PDA

View Full Version : Can you think of a bigger betrayal than Allen to Heat recently?

NYSpirit1
10-04-2012, 12:19 AM
I'm listening to Sportscenter now where they quoted Paul Pierce as saying he's decided to 'hate Ray Allen'. KG is already not on speaking terms with him.

The more you think about it, you have to say this is the biggest betrayal in years. I don't like the Heat and I really don't like the Celtics, but seeing Garnett & Pierce go solo without Allen is pretty weird. The fact that Allen decided to leave and go to their chief rival, who just knocked them off in 7, is a crime.

You don't spend 5 years and have the history with Garnett & Pierce only to screw them and go to the champion. I've read that Allen was upset about trade rumors, but wasn't it the Celtics who tried to trade Pierce too? Whose been there 13-14 years?

Like I said, I don't like the Celtics, but I don't respect what Allen did at all. As a Knick fan, I wanted to play the Celtics as a whole and now they are just 2/3rds.

The first game of the season is sure to be super heated.

P Harvy
10-04-2012, 12:31 AM
The bigger betrayal was Ainge shopping Allen and then signing Terry in the offseason... Who does that?

LongIslandIcedZ
10-04-2012, 12:32 AM
Johnny Damon signed with the Yankees

I know they had already won their WS so it wasnt a huge deal, but I still imagine it left a bitter taste in the mouth of some Sox fans.

Yanks All Day
10-04-2012, 12:35 AM
Allen didn't betray anyone. He was a free agent and chose to sign with the defending champions. The Celtics tried to get rid of Ray Allen first. I don't see how he was required to stay in Boston when they took the first parting shot.

PurpleJesus
10-04-2012, 12:36 AM
KG and Pierce are being *****es.

Gram
10-04-2012, 12:36 AM
The bigger betrayal was Ainge shopping Allen and then signing Terry in the offseason... Who does that?

Agreed.

Dade County
10-04-2012, 12:46 AM
as stated already...

ray ray was a free agent.

And I really don't care what the actress has to say.

Nyc4You
10-04-2012, 12:48 AM
Uhhhhhh. Lebron To Miami?

Dade County
10-04-2012, 12:48 AM
And why did Doc call it crossing over to the DARKside? Joining the HEAT shouldn't be looked at, as converting to the dark side.

The C's are the ones that drove Wade & Lbj to join forces to beat them....smh

Dade County
10-04-2012, 12:49 AM

Free agent

Nyc4You
10-04-2012, 12:51 AM
Free agent

So was Ray Allen. And Cleveland felt betrayed. He became the most hated man in Cleveland the day he signed with the Heat

Nyc4You
10-04-2012, 12:56 AM
As a Knicks Fan, Riley leaving and Joining the Heat.

Dade County
10-04-2012, 12:58 AM
So was Ray Allen. And Cleveland felt betrayed. He became the most hated man in Cleveland the day he signed with the Heat

No one never said that people don't have problems.

Fans does stand for fanatics.

justinnum1
10-04-2012, 12:58 AM

well said

Nyc4You
10-04-2012, 12:59 AM
No one never said that people don't have problems.

Fans does stand for fanatics.

Sooooo The players didn't feel betrayed? Mo Williams?

JLynn943
10-04-2012, 12:59 AM
Nash to the Lakers, easily.

celtics 34
10-04-2012, 01:00 AM

Please explain yourself

JLynn943
10-04-2012, 01:01 AM
Allen didn't betray anyone. He was a free agent and chose to sign with the defending champions. The Celtics tried to get rid of Ray Allen first. I don't see how he was required to stay in Boston when they took the first parting shot.

Yep.

PurpleJesus
10-04-2012, 01:02 AM
Please explain yourself

They have no reason to complain. They won a championship together, and now they are not speaking to a friend because he left via free agency.

akesh99
10-04-2012, 01:12 AM
The Celtics betrayed Allen, not the other way around. KG and Pierce are just sour cuz they know they have nothing on the Heat

Avenged
10-04-2012, 01:17 AM
Hah, betrayal? I guess.. I hope Ray lights them up.

John Walls Era
10-04-2012, 01:20 AM
boo hoo he went to a team that wanted him more.

P Harvy
10-04-2012, 01:33 AM
This whole thing is going to be that much more enjoyable when Ray ices a huge three in front of the Celtics bench.

justinnum1
10-04-2012, 01:37 AM
Hah, betrayal? I guess.. I hope Ray lights them up.

Ray gonna light everyone up. he was already getting open looks playing next to kg, pierce and rondo. now he plays next to wade, lebron, bosh, and another leite 3 pt shooter(rio, battier, miller..)

STL Don
10-04-2012, 01:41 AM
Pierce and KG are pretty much just acting childish. It's a business and for the most part, that's how players treat it when its to their own benefit. Ray Ray, KG, Pierce and even Rondo had something special going and really did help change the game of basketball in bringing the game to new standards.
Allen is in a great situation with Miami and essentially wants another title over anything else. I think Boston actually benefited from him leaving as well.
Once Avery Bradley returns, I think the Celtics will have a great backcourt.
With Rondo and newly acquired Courtney Lee who should be the starter, Terry is also a great piece to add to the bench along with 2nd year guard Avery Bradley who showed he's got some explosiveness in his step and definitely shows he has potential.
If Pierce can put together one more all star caliber season, they might have a chance........ I'd never completely bet against a Celtic team with a quickly rising Rajon Rondo and both HOF vets in Pierce and KG.

Ebbs
10-04-2012, 01:44 AM
Umm wow complete B.S. Allen was getting shelled by Boston and he'd had enough.

Giraffes Rule
10-04-2012, 01:52 AM
Wasn't Boston basically wanting to move on from Ray Allen anyways? Shopped him at the deadline, signed a player at his position to basically take his spot. Ray Allen has always been professional, and this is a business. Maybe there was more going on in the locker room that we don't know, but I don't see how Ray Allen did anything wrong. It's like when Dallas fans were pissed at Michael Finley for signing with the Spurs. Dallas didn't want him anymore, but he's not supposed to sign where he wants? That's baby man ****.

ink
10-04-2012, 02:00 AM
This thread is a waste of server space.

Underdogz∞
10-04-2012, 02:01 AM

Nailed it!

C-Style
10-04-2012, 02:07 AM
Ray Allen did not betray the team, he betrayed his teammates.

Sadds The Gr8
10-04-2012, 02:38 AM
he's a ****in snake.

Bravo95
10-04-2012, 02:42 AM
First one that came to mind was the Elton Brand-Baron Davis situation a few years ago.

DitchDat
10-04-2012, 02:43 AM
as stated already...

ray ray was a free agent.

And I really don't care what the actress has to say.

Why? LBJ is a bigger diva than Pierce.

btw the loss of Ray stings, but Jet and Lee are more dynamic SGs at this point.

Rosh
10-04-2012, 02:56 AM

:laugh2:

Duh.

torocan
10-04-2012, 04:08 AM

This.

Allen wanted another shot at a title, and Boston made pretty clear that he wasn't really wanted in Boston. Given how few viable contenders there are in any given year, the Heat was one of his best options at a title shot in his remaining play window.

If you're a Boston fan, of course it hurts to see a guy like Allen go to the competition but the Boston players and fans will eventually get over it.

The one to blame here is the Celtics FO... not Allen.

Stuckey#3
10-04-2012, 04:10 AM
He could have signed with any other team... Signing with Miami made it a betrayal. If he signed with the Clips... or the Pacers... or the even the ****ing Thunder it would not have been personal. He deserves all the negative attention that he is getting... and the sad part is is that he is probably loving it. Nobody would give a damn about him if he was playing for any other team.

At least he is in good company. The Heat has a roster full of media whores.

xcrisisx
10-04-2012, 04:15 AM
I'm listening to Sportscenter now where they quoted Paul Pierce as saying he's decided to 'hate Ray Allen'. KG is already not on speaking terms with him.

The more you think about it, you have to say this is the biggest betrayal in years. I don't like the Heat and I really don't like the Celtics, but seeing Garnett & Pierce go solo without Allen is pretty weird. The fact that Allen decided to leave and go to their chief rival, who just knocked them off in 7, is a crime.

You don't spend 5 years and have the history with Garnett & Pierce only to screw them and go to the champion. I've read that Allen was upset about trade rumors, but wasn't it the Celtics who tried to trade Pierce too? Whose been there 13-14 years?

Like I said, I don't like the Celtics, but I don't respect what Allen did at all. As a Knick fan, I wanted to play the Celtics as a whole and now they are just 2/3rds.

kg, pp, rondo = 3/3. not getting what you're trying to say:facepalm:
that guy who left is history

Aleksandar
10-04-2012, 07:30 AM
I think Celtics betrayed Ray Allen. They have never respected him enough.

He's a professional and have always put the team first, but I guess he just got tired of Rondo's "leadership".

JNoel
10-04-2012, 08:00 AM

Obvious bait thread. Some people here just don't understand FREE agency.

Andrew32
10-04-2012, 08:04 AM

/Thread

I hope Allen drops 10 three's on them when MIA & BOS go h2h.

Boston tried to shop Allen and Rivers let Rondo boss him around and didn't really give him much of a say in things for someone who was so valuable to the team.
I can understand why he wanted out.

Had they treated him better and not shopped him I am sure he would have stayed.

sixer04fan
10-04-2012, 08:12 AM

This

Vinny642
10-04-2012, 08:14 AM
Nash to LA
Lebron to Miami
as stated before

Gram
10-04-2012, 08:27 AM

I think most "Cavs" fans deserved it. Not the ones that have liked him for years, but the one's who just "happened" to like Cleveland when they were contenders. I know a guy who tried to tell me that in 2006 Cleveland was better than Detroit will ever be (Detroit went 64-18 that season) and now all of a sudden he hates LeBron. He was a Raptor fan before LeBron was around. :facepalm:

SteBO
10-04-2012, 08:36 AM
This should be the thread ender.

imbetterthanyou
10-04-2012, 08:36 AM
To the Knicks fan who keeps saying that Allen betrayed his team, he was a free agent and they signed Terry before him. You should look on your own roster, there's a superstar who held his team hostage for a year who basically said "trade me to the Knicks and take what they give you or youre getting nothing for me." You think the players on the Nuggets didn't feel betrayed while this was going on? Dwight Howard did the same thing. Those cases are both far worse than what Ray Allen did, or even what LeBron did. In fact, there was nothing wrong with what LeBron did other than making it an hour long TV special.

The goods
10-04-2012, 08:40 AM
Nash to the Lakers.

Barnes to the clippers. Lol

Babe Ruth to the Yankees? I can't remember which team he was on first the red sox or Yankees.

JNoel
10-04-2012, 08:47 AM
To the Knicks fan who keeps saying that Allen betrayed his team, he was a free agent and they signed Terry before him. You should look on your own roster, there's a superstar who held his team hostage for a year who basically said "trade me to the Knicks and take what they give you or youre getting nothing for me." You think the players on the Nuggets didn't feel betrayed while this was going on? Dwight Howard did the same thing. Those cases are both far worse than what Ray Allen did, or even what LeBron did. In fact, there was nothing wrong with what LeBron did other than making it an hour long TV special.

:clap::clap::clap:

Randy West
10-04-2012, 08:47 AM
The way the front office in Boston treated Ray Allen was the bigger betrayal.

KG and now PP are acting like huge vagina's over this whole situation.

I look at the three men involved and think who has been the most professional in their entire career and it isn't KG or PP.

Allen wins in this situation no matter how big of *****es KG and PP want to act about it.

uprightciti
10-04-2012, 08:50 AM
lebron to miami is big

but allen...what a **** sucker

ATX
10-04-2012, 09:06 AM

This all day.

ATX
10-04-2012, 09:07 AM
The way the front office in Boston treated Ray Allen was the bigger betrayal.

KG and now PP are acting like huge vagina's over this whole situation.

I look at the three men involved and think who has been the most professional in their entire career and it isn't KG or PP.

Allen wins in this situation no matter how big of *****es KG and PP want to act about it.

...And this.

Burkey3472
10-04-2012, 09:18 AM
Betrayal, give me a break. They tried to trade him at the trading deadline and they went out and signed his replacement, do people really expect him to go back when they were basically saying we don't need you. He went to a team that he feels has a better opportunity to win and a team where he feels he is going to have a much better chance of getting playing time.

Byronicle
10-04-2012, 09:23 AM
lol KG and Pierce are being drama queens

Byronicle
10-04-2012, 09:24 AM
what were they expecting Ray Allen to do after they signed Terry? To sign for minimum?

Jamiecballer
10-04-2012, 09:29 AM

yeah, a free agent changes teams and chooses a situation he feels is best for him. real criminal.

Daunter
10-04-2012, 09:29 AM
LeBron to Miami was far worse

Also with Nash its diferent there was not really a rivalry with the Lakers anymore,the Suns were'nt even making the Playoffs.But Nash played his heart of with the Suns playing with a bunch of scrubs and he never gave up on the Suns.

Also he got something in return for them and left on good terms.

heattiltheend94
10-04-2012, 09:30 AM
....dwight howard???

dodie53
10-04-2012, 09:32 AM
wah wah wah

Nycbball08
10-04-2012, 09:40 AM

lol... Thats good

Nycbball08
10-04-2012, 09:48 AM
He could have signed with any other team... Signing with Miami made it a betrayal. If he signed with the Clips... or the Pacers... or the even the ****ing Thunder it would not have been personal. He deserves all the negative attention that he is getting... and the sad part is is that he is probably loving it. Nobody would give a damn about him if he was playing for any other team.

At least he is in good company. The Heat has a roster full of media whores.

so if I work for Mercedes I can't quit and go work for BMW ..?:facepalm:

DoMeFavors
10-04-2012, 10:11 AM
HOW DID HE BETRAY THEM? THEY BETRAYED HIM!

They wanted to trade him and some players didnt appreciate him.

Imagine he resigned with Celtics and they traded him to Pistons or something that wouldnt be a great way to end his career.

Heatcheck
10-04-2012, 10:17 AM

he's not from cleveland hes from akron, and the only ones who say its the same thing are people from cleveland.

Heatcheck
10-04-2012, 10:18 AM

Imagine he resigned with Celtics and they traded him to Pistons or something that wouldnt be a great way to end his career.

thats the sad thing, they wouldve moved him for cap relief and he would have faded away in charlotte or some ****.

Cal827
10-04-2012, 10:19 AM
Are you kidding me?

LOL, they were trying to trade Allen for like a season and a half... Wasn't there a set Memphis deal last off-season. They are lucky Allen had some class, cause I would have flipped off the organization for treating him like crap towards the end. They signed Terry, why exactly should Allen be forced to sign with a bottom-dweller like Charlotte or Orlando when he's about to retire and is looking to win a ring.

Also, Dwight and Melo forced their way from their teams while still in a deal. I'll say that Melo did it in a bit classier way (you know, still playing hard while he was a Nugget, although he basically demanded a trade to the Knicks or Nets), but Dwight freaking insulted his teammates, opted-in, said he was extorted to do so, and if I'm not mistaken, threatened to hold out the minute he recovered from the back injury, which was miraculously healed once he was traded to LA.

Dwight's betrayal is on another level to anything else that you might feel is one.

I hope Allen lights them up, just for the llullz.

Heatcheck
10-04-2012, 10:20 AM
KGs hates ray?
watch your nuts when you take jumpers ray.

BklynKnicks3
10-04-2012, 10:20 AM
Sure easily Lecunt leavin to miami on his home city ray allen aint from boston they gave his starting job to bradley why not get a ring when u know ur window is closeing. I have a problem with player in their prime taking shortcuts not 35 year olds

DaBUU
10-04-2012, 10:23 AM
Jesus christ PP, you're a bunch of grown men and this is a job. Get over it and act like a man.

curtcocaine
10-04-2012, 10:35 AM
Nash to LA

TheNumber37
10-04-2012, 10:39 AM
in terms of sports rivalries, yes this was a betrayal. the heat formed to beat ray Allen and the Celtics and after they managed to beat them, he joins them.

bucketss
10-04-2012, 10:39 AM
Sure easily Lecunt leavin to miami on his home city ray allen aint from boston they gave his starting job to bradley why not get a ring when u know ur window is closeing. I have a problem with player in their prime taking shortcuts not 35 year olds

lebron isn't from Cleveland and actually hated Cleveland growing up

Agar81
10-04-2012, 10:41 AM
Please stop saying "free agency" as an excuse if you don't think it was betrayal. Free agency is just as much a part of the business as trade rumors. Most players are offered in trade rumors (ie Pierce, Kobe, Gasol, and many more) and nothing comes of it, as seen with Ray. You can't talk about free agency being a part of the business and then complain about how he was offered in trades.

HiphopRelated
10-04-2012, 11:08 AM
Please stop saying "free agency" as an excuse if you don't think it was betrayal. Free agency is just as much a part of the business as trade rumors. Most players are offered in trade rumors (ie Pierce, Kobe, Gasol, and many more) and nothing comes of it, as seen with Ray. You can't talk about free agency being a part of the business and then complain about how he was offered in trades.
Doc called him and told him he was traded for Mayo, that's not a rumor

Agar81
10-04-2012, 11:08 AM

The Boston Herald reported that Boston also has offered to include a no-trade clause in Allen's contract, something the Heat cannot offer.

http://espn.go.com/nba/truehoop/miamiheat/story/_/id/8136250/boston-celtics-miami-heat-ray-allen-feels-torn-sources-say

Heater4life
10-04-2012, 11:09 AM

Its all a matter of perspective. His old teammates have the right to feel the way they do, he signed with their biggest obstacle to win a championship. Of course they're mad at him.

Now that being said, Ray Allen was nearly traded! It broke down, but he was pulled into Doc's office and told he was traded. He was benched behind Bradley, Rondo issues being backed by Doc, and siging Terry BEFORE awaiting his decision.

If im Ray, who betrayed who? Thats Ray's big F U back at Boston. Many men in here would do the same. If you wouldnt you have no pride as a man. (for better or worse)

NYKGuY
10-04-2012, 11:18 AM
I'm tempted to throw in the Carmelo trade in this discussion. For the most part many of the players mentioned were Free Agents.

bagwell368
10-04-2012, 11:27 AM
Funny anyone is taking this stuff seriously. KG is a lot like the NFL's Ray Lewis amping everyone up on a brew of hating the enemy, sacrificing for the team, playing implacable defense and BS delivered in the voice of a ecstatic preacher.

I love KG, and I'm fine with the whole circle the wagons thing with Doc, Rondo, Pierce joining in is what they think they need (I see the Celts beating a lot of lame teams by 15+ this year BTW).

Ray Allen was an obvious candidate to trade (still shocked that they did not) or let to walk. He was not going to earn what the Celts slot for him was - not a chance. Stupid to keep him.

Anyone that thinks discussing dealing away a player you won a title with is somehow bogus, needs to mediate on the fact the NBA is a business and has been since no later then 1975.

ichitownclowni
10-04-2012, 11:45 AM
Free agent

Umm LeBron was too.......................

Pluvious
10-04-2012, 01:13 PM
Nash to LA

-The Suns didn't want Nash anymore. They were moving on and did not offer a contract. He wanted to stay as long as they were moving forward to improve the team.

-The rivalry with the Lakers had died down and the Suns were not a serious threat for the title anymore even with Nash.

-The Suns are not going to be a threat for a title Post Nash for years.

-The two sides agreed on a trade when Nash requested it. There were no hard feelings.

-Not one single player on the team or coach will have hard feelings over this (my opinion...but its pretty obvious). When the Suns play the Lakers there will be no tension.

Only baby Suns fans who just don't like the Lakers are not happy with Nash. No real logic to it in my opinion. Guys like Lebron, Carmelo, Dwight are playing games and could care less about the fans. Nash is just a grown man trying to do what is best in his life.

Raider0510
10-04-2012, 01:42 PM
What betrayal there was no betrayal on rays part or on lebron both were free agents and both made the choice that was best for them ray played his *** of for the five years he @as under contract with the celtics and those of you bringing up lebron stop beating a dead horse already if you want to blame anybody for lebron leaving blame your front office all he wanted was to be surrounded by better talent when the suns came to your front office giving stat away your front office said no hickson is our franchise player hes untuchable only to turn arround and ship him of to sacramento for caspi a few years later lebron signed one contract with you he gave you a chance to make the team better you didnt whats he supposed to do be the greatest player that would've never won a ring with you

Tha Truth
10-04-2012, 01:46 PM
This has nothing to do with betrayal. Yes Allen went to a rival, but it wasn't betrayal.

Byronicle
10-04-2012, 01:47 PM
-The Suns didn't want Nash anymore. They were moving on and did not offer a contract. He wanted to stay as long as they were moving forward to improve the team.

-The rivalry with the Lakers had died down and the Suns were not a serious threat for the title anymore even with Nash.

-The two sides agreed on a trade when Nash requested it. There were no hard feelings.

-Not one single player on the team or coach will have hard feelings over this (my opinion...but its pretty obvious). When the Suns play the Lakers there will be no tension.

Only baby Suns fans who just don't like the Lakers are not happy with Nash. No real logic to it in my opinion. Guys like Lebron, Carmelo, Dwight are playing games and could care less about the fans. Nash is just a grown man trying to do what is best in his life.

exactly. people just really hate the lakers/heat that whenever a player goes there, they are TRAITORS!

Raider0510
10-04-2012, 01:50 PM
Nash to LA

How exactly did he betray them he coulve signed a one year vets minimum for the oportunity to win a ring with kobe and dwith instead he got them two first round pics he didnt owe the suns or phoenix anything if anything that city and frinchise owed him for making them relevant when they wouldve been bottom feeders without him

JonnyBrav000
10-04-2012, 02:01 PM

Exactly, come on people need to hop off. Let Ray do him, his career is almost over, let him end it the way he wants to. Ainge admitted it was probably his fault Ray left, add him not getting along with Rondo and the C's not getting any younger and there you have it. KG said if he could do it all over again he would have left the Timberwolves sooner. I'm a Knicks fan and hate the Heat but I am rooting for Ray to play well, just not win it all of course. He started his career in Milwaukee, played in Seattle and only played 5 years with Beantown, this is hardly much of a betrayal for those C's fans who are acting like this is on the level of Lebron leaving Cleveland high and dry.

D-Leethal
10-04-2012, 02:07 PM
Mike Finley going to the Spurs was pretty big at the time.

naps
10-04-2012, 02:08 PM

Melo keeping the Nuggets hostage for months to force his way to NY was much bigger betrayal. Ray left as a free agent from Boston where he was being shopped for the entire year. No question of betrayal whatsoever.

JasonJohnHorn
10-04-2012, 02:11 PM
Bigger betrayal? there was this guy, I dunno if you've heard of him, his name is LeBron James, and he was from the Cleveland area, and got drafted by the Cavs, and promised them that he'd bring htem a title when he got drafted, and then he had a show where he was announcing where he was signing and on national television he said he was LEAVING the Cavs and going to Miami... there were a few people (I think in from Cleveland mostly) that thought that was a big betrayal.

seriously though... I just don't see the big deal in Allen going to Miami. I mean, the team was shopping him around at the trade deadline, and they had him coming off the bench, plus he wasn't getting along with Rondo. I mean... I dunno... what do you expect?

abe_froman
10-04-2012, 02:13 PM
you dont remember 2010? dwight,cp3,melo dramas?

ray wasnt wanted in boston anymore

SteBO
10-04-2012, 02:16 PM
So it's betrayal to play out your contract and leave a city you aren't even from for a better career situation? Mkay.

The short-sightedness of some people amazes me to no end.

BcEuAbRsS
10-04-2012, 02:18 PM
It seems like everybody was being a bit too sensative. Ray got made cause of the trade rumors. Celtics got mad because he left. Sounds like we have a cat fight on our hands here...

sep11ie
10-04-2012, 02:29 PM
So leaving a team that traded for you after you're already an established star in the league makes you a traitor?

hugepatsfan
10-04-2012, 02:44 PM
He didn't betray the Celtics' front office. He betrayed Pierce and KG though.

Da Knicks
10-04-2012, 02:51 PM

Wrong, how is it better to leave in free agency and screw your team from getting anything instead of asking your team to trade you and get some value. What Lebron did to cleveland was wrong and that is why i lost respect for him besides doing it on national t.v. He knew he was leaving and to what team and who else was going to join him, made a bunch of teams wait and gut the rosters for a zero chance at him. Pretty classless move and a ego feeding move imo.

Ray Allen is at the end of his career and had a chance with Boston to really make noise, choosing the biggest enemy to them is a slap in the face. kinda like your lil brother being friends with your worst enemy or vice versa, just a no no...

JC_
10-04-2012, 03:04 PM

This. They've always been that way though.

JC_
10-04-2012, 03:08 PM

I don't think anyone has a problem with Nash, it's just Nash going to the Lakers makes him harder to root for.

NoahH
10-04-2012, 03:12 PM
The Celtics were dicking him around and probably weren't even going to resign him so he's left with the choice of 29 teams. What would u expect? Him to say no I won't sign with Miami out of respect for the team that just ****ed me over all last year? No. Its just a stupid argument that people say Ray Allen betrayed the Celtics. The Celtics betrayed him.

SteBO
10-04-2012, 03:13 PM

Wrong, how is it better to leave in free agency and screw your team from getting anything instead of asking your team to trade you and get some value. What Lebron did to cleveland was wrong and that is why i lost respect for him besides doing it on national t.v. He knew he was leaving and to what team and who else was going to join him, made a bunch of teams wait and gut the rosters for a zero chance at him. Pretty classless move and a ego feeding move imo.

Ray Allen is at the end of his career and had a chance with Boston to really make noise, choosing the biggest enemy to them is a slap in the face. kinda like your lil brother being friends with your worst enemy or vice versa, just a no no...
Because its a career choice, the reward you get for honoring your contract for better or worse. Acting like a classless diva to go to where you want to go and proceed to make a dog and pony show out if it is as low as you can get. Sorry, LeBron and Allen were in the right for the most part, whether people want to accept it or not is irrelevant. It is what it is.

Slug3
10-04-2012, 03:27 PM

Really? But it was ok for Melo to hold Denver hostage unless he got his way? What about when he had a problem with D'Antoni and had him fired? Melo and Howard are what is wrong with these players and not Lebron. He may have left the Cavs hanging, but he was a free agent. Those 2 players not only got coaches fired at one point, just had to leave to get their way. You only think Melo is a saint because he is on the Knicks.

marj987
10-04-2012, 03:30 PM
Why are the Celtics so butt hurt?

TheIlladelph16
10-04-2012, 03:36 PM

I really hate this argument. There is no effing way that Lebron had this planned out step by step for years ahead of time like people suggested. He didn't make up his mind about the Heat and then proceed to egg every team on giving them false hope. If you honestly believe he didn't at least consider going to NY, Chicago, etc. and that he was purposely trying to screw the Cavs or any other team over your delusional. Discussing the possibility of playing together with your friends is not the same as a grand conspiracy to build a super team, but somehow that is what it has become equated to for some people. He considered his options and made what he thought was the best career decision for himself.

It honestly comes down to the fact that he did not choose your team, so therefore he must have been planning to screw them over. Get over yourself.

Jroz
10-04-2012, 03:46 PM
just show's KG and Pierce's true colors...bunch of tools. On a side note, I don't blame Allen going to the Heat at all, and don't blame The Heat for going out and getting him...this league isnt about playing nice.. they just won the championship and if they want a good chance of repeating, getting Allen was a good move, especially with things brewing in LA.

KB-Pau-DH2012
10-04-2012, 03:50 PM
The Decision? :shrug:

JNoel
10-04-2012, 03:53 PM
The Decision? :shrug:

1 more post...

njnets825
10-04-2012, 03:55 PM
Why can't ray leave when he is a free agent? Celtics were shopping him all year, he leaves for a better situation and he's the wrong one. Should he have went to a rebuilding team instead? KG said he doesn't have his # anymore. This is basketball, they been thru so much together on and off the court and KG says F you as a person bc you switched jerseys. He really has a screw loose

Dade County
10-04-2012, 03:57 PM
Why? LBJ is a bigger diva than Pierce.

btw the loss of Ray stings, but Jet and Lee are more dynamic SGs at this point.

You even knew I was talking about Pierce, just by using the word actress... I think that answers your own question.

I can't stand that ***** of a player ... I can't stand Ronda either but I can respect him a lot more.

And yes Lbj is Diva like, but please don't compare him to that ***** of an actress.

hugepatsfan
10-04-2012, 04:19 PM
You even knew I was talking about Pierce, just by using the word actress... I think that answers your own question.

I can't stand that ***** of a player ... I can't stand Ronda either but I can respect him a lot more.

And yes Lbj is Diva like, but please don't compare him to that ***** of an actress.

lol at calling out someone for exaggerating injuries and then defending Lebron. I remember his last year in CLE in the playoffs against BOS where he said in an interview that he wasn't going to use his elbow as an excuse for his poor play and then in the next sentence said it limits what he can do on the court. lolololol

hugepatsfan
10-04-2012, 04:20 PM
Why can't ray leave when he is a free agent? Celtics were shopping him all year, he leaves for a better situation and he's the wrong one. Should he have went to a rebuilding team instead? KG said he doesn't have his # anymore. This is basketball, they been thru so much together on and off the court and KG says F you as a person bc you switched jerseys. He really has a screw loose

Didn't Ray do the same thing to KG though in leaving? He said BOS's front office tried to trade me so F you KG I'm gonna play in MIA.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
10-04-2012, 04:34 PM
If getting Courtney Lee and Jason Terry means we have to give up Ray, I'd do that every single time. Terry alone is better fit with the Celtics at this point in their careers. Ray had trouble a lot last season trying to create his own shot while Terry still has that ability. Add in Courtney Lee and it makes it even sweeter.

Thanks for the championship Ray but hope the Celtics get the better end of you on the court!

Da Knicks
10-04-2012, 04:50 PM
Really? But it was ok for Melo to hold Denver hostage unless he got his way? What about when he had a problem with D'Antoni and had him fired? Melo and Howard are what is wrong with these players and not Lebron. He may have left the Cavs hanging, but he was a free agent. Those 2 players not only got coaches fired at one point, just had to leave to get their way. You only think Melo is a saint because he is on the Knicks.

You are not holding anybody hostage by giving your team or company a notice, you know like a two week notice. Some people leave without saying anything and guess what more often than not, will never get a second chance with that company. Melo did not get anyone fired by the way D'antoni quit, don't make stuff up brah. Is Melo a saint no not by any means but he too could of stayed quite and went to the knicks without warning the nuggets of his real intentions and left them with nothing.

Da Knicks
10-04-2012, 04:55 PM
I really hate this argument. There is no effing way that Lebron had this planned out step by step for years ahead of time like people suggested. He didn't make up his mind about the Heat and then proceed to egg every team on giving them false hope. If you honestly believe he didn't at least consider going to NY, Chicago, etc. and that he was purposely trying to screw the Cavs or any other team over your delusional. Discussing the possibility of playing together with your friends is not the same as a grand conspiracy to build a super team, but somehow that is what it has become equated to for some people. He considered his options and made what he thought was the best career decision for himself.

It honestly comes down to the fact that he did not choose your team, so therefore he must have been planning to screw them over. Get over yourself.

Im fine with him choosing the Heat but he could of being in trouble and would of looked like a bigger douche if he said anything about joining Wade and Bosh. I have no problem with him leaving and feel just fine with the team the knicks have without Lebron. He tore Clevelands heart on tv and then made a celebration after it. If you dont think it was planned then you sir are the delisional one and you need to get over yourself. Good day..:)

Da Knicks
10-04-2012, 04:58 PM
Didn't Ray do the same thing to KG though in leaving? He said BOS's front office tried to trade me so F you KG I'm gonna play in MIA.

Thats exactly what happened and Heat fans cant take it. I hate this, i dont want to defend the celtics because i actually hate Pierce and Kg but they are in there right to hate Allen for joining the enemy out of spite.

tapajafri
10-04-2012, 05:07 PM

Definitely agree on this one.

HesterJordan23
10-04-2012, 05:12 PM

i guess those bonds they created getting that championship in boston and all those moments they fought hard on the battlefield were nothing but buisness?

sweet shows who ray allen is as a person

Big Zo
10-04-2012, 05:15 PM
Howard *****ing and moaning his way to the Lakers?

--23--
10-04-2012, 05:17 PM
Lebron leaving Cleveland was pretty bad along with Pat Riley leaving the Knicks.

Randy West
10-04-2012, 09:28 PM
Thats exactly what happened and Heat fans cant take it. I hate this, i dont want to defend the celtics because i actually hate Pierce and Kg but they are in there right to hate Allen for joining the enemy out of spite.

You keep saying spite like Ray called you and told you.

Could it have actually been because Miami offers the best chance at another championship ring?

Randy West
10-04-2012, 09:33 PM
i guess those bonds they created getting that championship in boston and all those moments they fought hard on the battlefield were nothing but buisness?

sweet shows who ray allen is as a person

So Ray is the jerk here in you're eyes and Pierce and KG are the ones showing the maturity in the whole situation?

Is that really what you are getting out of this whole thing?

Do you not think for one second that if KG and Pierce we're on teams where management tried trading them and an opportunity to join Miami came up they wouldn't be gone in a heartbeat?

SteBO
10-04-2012, 09:36 PM
They can hate Ray Allen for leaving all they want to. Doesn't mean they still aren't going to look like whiny *****es who had their favorite toy stolen.

JordansBulls
10-05-2012, 10:18 PM
Nash to LA

Yeah that was pretty bad especially against someone you competed against yearly and in your same division.

C-Style
10-06-2012, 02:35 AM
Did Pierce or KG try to trade Ray? Ray has no dignity

C-Style
10-06-2012, 02:39 AM
Howard *****ing and moaning his way to the Nets?
Fixed

Chill_Will_24
10-06-2012, 02:50 AM
You are not holding anybody hostage by giving your team or company a notice, you know like a two week notice. Some people leave without saying anything and guess what more often than not, will never get a second chance with that company. Melo did not get anyone fired by the way D'antoni quit, don't make stuff up brah. Is Melo a saint no not by any means but he too could of stayed quite and went to the knicks without warning the nuggets of his real intentions and left them with nothing.

That is funny. Cuz Melo wasn't sending threats to the Knicks behind the scenes that he would sign with the Nets if they did not get serious right? :rolleyes: He wanted his money prior to the CBA and everyone knew it. Melo held the Nuggets hostage. You think the Knicks would still have traded all that if they knew they could sign Melo in the summer?

MetroMan
10-06-2012, 02:57 AM
Lebrons mom banging delonte west

N3TS
10-06-2012, 06:29 AM
I think Celtics betrayed Ray Allen. They have never respected him enough.

He's a professional and have always put the team first, but I guess he just got tired of Rondo's "leadership".

If he always put the team first he would have embraced his role of coming off the bench when he was in Boston this year. It was clear that he wasn't happy about coming off the bench and the celtics were more productive when he was.

sunnydayin'zona
10-06-2012, 08:04 AM
Are you kidding? F*ing Steve Nash to the Lakers.

KnicksorBust
10-06-2012, 09:36 AM

This new poster wrapped this thread up early for me. I don't really see this as a huge betrayal. I get why those involved in it feel the way, but if the Celtics were so willing to get rid of him, what's he supposed to do? Be their whipping boy? Go sign with a **** team so they don't get mad at him?

He did the right thing and went to the perfect team to prolong his career and keep him in the championship hunt.

JordansBulls
10-06-2012, 01:55 PM
Are you kidding? F*ing Steve Nash to the Lakers.

:clap: