PDA

View Full Version : Shaq think Brook Lopez is better than Dwight Howard

HouRealCoach
10-03-2012, 08:11 PM
“We as players, we always watch people before us. When I came in it was Patrick Ewing and Hakeem Olajuwon, guys who played like true centers who played inside. What we have now are centers that are going to the European style, which is a lot of pick-and-roll. Dwight Howard, who’s a pick-and-roll player, some people say he’s the best center in the league, but me being an old-school center, I’m going to go with Robin Lopez and Andrew Bynum because they play with their back to the basket.”

Many would take him more seriously if he got the right Lopez brother; Shaq later clarified that he meant to say Brook, not his twin brother Robin:

“Brook. Same thing. They’re brothers.”

http://brobuffet.com/2012/10/03/shaq-lopez-d12/

Hey amos1er... That's exactly why u can't use opinions in arguments lol

Avenged
10-03-2012, 08:12 PM
Robin Lopez :laugh:

Double fail by Shaq. Just shut up already, you're number is getting retired, move on!

HouRealCoach
10-03-2012, 08:12 PM
Later added this...

“Listen to what I’m saying. I’m not talking about dunking, I’m talking about playing like a big man with the moves. My man, before he had the foot injury, was putting up nice, solid big man numbers. He don’t have a lot of flash, a la Tim Duncan, but he can play. If you put him with a nice team around him, you can get a lot from this big man. Like if you want to go to go to flash and dunking and the pick and roll, you gotta go with Dwight Howard. But me, the last true original dundaughta (slang for big timer), I’m going with Andrew Bynum and which Lopez? Brook. Brook Lopez.”

KnickaBocka.44
10-03-2012, 08:16 PM
Shaq is DoMeFavors :confused:

Seriously though, he is right. Dwight is supremely valuable on D but his offensive game hasn't really improved since he came in the league.

SteBO
10-03-2012, 08:16 PM
I get what he's saying, but he's spewing utter nonsense that isn't even worth bringing any attention to.....

GiantsSwaGG
10-03-2012, 08:17 PM
:laugh: :laugh:

PC
10-03-2012, 08:18 PM
Do old school centers average 5 rebounds per game?

dtmagnet
10-03-2012, 08:21 PM
lol what a troll.

Sandman
10-03-2012, 08:23 PM
Maybe offensive game.

But unfortunately for Shaq, that's not what makes Dwight Howard better than the other two guys.

Hawkeye15
10-03-2012, 08:24 PM
Yet another example of why using old players opinions to attempt to validate your own is an utter fail.

More-Than-Most
10-03-2012, 08:24 PM
He Just really hates Howard

More-Than-Most
10-03-2012, 08:25 PM
Neither Bynum or Lopez should be mentioned with Howard right now... Sorry but Defense DOES MATTER

Lol Lopez should not be mentioned with any of the top 5 centers right now...Hell maybe even top 10

*Superman*

Seriously though, he is right. Dwight is supremely valuable on D but his offensive game hasn't really improved since he came in the league.

:laugh2:

P Harvy
This is funny haha

DoMeFavors
10-03-2012, 08:27 PM
Yeah all you people talk smack about Brook but all the players and writers think he is great. You guys just cant appreciate a good player. You think a big man should be all defense.

More-Than-Most
10-03-2012, 08:28 PM
Yeah all you people talk smack about Brook but all the players and writers think he is great. You guys just cant appreciate a good player. You think a big man should be all defense.

Not all defense but some would be nice :shrug:

Some Rebounding would help as well. Just saying

bucketss
10-03-2012, 08:28 PM

which dwight have you been watching?

xxplayerxx23
10-03-2012, 08:29 PM
:laugh2: Bynum shouldn't be in any convo with Dwight for best center and yet Lopez the guy gets out rebounded by guards is :laugh2:

DoMeFavors
10-03-2012, 08:31 PM
Brook Lopez = best offensive center in the NBA

and Lopez doesnt get out rebounded by guards the Nets rebounding numbers were good, he was playing next to one of the top 5 rebounders in the game Kris Humphries. And he had 1 below average season of rebounding , he only played 4 games this year.

xxplayerxx23
10-03-2012, 08:34 PM
1. Bynum says hi.
2. Fields Rebounding>>Lopez Rebounding,
3. :puke: What kind of jerseys are those.

sjbirds
10-03-2012, 08:34 PM
Surprise It took him that long to respond ...lopez has no right to be mentioned in the same sentence as dwight and bynum

Ebbs
10-03-2012, 08:39 PM
If Shaq told me MJ was the GOAT I'd probably have to reasses the situation

HouRealCoach
10-03-2012, 08:41 PM

and Lopez doesnt get out rebounded by guards the Nets rebounding numbers were good, he was playing next to one of the top 5 rebounders in the game Kris Humphries. And he had 1 below average season of rebounding , he only played 4 games this year.

Well last year he only averaged about 3 or 4 in the games he played but the year before that was just 6 playing 35 minutes while Humphries averaged 10..

Now explain to me how Nikola Pekovic is able to average 7 playing 27 minutes while playing with Kevin Love (Arguably the best rebounder)?

bucketss
10-03-2012, 08:47 PM
well last year he only averaged about 3 or 4 in the games he played but the year before that was just 6 playing 35 minutes while humphries averaged 10..

Now explain to me how nikola pekovic is able to average 7 playing 27 minutes while playing with kevin love (arguably the best rebounder)?

+1

teamLAKERS24
10-03-2012, 08:48 PM

:facepalm:

teamLAKERS24
10-03-2012, 08:48 PM
But if DH12 was landed to the nets? D12>>>>>> LOPEZ.. JUST SAYING NETS FANS!

Mave1002
10-03-2012, 08:52 PM

Lovin that sig. "You dont have a chance."

I have nothing but respect for those player but yeah, that's just BS. :rolleyes:

xxplayerxx23
10-03-2012, 08:53 PM
To be fair there are only 3 or 4 Troll net fans like DMF.

teamLAKERS24
10-03-2012, 08:53 PM

bro. your sig says it all.. :p

MetroMan
10-03-2012, 08:56 PM
shaq is a cry baby. move on with your life, shaq

29$JerZ
10-03-2012, 08:57 PM
Al Jefferson, Andrea Bargnani, Andrew Bynum are all better offensive players/Centers than Brook.

Plus being an offensive Center is near useless in today's NBA since the vast majority of Centers are rebounders, defensive players, and shot blockers. A Center's true worth comes from he does on defense/rebounding these days.

Brook doesn't get rebounds because on offense he likes to be away from the rim and on defense he get out hustled. He needs to work on that.

DoMeFavors
10-03-2012, 09:06 PM
Lovin that sig. "You dont have a chance."

I have nothing but respect for those player but yeah, that's just BS. :rolleyes:

I like yours too!

PLAYERS FAN
10-03-2012, 09:07 PM

I always thought, Humphries hurt Lopez rebound numbers.

showtym24
10-03-2012, 09:08 PM
I wonder if his hate for dwight effected is judgement at all.......

Who cares what he has to say.

DoMeFavors
10-03-2012, 09:08 PM
Al Jefferson, Andrea Bargnani, Andrew Bynum are all better offensive players/Centers than Brook.

Plus being an offensive Center is near useless in today's NBA since the vast majority of Centers are rebounders, defensive players, and shot blockers. A Center's true worth comes from he does on defense/rebounding these days.

Brook doesn't get rebounds because on offense he likes to be away from the rim and on defense he get out hustled. He needs to work on that.

Brook is a professional basketball player, you never made it that far how can you tell an NBA player what to do? lol to funny

Bruno
10-03-2012, 09:22 PM
the greater player is the one who is more serviceable in the era in which he played. this is a point-guards, pick and roll league, it has been for several years.

Shaqs taking out his distain towards the direction NBA basketball is going out on Dwight Howard and it's not exactly appropriate.

although I understand his point. the pendulum swings back forth across the eras, back to the basket big men will have a strategic resurgence eventually.

knicks=love
10-03-2012, 09:22 PM
Brook is a professional basketball player, you never made it that far how can you tell an NBA player what to do? lol to funny

he's not telling him what to do.. :confused:

Bruno
10-03-2012, 09:26 PM
Although, should we be surprised that Shaq is totally over looking defense here? Shaq never became the defender he should have been, he never wanted to work to become a DPOY caliber player. and here he's knocking a player who has quite possibly surpassed him on that side of the court.

brook lopez is a less than average rebounder for his size, and his defense is average at best. shaq looks foolish here.

29$JerZ
10-03-2012, 09:48 PM

When you resort to that you officially show you have nothing to debate with.

LAKERMANIA
10-03-2012, 09:58 PM

Chill_Will_24
10-03-2012, 10:01 PM
Shaq as an analyst was a mistake. He is too biased. Notice how at the end when he realized his argument was lost he resorted to childish confrontational antics..

He makes the guys at the TNT studio visibly uncomfortable because he gets emotional when anything Dwight related is brought up around him.

SB75
10-03-2012, 10:08 PM
And this is why Shaq shouldn't get paid to think!

On the real: Shaq knows that was some Bull SH@T that came out of his mouth. I hate it when older players hate on the guys playing now. If you have seen Howard play he does play in the post with his back to the basket, as well as face up, as well as pick and roll, as well as defend better than any big in the NBA. If he could hit FT's (which Shaq couldn't himself) or make the mid range jumper ( Which Shaq couldn't himself) he'd be a complete center. Stop hating Shaq!

meloman1592
10-03-2012, 10:14 PM

lmao

Punk
10-03-2012, 10:14 PM

Nobody hates him but the facts are, he's not a 20ppg-10 rebound big man that would make him a star.

Everyone knows he's a top 10 center but you overrate the hell out of him.

knicks=love
10-03-2012, 10:16 PM
Nobody hates him but the facts are, he's not a 20ppg-10 rebound big man that would make him a star.

everyone except me

JasonJohnHorn
10-03-2012, 10:16 PM
It's weird... when you get a HOF guy like Shaq, who you THINK would know something about the game comes out with something like this. I could understand how he might say that they are better offensive players, but better players overall? He's seriously got some hate on for Howard and it's put blinders on him.

Spiggity_ace
10-03-2012, 10:29 PM
shaq's opinion means jack ****, he has something against howard, dwight still puts up same amount of points as brook but u get defense and rebounding with him, a sane person would take dwight everyday, so what if he doesnt have the flashy moves n stuff he gets it done,

i dont recall shaq doing dreamshakes all day all he did was back down with his fatass and dunk, dwight does the same **** but hes 100 pounds lighter and 4 inches shorter shaqs a hater

PraiseJesus
10-03-2012, 10:30 PM
does Shaq realize that Broox Lopez only reb like 5 per game??

Something tells me he doesnt

Chill_Will_24
10-03-2012, 10:39 PM

Ehhhhhhhh not based on last season

I hope Avery plays him closer to the basket this year though because Brook actually CAN rebound the ball. Avery has misutilized Brook for the last 2 years and Brook has also been sick and injured.

Word is that he gained muscle and looks amazing in camp. Hope that is true

GiantsSwaGG
10-03-2012, 10:41 PM
They need to test Shaq and see if he's on drugs

ThunderousDemon
10-03-2012, 10:45 PM

A center is supposed to be a teams defensive anchor.

raiderposting
10-03-2012, 10:47 PM
Domefavors if the nets got dwight and had shipped out Brook you would be saying Brook was just offense and nothing else. and would be saying that dwight is going to go down as a top 3 Center of all time maybe even the best. Just stop the trolling, its over. its stupid, cant wait till the nets have a first round exit. I would take a short ban to bait you then.

Showtime Steve
10-03-2012, 10:50 PM
There is truth to it. But it still sounds like sour grapes.

ThunderousDemon
10-03-2012, 10:51 PM
It's comical how DoMeFavors hasn't been banned yet.

NFLNBA
10-03-2012, 10:53 PM
Its already known Shaq has always had a grudge against Howard he has always said Bynum was better then Howard. He is the only one that says this though lol Even though Howard doesn't have the finesse moves and multiple post moves as Bynum and doesn't have the shot Lopez does he is just as dominate because he spins and used quickness against players like Bynum and just overpowers players like Lopez. Then on the flip side even with both these players having better offense it doesn't matter when they go up against Howard cause he shuts them down with his premier defense.

Dwight vs Bynum - 11 Games against eachother

Howard 20.5 PTS 13.3 REB 2.3 BlKS
Bynum 8.9 PTS 6.6 REB 2.5 BLKS

Howard was the first option obviously with Bynum the 2nd and 3rd option but when they go up against eachother Howard wins

Dwight vs Lopez - 11 Games

Howard 20.5 PTS 14.5 REB 3.0 BLKS
Lopez 13.7 PTS 6.4 REB 1.5 BLKS

Lopez was a #1 option as well but Howard just KILLS Lopez. Lopez will hit some 15 footer away from basket but has nothing else against Howard.

Best player that i found against Howard was Tyson Chandler - 20 Games

Howard 15.6 PTS 13.2 REB 2.1 BLKS
Chandler 6.8 PTS 7.5 REB 1.0 BLKS

He is only player that hold Howard under 20 and 14

2-ONE-5
10-03-2012, 10:54 PM

bcuz he is 10x more dominant then any big man in the league. he simply is just big, strong, and atheltic enough to dominate. he has proven he doesnt need a legit post game.

Robbw241
10-03-2012, 10:56 PM
Robb thinks he loves Shaq.

Wait, not Shaq I mean Charles Barkley.

No I meant Shaq.

Kenny Smith

WAYNEBO
10-03-2012, 11:06 PM
It's comical how DoMeFavors hasn't been banned yet.

Insert joke here: DMF ____________ with the PSD mods.

DoMeFavors
10-03-2012, 11:15 PM
Shaq put up 10 more points then Dwight, and Shaq did it on a great fg %. Fact is I would take Brook over Dwight, I wanted Dwight over Brook for this team because Nets have two 20 point scorers in JJ and Deron but if I was starting a team it would be Brook he is more of a franchise player.

DoMeFavors
10-03-2012, 11:18 PM
A center is supposed to be a teams defensive anchor.

A center can be whatever, you cant define a center..Nobody wrote in the rule book that a center has to be a defensive beast. Its about having good team defense.

29$JerZ
10-03-2012, 11:21 PM
Shaq put up 10 more points then Dwight, and Shaq did it on a great fg %. Fact is I would take Brook over Dwight, I wanted Dwight over Brook for this team because Nets have two 20 point scorers in JJ and Deron but if I was starting a team it would be Brook he is more of a franchise player.

You wanted Dwight because he would have made the Nets a threat.
Lopez does nothing to impact the game as much as Dwight does.
Had Lopez been sent you would be raving about Dwight and how he is an upgrade over an already good Center in Brook.

At least be honest with yourself. Brook is not a franchise player. He isn't even top 5 at his own position.

ACanadian
10-03-2012, 11:26 PM
A center can be whatever, you cant define a center..Nobody wrote in the rule book that a center has to be a defensive beast. Its about having good team defense.

Boo this man!!

DoMeFavors
10-03-2012, 11:26 PM
You wanted Dwight because he would have made the Nets a threat.
Lopez does nothing to impact the game as much as Dwight does.
Had Lopez been sent you would be raving about Dwight and how he is an upgrade over an already good Center in Brook.
At least be honest with yourself. Brook is not a franchise player. He isn't even top 5 at his own position.

You guys always say stuff like this acting like im biased, but when I talk about stuff NBA players agree with me, it actually happeneds like Curry was signed. I am one of the smartest posters on this site.

Brook is treated like a punching bag on here because people see stats but they dont watch him. Brook has the best post game in the NBA, and its not even close. You say he is a face up shooter but he is a back to the basket player with GREAT foot work.

And Brooks defense is underated he had to guard so many positions with such bad defensive players on his team over the years, like Morrow, Outlaw, Yi getting blown by.

ACanadian
10-03-2012, 11:30 PM
You guys always say stuff like this acting like im biased, but when I talk about stuff NBA players agree with me, it actually happeneds like Curry was signed. I am one of the smartest posters on this site.

Brook is treated like a punching bag on here because people see stats but they dont watch him. Brook has the best post game in the NBA, and its not even close. You say he is a face up shooter but he is a back to the basket player with GREAT foot work.

And Brooks defense is underated he had to guard so many positions with such bad defensive players on his team over the years, like Morrow, Outlaw, Yi getting blown by.

Boo!!

DoMeFavors
10-03-2012, 11:33 PM
Boo!!

I take booing as a sign of respect.

29$JerZ
10-03-2012, 11:39 PM

Name me the top 3 PG's, SG's and Centers in the NBA in order from best to worst

LoveMeOrHateMe
10-03-2012, 11:41 PM

Hahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahah no...:speechless::facepalm:

DoMeFavors
10-03-2012, 11:43 PM
Name me the top 3 PG's, SG's and Centers in the NBA in order from best to worst

PG
Chris Paul
Deron Williams
Rajon Rondo

SG
Dwayne Wade
Kobe Bryant
Joe Johnson because Manu is too old and not a go to guy, and Harden had 1 good year and isnt a go to guy. Both cannot LEAD their team to 50 win seasons.

Center
Dwight Howard
Andrew Bynum
Brook Lopez

tnewkirk
10-03-2012, 11:46 PM

no people talk **** about his defense, his stats are great.

tshwhhh
10-03-2012, 11:51 PM
man sad to see shaq become like this after his career, but he's done this all the time, tossing people under the bus. he did it to kobe, wade, most places he left. i dont see how he thinks of himself as this great offensive player either, putting himself with these great offensive big men, yes he scored a lot of points, but backing people under the basket and dunking or shooting from 2 feet out isnt exactly polished offensive skills. the guy was freakishly large, thats not skill. thats tallent. i mean he couldnt make free throws if his life depended on it, couldnt shoot from 10 feet and out, he was actually more like dwight, and chamberlin, super athletic. He is one of the most ungracefull lakers to retire that ive seen in a long time and we are putting his number up. I love him and what he did for us but he shouldnt be so bitter in my opinion

IndyRealist
10-03-2012, 11:52 PM

He just really hates the Lakers.

29$JerZ
10-03-2012, 11:53 PM
PG
Chris Paul
Deron Williams
Rajon Rondo

SG
Dwayne Wade
Kobe Bryant
Joe Johnson because Manu is too old and not a go to guy, and Harden had 1 good year and isnt a go to guy. Both cannot LEAD their team to 50 win seasons.

Center
Dwight Howard
Andrew Bynum
Brook Lopez

Thanks for confirming what I expected.
You didn't disappoint me.

Rose, Westbrook, Harden and about half the Centers in the NbA clearly have nothing on Deron, Joe j, Rondo and Brook.

IndyRealist
10-03-2012, 11:53 PM
no people talk **** about his defense, his stats are great.

Oh, people talk **** about his stats, too.

Gritz
10-03-2012, 11:55 PM
loldundatta

cbs9889
10-03-2012, 11:56 PM
shaq is an idiot

DoMeFavors
10-03-2012, 11:58 PM
Thanks for confirming what I expected.
You didn't disappoint me.

Rose, Westbrook, Harden and about half the Centers in the NbA clearly have nothing on Deron, Joe j, Rondo and Brook.

CLEARLY? Says who you? NBA writers and PLAYERS, even that PG on your team one of the best ever Kidd said Rondo is the best in the NBA. Rose, Westbrook cannot pass like CP3,Rondo, or Dwill. And Harden is so overated, he is a bench player. Half the centers in the NBA are better? ok was their market value 14 million a year like Brook? Your opinion is not better than people who actually played in the sport.

29$JerZ
10-04-2012, 12:01 AM
CLEARLY? Says who you? NBA writers and PLAYERS, even that PG on your team one of the best ever Kidd said Rondo is the best in the NBA. Rose, Westbrook cannot pass like CP3,Rondo, or Dwill. And Harden is so overated, he is a bench player. Half the centers in the NBA are better? ok was their market value 14 million a year like Brook? Your opinion is not better than people who actually played in the sport.

Did I make you upset?
Can't you read? I said clearly Rose, Westbrook, Harden and half the Centers have nothing on Rondo and those 3 Net players.

John Walls Era
10-04-2012, 12:03 AM
Just leave it at Bynum...

DoMeFavors
10-04-2012, 12:04 AM
Did I make you upset?

You down played my claim with no evidence to back it up.

The_Jamal
10-04-2012, 12:07 AM
DoMeFavors and Shaq must be best friends

29$JerZ
10-04-2012, 12:11 AM
You down played my claim with no evidence to back it up.

Irony is hard to see I guess.

I'll use your logic.
Jason Kidd > Deron because he led a team to a title unlike Deron.

DoMeFavors
10-04-2012, 12:13 AM
Irony is hard to see I guess.

I'll use your logic.
Jason Kidd > Deron because he led a team to a title unlike Deron.

he didnt lead the team to a title he was a role player on it, but all time Jason Kidd is better.

29$JerZ
10-04-2012, 12:17 AM
he didnt lead the team to a title he was a role player on it, but all time Jason Kidd is better.

Explain why Deron is still a top 2 PG when guys like Rose and Westbrook have early caught up to him and even surpassed him.
Explain why Brook is a better Center than guys like Horford, Tyson and KV who have much better succes than him in the regular season and post season.
Explain why Harden is overrated but not joe J.

DoMeFavors
10-04-2012, 12:20 AM
Explain why Deron is still a top 2 PG when guys like Rose and Westbrook have early caught up to him and even surpassed him.
Explain why Brook is a better Center than guys like Horford, Tyson and KV who have much better succes than him in the regular season and post season.
Explain why Harden is overrated but not joe J.

Because its not hard to be a defender like Horford or Tyson it takes SKILL to develop a post game in the NBA its hard to do, and to have the foot work and offensive game like Brook. And Deron is because he can do EVERYTHING he can pass it and get 9 assists with the talent he had this year, and has a good offensive game to go with it.

29$JerZ
10-04-2012, 12:35 AM
Because its not hard to be a defender like Horford or Tyson it takes SKILL to develop a post game in the NBA its hard to do, and to have the foot work and offensive game like Brook. And Deron is because he can do EVERYTHING he can pass it and get 9 assists with the talent he had this year, and has a good offensive game to go with it.

So because Brook Lopez has a post game he is more skilled than defensive anchors like Tyson and Dwight? Yeah that's just bogus. That would mean Al Jefferson and Zach Randolph are better as well...

What has Deron done to sustain his top 2 PG status that Rose hasn't?
It's pretty clear Rose and now Westbrook are better players than Deron.
Is Rose not able to pass and do it all? That's just silly.

I think the Joe j talk with you is pointless since you seem to be the only oblivious one who can't see how undeserving Joe j is of his money and isn't a top 3 in the weakest position in the NBA

justinnum1
10-04-2012, 12:59 AM
shaq has turned into a pretty good troll

Chill_Will_24
10-04-2012, 01:30 AM
So because Brook Lopez has a post game he is more skilled than defensive anchors like Tyson and Dwight? Yeah that's just bogus. That would mean Al Jefferson and Zach Randolph are better as well...

What has Deron done to sustain his top 2 PG status that Rose hasn't?
It's pretty clear Rose and now Westbrook are better players than Deron.
Is Rose not able to pass and do it all? That's just silly.

I think the Joe j talk with you is pointless since you seem to be the only oblivious one who can't see how undeserving Joe j is of his money and isn't a top 3 in the weakest position in the NBA

Why the double standard? Deron got knocked for his bad play with the Nets after the trade even though he had a bum wrist that needed surgery and during this season when they were starting D league call ups. The pundits were unforgiving so why not with Rose?

Whether because of injury or whatever Rose also regressed. Who knows how well he will play upon return.

Meanwhile in NJ Deron had the highest season scoring output the season's highest assist output, further proving that he had to do everything for that team. All this without their second best player Lopez.

Meanwhile Westbrook proved in the playoffs that he still doesn't know how to make the right play and nor understands how to make his teammates better through his playmaking ability.

Neither of those two players are above Deron imo although i think Kyrie Irving will surpass Deron this year.

Sorry but your assessment of the elite PG of the league is wrong imo

KB-Pau-DH2012
10-04-2012, 01:34 AM
I wonder what's going to happen when all the past Lakers like Magic and Kareem and the current Lakers like Kobe and Dwight are there receiving Shaq on April 2nd when he gets his #34 jersey retired up in the rafters at Staples Center.

You know for sure Dwight is going to run into Shaq on the court or backstage someway somehow, and I wonder if Shaq will take any shots at Kobe or Dwight when he gets the mic at center court. :laugh2:

John Walls Era
10-04-2012, 02:07 AM
shaq has turned into a pretty good troll

Mixing Robin and Brook's names was the icing on the cake.

Underdogz∞
10-04-2012, 02:11 AM
I'm no Shaq but I been saying I'd take Roy Hibbert over Dwight Howard all day long!

5ass
10-04-2012, 02:23 AM
Shaq just wants to get his name in the news

WAYNEBO
10-04-2012, 02:23 AM
Westbroke (pun intended) is NOT better than DWill. He's a 2 gaurd playing the PG position. Rose is in the ballpark, and closer to DWill and CP3. Rondo, IMO is a category by himself because of his horrid shooting, but manages to score in other ways. Easily the best passer in the NBA right now.

carnage101
10-04-2012, 02:26 AM
shaq's stubborn he's gonna get a whole lot of grief from the chuckster when inside the nab is back

carnage101
10-04-2012, 02:28 AM
dude brook lopez is softer than gasoft nuff said

NFLNBA
10-04-2012, 02:56 AM
LMAO at whoever is saying Brook or ANY other Center over Howard. As i already posted on page 5 look at the stats when these other players face Howard. HOward averages 20 and 14 against Lopez in 11 games facing eachother where Lopez is 13 and 5 LMAO SERIOUSLY!? Yes Lopez has better post moves but Howard doesnt need those moves because he is so fast, quick, athletic , and powerful. Against Lopez he just bullies him! He is to powerful and way to quick for lopez. Lopez runs and moves like Shawn Bradley very stiff and upright. Lopez best skill is his faceup jumpshot.

Howard
Bynum
Chandler
Noah
Duncan
Gasol
Gasol
Lopez

3-7 you can move them around but Lopez is a top 8-10 center

numba1CHANGsta
Shaq is either a sore ***, or a smart ***. Could this be motivation or just plain jealousy?

Cracka2HI!
Sounds like Shaq is jealous because Howard is the current Superman and currently more loved by Lakers fans than him.

KB-Pau-DH2012
10-04-2012, 03:18 AM
Sounds like Shaq is jealous because Howard is the current Superman and currently more loved by Lakers fans than him.

Actually, we still love Shaq and can't wait for the Big Legendary to have his #34 jersey retired up in the rafters later this season.

It's just a shame that he has to bash Dwight and can't be a mentor to him like Kareem is doing right now for the young D12. It's really a shame that Shaq has to do and say all this crap. :pity:

STL Don
10-04-2012, 03:19 AM
Dwight Howard earned ESPN's #3 in their recent rankings for a reason. Lopez isn't even close to his level. Yes he has some crafty post moves that's going to get him 15-20ppg but Howard, now playing in LA with Nash as his PG, forget it. Along with the motivation heading into this season, I expect Howard to have a monster year both offensively and defensively. He's too much of a force and is now on a much better team where he is happy and excited to play.

As for all this PG discussion -

1.Chris Paul
2.Derrick Rose (if not hurt I'd have him in a tie with Paul)
3.Deron Williams - Now with better support around him, he'll have all the help he needs
4.Rajon Rondo - If not for his inconsistent jumper, I might even have him first.
5.Russel Westbrook - Needs to grow as a player, become a better decision maker/floor general
6.Steve Nash - Yes his age is way up there but hasn't showed that many signs of slowing down, his basketball IQ/work ethic has allowed him to extend his career playing at a high level. If anything, expect his numbers to maintain or possibly increase as a Los Angeles Laker. Especially his assist rate.
7.Kyrie Irving - Has quickly emerged as the next big named player in the NBA after a very impressive rookie season, he should leap into the top 10-15 list of NBA players sooner rather then later.
8.Tony Parker - Starting to get up there in age, but showed last season that he's still got a lot left in him and has become San Antonio's go to guy in late game situations.
9.Ricky Rubio - The list gets tougher from here but I see way to much promise in Ricky to see him dropper any further from my list. He has a chance to be a big part of what can be a big turnaround season from the Timberwolves. If healthy, he's going to become a great NBA player and possibly an all star.
10.John Wall - After regressing just a bit in his sophomore season, I expect this to be John Wall's breakout year. I am definitely a big believer in Wall and have big expectations coming from him as he looks to lead Washington into a late seed playoff berth for the 1st time in years.

Honorable mentions - Kyle Lowry, Michael Conley, Brandon Jennings, Ty Lawson

Bravo95
10-04-2012, 03:24 AM
Nah.

NFLNBA
10-04-2012, 03:40 AM
PG talk is all about what kind of offense your running IMO and a mix of who else is on the team.

For example if you want the best offensive PG you go with Rose, If you want the most explosive PG you go with Westbrook, You want a Defensive PG you go with Rondo, You want the best passing/shooting PG you go with Nash. Deron is a mix of Rose and Nash, CP3 is a mix of Rondo and Nash.

So if your team needs strickly scoring form your PG you need to go with Rose and Westbrook. If you have great scoring around you and just need a defensive stud/facilitator you go with Rondo. If your team needs a guy to make every better with great leadership and the best shooting PG you go with Nash. You need a little bit of everything and the PG needs the ball and he is gonna be THE man you go with CP3 and Deron.

xcrisisx
10-04-2012, 04:11 AM
LMAO at whoever is saying Brook or ANY other Center over Howard. As i already posted on page 5 look at the stats when these other players face Howard. HOward averages 20 and 14 against Lopez in 11 games facing eachother where Lopez is 13 and 5 LMAO SERIOUSLY!? Yes Lopez has better post moves but Howard doesnt need those moves because he is so fast, quick, athletic , and powerful. Against Lopez he just bullies him! He is to powerful and way to quick for lopez. Lopez runs and moves like Shawn Bradley very stiff and upright. Lopez best skill is his faceup jumpshot.

Howard
Bynum
Chandler
Noah
Duncan
Gasol
Gasol
Lopez

brook is better than joakim cm'n dude! and pau is not a center, never was and never will, he just played out off position, this also applies for duncan. a healthy bogut should be added to the list. happy you left horford off, also not a center. so this all makes a healthy brook a top 5 center behind dwight, bynum, chandler, and gasol.
shaq is wrong anyway, he just doesn't like dwight and the superman thing.

raiderposting
10-04-2012, 04:20 AM

Howard
Bynum
Chandler
Noah
Duncan
Gasol
Gasol
Lopez

you forgot to add Bogut before lopez

+pope+
10-04-2012, 04:37 AM
this is coming from a guy who was too fat and lazy to become a defensive force. End of story

JEDean89
10-04-2012, 05:00 AM
i agree that lopez is better offensively but i way more injury prone and can't rebound and can't play defenes. to me it's howard, bynum, cousins, players that don't really ever seem to play can't be the best in the game.

VinceCarter
10-04-2012, 10:48 AM
3. :puke: What kind of jerseys are those.

Don't hate on the Brooklyn swag. Simple and gets the point acroos. I love 'em.

Chill_Will_24
10-04-2012, 10:51 AM
i agree that lopez is better offensively but i way more injury prone and can't rebound and can't play defenes. to me it's howard, bynum, cousins, players that don't really ever seem to play can't be the best in the game.

Common misconception spewed by idiots that only like to repeat what other say to seem smart without actually knowing what they are talking about.

Lopez played 3 straight year without ever missing a single game. Last year was the first time he sustained an injury and it was a bad one. He is not injury prone.

Also his defense is average but it is not terrible. He can play defense. He has been surrounded by some pretty bad defensive players exposing his weaknesses on D.

He CAN rebound the ball. Check his stats prior to getting sick with Mono.

VinceCarter
10-04-2012, 11:13 AM
Common misconception spewed by idiots that only like to repeat what other say to seem smart without actually knowing what they are talking about.

Lopez played 3 straight year without ever missing a single game. Last year was the first time he sustained an injury and it was a bad one. He is not injury prone.

Also his defense is average but it is not terrible. He can play defense. He has been surrounded by some pretty bad defensive players exposing his weaknesses on D.

:clap::clap::clap: The people on this site sometimes :sigh:

Jroz
10-04-2012, 11:27 AM

HAH!...best post of the thread...just because Shaq was one of the most dominating big man in history doesn't mean he has any credibility or instant genius when it comes to analyzing basketball. Anytime Barkley or Shaq talk or are quoted there should be a big disclaimer on the bottom. They specifically put these guys on the air as comic relief..its like getting your financial news from MTV

Rockice_8
10-04-2012, 11:30 AM
Lopez is not on Dwight's level and neither is Bynum for that matter. I think after this year Lopez is going to plant himself firmly in the top 5 centers just behind Dwight and Bynum.

If he gets the 20/8 with 2 blocks that I expect (cause he finally has a team around him). I don't want to hear anything more about how much better Roy Hibbert or Marc Gasol are cause they're not.

JiffyMix88
10-04-2012, 11:35 AM

yep im drinking that same juice shaq's drinking

SINCESTARBURY25
10-04-2012, 11:45 AM
I think that Bynum will be the best center soon

KnickaBocka.44
10-04-2012, 11:47 AM
bcuz he is 10x more dominant then any big man in the league. he simply is just big, strong, and atheltic enough to dominate. he has proven he doesnt need a legit post game.

Oh, so it's okay not to reach your potential? If he had more of a skillset in the post he would be a better offensive player and a better player overall, plain and simple. He could be better than Shaq was if he was better on offense.

But you are seriously going to say "he has proven he doesn't need a legit post game." :facepalm: Physically, he is the most dominant player in the league--which is exactly why he should be averaging more than 20 ppg over the past few seasons.

MintBerryCrunch
10-04-2012, 11:48 AM
:clap::clap::clap: The people on this site sometimes :sigh:

You honestly think Brook Lopez is even close to Dwight's level?

TheIlladelph16
10-04-2012, 11:49 AM
Fact is I would take Brook over Dwight, I wanted Dwight over Brook for this team because Nets have two 20 point scorers in JJ and Deron but if I was starting a team it would be Brook he is more of a franchise player.

Had to quote this for possible sig :facepalm:

WAYNEBO
10-04-2012, 11:52 AM

This homer idiot just continues to amaze me with the caca coming out of her vag.

LongIslandIcedZ
10-04-2012, 11:53 AM

I'm not sure when he got mono, but he's never posted at Total Rebound Percentage higher than 15.8. That was his rookie year and he's got worse every year since. I'll throw out this year as he didnt play. And like I said, I do not know when he got mono, but regardless, he has never been a good rebounder.

Just to compare, Chandler hasnt had a season under 17% since his second year in the league.

Iron24th
10-04-2012, 11:57 AM
Dwight

Bynum

Brooke Lopez

MintBerryCrunch
10-04-2012, 11:58 AM
Oh, so it's okay not to reach your potential? If he had more of a skillset in the post he would be a better offensive player and a better player overall, plain and simple. He could be better than Shaq was if he was better on offense.

But you are seriously going to say "he has proven he doesn't need a legit post game." :facepalm: Physically, he is the most dominant player in the league--which is exactly why he should be averaging more than 20 ppg over the past few seasons.

Wait what is your point ? Dwight has averaged 20+ 5 of the last 6 seasons

MintBerryCrunch
10-04-2012, 11:59 AM
Dwight

Bynum

Brooke Lopez

/thread

Jroz
10-04-2012, 12:06 PM

HAH!...best post of the thread...just because Shaq was one of the most dominating big man in history doesn't mean he has any credibility or instant genius when it comes to analyzing basketball. Anytime Barkley or Shaq talk or are quoted there should be a big disclaimer on the bottom. They specifically put these guys on the air as comic relief..its like getting your financial news from MTV

Originally Posted by DoMeFavors
Fact is I would take Brook over Dwight, I wanted Dwight over Brook for this team because Nets have two 20 point scorers in JJ and Deron but if I was starting a team it would be Brook he is more of a franchise player.

and worst post of the thread...

can't wait to bring this up 2 months into the season hahhahhaha

da ThRONe
10-04-2012, 12:09 PM
I liked Shaq as a player thought I would love him as a tv personality. Couldn't be anymore wrong. Dude needs to stop with the Howard hate.

KnickaBocka.44
10-04-2012, 12:09 PM
Wait what is your point ? Dwight has averaged 20+ 5 of the last 6 seasons

My point is that if he had a more well rounded post game or even improved his damn free throw shooting he could average more than what he has. The guy has never averaged more than 13.4 shots per game in his career and we know he was the best player on the Magic and they wanted him to take as many shots as possible all those years. If he had more, consistent ways to score he would be more effective, period, end of story.

20 ppg on great efficiency is not production i'd argue with, but don't you feel he could be even more productive given his physical gifts?

DoMeFavors
10-04-2012, 12:14 PM
Brook Lopez has the best foot work and post game since Tim Duncan in his prime and Hakeem

2-ONE-5
10-04-2012, 12:15 PM

Dwight with 0 post game is still 20x better then B. Lopez and any offensive game he has

KnickaBocka.44
10-04-2012, 12:24 PM
Dwight with 0 post game is still 20x better then B. Lopez and any offensive game he has

Not sure what your point is here, I'm not debating that. But Brook Lopez does have a more skilled post game on offense than Dwight Howard does.

zB_#85
10-04-2012, 12:24 PM

He's jealous of Howard more like it. He's no longer in the spotlight and it bothers him.

The funny thing is, he uses Brook's more polished offensive game and post moves as the reason for Brook being better than Dwight, saying Dwight is mostly just athleticism and no real game....well that was exactly what Shaq was. If Shaq was Dwight's size, he wouldn't have been half the C that Dwight is. In his prime, he was all about using his size to get easy 3-5 foot bank shots on each block. His only move was backing down and dipping the shoulder to create space and that's not even a move if you're not 7'1" 350 pounds lol...

KnickaBocka.44
10-04-2012, 12:25 PM
Brook Lopez has the best foot work and post game since Tim Duncan in his prime and Hakeem

Brook Lopez can't be mentioned in the same breath as Hakeem when talking about anything other than training sessions. Just Stop.

Chill_Will_24
10-04-2012, 12:28 PM
I'm not sure when he got mono, but he's never posted at Total Rebound Percentage higher than 15.8. That was his rookie year and he's got worse every year since. I'll throw out this year as he didnt play. And like I said, I do not know when he got mono, but regardless, he has never been a good rebounder.

Just to compare, Chandler hasnt had a season under 17% since his second year in the league.

Contracted Mono the summer before the Melo drama. Ho lost like 20pds from an already skinny frame and was sickly and weak the entire season with a calcium deposit in his arm.

Lopez is NOT a good rebounder. Nobody can claim that he is. I am claiming that he can rebound the ball at least at an average clip. They do not need him to be 12rpg guy to be a good team even though it would definitely help. 8rpg is something he has proven capable of doing.

Also keep in mind that for whatever reason his coaches insist on playing him away from the basket. I disagree with that strategy. It takes away from his rebounding opportunities, makes his FG% worse than it should be, and takes away from possibly his best talents which are in the post. I know the man has a nice stroke for a big man but that does not mean you should play him in the perimeter. Play the man down low where he is dominant.

Jroz
10-04-2012, 12:29 PM

yea and Mani Love is the next Allen Iverson

Chill_Will_24
10-04-2012, 12:38 PM

Its easy to be the best C in the game in your 20's when you have insane physical gifts. So i actually see where Shaq is coming from in that respect. Dwight will not always be the strongest and quickest C in the game. At some point the skilled guys that do not rely merely on physical gifts will catch up to him.

Nash at 38 still going strong and Allen Iverson cant even get a job at a Puerto Rican league.

Impossible to predict but 10 years down the line i can see guys like Gasol and Lopez still going strong because physical gifts are not their bread and butter

Stinkyoutsider
10-04-2012, 12:54 PM
Both Lopez and Bynum are very good players. I think everyone rates Howard so much higher because of his ability to dominate the defensive side of the court and really to do some major damage on offense when he's getting the ball. He might weird looking footwork in the post, but Howard is an automatic double. You can't guard him with just one guy.

IMO, I think Bynum actually gets the better of Howard when they go head to head.

ewmania
10-04-2012, 12:58 PM
wow shaq lol.

if shaq don't think dwight has post moves then his hate is stronger than I thought

ManningToTyree
10-04-2012, 12:58 PM
c'mon shaq. Love him usually, but his hate for Howard is stupid.

Corey
10-04-2012, 01:01 PM
Would have made more sense if he said someone like Al Jefferson.

At least he has some of the best post moves in the NBA.

2-ONE-5
10-04-2012, 03:23 PM
By Israel Gutierrez | ESPN.com
on Brook Lopez

• Big, slow post-up center who almost always turns left shoulder. Good shooter.

• Blocks shots but a bad defender. Can't guard floor spacers at all. Won't rebound.

• Poor passer out of double-teams. Takes bad shots. Too focused on drawing fouls.

Does that sound like the skill set of a center who's ever supposed to dominate his conference?

It's part of the reason why some of the excitement in Brooklyn should be tempered, because the anchor in the middle might just be a liability at times.

JordansBulls
10-04-2012, 04:06 PM
This is just dumb.

Raph12
10-04-2012, 06:16 PM
Shaq has got to be the most insecure top 5-10 player in league history.

Jesse2272
10-04-2012, 06:33 PM
Barkley needs to rediscover his inner-self I recommend long sessions of yoga and meditation

so glad hes not a role model

Avenged
10-04-2012, 08:04 PM

oh.. my.. good....... ness

Shaq has nothing on you, i'll tell you that much.

More-Than-Most
10-04-2012, 08:13 PM
oh.. my.. good....... ness

Shaq has nothing on you, i'll tell you that much.

:laugh:

Man :facepalm:

D2theJ
10-04-2012, 08:27 PM
He definitely just hates Howard lol. But I do think Lopez is the best offensive center in the league and top 5 overall.

xxplayerxx23
10-04-2012, 08:28 PM
Lopez>Hakeem. Ill take Al jeff on offense and overall over Lopez^ Also Bargs (if you still consider him a center) is also better offensivley.

29$JerZ
10-04-2012, 08:30 PM
Al Jefferson is a better post player than Brook

Sssmush
10-04-2012, 08:33 PM
Shaq, aka "The Big Romney"

JordansBulls
10-05-2012, 10:19 PM
Shaq just doesn't like Dwight period.

jmoney85
10-05-2012, 10:36 PM
By Israel Gutierrez | ESPN.com
on Brook Lopez

Big, slow post-up center who almost always turns left shoulder. Good shooter.

Blocks shots but a bad defender. Can't guard floor spacers at all. Won't rebound.

Poor passer out of double-teams. Takes bad shots. Too focused on drawing fouls.

Does that sound like the skill set of a center who's ever supposed to dominate his conference?

It's part of the reason why some of the excitement in Brooklyn should be tempered, because the anchor in the middle might just be a liability at times.

madddddddddddd

Corey
10-05-2012, 11:00 PM
Would have made more sense if he said someone like Al Jefferson.

At least he has some of the best post moves in the NBA.

:nod:

Al Jeff is a beast on the block. Amazing moves.

Black Betsy
10-05-2012, 11:17 PM
shaq is a big dumb ******

Lakers4life08
10-05-2012, 11:51 PM
IF HAD TO CHOOSE ONE PLAYER FROM LAST 30 YEARS TO BUILD AROUND,IT WILL BE Brook Lopez best post moves and best foot work of all time in NBA history

jmoney85
10-06-2012, 12:01 AM
IF HAD TO CHOOSE ONE PLAYER FROM LAST 30 YEARS TO BUILD AROUND,IT WILL BE Brook Lopez best post moves and best foot work of all time in NBA history

50 inch verticle and 4.3 40 speed, and jump shot better than MJ

Jesse2272
10-06-2012, 12:58 AM

Yep

Chill_Will_24
10-06-2012, 03:08 AM
Apparently Phil Jackson doesn't agree with Shaq :laugh2:

http://www.latimes.com/sports/lakersnow/lat-phil-jackson-suggests-shaq-wrong-about-howard-analysis-20121005,0,7800163.story

Randy West
10-06-2012, 04:10 AM
Brook is a good player.

I will tell you right now if LA offered Dwight for Brook straight up New Jersey would accept that deal in a heartbeat.

So whats that say about Brook and Dwight?

amos1er
10-06-2012, 04:33 AM
http://brobuffet.com/2012/10/03/shaq-lopez-d12/

Hey amos1er... That's exactly why u can't use opinions in arguments lol

lol Your argument is the perfect example of a contextomy. :facepalm:

This particular opinion is part of an ongoing grudge between two players. Its clearly obvious that there is an underlying bias in this situation due to a number well documented previous statements made by Shaq. Therefore it is completely out of context and would not pertain to any debates we have had in the past as it is a terrible example. Nice try though.

When I give opinions, I have always given 3 or more of the most credible ones I can find in order to show a consistency to prove my credibility. Also, I don't only use players, I use coaches, analysts, experts, and owners as well. In the case of Kobe and Lebron, I used Lebron's only because Lebron was the subject of the debate. If the person who you are arguing in favor of has already conceded the argument you are now making, than it's a lost cause to debate otherwise. It would be as pointless as you arguing that Japan had a better army than the US in WW2 because in the end they surrendered. It would be the same as you saying that De La Hoya could have beaten Pacquiao despite him throwing in the towel before the start of the ninth round. Lets not also forget that I didn't only use Lebron as an example (though it was by far the most powerful), I used at least 7 other credible opinions to further validate my point. In addition, I have yet to see any of you show me even one credible contrasting opinion.

Can you honestly answer me this...Why should I take the opinions of you and other obvious Kobe haters on this site (who have an obvious bias) over the the many of non-bias opinions of people who are considered to be experts in the field?

amos1er
10-06-2012, 04:42 AM
Yet another example of why using old players opinions to attempt to validate your own is an utter fail.

What about current players. :D

Ugh :facepalm: The argument you are making is very poor and an obvious example of quote mining. Please try again. :rolleyes: Shaq has a massive well documented grudge against Dwight...totally not in the same context as any of the many opinions I have used in the past.

Can you honestly answer me this...Why should I take the opinions of you and other obvious Kobe haters on this site (who have an obvious bias) over the the many of non-bias opinions of people who are considered to be experts in the field?

amos1er
10-06-2012, 05:23 AM
Apparently Phil Jackson doesn't agree with Shaq :laugh2:

http://www.latimes.com/sports/lakersnow/lat-phil-jackson-suggests-shaq-wrong-about-howard-analysis-20121005,0,7800163.story

Sounds to me like Phil wants to come back and coach this team. :pray:

Lakers4life08
10-06-2012, 05:37 AM
Imagine a Hakeem Olajuwon with B.Lopez footwork and post moves......would be best player of all time

ldawg
10-06-2012, 08:14 AM
The nba plays at a faster pace. This is something people do not understand. when you got guys KG,Bosh, Al, Ebaka, D Jordan it makes life hard for traditional centers. While the Big Skill center can bang and post he also can be taken off the dribble or get trap in a high post. If the other team runs he now has to run for impact minutes. This use to kill Yoa Ming. Bynum is like that a little too. Lopez is a little more mobile. I keep telling people this the court has to ends and you have to play both ends. And to play both ends you have to get there quick not half the game. Stats do not tell the story.

superior
10-06-2012, 09:32 AM
shaq put up 10 more points then dwight, and shaq did it on a great fg %. Fact is i would take brook over dwight, i wanted dwight over brook for this team because nets have two 20 point scorers in jj and deron but if i was starting a team it would be brook he is more of a franchise player.

lmao!!!!!!!!!!

Andrew32
10-06-2012, 09:42 AM
Brook is gawd.

Losoway
10-06-2012, 01:46 PM
his whole statement failed when he said robin

He doesnt even know the name of the player he is saying is better

amos1er
10-07-2012, 01:36 AM
:cricket: