PDA

View Full Version : If The Melo, Amare Experiment Fails Terribly What Do You Suppose Should Happen?

MetroMan
10-03-2012, 02:15 PM
if melo and amare fail to co exist. what should be done to this team?

BklynKnicks3
10-03-2012, 02:16 PM
Trade Amare it will no tbe that tough because his contract will be closer to the end. Knicks will win 50 games this year u can book that

abe_froman
10-03-2012, 02:17 PM
what can they do? they dont have amnesty anymore and amare's contract is damn near immovable unless its for trash.so i guess move melo??

Metsboi69
10-03-2012, 02:17 PM
Nothing will be done. They can't trade Amare because of his uninsured contract, and Dolan would refuse to trade Melo. Whispers had the Knicks front office beginning to explore a Melo for Dwill sign and trade, which Dolan immediately squashed.

JasonJohnHorn
10-03-2012, 02:24 PM
Well... I am optimistic about this season, but lets say there is another first-round exit where they simply do not compete... then the team needs to look at what they can do to get better. Trading Amare will be hard, but I'm sure the Nets would tack him (their owner seems willing to spend anythign to win). Now keep in mind, when the Knicks were running the p&r with Felton and Amare, they were winning games. They were over .500. I think if you had simply added Chandler to them, we would have seen an improvement in the team. But adding Melo, it changed up the entire offence. This season, they have Woodson all year, he gets them for training camp, they got Felton, who obviously knows how to play with Amare. I think good things can happen. But if this season is another failure, then I think they need to look at moving personal, and I think Melo is the only piece that they could get something back for. Amare they'd have to give away to a team, and they'd have to find a team that was willing to take him. Melo, he's good enough still and hasn't had any serious injuries that teams will take him and be willing to give something back in return. So, sticking with the Amare/Felton p&r may be their only option.

But, I think this team will imrpove drastically this season. And it's important to remember that both of the last two post seasons saw them seriously shrot of personal due to injury.

JNoel
10-03-2012, 02:27 PM
Relocate to Canada.

NYsFinest
10-03-2012, 02:33 PM
At the end of the year Amar'e only has 2 years left on his contract, and I would be shocked if he doesn't improve on the last year. Worst case scenario, he will be tradeable this summer.

heusy_79
10-03-2012, 02:41 PM
Relocate to Canada.

Canada says no thanks.

LongIslandIcedZ
10-03-2012, 02:47 PM
What a weird question.

What does "fails misrebly" mean

Does it mean if they dont win a championship? If that is the case, than either the Lakers or the Heat or perhaps both are going to "fail misrebly" this year.

The Knicks will move Amar'e if its possible, and if not they will play with him for the next couple years and let him walk. They will continue to build around Melo and Chandler and get the next star player that wants to be a Knick.

What if the Deron/Joe Johnson/Brook Lopez experiment fails misrebly?
What if the Kobe/Nash/Dwight/Pau experiment fails misrebly?
What if the Durant/Harden/Westbrook experiment fails misrebly?

If the Knicks dont win a championship at the end of this, they rebuild. Simple as that.

rapjuicer06
10-03-2012, 02:49 PM
Easy, you don't resign Amare. He has what, 2 years left on his contract?

Da Knicks
10-03-2012, 02:51 PM
They wont fail, championship time in nyc!

nycericanguy
10-03-2012, 02:52 PM
Trade Amare... he'd have 2 years left on his deal and would be 30. JJ at 32 with 4 years left at bigger money was just traded.

I always thought Amare could help a team like IND for instance, or maybe to SAS for one last run for them. Duncan & Amare would be pretty damn good, along side Many & Parker.

There are always surprise teams willing to take salary, who would have thought WSH would take Nene, Okafor & Ariza. Amare is still a much more productive player than any of those 3, and put him alongside Wall he'd probably be a 23 & 9 player again.

Another crazy thought, to DEN. Amare played well with Gallo & Chandler, that would be a great fit for him.

MetroMan
10-03-2012, 02:53 PM
What a weird question.

Does it mean if they dont win a championship?

do not twist my words. By fail miserably I mean (you should know what this means,being a knicks fan) there offense once again is not fluent, they struggle winning games, end up in the 40's winning column, and have a first round exit.

naps
10-03-2012, 02:54 PM
They should consolidate with the Nets and make only one team in NY ;)

uprightciti
10-03-2012, 03:00 PM
so much knicks hate out there

melo and amare will work together like peanut butter and jelly

Felton and Kidd offer vet pg's to both of there preferred star players

and I think that a team would take Amare's contract who has an amnesty available

Sacramento Kings -- --
San Antonio Spurs -- --
Utah Jazz
Oklahoma City Thunder
L.A. Lakers -- --
Memphis Grizzlies -- --
Miami Heat -- --
Milwaukee Bucks
Detroit Pistons
Charlotte Bobcats -- --
Chicago Bulls
Atlanta Hawks -- --
Boston Celtics

There is not a doubt in my mind they can trade Amare to a team with the amnesty available

and

This is the year they can see if it works or if it doesn't

so whatever

LETS GO KNICKS

uprightciti
10-03-2012, 03:03 PM
How about Amare for Diop and Thomas and the rights to swap 2013 picks

TheIlladelph16
10-03-2012, 03:04 PM
Not sure there is anything they really can do in terms of a major move with the salary where it is. Other than move around complimentary and bench players, I don't see much of a change. They invested in this team and now have to live with it until Amare's terrible deal is off the books.

Any Knicks fans convincing themselves that an uninsured contract paying $20 Mil plus to a guy who plays zero defense, declined offensively, and is an injury waiting to happen is movable even with only two years left, are frankly fooling themselves.

LongIslandIcedZ
10-03-2012, 03:05 PM
do not twist my words. By fail miserably I mean (you should know what this means,being a knicks fan) there offense once again is not fluent, they struggle winning games, end up in the 40's winning column, and have a first round exit.

I didnt twist your words. You're words were "fails misrebly." I dont know what the hell that means.

If they suck and only win 40 games, then drastic measures should and will be taken. But I think how they finished last year should be an indication that they are not a 40 win team.

2-ONE-5
10-03-2012, 03:53 PM
they have already failed and will continue to fail again this year, book it

mrblisterdundee
10-03-2012, 04:07 PM
Carmelo Anthony needs to be on a defensive-minded team with a good point guard - same for Amare Stoudemire. They're both just scoring threats to plug in on a team with good defense. They don't move the ball well, they're not good defenders themselves and whoever thought they could work on the same team is delusional. Maybe having a point guard like Jason Kidd will help, but I think he's getting too old to be of real service anymore.

mdm692
10-03-2012, 04:27 PM
How about Amare for Diop and Thomas and the rights to swap 2013 picks

I would say yeah if its unprotected.

mdm692
10-03-2012, 04:35 PM

and I think that a team would take Amare's contract who has an amnesty available

Sacramento Kings -- --
San Antonio Spurs -- --
Utah Jazz
Oklahoma City Thunder
L.A. Lakers -- --
Memphis Grizzlies -- --
Miami Heat -- --
Milwaukee Bucks
Detroit Pistons
Charlotte Bobcats -- --
Chicago Bulls
Atlanta Hawks -- --
Boston Celtics

There is not a doubt in my mind they can trade Amare to a team with the amnesty available

and

so whatever

LETS GO KNICKS
No. Amnesty only applies to players your team had under contract prior to the new CBA being made. Players can not be traded then amnestied. Unfortunately the Knicks already used their amnesty on Billups. I would like to see a "HEALTHY" Amare on the Bulls, perhaps a Boozer and fillers swap for him. The Bulls cap space would be ****ed big time but if Stat can stay healthy that gives the Bulls a huge upgrade on the offensive end and could be the lift they need to get over Miami. If they resign Gibson then you can run Stat at C or PF and cause mismatches.

Stinkyoutsider
10-03-2012, 04:43 PM
If it doesn't work out, there's no other option than trading Melo...

Can't trade Amare because of his continuing back problems. Could have to wait another 2 years until he plays out his contract and walks free.

Lets hope that the Knicks signed some of their supporting players to shorter contracts so these players can be moved? A good thing going for the Knicks though is that marquee players would like to live and play in NY so they've got that to look forward to. Too bad there's a 2nd team in NY now who has an owner who is prepared to spend anything to win...

Fresno
10-03-2012, 05:03 PM

Can't trade Amare because of his continuing back problems. Could have to wait another 2 years until he plays out his contract and walks free.

Lets hope that the Knicks signed some of their supporting players to shorter contracts so these players can be moved? A good thing going for the Knicks though is that marquee players would like to live and play in NY so they've got that to look forward to. Too bad there's a 2nd team in NY now who has an owner who is prepared to spend anything to win...

Too bad there is a salary cap and the Nets are well over it and wont have any cap room for another 4 years. :laugh2:

Gram
10-03-2012, 05:05 PM
The New York Knicks.

KnicksorBust
10-03-2012, 05:07 PM
If they bomb out completely we'd probably try and move Amar'e at all costs.

But that doesn't seem realistic. I can't imagine they miss the playoffs. Amar'e and Melo have both had great offseasons.

Fresno
10-03-2012, 05:07 PM
No. Amnesty only applies to players your team had under contract prior to the new CBA being made. Players can not be traded then amnestied. Unfortunately the Knicks already used their amnesty on Billups. I would like to see a "HEALTHY" Amare on the Bulls, perhaps a Boozer and fillers swap for him. The Bulls cap space would be ****ed big time but if Stat can stay healthy that gives the Bulls a huge upgrade on the offensive end and could be the lift they need to get over Miami. If they resign Gibson then you can run Stat at C or PF and cause mismatches.

Swapping Boozer for Amare isn't what Chicago needs to get over Miami.

They need another legitimate scoring option at SG or SF to compliment Derrick Rose and until they get that they serve as no true competition for Miami's crown in the East.

Fresno
10-03-2012, 05:09 PM
If they bomb out completely we'd probably try and move Amar'e at all costs.

But that doesn't seem realistic. I can't imagine they miss the playoffs. Amar'e and Melo have both had great offseasons.

They wont miss the Playoffs.

netsgiantsyanks
10-03-2012, 05:12 PM
blow it up, duh.

Randy West
10-03-2012, 05:12 PM
When The Melo, Amare Experiment Fails Terribly What Do You Suppose Should Happen?

Trade one of them would be my guess, I am just not sure who would want out and ask out first Melo or Amare?

Melo wanted out in Denver and got it. Amare wanted out in Phoenix and got it.

It's almost like a chicken or the egg question

Fresno
10-03-2012, 05:16 PM
Not sure there is anything they really can do in terms of a major move with the salary where it is. Other than move around complimentary and bench players, I don't see much of a change. They invested in this team and now have to live with it until Amare's terrible deal is off the books.

Any Knicks fans convincing themselves that an uninsured contract paying $20 Mil plus to a guy who plays zero defense, declined offensively, and is an injury waiting to happen is movable even with only two years left, are frankly fooling themselves.

Who are the Knicks going to attract with cap room?

In the midst of them acquiring 2 All-NBA Forwards in Melo & Amare it has almost been forgotten that the Knicks have been a laughingstock for so long. Melo & Amare are trying to change the image of the Knicks on the floor, but James Dolan & Isiah still will be in charge.

If Amare did not sign there in New York to that huge contract the Knicks would have been set back for another 5-10 years.

Jroz
10-03-2012, 05:17 PM
fail miserably is not making the playoffs..in my eyes atleast..if this is the case its pretty obvious they would try to move Stat along with some pieces for a piece of poop on the side of the road. Melo isnt leaving unless he splits in 3 years from now on his own for some reason

edit: and agreed with the post above....I like how people say Dolan is this Dolan is that..well better get used to seeing him around or stop watching the Knicks (for those fans)..he isnt selling them to anyone..why would he give up such a cash cow?..bored of money?

Fresno
10-03-2012, 05:21 PM
When The Melo, Amare Experiment Fails Terribly What Do You Suppose Should Happen?

Trade one of them would be my guess, I am just not sure who would want out and ask out first Melo or Amare?

Melo wanted out in Denver and got it. Amare wanted out in Phoenix and got it.

It's almost like a chicken or the egg question

Amare never wanted out of Phoenix, he just wanted money, and the Suns wouldn't pay him because they knew his decline was coming. Their offer was something between 20-30 Million less than what NY gave him.

Neither guy is going to ask out of New York btw.

When the Melo/Amare/Chandler experiment ends, it will end with all 3 of them going to different teams. There is no way Amare wants to be on a Knicks team without Melo at this point now or Melo without Amare. They can't get it done without each other, and there is no chance of them ever competing in New York by themselves.

Trading Amare would mean Melo opts out in 2014, but gets traded before he can do that.

That would literally seal there fate right there.

ThunderousDemon
10-03-2012, 05:21 PM
What is the OP talking about, doesn't he know that the Knicks are back?

nycericanguy
10-03-2012, 05:26 PM
Amare never wanted out of Phoenix, he just wanted money, and the Suns wouldn't pay him because they knew his decline was coming.

Neither guy is going to ask out of New York.

When the Melo/Amare/Chandler experiment ends, it will end with all 3 of them going to different teams. There is no way Amare wants to be on a Knicks team without Melo at this point now or Melo without Amare. They can't get it done without each other, and there is no chance of them ever competing in New York by themselves.

Trading Amare would mean Melo opts out in 2014, but gets traded before he can do that.

I believe you are very wrong. Melo will be 31 when the contracts of the big 3 end. Melo's game figures to age well, like Pierce. Theres no reason Melo can't perform at an all star type level until he is 36 or so barring injuries. Amare isn't going to want to play with Melo if in 3 years it doesn't work out, and frankly he wouldn't have a choice as NY would probably just no resign him. I think NY will build around Melo, Shump, draft picks and a TON of cap space come 2015.

Chandler & Amare will be 32 by then. I could see Chandler sticking around in a lesser role at less money if he is still somewhat effective. A core of prime Shump, Melo & Chandler plus tons of cap definitely has some potential.

Fresno
10-03-2012, 05:27 PM
fail miserably is not making the playoffs..in my eyes atleast..if this is the case its pretty obvious they would try to move Stat along with some pieces for a piece of poop on the side of the road. Melo isnt leaving unless he splits in 3 years from now on his own for some reason

edit: and agreed with the post above....I like how people say Dolan is this Dolan is that..well better get used to seeing him around or stop watching the Knicks (for those fans)..he isnt selling them to anyone..why would he give up such a cash cow?..bored of money?

But see my post above.

If the Knicks traded Amare, they don't have any chance of being a better team than they currently are with him. Carmelo can't carry this team every single night.

Fresno
10-03-2012, 05:37 PM
I believe you are very wrong. Melo will be 31 when the contracts of the big 3 end. Melo's game figures to age well, like Pierce. Theres no reason Melo can't perform at an all star type level until he is 36 or so barring injuries. I think NY will build around Melo, Shump, draft picks and a TON of cap space come 2015.

Why would Melo stick around in NY?

The purpose is trying to win a Championship now for a lot of these superstar players, if the Knicks fail to do so and sacrifice Amare in the process then their window for a title is closed. Mainly because you know & I know the Knicks wont get a superstar level talent to replace Amare.

What is there left? Raymond Felton? JR Smith? Iman Shumpert? Tyson Chandler?

Those are some solid role players, but where is that going to get them? Thats a 1st Round exit waiting to happen and Melo's legacy continues to take a hit as his counterparts across the league compete for Championships. Not to mention it will take a hit in New York City where the media is even more critical.

Lets just point this stuff out here because I knew someone was going to chime in with the Knicks homer stuff.

Chandler & Amare will be 32 by then. I could see Chandler sticking around if he is still somewhat effective. A core of prime Shump, Melo & Chandler plus tons of cap definitely has some potential.

Potential to do what? Thats a 1st Round exit.

Melo opts out of that and links up with a team needing that missing piece to compete for a Championship. That could be one of the LA teams or even Chicago. We're not talking about Paul Pierce here, Melo wasn't drafted by the Knicks and cut his teeth trying to win for a decade. He came to the Knicks for the hope of him & Amare being able to compete with the Heat's Big 3 for a Championship. If he can't do it he'll bounce just as quick as he came.

Jroz
10-03-2012, 05:45 PM

hah..that was good :D

DeyAce
10-03-2012, 05:46 PM
Trade Melo to the Bulls. For the love of God we need a 2nd star somehow

nycericanguy
10-03-2012, 05:49 PM
Why would Melo stick around in NY?

The purpose is trying to win a Championship now for a lot of these superstar players, if the Knicks fail to do so and sacrifice Amare in the process then their window for a title is closed. Mainly because you know & I know the Knicks wont get a superstar level talent to replace Amare.

What is there left? Raymond Felton? JR Smith? Iman Shumpert? Tyson Chandler?

Those are some solid role players, but where is that going to get them? Thats a 1st Round exit waiting to happen and Melo's legacy continues to take a hit as his counterparts across the league compete for Championships. Not to mention it will take a hit in New York City where the media is even more critical.

Lets just point this stuff out here because I knew someone was going to chime in with the Knicks homer stuff.

Potential to do what? Thats a 1st Round exit.

Melo opts out of that and links up with a team needing that missing piece to compete for a Championship. That could be one of the LA teams or even Chicago. We're not talking about Paul Pierce here, Melo wasn't drafted by the Knicks and cut his teeth trying to win for a decade. He came to the Knicks for the hope of him & Amare being able to compete with the Heat's Big 3 for a Championship. If he can't do it he'll bounce just as quick as he came.

I'm not saying its a given that Melo stays, but if he does NY will build around him. We're talking 3 years down the line here. Knicks have been very good at drafting and aside from the 2014 1st they owe to DEN they have their picks. So its silly to start thinking about who NY can surround Melo with.

And like I said, they would have Melo, Shump, draft picks, Chandler AND a ton of cap. So they could conceivably sign a 2nd star player to join Melo.

Thats one thing NY did right, they gave out contracts that all expire in 2015 with the exception of Novak's $3m.

njnets
10-03-2012, 05:52 PM
option A:

trade amare on the last year of his deal and get some talent from a team that is looking to rebuild.

option B:

blow up the team and start from scratch.

two things that just came to my mind quickly. maybe trade one for another really good player but i dont see that happening.

PlezPlayDKnicks
10-03-2012, 05:56 PM
They should consolidate with the Nets and make only one team in NY ;)

Isn't that the heat blueprint lol... :)

Kashmir13579
10-03-2012, 05:57 PM
Trade 'Melo to some sucker of a team for picks and young studs like Gallo and Wilson Chandler.

PurpleJesus
10-03-2012, 06:11 PM
Trade 'Melo to some sucker of a team for picks and young studs like Gallo and Wilson Chandler.

Boom!

raiderposting
10-03-2012, 06:17 PM
theyll make the playoffs as a 6-8 seed and have a first round exit, amare and melo is a bad combo and kidd and felton at pg is terrible .

PurpleJesus
10-03-2012, 06:23 PM
The Knicks are extremely talented, but as everyone knows, the season will depend on if Melo can share the dam spotlight and ball. Felton was a good addition, losing Landry Fields will hurt though, that guy created a lot of mismatches with his size at the 2.

As New York has been the last couple seasons, they will be boom or bust. Enough talent to be one of the top teams in the league...but the pieces dont fit.

John Walls Era
10-03-2012, 06:25 PM
Be a fan of the better ny team. Seriously Knicks fans are given an out after years of suffering

Kashmir13579
10-03-2012, 06:40 PM
Be a fan of the better ny team. Seriously Knicks fans are given an out after years of suffering

lmfao.. I might actually change teams if i believed this was true. At the end of the day, the moves the Nets made were desperate and won't result in winning a championship any more than NYK.

SINCESTARBURY25
10-03-2012, 06:46 PM
If this happens the best thing to do would be play Borderlands 2. Seeing as its like the best game i have played since Skyrim I think it would help our team in the long run.

GiantsSwaGG
10-03-2012, 06:49 PM

Sacramento Kings -- --
San Antonio Spurs -- --
Utah Jazz
Oklahoma City Thunder
L.A. Lakers -- --
Memphis Grizzlies -- --
Miami Heat -- --
Milwaukee Bucks
Detroit Pistons
Charlotte Bobcats -- --
Chicago Bulls
Atlanta Hawks -- --
Boston Celtics

and

so whatever

LETS GO KNICKS

:laugh: I can't stop laughing at your sig

GiantsSwaGG
10-03-2012, 06:58 PM

:facepalm: it's better than being a Wizards fan

mdm692
10-03-2012, 07:02 PM
Swapping Boozer for Amare isn't what Chicago needs to get over Miami.

They need another legitimate scoring option at SG or SF to compliment Derrick Rose and until they get that they serve as no true competition for Miami's crown in the East.

You seem to forget when Stoudemire is healthy he is a guy that can give you 25ppg 8rpg to go along with whatever Rose and Deng give you. Stat doesn't automatically put them over Miami but it puts things a bit more even.

Bubba313
10-03-2012, 07:21 PM
The Knicks are extremely talented, but as everyone knows, the season will depend on if Melo can share the dam spotlight and ball. Felton was a good addition, losing Landry Fields will hurt though, that guy created a lot of mismatches with his size at the 2.

As New York has been the last couple seasons, they will be boom or bust. Enough talent to be one of the top teams in the league...but the pieces dont fit.

:laugh2:

Please, if you don't watch the Knicks, don't comment on them either.

GiantsSwaGG
10-03-2012, 07:26 PM

:facepalm:

YoungOne
10-03-2012, 07:27 PM

I dont think thats "fail miserably" in new yorks case. more like they miss the playoffs or sth..

WickedBadMan
10-03-2012, 07:29 PM
Whats it matter? All the Knicks can do is put a fun, winning team on the floor. They are going to do that.

They are not one of the 3 teams that can win the title this year, 0% chance. Therefore, this season is not a disappointment if they get bounced early in the playoffs.

TheNumber37
10-03-2012, 07:35 PM
Send Amare to the Bench

BH-Sports
10-03-2012, 07:39 PM
How far Amare has fallen. He is practically a joke now

KnickaBocka.44
10-03-2012, 07:54 PM
^ Amare had one bad season in which he was playing hurt the entire time. He's going to come back strong.

HotMayo
10-03-2012, 08:08 PM
If this fails it proves my point that I try in make in the pistons thread. Defense, low turn over rate, and high field goal percentage shooting wins NBA championships. NOT ALWAYS SUPERSTARS!

LOOK AT THE 2004 PISTONS!

*****Nuggets are stacked just like the 2004 pistons and there going to compete for that Western conference. Book it!

MoisesFTW
10-03-2012, 11:00 PM
what a weird question.

does it mean if they dont win a championship? If that is the case, than either the lakers or the heat or perhaps both are going to "fail misrebly" this year.

The knicks will move amar'e if its possible, and if not they will play with him for the next couple years and let him walk. They will continue to build around melo and chandler and get the next star player that wants to be a knick.

What if the deron/joe johnson/brook lopez experiment fails misrebly?
What if the kobe/nash/dwight/pau experiment fails misrebly?
What if the durant/harden/westbrook experiment fails misrebly?

If the knicks dont win a championship at the end of this, they rebuild. Simple as that.

^^^ this!!! :clap:

KnickNyKnick
10-03-2012, 11:23 PM
atleast if the knicks cant win it in the next 3-4 years it wont be so hard to rebuild this time around. cap heaven in 3 years. wont have to wait a decade due to absurd contracts

WAYNEBO
10-04-2012, 03:01 AM
Useless thread by a master-baiter.

STL Don
10-04-2012, 03:43 AM
I believe in the term "Sky's the limit" for the NY Knicks in the upcoming 2013 season.
They can be just as good as they want to be. It's just a matter of staying healthy and playing together.
I like the idea of Felton starting at point guard once again with Jason Kidd as his backup.
An experienced duo that will do a real good job of getting there teammates open touches.
Iman Shumpert and J.R. Smith are an interesting combo at SG. If Shump can return healthy this year and lead off where he left.. the Knicks are going to be VERY dangerous. He has a very high ceiling, especially on the defensive side.
After performing at a very high level in the Olympics and the pressure of sucess or fail looming around Melo and Stat, I both expect them to put in a lot of effort and potentially both have all star caliber seasons.
With Chandler and now Camby backing him up at center, they should be good to go there.
Ronnie Brewer (defense), Steve Novak (3pt shooting) Kurt Thomas (leadership, experience) Rasheed Wallace (leadership, toughness) should all serve as solid role players as well.

xcrisisx
10-04-2012, 04:07 AM
I believe in the term "Sky's the limit" for the NY Knicks in the upcoming 2013 season.
They can be just as good as they want to be. It's just a matter of staying healthy and playing together.
I like the idea of Felton starting at point guard once again with Jason Kidd as his backup.
An experienced duo that will do a real good job of getting there teammates open touches.
Iman Shumpert and J.R. Smith are an interesting combo at SG. If Shump can return healthy this year and lead off where he left.. the Knicks are going to be VERY dangerous. He has a very high ceiling, especially on the defensive side.
After performing at a very high level in the Olympics and the pressure of sucess or fail looming around Melo and Stat, I both expect them to put in a lot of effort and potentially both have all star caliber seasons.
With Chandler and now Camby backing him up at center, they should be good to go there.
Ronnie Brewer (defense), Steve Novak (3pt shooting) Kurt Thomas (leadership, experience) Rasheed Wallace (leadership, toughness) should all serve as solid role players as well.

especially this. the talent is there, the chemistry isn't. also, they shouldn't be playing better when melo is on the bench:facepalm:

Knicks21
10-04-2012, 04:11 AM
Nothing will be done. They can't trade Amare because of his uninsured contract, and Dolan would refuse to trade Melo. Whispers had the Knicks front office beginning to explore a Melo for Dwill sign and trade, which Dolan immediately squashed.

I thought his contract was insured, which is why the Knicks wont let him play in the olympics or even try out, because that would void his insurance if he got injury participating for USA.

Knicks21
10-04-2012, 04:17 AM

Continuing back problems? I might just label Dwight Howard as well for 'continuing back problems'. Heck even Baron Davis, Martell Webster and Jarred Sulinger.

I can understand why Mark Cuban hates Prokonhov, not just because he didnt get D Will its because people talk like he is the godsend to Basketball.

He is a guy with money, who has to play by the rules, same with everybody else in this league.

BklynKnicks3
10-04-2012, 09:52 AM
In 3 years Melo will only be 31 still close to his prime and Amare will be Gone and Iam sure their will be a better 2nd option or maybe even first wether this current team gets a chip or not we will still have a Very diffrent team in 3 years or maybe even 2. Only people i think will be here is Melo/chandler/shumpert

Ill21
10-04-2012, 10:06 AM

I remember when posting this was funny. Now it's just old.

Cal827
10-04-2012, 10:07 AM
Useless thread by a master-baiter.

That's funny, I don't see my name here :D

But to the point, I agree with the general responses, if they fail they go into rebuild... It's not like they are gonna fold if this fails... as annoying I say some of them are, I will admit that the Knicks fanbase is one of the most loyal in all of sports.

Mr Grim
10-04-2012, 10:16 AM
do not twist my words. By fail miserably I mean (you should know what this means,being a knicks fan) .

says the guy from NY who's a lakers fan and a troll. Front run much?

Dankster
10-04-2012, 11:53 AM
Depends what your definition of "failure" is. It's a bit subjective, but as a Knick fan I'd say anything under a competitive semi-finals appearance would be an absolute disaster. Winning 48-52 games in the regular season should also be a goal of theirs, something I think is quite attainable if injuries don't plague the roster.

John Walls Era
10-04-2012, 12:02 PM
:facepalm: it's better than being a Wizards fan

Im not a diehard wiz fan. BUT no its not. Knicks fans keep getting kicked in the balls after constant optimism. Do you enjoy getting kicked in the balls? Sadly, even the wizards have had way more success than the knicks in the last 6-7 years.

JordansBulls
10-04-2012, 09:42 PM
if melo and amare fail to co exist. what should be done to this team?

Amare is the first to go.