PDA

View Full Version : Spurs sign Eddy Curry

Mr.Nate30
10-01-2012, 06:34 PM
http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/2012/10/01/collins-added-to-training-camp-roster/

discuss.

Knowledge
10-01-2012, 06:36 PM
20 burgers 12 pizzas per game

5ass
10-01-2012, 06:38 PM
20 burgers 12 pizzas per game

:clap:

King-Wade
10-01-2012, 06:39 PM
great move. already been to the finals and won. experienced.

this is the piece they need to take them to the next level

29$JerZ
10-01-2012, 06:41 PM
Joke all you want but Eddy was signed by the Heat for a reason because he still has game, he was a very good player once scoring with a fg%. I think if Spurs sign him he can be really good back to his 05-06 days. He wouldnt be in this league working out for teams if he was bad.

I expect decent minutes from a backup center role if he signs with Spurs/

Ok when Eddy Curry comes into the game and ruins all your teams, ill be making a thread poking fun at all of you.
The guy is a veteran that at one point was one of the best scorers in the game in NY, I always liked his game watching him.

Kashmir13579
10-01-2012, 06:42 PM
Imagine if Pop actually does something with him?

THE MTL
10-01-2012, 06:43 PM
This is why I wonder ESPN ranked him #500 at the worse player in the NBA. He always seems to have a job. I know guys higher than his rank that are in the D-League.

Mr.Nate30
10-01-2012, 06:44 PM
Eddy Curry, Dejuan Blair and Boris Diaw all on the same team. oh my god whatburger is about to run out of food

kdspurman
10-01-2012, 06:45 PM
Just a training camp invite folks. He's going to have to really impress in order to make the team.

At least he's continued to keep himself in good shape losing an additional 15 lbs this summer.

http://tinypic.com/r/10dtdav/6

thekmp211
10-01-2012, 06:45 PM
seems a bit odd but far from me to doubt the SAS front office. he has always been talented. if anyone could get something out of the guy it would be the spurs.

xxplayerxx23
10-01-2012, 06:47 PM
Favorites in the west.

Mr.Nate30
10-01-2012, 06:48 PM
Pop on Curry:

“I didn’t know much about Eddy Curry and he did come into camp lighter than I thought he would."

Giraffes Rule
If he sticks around it's another big body to stick on bigger teams like Memphis and LA, at the very least to do some hack-a-whoever.

Eddy Curry, Dejuan Blair and Boris Diaw all on the same team. oh my god whatburger is about to run out of food

I see you've been reading Spurstalk.

dnewguy
According to Chris broussard's sources, Curry was signed to non-guaranteed 3 weeks of free #3 @ Burger kings but due to the Spurs financial restraints, cheese will not be included in the deal.

lamzoka
10-01-2012, 06:50 PM
They think he's gonna be their good luck charm like miami

Mr.Nate30
10-01-2012, 06:51 PM
If he sticks around it's another big body to stick on bigger teams like Memphis and LA, at the very least to do some hack-a-whoever.

I see you've been reading Spurstalk.

im pretty sure every spurs fan on this site does.

greg_ory_2005
Nooooo Brooklyn was supposed to get him!

Mr.Nate30
According to Chris broussard's sources, Curry was signed to non-guaranteed 3 weeks of free #3 @ Burger kings but due to the Spurs financial restraints, cheese will not be included in the deal.

LMFAO :clap:

MackSnackWrap
10-01-2012, 06:54 PM
Call me crazy but i think he will have solid year.

Tysons_Beard
Imagine if Pop actually does something with him?

6th man lolz

Kashmir13579
Joke all you want but Eddy was signed by the Heat for a reason because he still has game, he was a very good player once scoring with a fg%. I think if Spurs sign him he can be really good back to his 05-06 days. He wouldnt be in this league working out for teams if he was bad.

Ok when Eddy Curry comes into the game and ruins all your teams, ill be making a thread poking fun at all of you.
The guy is a veteran that at one point was one of the best scorers in the game in NY, I always liked his game watching him.

:laugh:

AddiX
10-01-2012, 07:07 PM
Pop and curry on the same team, you've got to be kidding me.

0 chance this works out.

DoMeFavors
10-01-2012, 07:09 PM
Im not suprised at all, like I said im a genius. I said that the Nets should sign this guy and everyone called be dumb. But now the Spurs one of the best run teams in the NBA signed him, I dont think if he was a liability they would have signed him.

JasonJohnHorn
10-01-2012, 07:10 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHY?!?!?!?!?

When was this guy ever one of the best scorers in the game? He averaged 19 points a game for one season. Even Mike James could pull that off. Isiah ran like every play for the guy all season. Of course he's going to score. And yes, he had a high FG%, because every shot he took was within a yard of the basket.

The Knicks (Isiah) thought he had 'potential' when he was in Chi-town, and caughed up a bunch of draft picks to work a sign-and-trade deal with the Bulls (who were happy to let him go) and Thomas, because this was his big blockbuster deal that was supposed to make the Knicks better, ran the offence through him when he would have frankly been better off running it through David Lee (who shot an even higher FG% than Curry did that season).

He wasn't even in the top ten for scoring that season. Not even close to being one of the best scorers.

And he's an awful defender and rebounder. And he's still out of shape.

MetroMan
10-01-2012, 07:14 PM
this means duncan, parker, manu will be skinnier than ever

xxplayerxx23
10-01-2012, 07:14 PM
:laugh: DMF>all/

JasonJohnHorn
10-01-2012, 07:23 PM
Im not suprised at all, like I said im a genius. I said that the Nets should sign this guy and everyone called be dumb. But now the Spurs one of the best run teams in the NBA signed him, I dont think if he was a liability they would have signed him.

I thought of you right away when I saw this thread. I though; DoMeFavors is going to be heartbroken that Curry isn't on the Nets.

The goods
10-01-2012, 07:28 PM
The twin towers are back in San Antonio

Evolution23
10-01-2012, 10:08 PM

If only Eddy would eat more apples like Amare, instead of cheeseburgers

Hawkeye15
10-01-2012, 10:11 PM
I mean, how is this news after the basketball Curry has played?

Avenged
10-01-2012, 10:15 PM
Eddy Curry.. All-American MVP, 2012 NBA Champion.

Sent to San Antonio to resurrect Duncan's game.

Ebbs
10-01-2012, 10:47 PM
He has a ring.

Gram
10-01-2012, 10:54 PM
DoMeFavors is crying because he's not a Net anymore.

SanAntonioSpurs23
10-01-2012, 10:55 PM
I'd rather have Curry over Blair tbh. Both are fat and lazy, but at least Curry has size.

Byronicle
10-01-2012, 11:00 PM
it would be interesting to see if Curry turns his career around in San Antonio

Captain Moroni
10-01-2012, 11:14 PM
Eddy Curry is a waste.....any team that signs him is foolish

koreancabbage
10-01-2012, 11:20 PM
he's the "what you should not strive to be" guy on the team.

DoMeFavors
10-01-2012, 11:25 PM
Like I said if he wasnt worth signing nobody would sign him there are hundreds of bigs both Miami and Spurs could have chosen but Curry was picked. Maybe its because he actually has game, or maybe its because he is a great leader in the lockeroom because both Pat Riley and the Spurs thought Curry would be a good pickup. He must be doing something right.

ewmania
10-02-2012, 02:16 AM
great move. already been to the finals and won. experienced.

this is the piece they need to take them to the next level

yea he won... i enjoyed him swinging the towel above his head cheering every time lebron and wade caught a fast break.... oh boy eddy curry well deserved chip

shep33
10-02-2012, 02:18 AM
Popovich: "Eddy your job is to foul the **** out of Dwight Howard"

In all seriousness, I wish him the best. The guy has gone through a lot. Hope he does well.

:cheers:

Steelers23_06
10-02-2012, 02:22 AM
Popovich: "Eddy your job is to foul the **** out of Dwight Howard"

In all seriousness, I wish him the best. The guy has gone through a lot. Hope he does well.

:cheers:

haha made me laugh. but yea me too. he could be a good role player because he looks like after hitting rock bottom he has ambition especially after hearing fans scream his name in miami...motivation.

JayW_1023
10-02-2012, 02:28 AM
He could actually be useful at fouling Howard.

bobcat fan
10-02-2012, 03:49 AM
this might turn out good for the spurs, if curry can bring back some of his game, spurs are going to be a team to beat. you might have a new twin towers...

just dont let curry eat alot of burgers.....

SINCESTARBURY25
10-02-2012, 11:54 AM
this might turn out good for the spurs, if curry can bring back some of his game, spurs are going to be a team to beat. you might have a new twin towers...

just dont let curry eat alot of burgers.....

That twin towers part is good enough to be a sig....

MrfadeawayJB
10-02-2012, 01:34 PM
But why though?

FlakeyFool
10-02-2012, 01:38 PM
more rings than dwight

Starbury
10-02-2012, 02:24 PM
Curry has a lot of talent. I don't know if he's one of those guys who is great at one point of their careers, then sucks, and never comes back...

I wanted the Spurs to beat the Thunder and win it all during last year's playoffs, and I thin their off-season was not that good.

Now, if Curry pans out. If he can get back to a solid production, this is the best environment to do it. They need another inside scorer and some injection of youth, so he could help there.

You can pretty much stop considering Matt Bonner for the playoffs insert Curry or Blair into that rotation. Spurs' playoff success will be largely dependent on Danny Green and Kawhi Leonard improving.

C Duncan, Curry
PF Diaw, Splitter
SF Leonard, Jackson
SG Green, Ginobili
PG Parker, De Colo

DoMeFavors
10-02-2012, 02:38 PM
Curry has a lot of talent. I don't know if he's one of those guys who is great at one point of their careers, then sucks, and never comes back...

I wanted the Spurs to beat the Thunder and win it all during last year's playoffs, and I thin their off-season was not that good.

Now, if Curry pans out. If he can get back to a solid production, this is the best environment to do it. They need another inside scorer and some injection of youth, so he could help there.

You can pretty much stop considering Matt Bonner for the playoffs insert Curry or Blair into that rotation. Spurs' playoff success will be largely dependent on Danny Green and Kawhi Leonard improving.

C Duncan, Curry
PF Diaw, Splitter
SF Leonard, Jackson
SG Green, Ginobili
PG Parker, De Colo

I would go Parker,Green,Leonard,Duncan,Curry you have 2 big men who can score and Duncan can go back to playing PF. Then have Diaw come off the bench.

ThunderousDemon
10-02-2012, 02:40 PM
:sad2: The lakers don't stand a chance now.

Starbury
10-02-2012, 06:52 PM
I would go Parker,Green,Leonard,Duncan,Curry you have 2 big men who can score and Duncan can go back to playing PF. Then have Diaw come off the bench.

Only on certain matchups. Duncan isn't as quick as he used to be, and is now more comfortable defending at C.

With Diaw on the floor, the Spurs had masterful ball movement. Curry would give them an inside presence off the bench to complement the outside shooters like Jackson, Ginobili etc.

xxplayerxx23
10-02-2012, 07:08 PM
Um Curry won't start.

JordansBulls
10-04-2012, 09:48 PM
I thought this guy was signing with Miami?