PDA

View Full Version : DID Magic make a Mistake and not trade for Bynum?

ldawg
10-02-2012, 08:41 PM
DID Magic make a Mistake not trading for Bynum? He has put a buzz back on the young Sixers team. If they all stay healthy and continue to to work on their game they should be good. I think Bynum and Davis would have made a good front court. Who would push them around? I know its to late. But its one of those what if.

MetroMan
10-02-2012, 08:42 PM
they should have tried to get iggy and bynum. but hey, what ever sinks there boat

theLgndKllr35
10-02-2012, 08:47 PM
Yes because of his talent. No because of the short-term commitment. Still could have gotten him and flipped him for more than they received.

More-Than-Most
10-02-2012, 08:52 PM
yes because I do not like what they got back..You do not give up the best player and get the worst deal in return. Just horrible.

king4day
10-02-2012, 09:03 PM
they should have tried to get iggy and bynum. but hey, what ever sinks there boat

I don't see Philly trading Iggy without getting a high caliber player in return. Bynum was probably the only thing out there to pry him away from the 6ers

ldawg
10-02-2012, 09:04 PM
Yes because of his talent. No because of the short-term commitment. Still could have gotten him and flipped him for more than they received.I dont think Bynum would have left leaving money behind. Orlando is a very nice city too and i think the fans would have come around once they they decided to move on. Bynum is the best guy to help them get over their loss. What killed Orlando is they blew up everything. Bynum could have slide right in the place of Howard. Its hard to trade a player but Magic took way to long and coaches GM everyone was in the dog house.

Hawkeye15
10-02-2012, 09:10 PM
meh, I voted no. The Magic will suck hard now, instead of being middle of the pack. If your star leaves, may as well rebuild.

Bruno
10-02-2012, 09:14 PM
they made the right decision. Bynum hasn't proved that he's worth a max contract yet; it's been handed to him because of his size. all it takes is one more Bynum injury to make this a no-brainer.

amos1er
10-02-2012, 09:15 PM
Yup, rule of thumb, always trade for the best proven option available. Very foolish of Orlando not to. Ideally, they should have traded for Bynum and 3 first rounders. At least Bynum would have sold tickets while they tank this upcoming season. Honestly, if they were smart, they would have done this last season or at least mid season so that they could have placed higher in this years draft (really deep) and they would have gotten more in terms of picks because they would have had more leverage. Lakers were ready to throw in Gasol if we got back a decent pg in addition to Howard. They were stupid and waited too long. What fools. :pity:

FOXHOUND
meh, I voted no. The Magic will suck hard now, instead of being middle of the pack. If your star leaves, may as well rebuild.

Haha, same for the same reasons.

Also, Bynum would not have stayed in Orlando. He's already going to get doubled like crazy in Philly, and they actually have some talent. If he spent a year getting doubled like crazy with crap around him and a boat load of losses he would have flipped out worse than Dwight.

What they did get was a really nice role player (Afflalo), some nice young players who can develop into really nice role players (Harkless, Vucevic), with one being a center, and a good amount of first and second round picks to further build their supporting cast.

Now, all Orlando needs really is to take that super high lottery pick for the next year or two or three and hope to get All-Star players, like OKC did for three years.

IndyHeatjman
Not really, i think the picks will lead to better outcomes for the Franchise. Bynum is injury prone, plus he's one player. They have the potential to get a good core lineup over the next few years. The Ryan Anderson trade however, very dumb. They had/have cap to keep him, and he had a great season last year.

bucketss
10-02-2012, 09:16 PM
i suspect the lakers gave orlando an under the table deal, orlando went from saying they can't afford being a losing team because they just got renovations in their arena to yeah we'll take afalao and that unnamed scrub

amos1er
10-02-2012, 09:16 PM

Why can't they tank and have gotten Bynum?

ldawg
10-02-2012, 09:17 PM
meh, I voted no. The Magic will suck hard now, instead of being middle of the pack. If your star leaves, may as well rebuild.Quick question. Who do you think will have the better team in 5 years. The team in the middle of the pack or the loto team.? Loto do not mean you are going to be good. It just mean you get a shot at some high potential players. They will have to get the 1st pick and hope that player is not a bust. Remember how sorry Boston was and they traded for older players in Allen and Ray to play with Paul and guess what, they won a ring. How many teams that play the loto got rings? If they had Bynum they were set at center and all they needed to do was get the help. Bobcats has been a loto team for a minute and they still suck. Magic did had some luck with getting stars but now their team have a bad rep that may turn players away.

FOXHOUND
10-02-2012, 09:19 PM
Quick question. Who do you think will have the better team in 5 years. the team in the middle of the pack or the loto team. Loto do not mean you are going to be good. it just mean you get a shot and some high potential players. they will have to get the 1st pick. Remember how sorry Boston was and they traded for older players in Allen and Ray to play with Paul and guess what, they won a ring. How many teams that played the loto got rings?

How many teams stuck in the middle of the pack have won rings? Ask Atlanta what the middle of the pack is like. And they had a few good players, not just Bynum and scrubs.

ldawg
10-02-2012, 09:28 PM
When playing the draft one thing to keep in mind. Players like Lebron, Duncan, Kobe, Shaq, cp3. dont come to often. And sometime the player you should take you pass on just think Detroit pick Darko over Melo.

ldawg
10-02-2012, 09:36 PM
How many teams stuck in the middle of the pack have won rings? Ask Atlanta what the middle of the pack is like. And they had a few good players, not just Bynum and scrubs.How about Mavs, Miami, Spurs, Detriot you can also put in Lakers and Boston who only had 1 star with scrubs. Just saying If you have one good player You can attract other good players but when you got non and you turn into that them no one want to play for then you have trouble keeping players. I agree Atlanta has been stuck at the door but i rather be able to compete than not at all. A team winning below 10 games is BS. If the nba want balance they should look at teams tanking than punish teams trying to to good.

day_gun
10-02-2012, 09:45 PM
I voted no. If they traded for Bynum they would have been stuck in mediocracy instead of getting a top pick, and he could have jumped ship anyway.

ldawg
10-02-2012, 09:47 PM
Just think Sixers are in that spot Magic held a year ago. Now Magic and Bobcats can see eye to eye.

xxplayerxx23
10-02-2012, 09:48 PM
No. Bynum has said he won't resign there, no reason they should take a player that would just leave. Obviously they should of gotten better.

ldawg
10-02-2012, 09:49 PM
Bynum was ok with Magic at first but they took to long and they blew the whole game plan up when they fired the coach and gm.

IndyHeatjman
10-02-2012, 09:52 PM
How about Mavs, Miami, Spurs, Detriot you can also put in Lakers and Boston who only had 1 star with scrubs. Just saying If you have one good player You can attract other good players but when you got non and you turn into that them no one want to play for then you have trouble keeping players. I agree Atlanta has been stuck at the door but i rather be able to compete than not at all. A team winning below 10 games is BS. If the nba want balance they should look at teams tanking than punish teams trying to to good.

This trade dosen't mean they are purposely tanking... and i don't believe teams purposely try not to win. Not saying it has never happened. In this case, they recieved three protected 1st rd picks + more. It was appoved by the NBA. Why would they punish teams for trades they allow? If anything, the executives were lobbying for the trade to get finalized. Blockbusters are $BIG NEWS$

ldawg
10-02-2012, 09:53 PM
they are rebuilding they have no player that is the future they will tank. They will trade everyone there that can be traded for picks or a young player. Its like being in a car race but your car has flat tires.

ldawg
10-02-2012, 10:00 PM
Its a long process so what do you do in the mean time? Its ok if it is out of your control but when you do it on your own?

IndyHeatjman
10-02-2012, 10:05 PM
they are rebuilding they have no player that is the future they will tank. They will trade everyone there that can be traded for picks or a young player. Its like being in a car race but your car has flat tires.

Nelson,Affalo,Turkoglu, Harrington, Pekovic.+Harkless. Those aren't flat tires. They should be able to pick up a star out of three 1st rounders. I know they don't come often. But i doubt they will miss a star three times. And they will have cap to sign someone if the opportunity is there.

ldawg
10-02-2012, 10:06 PM
People keep saying they would be in the middle of the pack. Were they not last season and still wanted to keep Howard? Not sure i see the difference. Bynum is a slight down grade.

ldawg
10-02-2012, 10:08 PM
Nelson,Affalo,Turkoglu, Harrington, Pekovic.+Harkless. Those aren't flat tires. They should be able to pick up a star out of three 1st rounders. I know they don't come often. But i doubt they will miss a star three times. And they will have cap to sign someone if the opportunity is there.They had the player they will be looking for his name was Bynum. So rather than a player up they are a step behind in their quest to rebuild.

IndyHeatjman
10-02-2012, 10:12 PM
They had the player they will be looking for his name was Bynum.

Bynum was obviously not what they were looking for. Thats why that deal didn't go down+ all the other things ive said already. They got a young center to fill the void, affalo and harrington could put up some numbers and they still have nelson and turkoglu. They have a team and not one overrated, injury prone, underacheiver. They also got rid of Major Cap space and the thorn in the *** of the franchise. Not taking away from Howard's skill or talents. Its probably just tought to deal with if you a GM or owner. When your star player wants out, then you send everybody else out as well...the future is all you have to look forward to.

ldawg
10-02-2012, 10:24 PM
Bynum was obviously not what they were looking for. Thats why that deal didn't go down+ all the other things ive said already. They got a young center to fill the void, affalo and harrington could put up some numbers and they still have nelson and turkoglu. They have a team, not one overrated injury prone underacheiver.They have to put a team on the floor so i guess they got one. Not one person expect that group to do anything. Iin the next three years not one of those players will be there. Oh, and they dont have a player that draw 3 defenders or a player someone will say i want to go play with in Orlando. I understand they did not want Bynum. Its the same on passing on a good player in the draft. That is why I ask did they make a mistake. I cant say their team is better off had they had Bynum. Its not saying in 5 years they cant say boy we sure glad we did not trade for Bynum. But as of right now it sure look like they should have.

IndyHeatjman
10-02-2012, 10:36 PM
They have to put a team on the floor so i guess they got one. Not one person expect that group to do anything. Iin the next three years not one of those players will be there. Oh, and they dont have a player that draw 3 defenders or a player someone will say i want to go play with in Orlando. I understand they did not want Bynum. Its the same on passing on a good player in the draft. That is why I ask did they make a mistake. I cant say their team is better off had they had Bynum. Its not saying in 5 years they cant say boy we sure glad we did not trade for Bynum. But as of right now it sure look like they should have.

Your right, they dont have that one player. Now they have a core team and promising future+more picks and young guys are collectively better for their future than Bynum.IMO.

ldawg
10-02-2012, 10:40 PM
Your right, they dont have that one player. Now they have a core team and promising future+more picks and young guys are collectively better for their future than Bynum.IMO.I always thought the key to rebuild is to get the best possible player. How high will the picks they got be again? Its more likely Bynum will have a better career than anyone of them. Bynum is 24 not 34 and Center is one of the hardest position to fill.

Ezio
10-02-2012, 10:56 PM
Let's see what they do with the TPE they got from Howard.

ChongInc.
10-02-2012, 10:59 PM
i suspect the lakers gave orlando an under the table deal, orlando went from saying they can't afford being a losing team because they just got renovations in their arena to yeah we'll take afalao and that unnamed scrub

hmmmmmm.....

IndyHeatjman
10-02-2012, 11:05 PM
I always thought the key to rebuild is to get the best possible player. How high will the picks they got be again? Its more likely Bynum will have a better career than anyone of them. Bynum is 24 not 34 and Center is one of the hardest position to fill.

I believe, dont quote me , but they are all lotto protected. The report i read just said they are "protected" picks. Center is tough spot to fill. They have two young centers to work with. -Cap space, yet still have a team to put on the court. Bynum, to me, needs a supporting cast and had they done the trade for him, they wouldn't have as good of a core and future either.

nickdymez
10-02-2012, 11:05 PM

This

ldawg
10-02-2012, 11:08 PM
Bynum was their man now the hype is in Philly. They are very happy they got him. He was very happy with their welcoming of him. Sixers did not have this buzz since AI. That will spill over to the court. If they keep growing as a team other players will want some of the action. Sixers are in a good place right now. right now they are In the middle of the pack but interesting and will get better with time.

IndyHeatjman
10-02-2012, 11:27 PM
Bynum was their man now the hype is in Philly. They are very happy they got him. He was very happy with their welcoming of him. Sixers did not have this buzz since AI. That will spill over to the court. If they keep growing as a team other players will want some of the action. Sixers are in a good place right now. right now they are In the middle of the pack but interesting and will get better with time.

^The is a signifcant difference between the position the 76ers were in to land Bynum, as apposed to the Magic. Philly has good young guards and wings to put around the big guy. The Magic were just ready to clean house and go in a futuristc direction. Its like having your best player foul out(Howard wants out), and as a coach you know you're screwed and you wanna get the game over with cuz you know you are getting your butt kicked anyway. You want to just go on to the next game with a team and not have to rely on your one guy to carry the team anymore.

Alayla
10-03-2012, 04:09 AM
No they didnt they needed to rebuild and they also didnt need bynum to walk the next year anyways

D.O.N.
10-03-2012, 04:52 AM
They Did. If you trade the best C in the Nba you should get back more than an above average Sg and a few protected picks. Bynum is the #2 center him whit some picks would at least make it somewhat fair... IDK what ORL was thinking

IndyHeatjman
10-03-2012, 05:56 AM
They Did. If you trade the best C in the Nba you should get back more than an above average Sg and a few protected picks. Bynum is the #2 center him whit some picks would at least make it somewhat fair... IDK what ORL was thinking

^they got more than just that. in the bynum trade, they wouldn't have got 3 protected picks. Why everyone minimizing their end of the deal in this trade? I know it was still a bad trade, yet it would've been worse had they went through with deal for Bynum.

Antipod
10-03-2012, 06:17 AM
For the Magics it`s rebuilding mode full speed ! The best way is to start with a "blank" roster

SanPitte
10-03-2012, 06:59 AM
i would have traded Dwight for Bynum and 1st round picks, then trade Bynum mid season for more draft picks
with their own, the Magic would've had about 7 or 8 1st rounders over 2 years

MagicBucsSox
10-03-2012, 07:50 AM
i would have traded Dwight for Bynum and 1st round picks, then trade Bynum mid season for more draft picks
with their own, the Magic would've had about 7 or 8 1st rounders over 2 years

That's one of the most inarticulate posts in awhile.

JasonJohnHorn
10-03-2012, 08:02 AM
I understand that the Magic were hesitant to take Bynum because of his past knee problems, but hindsight may prove them right to not take Bynum on, but that said, he's had a good couple of seasons without any issues and I would have taken the chance on him. At the end of the day the Magic got nothing put a few picks from playoff teams, so they won't even be high picks, and they were protected picks on top of that, so even on the off chance that any of the teams do miss the playoffs, the Magic don't get the picks.

It was a horrible trade for the Magic. Even the Nets were offering more (Lopez, Humphries, Brooks and three picks, that's three starters and three picks, which is a lot more than what they ended up getting). The Magic dropped the ball on this one.

Rockice_8
10-03-2012, 08:27 AM
There were probably about 25 other offers they should have taken. LOL at the Magic ownership.

Rockice_8
10-03-2012, 08:30 AM
For the Magics it`s rebuilding mode full speed ! The best way is to start with a "blank" roster

:facepalm:

Or a top 2 center to build around.

albertajaysfan
10-03-2012, 10:55 AM
Orlando weren't good enough with Howard. Always finishing in the middle of the playoff teams. They had peaked already several years ago when they made it to the finals. How would Bynum alone really change that?

They had become a slightly better version of Atlanta. A playoff lock but losing in the 2nd or 3rd round every year. They needed to make changes and Howard wasn't willing to wait around for it.

In the short term Bynum would have kept them afloat but the longterm outlook I would say is better for the franchise.

Vucevic and Harkless are nice pieces and they have heaps of draft picks over the next several years. They needed to change the dynamic of the team big time anyways. They needed a star to give Howard room to excel and had too many junk contracts to make it possible.

Sure you could argue they waited around too long to make this deal. But having Bynum I think they would be in exactly the same situation they find themselves now. Good but not good enough.

LongWayFromHome
10-03-2012, 11:19 AM
No but they definitely got too little in the deal.

rapjuicer06
10-03-2012, 11:42 AM
There are plenty of reasons as to why taking back Bynum would've been a bad deal for Orlando.

1: Bynum would have left right after the season

2: Orlando gets Bynum, 1st round picks are gone, J-Rich and the other contracts are still there.

3: Bynum just doesn't seem to give a ****. Why build your franchise around a guy who hasn't shown he wants it?

4: Most important one here...They would have prolonged what they should (and did) all along and thats rebuild from ground zero. They had a terrible Cap problem...It's very hard to rebuild with a TERRIBLE cap. Even if Bynum would have chosen to stay, Orlando would have probably been no better than the 4 or 5 seed in the next 5-7 years, and they would have had NO WAY OF GETTING BETTER. That's very key right there. You build teams to win championships, not just to make the playoffs. So then after Bynum is out of his prime, and Orlando still has bad cap problems, they will slowly fade out of the playoffs and have to rebuild anyways around 10 years down the line. Better to rebuild now, than 10 years from now

da ThRONe
10-03-2012, 11:49 AM
I said no. Only because Bynum wasn't staying in Orlando so they'd be in the same situation after this year.

They should have moved him to Houston who would have gave them young talent on rookie contracts and took most of the Magic bad contracts. Instead in a 4 team trade they came away the only losers. Huge losers!

MagicBucsSox
10-03-2012, 12:05 PM
No but they definitely got too little in the deal.

And that's their fault lol? Their cards were dealt. Only real offer was from BK and it was a **** sandwich. actually they got tthe best deal out there because it was the only deal.

All they screwed up on was not getting a young Evan Turner rather than an Affalo but Aaron will be attractive to a contending team and having a 18m TPE and shedding a few crap contracts is better than a Bynum

Munkeysuit
10-03-2012, 12:21 PM
It's so hard to say right now, we've never seen Bynum as the featured option yet, realistically? we've never even seen Bynum play an entire year healthy and at the level we all know he is capable of playing yet.
This is really hard to say because the Magic are in a position where they have flexibility to set themselves up for a real future AND they are rid of the negative backlash Howard's "indecision" was inflicting on the team. Let's watch a few games before even deciding something like this and then come to a conclusion.

Iron24th
10-03-2012, 05:32 PM
I still don't know why orlando waited so long to trade Dwight, to get all the crap they got in return.

Until stern give them the #1 pick next june.

JordansBulls
10-04-2012, 09:44 PM
They should had just traded for Noah/Deng

Dade County
10-04-2012, 09:54 PM
They wanted nothing so they got nothing... If they had the chance to do it over again, they would still come out of it with nothing!!!!!!!!!!

And Bynum might not even resign with the 76ers, fans better not try to hate on him... He will be a free agent!!!! I am tired of the haters!!!

If Bynum takes less and goes to a stack team Soooo WHAT (I think Bynum should play with K Love, or maybe go to portland )!

OP, Bynum would have not stand in Orlando, and every team GM would have had leverage over the Magic, so they still end up with Nothing:)

Bruno
10-04-2012, 09:57 PM
They should had just traded for Noah/Deng

:laugh:

ewing
10-04-2012, 10:01 PM

He maybe a headcase and gotten hurt a couple times but Bynum is also young, super talented, 7'2 and huge. That is a great way to start a rebuild

ldawg
10-04-2012, 10:43 PM
Time will tell. lets look bak in 3 years. Bynum will be in his prime then.

ewing
10-04-2012, 10:47 PM
Time will tell. lets look bak in 3 years. Bynum will be in his prime then.

really

JordansBulls
10-05-2012, 03:04 PM

Then why not trade him to a team where you would get a good pick?

NYYCowboys
10-05-2012, 03:11 PM
The team was plagued by the impending Howard free agency for years. I'm sure the last thing they wanted was to go through the same exact thing again this season with Andrew Bynum, who was no guarantee to resign with them.

MagicBucsSox
10-05-2012, 03:37 PM
Then why not trade him to a team where you would get a good pick?

We are the team with "a good pick", and what "good pick" you getting from Philly Denver or Lal? We got the best picks we could from them bc they only lotto protected, from 3 top 10 teams. Add to that the GM excels picking all over the draft. So imagine if Bynum goes down but Philly still makes the 8th seed, we'd end up with ther 16th pick in that draft.

Orlando took the best deal Dwight didn't f up

Nightmare
10-05-2012, 03:48 PM
[QUOTE=ldawg;23813834]Iin the next three years not one of those players will be there. QUOTE]

What a stupid assumption. How do you know none of the players they traded for won't be there? What do you know about Moe harkless's game and how he will develop? What do you know about Orlando's view on Sophomore Nikola Vucevic?

smith&wesson
10-05-2012, 04:04 PM
they gave up the best player by far and didnt even get the 2nd or 3rd best player involed in the trade :confused:

JordansBulls
10-05-2012, 10:07 PM
:laugh:

What's funny about this?

rsweene
10-08-2012, 04:11 PM
The Magic are dumping talent & some payroll. They knew they would be worse with Bynum. They didn't want to bet on his knees when they werent even going to get back to the finals by trading to Brooklyn/Houston/OKC/Miami or whatever rumor was going around.

They are looking to get as bad as possible and reload through the draft and save money in the short term. They were trading a franchise player for what, Iggy and Bynum? This trade would keep them decent in the short term. It would not get them high draft picks or stockpile valuable assets to trade for another franchise player.

I feel for Orlando fans (and fans of most NBA teams for that matter) they dont get to appreciate complete selfishness and dominance like us Lakers fans get to enjoy!

*Superman*
10-08-2012, 04:26 PM
Not really.

A) He probably would have bolted, what good would that do.

B) He's only had one good season under his belt (which was also shortened). Magic fans know how nagging injuries can deflate your team (Grant Hill). Better option was to start fresh from the draft, suck a couple of years, rather then bank on Bynum to be our savior.

Bramaca
10-08-2012, 04:27 PM
No, Orlando made the right choice. They didn't have the team around Howard to win so there is no reason to go sideways or slightly downhill. Bynum would just hurt the chances of a good rebuild. Clear the slate and start over.

JordansBulls
10-08-2012, 05:38 PM
If they didn't want back salary they should have just kept him to ruin who he could sign with and the money he would be losing just signing with anyone.

xxplayerxx23
10-08-2012, 05:46 PM
Orlando got a **** deal and didn't even get much cap space. They have to hope that they suck and get the number 1 pick this year and maybe a top5 the next year.

ldawg
10-08-2012, 05:54 PM
Orlando got a **** deal and didn't even get much cap space. They have to hope that they suck and get the number 1 pick this year and maybe a top5 the next year.The real question is the player they draft will he be better than Bynum and how much money will it cost to mold that player. If Bynum does indeed break within that time it could be a blessing. Imo he will hold up.

xxplayerxx23
10-08-2012, 07:08 PM
The real question is the player they draft will he be better than Bynum and how much money will it cost to mold that player. If Bynum does indeed break within that time it could be a blessing. Imo he will hold up.

Meh, It doesn't matter because that player will have to stay with the Magic for a couple years. Bynum was going to leave so IMO it wasn't a mistake not getting Bynum but it was a mistake not getting a better deal.

UPRock
10-08-2012, 07:26 PM
Yep Magic should've traded for Bynum. Bynum could've been part of an historic run with the Dodgers and be part of their World Series run, but unfortunately they didn't acquired him.

Vinylman
10-08-2012, 09:43 PM
How many teams stuck in the middle of the pack have won rings? Ask Atlanta what the middle of the pack is like. And they had a few good players, not just Bynum and scrubs.

This is always the argument on here for the Hawks... the reality is they had a top 6 pick in 2004/2005/2006/2007 and only Horford in 2007 was worth a ****... the williams picks sucked.... childress :facepalm: they went the blow it up rebuild mode... it didn't work... they middled the last 4 years... that didn't work...

guess what ... they are blowing it up again...

poor drafting and horrible FA signings killed them ... nothing more nothing less

as for bynum... I would have got more than they did but i would not have wanted bynum

xcrisisx
10-09-2012, 06:35 PM
No, Orlando made the right choice. They didn't have the team around Howard to win so there is no reason to go sideways or slightly downhill. Bynum would just hurt the chances of a good rebuild. Clear the slate and start over.

this makes sence
unless you resign jameer nelson for 3 years at 9 mil a year...

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
10-09-2012, 09:39 PM
Jameer was gonna be on for next year for 8 mill anyway, they gave him 2 more years but the 3rd is not guaranteed.. so they really only added one year to his deal when we will still suck anyway .. he is a fan fav and leader so I can see why they kept him around...

So funny how people act like there were so many better deals out there for us .. there was 2 deals a rockets deal which was reported after that there offer was for much less then ESPN made it seem. They would only give up one of there young players and picks and not take bad contracts...

The nets can be viewed as better if you view paying brook lopez 15 mill a year as better but no magic fan does ...

Sure the trade we got doesn't look pretty but we got rid of players we wanted to we got some expirings ... got a good player at a low contract in afflalo ... I'm looking forward to seeing harkless and I know other magic fans are... with this trade we got picks cap relief expirings and rookies and a big tpe we could use ... can't ask for more then that

Bynum could have been nice but he wouldnt say he would stay for sure so no point In jumping in the same boat as we were with Dwight with a crappier boat.... sure we coulda got him and traded him again at deadline lol but yet again same situation as Dwight ( bynum wouldn't commit to anyone so no one would want to risk it) with a lesser player. And even if we got him Lakers had no picks to give and wouldn't take any bad contracts back.. so it just wasn't good or worth the risk.

If ya look into the trade its not as bad as people make it out to be ... ignorant people like to say how bad magic got raped because they only look at names on a paper and dont see past that. Sure this trade wasnt the best trade we ever could have gotten for Dwight but it was the best out the REAL options we had...not the ones that people make up but the ones that were truly available ...

Besides this trade isn't possible to judge for Orlando yet ... in 2 or 3 years we will see how it turned out for Orlando

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
10-09-2012, 09:41 PM
Double post

StarvingKnick22
10-09-2012, 09:50 PM
Not even a question.

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
10-09-2012, 10:17 PM
Speaking of ignorant people ^^^

WhoAmI-
10-10-2012, 12:03 AM
It's not a mistake if he wasn't planning on committing to the team. Though, the magics could have gotten a way better deal for Dwight.

The Lakers = A great fit for Dwight IMO.

Chill_Will_24
10-10-2012, 02:27 AM
Eh it was the right move

Bynum is too good for them to tank the way they should after trading a guy like Dwight. The Magic will want to suck for a few years. Getting a guy like Bynum or even Lopez does not help that

P Harvy
10-10-2012, 02:32 AM
I'm actually with the minority here who said no. Bynum is an absolute head case. He would have been pissed to go to Orlando. He would have *****ed when they lost and overall it just would have been a pretty bad relationship. Magic were better off going in another direction even though I think they could have got a way better deal not involving Bynum.