PDA

View Full Version : Make your predictions for next season here

canefandynasty
10-02-2012, 12:20 AM
OK. Cabs is holding down the MVP after he wins that Triple Crown this season, but I see Trout winning it next season. I can see him having a 8+ fWAR & rWAR rate. Also, watch out for my man Votto next season. He's a walk machine, but he has to lessen the walks, and up the HRs a little bit. The NL is going to be stacked next season. Guys like Matt Kemp and Carlos Gonzalez that flew under the radar this season will be MVP candidates next season. Even Tulowitzki (although he's a little overrated. He's like the NL version of Longoria) will be a TOP 15 NL player next season.

3Bs like Wright, Headley and Aramis did they thing this season, but I don't see the carryover onto next season. Braun is a beast, PED or not. Look for him to have another 30-30 season. Let's not forget our NL catchers, Carlos Ruiz, Yadier Molina and Buster Posey are all having TOP 10 seasons. Look for Bautista to rebound. I think he hits 35+ next season. I'm an NL guy though, so imma focus on that end. Stacked with great talent, here's how I think the best players in the NL will play out for next season:

1. Stanton (Will have a 50+ HR/1.000+ OPS season with elite defense. He just needs to stay healthy)
2. Posey (.330-25-100 guy with great defense)
3. Votto (OBP machine who plays good defense)
4. Kemp (he will have a bounce back year most definitely. I think he could be the best player in the league if can also stay healthy)
5. Braun (his defense was actually good this season, but I'm not a believer yet. His fWAR rate will be slightly lower next season. .315-30-30 guy though)

All of these 5 players alone can challenge Trout for the best player in the world IMO, and all are capable of an 7+ fWAR/rWAR rate. We haven't seen this collection of elite all-around 5-tool talent since the steroid era. Then you got these guys...

Tulo (Another TOP 10 caliber player, but needs to stay healthy)
CarGo (home/road splits aren't impressive, but is another 5-tooler on paper)
Upton (he has had erratic seasons, but yet another player with 5-tool potential)
Heyward (TOP 20 player this season, and is only getting better...needs to find his hitting/ 5-tool potential)
Headley (impressive season, but I dunno if he repeats)
Wright (same)
McCutchen (this guys just keeps getting better and better. The future is very bright for him, but his defense is kinda doodoo right now if you check his UZR. shiiii...he makes Miggy Cabs look like Brooks Robinson)

I've got many more that I didn't name (Y. Molina - best individual defender in the league, Carlos Ruiz - Phillies MVP, etc///) but once they integrate it'll be interesting to see how the players adjust.

And I ain't even get to the pitchers yet....sheesh

10-02-2012, 12:28 AM
Yankees win the World Series.

The end.

sexicano31
10-02-2012, 12:30 AM
Ryan Howard has 10000 RBI and wins MVPOAT(Most Valuable Player of All Time)

Mr. LA
10-02-2012, 12:42 AM
Kershaw wins his 3rd consecutive Cy Young
Kemp returns to his throne as the best player in baseball
Dodgers win the NL West and then win the World Series

10-02-2012, 12:52 AM

He said predictions not fantasies. Read the thread title before posting.

d79cheese
10-02-2012, 12:54 AM

all while going 163-0 and the rest of the league not showing up for the playoffs

ahoda
10-02-2012, 07:56 AM
Miggy and Trout both retire from baseball and create a Sarcastiball team where they lead the league in compliments, hugs, kisses, and whisper sweet nothings into opposition players ears.

Pinstripe pride
10-02-2012, 08:42 AM
Yankees win the World Series.

The end.

works for me

mgsports
10-02-2012, 09:03 AM
Yankees the worst record in Baseball.

SenorGato
10-02-2012, 09:11 AM
all while going 163-0 and the rest of the league not showing up for the playoffs

Their payroll is way too high and their farm system is way too low for this to be realistic.

The Cubs continue the quest for 2525 with another tanked season. They clone David DeJesus and Paul Maholm to sign both as FAs, as those are the only two FAs the heavens will allow them to sign as they build The Right, Passive Way.

jej
10-02-2012, 09:34 AM
John Stamos wins the CY Young

Nick O
10-02-2012, 09:51 AM
Jason bay leaves the Mets and forms his own team where he plays every position. he goes undefeated and wins every award

PhillyBronco08
10-02-2012, 10:21 AM
the boston red sox go back to drinking and eating chicken in their clubhouse

Nomar
10-02-2012, 10:37 AM
Quote me on this. Trout will never have a season this good for the rest of his career.

benzni
10-02-2012, 10:52 AM
Astros win the wild card

Wandy wins MVP but not the cy young ( Billingsly)

Astros def. the Jays in the WS with Ricky Romero balking home the winning run in the 4th game in the 6th inning.

carljam1
10-02-2012, 10:58 AM
Astros win the wild card

Astros def. the Jays in the WS with Ricky Romero balking home the winning run in the 4th game in the 6th inning.

This was so outlandish it hurt my brain :confused:

RA Dickey throws 4 perfect games, hits 50 home runs, steal 50 bases, and cures the common cold.

benzni
10-02-2012, 11:02 AM
NL & AL

Cy young: Chad Billingsly, Phil Hughes

MVP: Wandy Rodriguez, Alex Avila

Most improved player: Melky Cabrera, Mike Moustakas

best manager: Dusty Baker, Manny Acta's replacement in Cleveland

Gold Glove: Sandoval, Lawrie

Silver Slugger: who cares really

worst team in baseball.....
- Cubbies

Pirates..... 79-83 another losing season

Yankees90.
10-02-2012, 11:09 AM
The MLB will move the Oaklands A's to Montreal, and the Tampa Bay Rays to Mexico City, Mexico. Thus, giving us 3 countries that participate in the MLB, adding SOME validity to the name "World Series." This gives Mexico City a bit of a rise in there economy, and slowly begins the dismantling of the drug cartels. More money, more security, more jobs, less interest in the drug business, more interest in the MLB.

Then, since the Yankees are going to beat the Dodgers in 7 games in this years World Series, McKayla officially becomes a Yankee at the beginning of the 2013 season :D :D
This will lead to an extreme boost in revenue for the Yankees, as well as sold out seats to all 81 home games. Not a chance of getting tickets if you don't reserve them before the season starts. Higher payroll, more superstars, more Yankee hate :)

Mike Trout will eventually reveal he is Chuck Norris in disguise, thus explaining his performances.

The Astros will make the playoffs. Derek Jeter gets exacly 956 hits to beat Pete Rose all-time record.

A-Rod hits 1500 hr's and 15,678 RBI's and puts baseball stats to sleep forever. Then realizes he has 12 different STD's and has 3 months to live. What a way to go out. They officially name it the A-Rod disease. He will stand behind home plate at Yankee Stadium stating "Today, I consider myself, the horniest man, on the face of the Earth."

Barry Bonds comes back and hits 100 homers.

R.A. Dickey wins 30 games, and Jason Bay hits .300.

The Red Sox win 3 games.

Yankees go 162-0 and 11-0 in the playoffs.

10-02-2012, 11:27 AM
I guess I should do award predictions also.

AL MVP: Brett Gardner
AL Cy Young: Micheal Pineda
AL ROY: Dante Bichette Jr
AL Manager: Micheal Kay
AL Most Improved: Derek Jeter

NL MVP: Melky Cabrera
NL Cy Young: Barry Zito
NL ROY: Mike Trout (he can win it twice in both leagues)
NL Manager: Steve Phillips
NL Most Improved: Buster Posey

Nomar
10-02-2012, 11:47 AM
NL & AL

- Cubbies

I bet you $1000 none of those things happen. The most realistic is Lawrie, but his defensive value is due to his range, and still makes a god amount of errors.

Hughes, Wandy Rodriguez, and Alex Avila predictions i have no clue how to respond to. If they do come true, youre a genius.

sexicano31
10-02-2012, 11:52 AM
Quote me on this. Trout will never have a season this good for the rest of his career.

Thats not some kind of radical thinking

CeltBruinSoxFan
10-02-2012, 12:18 PM
The MLB will move the Oaklands A's to Montreal, and the Tampa Bay Rays to Mexico City, Mexico. Thus, giving us 3 countries that participate in the MLB, adding SOME validity to the name "World Series." This gives Mexico City a bit of a rise in there economy, and slowly begins the dismantling of the drug cartels. More money, more security, more jobs, less interest in the drug business, more interest in the MLB.

Then, since the Yankees are going to beat the Dodgers in 7 games in this years World Series, McKayla officially becomes a Yankee at the beginning of the 2013 season :D :D
This will lead to an extreme boost in revenue for the Yankees, as well as sold out seats to all 81 home games. Not a chance of getting tickets if you don't reserve them before the season starts. Higher payroll, more superstars, more Yankee hate :)

Mike Trout will eventually reveal he is Chuck Norris in disguise, thus explaining his performances.

The Astros will make the playoffs. Derek Jeter gets exacly 956 hits to beat Pete Rose all-time record.

A-Rod hits 1500 hr's and 15,678 RBI's and puts baseball stats to sleep forever. Then realizes he has 12 different STD's and has 3 months to live. What a way to go out. They officially name it the A-Rod disease. He will stand behind home plate at Yankee Stadium stating "Today, I consider myself, the horniest man, on the face of the Earth."

Barry Bonds comes back and hits 100 homers.

R.A. Dickey wins 30 games, and Jason Bay hits .300.
The Red Sox win 3 games.

Yankees go 162-0 and 11-0 in the playoffs.

That is the only statement that is just out-of-this-world, ridiculously false. Everything else seems likely though.

benzni
10-02-2012, 12:27 PM
I bet you $1000 none of those things happen. The most realistic is Lawrie, but his defensive value is due to his range, and still makes a god amount of errors.

Hughes, Wandy Rodriguez, and Alex Avila predictions i have no clue how to respond to. If they do come true, youre a genius.

ay

I bet you $2000 they do happen

* oh and holy sarcasm :)

theslick1
10-02-2012, 01:12 PM
Astros win the wild card

So the National League won't have a team in next year's WS?

gaughan333
10-02-2012, 02:10 PM
Their payroll is way too high and their farm system is way too low for this to be realistic.

The Cubs continue the quest for 2525 with another tanked season. They clone David DeJesus and Paul Maholm to sign both as FAs, as those are the only two FAs the heavens will allow them to sign as they build The Right, Passive Way.

These posts keep coming (in large numbers)

LoveMeOrHateMe
10-02-2012, 02:19 PM
pujols gets back to his old self and will be battling his own teammate mike trout for mvp!
weaver finally gets a cy young award
and the angels win the world series!

Yankees90.
10-02-2012, 08:14 PM
That is the only statement that is just out-of-this-world, ridiculously false. Everything else seems likely though.

:laugh:

Rain City
10-02-2012, 08:26 PM
Seattle Mariners will win the WS!!!!!!!

benzni
10-02-2012, 11:42 PM
So the National League won't have a team in next year's WS?

that was the point. I am very excited though that 2 teams from the same league can make it now

LASportsFan1996
10-02-2012, 11:52 PM
NL & AL

- Cubbies

Just curious why so much hate on Chad Billingsley???

benzni
10-03-2012, 12:02 AM
Just curious why so much hate on Chad Billingsley???

honestly just though of Kershaw and why not choose a teammate. Just random though. lol

LASportsFan1996
10-03-2012, 12:04 AM
honestly just though of Kershaw and why not choose a teammate. Just random though. lol

OK, cause Bills isn't bad, not Cy Young good, but not that bad :laugh2:

benzni
10-03-2012, 12:05 AM
OK, cause Bills isn't bad, not Cy Young good, but not that bad :laugh2:

Now if I would have said Broxton from a few years ago, than that would be hate. He sucked out of nowhere

LASportsFan1996
10-03-2012, 12:08 AM
Broxton can suck a fat dick

Bravo95
10-03-2012, 02:09 AM
The 2013 GG winner Andrelton Simmons will rob a homerun from the shortstop position. #Range