PDA

View Full Version : Matt Barnes and wife arrest video, have heated exchange with cops.

spreadeagle
10-03-2012, 09:25 PM
at about 1:50 mark of video things start to get amped up

Video- http://www.tmz.com/2012/10/02/matt-barnes-arrest-manhattan-beach-police-history-video-gay-slur/

TMZ has obtained video of cops arresting L.A. Clippers star Matt Barnes in Manhattan Beach, CA ... and it's clear Barnes and the cop have beef with each other ... and at one point a very angry Barnes shouts a gay slur.

The incident occurred July 30, outside a restaurant where Barnes and his wife, "Basketball Wives"star Gloria Govan just had dinner. Officer David Gibbons was waiting for 2 hours for Barnes to exit the restaurant.

When Barnes emerged, Gibbons told him he was under arrest for an outstanding warrant -- driving on a suspended license. Barnes asked to see the warrant and Gibbons said he'll see it when he gets to jail. Barnes said if Gibbons didn't produce the warrant he was leaving.

Barnes started to walk and Gibbons ordered him to stop. Apparently Gibbons then grabbed Barnes, who said, "Touch me and see what happens."

Barnes called Gibbons a *****, Gibbons cuffed Barnes and in the process Barnes tried to give his wife the keys. Gibbons grabbed Barnes' arm and Barnes pulled away. That's when Gibbons placed Barnes under felony arrest for resisting an officer.

The two have a history. We've learned Gibbons stopped Barnes twice before -- on May 19 Gibbons impounded Barnes' car because he was driving on a suspended license. Barnes, whose ankle was injured, asked for a ride and Gibbons refused. Barnes angrily describes the incident on the tape of the July arrest.

As for the case -- the D.A. refused to file the felony resisting arrest charge. Barnes pled no contest to misdemeanor interfering with a cop and driving while not in possession of a license. Watch the video here.

GiantsSwaGG
10-03-2012, 09:28 PM
Clippers star? Am I missing something?

ewing
10-03-2012, 10:08 PM
What did Matt Barnes do to this guy?

spreadeagle
10-03-2012, 10:13 PM
I like at the end Matt is like "this dude made me walk home when I had a damn playoff game the next day!" haha cop must not be a Warriors fan cause he doesnt seem to like the Lakers or Clipps

P Harvy
10-03-2012, 10:15 PM
Cops just have it out for some people and it doesn't surprise me one bit at this altercation.. Not sure what Barnes did and that probably tell the story.. He probably didn't do anything lol but profiling in the country is off the charts. People act like its not that big of an issue but it no doubt is

Gram
10-03-2012, 11:15 PM
Matt Barnes.

heyman321
10-03-2012, 11:50 PM
It's cause he was black, but now they're making it about how he said "******".

tapajafri
10-04-2012, 01:20 AM
Barnes has always been an immature punk.

KB-Pau-DH2012
10-04-2012, 01:32 AM
I actually feel Barnes was the victim here. Some of these LA Cops are such crap. I mean, does the 93 LA riots with Rodney King ring a bell? LA Police has a reputation of such crap; most are racist pricks.

There are some really good ones, but unfortunately, not many of them.

ThunderousDemon
10-04-2012, 02:17 AM
I actually feel Barnes was the victim here. Some of these LA Cops are such crap. I mean, does the 93 LA riots with Rodney King ring a bell? LA Police has a reputation of such crap; most are racist pricks.

There are some really good ones, but unfortunately, not many of them.

You have a point there, some LAPD officers are pieces of ****.

Cracka2HI!
10-04-2012, 02:27 AM
In a related basketball note...I was at the Clippers open scrimmage today and Barnes was running with the 2nd team over Grant Hill.

douglas
10-04-2012, 02:37 AM
Matt Barnes seems to be mad a lot.

KB-Pau-DH2012
10-04-2012, 02:37 AM
In a related basketball note...I was at the Clippers open scrimmage today and Barnes was running with the 2nd team over Grant Hill.

Interesting. Maybe they're trying to save Grant fresh as possible?

Remember, he was a little injury-riddled last season in PHX. They may want to limit his minutes during the regular season and increase his minutes as the season goes and into the playoffs.

Cracka2HI!
10-04-2012, 02:40 AM
WOW!!! This tape is evidence of cops being *******s over Matt Barnes "resisting arrest"! Manhattan Beach is a place that hardly even needs police. There isn't much for them to do there. Go protect and serve. A giant ghetto full of crime is 20 minutes away! You have a cop with a beef following him around because he has a warrant for a suspended license! This is crap, take the freaking cops from Manhattan Beach and send them to LA. Make them fight crime and protect and serve like we pay them to do.

Cracka2HI!
10-04-2012, 02:41 AM
Interesting. Maybe they're trying to save Grant fresh as possible?

Remember, he was a little injury-riddled last season in PHX. They may want to limit his minutes during the regular season and increase his minutes as the season goes and into the playoffs.

Yea I think that's what it is too. We looked horrible! I have a long *** write up in the Clipper forum, you should check it out.

MagicBucsSox
10-04-2012, 03:18 AM
First off as a brother myself, mattbarnes could've diffuse the situation 1st by not drivin w a sus license- make the broad drive,2. U had a piece a crap warrant and your a millionaire = a punkazz fine.3. Your a brother, you know how's it's gonna go down. So just simply take a lame arrest an tell ya woman to relax its a cake charge, instead of having her get riled up and cops grabbing on her bc their "threatened"

Totally his fault

numba1CHANGsta
10-04-2012, 03:28 AM
They'll arrest you for anything now a days :facepalm: the cops think they have all this power, they can touch who ever they want and tell anyone whatever they want, glad Barne's wife didn't take that crap from these pigs

Cracka2HI!
10-04-2012, 03:33 AM
First off as a brother myself, mattbarnes could've diffuse the situation 1st by not drivin w a sus license- make the broad drive,2. U had a piece a crap warrant and your a millionaire = a punkazz fine.3. Your a brother, you know how's it's gonna go down. So just simply take a lame arrest an tell ya woman to relax its a cake charge, instead of having her get riled up and cops grabbing on her bc their "threatened"

Totally his fault

Those are all good points. If I have a fine I pay it. My license was suspended for a year. I didn't drive, so I get that too. My point is more about how bad the economy is and the fact there is a capacity for a cop to sit outside a restaurant for 2 hours and wait for someone on a warrant for a suspended license. There is plenty of work for cops in LA that could protect and serve a helluva lot better than that.