSE TO JORDAN

Marshon Brooks?

LOL kidding

JasonJohnHorn
10-04-2012, 02:47 PM
I was sad to see Sloan leave Utah... he's got nothing to prove though. He is one of the greatest coaches of all time. It would be nice to see him win a ring. I think Phil Jackson would be a better fit in LAL, but Sloan would be nice there. My only concern would be him clashing with Kobe. Sloan never really have an "ego" to deal with. Stockton was one of the most numble players in the history of the game and Malone was never a diva. I think Sloan would want to run the P&R with Nash and Gasol and I think that would take away a lot from Kobe and Dwight, and we all know that LAL's front office will do anything to keep Dwight and Kobe happy.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
10-04-2012, 03:00 PM
When the Knicks got rid of Mike D'Antoni, I was really hoping to get Jerry Sloan as I think he's an amazing coach (especially for PG's) and at the time we were in the whole Linsanity era. But that's not to say that I'm not happy about Woody being our coach because I think he's also a phenomenal coach who can handle the NY media, which a monster all in itself.

Sloan is a great coach. But wouldn't last a full practice with these Knicks. Look what Deron did to him... Imagine what JR Smith would do to him, and he's just the beging, I won't even mention anyone else. lol.

NYKGuY
10-04-2012, 04:44 PM
Sloan is a great coach. But wouldn't last a full practice with these Knicks. Look what Deron did to him... Imagine what JR Smith would do to him, and he's just the beging, I won't even mention anyone else. lol.

Yeah I completely agree. I just mean in terms of coaching he's like Popovich, an AMAZING Coach. But I know he wouldn't last in NY. Forget the players just the media alone would eat him alive. You need the right personality for New York or else everything will consume you and spit you out alive.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
10-04-2012, 04:49 PM
Yeah I completely agree. I just mean in terms of coaching he's like Popovich, an AMAZING Coach. But I know he wouldn't last in NY. Forget the players just the media alone would eat him alive. You need the right personality for New York or else everything will consume you and spit you out alive.

Exaclty!