morrison - done
williams - done
oden - done

darko - on the way out
thabeet - on the way out

Hellcrooner
10-02-2012, 12:55 PM
Hasheem Thabeet hands down and Okafor should be there

:confused: A career starter that can provide you 12-15 and 8-10 a night is by no means a bust.

JasonJohnHorn
10-02-2012, 12:57 PM
Jay Williams and Greg Oden get a pass because their respective careers have been slowed due to injury. I don't even know why Okafor is on this list. He is a quality NBA starter and he was drafted second and won rookie of the year. I wouldn't call that a bust. He's a double-double player and a starter in this league. There were some better players than him drafted (Josh Smith, Iggy, Al Jefferson), but he's a still a great player.

Neither is Beasley a bust. H'e proved he is capable of scoring around twenty points in this league with a decent FG%. And teams want this guy. He took a step back last year because Adleman didn't have him as big a part of the offence, but he's still a good player. Again, there were better players drafted after him (Hibbert, Westbrook, Love), but he's still a good player.

That said, there is a case for everybody on the list for being the biggest bust. But Brown is the only number one pick so I'd say he's the biggest.

Swashcuff
10-02-2012, 12:57 PM
:confused: A career starter that can provide you 12-15 and 8-10 a night is by no means a bust.

should not* my bad I'll edit it

JLynn943
10-02-2012, 01:00 PM
It isn't his fault, but sadly, I think it has to be Oden. If he can ever come back, maybe it goes to someone else.

Players like Darko, Kwame, and Okafor are all at least NBA-caliber and can give you solid minutes though.

Showtime Steve
10-02-2012, 01:01 PM
When was the kandi man drafted?

THE MTL
10-02-2012, 01:01 PM
Fail. Beasley was not first overall, it was Derrick Rose.

DARKO MILLIC!

Ultimately I have to go with Darko Millic because of who he was picked in front of. Melo, Wade, Bosh are Top 15 NBA players. And you have former allstars such as Mo Williams, David West, Chris Kaman, and Josh Howard. And then you had guys who had really good seasons and were solid NBA starters like TJ Ford, Kirk Hinrich, Kendrick Perkins, and Leandro Barbosa.

The LIST is just too big.

His expectation was just so high, he fell off the cliff. Darko was supposed to be Dirk.

Sure Thabeet stuggles to find work but his draft was weaker and even at #2 pick, he was projected to be just a simple 10-10-3 NBA center. He wasnt picked ahead of any NBA allstars and only a handleful of guys picked under him have craved out a quality NBA career thus far.

Moe Bigsley
10-02-2012, 01:16 PM
I gave the the nod to Thabeet...for a guy to be a top 3 pick and wind up in the D-league (not once, but TWICE on two different teams) is as bad as it gets IMO

MackSnackWrap
10-02-2012, 01:19 PM
Araujo..

ScottyFresh11
10-02-2012, 01:21 PM
It should be Darko easily. Just look at all the guys drafted right after him and how little he's lived up to that pick. He was viewed as better than Pau and Dirk at the time of the draft. That's so laughable now, he may still be in the league but the Pistons would be a totally different team if they had drafted Wade, Bosh, or Mello.

And Michael Beasly was the #2 overall pick. Rose went #1

jmoney23
10-02-2012, 01:31 PM
Brown was/is servicable in small doses. It's got to be Thabeet. Morrison never really contributed or started, but he never got sent to the D-League twice by two different teams, plus he has a ring (he didn't earn it though)

I would put Araujo and Joe Alexander on the list and remove Beasley and Okafor.

VikingsWin2869
10-02-2012, 01:32 PM
Twolves didn't draft darko....

Hellcrooner
10-02-2012, 01:37 PM
wanna meet some REAL busts? ( im leaving out dudes that had trouble with injury)
Bold for the worst of the worst.

67. Sonny Dove
68 Slip Harlicka
69 Larry Cannon/Bud Odgen
70 Al Henry
71 Ken durrete/ Clarence Glover / Dana Lewis
72 Larue martin / Travis Grant
73 Kevin Joyce / Raymond Lewis
74 marvin Barnes / MIke Sojourner
75 Gene Short / Bob Bigelow
76 Scott May / Norm Cook
77 Tom Lagarde / Rich laurel / Glenn Mosley
78 Butch Lee / Rod Griffin
79 Roy Hamilton / lee Johnson / Lrry Knight
80 James Ray / Monty Davis
81 Al wood / Jeff Lamp / Jevin Loder
82 Bill Garnett / Keith Edmonson
83 Russel Cross / howard Carter / Leo Rautins
84 Mel Turpin ( yeah people focuse to much on bowie and ignore this huge screw up)
85 Kenny Green
86 Chris Washburn /William bedford/ walter berry /Maurice Martin / ken barlow
87 Piculin Ortiz / ROnny Murphy
88 Will Perdue
89 Pervis ellison / Randy White
90 Bo Kimbell/ Dave Jamison
91 Doug Smith / Rich King
92 Todd Day / Harold Miner / Randy Woods
93 Shawn Bradley/ Scott Hasting / luther Wright
94 Sharon Wright / YInka Dare
95 Shawn Respert / ed Obannon

Who? Exactly :rolleyes: some of them didnt even last a full season in their teams.

and now for the Modern Era

96 Fuller / Jones / Rentzias
97 Ron Mercer / Tariq Abdul Wahad
98 olowokandi / Turksan
99 Radojevic
00 Jerome Moiso
01 Joe Forte / Kedrick Brown
02 Thikisvilli / Haislip
03 Sweetney / Troy Bell / ndubi ebi
04 Araujo/ Lucke Jackson / Podkolzin
05 Diogu / Fran Vazquez / Korolev
06 Morrison / Patrick Obryan / Sene
07 Yi

08 onwards is early to tell, some of the ones that are busts right now may turn it around.

charlies_angels
10-02-2012, 01:39 PM
I would go for Kwame brown because he is really useless.

Hellcrooner
10-02-2012, 01:42 PM
I would go for Kwame brown because he is really useless.

yet here he is loggin minutes for his 11th season right now.

D-Leethal
10-02-2012, 01:59 PM
I think the people drafted directly after should determine. Considering 3 of the better players the past 8 years went 3,4,5 after Darko's 2, I'm going with Darko.

Hellcrooner
10-02-2012, 02:05 PM
I think the people drafted directly after should determine. Considering 3 of the better players the past 8 years went 3,4,5 after Darko's 2, I'm going with Darko.

that determines a draft MISTAKE not a Bust.

uprightciti
10-02-2012, 02:12 PM
how do i revise this poll?

smith&wesson
10-02-2012, 02:20 PM
arujo

29$JerZ
10-02-2012, 02:32 PM
Beasly has been a bust for what he was projected to become.
Already has been on 3 teams.

Hasheem is the biggest bust imo. At least Darko is somewhat serviceable and still employed.

EDUTEXANS
10-02-2012, 02:33 PM
Milicic for me, because he was drafted in an amazing draft, I mean he wsa drafted ahead od Bosh, Wade, Melo and Kaman. Other players were drafted in some weak drafts. You could argue about Odem ahead of Durant, but if it wasn't for his injuries he would be a top-3 center in the league. Too bad Rafael Araujo coudn't stick in the league, but he was only a 8th pick. He played well here after he came back in 2009 I guess.

topdog
10-02-2012, 02:36 PM
It's AMMO for me. The 'Stache doesn't have the athleticism to play defense and has been far from awesome on offense. Thabeet is just to soon to tell and at least has the physical attributes to become a rotation player.

TylerSL
10-02-2012, 02:37 PM
Tabeet easy. He can barely find a job.

Lakerfan In NY
10-02-2012, 03:47 PM
Adam Morrsion. Had a good college career that didn't transfer over. Kwame is at least serviceable.

Losoway
10-02-2012, 03:52 PM
by far darko millic

in a LOADED DRAFT probably the best draft ever since the golden age of the nba...and they pick up DARKO

PleaseBeNice
10-02-2012, 03:57 PM
has to be oden. at least kwame is still playing

LAKERMANIA
10-02-2012, 04:07 PM
I picked Darko mainly because the Pistons could have selected so many other players in such a deep draft... :facepalm:

Baller1
10-02-2012, 05:53 PM
Oden and Darko are by far the worst, considering who was taken after them.

Behind Darko you had Wade, Melo, AND Bosh go behind him. And then Durant was taken after Oden... That's brutal.

abe_froman
10-02-2012, 06:02 PM
thabeet,the rest of the list either were fell by injury or actually had a(disappointing) nba career.right before evans,harden,rubio

theheatles
10-02-2012, 06:50 PM
Thabeet and it's not close at all...the other guys at least made a career barring injury

JasonJohnHorn
10-02-2012, 07:00 PM
wanna meet some REAL busts? ( im leaving out dudes that had trouble with injury)
Bold for the worst of the worst.

67. Sonny Dove
68 Slip Harlicka
69 Larry Cannon/Bud Odgen
70 Al Henry
71 Ken durrete/ Clarence Glover / Dana Lewis
72 Larue martin / Travis Grant
73 Kevin Joyce / Raymond Lewis
74 marvin Barnes / MIke Sojourner
75 Gene Short / Bob Bigelow
76 Scott May / Norm Cook
77 Tom Lagarde / Rich laurel / Glenn Mosley
78 Butch Lee / Rod Griffin
79 Roy Hamilton / lee Johnson / Lrry Knight
80 James Ray / Monty Davis
81 Al wood / Jeff Lamp / Jevin Loder
82 Bill Garnett / Keith Edmonson
83 Russel Cross / howard Carter / Leo Rautins
84 Mel Turpin ( yeah people focuse to much on bowie and ignore this huge screw up)
85 Kenny Green
86 Chris Washburn /William bedford/ walter berry /Maurice Martin / ken barlow
87 Piculin Ortiz / ROnny Murphy
88 Will Perdue
89 Pervis ellison / Randy White
90 Bo Kimbell/ Dave Jamison
91 Doug Smith / Rich King
92 Todd Day / Harold Miner / Randy Woods
93 Shawn Bradley/ Scott Hasting / luther Wright
94 Sharon Wright / YInka Dare
95 Shawn Respert / ed Obannon

Who? Exactly :rolleyes: some of them didnt even last a full season in their teams.

and now for the Modern Era

96 Fuller / Jones / Rentzias
97 Ron Mercer / Tariq Abdul Wahad
98 olowokandi / Turksan
99 Radojevic
00 Jerome Moiso
01 Joe Forte / Kedrick Brown
02 Thikisvilli / Haislip
03 Sweetney / Troy Bell / ndubi ebi
04 Araujo/ Lucke Jackson / Podkolzin
05 Diogu / Fran Vazquez / Korolev
06 Morrison / Patrick Obryan / Sene
07 Yi

08 onwards is early to tell, some of the ones that are busts right now may turn it around.

Never Nervous Pervis? He posted a 20-10 season? And then had problems with injuries? Why is he a bust? And Shawn Bradley wasn't really a bust, he was just drafted to high. He was a gamble because of his size. And there are a bunch of guys you listed who were picked after 10th overall... guys picked that late, I wouldn't rank among big busts because frankly, nearly half of the first round picks each seasons aren't even in the league after five years. And some of them are just bad picks. Like Shawn Respert? Portland was just dumb for picking him. He was a 6'1 shooting guard. Obviously that's not going to work out to well.

KnicksorBust
10-02-2012, 07:21 PM
Am I the only one who has a problem labeling players "busts" whose careers were derailed by injuries?

mike_noodles
10-02-2012, 07:24 PM
I took Morrison. Thabeet may end up being a serviceable player yet. Oden and Williams played decent enough when they were healthy. Okafor is a good NBA player but poor value for his contract.

Funny that people still bring up Araujo when there were higher picks in better draft years that didn't stay in the league as long as him.

kobebabe
10-02-2012, 10:28 PM
Thabeet wins by a landslide!

kobebabe
10-02-2012, 10:30 PM
To call a player a bust when they actually were slowed by injuries if not completly halted (aka jayson Williams) is not fair. we never got to see just how good those guys could have turned out

wordup45
10-02-2012, 10:40 PM
Beasley is not a bust. Had some okay years but averaged 19 a game or something for Minny once right?

topdog
10-02-2012, 10:53 PM
Beasley is not a bust. Had some okay years but averaged 19 a game or something for Minny once right?

Mike James averaged 20 in Toronto. Ricky Davis averaged 20 for Cleveland. Do points equate to quality players? Mmmmm... doubtful! :p

I really don't see how this isn't AMMO by a landslide. His best PER was 7.9 and his best FG% was 37.6% and 33.7% on 3s. He only produced positive win shares once: 0.1

I think it's silly to qualify the level of bust based on how players selected after perfrom, but I will list those players selected behind AMMO anyway: Brandon Roy, Rudy Gay, Rajon Rondo, Kyle Lowry, and Paul Millsap.

STL Don
10-02-2012, 11:06 PM
Okafor has been solid thus' far in his career.
Not necessarily the superstar the Bobcats were hoping to get but you can blame that in part due to injuries. Marvin Williams and Beasley haven't been all that bad as well... at least not in comparison to rest mentioned.

I'd go with Oden.

rex.reyesiii
10-02-2012, 11:15 PM
Too early for thabeet or for those drafted @2009. maybe next year. :P

Oden gets my vote, so much potential, too bad he was always injured... then KD came in after him.

Sadds The Gr8
10-02-2012, 11:15 PM
either Kwame or Beasley. I don't know how Thabeet is leading the poll...I thought everyone thought he was a terrible pick and would be garbage. It was almost a given.

I really thought Beasley would be great...like top 5 player in the league potential. Big time dissapointment.

Lakers + Giants
10-02-2012, 11:56 PM
IMO it's Oden, easily.

QueensG_718
10-02-2012, 11:58 PM
Ron mercer from kentucky. He was a beast in college and just fell off. Him and odem from tye trailblazers.

QueensG_718
10-03-2012, 12:01 AM
The* oden*

ichitownclowni
10-03-2012, 12:11 AM
Stephen Smith would say..........................................KWAME BROWN

PurpleJesus
10-03-2012, 12:20 AM
I am actually surprised Darko Milicic has received as many votes as he has...sure he is a bust, but I think the media and fans over play how much of a bust he is. He has found a way to stay in the league, and get some playing time...the same cannot be said for the likes of Adam Morrison and Hasheem Thabeet.

koreancabbage
10-03-2012, 12:20 AM
Oden. or Jay Williams.

not a bust on the court but b/c they were supposed franchise players who aren't even on a single franchise to date.

--23--
10-03-2012, 12:31 AM
Oden

John Walls Era
10-03-2012, 12:41 AM
Rafael araujo.

But he is nothing compared to Russell Cross

hater

THE MTL
10-03-2012, 12:55 AM
I am actually surprised Darko Milicic has received as many votes as he has...sure he is a bust, but I think the media and fans over play how much of a bust he is. He has found a way to stay in the league, and get some playing time...the same cannot be said for the likes of Adam Morrison and Hasheem Thabeet.

It doesnt matter look at who he was picked in front of. He should have been BETTER than every player picked after him and he cannot hold Melo, Wade, Bosh, Howard, Ford, Hinrich, Williams, Kaman, Pietrius, Ridnour's jockstraps.

Thabeet's draft was weaker and look at it this way.....if Thabeet was in 2003 draft class he would have NEVER gone #2, he would have probi been picked around #10.

Also #2 pick in the 2009 is not the same as #2 pick in 2003. That class was weak and Thabeet even at #2 was never projected to be an NBA allstar, just a simple 10-10-3 center at MOST. Millic should have been Dirk. Millic would have went #1 in 2009 draft class. Millic's potential to what he actually is now-a-days is like someone fallling down Mt. Everest.

mightybosstone
10-03-2012, 12:57 AM
I realize Oden dealt with injury issues, which makes it seem unfair to vote for him. But I still think he has to be the answer here. He was perhaps the most highly touted prospect coming into the NBA since Lebron James and heralded as the next great NBA center. Instead, he has amounted to nothing more than a cautionary tale.

You can rip Kwame, Darko, Beasley, Okafor and Williams, but at least they become serviceable NBA players who can earn a spot in a rotation. Oden can't even stay healthy long enough to wear a jersey and sit on a bench.

He seems like a nice guy, and had he stayed healthy, he probably would have been (at the very least) an above average NBA center. But he didn't. And the guy picked behind him has dominated the league like nobody other than Lebron James over the past decade and is already in MVP discussions at age 24.

The sad thing is that people draw comparisons between Oden and Bowie, but at least Bowie played a few healthy seasons in the league and was a halfway decent player for about a decade. Oden hasn't even played in a fifth of the number of games Bowie has, and he probably never will.

mightybosstone
10-03-2012, 01:01 AM
Also, I realize why people would vote Thabeet, but expectations for him were never as high as they were for Oden. At best, people thought he could be a poor man's Dikembe Mutombo or a rich man's Manute Bol. Oden was supposed to be the next great NBA center and a bona fide superstar.

NYKNYGNYY
10-03-2012, 01:14 AM
Gotta be darko just for the fact they missed out on wade melo bosh ... Iden is number 2 culda had durant ...I would be smacking myself for that

MetroMan
10-03-2012, 01:37 AM
Oden. guy is a ghost

STL Don
10-03-2012, 01:39 AM
Some other big draft busts since 2000-

2000-
#2 pick: Stromile Swift, PF/C. Grizzlies
#3 pick: Darius Miles, SF. Clippers

2001-
#4 pick: Eddy Curry, C. Bulls (Had a few solid years offensively but never came close to reaching his potential)
#8 pick: DeSegana Diop, C. Cavaliers

2004-
#4 pick: Shaun Livingston, PG. Clippers (If you're going to throw in players with injuries)
#10 pick: Luke Jackson, SF. Cavaliers (how did he even get drafted:puke:)

2005-
#6 pick: Martell Webster, SF. Trail Blazers - Always thought he was going to be an allstar caliber player
#7 pick: Charlie Villanueva, PF. Raptors - Don't care what anyone says, have never liked him
#8 pick: Channing Frye, PF/C. Knicks
#9 pick: Ike Diogu, PF. Warriors
Reasoning - Andrew Bynum being selected 10th.
Sean May, Rashad McCants & Gerald Green(up until last yr) had never reached their hyped up potential either.

2006-
#1 pick: Bargnani- Not exactly a bust but nowhere near the player a lot of people thought he'd become by now..
#4 pick: Tyrus Thomas, PF. Bulls - One of my favorite college players of all time, it's a shame he never was able to translate his game
#5 pick: Shelden Williams, PF/C. Atlanta - Best center coming out of college, another one who I thought was going to be much more productive.

2007-
#6 pick: Yi JianLian, SF. Milwaukee - Supposed to be the next big thing out of China.....never exactly panned out, I remember he was complaing about being drafted to the Bucks, what nerve..
#8 pick: Brandon Wright, PF. Warriors
#13 pick: Julian Wright, SF. Hornets - Hopefully Kidd-Ghilchrist has better fortune
#14 pick: Al Thornton - Am I the only one who thought he'd be starting at some point?

2008-
#8 pick: Joe Alexander, SF/PF. Bucks
#14 pick: Anthony Randolph, PF. Warriors

2009-
#6 pick- Jonny Flynn, PG. Timberwolves

2010-
#4 pick: Wesley Johnson, SG. Timberwolves

naps
10-03-2012, 01:57 AM
Since Oden has always been injured and couldn't really get a chance to prove himself I'll give him a pass. So for me personally it's Michael Beasley. He had one of monstrous freshman years in college basketball history. I had big expectations from him coming out of college.

saints.raptors
10-03-2012, 04:28 AM
Does anyone know what a bust is? Not someone who has their career ended early due to injury, not someone who has been on an nba roster for longer then their rookie deal and especially not because they were expected to be better or they were drafted above better players. also anyone who was drafted within the last couple years can't be a bust. They could still develop their game.

mightybosstone
10-03-2012, 11:08 AM
#8 pick: Channing Frye, PF/C. Knicks
#1 pick: Bargnani- Not exactly a bust but nowhere near the player a lot of people thought he'd become by now..
#13 pick: Julian Wright, SF. Hornets - Hopefully Kidd-Ghilchrist has better fortune
#14 pick: Al Thornton - Am I the only one who thought he'd be starting at some point?
#14 pick: Anthony Randolph, PF. Warriors
I agree with most of the players on your list, but not with these players. Frye was only the 8th pick and has had a decent career as a slightly below average starter on some decent Suns teams. And there was no telling what Bynum would become at the time, which is why a team like Phoenix couldn't take a chance on a kid out of high school when they were regularly contenders at the time.

Bargs wasn't the greatest No. 1 pick, but I don't think that "bust" is a fair assessment either. 2006 was a pretty weak draft when you consider that only three players in the top 10 are still legit NBA contributors at this point (Bargs, Aldridge, Gay). And I also think it's kind of unfair to call guys taken 13th and 14th as "busts." Unless you're in an insanely deep draft, picks in that range are a complete crapshoot.

LongWayFromHome
10-03-2012, 11:08 AM
Oden. or Jay Williams.

not a bust on the court but b/c they were supposed franchise players who aren't even on a single franchise to date.

Jay Williams was actually healthy for his rookie season. He was not impressive at all.

Tysons_Beard
10-03-2012, 12:32 PM
why is my du emeka on the list yall

Alayla
10-03-2012, 03:03 PM
Adam Morrison sticks out to me

Yabaecip
11-01-2012, 03:34 AM
Definitely Morrison, but he did win two rings. Hopefully the Bobcats can catch a brake with Kidd-Gilchrist.

ewmania
11-01-2012, 03:45 AM
oden... because people actually thought he was the new shaq or sumthing lol

DreamShaker
11-01-2012, 04:02 AM
Williams was in a freak accident and Oden just had injuries, they actually looked talented when playing. Thabeet is on the Thunder and might actually revive his career, to at least a decent backup. That being said...Morrison fits the bill to me. He had "next Larry Bird". He had no major injuries, and was out of the NBA by his mid-20s. Only guy on the list who busted for pure lack of skill. I mean ANY skill.

DreamShaker
11-01-2012, 04:04 AM
oden... because people actually thought he was the new shaq or sumthing lol

I will never forget him sitting in a room full of HOF centers with them gushing about him. Do weird to look back on.

N3TS
11-01-2012, 04:21 AM
I think either Marvin Williams or Darko Milicic, just because the players taken after them were so outstanding and their draft classes were so strong. I don't judge players from careers that were cut short due to injuries as I don't think its fair as no one can predict some freak injuries like Greg Oden or Jay Williams.

cg_la00
11-01-2012, 04:23 AM
oden for sure, his injuries make him a bust...imagine how good portland would have been if they had oden injury free :speechless:

cg_la00
11-01-2012, 04:24 AM
Williams was in a freak accident and Oden just had injuries, they actually looked talented when playing. Thabeet is on the Thunder and might actually revive his career, to at least a decent backup. That being said...Morrison fits the bill to me. He had "next Larry Bird". He had no major injuries, and was out of the NBA by his mid-20s. Only guy on the list who busted for pure lack of skill. I mean ANY skill.

uuhhh, what about that major injury he got during his rookie year? :eyebrow:

DanG
11-01-2012, 08:36 AM
Kwame.

Im_in_Mia_bish
11-01-2012, 09:30 AM
between KWAMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

and

greg oden, who was getting 8 million last year and getting treated by his team for free.
thats boss.