PDA

View Full Version : How “New York” are the Yankees? How “Boston” are the Red Sox?

monkeyboy
10-02-2012, 08:14 PM
First I hope this thread does not turn into a bait thread between these two teams.

Can anyone interpret better what the question is asking?

To me it asking how are the Yankees "New Yorkers"? and how the Red Sox "Bostonians" if at all.

Im not a fan of either and have been too both cities only once. So if someone can give me short explanation of what means to be either and if the team relate to that sense of being new yorker or bostonain please do.

Im hoping someone can give some sort answer to this question. The question is part of an essay Im suppose to write. I know Im suppose do my own work but I still cant figure out what it exactly means and my professors aren't helping

It does not have to be these teams it can be the Mets, Phillies, O's or any other team you care about. I just thought seeing how Yankees and Sox are the two most popular franchises in baseball it would get the most responses.

Thanks in advance for anyone willing to help me out.

Jeffy25
10-02-2012, 08:16 PM
To the following posters.

Do NOT make this a fight between the Yankees and Red Sox.

Infractions can happen easily, do not insult each other.

MetsFanatic19
10-02-2012, 08:17 PM
Wrong thread. Whoops!

SenorGato
10-02-2012, 08:39 PM
How "stoned" were you when you conceptualized this thread?

They're both dug pretty deep in each area's culture. Both stadiums, especially Fenway, are hubs for local businesses, and probably more people than there should be identify heavily with those two teams. .

Edit: Maybe I should have read more and learned it's an essay question.

thefeckcampaign
10-02-2012, 08:45 PM
History.

7chuck7
10-02-2012, 09:28 PM
First I hope this thread does not turn into a bait thread between these two teams.

Can anyone interpret better what the question is asking?

To me it asking how are the Yankees "New Yorkers"? and how the Red Sox "Bostonians" if at all.

Im not a fan of either and have been too both cities only once. So if someone can give me short explanation of what means to be either and if the team relate to that sense of being new yorker or bostonain please do.

Im hoping someone can give some sort answer to this question. The question is part of an essay Im suppose to write. I know Im suppose do my own work but I still cant figure out what it exactly means and my professors aren't helping

It does not have to be these teams it can be the Mets, Phillies, O's or any other team you care about. I just thought seeing how Yankees and Sox are the two most popular franchises in baseball it would get the most responses.

Thanks in advance for anyone willing to help me out.

You gotta be high.

jon32
10-02-2012, 09:48 PM
because the guy signin their checks sais so

Nick O
10-02-2012, 09:57 PM
Jason Bay for MVP

gaughan333
10-02-2012, 10:00 PM
boston comes off as a hard working community and their players represent that with pedroia and youk before he left, while new york is more of the glitz and glamor, and their players represent that with arod and jeter

Or if you wanted to take a comedic look at it, boston is full of drunks and so are the red sox

xnick5757
10-02-2012, 10:02 PM
bostonian was about complaining how bad the sox sucked, until they won twice.

now its about chanting yankees suck at games and getting absolutely sfaced

BradHolt4CYoung
10-02-2012, 10:57 PM
Yankees are the worlds most renounced team. People in Europe have probably only heard of one MLB team, and that is the Yankees. Yankee merchandise is popular worldwide. They are imposing, intimidating.

Similar to the actually city of NY. "Big lights, Big City" New Yorks pop culture/hip hop scene has spread worldwide.

The Yankees never stop competing, spending, being in the spotlight. Similar to "The city that Never sleeps"

Boston is a blue collar city. The culture has changed a lot with Bobby V in town imo, but during the Francona era they fit there gritty city perfectly.

YEDN90
10-02-2012, 11:04 PM
...wow...

Ian.
10-02-2012, 11:12 PM
wut?

Pinstripe pride
10-03-2012, 08:17 AM
derek jeter

bagwell368
10-03-2012, 08:51 AM
Yankees are the worlds most renounced team.

Yup. I agree. I renounce them all the time.

The Yankees never stop competing, spending, being in the spotlight. Similar to "The city that Never sleeps"

Really, go look up 1966 and 1967 sometime.

Boston is a blue collar city. The culture has changed a lot with Bobby V in town imo, but during the Francona era they fit there gritty city perfectly.

Nonsense. Boston and its suburbs is one of the wealthiest areas in the country with real estate costs to match. Massachusetts also has the highest ratio of colleges (slots) (by far) compared to all other states in the country. Boston has the best hospitals in the country. In the past 8 years all 4 major Boston sports teams have won titles something no other city can say in that stretch of time. Also Boston has more TV shows based in Boston than any other major city in the US per capita (by far). Must be something besides meat packers and stevedores.

monkeyboy
10-03-2012, 01:56 PM
wut?

...wow...

Jason Bay for MVP

You gotta be high.

How "stoned" were you when you conceptualized this thread?

They're both dug pretty deep in each area's culture. Both stadiums, especially Fenway, are hubs for local businesses, and probably more people than there should be identify heavily with those two teams. .

Edit: Maybe I should have read more and learned it's an essay question.
Im not high I was trying to ask a question hoping that some knowledgeable baseball fans could answer the question but apparently PSD does not have many.